Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why is Kiki something that is still on my screen?

I'm annoyed that they have Kiki swilling down vodka.

Speaking of, I really hope all her drinking is just sorrows drowning and not a buildup to an alcoholism story.

I'm really afraid that it is: why else would someone who's only been sharing her home with 2 wastes of space and airtime, I mean 2 other people, for only a day or so be hiding vodka in the bookcase?

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

TeCa is so pregnant. Sabrina said she was waiting to tell Michael because of what happened with Gabriel, but come one. How can no one else notice? And news flash, Sabrina: Bad things happen to people all. the. time.

I think Nurse Sabrina should discuss her 2nd ridiculous oops! pregnancy in 2 years with the guy she just started dating 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

I had to laugh when I heard Carly say that she and Sonny had not raised their sons to be in their father's business.  Sweetie, you CHOSE to raise your children in the mob and encouraged them to worship their father as a "good man" who lived by a "code".  You DID raise them to be in their father's "business".  What did you think would happen.

I wish Sabrina had told Felix that she did not tell Michael about her pregnancy because she fell in love with Michael Quartermaine not Michael Corrinthos.  She does not want to have her child in danger because of it's father's mob ties.

• Love 15

I'm really afraid that it is: why else would someone who's only been sharing her home with 2 wastes of space and airtime, I mean 2 other people, for only a day or so be hiding vodka in the bookcase?

Kiki probably thinks that books are called "vodka holders".

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 2

I wish Sabrina had told Felix that she did not tell Michael about her pregnancy because she fell in love with Michael Quartermaine not Michael Corrinthos.  She does not want to have her child in danger because of it's father's mob ties.

I definitely think her concerns about the mob ties is coming.

And btw...are Michael and Sabrina in love?  Have they said ILY to each other?

• Love 2

It would've been great if the scenes of 50 year old Alexis and Julian talking about adopting a baby had been replaced with scenes of them spending time with their kids and grandson.

At least it led to Alexis using a sliver of the town brain when she realized "Mateo/Matteo" is Leo.

I definitely think her concerns about the mob ties is coming.

And btw...are Michael and Sabrina in love?  Have they said ILY to each other?

I don't think so, but they bore me so I probably missed it if they did.

• Love 3

I just love how Sonny and Carly would bitch about the privilege that the Q's would use to get them stuff or get themselves out of trouble, but don't see any problem by turning around and using it to their own advantage. At least with the Q's their money isn't soaked in blood. And fuck Carly for saying being fucking paralyzed is somehow worse for Sonny than other mere mortals because Sonny is a self made man. Yeah, because I am sure that mother that threw herself in front of a moving car to save her children or that other mother that was paralyzed from the neck down from a car accident right before she gave birth, or heck even Matt Harmon (played by a real life paraplegic) on the sister show Port Charles who was paralyzed in a botched hit by his own mob family, were a bunch of weak willed whiners because they a just tried to make the best of situations and accept what they couldn't control. I doubt any of them or Christopher Reeves thought how much worse off they were compared to others in the same situation. It just shows the degree of solipsism that is Carly and Sonny.

Michael and Morgan Without Pity really needed to make a comeback when Sonny went off on them. "Listen man-that-fucked-my-brother's-girlfriend-on-top-of-the -crypt -of- my- bio- dad- that -you- killed- in -cold -blood, your lucky I am even talking to you instead of building a civil lawsuit to take the rest of your stuff. You don't set the rules, I do, asshole. So treat me nicer, or I will let my bio grandmother Monica, the woman I betrayed, alone in a room with you while you are asleep or drugged."

I'm surprised they didn't instantly fall to their knees and abjectly apologize and beg Sonny for forgiveness.

It's how this shitshow rolls.

• Love 6

AAAWWW A wedding surprise for Carly! Sonny is one thoughtful beau, no?   <sarcasm>.

And are we supposed to believe that Franks and Neens are growing up fast and will be a positive influence on Kiki? Let's just hope that when they finally do get around to having sex, Neens won't immediately get pregnant with the Serial Killer's spawn. After all, he's promised that "when it rains it's gonna pour".  Ewwww.

• Love 1

AAAWWW A wedding surprise for Carly! Sonny is one thoughtful beau, no? <sarcasm>.

And are we supposed to believe that Franks and Neens are growing up fast and will be a positive influence on Kiki? Let's just hope that when they finally do get around to having sex, Neens won't immediately get pregnant with the Serial Killer's spawn. After all, he's promised that "when it rains it's gonna pour". Ewwww.

Supposedly, Nina can't get pregnant, right?

Right???

Nina can't get pregnant

Her contract is up in either May or June!  What a waste of a character, resources and more importantly - our time.

Hey writers!  Here's a thought - There are these shows called ER, Gray's Anatomy, Code Black.  Watch a couple of these episodes.  It appears that y'all have Sonny/Jason/Pregnancy in line for your plots.  The characters on this soap are dull - guns and cute babies aren't the answer.  Patients at a hospital in the aforementioned shows are the ones with real bad stuff happenning to them.  Use the history (pre-Sonny) of this show and you will find plenty of drama in the characters that could be dripped down into their descendents.  Also, if you or FV could have the dialogue in the scenes a little bit longer, it wouldn't feel like a weeks worth of episodes could have fit into one episode.  TIA.

Supposedly, Nina can't get pregnant, right?

Right???

Britt said Nina was entering menopause awhile back, which I guess means perimenopause.  You can get pregnant in perimenopause, I believe.  Hey, look at Nora on OLTL.  I hope these writers don't go this route, but I wouldn't put it past them or to entirely forget Britt's diagnosis.

• Love 1

LMAO @ Valerie telling Nathan to get a life in the previews.

I'm kinda coming around on Valerie again.  I liked her "I am never buying candy again!" frustration when Dillon started in on her about being pregnant on Monday.  More snarky, less weepy about mom, please.

And I'll take this opportunity to say how thankful I am that she is NOT pregnant.

• Love 14

Britt said Nina was entering menopause awhile back, which I guess means perimenopause.  You can get pregnant in perimenopause, I believe.  Hey, look at Nora on OLTL.  I hope these writers don't go this route, but I wouldn't put it past them or to entirely forget Britt's diagnosis.

Poor Scott. Instead of Karen or even Logan giving him his first grandchild, his rape!baby and I!Never!Cared could give him his first grand child.

• Love 1

I remember once reading a woman in her fifties (though it didn't mention if she was through menopause) who had her tubes tied, became pregnant. Oh, and her husband had a vasectomy also. The article at the time said the odds of it were so much in so many billion.

So yeah, Nina can get pregnant. Menopause takes years usually to be fully over, and it's not even been a year yet for her start.

He did let Nina see the bartender so she could bribe him into dropping the charges against Kiki, which seemed like some less-than-stellar police work.

Exactly. He's a shitty cop, which was the ONLY redeeming thing about him since he's a talking tree. First, he let Franco see Kiki even though he said that it wasn't going to happen. Then Nina bats her doe eyes at him, and he relents. Then much worse, she again bats her doe eyes and he basically bends over for her. UGH, GROSS. Do your fucking job, and stop letting your relatives play on your weak-mindedness. He's an extremely poor example of law enforcement. I'm completely done with him.

The rest of St. Corinthii was so gross and vile, I don't even want to comment. Don't care about A Baby Story with Olivia or with Sabrina. Everyone on today could die and I wouldn't care. Maybe I'd save Lucas if he would disown Snarls. Dante only if he shaved.

After all, he's promised that "when it rains it's gonna pour".  Ewwww.

Really shouldn't be eating right now. There went that lunch.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

I'm kinda coming around on Valerie again.  I liked her "I am never buying candy again!" frustration when Dillon started in on her about being pregnant on Monday.  More snarky, less weepy about mom, please.

And I'll take this opportunity to say how thankful I am that she is NOT pregnant.

I really like Snarky Valerie. Her candy line was one of my favorites.

• Love 4

Amen to that.  Too bad the same can't be said for Sabrina.  Such lazy writing that an actress's pregnancy has to lead to her character being pregnant, whether it makes sense or not.  Though I guess now that Michael is fully Corinthi'd again, it's time for him to start amassing baby mamas.  Lord knows if he was still identifying as a Quartermaine Sabrina would no doubt be hiding behind plants for nine months.

• Love 3

Amen to that.  Too bad the same can't be said for Sabrina.  Such lazy writing that an actress's pregnancy has to lead to her character being pregnant, whether it makes sense or not.

And now that the show has announced Sabrina's pregnancy, they're not even bothering to hide TeCa anymore, which is so silly.

• Love 1
Do your fucking job, and stop letting your relatives play on your weak-mindedness.

Dante isn't exactly Cop of the Year, either. It's a soap trope, so I can't get too worked up over people getting special favors. It's kind of like complaining that everyone talks about private business in very public spaces. It's the way soaps work, even if it's irritating/stupid/ unrealistic.

I'll let Stephen comment for me

Stephen and I are one here.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I am watching live for the first time in three weeks. This chapel chair wedding is so painful I actually feel sorry for not just the actors involved, but the crew. Jackie with Raggety Ann hair isn't okay.

Snarky Val is Fun Val--the anti-Maxie.

I love Evie's sparkle makeup, but Jordan the chief shouldn't be wearing something like that even on a  soap.

TeCa is getting better at acting. Props.

Edited by Happywatcher
  • Love 1

Not only did all the gooey nonsense surrounding Sonny and Carly getting married make me sick, but it felt like a rerun because we've been seeing this "Sonny and Carly are tru wuv, ride or die, soul mates foreva!" tripe nonstop for weeks.

I'm still enjoying Valerie's "Mind your own fucking business!" tour.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I was kind of hoping that Sonny would have another seizure before they got to the "I Do" part of the ceremony.

Because I would have enjoyed a couple months of them trying to get married but Sonny's body rebelling every time he got close to tying the knot with Carly. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 13

Why on earth did someone run out to get Carly yet another new wedding dress instead of using the one she already had but didn't get the chance to use just a few weeks ago? (Why, out of all the things wrong with this show, does that bother me so much?)

• Love 6

And now that the show has announced Sabrina's pregnancy, they're not even bothering to hide TeCa anymore, which is so silly.

My reaction to Tuesday's scenes was finally understanding why they write pregnancies in if they are that bad at hiding them.

"Come on, Ava! Have faith in yourself!" Hee. Ava deserves to have the screws put into her a bit.

Oh, Ava. Scott is not going to win a case against Sonny. He never has, not permanently.

How is Sonny able to not have his IVs for the length of the ceremony if he's still sick enough not to be able to leave the hospital for a while?

Everything out of Lulu's mouth about Michael was beyond stupid. It's not "ironic" that Michael spent the most time with Sonny. Sonny deliberately stole Michael away from his birth father and wouldn't allow any Qs regular access.

I liked Carly's dress. It was very appropriate for a fourth wedding to the same guy. I had to mute the ceremony scenes, though. I don't care about Sonny and Carly professing their gross codependent love to each other. Mo is such a terrible crier. He needs to watch JT. Heh. The way every cheered like it had never happened before was so silly.

My reaction to Tuesday's scenes was finally understanding why they write pregnancies in if they are that bad at hiding them.

That's just it: They don't have to hide them. Viewers are sophisticated enough to separate the actors from their characters. As long as Sabrina doesn't wear formfitting clothes and says she isn't pregnant, I'm pretty sure people won't care that the actress is pregnant IRL.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Maxie totally deserved that monotone yelling from Valerie. God, shut up Maxie. Although, what the hell? I know Valerie pushed Nathan into the interrogation room, but that bench Jordan and Anna were by is two feet from Nathan's desk, there is no way she would have missed Valerie trashing that yummy looking donut.

I was hoping Anna would tell Ava that she killed Carlos, because who the hell would believe Ava if she told the truth?

I liked Maxie's sweater.

NuJoss appears pretty cute. Too bad she was brought on for . . for . . for . . . that. I'm surprised they didn't recast Lucky, Robin, and bring back Michael Sutton as Stone to make a blessing from on high for the occasion while they were at it.

• Love 2

(sigh) I was really hoping that the new writers would shuck the corn jokes. NuJoss is cute but definitely not a child of the corn so the jokes are stupid. And she's also about 12, so she's way out of Cam/Emma/Spenthaw's league.

• Love 5

Not only did all the gooey nonsense surrounding Sonny and Carly getting married make me sick, but it felt like a rerun because we've been seeing this "Sonny and Carly are tru wuv, ride or die, soul mates foreva!" tripe nonstop for weeks.

I'm still enjoying Valerie's "Mind your own fucking business!" tour.

Maxie totally deserved it, but poor lug Nathan did not deserve his donut being thrown out. He's pretty much the only one genuinely concerned about her well-being.

I love Evie's sparkle makeup, but Jordan the chief shouldn't be wearing something like that even on a  soap.

Evie?

I just want to grab Lucas, Joss, Dante, and Lulu and hustle them right on out of this farce. Oh, and Kristina. 

I would throw in Sabrina too. I don't love her, but she's done nothing wrong. She's with child! She's already nauseous enough probably.

How old is nuJoss supposed to be?

She looks about 12-13ish to me, but in any case, too old to be cavorting with the other kiddies, for which I am thankful.

• Love 3

(sigh) I was really hoping that the new writers would shuck the corn jokes. NuJoss is cute but definitely not a child of the corn so the jokes are stupid. And she's also about 12, so she's way out of Cam/Emma/Spenthaw's league.

The corn jokes are so not funny.  I can't believe it is still going on

NuJoss appears pretty cute. Too bad she was brought on for . . for . . for . . . that.

I'm not happy they seem to have stamped out all the brattiness that made the last one so entertaining.  I want her making Carly's life miserable. 

And I don't recall Joss being some big Sonny fan.  Didn't she slot him just above Franco as far as stepdads she'd put up?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I'm not happy they seem to have stamped out all the brattiness that made the last one so entertaining.  I want her making Carly's life miserable. 

And I don't recall Joss being some big Sonny fan.  Didn't she slot him just above Franco as far as stepdads she'd put up?

No way would Joss be an sonny fan.THen again nobody is allowed to hate him.

• Love 2

Maxie totally deserved it, but poor lug Nathan did not deserve his donut being thrown out. He's pretty much the only one genuinely concerned about her well-being.

Well Valerie didn't get her candy, no sweets for anyone!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Evie?

Sorry, Vinessa the actress played the biggest backstabbing snake ever seen on TV, on Haven. I have a hard time liking Jordan because of that, even though she is often the best looking female character on a given episode and is often allowed to be smart unless the writers need her to lose her brains to have sex for no good reason with a given loser.

• Love 3

That reminds me, I was amused at how Maxie was acting like the body was the worst sight she's ever seen, given she saw Levi and his hair, naked.

also, re: Joss - she told Sonny that she loved him? Oh Joss. I guarantee you Sonny does not love you back!

• Love 8

Dante isn't exactly Cop of the Year, either. It's a soap trope, so I can't get too worked up over people getting special favors. It's kind of like complaining that everyone talks about private business in very public spaces. It's the way soaps work, even if it's irritating/stupid/ unrealistic.

No, he isn't. But Nathan is just so pathetic around Nina, I find it really distasteful. 

I remember her having a line about "Uncle Sonny" a long time ago, that she wanted Carly to be with him. Ugh. No one can despise this monster.

• Love 2
That's just it: They don't have to hide them. Viewers are sophisticated enough to separate the actors from their characters. As long as Sabrina doesn't wear formfitting clothes and says she isn't pregnant, I'm pretty sure people won't care that the actress is pregnant IRL.

I've been saying this for a while now.  Just don't throw them in something that makes it distracting, and give us enough credit to separate the two. 

• Love 3

That reminds me, I was amused at how Maxie was acting like the body was the worst sight she's ever seen, given she saw Levi and his hair, naked.

Speaking of the body, I was hoping it would be Sloane's so I could do another cartwheel.  Although, I guess it could be and Paul disfigured it and then dummied it with the ID to look like it's Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos'.

• Love 4

I think it makes it worse when they're writing it in and not hiding the fact the actress' stomach doesn't match the story (the actress is almost always further along IRL than the character.) It's one thing if the whole thing is being ignored, but knowing Sabrina is suppose to be pregnant without anyone knowing yet she is standing in front of everyone showing, I know none of them are bright crayons but still, it makes them look even dumber and it'll get worse when the "reveal" comes. It's worse to this time having it going on with everyone suspecting Valarie is pregnant who is showing no signs from what would be a July conception, other than Nathan's terrible detective work and not being able to mind his own business. .