Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Anyway, I still love the Jerome sibs together. I think should they spend some time bonding by shooting Franco and Nina and them kicking them into the harbor like soccer balls.

I've always loved them, they're my favorite relationship of hers. They just get each other, and there's all that inappropriate chem to go along with their wicked dynamic.

Ugh, spare me, Carly and Sonny, your attempts at trying to parent Morgan. Self-righteous pieces of crap.

Kiki: I'm going to go splash some cold water on my face and try to calm down. (she said in a flat, monotonous tone of voice). Yeah, you're completely out of control.

I want this catatonic person to take a needle to Nina and render her mute and then she has to be shipped off to Siberia for treatment, never to return.

And the one time that the name Kiki actually should not be mentioned is in a court of law. Her name is Lauren Katherine, Ric, not Lauren Kiki. Unless you expect us to believe that you are one of her FRIENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDS.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5

I'd like for Helena to come to town with a couple of bombshell reveals:  Little Jake isn't Jake, and top it off with Big Jake/Jason is a ringer, not Jason Morgan Quartermaine at all but one of her experiments. 

We've been calling it "schlubbing", as in Franco isn't Franco at all, but some schlub who has been programmed by Helena to thnk he's Franco. It solves the "back from the dead" as pect, and allows new characters.

In addition to Jake, Jakeson, and FrancoSchlub, NutmegsMom postulated that Hayden is a schlub. Georgie of all people, although that violates the "dead is dead we saw the body" rule. A reverse schlubbing?

Sonny and Carly bugged me (more than usual) about his bipolar. Carly, rather than sonny, shouldn't be denying that his bipolar would be passed down to Morgan, since he addressed this back in the dark days of Soily, 2006. I distinctly remember he talked to Ric about keeping an eye on Molly because of the Adela Cray Cray Gene.

Then I saw up above that this is a way to make it all about Sonny, and it made perfect sense in the context of the show.

Oh, the show is so full of shit with this "Morgan was a sweet little boy, but then when we SORASed him he turned into a douche, let's retroactively make it seem like it was our plan all along to make him bi-polar!"

I will say that Laura Wright did a good job with not wanting it to be true but plowing forward making herself face the possibility.

• Love 8
Why not just use Carly or Bobbie as an excuse for it? Have Serena pissed at how Scott is treated by them.

I'm just not a fan of kids continuing their parents' feuds, especially when it has nothing to do with the kids. Boo hoo, Carly and Bobbie are mean to Scott. He's not exactly Prince Charming to them. Let the adults work it out. It's their problem, especially something this dumb.

I will say that Laura Wright did a good job with not wanting it to be true but plowing forward making herself face the possibility.

Carly has always been pretty good about stuff like that. When Sonny was diagnosed, she accepted it and worked hard to get Sonny to get treatment. Sonny's usually the asshole in these situations.

• Love 3

Francie, I like how you think -- in general, as well as the post about Heather Webber and NuPillowena! Could we expand that to Heather and NuPillowena escape and head over to jail to visit son Franco and give him Momma's special pillowhug? Then on to Boregan & Keeks, then a visit to the Moobster and Snarly. Final stop on the NuPillowena tour: Liez. 

The show would be so much more fun, and perhaps doctors at the HOSPITAL could try (unsuccessfully) to revive Heather and NuPillowena's victims. Focus then shifts to hiring more staff, as they are now without an oncologist and head of cardiology Monica is too busy with the judge to mend more hearts. 

Works for me!

• Love 2

An open letter to Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman:

If you haven't already killed off or otherwise written Nina off, then please stop whatever it is you're doing and pen this as the opening of your very next show:

Nina is in the sanitarium, sitting at a table. The comatose patient is sitting across from her. Nina prattles on and on (though, please, for the sake of abiding by the Geneva conventions, make it no longer than 34 seconds).  Up creeps behind her is Robin Matson as Heather Webber. 

Heather reveals to the audience that she has a pillow and in a flash Heather covers Nina's mouth with it. Nina is suffocated.

When finished, Heather straightens up with a look of satisfaction. "She was annoying. She talked too much." Heather says aloud.

The comatose patient leans in and says, with great gratification, "Thank you."

Ladies, that patient would be speaking for the audience. She would be speaking for the audience. [EXCEPT -2]

:swoons:

But Nina isn't worthy of being killed by Heather Webber. Can't her murderer be Adrienne Barbeau or Angel Sorel or Spenthaw or some other worthless piece of trash?

Eh, whatever; I just want her and her freak gutterbutt soulmate dead.

• Love 2

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, the ending today was too much. Sonny sits in a chair, looks to the heavens and asks "why is it everyone around me gets hurt?"

IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING MOBSTER, AND A MORON AT THAT?

The stupid. It burns!

• Love 21
Frank teased a surprise re-appearance today.  It's a given that it was a letdown. But, still, I'm going to ask, who was it?

Graciella, Sonny's housekeeper.

(Heh, I don't know. I'm watching the 3 p.m. feed live.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Frank teased a surprise re-appearance today.  It's a given that it was a letdown. But, still, I'm going to ask, who was it?

Molly? Maybe he was off on the days because I didn't spot anyone.

Is it supposed to be cute that michael is talking about the clinic to sonny and Carly? You know, the MEMORIAL clinic that is only necessary because SONNY FUCKING MURDERED HIM! My god....sonny standing there saying its a good thing and Michael NOT tearing his oily little head off is ridiculous.

This show.

• Love 11

Much respect to Haley Pullos for wearing that bikini. I also liked her tote bag.

LOL that anyone is surprised Denise is actually Ava. Well, except Morgan. Julian reacted pretty much as I thought he would.

Only Sonny and Carly would turn their kid's illness into a pat on the back for their amazing couple skills. 

That was a very long hour.

• Love 4

Every time the camera pans over to Coma Lady in Ninoo's sanitarium, an anvil hits me smack on my thinker. She's got to be a plant. I hope she is wired as well as completely alert. I wish Scotty would call his next witness and voila! it would be Coma Lady sashaying up to the witness chair.

• Love 6

I still have a faint hope that Kristina will come back and give Sonny a smackdown for murdering AJ. I loved her telling Sonny off (in the hospital, in front of Alexis) for trying to kill Jax via plane crash. Truly a beautiful moment. Then when she stalked out, all Sonny had to say was aren't you going after her (to Alexis). 

The judge is pretty good looking.

I like how Michael said, what if he goes to Dr Collins and he says that Morgan's just an idiot and Carly just blew by that possibility.

TJ and Molly are good looking kids. I don't care about them, but maybe their demos would be up if they featured these two more?

TJ feels awkward about taking money from Sonny for the dorms but not awkward living in his house? Seems that would be more awkward to me. All I know is, if Duke were still there TJ would probably be running from the house in terror.

I don't get it, why could't Franco tell the truth about Morgan's lies? Also, Franco's contempt for Kiki was maybe the only time I've liked/been intrigued by this character, ever.

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, the ending today was too much. Sonny sits in a chair, looks to the heavens and asks "why is it everyone around me gets hurt?"

The stupid. It burns!

Is that what he said? I muted it because I was so embarrassed by the wide-angle "look this is a srs mobster doing srs contemplating" camera shot.

• Love 3
IS IT BECAUSE [sonny] A FUCKING MOBSTER, AND A MORON AT THAT?

I wish this is the conversation Carly and Michael were having:

Carly: Has Morgan seemed stupid to you lately? You know, cause I'm just afraid. Cause Sonny's stupid, and they say that stupidity is something that can be passed down, you know? I don't want to believe it, but your brother might have gotten his father's stupidity. We need to take him to a psychiatrist.

Michael: Okay, but mom . . . what if the doctor looks him over and says he's not stupid, he just has some sort of mental illness?

Carly: Well I guess then we'll deal with that when that happens. But I really hope he's stupid, because what else could explain his behavior for the past year?

Michael: Trust me, I never thought my brother would do something as stupid as drugging me without covering his tracks at all.

Carly: Exactly. We have to seriously consider the fact that he may be stupid. Think - are there any times when he's acted very stupid, or extra stupid, or super stupid? Something, you know, that just seemed extraordinarily dumb.

Michael: Well - there was the night when I saw him at the Metro Court, and he was staring into space with the dumbest look I've ever seen on his face. His lips were super pursed together, like he was trying to think but he just couldn't quite get it.

Carly (eyes fill up with tears, puts her hand to her head): Oh God! I knew it! When was this?

Michael: hmm. July 31st.

Carly: The night Silas Clay got himself stupidly murdered!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 24

Carly: Has Morgan seemed stupid to you lately? You know, cause I'm just afraid. Cause Sonny's stupid, and they say that stupidity is something that can be passed down, you know? I don't want to believe it, but your brother might have gotten his father's stupidity. We need to take him to a psychiatrist.

Michael: Okay, but mom . . . what the doctor looks him over and says he's not stupid, he just has some sort of mental illness?

Carly: Well I guess then we'll deal with that when that happens. But I really hope he's stupid, because what else could explain his behavior for the past year?

Michael: Trust me, I never thought my brother would do something as stupid as drugging me without covering his tracks at all.

Carly: Exactly. We have to seriously consider the fact that he may be stupid. Think - are there any times when he's acted very stupid, or extra stupid, or super stupid? Something, you know, that just seemed extraordinarily dumb.

Michael: Well - there was the night when I saw him at the Metro Court, and he was staring into space with the dumbest look I've ever seen on his face. His lips were super pursed together, like he was trying to think but he just couldn't quite get it.

Carly (eyes fill up with tears, puts her hand to her head): Oh God! I knew it! When was this?

I love this so much I want to lie about it's identity than agree to marry it.  

• Love 13

To be fair, ulkis, those levels of stupid probably need to be defined/baselined since they apply to everyone on this show.

• Very Stupid: Brad keeping his marriage from Lucas
  • Extra Stupid: Ava masquerading as Denise
  • Super Stupid: the entire Spencer clan's collaborative lie before running off to save Ethan the entire Scrubs-imploded thing at this point

I think that TJ is enjoying the high life way to much. It looks like he has quit his job at Kelly's, too. It looks like he is joining the young adults as a moocher.

TJ did straight up say he was enjoying the perks of crashing at Sonny's.  But I'm just glad that that was punctuated by the closest thing Molly has to her mother's side-eye at the realization that Sonny's RDF has indeed begun to claim her boo.  Combined with the repeated insistences that he's safe and nothing will happen to him, though...the anvils were flying fast and furious there.

OTOH, Maura West in that blouse and skirt.  I pretty much tuned Ava's entire reveal to Julian out except for that...okay, that and her vowing that they could take Sonny down once and for all.  Girl, I love you, but stop.

And in the show in my head, right after being unceremoniously shoved offscreen, Heidi (Kimberly Lewis, you da real MVP) abruptly ran back in and strangled the ever-loving hell out of Madeline...thus completing her status as a sort of audience analogue.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 3

Michael: Well, the other day he was trying to sell me this face cream stuff and he swore up and down that it was a skin care miracle.  Problem was, he was totally broken out in pustules as he was telling me this.

• Love 7

Michael: Okay, but mom . . . what the doctor looks him over and says he's not stupid, he just has some sort of mental illness?

Can you send this to one of the writers at GH? Maybe you can send it to LW and CD and they can ad-lib it without anyone noticing.

I wish Julian would've told Ava to get the fuck out of his house with her stupid lying worthless ass. If the writers want to make it up to me they'll have him accidentally expose her real identity to the wrong person.

If Nina is ever written out I hope she kills her mother. 

• Love 4

TJ feels awkward about taking money from Sonny for the dorms but not awkward living in his house? Seems that would be more awkward to me. All I know is, if Duke were still there TJ would probably be running from the house in terror.

Nah, Duke would have curled up in TJ's lap and purred until his cat power vibes soothed TJ into submission.

Is that what he said? I muted it because I was so embarrassed by the wide-angle "look this is a srs mobster doing srs contemplating" camera shot.

Yeah, that was bad. Plus, I yelled "YEESSSSSSSSSSSSS, SONNY!! You suuuuuck." at my tv.

I think that TJ is enjoying the high life way to much. It looks like he has quit his job at Kelly's, too. It looks like he is joining the young adults as a moocher.

NOOOOOOO!

• Love 3
I like how Michael said, what if he goes to Dr Collins and he says that Morgan's just an idiot and Carly just blew by that possibility.

This would be a more interesting story, because it doesn't give Morgan an excuse for being such an asshole, but of course the show wouldn't ever want to say Sonny and Carly are terrible parents.

It looks like [TJ] is joining the young adults as a moocher.

The PC rite of passage.

• Love 4

Graciella, Sonny's housekeeper.

Well, she is my  242nd favorite character of the show.  And I mean of the present cast.  None of this all-time bs.

Molly? Maybe he was off on the days because I didn't spot anyone.

Molly -- my 27th favorite character of the current cast.  Too bad Ron isn't around on twitter anymore to insult us for not knowing who Frank's intern meant.

LOL that anyone is surprised Denise is actually Ava. Well, except Morgan. Julian reacted pretty much as I thought he would.

Did Frank mean that Ava was back as opposed to Denise?  Is that possibly what he could have meant?

I mean, yay Ava is back, if that means no more bad $2 wig and horrid come-and-go accent.  But am I really supposed to be excited she's back, when she's really never left?  Plus she's my 7th least favorite character of the current cast.  Which means she's my  1,825 favorite character.  I enjoy the judge Ulkis mentioned in her post above more. And I didn't even watch today's episode. And I have no plans on watching it.  But at least it sounds like she served a purpose.

Thanks all for your responses!

Edited because:  Darn it, that's what I get for making assumptions about gender.  "His mother was the surgeon!"

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

I just watched four episodes in a row. Someone hold me.

I don't think Heidi is a plant faking being catatonic, only because Nina isn't admitting anything to her. On the contrary, she's saying that she didn't kill Silas. She didn't.  She didn't kill Silas. And Franco didn't do it. He didn't do it. I think Heidi is just a device to allow Nina to recap the same goddamn thing every day for the benefit of us, the viewers, and our short-term memory loss, which requires that Nina tell Heidi what happened yesterday and that we see a flashback of what happened yesterday followed by Nina again telling Heidi what happened yesterday. Aside from how annoying it is, I just find the whole thing deeply offensive. Like, hey, let's have a seriously mentally ill character played for the lulz! Everyone will treat her like furniture and she won't complain because she's completely immobile. Ha ha!

Is it possible this isn't really Nikolas? It's not the evilness so much, which I rather enjoy except for the attempted murder, but he seems sort of, I don't know, dopey and awkward. I know it probably is him and not a double, but what got me thinking about it was that weird thing with Hayden when he moved in for a kiss, backed off, then squatted, kissed her hand and said, "I am a prince, after all." Tyler Christopher half-asses it some of the time, but he generally doesn't play Nik as such a dork.

Dante's bangs are hurting my feelings.

• Love 8

"Because the writers need to give you agita and lord only knows you can't be allowed to lose at anything ever so the only other option is to have bad things happen to people around you and then make the bad things all about you.  Now make your sad panda face for the close up".

• Love 3

BWAH! That neither Michael nor Joss can be bothered to show up for the ridiculous CarSon wedding. The writers get very little right on this show, but that is kind of perfect. 

I have no doubt that St. Sabrina will convince Michael that he needs to be at his parents' wedding.  I don't think Jax will be doing the same thing with Joss.  Jax is wonderful

• Love 10

I have no doubt that St. Sabrina will convince Michael that he needs to be at his parents' wedding.  I don't think Jax will be doing the same thing with Joss.  Jax is wonderful

My favorite part of today was Carly saying that she didn't tell Jax about the wedding because he would start in on her about Sonny. Wrong Carly! Jax is free! He's not gonna say shit to you cause it's pointless and he knows you're an idiot!

I love off-screen Jax so much. I need them to say that Robin and Jax are getting married off screen. When SORASed Joss comes back she can tell Carly no hard feelings against Carly but Robin feels more like her mom to her than Carly does. And then when Carly asks why the hell Jax never told her he was married to Robin all these years, he can say for the same reason you didn't tell me about your wedding to Sonny.

um I got a bit off track there.

• Love 16

My favorite part of today was Carly saying that she didn't tell Jax about the wedding because he would start in on her about Sonny. Wrong Carly! Jax is free! He's not gonna say shit to you cause it's pointless and he knows you're an idiot!

I love off-screen Jax so much. I need them to say that Robin and Jax are getting married off screen. When SORASed Joss comes back she can tell Carly no hard feelings against Carly but Robin feels more like her mom to her than Carly does. And then when Carly asks why the hell Jax never told her he was married to Robin all these years, he can say for the same reason you didn't tell me about your wedding to Sonny.

No, that's ON track.

• Love 5

ulkis for show runner. 

That said, I do think Jax would care about Carly marrying Sonny again -- but only for Joss's sake. I hope Off-Screen Jax finds out about the wedding anyhow, and refuses to return her.  

• Love 5

ulkis for show runner. 

That said, I do think Jax would care about Carly marrying Sonny again -- but only for Joss's sake. I hope Off-Screen Jax finds out about the wedding anyhow, and refuses to return her.  

:)

The only reason he doesn't care in my scenario is Joss is with him. In my head, he's definitely not returning her.

God bless Hannah Nordberg for being a talented kid and getting other jobs. I know the network put a stop to the kiddie quad but one of the kids being otherwise preoccupied helps.

• Love 6

If we can't have Jax back in Port Charles permanently he should at least come back to tell Carly that she may be gaining Sonny as her husband but she has lost her daughter in the process.  He then presents her with an Australian court decree giving him full custody of the corn child. 

• Love 9

Ha, I want Carly to get an email or note from Joss saying "Daddy's not making me come to your wedding 'cause Daddy loves me." 

I will disagree about the Jax scenario because Robin's been through enough, she doesn't deserve to have to raise Carly's brat. I would prefer her build/re-build a healthy relationship with Emma, and form a new family with some fabulous guy off-screen. If anything, Brenda's story should be re-written so that she confesses to Jax off-screen that he is the true father of her son, over time J&B fell in love again, got married, and are raising the two kids together. Carly gets surprised when she receives adoption papers from J&B, along with a note from Joss asking her to sign them because while she still sees Carly as a mother-figure, Brenda feels like a mom to her. Cue Cujo screaming. End scene. 

ETA: HP is a beautiful young lady, and I hope Molly ends up dumping TJ for being a stupid jackass. The joking that he's not going to be shooting people with a machine gun was disgusting. I wish Molly had told him hey, Michael got shot in the head because of my uncle, Kristina barely escaped death by car bomb because of my uncle, Sam got shot because of Jason, and my house got fire bombed because someone wanted to get revenge on Julian. Nobody close to him escaped unscathed. I hated her apologizing for possibly hurting Uncle Sonny's delicate feelings.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 12

Brenda also needs to tell Carly that she and Michael did have sex on the night of the Nurses Ball and that Carly's grandbaby is beautiful.  Brenda then adds the fact that she and Jax are raising both of her children and the corn child together. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 6

I wish Julian would've told Ava to get the fuck out of his house

It's her house.

I loved him telling her he missed her so much, it was just...sweet. (I won't take any bets on him not selling her out again, but it's nice while it lasts.) And glad to see cutthroat Ava again, I've missed her too.

The beginning of the show with the innocence of young love was too. And TeRi's little dance was kind of adorable. This is the kind of stuff they should have been showing this summer. And kudos to HP for having the guts to wear that bikini. She looked great. And even more kudos for Molly truth telling what a lousy human being her uncle is. I pretended to not hear her apology.

I cannot comment on the grossness of Sonny. You guys do a much better job of it than I do anyway. But he can't seriously be that oblivious, can he? What am I saying.

Madeline had zftg for catatonic lady.

• Love 4

He then presents her with an Australian court decree giving him full custody of the corn child.

Would Carly notice or care?  She's all about Avery these days.  I'm surprised she knew that JOss was in Australia with Jax.  

I was really hoping that when Ava told Julian the truth, that he would have known all along and being quietly keeping her secret.  

Speaking of secrets, why is it that everyone knows the secret.  Helena, Nik, Liz, Hayden, Lucky and Laura know that Jake is Jason.  Silas, Franco, NIna, LIesl, and Julian know Ava's alive.   Doesn't that defeat the purpose of calling it a "secret".  

• Love 1

SPOILER ALERT!

The stupid. It burns!

REPORT THIS POST

Oh, it's worse than that. He didn't say *Why* does everyone gets hurt, he asked *DOES* everyone around me get hurt (in response to overhearing Molly's concern for TJ). Like, he's truly never noticed that everyone around him gets hurt. This following his concern that Carly shouldn't be around dangerous Jakeson because she might get hurt. Can he be any more clueless and self absorbed?

Edited by majormama
  • Love 4

Oh, it's worse than that. He didn't say *Why* does everyone gets hurt, he asked *DOES* everyone around me get hurt (in response to overhearing Molly's concern for TJ). Like, he's truly never noticed that everyone around him gets hurt. This following his concern that Carly shouldn't be around dangerous Jakeson because she might get hurt. Can he be any more clueless and self absorbed?

Yes. The answer to this is always yes.

• Love 12

The scene where Avaenise enters the courtroom in the mostly open blouse and exposed black bra, was I the only one waiting for New Kiki to say something like "Oh, sorry, this is the Courthouse Center. The Madonna concert is at the Civic Center down by the docks"?

Last time I had to go to court was about five years ago, but even then only lawyers are allowed to have cell phones in the building to put a stop to people posting photos to the Stop Snitching web sites. But heck, why even bother, in real life they wouldn't even had a probable cause hearing yet, much less a trial.

When did they film this episode (Friday the 21st)? I am asking because I saw a twitter pic of a fan/cast event and TeCa is quite pregnant now. If they are going to give Sabrina a Michael baby they need to hurry up.

• Love 3