Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

GHScorpiosRule - I was actually thinking of the time when JMB's Lulu was in a building that collapsed/exploded, and Luke was sort of verbally praying to catatonic Laura for help finding Lulu. Then he found her, injured, and pulled her out of the wreckage and got her to the hospital. I forget who else was in that explosion; I'm pretty sure it was when Lulu was part of the teen scene.

CPP83 - That is a superb summary of today's show. Bravo.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
(edited)

I did like, though, that the envelope said "Angel" - a nice last second tribute to LnL even as TG has shit on the relationship that made his career.

Did we see Luke hand Lulu the envelope?  I could see Ron and company sticking the letter business in as SOME kind of nod to Luke&Laura, in scenes Tony Geary wasn't in so he couldn't object to them. 

He's probably fuming at his Amsterdam chalet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Nope we did not see the envelope in that scene; their last moment together was a tearful hug (97% Lulu's tears). I'm assuming the script directions say Luke gave Lulu that envelope off-screen, right before she walked away from him, sobbing her eyes out. 

• Love 1

I'm assuming the script directions say Luke gave Lulu that envelope off-screen, right before she walked away from him, sobbing her eyes out. 

I'm assuming the letter wasn't mentioned in any script Tony Geary could have seen.

• Love 9

I don't think it is coincidental that Tony Geary and Mo-Ron are being let go together, with women writers brought in to try to save the show. Male cronyism made this show rot from within. Geary has played all the sides, whichever direction the political winds were blowing, for many years to grow and support his flimsy "talent" in the role of Luke. I think he stabbed his fellow coworkers in the back, especially if the characters, actors, or their stories didn't celebrate his lifestyle or had "old fashioned" (i.e., traditional) values. TG and MoRon are cut from the same lame cloth, and Tony was given far too much input over the show storylines, dialogue, and so on.

The other crony in the trifecta was Maurice Benard and the endless mob stories that served as his setting. Recent and past writers never seemed to grasp that constantly showcasing and protecting Sonny the character and MB the actor for "reasons" bled the show to death, siphoning off suspense and drama, leaving dry purposeless violence and fleshless characters like Duke and screw-up Sean.

The constant ebb and flow of a cast of thousands and their now-you-see-them-now-you-don't stories was another heavy blow.

• Love 6

Re:Rafe and the accident. He wasn't hired to kill anyone. The premie birth was just a byproduct of the crash. Yeah, Victor Cassadine suddenly claimed responsibility, but once again it was all just Cassadines=REASONS for RC. Stupid and it made no sense. And where did the MaybeAlive!Alison end up? Who knows! Because Ron never cared about and it just a crazy red herring.

Today? Boring and stupid. Luke's last day and he spends it with fucking Sonny? Telling him PC needs him? Fuck you RC!

As Kiki finding out about Morgan cheating on her with her AuntMommy, the sooner the better. I hope that the pain actually makes Kiki interesting. Especially in turning on Morgan and Ava/Denise. Let little Miss Sweetness break and let her dark side come out. It would be the best thing for the character and the actress.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not a bad ending for Geary. Although, his last day should have been with Kin Shriner. Of course, it has to be all about Sonny. Now, I really hate RC. Geary had final scenes with everyone past and present except Shriner. <shaking my head & banging it on my desk>

Exit to add: I did crack up when Maxie told Madeline her outfit was dated. I liked that Maxie didn't back down and did mention her list of bad deeds. Double kudos for Nathan for backing her up.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

Re:Rafe and the accident. He wasn't hired to kill anyone. The premie birth was just a byproduct of the crash. Yeah, Victor Cassadine suddenly claimed responsibility, but once again it was all just Cassadines=REASONS for RC. Stupid and it made no sense. And where did the MaybeAlive!Alison end up? Who knows! Because Ron never cared about and it just a crazy red herring.

Who knows what reasons would have been explained for the crash if Kimberly hadn't been available to appear again get Robin trashed and annihilated even more, if that was possible? It was explained that Victor gave the order, or some whatever (I've fortunately blocked out a LOT of that), and we learned that he did it because Robin tried to get in touch with her family, and this was her punishment. So, she had to continue to lie to Patrick. But that was bullshit too, since we knew and saw Victor blackmail Robin and even saw Patrick threaten to kill him. And all of that changed to how Robin "made the choice to abandon her family" bullshit.

• Love 4
(edited)

So Luke's very last moment with another cast member was telling Sonny to "take care" of PC? Got that message loud and clear!

It's not ER's fault she was hired when she was and Geary finally left on her watch, but, those Lulu/Luke scenes would have meant so much more if it was JMB.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am dead-ass convinced that if Ron was still here, the next time we saw Robin she'd be clutching Lulu and Stavros' unholy spawn to her breast, having birthed it herself. That was my first thought when all that Crichton-Clark bullshit went down and Helena took charge of Robin and the embryo. I still live in some fear of that possibility, but much less so than last week. The idea turns my stomach.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
(edited)
It's not ER's fault she was hired when she when she was and Geary finally left on her watch, but, those Lulu/Luke scenes would have meant so much more if it was JMB.

I know this was a pipe dream, but I was holding out hope until the very last minute that JMB would appear for just that one scene on the dock with Luke. That would have made the Luke/Lulu goodbye scene truly special. While TG and ER did a good job, it just fell flat with me that JMB wasn't there. 

Not a bad ending for Geary. Although, his last day should have been with Kin Shriner. Of course, it has to be all about Sonny. Now, I really hate RC. Geary had final scenes with everyone past and present except Shriner. <shaking my head & banging it on my desk>

Totally agree. There should have been a Luke/Scotty scene. That was a huge missed opportunity.

While I hated that TG's last scene partner was Sonny, I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed when Luke walked into the mist. I was never a big Luke fan  - I hated what the show did to Scotty to prop Luke - but today was the end of an era. I have watched this show all of my life, even when I didn't understand the storylines. I can still remember when it was a half-hour show and I'd sit with my mom when she watched it. At that time, i was just waiting for it to be over because the Flintstones came on afterward. 

At any rate, goodbye Luke. It hasn't all been good, but it's been an interesting ride. 

Edited by Baxter
  • Love 7

I am dead-ass convinced that if Ron was still here, the next time we saw Robin she'd be clutching Lulu and Stavros' unholy spawn to her breast, having birthed it herself. That was my first thought when all that Crichton-Clark bullshit went down and Helena took charge of Robin and the embryo. I still live in some fear of that possibility, but much less so than last week. The idea turns my stomach.

Stop.typing.this.insanity.I.cant.

• Love 2
(edited)

Luke's exit wasn't with Laura?  How can that be?  Even Tracy would've been a more suitable character to have his final scenes with.  But they chose his young boyfriend Sonny instead?  Pfft!  I'm not interested in Dillon and Valerie as scheming homewreckers to Lulu and Dante.  Find something else for Dillon and Valerie please, even if they're not going to be a couple themselves.  So, RC is out and new writers are in.  What do we know about these new writers?  I get the feeling they will be cleaning house where characters are concerned.  I'm already calling it:  Bye bye to Lucas and Brad amongst several others.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

It honestly took me a few seconds to remember that Lulu is Morgan's sister-in-law because Dante is his brother. Have they ever shared scenes since Morgan was aged? For that matter, when was the last time Dante and Michael shared scenes? I miss the relationship Dante used to have with his brothers.

Luke's exit was incredibly weak. Definitely not worth the long limp to this finish line.

• Love 4

So I assume that GF and the new head writers will have a sit-down and eventually they will decide whether to have Laura continue on contract after the fall.  I personally hope she stays on - this will be the first time since 1978 that Laura is on the show for an extended time without Luke.

However, if she leaves (possibly) for good, I hope that they somehow have Luke and Laura reconcile off-screen, regardless of what TG wants, and then never see either of them again.  Give us a happy ending, at least.

• Love 6

It's not ER's fault she was hired when she when she was and Geary finally left on her watch, but, those Lulu/Luke scenes would have meant so much more if it was JMB.

Yeah, it seemed like TG could barely get moist eyes with ER; whereas he seemed to feel genuine emotions about his final scenes with Genie (@Triple L diner), JJ, Jane, Genie and Jackie. 

• Love 1

Since Silas was the one who kidnapped Avery, can someone explain it to me as if I were Morgan, how the hell did Ric get the blanket to torment Nina with.

I think he said some nonsense about having a duplicate made?  Because he saw it at Sonny's...or something?

(edited)

Dillon thinking he's going to make Lulu jealous by dating Valerie is just pathetic.  When even Morgan can tell you're salivating over his brother's wife, you have no hope. 

Sorry for quoting this twice - what's more frustrating is that Dante and Lulu probably ARE going to be jealous. Ugh, one of the many things I hate about this plot, because most of the time Dante and Lulu have avoided having to retake classes at General Hospital High and now they are about to attend summer school. Is that metaphor too much lol?

Oh, saw the rest of the show and I judged Laura too soon. Sorry Laura! You were nice! What she said mostly made no sense, but she was nice! I'd like some scenes between her and Olivia please.

Yeah, it seemed like TG could barely get moist eyes with ER; whereas he seemed to feel genuine emotions about his final scenes with Genie (@Triple L diner), JJ, Jane, Genie and Jackie. 

He was probably like, what is this poor girl's name again?

It honestly took me a few seconds to remember that Lulu is Morgan's sister-in-law because Dante is his brother. Have they ever shared scenes since Morgan was aged? For that matter, when was the last time Dante and Michael shared scenes? I miss the relationship Dante used to have with his brothers.

Luke's exit was incredibly weak. Definitely not worth the long limp to this finish line.

Dante, Lulu, Morgan, and Kiki had scenes in January, and then Lulu took Morgan over to show him the Haunted Star because she wanted him to take a bartending job there, and when they got there Michael was there and the brothers fought. And nothing was ever mentioned of Morgan and the job again.

Dante I think last shared scenes with Michael last month actually? Maybe it was even this month. Michael asked him to come and arrest Rosalie. I feel like he and Michael have actually have shared more scenes this year then they have for the past year or two. I can name a couple off the top of my head.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Sorry for quoting this twice - what's more frustrating is that Dante and Lulu probably ARE going to be jealous.

I can't believe it's round four of this story:

Molly/TJ/Rafe/Taylor

Emma/Cameron/Spencer/Joss

Maxie/Spinelli/Nathan/Ellie

and now

Lulu/Dante/Dillon/Valerie (although it doesn't seem that Dil and Val are actively scheming at the moment)

• Love 4

Totally agree. There should have been a Luke/Scotty scene. That was a huge missed opportunity.

Luke/Scotty, Luke/Alexis, Luke/Nikolas. These are all scenes that should have happened.

• Love 7

Wow, what an awful exit for an iconic character. TG must be laughing that there was no Laura/Luke goodbye. Lulu/Luke scene did nothing. I felt no emotion with this version of Lulu. His best goodbyes was with Lucky and Tracy. And that had more to do with the actors and the history than the god awful writing. Of course Sonny was there. Everything has to come back to Sonny.

Dumb Morgan thought Dillon was hitting on him was quite hilarious.

• Love 1

So, Sonny and Luke get to share their man-love and talk about how awesome they were 20 years ago. 

Yup, you were awesome 20 years ago, TG coasted on that for the past few years until retirement, how long will MB coast?

• Love 2

Well, I saw today's episode. Buh bye, Luke.  You shared a tender moment with Sonny (blech) and Lulu - neither of which did anything for me. Sonny, I don't give a shit about (and talk about lazy acting - Sonny looked as though he didn't care) and Lulu - Emme always come off as cold to me, so there was absolutely no emotional investment.

But wait! Laura got an envelope with 'Angel' written on it. I'm hoping (but not holding out any actual hope) that it tells Laura that Luke has always loved her and will always love her. Bonus point if Geary actually does the voice-over: more likely, though, it will be Laura's voice.

To end on a good note - nice song at the end, as Luke walked off into the blinking night.

LOL Maxie the personal shopper extraordinaire (in her own mind) telling Donna Mills that her look was "dated". Even Donna looked amused. Maxie's ego is writing checks that her taste can't cash. Her dress looked like it was hosting gigantic rabid paramecium, running wild. Her head is a two-toned mess of overprocessed white spikes with black roots. Raggety Ann dolls have better mascara jobs.

Maxie, take a seat and chill with a little humility.

I think Luke got the shitty, diminished ending that TG earned for the character but the fans deserved better

Oh I think TG was fine with this ending.  Cool kids talk with Sonny, then disappearing into the mist where brothels and booze await.

• Love 4

What a lame send off. "Here, talk to this jerk for an hour and then get on a boat." I don't even hate Sonny, but that was some bullshit.

There was actually a flashback to a scene from earlier in the show! Why did I not bet money on this before the writer got fired?

Please please let Lulu change out of that horrible dress.

• Love 5

I didn't watch the episode yet and I am glad I don't have to now.

Honestly, this whole episode must have been one of the reason why TG was throwing shade left and right in his recent interview. Couldn't they have dedicated this last episode to the Spencer family with loads of flashbacks? 

• Love 2

I hate when I watch a show and it's so boring I don't remember what happened.

Really show? Out of all the people Luke could have had his last scene with it has to be Sonny? I mean sure, I really don't care that TG is now officially gone, but come on, Sonny?

Friday should have been the end of the Farewell Tour, at least it would have made sense if Luke's last scene was with Bobbie instead of the whole passing the torch thing.

Stupid.

And why is everyone making excuses for Valerie? Laura? That's your daughter that was cheated on and you're telling your son-in-law shit happens and Lulu will get over it?

I've been pretty much tolerating Dillon by pretending it's Original Recipe Dillon but even that doesn't work when he's asking Valerie for a date. I know it's All About Lulu and he really isn't into Valerie (yet) but even a fake date pisses me off.

Although who knows what will happen with Ron gone.

I wish this show was better, I can't even muster up enough interest to be angry.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who said "Luke, go to the light" when it flashed on? OK then.

Truthfully, I was thinking the same thing. Think Tony was also. H looked to the right and smiled. Another thing to hate him for. He didn't take Sonny with him..
  • Love 4

And why is everyone making excuses for Valerie? Laura? That's your daughter that was cheated on and you're telling your son-in-law shit happens and Lulu will get over it?

I've been pretty much tolerating Dillon by pretending it's Original Recipe Dillon but even that doesn't work when he's asking Valerie for a date. I know it's All About Lulu and he really isn't into Valerie (yet) but even a fake date pisses me off.

Although who knows what will happen with Ron gone.

I don't think Laura was making excuses for Valerie. I think Laura feels bad for not telling Dante; I will call shenenigans though if she runs into Valerie and isn't a bit frosty.

Bobbie was a bit weirder but I can see how she was like who am I to judge, since Valerie seemed like she regretted it.

• Love 3

Sadly, though, Laura downplaying shit done to her kids is not new. She was all "there, there, poor lamb!" when she found out Liz got knocked up by Jason, thereby cheating on Laura's own son, and was passing the baby off as Lucky's.

So it would not shock me if Valerie takes some skating lessons as Liz has.

• Love 6

Fabulous posts!

You articulated all the *other* reasons I thought today sucked ass.

I could not believe that there were no flashbacks to Luke and Laura, Lucky, Lulu (especially when she was a baby) through the years. I mean, what the hell?

This was *such* a piece of shit.

• Love 7