Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I hope NotDead!Jake kills them all in their sleep.  I wonder how long until Liez goes back to ignoring him. "My boyz! Whatever the heck their names are."

No one needs proof that it's actually Jake?  Jake doesn't need serious therapy after being essentially imprisoned for five years, then taken away from the only life he's known?  Blah, blah, blah, here's a motorcycle to play with, kid.

• Love 7

I've been trying to articulate my thoughts on this episode, but all I can come up with is: HOW MANY FUCKING CHARACTERS ARE GOING TO BE THROW UNDER THE FUCKING BUS FOR FUCKING JASON?!? The show was so much better, and did much better in the ratings, when that asshole was fish food. It's been one long, miserable slide to hell ever since Victor told Robin that the holy hitman was alive.

I'm trying to make it to Lewq's last episode, but after Lucky was thrown under the bus to prop that bloated Borg douche, I honestly can't take it anymore. Fuck off, Ron!

Lucky really was thrown under the bus completely. Leaves his family (again) just because of Liason? Is fine with another man taking care of his kids because Liz wants to be with Jason? Was devastated when he lost Jake but then miraculously got him back but is fine with Sam, Danny, the Q's believing Jason is dead?

And I'm supposed to believe this storyline is "touching" and "emotional"?

• Love 15
(edited)

I think a better reason for Lucky to decide to just take off is to hunt down every single person that had anything to do with Jake's kidnapping

I honestly thought this would be the reason Lucky left Port Charles indefinitely...to investigate what had been going on for the last FOUR years on Cassadine Island and to go after Helena and everyone who had been around Jake from the night he was taken from the hospital 'til the day Triple L arrived and found him. How dare I think a good, sound reason would be used in this plot!

There's no way the son of Luke and Laura would just let it go that Helena and Co. messed with not only him, but Elizabeth and their relationships with two of 3 kids. (I say it that way because Aiden was not physically harmed by the paternity test shenanigans, but Lucky and Aiden did not start a father-son bond when he was born.) 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9

I agree about this ridiculous Jakeson cover up. I am getting tired of character assassinations constantly over this lie- first, Nik is in on it and plans a hit on Hayden because she was going to expose the truth, then Liz is being all creepy about keeping Jason from his family, and now Lucky is keeping quiet because he's suddenly a Liason fan? I know it's because of the "darkness", but they could have found a better way for JJ to leave. I can't believe they are dragging this storyline until November sweeps.

Changing the sheets now, are we Dante? What a tool- just like daddy.

• Love 5

I'm finally caught up on the past week of shows. It's really too much to take in and comment on all at once, I need to let it digest a while. I also need to get caught up in this thread.

For now, I'll just say that I really enjoyed JJ being back and liked his scenes with everyone. I wish he would/could stay, but he's way too good for this show. So are a lot of other people, but they don't have primetime gigs.

I will also say that I reluctantly was moved by Liz seeing Jake. That was some great stuff, and while the past week had some really crap writing and execution, the acting saved a lot of it for me. Doesn't mean I don't wish that Little Jake came back like Gage in Pet Sematary.

• Love 5

I kinda can't wait for the creepy stare off between Danny and Zombie.

Jake's dead eyes are scary, but Danny can kill with his.

Wasn't there a big plot point some time back with how Danny calls Patrick, "Daddy"?

He called Patrick "Daddy" once, early in the Patrick/Sam relationship, and Sam quickly corrected him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Changing the sheets now, are we Dante? What a tool- just like daddy.

You think Sonny knows sheets can be changed, let alone changes them himself? ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

I was just joking around with my earlier suggestions.

I don't want anything that I would find remotely interesting written by Ron. That fool managed to fuck up the 2 stories I looked forward to for my fave in the past decade (Sam finally having a baby and her finding out who her father was).

What I want is for him and Frank to be fired but they don't believe in giving me nice things.

But I seriously want Sam to kill Nic.

• Love 3

It's a start that he used his own bed (that he shares with his wife) instead of Sonny who used a crypt and his son's couch. Sheets are not good enough for Sonny!

• Love 4

I was just joking around with my earlier suggestions.

I don't want anything that I would find remotely interesting written by Ron. That fool managed to fuck up the 2 stories I looked forward to for my fave in the past decade (Sam finally having a baby and her finding out who her father was).

What I want is for him and Frank to be fired but they don't believe in giving me nice things.

But I seriously want Sam to kill Nic.

Be careful what you wish for. I dreamed of the day that JFP and Guza would be fired, only to get FranknRon at their very worst. 

• Love 1

Lulu notices the sheets are changed, puts two and two together and comes up with purple.  "I'm sorry, what was the question?"

Does a legendary Spencer child have to be so freakin' stupid?  When will she discover Dante cheated, when Dante and Valerie's lovechild graduates from college?

• Love 4

Lulu notices the sheets are changed, puts two and two together and comes up with purple. "I'm sorry, what was the question?"

Does a legendary Spencer child have to be so freakin' stupid? When will she discover Dante cheated, when Dante and Valerie's lovechild graduates from college?

That will probably be 6 months from now, so not *that* long.

• Love 5

Jake's dead eyes are scary, but Danny can kill with his.

Truth.

More truth.

• Love 2

It looks like MB has been working out. His pecs were tip top shape today. He's looking great for his age whatever that is. I mean he started in daytime in the 80's. Pretty impressive. That's my nice comment for the day. Discuss. LOL!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Speaking of Monica, the very, very, VERY least Liz can do at this point is bring little Jake by the Q's.

Yeah, I'm picturing Liz taking Jake to Kelly's or something without telling anyone he's alive, and other people just walking in, seeing him, and being like, "Oh, so you're still alive. Okay then." 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm picturing Liz taking Jake to Kelly's or something without telling anyone he's alive, and other people just walking in, seeing him, and being like, "Oh, so you're still alive. Okay then."

I'm not looking forward to every character not acting like it's the craziest shit ever.

• Love 1

If Sonny didn't know where his towels were kept, I doubt that he knows where his sheets are.

• Love 5
(edited)

I liked Danny.

He is no worse than those walking brain trusts they call Morgan and KiKi.

Are these my final three choices?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I actually keep forgetting Monica is related to children of the corn Jake. For an older child actor he doesn't have very much charisma. Granted, I can't act at all and I'm 50 but he's kind of meh compared to other soap kids his age. He's only been on for a week so he might get better. He is miles ahead of scary Joss from last year. That girl was beyond scared to act. I blame her parents & FV for that though.

I loved pretty much everything these past three episodes, and I really didn't expect to. Are some explanations lacking, extremely so? Absolutely. There should have been a lot more to Helena stealing Jake. There should be more to Lucky leaving again than struggling with his little seen dark side. But I find I don't care about that much at all in light of how good the acting has been and how much weight I feel like these interactions have been given. The actors are all at the top of their game as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I'm still on record for accepting a Lucky recast if need be, but I've got to say, I just love Jonathan Jackson's acting. His Lucky is so different from his Avery on Nashville, and I didn't expect to feel that way at all about this little stint on GH. But I did. He inhabits the characters quite differently, and his connection with all his core coworkers onscreen is fantastic. The show felt more like GH to me these last few days than it has in a decade. I loved Jakeson talking with Monica, too, and his investigations with Sam and his meeting and connecting with Jake. I'm invested.

Like I said, not thrilled about Lucky's supposed dark side, but there have been a few times in the show's past where I could say he crossed a line, and because he's such an inherently good character, like Dante, when he crosses the line he feels it keenly and I can see him being so afraid of that that he's immobilized. The character's not sticking around, so if we have to have some reason to explain his absence, it could be a whole lot worse.

Dante and Lulu, man. I'm so disappointed that Dante hasn't come clean. He's going to deserve everything he reaps from that. And I'm enjoying Valerie realizing that she was suppressing her attraction to Dante and she can't anymore. I think she's going to convince herself that she'd be best for him and do stupid, stupid things to try and show him that. It's not going to end well for anyone, but it'll be soapy.

Still like nuDillon. On board with nuHornsby.

I'm really surprised by how many fan complaints are at least being acknowledged on the show, even if I'm not sure they'll be addressed: Monica mentioning the emptiness of the Quartermaine household, Lucky explaining what level of interaction he has with his kids, Luke acknowledging that he was at his best as family man Spencer rather than his worst--there have been a few more that I can't remember now. Maybe I can count Tracy refusing to take Luke back even after learning the truth? She stood up for herself. I cheered.

Do we really have to go back to Franco/Nina/etc again after all this? I'd almost forgotten Ric slept with Donna Mills.

• Love 8

I think that TPTB have redeemed Lucky a little bit. At least they have him skyping his sons and gave him a stupid reason for thinking that his boys would be better off without him. It is a lot better than having us think that he really is a deadbeat dad who doesn't give a damm about his kids. However, the Lucky that I used to love wouldn't throw in the towel based on what Nik told him.

I am fan wonking that Lucky is off trying to find out whatever or whoever helped Hells keep little Jake from his parents and that he finds Robin and we can have our Rocky off screen.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not looking forward to every character not acting like it's the craziest shit ever.

Yeah, like Jakeson walking in to Liz's, seeing a kid he's only seen 5 (4!) year old pictures of and saying, "Is that your dead kid?" When would that ever happen??

I am fan wonking that Lucky is off trying to find out whatever or whoever helped Hells keep little Jake from his parents

That would make more sense than "Darkness!" it would be nice if he also tried to find the parents of the decoy kid, just to give them some closure. (of course, then someone might have to explain why Sam & Danny don't deserve closure, but hey-- one cavernous plot hole at a time, folks.)

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 4

So, how long until Valerie gets light headed or a upset stomach? Not only will we have Olivia hiding her baby secret when she returns but Dante also. Those wacky Falconaries!

• Love 2

We can throw Britt in for you, too, if you'd like. 

So, how long until Valerie gets light headed or a upset stomach?

Someone, please assure me there's a good sturdy set of stairs in the PCPD. 

• Love 5

Everyone is telling Jake how great Jason was, but has anyone told him that Jason was a hitman? I'd really like for the memories to come back and Jason/Jake be totally disgusted with the things he did, and beyond horrified that so many people were okay with those choices. 

• Love 8

I don't understand what Lucky's "darkness" has to do with him keeping Jason in the dark. He doesn't think he's capable of being a good father right now? Fine. He could've told Jason the truth on his way out of town. I can't believe he's doing this to Jason's friends and family after what he JUST went through with Dead Now Alive Jake. Leaving his kids in the care of crazy Liez and an amnesiac is an extremely poor parenting decision.  

• Love 5

Yeah, like Jakeson walking in to Liz's, seeing a kid he's only seen 5 (4!) year old pictures of and saying, "Is that your dead kid?" When would that ever happen??

That would make more sense than "Darkness!" it would be nice if he also tried to find the parents of the decoy kid, just to give them some closure. (of course, then someone might have to explain why Sam & Danny don't deserve closure, but hey-- one cavernous plot hole at a time, folks.)

My favorite t-shirt slogan in quite a while!

• Love 2

So, how long until Valerie gets light headed or a upset stomach? Not only will we have Olivia hiding her baby secret when she returns but Dante also. Those wacky Falconaries!

I'm hoping we get a Pepto Bismol product placement scene when Val starts showing signs of being knocked up. What is this that I'm feeling? Nausea? Heartburn? Indigestion? Upset Stomach? Diarrhea? NO!!!! I'm pregnant!!! Oh no!!! *insert womp womp sound*

• Love 2

Everyone is telling Jake how great Jason was, but has anyone told him that Jason was a hitman? I'd really like for the memories to come back and Jason/Jake be totally disgusted with the things he did, and beyond horrified that so many people were okay with those choices. 

That's really the only acceptable return of his memories story for me.  How boring and pointless if he just goes right back to being the Holy Hitman.  I want him to look at everyone who enabled and supported his homicidal self in disgust and horror - Carly and Sonny should get the bulk of it, but he should be disgusted with Sam and some others, too.  I also want him to apologize to Monica in a big way (and a monologue in the crypt to Alan and AJ wouldn't hurt, either) for treating his family like crap and looking down his nose at them while he was out killing people in the employ of the fucking moobster.  And then I want him to bring both Danny and Jake over for extended visits with Grandma, sitting with her and the boys while she tells them about Alan, AJ, Emily, Edward, and Lila.  Michael and Tracy can join in, too.  

Seriously, I'm going to be SO pissed if he just goes right back to exactly who he was before he took that beautiful roll off the docks and out of our lives.  What would be the point? 

• Love 12

Lucky finding out that Liz knows Jakeson is Jason and deciding let it be and leave town is bullshit.  The real Lucky would have busted Liz and Nick and saw to it Jason Quatermaine were reunited with Sam, his sons and family.  He would have Liz committed and take her boys far away from her crazy pathetic ass.

And THAT would have been fun to watch.  Is it so wrong to ask for a little fun?

• Love 1

That's really the only acceptable return of his memories story for me.  How boring and pointless if he just goes right back to being the Holy Hitman.  I want him to look at everyone who enabled and supported his homicidal self in disgust and horror - Carly and Sonny should get the bulk of it, but he should be disgusted with Sam and some others, too.

As long as there are lots of scenes of random citizens of Port Charles shaming him as well for having been a hitman, I'm good with it.

• Love 3

As long as there are lots of scenes of random citizens of Port Charles shaming him as well for having been a hitman, I'm good with it.

Other than Tracy, I feel like they would all have to be people who we've never seen on screen before.  (Is that what you mean?)  Because Tracy is the only one in town that we've never seen drink the Holy Hitman Kool Aid. 

If Jakeson is alive, we have to Do Math Again for ELQ Stocks, but Nik will end up with non-voting minority votes, so there's that.

But with Jake alive, doesn't that fuck things enough to Do Math Again for ELQ Stocks as well? I've lost track who knows Jake is Jakeson's and who thinks Jake is Lucky's.

Ron, the Pee Stick for Valarie is on Line Two waiting for its cameo.

• Love 3

KerleyQ beat me to it. But I'll throw in Kelly T. and Bryan (just the actors, not their characters).

Jake knows Jason was a hit man, he and Michael discussed it the other day at the Qs.

If Jakeson is alive, we have to Do Math Again for ELQ Stocks, but Nik will end up with non-voting minority votes, so there's that.

But with Jake alive, doesn't that fuck things enough to Do Math Again for ELQ Stocks as well? I've lost track who knows Jake is Jakeson's and who thinks Jake is Lucky's.

Ron, the Pee Stick for Valarie is on Line Two waiting for its cameo.

I believe everyone pretty much knows Jake was Jason's kid, apparently an announcement was placed in the newspaper after Jake died. It doesn't matter, Liz will throw Jake's shares Nik's way so she can keep Jason away from the Qs, especially Michael.

• Love 1
(edited)

Other than Tracy, I feel like they would all have to be people who we've never seen on screen before.  (Is that what you mean?)  Because Tracy is the only one in town that we've never seen drink the Holy Hitman Kool Aid. 

Yup, random people. 

I'm impressed Dante hasn't blamed Valerie or Lulu for him cheating.

The bar is that low.

I've seen some people say (elsewhere) "I hate that Dante is protecting Valerie" and it's driving me nuts. Isn't it bad enough what he's doing now? How much of a scumbag would he blamed mean old Valerie for seducing him? I'm no fan of Valerie but she never physically forced him to take off his pants.

Like I said, not thrilled about Lucky's supposed dark side, but there have been a few times in the show's past where I could say he crossed a line, and because he's such an inherently good character, like Dante, when he crosses the line he feels it keenly and I can see him being so afraid of that that he's immobilized. The character's not sticking around, so if we have to have some reason to explain his absence, it could be a whole lot worse.

The problem for me is less is his dark side and more that it's hard for me to take seriously the idea of JJ/Lucky having one at all. I love him and I watched the scenes between him and Nikolas more than once because I love them together, but he needs to grow a full beard first before he starts talking about this daaark side.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

When I heard Lucky talking about "the darkness," I thought about a number of mental illnesses that don't manifest themselves until people reach adulthood. In the hands of a skilled writer (I know, I know) there would have been a real opportunity to educate and inform the audience while Lucky looked into why he had the dark feelings. But on the other hand, since Luke had a totally different personality but didn't have DID, I guess we dodged a bullet. In GH world, I guess Lucky's darkness has the side effect of depriving him of his critical thinking ability.

• Love 1

You know, the sad thing about all of this is that we can come up with reasonable motivations for people to be doing the completely out of character things that they are doing. Well, except Nik, I can't come up with anything that has him taking out hits on his blackmailer, but for the rest:

Liz options:

a) Doesn't know that Jakeson is Jason, she just feels a connection

b) Has told Jakeson all about Jason's mob ties and he is shocked and horrified that so many people seem to adore such an awful person. Go so far as to say, I'm sorry, because you loved him, but everyone has to be better off with him dead. She's afraid that telling hum who he is will provoke a backlash like the Jason Q becomes Jason Morgan days. Come on, you have the history of Jason freaking out when everyone wants him to be someone he doesn't remember, USE IT.

c) Nik knew little Jake was alive and that his grandmother had him, tells Liz that Helena will kill Jake if anyone finds out that Jakeson is Jason (and that he can't do anything to fix it.) Once she gets Jake back, she's fallen in love with this new person that Jakeson is, regardless of him ever being Jason and doesn't want to lose him. (This is awful, but at least it might make sense.)

d) Patrick has told Liz that Jakeson is is unstable and that forcing memories could cause his mind to explode.

Lucky:

a) Never finds out about Jakeson being Jason. Leaves because 1) He's found another love interest and has to get back to her, 2) He's adventuring - he's heard Robin is in trouble and wants to help her, he wants to know what really happened with Jake and take down the people responsible, he's working for the WSB and has an assignment, 3) He sees Liz happy with her new man, doesn't want to interfere and doesn't think that there is anything for him PC

b) Nik explains his real reason for all for all of this (Emily is in freezer container and Helena will pull the plug, whatever) and Lucky can't bring himself to either blow up what Nik is doing or be a part of it and leaves (Presumably, they don't know why Nik is doing this, so they'd have to pull the "offscreen" explanation.)

c) See D above

Wait! I figured it out as I was trying to come up with motivations for Michael and Dante. All of the plot anvils are actual anvils and everyone in PC actually has partial amnesia from them dropping on their heads.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe I can count Tracy refusing to take Luke back even after learning the truth? She stood up for herself. I cheered.

I've been calling it that she'd tell him to take a hike. I'm relieved that she's being strong and standing her ground. It's too little, too late, since it's only happening because TG is leaving, but I'll take what I can get.

I want Paul's reasoning for being in town, to be because he's doing a favor for Sean Donnelly (they did know each other before Paul ever came to town the first time) and feeding info on someone or something back to the WSB. About Sloane, maybe? And Paul's cover can be that he's working for Nik or whatever, but I want this. It can be a great reason to pull Sean and Robert back in, even if only temporarily. Paul has history with all of them, and Anna. Sloane is actually allies with Cesar Faison(who Paul also knows), and has been for a while. It could even be a great sweeps story if Sloane and Faison are plotting something that most of the town will be affected by. Sean can bring his daughter with him, and she can eventually hook up with Dillon.

Whatever Sloane and Cesar are plotting is deadly, and the following people bite the dust: Franco, Ava, Silas, Ric, Madeline, Doctor O, Rosalie, and maybe Kiki or Sabrina.  I like most of those actors and some of those characters, but with all these zombies around town, and the already bloated cast, somebody's gotta take one for the team.

I do realize Paul's really probably in town for ELQ, and that can be fun, too, but I'd rather have it the other way. Perhaps everyone will think he's here just for ELQ/working for Nik, when in reality he took the job because he knew Sloane was Nik's flunky and he wanted to keep an eye on him.

It's not a coincidence that Paul came to town right after Anna left, since she had to meet him to pass along a message from Sean.

Anyway, I can dream. Does anyone even know who is running the WSB since Victor died?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
(edited)

Anyway, I can dream. Does anyone even know who is running the WSB since Victor died?

IIRC, there was a throwaway line about Frisco being in charge.

ETA: What TeeVee329 said.

Edited by rur