Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It appeared that Alexis was plying Sam with alcohol to calm her down and cope with Nina's shockwaves. But was that wise? I don't remember if Alexis drove Sam home, but I hope so. Besides the danger of driving drunk, an inebriated Sam might turn up at Silas's door, causing a scene that crazy Nina would probably relish.

I don't know.  Drunk!Sam was pretty awesome in the past.  Maybe she'd go on another truth-telling tour.

• Love 5

Since Dante forgave Sonny for shooting him point blank in the chest, I can see why Sonny expects all his children to forgive him for every crappy thing that he does to them. It is all Dante's fault.

• Love 3
(edited)

I love how Sonny always puts his feelings first. He isn't finished with Morgan, so it's inexplicable why Morgan might be finished with him. He's an emotional infant, but it can be very entertaining to me.

Maybe she'd go on another truth-telling tour.

And use drunk air quotes. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

MWOP is genius. Major kudos, tveyeonyou, for that! And he was, indeed, MWOP again today. Keep it up, my baby! The phone line was so great. BC is killing this.

Isn't he though! I really adore him. My Snarky Morgan. Please don't ever change. Hate Sonny forever. And he's still not over Ava, no matter what he spouts. Him replaying the conversation in his head, poor thing.

Drunk!Sam was pretty awesome in the past.  Maybe she'd go on another truth-telling tour.

I missed Drunk!Sam the first time around, and all I keep hearing makes me wish she came back. Drunk!Sam sounds like so much fun. Sam did look great though, getting her drink on with her mom. Her hair is fantastic.

I love how Nina is all "the world has changed so much." I thought for sure she'd mention 9/11, maybe having a black President. But no, what does she focus on? That The Chili Peppers played the Superbowl. Because she and Silas went to see them on their first date or something like that. And if Silas listens to jazz for hours, what the hell was he doing at a RHCP concert? But I think I'm in the minority, I'm actually enjoying Nina with a side of cray cray. Makes me think of Dr. Lisa Niles, who I despised but could still watch. I'm sure I'll end up hating Nina, but for now I really like that she's so delusional. Calling Silas attractive for example.

No sadness or sympathy for Baby Blanket. Kudos to whoever came up with that one. Honestly, I really didn't feel a thing. I did enjoy seeing Lizzie with Patrick. She should have been with him all along. When Patrick comforts Sabrina, he almost looks like her dad.

I thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of the Ava/Carly scenes. From the granny reference, to calling her out on jealousy of Sonny, to the "feral" description, to the limerick/haiku, I just loved it. I love that she has zero fucks to give about Carly. I love that she wanted to kill Franco because he pissed her off. God, me too sweetie.

And let's see, Carly calling Ava a whore, when she slept with her own stepfather and is now currently fucking a serial killer who facilitated the rape of her favorite child. Yes, please keep talking.

What made the scenes just as good though, was knowing that Maura and Laura were loving getting to work together. They adore each other. Even though I loathe the Slagbeast, I like LW a lot. She's a cool chick, save for her liking SBu.

• Love 8

Does anyone else remember a casting call a few months back for an Hispanic female in her 20s or 30s?  I remember it because there was some spec that it was a TC recast or potentially a TC family member.  Nurse Rosalie Martinez pinged my radar today.  I wonder what her deal is.  I guess there's no point in hoping that whatever it is, it's not stupid.

(edited)

It seems to me that the person who is responsible for telling Nina that Silas has moved on is Silas.

Exactly. It's not Sam's place to tell Nina what Silas has been up to since she went into the coma. However Sam accounting for her connection to Silas by handwaving it as beginning and ending with him being Danny's doctor wasn't helpful either. Nina is going to find out (and she totes has no idea) from someone else running their mouth that Silas was dating Sam, if Silas doesn't tell her himself. He needs to drop this on her  soon, no matter whether he wants to reconcile, separate or just be ambiguous about it while pursing his lips and rolling his eyes every time one of the wimmins speak.

I'm just waiting for high-as-a-kite Rafe to come bumbling into Silas' place asking for sandwich money and have a massive freak-out when Nina rolls up on him and introduces herself.

Edited by yuggapukka
(edited)

Is it REMOTELY possible that Detective Plywood is actually Nina's SON instead of brother?

Funny how this theory ran for months until RC decided to say that Plywood was the spawn of Dr. O and ?  My personal answer is that I don't know.  Nina brought it up that the last time she saw Plywood was when he was 5 years old.  Assuming that she went into a coma immediately after, Plywood should be about 25 years old now.  I suppose a bit of contrived wiggle room could make it possible, though it would open up all sorts of new questions.  If Plywood isn't Dr. O's son then where is the real son of Dr. O?  Does Nina know that Plywood is her kid or was she somehow duped by Mama Mad into thinking that Plywood was her brother?  What did Mama Mad do with Dr. O's real son if Plywood isn't him? 

Edited by Syndicate

Yo, who changed to format of TWOP?! I'm having trouble getting used to this.

Am I here? Is this me?

I see nearly all the peeps I love and adore, so I must be in the right place.

• Love 12

Y&R was my first soap back in the 70s, and my sister watches it still, so I have been subjected to some Staff whilst visiting her over the years. Based on that and the past two days, I can pretty much guarantee she is FF for me.

Ava making semi-veiled threats to Carly was hilarious, as was Morgan going off on Sonny again.

• Love 1

Mean girl moment: The idea that MS could be the biological daughter of Donna Mills is by far the least believable aspect of this entire storyline.  And it has many.

Maybe if DM became a Mom at 5 years old. ; )

• Love 1

I completely disagree. Not that Ron is making mistakes. Oh, boy, is he making mistakes. I disagree that the new characters are brought on with no ties to vets. Sabrina was immediately infatuated with Patrick, a vet. Lauren was immediately connected to Morgan, a (semi-)vet. Franco is connected to Jason, the vettiest vet who ever vetted (in terms of who the show thinks is important). Did that make them more interesting? Not to me. In fact, I resented them being shoved into stories with people without earning their place.

Nina's problem isn't that she isn't connected to a vet, it's that she's a nobody no matter what. You can't expect an audience to care about somebody they've never heard of. Connecting her to a vet wouldn't change that. She'd still be someone who appeared after twenty years in a coma.

Also, what Sake614 wrote. We have to care about a character. Connections don't do that. Good writing does.

I don't think that connecting characters to vets is an automatic way to make them work, but I think introducing them solely through new characters is also a mistake. 

In the case of the Westborne group, it's pretty obvious that we're supposed to love that all these people are interconnected, and isn't this cool and fun, and look, it's a brand new family to play with! To me, none of these characters, aside from Britt and Nathan a little (and his general woodenness makes that stunted), have any chemistry or connection. 

I think the show has tried to connect some characters to vets - Franco originally had many scenes with the Quartermaines, and of course Carly. Sabrina had a lot of scenes with Liz, and a visit from cousin Juan. Rafe had a lot of scenes with Sam. I think one of the problems is these characters were not slowly brought in, and instead we're supposed to love them just because.

I have a feeling we're supposed to be awed because now Michelle Stafford is on GH. Well, I don't dislike Michelle Stafford as an actress - I think she's OK, and can sometimes be an asset to a show when they use her properly (as Bill Bell did in her first stint at Y&R, where he really played up her flair for comedy and her sex appeal after realizing she wasn't just another psycho character) - but I don't see a need to love Nina just because she's played by Michelle Stafford. And most GH viewers have likely never heard of Michelle Stafford, so why should they care?

It's the same presumptuousness that made the show believe viewers would go wild at the sight of the OLTL 3 in new roles. 

Since Dante forgave Sonny for shooting him point blank in the chest, I can see why Sonny expects all his children to forgive him for every crappy thing that he does to them. It is all Dante's fault.

Something tells me Morgan will be angry at Sonny for less time than Dante was. Once he gets over his pouting, he always goes back to mommy and daddy.

• Love 2
(edited)

I enjoyed everything Morgan said to Sonny, but I was mortified that they would carry on this shouting match about intimate subjects in the front of the main doors to the hospital. Just shows that the Corinthii have no class...yes, even Morgan.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Sonny jumped on that plan to make Ava stay at his home really fast. Earlier during their argument, he put his face next to hers--practically nuzzling her--while whispering threats.

I'd say that Sonny is jonesing to visit that cantina again. And if Ava uses the belt trick on him, Sonny will be ready for lassoin' and brandin'. Yee haw!

• Love 1

Who is Lauren? Is that Kiki's real name? Does Kiki have a real name? It's not like she has a personality to go with it.

When is Morgan going to end up in Kevin's chair? Good grief, his parents are selfish slaggards and Ava's an untrustworthy disgrace.

This is an amazing idea. I would watch a 30 minute show that consisted of a different PC resident in therapy with Dr. Kevin Collins each week. His eye rolls would be epic. 

I must give credit where it's due--last Friday's Emmy reel of an episode actually felt like one for Tony Geary. Singing "My Way"? Hell no. That alcohol intervention? Hell no. But Luke versus EviLuke was fantastic. And yes, I'm pulling for EviLuke as his moniker. I know, I know, Fluke is the majority at present, but that just brings back way too many Felicia/Luke/Lila Memoirs memories, and I don't want to relive that. 

Still not over the WTFery of Nina's surprise appearance happening at Danny's birthday party. She has to be BSC. No one sane saves reuniting with their "beloved" husband for a month after recovering from a coma and does it by stalking him at a random kid's party. That was planned, planned, planned. Wonder what her angle is? Don't think it's just love for Silas.

Don't see the death of Gabriel as a BJ redux attempt at all. I thought it was well done except for actually having us listen to the heartbeat end. That was a step too far for me.

I enjoyed everything Morgan said to Sonny, but I was mortified that they would carry on this shouting match about intimate subjects in the front of the main doors to the hospital. Just shows that the Corinthii have no class...yes, even Morgan.

The only patient left in the hospital is Lucas so there is no need for both of the bipolar folks to keep their voices and hands down.  The Corinthii have not intrinsic value on this soap.  They all whine and are violent.  I wish that they would leave this soap.  Props to either the editor (yeah right) or  Sonny for not screwing up his lines yesterday.

My fav moment was one where I'm going to say it happened like this in my head. It seemed like MB forgot a line and BC was like "dude, da fuck?! Finish the scene! Rawr!" And just yelled. MB looked a tad startled and then gave a line. Probably not what happened, but BC is working around those ticks. Kinda like how RoHo has a history of mocking ticks in scenes. But kinda better.

• Love 5
And yes, I'm pulling for EviLuke as his moniker. I know, I know, Fluke is the majority at present, but that just brings back way too many Felicia/Luke/Lila Memoirs memories, and I don't want to relive that.

Puke is my favorite.  But then I wish Tony Geary would retire, taking Maurice Bernard, Laura Wright, Michelle Stafford, Kristin Alderson, Roger Howarth, Michael Easton, Sean Blakemore, Teresa Castillo, and Marc Anthony Samuel with him.  The show would improve without their characters, even if Ron C.'s shitty, shitty, uninspired, shitty writing stayed the same.

• Love 3
(edited)
Who is Lauren? Is that Kiki's real name?

Yes. "My friends call me Kiki" was one of KA's first lines. I can't stand her in this role, so I refuse to use the nickname. Plus, I find it an inane name for someone over the age of 10 and not being used ironically.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed everything Morgan said to Sonny, but I was mortified that they would carry on this shouting match about intimate subjects in the front of the main doors to the hospital. Just shows that the Corinthii have no class...yes, even Morgan.

This happens so much with all the characters. Kevin and Lucy were ranting about their marital problems in Kelly's for fuck's sake. Sometimes it's annoying, but I mostly just find it hilarious.

This is an amazing idea. I would watch a 30 minute show that consisted of a different PC resident in therapy with Dr. Kevin Collins each week. His eye rolls would be epic.

This should be a web series. And Sri Rao should write it.

My fav moment was one where I'm going to say it happened like this in my head. It seemed like MB forgot a line and BC was like "dude, da fuck?! Finish the scene! Rawr!" And just yelled. MB looked a tad startled and then gave a line. Probably not what happened, but BC is working around those ticks.

I noticed that, too. BC works so well with MB because he is always making Sonny/MB look terrible and it's hilarious. BC's best moment, IMO, is when he mocked both Sonny and MB with the "Maybe you're a bad businessman," line. He should get an Emmy for that alone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

The TV blurb describing todays episode says "Sonny takes charge over Ava. Morgan has cause to be confused."

We're right there with you Morgan, because none of this shit makes any sense to us either.

• Love 7

I think what's most annoying about Nina/MS's dewey, meak, wounded angel act is that we are going to be expected to be shocked, just SHOCKED when it turns out Nina is a calcuating bitch or a cuckoo lunatic and then Michaels Fairman and Logan will drone on and on and what a chameleon MS is and just...ugh.

• Love 5
(edited)
Has Ava seriously never heard about Claudia? Why doesn't she leave the country before she ends up buried in the woods.

I know. Sonny is the least of her worries. Olivia will probably end up killing her with poisoned manicotti.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Still not over the WTFery of Nina's surprise appearance happening at Danny's birthday party. She has to be BSC. No one sane saves reuniting with their "beloved" husband for a month after recovering from a coma and does it by stalking him at a random kid's party. That was planned, planned, planned. Wonder what her angle is? Don't think it's just love for Silas.

I know! She even said she didn't call because she didn't want to AMBUSH him. Then WTF was that?  I really hate how stupid everyone is going to have to be to make this work, I mean, it's not like they have been very smart but still.

I wonder how soon Ava will start messing with Sonny's meds now that she has complete access. You go, girlfriend.

• Love 2

Ava should swap out his bi-polar meds for estrogen like in that movie that came out a few weeks ago with Cameron Diaz.   Sonny will be D-cup in a few weeks time.  

• Love 2

Who is Lauren? Is that Kiki's real name? Does Kiki have a real name? It's not like she has a personality to go with it.

Kiki's full name is Lauren Katherine Jerome.

I wonder how soon Ava will start messing with Sonny's meds now that she has complete access.

I give Ava two weeks, give or take a few days.  & less than a month before we see Sonny do his "Superstar!" jazz-hands-to-the-sky.

Nina didn't call Silas because she didn't want to ambush him?   Uh....wasn't that what you did at the party??

I had never seen MS before and y'all warned me she was bad.  Two sentences out of her mouth and I was done already.  And the audacity to think "..mmmkkk...I'm going home now with my hubby...ta".  I want drunk Sam to go over to Silas' place and tell her  "Bitch...it's been 20 years and you show up at my son's birthday party?!  Silas and I are a couple.  Deal with it"

Go Morgan!  BC gets better all the time.

Loved Carly/Ava.  More please.

MW did look gorgeous in that blue and I want her earrings.

Baby Gabe dying was sad but can Sabrina go back to PR for a vacation/recovery?  And I want to see Carrrrlos' reaction to the news.

• Love 2

I haven't watched one minute of the Nina/Silas/Sam scenes.  I just don't care. 

The only thing I like a little bit on this show right now is Morgan because they are making him the truth teller and I'm enjoying that.

I wish I had a horse to root for in the Carly v. Ava war but I find them both reprehensible so if this thing ended with Ava/Sonny/Carly dying - that would be a good story to me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Gotta say, I'm team Ava too.  This is probably a result of my long standing Carly hate, because Ava is just as bad as Carly.  LOL

I don't think that connecting characters to vets is an automatic way to make them work,

I agree with this.  Some of this shows best characters weren't tied to vets or anyone when they first appeared.  Alan Quartermaine came on with no Q's onscreen.  They didn't all show up until a year later.  Robert Scorpio came on with no connections.  Lesley Webber, Bobbie Spencer, Sonny, Holly, all came on without any connections and over time they were each given bigger storylines.  All of them #1-were eased onto the canvas slowly and #2-when they were eventually given those bigger storylines, the audience had become used to seeing them and felt a familiarity. 

To dump a new character onto the screen, have the character suddenly appear every day, with less established characters does nothing to ingratiate the new character, it just makes viewers bitter that a new, unknown is taking airtime away from characters they are familiar and comfortable with. 

RC, like Guza before him, suffers from shiny new toy syndrome.  He wants to show off his shiny new toy to everyone, all the time, but he will eventually tire of that shiny new toy when an even shinier one catches his eye.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've been chuckling since yesterday, imagining a scene where a drunk Sam might turn up at Silas's apartment to see if Nincompoop Nina managed to overcome and enslave him. [Witch, please!]

I think that in Sam's shoes, I might consider activating the fire alarms in the building, or maybe just pounding on the door mysteriously to see who would answer. Sam might even have a key, and could pull off a complete surprise visit.

I have a strong feeling that Silas is in danger if he lets that woman live in his apartment. He has money, so why didn't he offer to put her up in a hotel room?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)

Good point P-bird.  Silas could put her up at the MetroCourt.  And if memory serves he has a very small apt.  Where's the nurse going to sleep?

Sorry....I just realized I was having a moment of logic there.

Pardon me....carry on.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 2

I have a strong feeling that Silas is in danger if he lets that woman live in his apartment.

Silas, you in danger, girl!  Seriously, part of me expects Nina to be carrying Silas over the threshold (tied up & gagged) within a month.

• Love 4
(edited)

My husband was unexpectedly home today when GH came on. He took one look at Nina and asked me, 'is she supposed to be crazy?' BWAH!

She's suppose to be 20 years younger, sort of like Jennifer Garner in "13 Going On 30". I'm waiting for further observations from Rip Van Nna on the outside world, like she didn't miss the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Final, or that they replaced the two Towers with one big Tower (and the conversation that follows).

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2

Uner Guza's regime, I was aware that we were supposed to truly believe that Jason only killed people who needed killing.  And everybody should just get off his back about it, okay?  But this Sonny/Ava/Carly thing is even worse.

I'd like to think that Morgan is speaking for the audience, that we're seeing a shift to Sonny and Carly being the Bad People, and start seeing events that will take them down.  But I lived through Olivia coming to town and ranting about that lowlife Sonny and we all know what became of that.  And I've seen the youtube clips of Alexis at the funeral calling them out.  And we know where that led.

Are we supposed to be rooting for Carly to get cold blooded murder on her hands because Ava had the audacity to sleep with her son  (while protecting the cold blooded murderer of her other son's father?)  It's not like Carly gave a crap about Connie, so this is about Morgan.   Are we supposed to be rooting for Sonny to get away with AJ's murder and eventually Ava's, while being stirred by the nobility of his protecting the unborn?  Are we supposed to salute Sonny's decision that he simply must murder Ava because if he doesn't, she will eventually spill the beans about AJ's murder, forcing Sonny to have to lie to Michael about having done it, and he can't abide any more lies?   It's not even that he doesn't want to get caught -- it's that he doesn't want to lie to Michael, so murder is easier? 

It could work if underlying it was the understanding that Sonny's wrong, and deluded, and a coward, and the truth will come out and will have greater consequences than a declaration of eternal hatred that's evaporated by the next family barbecue.  But I think we have to assume that that's not in the cards.

• Love 3

"Rip Van Nina"....ok NutmegsDad....you have some 'splainin' to do to the customer who was in my shop when I choked on my beverage.  She knows from nuttin' about GH and I told her just don't go there for your own sanity.  She used to watch The Guiding Light back in the day so she knows soaps.

Should I have barware ready for today's show?

"Rip Van Nina"....ok NutmegsDad....you have some 'splainin' to do to the customer who was in my shop when I choked on my beverage.  She knows from nuttin' about GH and I told her just don't go there for your own sanity.  She used to watch The Guiding Light back in the day so she knows soaps.

Should I have barware ready for today's show?

What are your feelings on Levi?  Solivia?  Keeks and Morgan?  Cranco?  

I'm already sick of the Ava pregnancy story.  It's as bad as the Kristina Reality TV show "Mob Princess" that went on and on until, mercifully, Ron got bored and killed it.

I don't understand why the only time Nina shows any backbone is around another woman. She can threaten Carly with no problem, but Sonny glares at her and she goes all wobbly-chinned. But then Olivia shows up, and boom! Ava tells her why she's there and what's going on. (Admittedly, that was awesome.) She should know by now that Sonny is all bark and no bite? 

LOL that Morgan is the one who told Lauren that Ava is pregnant. Also, I don't think he understands how conception works. He's slept with Ava a number of times. It didn't have to happen the day of Crypt!Sex.

I have more hate than is healthy for Nina and Levi.

• Love 2

Good point P-bird.  Silas could put her up at the MetroCourt.  And if memory serves he has a very small apt.  Where's the nurse going to sleep?

Sorry....I just realized I was having a moment of logic there.

Pardon me....carry on.

Cuz doesn't Silas have one of those magically expanding Port Charles apartments, with the kitchen and living room and dining room all squeezed into one tiny space we all get to see, but then has those endless hallways that expand and expand, eating alive more and more characters, like that house in Redrum?

And why is this show feeling more and more like a low-budget horror flick ever since SyPhyllis Von Jazz Hands slithered on screen?

• Love 1

It looked like Sonny really felt that having a harem is his due. I don't believe that he expected Olivia to live with him and Ava. Sonny needs to die in a very hot fire.

• Love 3

Ava should swap out his bi-polar meds for estrogen like in that movie that came out a few weeks ago with Cameron Diaz.   Sonny will be D-cup in a few weeks time.  

He's not already? 

• Love 4
(edited)

It's sad that poor Morgan had to have that conversation with stupid Kiki.  She's his ex-wife, his brother's girlfriend, and the daughter of the woman he's angsting over.  How can she be an unbiased advice giver?  He needs a friend stat.  I awwwed at him wanting to step up for Ava at the end, but surely Sonny will ruin that Monday to get back at Ava for running Olivia off.

Nina's disinterest in letting Nathan know she's alive is really adding to my already bubbling dislike of her.  And now I'm worried a jealous Levi is going to try and get Nathan in trouble because he knows he lied to a judge.

The schoompy-ness of the Carly/Franco crap was NAUSEATING.  Oh yeah, poor SERIAL KILLER, he's having just the worst year ever!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The schoompy-ness of the Carly/Franco crap was NAUSEATING.  Oh yeah, poor SERIAL KILLER, he's having just the worst year ever!

I usually don't have much of an opinion about Franco and Carly but I was so grossed out by them today. 

So how soon are Morgan/Kiki going to wait till the have sex? It seems inevitable that they are going down that route again. Unfortunately. 

Levi is not good looking. His hair is awful and his tight t-shirts he wears look ridiculous on him. 

Franco/Carly continue to be barf worthy. 

• Love 2