Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

40 minutes ago, laredhead said:

The Palm Springs couple was back last night for the 2nd time.  They explained that they had been on the show 5 years ago (doesn't seem that long ago), and I remember them.  Said the telecommuting didn't work out, but now they have sold their LA house and moved to Palm Springs permanently.  I love looking at those beautiful MCM and modern houses.  We don't have anything like that on a large scale where I live.  I liked the first 2 houses better than the one they chose, but the 3rd one was downtown where they wanted to be. 

I really liked these guys. They seem like so much fun. Palm Springs looks beautiful and HOT. I’m not a mid century lover but their house was pretty & had an awesome pool area. It looked like a hotel. I would eat lasagna at that house anytime. I wonder if I can swing an invite. I’m sure there’re on Facebook. LOL!!!

• Love 3

Loveland, CO.

My guide stated that it was a new episode. Anyway, the wife said something I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say before on this show. Or at least, not in years. Something like, "There's a lot of counter top space, and the  laminate  is in good shape."

Where'd they find her?

• Love 9

No time for posting for several months so might be behind on more than a few episodes.  Sorry about that - will try to stick to the high (or low, lol) points.

LA to Co Springs (the two women) - any mcm fans around?  The home they bought was built by a fairly famous local architect.  Remember the distinctive doors?  That was bamboo and one of his signatures. 

My main system's down today but if you'd like to check out a few more of his homes and review the listing photos for the HH home, shoot me a PM.  Promise to check it for at least a week or so and fwd the links.

BTW, that was one house that truly benefitted, I believe, from staging.  If they spend their $$$ wisely, doubt they'll do as much reno as they mentioned.  And, yes, HH left out some key points about the home.

Their idea to hold concerts at the house?  Uh, that sounded a little half-baked.  The home's in a regular neighborhood so it's not as secluded and private as HH made it appear during the episode.  Public concerts?  Noise regulations?  Liquor licenses ???  (Looks like they have the largest lot.)

I wasn't interested, particularly, in the women's story but one of the articles indicated the younger woman quit her job to make music when they got together.  Sounded as if she was driving the move.  Her gigs came up and most seemed to be Christian church services.  Payment?  Gee, there was one who spoke about the budget during the episode.  Hmmm ... whatever, lol. 

Good luck to them!

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:33 AM, ByaNose said:

I think Destin husband was hoodwinked by his Russian bride & mother. He looked creepy & she was this cute little blonde. That said, they've been together a long time. Maybe, they know what they're doing. As for, the house they chose I wasn't a fan. It didn't seem very updated for the money they paid but their big budget was even enough for that, too. Even the rich have problems finding the perfect house. LOL!!!

Fooled into the marriage?  Or the home?  (Sorry, ByaNose, didn't follow that)  WRT the marriage, they both appeared to have benefitted from their transaction.  She and her family left Russia and he had some beautiful children.

Someone posted that she was controlling the money ???  I didn't hear any evidence of that or get that impression.  He seemed like a guy who'd make you pry it out of him.  **Cheaping out his renos by using his in-laws.  (Whatever, lol.)  Bet she knows little, if anything, about his finances.

Their choice appeared to be the basic trade-off, I believe, between location and square footage.  (That's what buyers pay for, imho.)  She wanted a larger, family home so they sacrificed location for sq. footage but did have enough to afford the view.

Sure, they'll rent it out, if/when they're absent from FL.  But, at least they knew their priority was the family home and acted, accordingly.  Yes, they'll sacrifice rental income b/c of the location but they understood their primary objective.

Oops, stepping off soapbox ...

**ETA - not criticizing the in-laws' work, BTW.  He just sounded cheap with the way he kept saying, "Your Dad can do that, right?" at each and every home!  

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 2

Palm Springs: I didn't like the house they went with but walkability score is hugely important to me (it might be less so in a place that gets as hot as Palm Springs) but the kitchen/living area seemed small.

I think developers should be required to also have a completely stripped down model to show to perspective buyers. I have the imagination to know where I can place my furniture in a house that isn't staged, I do not have the imagination to strip a house of 250k of "upgrades," particularly when the cost for these upgrades always seem to be completely arbitrary.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Palm Springs: I didn't like the house they went with but walkability score is hugely important to me (it might be less so in a place that gets as hot as Palm Springs) but the kitchen/living area seemed small.

I think developers should be required to also have a completely stripped down model to show to perspective buyers. I have the imagination to know where I can place my furniture in a house that isn't staged, I do not have the imagination to strip a house of 250k of "upgrades," particularly when the cost for these upgrades always seem to be completely arbitrary.

I agree. There is nothing better then touring a model home and realizing you can’t afford it. No money is spared on  a model home but most people have to take away most of the upgrades. It seems to make sense to have a basic model to show but it never works that out that way.  

• Love 4

I live in a gated community near a bay in WA State.  There are a number of houses here with side or back loading garages.  I love them!  We have a front loader, with 2 separate doors, and it's just about even with the front door.  House is wide so it doesn't look too obnoxious, but if we ever build, no more front loaders.

Grammatically speaking, my pet peeve is when they are going "further" into an area.  It's FARTHER!

Lately I've been watching the first part of the show where they talk about their house desires and budget, then skip to the end.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Christine said:

Lately I've been watching the first part of the show where they talk about their house desires and budget, then skip to the end.  

I haven't watched the intro for years.  I also skip the condos and townhouses (they seem so similar), and the furnished places.  It's really hard to see the "bones" of a house when it's full of stuff.    And if I don't like the couple, I'll skip the reveal. 

• Love 3
On 10/3/2017 at 9:26 PM, chessiegal said:

I have a front loading 2 car garage that looks nothing like these pictures. I'll take a picture tomorrow when the light is right and take it to small talk. We bought our house based on location and inside features. If others are offended by the curb appeal, that's their problem, not ours.

I think both of these houses look good.   It's not like those old style garage doors.  Those look stylish to me.  

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, AuntiePam said:

I agree about curb appeal.  To me, it's important when you're selling -- to get someone interested enough to want to see what's inside.  But we don't live outside and look at our homes -- we're inside.  If the property is clean and well-maintained, that's what's important. 

That said, there are houses in my town painted a garish bright yellow and one that's purple, and I wonder what the owners were thinking. 

I believe cleaning and maintenance is (seriously) 90% of the battle.  Adding a few flourishes, e.g. flowers, freshly painted front door, new mailbox, can be done prior to listing.

I know many believe that online listing reviews minimize the need for great curb appeal.  Uh, in a busy day of walking thru multiple homes, buyers are often pressed for time.  If they drive up and something turns them off, they'll keep driving. 

Why give them a reason to cross you off the list?  Only one chance to make a good first impression ...

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Why did the Destin wife want "beachy" when they have that huge house right on the water in Nicaragua?   Did you see that house?  While located in a  poor country, that house wasn't cheap.  

I don't get the whole rental thing either. If renting is a primary factor, wouldn't you think they'd buy something right on the water?  If I'm going to vacation in an area known for beaches/waterfront, I'm sure not going to rent an inland place.  

You're correct about rental tendencies, Kloves.  Just me but I got the impression their main goal was to find a family home and any rental income was secondary.  So, they made the trade-off between location and square footage.

Anyone see the Shaver Lake (near Fresno, CA) episode?  Young family with cute baby (a HGTV requirement these days, lol) buying a vacation cabin.  Well, they went on and on about a place for their family but the guy was also had the "vacation house for free" mantra down.  (Uh, it's one or the other, guys, if you ask me.)  IIRC, he wanted to count a tiny room with a double over bunkbed and trundle as accommodating 5.  (Whatever - only at a big family Thanksgiving - maybe!)

So, they bought a very small place, added expensive kitchen, charged a very high price for the area and ...  crickets, it appears.  They've since lowered their prices** and taken out some of the restrictions.  For example, their original listing indicated "not suitable for pets" but featured their dog in many photos, lol.  They removed almost all the puppy shots and pets are negotiable (or something) now.

ETA:  their listing, when I first looked at it, also appeared to have key dates and times marked off.  If you want to operate a short-term rental property, a business, it must be available when guests demand to stay.  Otherwise, well - your own mortgage!  Just my experience ...

Anyway, the episode was first shown in early September but was one of the 11pm/10CT episodes.  Here's their significantly revised AirBnb listing, complete with upgraded countertops!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20667387

For about the same total number of guests but a much larger unit, here's my choice:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16982975

The clean but basic kitchen works fine for me.  Sure, it's slightly outside of town but still close and adjacent to tons of open space and trails.  Winner!

P.S. Everyone see their locked firepit?  For the insurance, doncha know!  Hey, if you want the big bucks, pay the insurance and trust guests to be responsible!  Speaking of trust - an $800 (refundable) deposit ???  Let's rent that one, lol!

**ETA - IIRC, a week or so after the episode aired, they asked $250/nt weekends and $200/nt Sun-Thurs.  Sounds very high for Fresno, although I'm not from that area.  At that time, they had 1 review, total.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, mojito said:

Loveland, CO.

My guide stated that it was a new episode. Anyway, the wife said something I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say before on this show. Or at least, not in years. Something like, "There's a lot of counter top space, and the  laminate  is in good shape."

Where'd they find her?

You probably noticed, mojito, that they've started showing a few add'l new HH/HHI episodes between 11 and 12 pm (10 - 11 CT), recently.  Previously, new episodes appeared between 10 and 11 ET/PT, period, w/o exception.

My dvr didn't pick up Loveland as new.  Tvguide.com (the best alternative source I've found) lists Loveland as a rerun, originally aired May 11, 2017.  Perhaps your unit erroneously began grabbing all the 11 pm showings ???  (It appears Loveland aired at 11pm - a rerun time, usually.)

Just posting on the off-chance anyone's interested in the new episode times and doesn't care to clutter up their dvr with endless HH/HHI showings, lol !!!

Edited by aguabella
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Pickles said:

Was the man's last name Thomas? I believe that was Ann 's last name, so then it could have been her dad.

Sorry I just saw your post about the Chicago episode with your question.  Reading back the thread b/c I've been away from it.  If you're still around, in response to your question ...

Even though addresses and such are often public record, I don't post the participants' personal info on the boards.  Sure, they've opened themselves up by appearing in a reality tv program but I know it would upset me (if I were them) and to me, it's a little too far.  If another poster cares to disclose the buyers' name, they're welcome to do that.  It's up to them - it just won't come from me.

Anyway, I remembered the Chicago episode's (as disclosed) last name information when I noticed the real-life buyer's name on the unit's public record.  Like I normally do prior to all postings, I verified the info on the episode, too.  For what it's worth ...

My reason for posting, sans the actual name, was merely to let everyone know that the "buyers" in these episodes might not be the actual home buyers.  Thus, it's another plausible explanation for the differences and disconnect between some of their ages / incomes and the expensive homes (supposedly) purchased.

It's reality television and this woman was assigned the role of single, strong, independent, young woman with her (supposedly) proud mother in tow!

I remember reading here about two men buying in Palm Springs that was on a few months ago, but I hadn't seen it.  It was on this afternoon and I agree with what I read -- they were fun.  The houses were great to look at, too.

My dvr didn't pick up Loveland as new.  Tvguide.com (the best alternative source I've found) lists Loveland as a rerun, originally aired May 11, 2017.  Perhaps your unit erroneously began grabbing all the 11 pm showings ???  (It appears Loveland aired at 11pm - a rerun time, usually.)

I use SlingTV. Can't get a handle on their programming. Sometimes it seems that I see a program a day before others. I think Sling is having a hard time selecting new episodes of HH but I think it's doing okay with HHI.  Thanks for the info. I had a feeling what I'd seen was not new.

Philadelphia gay flight attendants... as soon as we saw that one house was near the nightlife, we both predicted that would be the choice- and it was. Is there ever an episode with a gay couple where the don't pick location ahead of all else? It's always near the nightlife. 

• Love 2

Aguabella, with regard to the Fresno ski cabin, thanks for posting their listing along with the other one.  The second one would win my vote hands down.  I would be happy staying inside that cabin (house) or on the deck and never hitting a ski slope or a trail.  The first one, not so much.  it looks like just a place to sleep and shower.  No pretty views from inside and it looked crammed up against other cabins from what I remember about the episode.  I do remember thinking that the wife looked pretty great after having had a baby only about 4 weeks prior to the filming of this episode if I remember correctly.

As for my DVR recording HH episodes, I have Uverse and rely on TV Guide and the Uverse guide to pick up new episodes, but for some reason, even though the listings are showing an episode as "new", the DVR isn't recording it automatically.  I'm having to scroll through the channel guide and find the new shows and then setting the DVR for that show.  It's only doing this on the later showings of the new HH episodes.    

I watched one last night (maybe Island Hunters) involving an older couple looking for a place in one of the Hamptons...East Hampton?  They were one of the strangest househunting couples I have seen in quite awhile.  She ran a modeling agency in New York and he did something in pharmaceuticals.  I think.  They showed a scene at the beginning where he and their son were playing tennis and she was cheering them on.  It seemed like something from a bad Woody Allen film.  

She had really good bones...tall, great hair, wore clothes well.  He was none of those things...to say he seemed odd would be an understatement; her, too.  The good thing is that they didn't have unrealistic expectations regarding granite, open concept, etc.  They seemed to be "acting" the entire time.  Everything, every expression from her was dramatic.  He was also really stiff in front of the camera; he kept trying to make little jokes...cringeworthy in some ways but kind of endearing in others.

I don't know whether I couldn't stand them or that I had a soft spot for them trying to look good for the cameras.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 8:50 AM, Empress1 said:

The Chicago agent has been on the show before, both as a buyer and an agent. The couple grated on me. The woman said "vintage charm I was looking for" about 10 times. I'd have gone with the third one too. 

I thought it was just me. I’m going to add that to my list of overused HH tropes.

And why did the husband get enraged by the sight of a bathtub? I understand that he doesn’t want to step over the side of the tub every time he takes a shower, but it’s the only full bathroom the house. People with small children or pets usually need a bathtub. And some adults simply like to take baths. What’s with all of the anger?

On 10/7/2017 at 9:14 PM, biakbiak said:

Property developers are always, always trying to upsell. If people see the beautiful tiled walls or granite counter tops or hardwood floors in the model home, they’ll probably want them. Even if they can’t afford a completely tricked out house, chances are buyers will get at least some of the upgrades.  

• Love 3

I only caught the last half of the Temecula episode just now, but that couple seemed so nice and normal!  And nice to each other.  How refreshing, compared to a lot of the people on this show... 

When the show was over, I thought to myself, "That was strange. They were a really nice couple." And he was trying to give her a room to herself without his demanding a man cave for himself.  

Edited by mojito
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, mojito said:

When the show was over, I thought to myself, "That was strange. They were a really nice couple." And he was trying to give her a room to herself without his demanding a man cave for himself.  

Was that the Diva Den or something like that with a chandelier? They picked a nice house with no pool. They seemed happy enough.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Watching a new one, “Engaged in Debate in Chicago,” and nope, you can’t have vintage AND move in ready.

The facade of the first place they looked at was gorgeous. I loved the whole place. She was right that the charm had been renovated out of the third place but I knew they'd go for it.

• Love 3

So, the Pagent Queen from Florida is in pageants or helps young girls in pageants? She seems a little long in the tooth if she’s in them. Just saying. The husband seems like a nice guy though. I knew they were going to pick the new construction. They paid the asking price of $334,000. Yikes!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So, the Pagent Queen from Florida is in pageants or helps young girls in pageants? She seems a little long in the tooth if she’s in them. Just saying. The husband seems like a nice guy though. I knew they were going to pick the new construction. They paid the asking price of $334,000. Yikes!

Since she was showing off her crowns, I think she must participate in adult pay to play pageants, like Toddlers and Tiaras for grown ups.  Her constant need for attention was a bit much; she could've dialed it back about 10 notches and it still would've been too much.

i didn't like any of the houses they looked at, way too cookie-cutter. Then again, I wouldn't pick a house based on having a walk-in closer with a chandelier.  Her hubby seemed like a nice guy, unsurprisingly, he got none of the things he wanted.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The facade of the first place they looked at was gorgeous. I loved the whole place. She was right that the charm had been renovated out of the third place but I knew they'd go for it.

Looked like Mina from Good Bones had designed the renovation on the 3rd place. That dining table of theirs looked ridiculous in that front "space." And what a waste of a fireplace. She said she didn't like the dining area as you walk in (didn't she?) and then she tried to replicate it. I'd flip the living area w/the dining. If the front living area is small, they still have that huge basement. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Since she was showing off her crowns, I think she must participate in adult pay to play pageants, like Toddlers and Tiaras for grown ups.  

I was wondering about that, since she isn't very ... conventionally attractive (and the bad wig and garish makeup don't help). She said she met the realtor through the pageant circuit, and I can buy the realtor as a "legit" pageant girl because she looks and acts very polished, but the HH? No.

• Love 4

Coconut Grove, Florida

Suzanne Sugarbaker lives. And this woman was just as ridiculous. She has a bit of Peggy Hill in her, too, what with her big feet, which would come in handy to give her balance under the weight of her wig, crown, gown, and, well, her. Did you catch the size of that closet chandelier she was putting up? It looked like something you'd put in a child's doll house, it was so tiny. 

She was a lulu all right. 

• Love 5

Yeah, "Pageant Queen" was cracking me up because all I could think of was, "Pageants?  Who let her enter them, and where did she place?" However, I could believe that the real estate agent might have been in pageants some years ago.  That said, as quirky as Lulu was, I did like her and her husband together and they seemed like a nice couple.  I wasn't impressed with any of the houses though. 

• Love 2

I was predisposed not to like pageant lady, but she seemed very nice.  I thought she said she used to compete.   I suspect the pageant thing was producer driven - that seems right up their alley.  “You met doing pageants?  OMG!!!  Where are your crowns and sashes?  Dig them out and put them front and center!”  I would be shocked if they didn’t try to talk both women in to wearing crowns at some point.   

This is couple and the Temecula couple were very nice.  What is going on with HHers?!   Are they changing their ways or did they mistakenly put two nice, normal couples back-to-back?  Of course, they may be the only two couples like that we see all season.

Edited by Mittengirl
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I was predisposed not to like pageant lady, but she seemed very nice.  I thought she said she used to compete.   I suspect the pageant thing was producer driven - that seems right up their alley.  “You met doing pageants?  OMG!!!  Where are your crowns and sashes?  Dig them out and put them front and center!”  I would be shocked if they didn’t try to talk both women in to wearing crowns at some point.   

This is couple and the Temecula couple were very nice.  What is going on with HHers?!   Are they changing their ways or did they mistakenly put two nice, normal couples back-to-back?  Of course, they may be the only two couples like that we see all season.

The pageant lady had a whole lot of sparkly evening gowns in her closet under her mandatory chandelier for someone who was retired from pageanting.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

With laminate floors! No.

10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I was wondering about that, since she isn't very ... conventionally attractive (and the bad wig and garish makeup don't help). She said she met the realtor through the pageant circuit, and I can buy the realtor as a "legit" pageant girl because she looks and acts very polished, but the HH? No.

I thought she was conventionally attractive but she was thickly built, which I thought wasn't the standard for pageant contestants, and she needed better fake hair. I did like that she could laugh at her big feet and her blowing up the eggs, and I laughed myself when she said she didn't want to live on a golf course because she didn't want "balls flying at [her] all day."

• Love 1
21 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

Looked like Mina from Good Bones had designed the renovation on the 3rd place. That dining table of theirs looked ridiculous in that front "space." And what a waste of a fireplace. She said she didn't like the dining area as you walk in (didn't she?) and then she tried to replicate it. I'd flip the living area w/the dining. If the front living area is small, they still have that huge basement. 

I didn't understand that either.  The previous homeowners had the front room set up as the dining room even though it was obvious it was a living room because of the fireplace.  The buyer even commented that the back room was too small for a living area so I was very surprised when they had their little dinette set in the front room.  Weird.  

• Love 3

I really liked the Salisbury, Maryland episode. Sad backstory with the husband's first wife dying of cancer and leaving four young children behind, but it looked like his new wife - who referred to herself as a "mother" rather than "stepmother" - has a great relationship with the kids. The house they picked was definitely quirky, and I have a hard time visualizing what it's going to look like after the renovation, but if they're putting all of the $235k they saved into it I'm sure it's going to be magnificent. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I really liked the Salisbury, Maryland episode. Sad backstory with the husband's first wife dying of cancer and leaving four young children behind, but it looked like his new wife - who referred to herself as a "mother" rather than "stepmother" - has a great relationship with the kids. The house they picked was definitely quirky, and I have a hard time visualizing what it's going to look like after the renovation, but if they're putting all of the $235k they saved into it I'm sure it's going to be magnificent. 

I liked it, too. 

I'd love to see them on HH Renovation and see how it turns out.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was a lovely story and I am so happy for that family.  Both husband and wife were appreciative and considerate of one other.  

Yeah, I'd like to see the end result in HHReno, too. 

• Love 5

I was kind of surprised that the single woman in Austin chose the new build.  I was hoping she would opt for one of the older houses and fix it up to her style.  I liked her and her father.  They seemed to have a wonderful relationship, and the puppy she bought him was adorable.  I found myself looking at the cute dresses she wore for the house tours.  She wore a different one for each tour, so it almost became dress hunting as well as house hunting.  

• Love 2

Austin lady.

One of the few occasions where I thought the new build was the best choice. Within budget, no work to do, probably no discoveries of rotting floors, termites, or mold. It was a cute place. 

43 minutes ago, mojito said:

Austin lady.

One of the few occasions where I thought the new build was the best choice. Within budget, no work to do, probably no discoveries of rotting floors, termites, or mold. It was a cute place. 

It was, and she and her father looked to have a wonderful relationship: I'd imagine he and his new pooch spend a fair amount of time just visiting down there.  Not to mention any 'lady friends' using the spare bedroom. The last few shows have mainly featured really nice people, a refreshing change.

• Love 1

I found myself looking at the cute dresses she wore for the house tours.

So did I!  I would love to know where she got them.

Mr. Angeltoes was convinced she was gay.   I didn't get that vibe at all.   At her housewarming party at the end, all her guests were women.  He said,"You see."  Eye roll from me.  Maybe she was trying to find a new lady friend for her dad.

4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

So did I!  I would love to know where she got them.

Mr. Angeltoes was convinced she was gay.   I didn't get that vibe at all.   At her housewarming party at the end, all her guests were women.  He said,"You see."  Eye roll from me.  Maybe she was trying to find a new lady friend for her dad.

I didn’t get the vibe either. That said, what do I know. I liked the house choice. Less work and move in ready. Her father seemed like a nice guy, too. I’m just glad she didn’t need a glam room with a chandelier in her closet. What is it with grown woman acting like their 16?

• Love 2

I thought the pageant lady was adorable and found myself smiling about her big feet and no common sense. This is odd cause I pretty much start shows disliking the hunters and proceed to hating and wishing bad things on them. O.K. Liked the couple with widower and 4 kids. And thought daughter buying dad a puppy was cute... I may be going soft and losing my edge. ACK

Edited by Pathetica
  • Love 3

The young couple from Tampa with the annoying wife. OMG! Kill me now. All she said was “Yeah! Yeah!” and, wanting a place to sunbathe in private. Meanwhile, she’s an expectant mother and barely talked about the kid at all. When does she plan doing all this sunbathing with a newborn? That said, I liked the cute bungalow they picked out. I knew they were going to pick it because a random (modern) table was in the dining area and the husband really, really liked it. Perhaps because he probably bought the fricken thing himself.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

All she said was “Yeah! Yeah!” and, wanting a place to sunbathe in private.

All I kept thinking of was the fact that she was married to a medical professional and he hasn't discussed skin cancer with her?  All she has to do is take a look at the leather skinned oldsters in Florida to see her future.

• Love 6

Minneapolis couple from last night:  First off, I am a MN native (brought up in Bloomington, a suburb of Mpls) and that guy was the most negative person!  Really, Minnesotans don't hate everything about a house except for the outdated wood paneling.  Having said that, let me get to the point: 

I knew all along they were going with house #3, it had a two car garage.  How did they describe Minnesota winters?  "Hardy"?  That is a nice word.....for winter.  There is no way no how I would ever live in my great state without a garage.  They wanted so much for $240,000, and looking in what seemed to me in south Minneapolis, you are just not gonna get.  They both had an odd fascination with the bathroom and kitchen sink faucets - you could change those out quickly and cheaply.  

When the hubby was all "look I can set up my electronics!" I thought:  Oh good he is going to be on his gaming systems all day!!  Then the house they picked (#3) with the backyard flower beds - he wanted to pull them out??  DO you know how much work they are to put in?  

I need to say why I was really looking for an actual Minneapolis house, I have seen HH say they are in Minneapolis but they were in Elk River or Rogers, both waaaay out there, like two counties away.

• Love 2

I got so annoyed with sunbathing Tampa wife, I wanted to scream.  Plus, her skin looked so pale and delicate, like she'd age pretty fast if she keeps on sunbathing no matter how much suntan lotion she uses. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The young couple from Tampa with the annoying wife. OMG! Kill me now. All she said was “Yeah! Yeah!” and, wanting a place to sunbathe in private. Meanwhile, she’s an expectant mother and barely talked about the kid at all. When does she plan doing all this sunbathing with a newborn? That said, I liked the cute bungalow they picked out. I knew they were going to pick it because a random (modern) table was in the dining area and the husband really, really liked it. Perhaps because he probably bought the fricken thing himself.

And was it just us, but did she seem about 15-20 years older than him (and he seemed about 22). We had the sound off at the beginning and we both thought that she was his mom. When he dressed up for the homes he seemed as comfortable as our teen son. 

4 minutes ago, Ottis said:

And was it just us, but did she seem about 15-20 years older than him (and he seemed about 22). We had the sound off at the beginning and we both thought that she was his mom. When he dressed up for the homes he seemed as comfortable as our teen son. 

Man bun and all.

• Love 2