Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/05/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Did Whoopi just say that being politically correct meant that you want to have the ability to say whatever you want without consequence????

My ears are bleeding!  Wow. 

I noticed it, too, but I know she was talking about people who complain about political correctness; my inner auto-correct is on overdrive whenever Whoopi speaks. It's too bad she fudged it, because I agreed with what she said.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1

GW came into office with a surplus of money. And then started unpaid wars. That Obama inherited and been able to plug some of the flow. The GOP wants to cut benefits - for children, the elderly, and even food stamps for vets and families living on base. And lower taxes. and on and on....

• Love 11

I'm sitting in my kitchen which opens up directly into my living room so my tv is less than 5 feet away from me and yet it still took me about 5 minutes to decide whether or not it was even worth my time to get up and tune into this shit show.   So, I finally decide to just do it and tune in just as they start talking about Billy Joel and whether he should still sing his old songs in concert.  Really riveting stuff.  I was barely listening to the discussion on account of who gives a giant rat's ass but ended up having to get back up and turn it off at the point when Whoopi; the Captain o' the Ship started schooling Paula about why she was wrong.  The condescending tone to her voice was so extreme and the choice of words she used was just disgusting.  When I got up to turn the channel and glanced at the screen, the ladies were all sitting there deflated and down turned looking; like a bunch of puppies who just got their noses slapped for pissing on the carpet.  Such a happy work place.  And what a mean, mean bitch you are Miss Whoopi Goldberg. 

• Love 16

One positive thing about the Washington Redskins name is how the team focuses on Native American issues. They donate millions of dollars a year to Native charities and issues..... I doubt teams with other nicknames do the same thing.

The polls that are mentioned should be seen as suspect... just like any polls on any issues.

• Love 2

As a lifelong Marylander, I've known of Dr. Carson for years. He was the standard of what doctors should hope to be. An amazing surgeon. What a disappointment he is now. I'm sure he deserved all the accolades he received as a doctor, but, the thought of him being President? Just say no!

I remember many, many years ago reading some article about Dr. Carson and his humble roots and how he became so great as a surgeon and was in complete admiration of him.  I know he is retired and I am a grandma, but if I had cranially conjoined twins I would want him to do the surgery.  But, as you say, the thought of him being president is scary.  I wonder could he keep his eyes open long enough to even take the oath of office.

• Love 11

I'm sitting in my kitchen which opens up directly into my living room so my tv is less than 5 feet away from me and yet it still took me about 5 minutes to decide whether or not it was even worth my time to get up and tune into this shit show.   So, I finally decide to just do it and tune in just as they start talking about Billy Joel and whether he should still sing his old songs in concert.  Really riveting stuff.  I was barely listening to the discussion on account of who gives a giant rat's ass but ended up having to get back up and turn it off at the point when Whoopi; the Captain o' the Ship started schooling Paula about why she was wrong.  The condescending tone to her voice was so extreme and the choice of words she used was just disgusting.  When I got up to turn the channel and glanced at the screen, the ladies were all sitting there deflated and down turned looking; like a bunch of puppies who just got their noses slapped for pissing on the carpet.  Such a happy work place.  And what a mean, mean bitch you are Miss Whoopi Goldberg. 

I love your post and Whoopi is so awful. She is such a downer and saps other people's joy. I like the fact that Paula is not afraid to voice her opinion and counter the movie stah...I need Whoppie to be gone like yesterday, she is so insufferable right now...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

I dont remember what the discussion was about...... I must be getting old... but Joy said something about getting a drivers license and Whoopi made  a throw away line and said... Unless you are a Mexican..... and Joy turned to her and said... what do you mean... explain yourself.  Whoopi stumbled over an explanation about immigration.  I dont think she expected to be called out like that.... Good for you Joy!!

• Love 13

I loved that too..Joy seems to be alive now that Bill Geddie is no longer around to muzzle her, in his efforts to make Elizabeth his star...I love that the ladies no longer defer to Whoopie's omniscience anymore...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Ben Carson has such a sweet face and voice, and I know he was a very skilled surgeon, but he just spews nonsense. Did I hear him correctly that the private sector should provide day care and help for mothers? How does that work? Would they do it for a small fee since the child had not been aborted? I still think he doesn't believe in evolution, but his explanation was confusing. Kindergarten teachers should have guns in the classroom? I saw an article today where he says he would react right away to a shooter and bring him down, which kinds of assumes that the poor teacher and students gunned down in Roseburg didn't have their act together in split seconds by charging a man with multiple guns shooting at them. His dear wife wants to reduce the deficit, and all Republican mention that, but how? They all want to increase the military and start wars which are quite expensive, by the way. 

I'm glad that Joy was there to push back against this guy. If she wasn't there, I wouldn't be watching, although I give Paula some credit for a few tough questions. 

• Love 12

When Dr. Carson began to answer the question on evolution, Joy interrupted immediately with, "That's too deep, we're in the weeds."  Then, just maybe, you should close you pie-hole and listen.  And Raven's exaggerated reactions to everything he said, then whining that there was no time to plug her latest project, "because of (Dr.) Ben Carson."  Do you ladies think that some people just might tune in to see, and even HEAR, your guests? 

• Love 1

Here is the quote that Carson made about the Oregon shooting victims. It's disgusting and insulting.

WASHINGTON -- GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson implied Tuesday that the Oregon shooting victims didn't do enough to save themselves, and that if he himself had been there, he would have been more aggressive in confronting the attacker.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"

He also said this:

Carson also went on Facebook on Monday night and said the Oregon shooting hadn't changed his position against increased restrictions on gun ownership, because he "never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.""

(I guess even twenty little first graders ridden with bullet holes at Sandy Hook had no effect on him either.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 17

I forgot to ask--what did Whoopi say to Joy during Hot Topics that made the audience gasp? I remember they were talking about looking their best in selfies, and I missed what Whoopi said because Joy/Paula were having an aside. Then Whoopi said, "Not you" to Joy.

He also said this:

Carson also went on Facebook on Monday night and said the Oregon shooting hadn't changed his position against increased restrictions on gun ownership, because he "never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

So his right to bear arms is more important and precious than a human life?  And this from a doctor.  The man is insane!

• Love 12

When Dr. Carson began to answer the question on evolution, Joy interrupted immediately with, "That's too deep, we're in the weeds."  Then, just maybe, you should close you pie-hole and listen.  And Raven's exaggerated reactions to everything he said, then whining that there was no time to plug her latest project, "because of (Dr.) Ben Carson."  Do you ladies think that some people just might tune in to see, and even HEAR, your guests? 

Ben Carson began his answer with ... micro and macro evolution... and Joy is intelligent enough to understand that it would take at least a half hour for his point to be made by explaining the difference between the 2 types of evolution.

It is a shame that Carson didnt explain his comment from a 2011 speech... where he basically said evolution is the work of Satan..... now that is something I would have wanted to hear

http://www.chicagonow.com/an-agnostic-in-wheaton/2015/09/dr-ben-carson-evolution-is-satans-work-not-so-fast/

• Love 9

I wanted to punch whoever the hell that was in the audience that screamed and clapped everytime Dr. Carson talked. Joy wanted to do the same thing.

The Kardashians are not America's First Family. I don't give a damn how many young girls follow their asses. Most of the world would be happy as hell if they didn't give them any attention. I try not to mention that trash ass family if I can help it.

Guns in a classroom for a teacher are a stupid idea. Let's say the teacher does get armed and the gunman still manages to hurt or kill the teacher. Now you got a loaded weapon in a classroom of 5-6 year olds that they could pick up and kill another child.

• Love 9

Dr. Carson's feelings on guns and shootings is certainly a contradiction to his views on abortion. He can't sanction abortion because he's a doctor and he has fought hard to save lives but he has no problem shooting people? Congratulations, Michelle! For the first time, you weren't the most annoying person in the room!

• Love 16

Why does he assume that only poor, uneducted,  young women have abortions? Women of all social standings have them and women have them for many reasons.. I found that to be very odd. He needed to be on the show alot longer than he was given..I still think that he is too extreme to govern our country...I was rolling my eyes at his wife's emotional reaction about the debt..It was overwrought and it pissed me off....

• Love 15

I agree Apprentice79 his wife's statement was scripted.... and they used misinformation to make that political point... I was annoyed as well.

I forgot to ask--what did Whoopi say to Joy during Hot Topics that made the audience gasp? I remember they were talking about looking their best in selfies, and I missed what Whoopi said because Joy/Paula were having an aside. Then Whoopi said, "Not you" to Joy.

They were talking about how magazines touch up photos to make them look better.... Joy made a comment about herself looking good and Whoopi said not you in reference that she would not need to be touched up in a photo

Why does he assume that only poor, uneducted,  young women have abortions? Women of all social standings have them and women have them for many reasons.. I found that to be very odd. He needed to be on the show alot longer than he was given..I still think that he is too extreme to govern our country...I was rolling my eyes at his wife's emotional reaction about the debt..It was overwrought and it pissed me off....

Basically because he has bigoted views and it is much easier to demonize poor uneducated people.
The fact of the matter is the highest demographic woman who gets an abortion is a white Christian woman with some college. That came from a study from either 2012 or 2013

• Love 9

Joy made the mistakes that many make.  Plan Parenthood doe NOT give mammograms.  And they do not arrange abortions for you either.  If the state allows them then they will give you the name of a doctor who does them.  That can be googled.  

I am a liberal, just stating the facts here but I do have doubts about funding PP though.  They get millions from the government and they really do not do enough to warrant that amount of money, from my experience.  A friend of my son's got pregnant, she was 17.  Abortion was illegal in our state so she went to PP to find out where to go.  The woman she spoke with was a raging pro lifer and not only would not tell her where to get one but showed her pictures and a bunch of false information about her fetus.   When I heard about this I marched right over there.  THAT is another story!  She was fired.  

ETA.  I meant millions NOT billions.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Wings707, please tell us your story..I love your gumption in standing up for that young lady....

I had to know this woman's name.  The pregnant girl gave me her description and from that I knew I would not make a mistake!  I went in and pretended to be interested in volunteering.  I got her name asked if she was employee, she was.  I set up a meeting at PP headquarters, 45 mins away, after her abortion in a neighboring state.  We both talked to the director.  Flabbergasted does not do her reaction justice.  She was furious.   

Weeks later I popped in to our local office and she was not there.  I asked what happened to her and the new woman was happy to inform me that she had been let go.  HA!  Shit canned is the term I would use! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

There's something very odd about Dr. Carson that I can't put my finger on. He's almost robotic or something.

Don't forget that he equated Obamacare to slavery....I hate it when people make asinine statements like that....He is an extremist and they are always people that you look at sideways at all times...

• Love 13

He also said this:

Carson also went on Facebook on Monday night and said the Oregon shooting hadn't changed his position against increased restrictions on gun ownership, because he "never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.""

(I guess even twenty little first graders ridden with bullet holes at Sandy Hook had no effect on him either.)

Absurd and disturbing.  

• Love 7

I had to know this woman's name.  The pregnant girl gave me her description and from that I knew I would not make a mistake!  I went in and pretended to be interested in volunteering.  I got her name asked if she was employee, she was.  I set up a meeting at PP headquarters, 45 mins away, after her abortion in a neighboring state.  We both talked to the director.  Flabbergasted does not do her reaction justice.  She was furious.   

Weeks later I popped in to our local office and she was not there.  I asked what happened to her and the new woman was happy to inform me that she had been let go.  HA!  Shit canned is the term I would use! 

Bravo....I love it...If you are against Abortion, don't work at a clinic where it is provided..My goodness!

• Love 5

Here is the quote that Carson made about the Oregon shooting victims. It's disgusting and insulting.

WASHINGTON -- GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson implied Tuesday that the Oregon shooting victims didn't do enough to save themselves, and that if he himself had been there, he would have been more aggressive in confronting the attacker.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"

He also said this:

Jaw dropping. The man's an idiot and an asshole. Or an idiot savant only capable of one skill set... doctor. I thought him belligerent during the interview today. Possibly even patronizing to the women. Sorry, arrogance paired with societal ignorance won't cut it.

Something else I think he said today when talking about teachers being trained to use a gun was that they also be trained in tactical maneuvers or diversionary tactics... any one know exact quote? Anyway, it sounded like military training. WTH? These are teachers, knothead! Not to mention, that is NOT the kind of society we want. I refuse.

Also, Whoopi was back to empty pontificating today. Ugh. In any case, the last 2 days have created for some good discussion here about issues other than how the show/hosts suck. Fun to read.

Edited by SunFun
  • Love 11

"Carson also went on Facebook on Monday night and said the Oregon shooting hadn't changed his position against increased restrictions on gun ownership, because he "never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.""

Oh no he did not! Seriously? If I may be so bold, what a fucking cunt. I like how all these congressional gun fetishists see a Seal Team 6 badass staring back at them in the bathroom mirror. So delusional. So embarrassing.

• Love 10

Joy made the mistakes that many make.  Plan Parenthood doe NOT give mammograms.  And they do not arrange abortions for you either.  If the state allows them then they will give you the name of a doctor who does them.  That can be googled.  

Mammogram  equipment is expensive.  Hospitals have the machines, if your doctor writes an order you can schedule a mammogram.  Planned Parenthood doesn't  have the funds to do it.  PLUS -   Mammograms are recommended for women over a certain age. Planned parenthood provides services primarily (but not exclusively)  to younger women who do not need mammograms. 

The attacks on planned Parenthood are ridiculous.  Young women need access to contraception and information on STD's.  That is, the primary focus of PP.  

PP is not a comprehensive health care center, nor does it need to be. 

• Love 9

Oh no he did not! Seriously? If I may be so bold, what a fucking cunt. I like how all these congressional gun fetishists see a Seal Team 6 badass staring back at them in the bathroom mirror. So delusional. So embarrassing.

I think you meant to say: Oh No he di'n't!!!

• Love 5

Something else I think he said today when talking about teachers being trained to use a gun was that they also be trained in tactical maneuvers or diversionary tactics... any one know exact quote? Anyway, it sounded like military training. WTH? These are teachers, knothead! Not to mention, that is NOT the kind of society we want. I refuse.

It was training in "diversionary tactics", he wanted.  And this comment was made in response to Joy talking about how effective would a locked gun be in the case of someone with a gun entering a classroom with the intent to harm.  Who is he looking to train in diversionary tactics?  If it's the teacher, then they're not going for the gun while busy diverting the gunman's attention because...well...common sense, huh?  So we're left with training the kids, to divert attention?  

"Okay kids here's the deal.  Some bad person might come into our classroom with the intent of shooting all of us.  Soooooo, what we want you guys to do it make a fuss over here so I can go over there to my desk, unlock my drawer and get my gun so I can blow the bastard to kingdom come.  Are we all clear on this - let's map out a plan.  So Mikey, what I want you to do is..."

That comment confused and confounded me for sure.  But, I'm often confused and confounded, not to mention angry and frustrated, once these gun proponents start spewing their nonsense.  This common sense thingie seems to elude many and should any person bereft of said common sense be running a country?  I think not!

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 12

Mammogram  equipment is expensive.  Hospitals have the machines, if your doctor writes an order you can schedule a mammogram.  Planned Parenthood doesn't  have the funds to do it.  PLUS -   Mammograms are recommended for women over a certain age. Planned parenthood provides services primarily (but not exclusively)  to younger women who do not need mammograms. 

The attacks on planned Parenthood are ridiculous.  Young women need access to contraception and information on STD's.  That is, the primary focus of PP.  

PP is not a comprehensive health care center, nor does it need to be. 

Yes, I know all of this.  My point is, if you are going to argue it's value get your facts straight.   Joy and others keep harping on mammograms and abortion neither of which they do.   Joy is not alone in thinking they offer more health care than they do.  And you have to have a low income to get the perks.   Whoopie was saying that it is not only low income that needs their services; that is wrong too!

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mt-baker/free-birth-control-annual-exams

I am not taking a stance against funding.  I do think they should look into where the money is going though.  It may be top heavy. 

I am a liberal democrat.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

As a retired teacher, I had to laugh at Carson's recommendation of a diversionary tactic.  Our school discussed the idea of teachers having guns years ago, and we imagined a scenario in which the person with a gun would burst into the room.  We decided that we would tell the gunman to wait a few minutes while we unlocked the cabinet to retrieve the gun.  The issue of being able to aim a gun was also considered.  We concluded that it was a dangerous, insane idea , and hoped nobody would bring up the idea again.  I still believe the concept belongs in the film, Dr. Strangelove.  

• Love 17

I'm on the verge of enjoying the show...and then there is Reverend Whoopi.

I love that name for her: Reverend Whoopi,indeed!  can I get an Amen from the congregation?..In her case, we should ring their bell and say, Bitch you right!

• Love 7

I did enjoy a brief moment from Paula when Whoopi was lecturing the others about whether singers should sing their hits in concert.  Paula had expressed a different opinion than Whoopi, so of course Whoopi talked over and her and argued with her loudly. Paula replied sweetly something like, "We're all entitled to our opinions, Whoopi." Whoopi actually looked slightly chastened and said "You're right," and stopped shouting her opinion. Well, until the next topic.

• Love 16

Yes, I know all of this.  My point is, if you are going to argue it's value get your facts straight.   Joy and others keep harping on mammograms and abortion neither of which they do.   Joy is not alone in thinking they offer more health care than they do.  And you have to have a low income to get the perks.   Whoopie was saying that it is not only low income that needs their services; that is wrong too!

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-mt-baker/free-birth-control-annual-exams

I am not taking a stance against funding.  I do think they should look into where the money is going though.  It may be top heavy. 

I am a liberal democrat.  

I dont remember Joy mentioning mammograms today... but it is possible that I missed it.

It is true that Planned Parenthood services more than just poor uneducated women like Carson said.... The post you shared wings707 is for a "no-cost reproductive health and family planning services to teens, men and women in order to prevent unintended pregnancies."

No cost program is the key there..... it says at the end of that article that if you do not qualify for the program they will still service the client but there will be a charge.

Also... the Federal Government doesnt "donate" Billions of Dollars to Planned Parenthood.... they receive Billions in payment for services rendered as a health care provider.... just like they would from any insurance provider.

As was said above.... the Hyde Amendment does not allow for federal funds to pay for abortions except for very extreme cases.

How Planned Parenthood spends their money is irrelevant as long as they are not breaking the law..... they should be treated no differently than any other entity that receives federal funds

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 10

I am not taking a stance against funding.  I do think they should look into where the money is going though.

Just to be clear on PP's funding. They have more revenue streams than just the government. The government "funding" means they accept Medicaid patients and bill Medicaid for services performed. So if they do a pelvic exam, then they bill that to the government and they are paid a set amount for that service. 

Medicaid is 41% of their revenue while 23% is from regular health insurance, the rest is donations and bequests. 

I wish that Joy would have more facts to use rather than the old, tired responses. 

Looks like we were posting at the same time Roger!

ETA: They do breast exams which is not the same as a mammogram. 

Edited by Dissy
  • Love 6

I did enjoy a brief moment from Paula when Whoopi was lecturing the others about whether singers should sing their hits in concert.  Paula had expressed a different opinion than Whoopi, so of course Whoopi talked over and her and argued with her loudly. Paula replied sweetly something like, "We're all entitled to our opinions, Whoopi." Whoopi actually looked slightly chastened and said "You're right," and stopped shouting her opinion. Well, until the next topic.

I remember the other ladies looked taken aback by whoopie's vociferousness and were very embarrassed for her..I have to admit that I am enjoying the fall of Whoopie the movie stah...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
Looks like we were posting at the same time Roger!

ETA: They do breast exams which is not the same as a mammogram. 

Yeah... I guess it is true.. great minds to think alike.

I was also going to post that there are other ways to screen for cancer other than mammograms..... but I clicked reply too soon.

One thing I dont know but can assume.... dont most ob/gyn doctors refer a woman to get a mammogram.... instead of having the equipment on site??

• Love 3

I have no idea why the heck Joy keeps stating that PP provides mammograms but I wish she'd stop.

PP most definitely does provide abortion services at some of their clinics, I know in my metro area there a about six clinics but only one of them offers in-clinic abortion services.

The approximate amount of reimbursement for services (not line appropriations or "funding) that PP receives from the federal government is 500m, not multiple billions. 

I have a really hard time staying in tune when Dr. Ben Carson speaks, I find him hard to follow, I think it's because I just can't believe what the hell is coming out of his mouth, but he sounds so friendly and soft spoken.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

Whoopie's fight with Paula over whether Billy Joel should play Piano Man at his concerts (he wants to drop it), was hysterical.  How can anyone care so much and that goes for Paula too.  She was into it as much as Whoppie!  

• Love 4

I just posted a long comment pointing out conflicting articles about Carson on abortion over the last few years - and lost it!. Nevertheless, very disturbing considering he served as a trustee to a foundation that gave several hundred thousand dollars to PP, would refer women for abortions, study fetus', said it was the biggest killer of black PEOPLE (can men have abortions? Evidently heart disease is the biggest killer of black women) and on and on. Even his handlers can't explain his comments. Or refuse to.

All I did is google Ben Carson on abortion and up popped tons of articles - anyone's choice of which one to choose - all disturbing and word salad.

• Love 6

There's something very odd about Dr. Carson that I can't put my finger on. He's almost robotic or something.

Dr. Carson sometimes does appear robotic but that is a learned demeanor. For 40 years he stood in one place and performed many surgeries on babies, in and out of the womb. He has separated conjoined twins.. These surgeries lasted from 10-12 hrs. and in the conjoined twins cases lasted up to 22 hrs. He has taught himself to stand still, he has taught himself to blink extensively to clear the cobwebs from his eyes so he can remain awake and continue. That blinking works as a power nap. It is all very interesting.

I was a nurse and I have watched surgeries and learned how surgeons that operate for that length of time really do teach themselves these stamina tricks. Watch Dr. Carson at the next debate. Everyone is leaning on their podiums and Dr. Carson is standing still with arms at his side.

I love Dr. Carson. I think he has exceptional problem solving skills. He refused to separate these twins but then problem solved it himself, being the pioneer for twins being separated at the head and brain. If Dr. Carson can figure THAT out, then with advisors and his love of problem solving and learning, no problem would be too large for him. He would be a great POTUS.

I am watching for a Dr. Carson/Ted Cruz ticket. I would like to see Marco Rubio for SOS. He is a whiz when it comes to foreign policy. Trey Gowdy for AG.

Donald Trump is a joke. He is like a grade school bully. Hillary Clinton is a criminal.

Maybe a Ted Cruz/Carson ticket would be better, I don't know. During the final debates of 2, Ben might appear too calm and people will take that as a lack of passion. He sure is bringing in the crowds and many are behind him.

I wanted to see him on the View today but I am in the Philly area and it was preempted  because of important local news. I think I will watch it On Demand.

• Love 4

That Whoopi/Paula debate about Billy Joel was so entertaining, especially when it ended with that super awkward "everyone is entitled to their opinion" and Whoopi's smile.

Also Whoopi & Raven keeping Hot Topics timely and relevant with their "Streetcar Named Desire" and "Cosby Show" references. 

• Love 3

I just posted a long comment pointing out conflicting articles about Carson on abortion over the last few years - and lost it!. Nevertheless, very disturbing considering he served as a trustee to a foundation that gave several hundred thousand dollars to PP, would refer women for abortions, study fetus', said it was the biggest killer of black PEOPLE (can men have abortions? Evidently heart disease is the biggest killer of black women) and on and on. Even his handlers can't explain his comments. Or refuse to.

All I did is google Ben Carson on abortion and up popped tons of articles - anyone's choice of which one to choose - all disturbing and word salad.

Believe it or not, Dr. Carson is an admitted former left wing Democrat. His many surgeries and his growing faith in the Lord changed him into a completely different man. :-)

Edited by My2Cents
  • Love 2

Dr. Carson sometimes does appear robotic but that is a learned demeanor. For 40 years he stood in one place and performed many surgeries on babies, in and out of the womb. He has separated conjoined twins.. These surgeries lasted from 10-12 hrs. and in the conjoined twins cases lasted up to 22 hrs. He has taught himself to stand still, he has taught himself to blink extensively to clear the cobwebs from his eyes so he can remain awake and continue. That blinking works as a power nap. It is all very interesting.

I was a nurse and I have watched surgeries and learned how surgeons that operate for that length of time really do teach themselves these stamina tricks. Watch Dr. Carson at the next debate. Everyone is leaning on their podiums and Dr. Carson is standing still with arms at his side.

I love Dr. Carson. I think he has exceptional problem solving skills. He refused to separate these twins but then problem solved it himself, being the pioneer for twins being separated at the head and brain. If Dr. Carson can figure THAT out, then with advisors and his love of problem solving and learning, no problem would be too large for him. He would be a great POTUS.

I am watching for a Dr. Carson/Ted Cruz ticket. I would like to see Marco Rubio for SOS. He is a whiz when it comes to foreign policy. Trey Gowdy for AG.

Donald Trump is a joke. He is like a grade school bully. Hillary Clinton is a criminal.

Maybe a Ted Cruz/Carson ticket would be better, I don't know. During the final debates of 2, Ben might appear too calm and people will take that as a lack of passion. He sure is bringing in the crowds and many are behind him.

I wanted to see him on the View today but I am in the Philly area and it was preempted  because of important local news. I think I will watch it On Demand.

It's not his calm demeanor that I dislike. It's all of the positions on crucial issues that I dislike intensely. I wish that he would take the immense amount of talent that he has in neurosurgery and teach that to others, but please stay out of politics.

That said, you are brave to post that you like Ted Cruz and Ben Carson on this board, since it's full of liberals.:) You certainly have a right to your opinion!

• Love 15

First of all, Obamacare has saved my life financially and literally. I had a seizure March of 2014 from drinking too much water while on drugs (I know I know, my fault, I was self medicating) and was life flighted (That's expensive!) and stayed at a hospital 8 days (which should have been longer but I wouldn't tell the doctors what drug I was doing, I'm sneaky and smarter than them!) anyways the cost would have destroyed me. Then last week, two days before my birthday, I had a drug induced panic attack and thought I was going to die and spent 3 days in a hospital while the doctors got me back on the right meds for for my mood disorder and lowered my blood pressure. So when I hear people say they are againt Obamacare, I hear that they want me to dead. And I take that personally. So Dr. whatshisname can go fuck himself.

Second, I don't watch everyday, but I think Whoopi is much easier to take lately and has a personality transplant. I think she wants to keep her job now for financial reasons and actually enjoys the current hosts. I also think Joy wants her job and is hostile towards her and wanting Whoopi to explain herself, which I also love.

Third, I think Paula is an idiot and has to go along with Raven. Michelle I am still undecided about.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 10