Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Previews and Speculation

Way Wes Jr
  • Start Topic

Because it can't be too early, right?

I believe we can glean from the previews for S31:E3 that season 32 will start off with a three tribe format.  Remember that S32 is sitting in the proverbial can, waiting for next Spring to air - it was filmed before Second Chances.  So, they have the three campsites all ready to go, and are using them in the current season.

• Love 1

Was that Beast mode Cowboy??? Oh please. Nooooooo.

Unfortunately, yes.  Not that BB has the best casting pool to pick from (especially lately) but really, he's the best we can do?  BTW, are we allowed to talk cast here?  The whole cast has been spoiled when the show finished filming last spring.

bump! They wouldn't be airing this season if anybody actually died, right?

Guess we'll have to stay tuned for scenes from the next episode to figure it out.  Though not looking forward to a season of a bunch whiners and people almost dying again.  Also, if B/B/B 2.0 utterly fails, can we stop with re-using themes?  Whatever happened to good old fashioned Survivor, where tribes were divided randomly?

• Love 4

Okay. I have to ask.

What the heck is a beast mode cowboy?

my first reactions:
There ere like 6 "omg you could dies" out there, which is more than like FvF #1 (Micronesia) so that's a biggie. 

but they wouldn't show someone dying... right? I mean Russell Swan almost died, and Joe looked liked he died. but no one would REALLY die on Survivor..

Brain vs. Brawn V. Beauty = brrzt. didn't like the first one it's a dumb gimmick. and you insta-know they're going to merge/switch it up after episode 3. so what's the point

generally speaking after an amazing season, the following suffers. again - the fact that Jeff basically showed ALL the drama now - means that's ALL the drama to be seen. 

• Love 3

Okay. I have to ask.

A cast member on Big Brother. That alone should speak volumes. Who knows how he will be edited on Survivor. But dollars to donuts that guy is NOT on the brains tribe.

(Funny thing- before I saw his face I saw those unfortunate tatooes and immediately thought "wow, another idiot is walking around with BMC's body art". (I use the word art loosely). )

• Love 4

Wait, so the next season was filmed even before the season we just saw? So by the time the finale rolls around there will have been no winner for , what, a year? That's insane!

Last season finished filming a few days before the S30 finale in May.  It was supposed to be S31, but when second chances rolled around, they bumped it to the spring.

Good lord, is the theme of this season ACTUAL Survivor?  It looks like they'll barely have enough cast members left standing to fill a jury.  What a weird way to promote a season...."a bunch of injuries and evacuations, tune in!"  It'll be impossible to form any attachments with the players since we'll all be expecting them to be medivac'ed off at any given moment.

• Love 3

I don't hold much promise for this season given the preview was pretty much edited the exact same way as the preview for Worlds Apart was, right down to the same damn font (like, the only difference is they named a few players, almost certainly to capitalise on Caleb), but... wow, that is easily the best season logo we've had since at least Vanuatu. I miss when they were simple-looking.

• Love 2

I didn't have a lot of faith when the cast got leaked after filming ended.  I have less faith after watching the preview.  And knowing it is in Cambodia again, after what we just saw, and this was their first run so they may not have been aware of the problems they would encounter?  Yeah, not really looking forward to it.  But the posters on here will make it worth it!  I guess we'll see how Probst hypes it.  That might be the giveaway as to how good or bad of a season it will be.

Also, I'm curious about a couple of things.  This season filmed before second chances.  Are the idol rules going to be the same as we saw in second chances?  Will they be hidden at challenges and be different?  Also will be curious if the advantage is here, if it is the same as Dan's, Stephen's, or something in between, and if someone finally uses it successfully.

I am curious about where the idols will be hidden, too.  I liked this twist so I am hoping they started it with B/B/B.  

It'll be impossible to form any attachments with the players since we'll all be expecting them to be medivac'ed off at any given moment.

Good point, Trick Question.   Not a very compelling promo.   We will probably get good spoilers since it finished so long ago.   Someone at sucks is probably busy right now, checking everyone's social media and figuring the dates.  This is usually the precursor to a boot list leak.  

• Love 1

Also, I'm curious about a couple of things.  This season filmed before second chances.

Wow, if they filmed *before* "Second Chances," why did they air "Second Chances" first? 

I think the idols will be the traditional idol hides. I think the idol play this year was a new feature.

They aired Second Chances first because they wanted the excitement of the vote to directly translate to watching the season. I suspect they were worried about spoilers as well with so many returnees. More time = a greater chance of the list leaking out. There was a pretty reliable list that leaked out as it is. I think there would have been a ton more had more time gone by.

• Love 2

A cast member on Big Brother. That alone should speak volumes. Who knows how he will be edited on Survivor. But dollars to donuts that guy is NOT on the brains tribe.

He'll be on either Beauty or Brawn, but I'll bet a nickle he's quoted as saying he should be on both!  Wait for it . . . 

• Love 1

Okay. I have to ask.

my first reactions:

There ere like 6 "omg you could dies" out there, which is more than like FvF #1 (Micronesia) so that's a biggie. 

but they wouldn't show someone dying... right? I mean Russell Swan almost died, and Joe looked liked he died. but no one would REALLY die on Survivor..

Beast mode cowboy is his nickname for himself.  On Big Brother, I had to google it because I couldn't tell what he was saying... Bespoke Cowboy?  B-Smoke Cowboy?  

If someone died in filming it would be national news the day it happened and shooting the season would probably end that day.  A player died in the French version, it made national news, and they wrapped.  It was in Cambodia, too.  It was the first challenge and a young healthy guy just dropped dead of a heart attack, I think.  Then the show doctor committed suicide soon after, due to the press allegations that he missed something in clearing the guy to play.  Pretty tragic.  

I kind of wish they'd tone down the show even further because if someone in the US dies, that's the end.  Well, and of course it'd be a tragic death.  I'm not looking forward to a season of med-evacs.  Or more Cambodia.  Give me Samoa or some other tropical paradise.  Cook islands was the bomb.  

33 will probably start filming some time around March. They usually film one season before the May finale, fly Probst to the US for the reunion, then pretty much fly him straight back out to work on the next season.

We don't know what's going on with the idols next season, but Probst has said part of the issue of filming the seasons the wrong way around was making sure whatever was planned in 31 felt like it was a step back from whatever's going to appear in 32. So my guess is if there's a twist after the merge it'll be someone winning the right to ban someone else from voting, without the second vote element. But I have no clue on the idols.

The Beauty/Brawn/Brains gimmick is dumb and reductive, but I think the cast for next season looks really interesting. It's just unfortunate that I feel like the show won't really utilize the more interesting people. Like most of them will get voted off early and only get showcased on their boot episode or they'll go really far but get no airtime, while a bunch of uninteresting blowhards get all the confessionals.

As I said when Stephen was dying in the rain, I don't like when the conditions are super harsh and people are actually hurt/ill.  I'll never agree with the "ugh they give them rice???  why don't they make them survive anymore???" feeling sometimes expressed.  Mollycoddle them, I say!  I too have low hopes for a season whose selling point is "everybody almost dies!"

But I love Cambodia as a location and I love 3 tribes, no matter how silly their theme.  (I do think, as someone cleverer than I noted on this forum, they should really rename it "Nerd/Jock/Bimbo" since that is what they are really getting at with these tribes.)  Anyway, I'm too busy basking in the glory of this season to worry about it too much.

• Love 4

I thought, watching that preview, they should have named this season Survivor: Somatic Narcissists.

It looks awful. Plus gore! 

After a mix of ages and some differing body types in Second Chances, it's going to be painful to have a bunch of brash young egotists with muscles and tatts, and some simpering +/or bad-ass young women who look good in bikinis, back on my screen with one or two token oldsters. Am going to barrack for the Gay Asian Guy Who's 51... who'll be an early boot, no doubt. 

• Love 2

Personally, a bad season of Survivor is still better than anything on tv. I can hardly wait till February. It does look the Season 32 cast (really 31....LOL!!) takes a beating. Apparently, it doesn't look to be a rain issue. Since, they filmed first I think the rain isn't their issue but extreme heat is. Of course, I have no idea why there will be so many medical emergencies. Only, 2 more months to go. Yahoo!!

• Love 5

So apparently Liz Markham, one of the new players featured in the promo last night was "inducted" into the wine and cheese club last night. God, Eliza is going to be insufferable on twitter next season (not that she isn't every season).

• Love 3

We are so spoiled!   A new show in only 2 months.  I love it!  I'm so excited.  I'm glad it's new contestants, and I'm glad it's B/b/b.  I loved Cagayan.  

Off topic - I really hate the Blood versus Water seasons.  Are those popular at all?  I don't want them to come back.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Blood v Water only works if one of the contestants is a returnee. The first one worked better because we knew at least one of the pairs. The second time didn't because it was double the cast to remember. That said, they will probably do it again with either format.

We are so spoiled!   A new show in only 2 months.  I love it!  I'm so excited.  I'm glad it's new contestants, and I'm glad it's B/b/b.  I loved Cagayan.  

Off topic - I really hate the Blood versus Water seasons.  Are those popular at all?  I don't want them to come back.

I liked the first one.  The second, I only enjoyed the TC.  I've re-watched a few episodes here and there (I forgot how much I disliked Kelley-what a difference a season and not having your annoying father with you makes) and I think overtime that is a season I'll learn to enjoy.  Once I actually remember who's who  I did enjoy the first BvsW, and that is a concept I wouldn't mind them repeating, if they were going to repeat one.  Why they feel the need for themed season or to repeat them for the sake of having them, I don't know.  Will we be seeing another W/B/N Collar season again?  Although considering the first one was crap, maybe the second one will actually be good (usually it's the reverse for me).  I wonder if we'll get another FvsF or if we are just getting second chances and third times a charm going forward.  However, I feel like they might have been setting Joe and his dad up for a possible BvsW 3 down the road.  We know Joe will be back, we just don't know what type of season it'll be in.

So apparently Liz Markham, one of the new players featured in the promo last night was "inducted" into the wine and cheese club last night. God, Eliza is going to be insufferable on twitter next season (not that she isn't every season).

If I became a casting director, my first question would be 'are you part that crew'.  If they answer yes, they go in the reject pile.  So let's see, if the other castaways turn on Liz and vote her out, does that mean she was too pretty, smart, talented, or just is awesome at everything in life and everyone was jealous.  We won't even need to check her twitter to see who she's rooting against, she doesn't like alpha males unless they are aligned with her clique.  And if anyone utters a bad word about one of her own, they are also on her shit list.  One of the contestants (Neal Gottlieb) has been pretty friendly with Max and he was at a viewing party last night with Max, Mike, Sierra, Will, Vince, and Vytas.  I wonder if former castaways approach the newbies first, or if the newbies reach out to them.

Here is Jeff's take on next season.  The last line in the interview when asked to give one last tease does not give me hope:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/16/survivor-kaoh-rong-jeff-probst

Give us one more good tease as far as what to expect coming up in season 32.                                                                                       Big characters, big moves, and big drama.

Edited by LadyChatts

I think Jeff is confused.  This sounds more like Brains, Brawn and No Collar to me.

As we started seeing people, it became obvious we had another really clear division of brains, brawn, and beauty. For instance, a woman who scored a perfect SAT, a former NBA bruiser, and a Vietnamese gay gardener who loves all living things.

Beauty tribe and no collar tribe=you don't fit into the other categories and we need 3 tribes so welcome to the made up category.

ETA: so when he says "seeing" people, is that the initial audition phase or after they were cast?  Either way I think they wanted to do B/B/B again since it was their last successful season (until second chances) and cast around that.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Not if you don't follow her. :>

• Love 6

After her spot in the promo and now this, I'm really regretting picking her for my fantasy team. I didn't know anything about any of them (besides Caleb) and so I just picked her because she looks kinda like Madison Davenport to me lol. 

Not if you don't follow her. :>

Well I don't actually have twitter but I do read the thread over at Sucks where they post all the tweets the survivors are making. maybe I should stop doing that. lol

• Love 4

I actually liked the B/B/B concept, and I'm interested to see if this season is similar to the first.  First season played out in a way I found very predictable.  The Beauty team had a lot of back stabbing, and although they went into a merge with strong numbers, they never considered sticking together and sold each other out - immediately.

Brains were super analytical and let egos get in the way.  They struggled when all on one team, but the remaining stragglers did well after the merge.

Brawn were not only most successful in all the physical challenges, they worked well together and two of the final three were on this team.  My theory was that most of these people had played team sports, and were a naturally more cohesive group.  Yes there was some backstabbing and flipping in this group, but not on the level of the other two teams.

I found it fascinating because it fell in line with what I've learned in social dynamics classes I've been forced to attend.  There were four basic groups and we watched videos of how this behavior was predictable even as children.  The more analytical children were given tasks, and instead of grouping together to solve things, they worked quietly and individually.  The group that was strongly driven by emotion immediately banned together, but were more interested in socializing, and didn't necessarily complete the task.  There was also a group that was social but success-driven.  They're not necessarily as intelligent as the analytical group, but they worked together well as a team, and successfully completed each task.

• Love 5

Well I don't actually have twitter but I do read the thread over at Sucks where they post all the tweets the survivors are making. maybe I should stop doing that. lol

That's usually where I read her comments.  Very rarely do I actually visit her actual twitter (actually, there's probably only a handful of people I follow on SM).  It can be amusing seeing what Eliza has to say and attack anyone who goes after one of her own or try to spin why they are getting a bad edit.  It's never their fault.

It can be amusing seeing what Eliza has to say and attack anyone who goes after one of her own or try to spin why they are getting a bad edit.

I'm sorry, you just lost me there.

The notion of anybody giving a flying intercourse through a rolling doughnut what Eliza had to say about ANYBODY or ANYTHING...?

Mmmmm... nope.  Can't do it.  Drawing a complete and total blank here.

• Love 1

I can't stop laughing at this picture of the Beauty tribe.  First because of Tai in the upper left and second because of the look Caleb is giving the camera.  He's trying to look so serious it cracks me up!

106307_d07584b.jpg

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 3

I just had a look at the contestants and I was disappointed to realize at least three of the girls saying they intend to play like Parvati. I mean, I get Parvati is considered by many the best player ever and I don't disagree that she is smart BUT I personally don't like her and I do believe there were many other players (either they won or not) who were wayyy better than her. Also I don't like to watch a season with girls flirting with guys all over the place following Parvati's example. I hope the men are smarter than poor James Clement and they don't fall for some boobs and some ass. I really want to see a good game with strategy. I love Survivor seasons where pure strategists have won.

Also I'd like to talk about Caleb, he is known as the "stalker" of that girl in Big Brother if I remember correctly but I never believed all that, I watched the season carefully and that girl (I forget the name) never told him she is not interested in him. I don't know why he was presented and remembered as a stalker. If a girl is not interested in someone she has to say it. You can't blame a guy for trying to win a girl's heart if he has never heard no from her.... That said I will support Caleb cause I really liked him in Big Brother.

• Love 2

I always thought it was laughable that Amber was in any actual danger or even intimidation from him.  They're on cameras being watched and she was using his puppy love as part of the game.  The show did play it up with editing. 

I always thought it was laughable that Amber was in any actual danger or even intimidation from him.  They're on cameras being watched and she was using his puppy love as part of the game.  The show did play it up with editing. 

Finally, someone with some brains :) (and not only cause you agree with me :P)

I really hope Caleb goes early because I can't deal with the rage blackouts I get from this debate all over again.

I forgot this even premiered next week. I am not excited about this season. Last season was so good I just don't think this season can be anything but a letdown.

• Love 3

A bad season of Survivor is better than no Survivor at all.

I am irrationally excited for tomorrow.

Yep.  At the very least, I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts and opinions here.  Some of the snark that flows around here more than makes up for a crappy season for Survivor.

• Love 4