Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Previews and Speculation

Way Wes Jr
  • Start Topic

Yep.  At the very least, I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts and opinions here.  Some of the snark that flows around here more than makes up for a crappy season for Survivor.

Why do we assume it's going to be a bad season? Compared to the last one that was almost perfect or do we have some other clues?

Why do we assume it's going to be a bad season? Compared to the last one that was almost perfect or do we have some other clues?

Gut feeling.  But, my gut does tend to be wrong so it may turn out to be the best ever!  I'm just not digging most of the cast, and with the medical drama (that seems bad, even for Survivor) I'm just not getting the vibe it is going to be a fun season.  And it doesn't help that it followed Second Chances, which for me was a pretty darn good season after SJDS and WA tanked.

Any any rate, my original point was that even with a bad season of Survivor, the comments here make up for it and make me want to keep watching just so I know where all the snark/rage is coming from.

• Love 3

I don't watch Big Brother so I'm not familiar at all with Caleb.  I have seen Parvati play and I don't care for her at all and hope I don't have to watch people flirting their way through the game. Male or female, makes no difference.

I think last season was awesome so I'm expecting this season to have some degree of suckage since Survivor seems to not be able to have back to back good seasons.  At least none come to mind recently.

• Love 1

Whether you hate Parvati (for some reason; she is the best) or you love her, I wouldn't draw any conclusion whatsoever from the fact that several women mentioned wanting to play like her in their questionnaires.  Why?  Because that is true of literally every season.  She's by far the most famous female player, and well-known as an all-rounder (good at the physical, strategic, and social parts of the game), as well as being good TV, so of course people, especially people who don't know the game particularly well, want to play like her.  (I seem to recall that one of the more conspiracy-minded of us here claims that they are forced on pain of loss of contract to answer Parvati to that question, which while totally unconvincing to me points out the ubiquity of the answer.)  As nice as it would be to hear people say, like, "I want to play like Tracy from Micronesia, with some Denise from Philippines in there" or whatever, most people pretty much have no idea who those are.  Even Kim Spradlin is something of a deep cut, though I think everyone regardless of gender should be wanting to play like her.

But also, remember this season was filmed before Second Chances.  Parvati haters, your long national nightmare may soon be over: my prediction is that Kelley Wentworth is going to be the go-to answer in the years to come. 

• Love 2

Whether you hate Parvati (for some reason; she is the best) or you love her, I wouldn't draw any conclusion whatsoever from the fact that several women mentioned wanting to play like her in their questionnaires.  Why?  Because that is true of literally every season.  She's by far the most famous female player, and well-known as an all-rounder (good at the physical, strategic, and social parts of the game), as well as being good TV, so of course people, especially people who don't know the game particularly well, want to play like her.  (I seem to recall that one of the more conspiracy-minded of us here claims that they are forced on pain of loss of contract to answer Parvati to that question, which while totally unconvincing to me points out the ubiquity of the answer.)  As nice as it would be to hear people say, like, "I want to play like Tracy from Micronesia, with some Denise from Philippines in there" or whatever, most people pretty much have no idea who those are.  Even Kim Spradlin is something of a deep cut, though I think everyone regardless of gender should be wanting to play like her.

But also, remember this season was filmed before Second Chances.  Parvati haters, your long national nightmare may soon be over: my prediction is that Kelley Wentworth is going to be the go-to answer in the years to come.

Yeah I think sometimes some contestants just throw her name out there because she is arguably the most well known female player on the show. In this case however the three women on the Beauty tribe do know the game well. They are all big fans of the show and I am inclined to believe that the reason they cite Parvati is because... wait for it... they actually like her and are fans of her. Interestingly enough the three of them attended Andrea Boehlke's "Meet and Greet event" in NYC a few weeks ago and all three of them made sure to get their picture taken with Parvati with Anna captioning one photo with "best night ever". So yeah, I think this is not a case of them just throwing her name out there.

• Love 3

Joe is definitely a pre show fave of mine! Going into tonight, I like Julia, Scot, Kyle, Darnell, Tai, and Aubrey, along with Joe. On the fence with Cydney, Neil, and Michele, who seems to be kind of a big fave and getting fan fare. We'll see after tonight! May not get to watch live but I'll look forward to everyone's comments!

Has the fanfare for this season been quieter than normal? I know why the last couple seasons got a lot of hype, but I feel like even before that seasons were getting more hype from Jeff and the media circuit.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
LanceM, on 17 Feb 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

They are all big fans of the show and I am inclined to believe that the reason they cite Parvati is because... wait for it... they actually like her and are fans of her.

Yeah, I mean that would be my reason too!  I'm just saying, you know, everybody says Parvati, it doesn't really say anything about how they're going to play.

(Of course, the idea that "Parvati = stupid flirting" is bizarre and ridiculous to begin with.  I'm not even going to get into it.)

• Love 1

Next week: looks like Jason becomes an even bigger ass when it comes to finding the idol.  Again, I see why his wife is already throwing out the 'bullying is going to be overused and misused a lot this season' defense already.

Will Brawn finally win a challenge?  Wondering if that's where the Joe/Debbie strategizing is coming from.  

I don't want brawn to lose because that means Alecia is going to get the boot.

And yes, I would like to see what is happening on the other tribes.  I'd like to think it isn't as obvious over on brains with Debbie or Joe being the perspective boot.

• Love 1

I don't want brawn to lose because that means Alecia is going to get the boot.

Another reason I really don't want Brawn to lose!

Could be a swap next week to balance the tribes???

When did they go down to 2 tribes in Cagayan? I assume they'll switch up around the same time this season.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Not sure what topic I should post this in, but if this is the wrong one maybe a mod could move it where it should be?  Now that we are into jury members being assembled with vote offs....are they not going to show any Ponderosa footage this season?  If they are I haven't been able to find it.  Anyone know?

>blushing furiously<    I'm old, what else can I say?  I am currently catching up on some of the earlier seasons I never saw before.  Currently I'm on Season 5 and THEY are into jury selection now.  LOL  I got my seasons mixed up when I posted that here.  You know how easily confused old folks can get.  

• Love 3

>blushing furiously<    I'm old, what else can I say?  I am currently catching up on some of the earlier seasons I never saw before.  Currently I'm on Season 5 and THEY are into jury selection now.  LOL  I got my seasons mixed up when I posted that here.  You know how easily confused old folks can get.  

You seem adorable to me hehe :P

• Love 1

How soon can we start speculating about who gets medical attention next week? I wasn't paying close enough attention with the teaser. I think the three tribes are still intact, though. Oh, and Tai's crying, but that's probably his thing, and he's okay. I hope he goes far and doesn't become a headache.

(edited)

How soon can we start speculating about who gets medical attention next week? I wasn't paying close enough attention with the teaser. I think the three tribes are still intact, though. Oh, and Tai's crying, but that's probably his thing, and he's okay. I hope he goes far and doesn't become a headache.

It looked like all 3 tribes were still together (I think we were speculating that the swaps usually happen around episode 5, although if brawn had lost again tonight maybe it would have happened next week).  At first I thought the medics were working on Tai, but someone was clearly on the ground (looks like the same thing that happened to Joe last season might be what happens here).  Tai seems like the only one out there who would get upset over anyone collapsing, but he was also leaning on someone's shoulder during what appeared to be the chaos.  So I'm thinking Tai is good and it is someone else.

From what few seconds we saw of that challenge, it looked brutal. 

ETA: Okay, I went back and watched and Jeff plus some of the medics were sitting next to Tai, and Jeff was asking for water.  Tai was still conscious, so I don't believe he is the one getting medevaced (plus the shorts of the person that is seen on the ground don't match his).  

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

there are several people down but the most serious needing IV is caleb.

What makes you think that?

I looked at the press images

And from this one you can tell it's 100% a male.

I still think it's probably Joe, but maybe Peter. In this cap you can see Peter's knees near Jeff and it looks like he's lying down. But it seems like Jeff is tending to someone else at the time, which is another thing pointing to Joe since he'd be near Peter as they're on the same tribe.

What makes you think that?

I looked at the press images

And from this one you can tell it's 100% a male.

I still think it's probably Joe, but maybe Peter. In this cap you can see Peter's knees near Jeff and it looks like he's lying down. But it seems like Jeff is tending to someone else at the time, which is another thing pointing to Joe since he'd be near Peter as they're on the same tribe.

It's DEBBIE lying down next to Peter. Not Joe. You can see her swimsuit.

It's DEBBIE lying down next to Peter. Not Joe. You can see her swimsuit.

I don't see Debbie's swimsuit at all.

In any case I feel pretty sure it's Joe that's going to get med evaced. I'm almost certain it's a Brains member and Joe seems a likely bet to me based on his age and the look of the arm we see getting an iv. Maybe several of them have some health issues during this challenge though.

(edited)
n any case I feel pretty sure it's Joe that's going to get med evaced. I'm almost certain it's a Brains member and Joe seems a likely bet to me based on his age and the look of the arm we see getting an iv. Maybe several of them have some health issues during this challenge though.

I see that image that peachmangosteen shared as someone with their arm over/framing their head with the oxygen clip on the finger, the buff on the forehead...and reddish/brownish hair coming out from the buff and lying on the sand.  The most un-Joe-like hair possible!  And isn't Joe tanner than that?  but I can't imagine who it is then!

Apologies, I didn't realize the difference between the promos and press images, so I have now spoiler-tagged what I talk about below based on the press image peachmangosteen shared.

After watching the lastest promo peachmangosteen shared which definitely shows Debbie and Cydney as two of the people down, and websearching photos of Debbie, I think she has very large sturdy hands and the oxygen meter is on Debbie.  That doesn't mean she's the medevaced one though (as she is wearing pink/black/white bathing suit plus buff in all those scenes and the person on the stretcher seems to be in black).

Edited by Jobiska
(edited)

That doesn't mean she's the medevaced one though (as she is wearing pink/black/white bathing suit plus buff in all those scenes and the person on the stretcher seems to be in black).

This is related to the press images and I'm not sure if they're considered spoilers so just in case I'll tag it.

I was speccing Joe after the first promo, but I think the press images basically prove it's him. The person on the stretcher is pretty clearly a man wearing black shorts and from one of the other pics you can see Joe wearing black shorts. I can't recall if anyone else has black shorts on.

• Love 1

This is related to the press images and I'm not sure if they're considered spoilers so just in case I'll tag it.

I was speccing Joe after the first promo, but I think the press images basically prove it's him. The person on the stretcher is pretty clearly a man wearing black shorts and from one of the other pics you can see Joe wearing black shorts. I can't recall if anyone else has black shorts on.

Actually, that was the first thing I had noticed about that image. :) Upon reflection, however, it occurred to me that

if heat stroke was a potential concern, Medical may have draped the patient in wet wraps or towels to lower the body's core temperature (or at least keep it from rising). So what I also initially thought were black shorts may actually be wet dark towels draped around the torso

• Love 1

Nashville is corret. there was a press photo where you see the gurney being rushed to the site, and 

there are black blankets on the gurney. It's most likely the person I really don't wanna see go yet :(