Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Previews and Speculation

Way Wes Jr
  • Start Topic

So based on that clip I am going to bet Peter told Julia that he wanted to take Joe out and Julia relayed this info to Joe which leads to those having a confrontation (and hopefully Peter getting voted out).

Oh and is there any doubt that "model" will appear as Debbie's profession next week?.

• Love 1

Got this off redditt and thought it was interesting, it is speculation based on some vague comments  and there are some arguments against. I do think Alecia got on Suvivor because her Dad probably knows Burnett and while they have given some (lame) reasoning for her placement ("she has been around Brawn all her life") they have not for Tai or Debbie. And Debbie does have a degree in Chemistry?  I think? 

One person in each tribe is in the wrong tribe as a sort of social experiment. Some of the survivors such as Caleb and Jason alluded to it already; Tai is supposed to be in brains, Debbie in brawn, and Alecia in Beauty. I could be wrong and it might be Joe instead of Debbie, but this is all just specualtion anyways. They are also the last three on the Cast list on CBS, sp00ky.

Putting Alecia on the Beauty tribe would make the whole tribe a bunch of white people.  Survivor has pushed its narrow view of beauty before and putting Tai on Beauty looks more politically correct (I know it sounds cynical.  I'm a minority myself).  I agree that Alecia is very pretty, but this stuff is so subjective.  I really do not find Anna and the other brunette on Beauty attractive at all.   I think people are thinking too much of it.  What is the social experiment supposed to prove anyway?  Alecia's gone, so the next to go are Debbie and Tai to prove that the tribes weed out the ones who are different?  That's been proved by this show every season.  Also, the original tribes are swapped up now.

Maybe Debbie is 'smart' in some kind of way; I don't really doubt she is.  So far I doubt it about Joe though.  I wonder if Tai is book smart or perhaps artistic, or perhaps savvy.  

Remember Cagayan.  A lot of people laughed at Brice being on the Beauty tribe but the truth is he brings more diversity to that tribe and (I don't know him well, obviously) but where else are you going to put him?  Woo is possibly the most beautiful person I have ever seen on the show, yet he was put on Brawn because the Survivor producers probably don't understand that an Asian person could be attractive (I'm not kidding).  They'd probably even put goddamn Brenda on the Brawn tribe for being a cheerleader.  Or on the Brains.

I never use the phrase "you're over-thinking this" but in this case I really do think people are over-thinking this.  I'd find it damn insulting if at the Cast Reunion show Jeff does a reveal and says "Psych, we don't actually think Tai is beautiful at all" so that the narrow-minded members of the audience can have a sigh of relief that all is right with the world.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I thought they put Tai on the beauty tribe because he's a gardener so his working life is about caring for and growing beautiful things, plus he seems to be big on seeing the beauty in all things (except Dr. Peter, I guess). I thought they put Woo on the brawn tribe because he is a martial arts instructor. I think Woo, at least, probably self-identified more with brawn than beauty. I think just like with the White/Blue/No Collar season, they strongly take into account what people do for a living when they're trying to parse out who goes on Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty, particularly if they have a "non-neutral" job that points to one over the others or a job that is stereotypically thought of as brawny, beautiful, or brainy. Dr. Peter and Liz -- at least according to Dr. Peter -- are two of the most beautiful people, supposedly, this season, but they were both put on Brains because of their jobs and (particularly in Liz's case) educational pedigree.

Anybody else feel a wave of nausea seeing Scot and Jason together in the preview? Unless the show is changing things up, we're going to be stuck with at least one of those losers for the long run.

• Love 3

Anybody else feel a wave of nausea seeing Scot and Jason together in the preview? Unless the show is changing things up, we're going to be stuck with at least one of those losers for the long run.

That plus Nick on the same beach made me question even tuning in next week.  Between Jason's "shoving geeks in lockers" and Nick's bragging about this being "our game" I hope one of them voted off next week, with the other two following.

• Love 1

So the merge is four brain, four beauty and three brawn.

Joe seems like the type who would take Aubry's flip-flop as a complete betrayal and refuse to work with her ever again, though the fact that he disliked and distrusted Peter anyway might calm him down.  Regardless, it makes sense for the four brains to stick together.  The beauty are more fractured, though they could stick together out of mutual necessity, especially if the brains are a united front.  That leaves Scot, Cydney and Jason as the swing votes, with Scot probably leaning to the beauty side due to his friendship with Tai.  If the brawns were smart, they could potentially swing between both sides all the way to the final three, though that would be awfully tough to manage.

My guess is this is going to be a women-dominated post-merge because the editors keep hammering the, "I want a woman to win," and most of the guys are jerks/under-edited. 

I have been thinking this for while but this episode really made me believe this is definitely what will happen.

And I actually think Debbie might be the winner. This is two eps in a row where they've had her say she wants a woman to win. And despite the fact that she's been shown in all her kooky glory, she is probably getting the best game-play edit.

But there's also a part of me that still thinks Julia or Michele is the winner. They were my picks in the first ep. With them seeming to be friends with Scot/Jason I fear that those 4 might team up and get far together.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I think it is pretty clear to  me that  a woman is going to win this season but I don't think it will be Debbie it is going to Michele. the fact that they spent most of the edit on the Blue tribe on Michele is a big indicator to me that she is one to watch out for in this game.  If not her though my second choice would be Cydney.

• Love 3

I'm thinking Michele too. Debbie's too way out in front. I was reading some comments that pointed out that it was odd that instead of focusing on Julia adjusting to her new tribe, they put the focus on Michele bumbling a relatively pointless reward challenge. That's the type of thing you watch out from the editors, focusing on someone they normally wouldn't give time to.

Either way, all the winning candidates seem to be women: Debbie, Michele, Cydney, Aubrey. I can't remember a season where so many guys seem to be non-factors so I won't be surprised if a women's alliance pops up to take most of them out, and the last half of the game is mostly females. 

Either way, all the winning candidates seem to be women: Debbie, Michele, Cydney, Aubrey. I can't remember a season where so many guys seem to be non-factors so I won't be surprised if a women's alliance pops up to take most of them out, and the last half of the game is mostly females. 

Plus Tai! (A girl can dream.)

The men this season, minus Tai, are all coming across as unbearable. I like Joe, too, but he doesn't seem to be for everyone. Unless one of them suddenly gets a rosy edit I don't think they will win. Nick, Jason, and Scot are horrible, and Neal isn't much better.

• Love 1

I personally don't find Peter, Neal, or Nick at all objectionable (yet).  So at least they're not unredeemable, objectively awful people like we've seen in past seasons or like we've seen in Scot and Jason (IMO).  I think when it comes to people like these guys, plus Joe, it's more of a matter of taste or personality issues rather than over the top asshole.  I admit me not loving Joe is a taste thing.  He hasn't shown himself to be a real asshole, just annoys me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I won't be surprised if a women's alliance pops up to take most of them out, and the last half of the game is mostly females. 

I pray for this!

I do definitely think a woman is winning, but I don't really see a women's alliance forming. I just can't see them coming together like that. Right now I think it's probably going to be Brawn plus Julia/Michele joining up and then Julia or Michele winning.

I think the women's alliance is a possibility because there was a lot of focus on the women's alliance on the Beauty tribe. A lot of positive talk about how strong they were and how together they were. We know Michele and Julia are connected. Then they gave us a scene showing Debbie and Cydney are connected. Then this week a scene with Michele and Debbie coming together. So it's not that far from Debbie/Cydney/Michele/Julia all working together. I don't know if Aubrey could get in that, but push came to shove, she decided to keep Julia over a guy. 

• Love 1

I think the women's alliance is a possibility because there was a lot of focus on the women's alliance on the Beauty tribe. A lot of positive talk about how strong they were and how together they were. We know Michele and Julia are connected. Then they gave us a scene showing Debbie and Cydney are connected. Then this week a scene with Michele and Debbie coming together. So it's not that far from Debbie/Cydney/Michele/Julia all working together.

When you put it that way it does seem like a real possibility.

Too bad that all the idols are with men. That might really kill any potential for a women's alliance.

It could be Jeff with a medical thing.

It could break down like this.  After the IC, one person is held back to get looked at by medical while everyone else is sent back to camp.  Said person gets pulled from the game.  Jeff then goes to camp to inform the rest of the players of what happened, and that TC is cancelled because it's no longer necessary.

As I recall, that's how it went down when Joe was evacuated in Tocantins.  So there is a precedent.

Oh yes that does make sense.

I do believe we have another med evac coming, but if I recall correctly the preview for the season showed it happening at night, so I don't think this is it. Of course there could be another med evac that they just didn't use in that preview.

There's some spec elsewhere that there will be a new twist where they get to negate a jury member, but I don't know why Jeff would randomly come to their beach

to tell them that.

Challenge preview:

OK wait I think they might have screwed up with this. There are only 10 spots in that challenge which isn't enough. Although I guess potentially there could be a med evac before the challenge. But in the press images for this ep another challenge is shown and I doubt they'd have a RC and IC. 

Can't wait for tonight, my friends!

This is that awkward week or so in between shows like The Bachelor, Younger ending and the real baseball season starting, so it feels like a very bare week with only Survivor to look forward too.

God I'm spoiled

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I am looking forward to someone I dont like being evac'd tonite.

I am also looking forward to the Final Four in NCAA basketball. 

There are already some Bacherette spoilers and all I can say is that I am looking forward to B in Paradise.

What are the odds that Cydney would turn on Scot and Jason? I really need something to get me to keep watching this turkey of a season.

I can't see it happening, but Cydney is a bit of cipher so who knows. I don't trust the promo though. I suspect Cydney will just keep voting however Scot/Jason tell her to.

The edit this season is weird. I feel like I've been saying that for most recent seasons but still!

• Love 1

I noted this in another thread, but right now it looks like the Brawns + Julia + Tai alliance may have this thing just about wrapped up --- even if Nick/Michele target them now, it's still 5v5 and Jason and Tai both have idols.  The only question would be if Julia flips (rejoining Michele?) and Scot is wrong about her being "devoted to them because we saved her" or whatever that B.S. was all about.

Of course, the constant medivac threat hanging over this season is making it really hard to predict things.

Of course, the constant medivac threat hanging over this season is making it really hard to predict things.

So true. Based on the initial promo for the season we know there's at least one more medevac left. 

I'm still waiting for the Beauty Gals alliance to pop back up again. I just can't understand why they would've focused on it so much in the beginning for it to just completely fizzle and have no impact whatsoever on the post merge game.

(edited)

I'm still waiting for the Beauty Gals alliance to pop back up again. I just can't understand why they would've focused on it so much in the beginning for it to just completely fizzle and have no impact whatsoever on the post merge game.

I thought they focused on it, and only briefly, to offer a counterpoise against the ugliness of what was going on over at Brawn. They showed Caleb and Tai getting along, the Beauty girls aligning, and then the main focus of what seemed eternity in the early eps was ugly interchanges and squawling (ow, me ear! etc) over at Brawn.

And also to provide a bit of tension in the scenario of what if Beauty go to Tribal tonight/this ep - then Tai etc might be on the chopping block.

It never meant much to me - but I can see the possibility of a mixed tribe all-women's alliance forming somewhere down the track, or shortly.

Edited by violet and green
(edited)

I'm gonna be so pissed if they tease me with a women's alliance only for TC to end with one of them women getting idoled out.

But I can't really figure out what could happen at TC that would 'surprise [the audience].' Unless the editing is just worse than usual so it's hard to determine who will actually go.

(edited)

Yea I think that's probably it, but I don't really see that as surprising the audience. It's not like we don't know there's a super idol. Although I guess it would surprise me if either Tai or Jason actually used their idol to save someone other than themselves.

(edited)

Yea I think that's probably it, but I don't really see that as surprising the audience. It's not like we don't know there's a super idol. Although I guess it would surprise me if either Tai or Jason actually used their idol to save someone other than themselves.

I would be surprised if Kyle did, but not Tai. I think Tai would have already used his idol to save someone if Scot hadn't dissuaded him. I think he's even more likely to use it to save someone in the dipshit alliance if Scot sweet talks him. Tai's obsession with dudes with muscles will be his undoing, first Caleb and now Scot. Once he's dumb enough to play it the way Scot tells him to, he will be disposable to them. I'm especially convinced that the super idol gets played this season because of the many times both Kyle and Scot have mentioned it. 

Edited by azshadowwalker

The new preview starts with a medical evacuation or so it seems.  Is this an old clip from a previous episode they added to create drama or is there one expected?  I ask because real life has kept me too busy to keep track of spoilers more than reading here.