Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A Stray Howl

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Not a bad episode, I thought.  Just shut your brain off and enjoy.

I'm guessing Taylor Shaw was a 5-to-8 year old girl, unless Jane is remarkably well preserved.

Tech Girl and Not CCH Pounder are my favorite characters, so far.  Can't remember their names.

And every time I see Kurt, I keep thinking that there's some sort of ranch somewhere that breeds and raises grizzled, broody, stubbly, white men to play same.

And when the house exploded at the beginning, I let out a laugh.  It  wasn't funny, but it was so unexpected, I couldn't help.

I could have done without the repeated flashbacks of Jane shooting the nun/probable spy in the head.  I mean, shit, show!

Was the fact that a Chevy Suburban could take an entire clip from a high-powered machine gun and still run afterwards supposed to be product placement?

Of course.  It's TV show made in the early 21st century - all shows and movies are blatant hour or two hour commercials.

• Love 4

I'd have a lot of respect for the show if Jane is in fact Taylor Shaw and the mystery will be who took her and turned her into an assassin. Which is what I'm guessing she is from her Nun kill. 

This show isn't ground breaking but it's entertaining enough for me to keep tuning in. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 11

Of course.  It's TV show made in the early 21st century - all shows and movies are blatant hour or two hour commercials.

Yeah, but usually it's a show-and-tell about the hands-free features and fuel efficiency, not about the resiliency of the engine to bullets.

• Love 4

I'd take that kind of product placement over characters randomly spewing out the specs and the fuel efficiency on the car while chasing down bad guys. 

Weller was 10, so I can go with TaylorJane being 8 or so when she disappeared. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

And when the house exploded at the beginning, I let out a laugh.  It  wasn't funny, but it was so unexpected, I couldn't help.

I did that when the second drone strike happened because it was so predictable.  Like "cue the attack in 3, 2, 1..."

Also cracked up when Jane actually fought her way into another person's house again and tore up their shit.  And of course, Weller asks her if she's OK.  He said that a lot tonight, didn't he?  At least he does feel that he has a personal bond to her, but they were overdoing it again on the long gazes.  These two could teach a class in eye f*cking.

Glad that Rob Brown (don't remember his name) is showing some skepticism about Jane.  Don't these agents have any other cases to work on?  All of a sudden, every case they have is linked to one of Jane's tattoos?

• Love 5

Glad that Rob Brown (don't remember his name) is showing some skepticism about Jane.

He seems to be the 1 character so far that seems to be trying to have a personality beyond super serious/barking orders like the other characters sans Jane Doe.

Oh I knew, there had to be some action sequence, either Jane was going to kick ass or vice versa or something was going to happen to said person, the later was true.

• Love 1

I get how the first tattoo led to this tattoo (though I still don't know how they knew last weeks tattoo was the one they should do first) but how could anyone predict what would happen when they went to that address? What if he didn't blow up his house or kidnap the girl, what would the tattoo have to do with anything then?

• Love 1
Glad that Rob Brown (don't remember his name) is showing some skepticism about Jane.  Don't these agents have any other cases to work on?  All of a sudden, every case they have is linked to one of Jane's tattoos?

Did Agent in Charge make them into a task force? I honestly don't remember. I, too, appreciate his skepticism, but I feel like the writing is stacked against him. I kept waiting for him to say, "Maybe we should investigate a little bit before we go charging in like bulls in a china shop," but that never happened.

Sullivan Stapleton is working hard to bite back his accent, isn't he?

I like that the show is attempting a bit of realism with regard to Jane's confusion, but, I dunno, there's something about it that is too much. Jane seems like she's going to mentally fall to pieces at any moment. I like when she goes into Super Special Ops mode, but then she snaps out of it and immediately goes frazzled. 

Also, the "someone interrupt right as Jane is having a breakthrough!" device is going to get old very quickly.  Like, 30 minutes ago, quick.

Edited by DEM
  • Love 7

I get how the first tattoo led to this tattoo (though I still don't know how they knew last weeks tattoo was the one they should do first) but how could anyone predict what would happen when they went to that address? What if he didn't blow up his house or kidnap the girl, what would the tattoo have to do with anything then?

Plot convenience, the same with all the other tattoo people who are suddenly relevant at a given time when they arrive at said locations.

Also, the "someone interrupt right as Jane is having a breakthrough!" device is going to get old very quickly.  Like, 30 minutes ago, quick.

Agreed, that and I can already see a formula within the episodes: Investigate tattoo, leads to location, Weller brings Jane along yet tells her to stay put even though she'll just kick ass in the next scene, followed by the same flashbacks littered throughout the episode, etc.

• Love 3

This episode was worse than the pilot. The acting is generally terrible except for boss lady, tech girl, black agent basically, although that might in part be the writing. The lines they give lead agent are generally terrible and he appears to be making them all SERIOUS! I thought this episode was barely entertaining and I mostly was ok with the pilot. Not a good sign that this was less entertaining.

Huh it wasn't quite over. The lead is really bad. Cringeworthy. Like I can't believe this is network television bad.

Edited by ljp
  • Love 3

Definitely could tell there was a few things that were changed around from the pilot.  Frank is still mainly dull, but they at least gave him a few amusing lines and he's now more supportive of Jane.  Meanwhile, Rob Brown's has gone from just the guy in the background with one-liners, and seems to be the skeptic of the group.  I just hope they keep it that way, and don't suddenly have him be a flat-out bad guy for daring to question the tattoos.  I think that only leaves the other female agent (the one who is not the tech girl/played by Ashley Johnson), who seems to be just there.  Well, I guess we do find out she apparently has a real black & white view about things.  I would think being in the FBI would make someone realize sometimes it isn't as simple as "bad guys do bad things" and "good guys stop them", and that there are grey areas at time, but I guess she proved me wrong.

Even though it would be cliched as hell that they knew each other from the past, I actually hope Jane does end up being Tanya, so we can just go ahead and put all that to bed.  And I guess it would make sense why she singled out Frank, if they had known each other from the past.  At the same time, I'm not sure I really want to see more about Frank's family, which is already boring me.  Although I did crack up over seeing Jordana "Mob Doctor" Spiro in this.

Case of the week went through the motions.  Just once, I would love it when the team splits up, the "Team B" finds the bad guy and saves the day.  It would have been hilarious if Frank and Jane got to their place, only to get a call from Rob Brown and the other lady, and they're like "We got him!  Time to pack it up!"  But I guess then we wouldn't get shoot-outs and car chases.

For a second, I thought they were going to already do an episode without a full shot of Tattooed Jane, but then final scene came, when Jane strips down for a shower. You had me fooled, Blindspot!  But I'm sure you'll get as much of Jaimie Alexander's body as you can, until she gets tired of spending hours in the make-up chair, and then it's all patent later Prison Break seasons Michael Schofield turtle necks and long sleeve shirts for her!

So, the big flashback this time is that Jane killed someone dressed like a nun (?), and took some kind of flashdrive.  I'm guessing that maybe she wasn't a SEAL, but some kind of secret agent or assassin instead?  Hell, I wonder if the writers even have that planned out, or just making it up on the spot.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

And Soldering Iron never ever brings backup. There are literally hundreds of Special Agents in the NY Field Office [and a 40+ member SWAT team], but they were way too busy to help on a breaking terrorism case blowing up people right and left.

I missed some of this week's scene of chop-socky; why was she practicing on the victim?

And post-crash, of course Soldering Iron *IGNORES* the still-armed suspect and runs to help out the babe first.

[sorry: whenever I see "Weller" I think soldering...]

Edited by Syme

Even though it would be cliched as hell that they new each other from the past, I actually hope Jane does end up being Tanya, so we can just go ahead and put all that to bed.

Same and that's just to get this part over with.

Hell, I wonder if the writers even have that planned out, or just making it up on the spot.

Probably making it up, I do think there's going to be changes along the way.

Was the fact that a Chevy Suburban could take an entire clip from a high-powered machine gun and still run afterwards supposed to be product placement?

Point of fact. Suburbans are the most frequently armoured-up vehicles used by the USG. The reason is simple, the armour adds a LOT of weight to a vehicle. The Suburban can be ordered with a slew of suspension, wheel and brake upgrades from the truck side of GM, to handle that heavy load. It also can have engines and transmissions to match.

As for whether or not it would run afterward....it depends on what he hit. I can guarantee the wipers were trashed, however.

• Love 2

This episode was worse than the pilot. The acting is generally terrible except for boss lady, tech girl, black agent basically, although that might in part be the writing. The lines they give lead agent are generally terrible and he appears to be making them all SERIOUS! I thought this episode was barely entertaining and I mostly was ok with the pilot. Not a good sign that this was less entertaining.

Huh it wasn't quite over. The lead is really bad. Cringeworthy. Like I can't believe this is network television bad.

Oh my gosh.  I so agree with this.  The two leads are terrible. 

Are you ok, Jane?  Long gaze, trembling lip.  

Yeah, I like Tech girl and and whoever was showing Jane the Rohrschachs in the beginning. 

That's about it.

And who couldn't tell that nun would turn out not to be a nun. 

Am I a bad person?  Trembling lip. Oh no, Jane, you couldn't be a bad person.  

Cringeworthy.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 3

Cringeworthy.

They could stand to work on their subtlety, that's for sure.  They're really forcing the idea that Jane feels bad and we should feel bad for her.  Yes, she's obviously regretful, but she's also looking at the situation without any memory of why she shot the nun.  The person could have been a murderous spy or a harmless civilian.  At any rate, Weller certainly won't take her to task for it.  Which is why I can't fault Agent Ramirez (Rob Brown) for being skeptical about the whole thing.  

Weller is compromised because he assumes that Jane is his childhood friend and couldn't have possibly done any harm to anyone.  But even if she is Taylor Shaw, Weller has no idea of the person Jane has become in the 25 years she's been gone.  I hope Mayfair will talk to Weller about being more objective about the situation, because it sucks that Ramirez is the only one who's willing to discuss it.

• Love 4

This show obviously thinks its audience is dumb. We don't need constant flashbacks of a shot we just saw 10 minutes ago. We get it, Jane killed someone and now she is struggling with whether she is good or bad.

And that Sullivan Stapleton is so clearly struggling with the dialogue. The way he delivers some of his lines is very odd. Directors need to call him out on it. Get him a dialogue coach.

Jane's wide eyed expression when she talks to Weller makes her look like she on the verge of kissing him at any minute. It's too much for the second episode.

• Love 6

Cringeworthy.

As if the constant flashbacks cut with Jane's sad face several times wasn't blatant enough.

This show obviously thinks its audience is dumb. We don't need constant flashbacks of a shot we just saw 10 minutes ago. We get it, Jane killed someone and now she is struggling with whether she is good or bad.

I wonder if they're going to keep doing that each episode, because it's already annoying 2 episodes in.

And that Sullivan Stapleton is so clearly struggling with the dialogue. The way he delivers some of his lines is very odd. Directors need to call him out on it. Get him a dialogue coach.

It doesn't help that his character is stuck in Mr. Gruff Serious all the time, which only makes it stick out even more.

• Love 1

I like that the show is attempting a bit of realism with regard to Jane's confusion, but, I dunno, there's something about it that is too much. Jane seems like she's going to mentally fall to pieces at any moment. I like when she goes into Super Special Ops mode, but then she snaps out of it and immediately goes frazzled. 

IIRC, Mayfair said Chao died "just last night" which means this episode took place only a day after the events of the pilot.  If that is the case, then I could see Jane still being rattled at her new-found skills.

• Love 1

Episode 2 are often a redux of the pilot, so I'm not surprised that some bases were stressed again (Jane's am I good or bad thing, for example). I think there might be a shift in episode 3. I expect to see more of the team, for example. I really like Patterson (the tech girl).

Obviously, since it was the main focus here again, the relationship (whatever its nature) between Jane and Weller is supposed to be central to the show, and in that respect I liked that the writers actually try to establish that relationship imo beyond some "attractive male and female are thrown together and investigating crimes" by creating links between them. Plot-wise, I liked the Taylor Shaw twist and I'm crossing my fingers so that the resolution that was promised this year will start with this one. Character-wise, I liked that they stopped the "you can't come with us" dance early on and also that they show Jane and Weller as getting close. I find Weller less why-so-serious and more likeable with her, he shows more emotions and actually smiled (!); it did better for him in my eyes than his interaction with his family. l dread the secret keeping-Big Misunderstanding kind of dragging plots so I hope that Jane will go on confiding in him, with more specifics.

The show is going for "intense" in tone, definitely, hence the pathos in Jane and Weller's characterizations (sad eyes, gruff) and backstory imo. I don't expect a quips festival type of comedy but at times I feel that every character -and I- need a shoulder rub at the end of the episode after being so tense all the time. A show that takes itself too seriously is quickly exhausting to watch imo. So a bit of relaxing and more smiles here and there would be welcome.

• Love 2

Shaky Cam is still here. Ugh.

Skeptical Black Agent can stay, because someone on this team needs some sense. Tech Girl is the typical techie trope that's on at least a dozen other shows, but she's likeable.

It actually might be interesting if Jane is the missing girl and they try and piece together her identity from childhood, but I'm 99% sure the DNA tests will not be a match next week. So she's an assassin? Surprised that they had BeardGuy meet up with Jane so quickly. I guess they want to move things along fast, but I wouldn't have minded if that reveal came a little later.

They really seem committed to this being action-heavy. Is there going to be a 'Jane beats up someone' scene each episode?

This thing where they take Jane with them hoping that she or someone else remembers is almost exactly like 'take Chuck and see if he flashes' on Chuck.

Line of the episode:

Jane: "Can't I just kick the door down? It didn't look that strong...."

For a second, I thought they were going to already do an episode without a full shot of Tattooed Jane, but then final scene came, when Jane strips down for a shower. You had me fooled, Blindspot!  But I'm sure you'll get as much of Jaimie Alexander's body as you can, until she gets tired of spending hours in the make-up chair, and then it's all patent later Prison Break seasons Michael Schofield turtle necks and long sleeve shirts for her!

Heh. But at least on PB, they designed the tattoo so that he could wear regular (long-sleeve) shirts and the entire tattoo would be "covered". Here, Jane has tattoos on her neck and past her wrists, so those will always have to show.

Case of the week went through the motions.

Seriously, how many times are they gonna have the lead guy go through the door only to have Stay Outta the Way Jane actually handle the bad guy?  

And why did the second pilot guy (who came home while they were knocking on his door) flee and get all fighty?  He wasn't some low-rent perp fleeing the cops, he was an officer following orders.  If the FBI is trying to shake him down for details he can't talk about, a simple 'call this number' should be enough to sort this out.  

I must have been too nauseated by shaky-cam to get this, but what was the deal with the drone control thing?  Weird Drone Guy kidnapped a girl and got some lab tech to help him hijack the drone controls, got that, but why was this a problem after the Air Force figured out what was going on?  Surely Weird Drone Guy still needs the hijacked uplink to the drone to make the drone kill people, so why not just pull the plug?  If WDG doesn't need the Air Force uplink anymore to control the drone, why kidnap the little girl in the first place? 

And about Tech with Kidnapped Child - isn't he in a bit of trouble?  We see him at the end just hugging his kid but his actions (forced or not) got people killed.  Figured he might have some 'splaining to do.  Also thought it was fishy that he went along with the plan at all - what're the chances that WDG is just gonna let your kid go after you help him kill some folks?  Calling the cops right away is probably your best option.  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

I'm having a real problem with last week's tattoo being the code breaker for this week's. They should have come up with an valid reason for starting on the tattoo behind her ear in the pilot because it seemed completely arbitrary to me, which means that they shouldn't have been able to break the code this week. And then of course whatever bad thing the tattoo is about is happening right now, so of course if they hadn't started with the right tattoo whatever it is would happen. 

This probably isn't a big deal but it bugged me: I get that Weller cares about Jane (so you can relax, show), especially with the revelation that she might be Taylor (which sounded like Tara to me, when Weller first said it; forgot to turn on the closed captioning tonight), but I wish he would prioritize better. When he showed up at the car accident, he ran straight past the suspect's car to Jane, and spent too much time helping her out and making sure she was OK. How about the suspect, dude? Maybe detain him first and wait for backup? Luckily the suspect waited for them to finish having their moment before stumbling out of his car.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're possibly solving who she really is so early, but it's goofy. That Weller knew her (and is still angsting over the ordeal; played by a different actor, I may not have laughed), that his dying father is the one who was blamed for her kidnapping (and goes to her memorial service? Did I understand that correctly?). Small world. But at least that may be why there's something between those two, not just that they're the main male and female and therefore must be paired off (though I'm sure they will be).

I don't usually watch this kind of show (I think the only similar one I watched was Flashpoint) so I'm not having the issue of comparing it to other shows. I'm mildly entertained and intrigued about Jane and these tattoos/amnesia, but the "Are you OK, Jane???" stuff has already gotten old (though I'm trying to keep in mind that it hasn't been that long in-series, and therefore makes sense). Again, I get that there's a connection between Weller and Jane but switch it up, have the other characters check up on her, too. And I wish there was more personality and pleasantries between the FBI characters. They act like they clock in and out and that's it. Ramirez (?) had a quip in the pilot, at least.

• Love 3

Well, I was surprised about the amount of answers they already dished out. Pretty sure Jane is Taylor - it's a great twist that resolves a lot of issues people had with the pilot. And one tattoo unlocking the next one is answering the question 'how will they know which tattoo is going to be relevant next' - it does however not answer the question how they got the first one right.

Somebody skeptical on the team does help to keep the plot somewhat grounded - another plus in this episode.

Bearded guy showing up in the end was a good cliffhanger - show's not afraid to advance the plot.

Not sure we need to see Jane beating someone up or handling guns to know her muscle memory is working. One look at her immaculate eyeliner is conveying the very same message. I realize that fight scenes are in this show's DNA but some variation in context would be helpful.

PS: What an odd coincidence that the black ops drone program HQ was located in the same building as the FBI.

• Love 3

I'm having a real problem with last week's tattoo being the code breaker for this week's. They should have come up with an valid reason for starting on the tattoo behind her ear in the pilot because it seemed completely arbitrary to me, which means that they shouldn't have been able to break the code this week. And then of course whatever bad thing the tattoo is about is happening right now, so of course if they hadn't started with the right tattoo whatever it is would happen. 

I believe the idea here is that the first clue was the only one on her body that was not encoded, it was just in a weird Chinese dialect that only Jane could decipher.

• Love 5

I believe the idea here is that the first clue was the only one on her body that was not encoded, it was just in a weird Chinese dialect that only Jane could decipher.

I think that as well.  All the other tattoos were puzzles and this one got her to at least have some input into what they are.  She pulled the right string to start the unraveling of things.

Jane's wide eyed expression when she talks to Weller makes her look like she on the verge of kissing him at any minute. It's too much for the second episode.

My take on this may be wrong, but on Strike Back he was allowed to improvise a lot and swear.  It's a little thing, but I think this show looks like he has to stick to a script a lot more than he and Philip Winchester did on his other show.  They talk about it in interviews and joke about all the swearing they do.  As he delivers his dialogue I keep expecting a curse word now and again ... which won't happen as this is network tv.   I know actors need to memorize things, but depending on the circumstances, I think some shows/movies want exactly what's written on the page while others allow for some leeway and actor input.

As for they eye fucking that's happening, I still don't see it.  I still don't think the two of them have any kind of chemistry together.

I like that Sully is finally out of a suit.  He does look more comfortable in more casual outfits.

So much action! Boom bang crash. And tense music! Exhausting.

I watched on mute then rewound to listen to the odd bit of actual conversation. The CGI of the burning house seemed funny - they lingered a bit and when the flames died down the house looked undamaged. The Australian guy is awful. The Doctor/Rorschach test guy is better.

As dcinmb mentioned in the pilot thread, written Chinese is common to all spoken dialects, so the 'only Jane could read' thing doesn't make sense.

As for they eye fucking that's happening, I still don't see it.  I still don't think the two of them have any kind of chemistry together.

I don't see it either. Maybe it's because they just don't have any chemistry so it can't even be forced with prolonged staring. 

• Love 1

Seriously, how many times are they gonna have the lead guy go through the door only to have Stay Outta the Way Jane actually handle the bad guy?

Yup, it was like they copied and pasted the same exact scene, right down to the same lines of Weller telling Jane staying out of the way and Jane ending up to be the one kicking the suspect's ass again.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2

I  took a dose of handwavium and decided that Jane knew that the first tattoo was the right one because she was subliminally programmed to glom on to it.  Hey, it makes as much sense as the whole amnesia thing!  :)  I am wondering, though, if beard guy is the one who tattooed her and wiped her memory in the first place, then why suddenly telling her not to trust the FBI?  Didn't he send her to them, special delivery in a bag with a tag, and tattooed Weller's name on her to make sure that he got in on the action?  That needs some 'splaining to me.  Or more handwavium.  Whatever.  Sometimes I just take in the pretty with Jaimie and Sullivan and call it good.  Speaking of Sullivan, I know he is Australian, but he played an American in 'Strike Back' and didn't really have much problem with the accent.  I thought he sounded very believable in that.  Maybe the problem here is that they have the stick shoved up too far, and that makes him all mumbly and hard to understand.  Count me in on believing that Jane is Taylor.  We shall see!

• Love 6

Nobody who has ever been told to stay in the car, stays in the car. The whole issue of the level of her participation in active cases should be clarified immediately. But if they did that, then whole chunks of existing scripts would have to be tossed.

• Love 3

I missed a line or two about Weller's background story on Taylor. Were they close childhood friends? Because for some reason I thought that Taylor was Weller's sister. The actors even have almost the same light greenish/hazel brown eyes, so I think that's why I think that. Same with Jordana Spiro's sister character attending Shaw's memorial.

I guess I don't see why Weller is still messed up about a childhood friend. Everyone has childhood friends that they never see again. However, knowing that her disappearance caused their family to fall apart makes total sense. But then why would Weller go to memorials for her? And why would Taylor/Jane still obsess, keep tabs on Weller as an adult? Someone had to know of Weller and Taylor's connection as children, but why him? She must have had other friends, people she knew later in life.

Could the bearded guy be Taylor's dad also? Or related to her somehow?

Guess the show can't be too bad if there are lots of mysteries/questions to ask about it.

• Love 1

I saw that coming a mile off!

[sorry: whenever I see "Weller" I think soldering...]

<¡Groan!>

• Love 2

I missed a line or two about Weller's background story on Taylor. Were they close childhood friends? Because for some reason I thought that Taylor was Weller's sister. The actors even have almost the same light greenish/hazel brown eyes, so I think that's why I think that. Same with Jordana Spiro's sister character attending Shaw's memorial.

MeeTooo on the confusion. Who is in prison for what again? I'm so hoping they are S&B, as we can skip all the "Is it time to boink, yet?" ....drama.... they keep slathering over everything. [We might get interracial sex and even non-hetrosexual, but there's no way Broadcast Standards will let incest out the door...]

And she can start looking for some other character she wants to show off her tattoos to. The lab tech, but she's seen them already. Who else is there? The big burly EOD guy?

I missed a line or two about Weller's background story on Taylor. Were they close childhood friends?

I guess I don't see why Weller is still messed up about a childhood friend. Everyone has childhood friends that they never see again. However, knowing that her disappearance caused their family to fall apart makes total sense. But then why would Weller go to memorials for her?

From the way the flashback was handled it seems clear that they were pretty close buddies. And she did not just disappear in the sense that they lost contact when she moved away. She must have gone missing with the authorities thinking she became the victim of a crime and is presumed dead. Hence the memorial service. Weller's Dad was apparently the main suspect in her abduction and murder but he was never convicted.

From what his sister (the woman currently stainy in his appartment) said even Weller thought his Dad was guilty and their mother left  because she thought the same. All in all that's enough to mess someone up for good.

In short two of the big mysteries of the pilot Jane's identity and Weller's dark past have been solved in one fell-swoop.

• Love 5

Taylor was a childhood friend of Weller's, she disappeared one day and his dad was the main suspect. He hasn't talked to his dad because he believed he murdered his friend. Now he believes that Jane Doe is Taylor. 

Edited by Sakura12

And every time I see Kurt, I keep thinking that there's some sort of ranch somewhere that breeds and raises grizzled, broody, stubbly, white men to play same.

There is, it's called Australia.

I like that Sully is finally out of a suit.  He does look more comfortable in more casual outfits.

Yeah, the week's worth of stubble down to his collarbone doesn't look so incongruous in an open collared shirt as it does in a jacket and tie. That scene in the pilot where he was handing out assignments looked like they grabbed a hobo from the trainyard and put him in a suit.

• Love 8

It's an annual thing. This is the actual line by Weller's sister: "So Dad called last night. Just wanted to know if you were gonna go back for Taylor's memorial this year."

(Apparently Dad is stubborn and attends this thing just to make a point.)

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4

I'm surprised that Jane Doe has her own apartment and is apparently unmonitored.  I would think that they would put her up in an FBI safe house with 24x7 supervision -- since while she may have no memories, that doesn't mean she hasn't programmed to do other things.

While she did try to tell the Weller about that guy she spotted down the street outside the second pilot's house BEFORE the explosion, why did she not bring it up afterwards ?  Was that explosion one car bomb or three car bombs ?  The bomb (or bombs) were so strong to completely blow off the front and rear wheel assemblies of two of the three cars (yet the tires were sitting right next to where the wheel wells).one car had the engine blow out the front, and yet only the building windows near the main door were busted.  Bombs strong enough to do that kind of damage should have shattered EVERY window facing the explosion -- heck the explosion didn't even break all the windows in the cars -- how does that work ?  How did Gibson know that they were going to be there ?  Has he got a GPS chip implanted in Jane Doe ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I liked it and the twist if she's Taylor. Enjoyed the "can she even drive?" line, it made me laugh because it points out how little they know.

Why would the give Jane a shady looking apartment with no security instead of a safe house that's actually secure? 

• Love 4

I think that was supposed to be the safehouse, if it's only a couple days from the events of the pilot. In that case, Safehouse FAIL.

Then again, it's a TV safehouse, which means it's the least secure location EVER.

• Love 6