Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A Stray Howl

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Tech Girl (I promise to learn character names at some point - I'm pretty sure it's not Waitress in Avengers with an odd amount of screen time)

Tech Girl is indeed Ashley Johnson, for whom Joss Whedon has a soft spot. She was the waitress in Avengers and she appeared in Dollhouse as well. She's best known as Chrissy Seaver from Growing Pains. I am not a fan of hers but I like her in this show, probably because she gets snarky when the non-tech people question her competence. Apparently her name on the show is Patterson.

Tech Girl (I promise to learn character names at some point - I'm pretty sure it's not Waitress in Avengers with an odd amount of screen time) was starting to wear on me. I know it's TV and you get exposition by these folks piece-mealing information, but EVERY TIME, it was

Tech Girl: "Here's an interesting tidbit" "

Agent: "Well that could easily be explained by..."

Tech Girl: "Ya-but, then there's this as well!!!!!"

Just spit it all out! Time is of the essence!

Yes! I'd thought it wasn't possible to create a techie character any more annoying than NCIS's Abby Sciuto, but they've come close with Patterson. If you're going to give me results, just give them to me. I want the information, there's no need for you to be cute about giving it to me.

• Love 2

if we are supposed to think Bearded Guy & Co. Placed the scar on her to make him think she is Taylor.

So this conspiracy is 25 years in the making? What if Weller washed out of Quantico? Did Biff Tannen give a 16 year old Weller the 1999 FBI Exam Almanac?

Edited by paigow

So this conspiracy is 25 years in the making? What if Weller washed out of Quantico? Did Biff Tannen give a 16 year old Weller the 1999 FBI Exam Almanac?

First i wasn't suggesting that was the case but no that wouldn't have been necessary. The point is that if she is not who they think she is they could have found out about the scar and placed a similar one later. Given every other type of information they seem to have who knows.

"Can Jan drive?"  "Of course, she's a Mary Sue -- she can do anything!"

I don't think she's a classic Mary Sue here. A Mary Sue is not only "perfect" but also a viewer projection... an aspiration. This character doesn't play out like a viewer projecting themselves into a story in the last, I think.  

And why would she be any different than a hundred male characters who are advanced "super" characters with crazy abilities?

• Love 2

The whole plot with "She's my missing childhood friend!" made no sense to me - except for having his name tattooed on her back, is there any reason to think the two are connected? But whether they are or not, why is the FBI making such a big deal of running a DNA test? It's not a costless procedure, but if they're putting her up at Government expense and dedicating an FBI task force to investigating her, then the cost of running her DNA is comparatively trivial. And while we're on the subject of FBI attention, could we have a reason why the FBI care so much? Maybe one of her tattoos could say "Presidential assassination" (it wouldn't even need to turn out to be the US President) "Nerve agent" or "Terrorist Attack" which might justify all the attention they're lavishing on her.

kariyaki Was the fact that a Chevy Suburban could take an entire clip from a high-powered machine gun and still run afterwards supposed to be product placement?... usually it's... not about the resiliency of the engine to bullets.

Maybe that's a new untapped market that Chevrolet wants to exploit!

thuganomics85  Well, I guess we do find out she apparently has a real black & white view about things.  I would think being in the FBI would make someone realize sometimes it isn't as simple as "bad guys do bad things" and "good guys stop them",

God, that annoyed the hell out of me - because I'm sure there are experienced FBI officers who firmly believe the world is divided neatly into "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys". Maybe she thinks the FBI are issued with "Bad Guy only" bullets, too!

henripootel  Tech with Kidnapped Child - isn't he in a bit of trouble?  We see him at the end just hugging his kid but his actions (forced or not) got people killed.  Figured he might have some 'splaining to do.

Don't be silly - committing terrorist atrocities is perfectly fine if your son is kidnapped. You'll be saying that people that the wrongfully convicted aren't free to cause prison riots to escape next!

Bruinsfan It's not as if she took off flying a helicopter unexpectedly or something.

Not until the Finale, at any rate - that sounds like a budget buster!

Her having a crisis of faith because she killed a supposed nun really made me laugh. I mean I know she has amnesia, but if she knows what a nun is, she should know that some of the most terrible people on this planet were nuns.

I mean who ran the magdalen houses? Or for a more specific example take mother theresa, who didn't use the vast amount of money she collected to actually help the sick, because she thought suffering brought people closer to god. She ran death-houses.

Edited by Zonk