Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Andrew Savage

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Probst does love his macho men, doesn't he? He can deny it all he wants but guys like Savage, Deitz, Joe & Malcolm (I'm sure I'm missing some) are what Jeff likes and who he feels are what Survivor are all about. I do wonder if anyone will use the old Savage has a perfect life and doesn't need the $1 Million?! Although, most seem to look past that and reward who ever plays the better game. From, what we have seen the only negative vibe has been from Stephen. For whatever reason, both Savage & Stephen don't like each other.

Now, he's in a tribe of 4. What will happen? Will they be adopted by the other tribes with 2 going to each? Will it remain the same as they are which could be deadly? Savage is getting a great edit (thanks to Probst...LOL) and, might go really far and I'm looking forward to see how it (he) plays out. Will he regrow his chest hair? Will his hair end up matching his beard? LOL!!

• Love 2

Probst does love his macho men, doesn't he? He can deny it all he wants but guys like Savage, Deitz, Joe & Malcolm (I'm sure I'm missing some) are what Jeff likes and who he feels are what Survivor are all about. I do wonder if anyone will use the old Savage has a perfect life and doesn't need the $1 Million?! Although, most seem to look past that and reward who ever plays the better game. From, what we have seen the only negative vibe has been from Stephen. For whatever reason, both Savage & Stephen don't like each other.

Now, he's in a tribe of 4. What will happen? Will they be adopted by the other tribes with 2 going to each? Will it remain the same as they are which could be deadly? Savage is getting a great edit (thanks to Probst...LOL) and, might go really far and I'm looking forward to see how it (he) plays out. Will he regrow his chest hair? Will his hair end up matching his beard? LOL!!

Jeff has always been obsessed with the strong young(ish) good-looking alpha male.  Among the notables, you forgot Colby, Hunter, Marcus, Brad Culpepper, JT, Ozzy, and perhaps his greatest obsession, Gravedigger James from China.

I think Andrew still thinks of himself as an Alpha Male, but he was really showing his age.  It's 12(?) years since he was first on the show and he must be in his 50s by now.   He was completely exhausted during that reward challenge to the point where he was just walking back after getting the bag from the water.  Terry is probably about his age and still had a lot of gas, at one point, sprinting and beating him.  I have a feeling that, food in his belly aside, that a large part of why they lost the immunity challenge is because Andrew was still so spent from the reward challenge the day before.  He just couldn't physically move any more of those blocks.

Edited by blackwing

Savage is 52 and Deitz is 56. I actually didn't think that Terry was that old. I thought they were the same age. I think Savage was at a real disadvantage with the new camp and now food and such. I am looking forward to seeing the showdown between the two and who will last longer.

Heck, people were hammering on Shirin discussing having made her first million before age whatever. Shirin, who also shared that she was physically and emotionally abused as a child and was at least somewhat disconencted from her Mother, was dinged because she had founda way to work hard and make a million dollars. Why shouldn't be proud of where she is given where she came from? 

Shirin was in the right company (Google) at the right time, with the right stock options.  Everyone in the right tech stocks at the right time made $$$.  I'm more impressed with players like Brendan in Tocantins who made a company on their own and never bragged about their much larger financial success, or complained about their lousy upbringing. 

I'm sure Andrew has worked hard to be where he is in life.  I'm also sure that his looks have opened many, many doors to him.  

Can't fault the man for taking advantage of opportunities that were provided to him. He still had to do the work to make those opportunities mean something and take advantage of them.

He could very well be tone deaf and not see the opportunities that were provided too him because of his looks or his gender or the color of his skin. He might see it as he worked hard as an athlete and earned a scholarship that he used to go through school where he studied hard. He used the grades he earned to go to law school where he studied hard in order to be hired by his first firm. Where he worked a ton of hours so that he could make partner. And so the progression continues.

Shirin needed to work hard to go to college and have good enough grade, the right type of mind, and the right type of skills to be hired by Google so she could be there when the stocks kicked in.

A fair amount of life is about luck. Knowing the right person who points to the right job or being with the right company at the right time  or being at the right event to meet the love of your life. Hell, being born in a country where you have choices and not Syria or the Sudan. The individual person has to see the opportunities provided to them and do something with those opportunities. There are plenty of smart people who don't take advantage of their intelligence. There are plenty of pretty/handsome people who don't take advantage of their looks. And there are plenty of people who work hard and never get lucky or get lucky on a different scale.

Andrew is not my favorite player. He is boring. He is portrayed as a walking stereotype and that is simply boring. I don't think he makes good TV and Probst's man crush on him is, well, silly. But I am not going to hold it against him that he is happy that he has a pretty great life. If I knew it was handed to him by a rich farther and all the employees said he was a lazy SOB I would probably feel different.

I will mock him for the story of how he met his wife because it was so dramatic and over the top but I am thrilled that he is in love and, because it seems to be important to him, that his wife is hot. A sign that he is shallow, maybe.

• Love 3

I don't resent Andrew's success, or Shirin's for that matter.  I don't even see him as entitled and smarmy.  I'm just not all that impressed by anyone having gotten through college, grad school and into a career, either.  I mean, good for them, but it's not exactly super human.  The world is full of lawyers and managers.  

I didn't start watching Survivor until the original FvF season, so this is my first introduction to Savage.  I like him, especially this episode - I was impressed as hell that he pulled that reward challenge win with no food for so many days.  I thought his mention of college football was meant in a "I never imagined I'd do anything physically harder in my life, but this is way beyond that" way, not bragging.  He looked ready to collapse several times but he's still busting his ass.  Also, he and Tasha should have been dead in the water at a 2:4 disadvantage in numbers, but they are still in the game. 

• Love 1

Jeff has always been obsessed with the strong young(ish) good-looking alpha male.  Among the notables, you forgot Colby, Hunter, Marcus, Brad Culpepper, JT, Ozzy, and perhaps his greatest obsession, Gravedigger James from China.

They don't even have to be young and attractive. They just have to fulfill his idea of strong dude who wins challenges. Terry, Rupert, Tom. Tom was an attractive enough guy, but not terribly young. Terry isn't ugly, but not he's not attractive, either. Rupert was an out-of-shape dude with long, stringy hair.

• Love 1

Jeff certainly loves his alpha male types, but generally I think he just really likes a) players who win challenges and/or b) players who make 'big moves' in terms of playing idols, turning on alliances for blindsides, etc.  Basically, anything that makes for an easy storyline to show on TV --- player A wins Survivor because they're an immunity monster, or player B wins Survivor because they were finding HIIs, playing tribemates against each other, causing drama, whatever.  It seems that Probst's least-favourite type of winner is the player C who wins largely due to a strong social game (i.e. Sandra, Natalie White) since it's a bit harder to get the "everyone likes and respects this person" footage into an episode without really telegraphing a final tribal council result.

Anyway, who knows about Andrew's actual life or even actual personality since we're seeing him so heavily edited (and in such an odd way) on this show.  I feel like they're really two people.  "Andrew" is the actual guy, "Savage" is the Survivor personality and Probst favourite who may or may not be a favourite of the editors.

• Love 2

I don't think Rupert is shown to be an Alpha Male, he is more the eccentric male who makes for a good story. Kind of like Russell and even Ozzy. Russell was a "good" story based on his game play but not an Alpha in the traditional edit. Ozzy was the Jungle Boy but not really a traditional Alpha.

Jeff likes people who play a very physical, easily televised game that will make for good TV drama.

The Alpha players, Terry, Andrew, Jeremy, James has the muscles and acumen to win challenges/save the tribe that gives Probst a hard on. They make women happy because they are nice to look at. They make good TV because they great while winning challenges. They tend to be pretty comfortable in their own skins and are confident, probably because they have always received a certain amount of positive attention because they were good athletes and their physical attributes.

Rupert was a great character in Pearl Islands. He fit the theme perfectly, was loud, boisterous and only mildly dickish. He had a great evil foil in Fairplay. His enthusiasm for the theme and the game combined with his survival skills and his ability to provide for everyone made for good TV. Probst loves that because it comes across great on the screen and makes viewers happy.

Russell is loved because he causes controversy and conversation and that is great for the show.

So Probst loves Andrew because he is the confident man, who is happy, great at challenges, a smooth talker and projects well on TV. Probst will never like a Sandra because her game is hard to show on TV. He is never going to like the people whose storyline is not easy to show because it is harder to sell them to the viewing public. Abi, Probst loves because she makes for a great storyline. Woo's confused face at pretty much every tribal council, Probst loves because it is easy to show. Anyone playing a more strategic, quiet game Probst hates because it does not sell well on TV. See Earl and Yul.

I feel like Probst just likes attractive, successful, buff, often older, white males because he sees them as like himself.  I never got the impression he had any great love for James or Jeremy or other black players.  He doesn't seem to really even click with all the white, successful, hot males, either.  So maybe he actually just likes Andrew and Terry and Brad Culpepper and all because he likes them.  I'm not saying he's racist or sexist.  It's just human nature to befriend people more like ourselves or like who we'd like to be, even.

Though I agree he's totally into what's good for the show, too.  But I never felt like he personally clicked with Rupert, Russell, Philip, etc. and would be hanging out with them after the show.  

I think Colby and Andrew are the only two male contestants that Jeff has hung out with but I could be wrong. On the show, Jeff pushes for the people who make the best TV. His idea of the best TV centers around the Alphas and the Drama Makers. I have no idea why so many of those folks have tended to be men, but they have.

I feel like Probst just likes attractive, successful, buff, often older, white males because he sees them as like himself. 

To me, it's that Probst admires this type of individual.  Separate from people he might like personally or want to hang out with, he definitely admires this type of man and he can't help but show it.  There's also the qualities of self-sacrifice, self-sufficiency, honor, and "character" that're part of the personality.  And, yes, I think Probst aspires to be just that.

But hey lots of people admire that kind of thing.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 2

I think Colby and Andrew are the only two male contestants that Jeff has hung out with but I could be wrong. On the show, Jeff pushes for the people who make the best TV. His idea of the best TV centers around the Alphas and the Drama Makers. I have no idea why so many of those folks have tended to be men, but they have.

A bunch of contestants have mentioned Jeff has called them. I know when Jen Lyon was going through her cancer treatments it was brought up that Jeff visited her reguraly. Plus when he was dating Julie she would visit him on set and is not allowed to play again for knowing to much about the behind the scenes stuff.

Edited by choclatechip45

Jeff's preferences, however clear, are somewhat nuanced, and I feel like this conversation is doing a good job teasing out the nuances.  I agree that he loves people like Rupert and Russell for TV, but doesn't feel a personal connection.  What I think however might be missed is, I believe he loves Sandra personally, but not so much for TV (though I don't think Jeff's at all anti-Sandra, really.)  Probst reminds me very much of a certain kind of establishment political pundit (no I don't want to talk politics on the Survivor board) in that he admires a certain kind of "Real American", blue-collar, tells-it-like-it-is, salt-of-the-earth type person with whom he has nothing really in common and whose lives he doesn't really understand.  So, for example, of course he was rooting for the blue collar tribe all the way last season, and this also I think is the reason for his mystifying enthusiasm for people like Jane from Nicaragua, or Keith from this one.  Sandra is not so far from that ideal.  Someone like Savage has a sort of Clint Eastwood weathered manliness that sort of pushes that button aesthetically but also comes from the rarified world of supermodels and high-powered law firms, so Jeff (a Hollywood celebrity) has a lifestyle/cultural commonality with him, so that's the perfect guy for him to end up being pals with.

From that align-or-malign article:

Abi…malign. No way.

Maybe Jeff Probst is the only one with his head on straight this season.

• Love 5

I like Andrew.  I really do.  And I'm happy he made the milestone of making the jury (at least, assuming he doesn't go all the way).  But he gave me shades of Lex this episode, when Lex was paranoid when his name actually came up for a vote and he incorrectly went after Kelly for voting for him (because, how dare anyone).  He took it way too personal that Ciera and Kass went behind his back and blinsided him, when he was going to do the same thing to Spencer.  And using Ciera as a pawn could have backfired and cost her her spot in the game.  He's going to make himself crazy and likely get himself voted right out of this game if he doesn't take about 20 steps back and re-group.  He's way too confident with his numbers game.  How poetic if, after Ciera went off on her 'you guys don't want to be 9th!' he was actually in the 9th spot in that alliance.

Also, with all the talk about TPTB saving Spencer, I feel like the same could apply to Savage.  He's on an alpha male dominated winning tribe, then gets an unfortunate break at getting swapped to this season's version of a have-nots tribe.  But lucky for him, he gets Tasha and 4 dysfunctional members of old Ta'Keo.  Then he's swapped to Ta'Keo, comes up with a plan to blindside Spencer, but gets blindsided himself.  Except, lucky for him, even though it was his plan and idea for the Spencer vote and Ciera pawn, they target one of his allies instead.  He's on the outs again but wait-now the merge.  No, not saying they are rigging it (because it all came down to luck) but since the Survivor Gods are supposed to be smiling down on Spencer, some of their smile must be overlapping on Andrew.  I don't personally think he can hold the game together.

Edited by LadyChatts

To me, it's that Probst admires this type of individual.  Separate from people he might like personally or want to hang out with, he definitely admires this type of man and he can't help but show it.  There's also the qualities of self-sacrifice, self-sufficiency, honor, and "character" that're part of the personality.  And, yes, I think Probst aspires to be just that.

But hey lots of people admire that kind of thing.

Yeah, I'd agree with this, but also he's got a bit of a high school mentality where only hot, popular people get good things. He's extremely blunt about it (often to an irritating degree), if a nerdy guy catches a break, Probst is the first one to be all "you're probably not used to things going your way, are you?" 

To bring this back to topic, Savage seems to share this attitude. He seems to evaluate people entirely based on physical appearance and doesn't waver from that. 

My real reason for coming to this thread is to carry over this post from rozen, which might be the funniest Savage line I've read all season:

Savage clearly underestimated how much grunt work Tasha was putting in to keep Abi on-task, and thought those two would just be grateful to nestle under his Just-For-Men auburn wings.

Hahahaha. 

Honestly, I'm almost not minding having Savage on the show just for the commentary it inspires here. 

• Love 7

Are chiclets his overly fake white teeth? I'm not sure if he got veneers or was just (overly) whitening them. Between his white teeth, his chest hair growing in, beard going way gray and his still dark hair on his head it gives Savage a mixed back of different looks. Also, he so entitled that it's a major turnoff. Apparently, no one else is allowed to play differently then him or have different opinions. He is playing the "right" way and everyone else is playing dishonestly. Oh, brother!!

• Love 3

I never had the problem with Andrew that a lot of people did, even going back to PI (it could just be I found the likes of Fairplay, Burton, Rupert, Lill, and his minion Osten more insufferable).  And, I absolutely hated the Outcast twist and that it did cost him a spot in the game.  I would have liked to have seen what he could have done that season, given the chance.  I said above I honestly don't know if it would have been any better than this season.  He got comfortable.  He viewed himself as way more intelligent to people he thought couldn't comprehend how this game is played.  His view of the game is sticking with the pretty, buff people and having the game played for him as he sits in his hammock.  People are to accept their fate, and no one better flip.  He apparently didn't count on hitting a snag, an idol being played, and past attitude coming back to bite you.  As Trish said when she voted for Kass during Cagayan "I suggest a book on self awareness". 

I am happy Andrew made it to the jury, though.  I can't dislike the guy for some reason like a lot of people do, but I wasn't enjoying him, either.  And I'm glad he and his alliance got brought down a few pegs from the very people he considered beneath him and not a foil to his game.  I hope he answers the question why nobody thought Kelley just might have an idol.

• Love 3

He started out as a jerk at Ponderosa and ended up like I wish he was all the time. He actually had a personality sitting next to Kass. He takes Survivor way toooo seriously. That said, he's rich, good looking and has a hot wife. He's doing better than me.

• Love 2

I think he let this game get into his head too much.  I feel like that was the downfall of Varner, and is messing with Stephen and Spencer.  Spencer looked ready to go and appeared to be in a good spot from the beginning.  Yet he aligned with Shirin, who ended up turning the target to him for the second vote.  Now he seems almost scared to try and make any sort of move without someone else coming up with it first.  Stephen's obsessed about losing to JT and that history will repeat itself.  Varner said after losing out on a tiebreaker he was not going to let any vote go to a tie this season.  And Andrew's game got rattled the first time by the Outcast twist.  He was in a good spot, until then.  Plus, back in the old school day, you just needed an alliance and waited until all the non alliance tribe members were gone before you started worrying or making your next move.  I don't know that Andrew ever caught up.  When you have an alliance of 9, you probably feel pretty secure, especially when there are bigger threats.  Why they thought Kelley couldn't possibly have an idol, I don't know.  Anyway, this will likely be Andrew's last chance.  And he went out this time sort of how he went out last time (even if his attitude did him in).

I think everyone so far has mentioned they didn't want to let their fans down and that was one of their biggest upsets at leaving the game.  Either they are told to say that, or are worried that since fans did vote them in, they will be disappointed that they didn't live up to whatever fans saw in them to give them another chance.  I'm going with they are reading that line off a cue card, though.  PG saying she hoped fans wouldn't be disappointed made more sense, because she said she was a different person and probably showing an entirely different personality and game play than she had back then.  She mentioned she wasn't as sneaky or feisty.  To me, that is exactly why some people got my vote to return, because of previous game play and/or entertainment value.  Those that are playing like newbies that want to join the big super alliance or who are scarred to make a move bore me.  Except Keith, so far he doesn't.

But yes, voting options were limited.  Given even a few more options, we probably would have had a very different cast.  I voted for some people not because I wanted to, but because I had to.  If I could have have just voted for my favorites I probably would have voted for 8 or 9 total, between the men and women.

Here's an exit interview with Savage.  In it, he says that he/Jeremy/Tasha/Joe were super close and running the show, that Woo hid food at Angkor after the hero RC, and that they didn't think idols were in play.  They didn't find any trace of idols at Bayon (not knowing Jeremy had found the clue from that camp already) and since Kelley and Jeremy didn't let on they had one, they assumed that was another twist this season.  He wanted to split the vote, but people were concerned that Kelley/Abi/Ciera might be able to get just enough people to flip to override a split vote.  He also thought that Wentworth thought they were gunning for Ciera and would feel safe.  He also said one daughter was mortified he told Joe what she said about him, the other didn't mind.

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/11/12/survivor-castaway-andrew-we-honestly-didn%E2%80%99t-think-idols-were-in-play/

Edited by LadyChatts
In it, he says that he/Jeremy/Tasha/Joe were super close and running the show,
It's interesting that he still says that after (presumably) watching the episodes and seeing that Joe was hedging his bets (which ended up costing Savage his game) and Jeremy was double-dealing with his Stephen side alliance and concealing important knowledge about the idols' existence. Savage also doesn't seem aware why he lost Ciera and Kass at new new Ta Keo in the first place. 
  • Love 1

It's interesting that he still says that after (presumably) watching the episodes and seeing that Joe was hedging his bets (which ended up costing Savage his game) and Jeremy was double-dealing with his Stephen side alliance and concealing important knowledge about the idols' existence. Savage also doesn't seem aware why he lost Ciera and Kass at new new Ta Keo in the first place. 

Not to mention, according to Ciera, Joe told her and Kelley that they were intending to all vote for Kelley-not Ciera.  That clued Kelley in to (rightfully) take the chance and play her idol, since she figured they wouldn't be splitting the vote.  Obviously we didn't see that moment, and I don't know if Savage is aware of it.  I think Andrew was just stuck in the old school mentality of you make an alliance and you keep it until everyone not in the group is voted off.  That's what it sounded like when I read what he said about Jeremy/Tasha/Joe.  And really, Jeremy's only interest in keeping Andrew/Joe/Tasha at first was more to shield his strength.  I don't know that he intended to ride this out with them until the end.

ETA: Another interview with Savage (starts at the 50 second mark; Natalie Anderson is the guest with Dalton this week).  He felt Stephen was trying to build his Survivor resume by making big moves and didn't find him sincere (Natalie said she wants to reach through the screen and strangle him every week).  A moment we didn't see: when Kass came into TC, Kass pointed her finger at him and said 'no f'ing votes for you' and ran her finger across her neck.  Once Kelley played her idol he thought for sure Jeremy was going.  He thinks they considered him the glue holding people together and that's why he went.  This is the second interview I heard where he didn't think a particular moment would make the broadcast (the first was revealing to Joe what his daughters said, the second was him going off on Ciera/Kass in the TH after the Woo vote).  Natalie said Jeremy told her it was a much bigger struggle and rained a lot, yet they aren't showing it.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/survivor-talk-andrew-savage-cambodia-second-chance

Edited by LadyChatts

Savage also doesn't seem aware why he lost Ciera and Kass at new new Ta Keo in the first place. 

I think that is the major flaw in his game.  He needs to run the show, has a dictatorial streak that needlessly creates enemies, and is blind to it all. 

I also think Ciera, based on lectures about 'making moves,' would have gone against Savage and his alliance, probably sooner rather than later.  Savage simply sped up the clock on that (and focused their target on him).

• Love 2

Andrew let's us know who doesn't deserve to be there. Nothing surprising except for that he considers Abi a friend which is quite humorous given last night's exchange between the two.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1102607/survivors-andrew-savage-reveals-his-game-ending-mistake

AS: [Long pause] I'm old-school Survivor. That's just who I am. When folks raise their hand to volunteer to sit out of challenges, I don't understand that unless they're physically ill. I look at who is performing in challenges and playing a strategic game. Of course, it's going to be Ciera [who doesn't deserve to be there]. I don't think she's playing a great strategic game. She keeps calling us out at Tribal to "play the game." In reality, we're playing the game better than her because we're on top and she's on the bottom. It was driving her crazy, so she played the only hand she had, which was to try and create some rifts with folks who had a solid alliance. It's a big play, but it fell on deaf ears. I would say Ciera. I would say Abi [is also undeserving]. She was a powder keg early in the game, but she's more behind the scenes now. She's not great in challenges. I like Abi. She's a friend, but I would say those two.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

I don't really think having an alliance of numbers mean you are playing a great game.  It just means you are lucky (and that maybe you are considered extremely beatable in the final 3).  If anything he summed up why Ciera deserves to be there.  That is very old school thinking, that alliances are it and anyone not in the majority shouldn't even try to stick around.

I'm really thinking Abi isn't as horrible as some past Survivors have said.  She may just be one of those people that you either like or don't, no in between.  But it doesn't mean she's a terrible person.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I've done my usual survey of exit interviews.  Andrew really, really wanted us to know he had a spider bite that infected his toe....not just any spider bite, a bite from a poisonous spider.  And, but for that draining event, that sapped him of everything, of course he would have put in the thought necessary to split the vote! 

I pretty much love how much he brought that up!  He didn't screw up, it was poison in his system that made it impossible for him to think through it enough to figure out how to split the damn vote!!  Arrogance, poison.....poison, arrogance....ummhmm.

I mock, but he was much more personable in his interviews than I expected.  I prefer that to the ones where they've been waiting for months to trash others. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 9

The interesting thing that came from his interviews is that we finally learn why Andrew and not Jeremy. Andrew was seen as the glue for some reason. I'll actually give Andrew credit for calling out his own hypocrisy in the game.  All in all, he's probably not built for this game. It's better that he left early enough not to do anything really stupid.

• Love 1

There is a bonus clip where he talks about splitting the vote and is rejected by everyone he is talking to. He is the only one who asks about it. There are several other bonus clips where various groups and individuals discuss how Kelley does not have an idol so they don't need to split the vote.

So he was thinking that way and his alliance doesn't support him, what does he do?

The spider infection is interesting but really didn't play a role in his eviction so they didn't show it.

I have to wait for Survivor Talk to make its way over to Youtube, I cannot watch it past the five minute mark on EWs site. No idea why but it has been that way all freaking season.

Savage was targeted because he was playing the most agressivly of the three alliance heads. That is my take.

Listening to RHAP: Andrew admits to a double standard when discussing Stephen and his scheming. At least he is honest with himself after the fact. I am cool with that. We see pretty much every Survivor bitch that other people are doing exactly what they are doing and we all complain about it. Andrew is honest in his interview that he had a clear double standard and that he likes Stephen and others who he locked horns with. We saw the same thing at Ponderosa. He gets very invested in the game, says some dumb stuff because he is so invested and then lets it go after the game.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 2

I'm not able to watch it right now, but in looking at the photo, I have to ask? Why don't the men ever keep the scruff?? 

He looks a solid 10 years older than he did on the lsland. 

I have the opposite reaction.  Facial hair ages a man's face (which is why so many teenage boys are so anxious to grow it -- they think it makes them look older and more mature).  I actually think he looks ten years younger (and thus that much hotter) clean-shaven.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

I don't really think having an alliance of numbers mean you are playing a great game.  It just means you are lucky (and that maybe you are considered extremely beatable in the final 3).  If anything he summed up why Ciera deserves to be there.  That is very old school thinking, that alliances are it and anyone not in the majority shouldn't even try to stick around.

I don't think having an alliance of numbers in and of itself says whether or not you're playing a good game.  Some people in the alliance of numbers are there because they are a reliable vote, some people are there because they put together the alliance of numbers and are leading it.  Others fall somewhere inbetween.

The interesting thing that came from his interviews is that we finally learn why Andrew and not Jeremy. Andrew was seen as the glue for some reason. I'll actually give Andrew credit for calling out his own hypocrisy in the game.  All in all, he's probably not built for this game. It's better that he left early enough not to do anything really stupid.

We learned that Andrew thought he was seen as the glue.  We didn't learn why the people who voted for him actually voted for him.  He doesn't necessarily know what Wentworth, Cierra and Abi were thinking.

Andrew's day after.

He just looks incredibly tired and sad. So sad. I feel for him. I will really miss his bombastic talking heads, and the way he took everything so personally and got so enraged and indignant, and how keenly he wanted to compete with the young bucks, and all of that. It's poignant. Glad he made the jury.

• Love 2

I guess being the only man in his house makes him even more aggressive for Survivor. LOL!!! He's defiantly a bro kind of guy. I also think that the reason Kelley, Ciera & Abi voted for him was that he was more obnoxious than the other guys. Granted, he kept most of his feelings & thoughts for the confessionals. Once he used Ciera as the pawn (I can't remember the Survivor term so I'm using Big Brother) he lost her right then and there. That said, I do like his intensity in the game. He really is old school and wants to play. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Ponderosa guest and also watching him in the jury box. Will he roll his eyes? LOL!!!

As for, the scruff it definatly made him older looking but 100% hotter. If he hadn't dyed his hair it would have matched. All in all the scruff is a good look for him. Even, his gray chest grew in before he left.

• Love 1

I also think that the reason Kelley, Ciera & Abi voted for him was that he was more obnoxious than the other guys. Granted, he kept most of his feelings & thoughts for the confessionals. 

I think since Ciera obviously hates him we can assume he didn't keep his feelings to confessionals. 

Savage & Kass are going to have one of the longer stays at Ponderosa. Too bad they aren't staying at the luxury resort with the stunning pool. Granted, they have a whole in front of them but I'm sure they wouldn't mind a change if scenery.

I posted this in the episode thread, but I dislike Savage so much that I want to post here too - I find Savage to be one of the most insufferable people to ever be on Survivor. I agree with every eye roll of Ciera's. I would be doing the same thing if I had to spend any amount of time in that man's vicinity. What a complete and utter asshole. 

His contempt for Stephen is completely disproportionate to anything we've seen Stephen do or say. To call him "disgusting", "diabolical" and say that he has "no morals or integrity" really indicates that Savage is the disgusting one without morals or integrity. Seriously. He is a gross human being. Especially because he was saying this about Stephen playing the game, even though just a few days before Savage had lied to Spencer's face and was going to vote Spencer off.

I used to think that Savage just had an issue with "nerdy" guys, especially given how he treated Skinny Ryan in the Pearl Islands, but I'm not so sure that's all it is. Spencer is "nerdy" and Savage liked him a lot. I hope I'm wrong, but I get bigotry vibes when it comes to Savage's hatred of Stephen. Nothing I've seen in post show interviews seems to really explain his over the top dislike of Stephen.

• Love 5

I think Savage is a Mean Girl. LOL!! Basically, he only likes the cool, popular & atlethic kids. If you don't fall into any of those categories he doesn't want to work or play with you. I think he even admitted it in his exit interviews. He said so sing on the lines that he isn't really made for the game. He likes who he likes and doesn't go out of that circle. He must be a barrel of laughs at work with all his cool friends. <eye roll>

• Love 8

Well this is who Andrew will be hanging out with from this season. Interestingly he doesn't mention Abi at all who he refers to as a friend in several interviews. Maybe he will just send her Christmas cards every year.

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-andrew-savage-exit-interview

I can honestly say that I have no ill will towards anybody. There's a big difference between being good with everyone, and whether I want to have them in my life. I work very hard. My time outside of work, I spend my time with people who I truly love: family and close friends. Let me tell you who I want in my life: Joe, Jeremy, Terry Dietz, Tasha, Keith and Kimmi.

The folks who will not be in my life, because we're very different people: Kass. Ciera. Monica, I don't even know her; I spent six days with her and don't know who she is. Wentworth, I don't know her very well and didn't get a deep genuine vibe with her. She's a nice young lady, but she's not going to be in my life.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Well this is who Andrew will be hanging out with from this season. Interestingly he doesn't mention Abi at all who he refers to as a friend in several interviews. Maybe he will just send her Christmas cards every year.

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-andrew-savage-exit-interview

I can honestly say that I have no ill will towards anybody. There's a big difference between being good with everyone, and whether I want to have them in my life. I work very hard. My time outside of work, I spend my time with people who I truly love: family and close friends. Let me tell you who I want in my life: Joe, Jeremy, Terry Dietz, Tasha, Keith and Kimmi.

The folks who will not be in my life, because we're very different people: Kass. Ciera. Monica, I don't even know her; I spent six days with her and don't know who she is. Wentworth, I don't know her very well and didn't get a deep genuine vibe with her. She's a nice young lady, but she's not going to be in my life.

Why was it necessary to say who won't be in his life? It didn't seem like he was even asked that specific question. And how coincidental that the three mentioned were in the minority/opposing alliance.

I wish we could have seen his relationship with Kimmi, however. Other than the Monica boot, we have seen next-to-nothing from her.

• Love 6