Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Andrew Savage

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Did Savage even play with Terry? 

He comes across as such an insufferable ass. Even if she ends up booted this ep, I am so glad Kelley took him out of the game.

No, but no shock that he'd want to keep him in his life.  At the cast reveal, Probst was practically drooling over the so-called comparisons of the two and wondered if one would cancel the other out.  Which I don't think I've ever thought of or heard about, and don't really see what the comparisons are.  I do think it as kind of tacky he had to say who would stay in touch with.  Actually, I don't think I have a problem with it but it's how he said it and that he had to purposely say who he wasn't going to stay in contact with.  Which basically makes him look like a sore loser, since two of those people are responsible for his ouster, and the third helped blindside his ally the week before her boot.  Somehow I don't think Ciera, Wentworth, or Kass are going to be losing sleep over it.  I was also surprised he didn't mention Abi or Spencer.  He seemed to like Spencer and had good, kind things to say about Abi.

Anyone want to wager a bet whether Savage flips the bird to anyone tomorrow?

• Love 2

The thing that is so amusing about Savage is that he appears to be trying really hard to portray himself as some kind of noble, family-minded, high-integrity individual-- and I think he believes that is how he comes across -- and yet he looks like such a complete and utter asshole.

• Love 12

I think Savage is a Mean Girl. LOL!! Basically, he only likes the cool, popular & atlethic kids. If you don't fall into any of those categories he doesn't want to work or play with you.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. 

I can honestly say that I have no ill will towards anybody. There's a big difference between being good with everyone, and whether I want to have them in my life. I work very hard. My time outside of work, I spend my time with people who I truly love: family and close friends. Let me tell you who I want in my life: Joe, Jeremy, Terry Dietz, Tasha, Keith and Kimmi.

The folks who will not be in my life, because we're very different people: Kass. Ciera. Monica, I don't even know her; I spent six days with her and don't know who she is. Wentworth, I don't know her very well and didn't get a deep genuine vibe with her. She's a nice young lady, but she's not going to be in my life.

LOL. How interesting that all the people he doesn't want in his life are women. Shocker! I imagine Kass, Ciera, Monica, and Kelley reading this and doing a happy dance. As if someone would want Andrew in their lives!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

He has said in his interviews that there are parts of Kass he likes but Chaos Kass is very real and that he does not like Chaos Kass. There is a part of Kass who likes to stir up shit and sort of play with people. We saw it in full force in her first season. That is not all of who Kass is but it is there. I can understand why Andrew would not like that and have no problem with it.

Andrew has also said in his RHAP interview that his comments about Stephen were not justified and hypocritical. He understands that he, like 99% of all Survivors, was applying a double standard.

When it gets down to it, Andrew wants to hang out with the folks from Survivor who were willing to work with him and did not challenge him in the game. If that is what he wants, who cares? He does not like the vibe he got from some people and several of those people are folks who people on this board are not fond of, Kass and Ciera. They are very different people with different approaches to life and he would not want to make time to hang out with them. Cool. I am sure that they are not exactly upset about that.

• Love 2

Why even bother saying who you "don't want in your life"?  Just mention the folks you feel you made lasting connections with and leave it at that.  That line "Let me tell you who I want in my life," as though it's some kind of high honor to deserve to hang out with Savage and his supermodel wife, who deign to hang out with you in the tiny bit of spare time he has outside or work.  Give me a break.

• Love 10

I am not disagreeing that the comment wasn't needed but I don't care that much that he said it. People have been asking him about his relationship with Kass. His Ponderosa video was very hard on Kass and he has told people that he refused to discuss game with Kass at Ponderosa because he does not like Chaos Kass and how she played the game. So his relationship with Kass has been front and center in a lot of interviews. Perhaps he makes that comment because so many people have asked him about those relationships.

• Love 1
His Ponderosa video was very hard on Kass and he has told people that he refused to discuss game with Kass at Ponderosa because he does not like Chaos Kass and how she played the game.

IMHO, his whole anger at "Chaos Kass" is just that Kass successfully blindsided him for a Tribal Council and he's bitter that she didn't just fall into line at the honor of working with him. I suspect he also is unwilling to accept that Ciera/Kass voted against him strategically rather than out of some random desire for chaos and is cranky that Kass described his post-Woo eviction Tribal behavior as childish. 

Meanwhile, he's the same person that flips off an immunity challenge prop because he's mad he lost. He calls it disgusting when other people lie, but he was trying very hard to do an unnecessary blindside of Spencer (and yes, he's apologized about Stephen but I haven't seen him apologize anywhere for his words against Ciera or Kass). He had no issues with Jeremy/Stephen/Kimmi blindsiding Monica because he didn't want Monica to still be in the game, but the idea of targeting Joe was disgusting. Andrew is a classic player who views all of his own actions as okay and justifiable but gets livid that other players are actually playing the game to win for themselves instead of for his win (and I really wonder if he would still be so buddy buddy with Jeremy if Savage had been in the game long enough to get to a point where Jeremy was going to have to choose between loyalty to Savage or an easier ride to FTC because I suspect Jeremy would have chosen the easier ride to FTC with no regrets. But thanks to Kelley, Jeremy's hands get to be clean.).

• Love 6

I don't really care who Andrew stays in touch with after the fact.  It's no secret that after each season, some people are closer than others.  I just think it was tacky that he purposely went out of his way to word it the way he did and that he had to mention the people he didn't want to stay in touch with.

And yet, I still can't hate the guy.  I don't know why, but I just can't.  I don't like him as much as I did coming into this season, or when he was on PI.  But he's kind of 'eh' for me.  I guess I've seen worse both on and off this show.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
Why even bother saying who you "don't want in your life"?  Just mention the folks you feel you made lasting connections with and leave it at that.  That line "Let me tell you who I want in my life," as though it's some kind of high honor to deserve to hang out with Savage and his supermodel wife, who deign to hang out with you in the tiny bit of spare time he has outside or work.  Give me a break.

Yep, that's what rubs me wrong too. He frequently uses "different from me" as an implicit insult and has such a condescending way of talking about not getting along with certain people that makes it entirely about them not being worthy of him rather than the completely natural fact that not everyone clicks with everyone else. 

Even when he's saying "nice" things, he manages to make them sound like a veiled dig. Like "Wentworth is a 'nice girl' but she won't be in my life." 

Which I refuse to believe is for any other reason than because she foiled his Survivor dream, which is by his own admission, "the only bad thing in his life." He just bugs me. 

• Love 7

And yet, I still can't hate the guy.  I don't know why, but I just can't.

I don't dislike Savage either. Of course there are aspects to his personality that make him come across as jerk, but there are also aspects that I find endearing. He shows self-awareness about his weak spots, apologizes, and takes responsibility for his poor game moves.

MHO, his whole anger at "Chaos Kass" is just that Kass successfully blindsided him for a Tribal Council and he's bitter that she didn't just fall into line at the honor of working with him.

I really enjoyed his exit interview and his read on Kass seemed very much in line with who she presented herself as (in both seasons of the show). For the record, Kass didn't blindside him - she was eliminated before he was. He has mentioned that 'chaos Kass' is very much of Kass' personality and I can't blame him for disliking a qualities of a person that are so reviled by many. Part of his response was in defense of Tasha, who Kass has been disparaging in her exit interviews - he said her perception of what happened was very off and Kass was in fact the one who antagonized Tasha.  As always, YMMV.

Edited by Beebee111
  • Love 2
For the record, Kass didn't blindside him - she was eliminated before he was.
She blindsided him with the Woo vote, which is when Savage decided Kass and Ciera were disgusting people (but Savage of course, was not disgusting for lying to and trying very hard to blindside Spencer)

Part of his response was in defense of Tasha, who Kass has been disparaging in her exit interviews - he said her perception of what happened was very off and Kass was in fact the one who antagonized Tasha.
I'm sure that's what Tasha believes, but I'm also sure that Kass/Tasha had their initial conversations when Savage wasn't there and that Savage has no way of knowing who started poking at the other first (which to be fair to Tasha, since those conversations were so choppily edited, we don't really know either.)
  • Love 2

In the Tasha vs Kass argument, considering that Savage says Tasha is someone that he wants to be blessed with his presence in her life, and Kass isn't, I'm not sure there might not be a hint of bias there.  Just like his comment about everyone believing Ciera doesn't deserve to be there.  I'll wait to hear from "everyone" on that.  Kass seems popular enough with Survivor alums, as does Tasha.  And we know both have their hard core detractors in the Survivor community.

• Love 3

Heh. I'm just reading this now and Monica has heard about it and tweeted that she thought they were cool together, but in the end it's Savage's loss. Her life is amazing regardless. Haha!

• Love 3

Lol Monica seemed like a random name to throw out there.  They spent the least amount of time together of the original Bayons, and she was never part of his alliance.  It just made me wonder if she tried doing something not shown in the game that made him single her out.  And, it always makes me wonder what Savage's Survivor buddies think when reading they are on his A-list, while he's getting a diss in at others in the process.

I see Savage replied to Monica that he meant no disrespect to her, just that they didn't get to know each other that well out there (and he added Ciera and Kass in on that tweet-to make them aware he totally disrespects them?  Not sure the point).  Not only is Andrew old school Survivor with his game play, I think he's old school with his interviews, too. 

Edited by LadyChatts

like being "in his life" is some prize they should all strive for

Maybe that could be a reality show, contestants compete to be in Savage's life, I wonder what the challenges would be.

Wanting Joe in his life is weird, he was barely around the guy, I'm beginning to think it's Savage that has a crush on him and not his daughters.

• Love 9

Was that his wording?  Even that is weird.  Her perception is her perception.  She was there.  How could Andrew's perception be the correct one for everyone?

In actual fact, Savage referred to Kass' account of what happened between her and Tasha as 'delusional,' which in my perception of Kass' behaviour/personality would not be far from the truth. Of course,YM(perception)MV.

Edited by Beebee111

OK, the latest Pondrosa video is just sickening. Andrew is all about how Kass is trying to worm her way into the Kelly and Andrew friendship and actually talks about how it feels very much like high school with Kass on the outs and he is ok with that. Seriously, a grown ass man referenced high school cliques and actually said that they were real and that people just have to deal with it.

Yeah he is an overgrown Senior Asshole who really needs to grow the fuck up and move on from high school.

• Love 6

In actual fact, Savage referred to Kass' account of what happened between her and Tasha as 'delusional,' which in my perception of Kass' behaviour/personality would not be far from the truth. Of course,YM(perception)MV.

Considering Savage seems to have the perspective of a 14 year-old douchebag, I'm not sure we can trust any of his pronouncements.

• Love 4

I think Andrew's biased of course. Tasha is on his short list, isn't she? I read one of Kass' exit interviews just now and saw this:

Right before that balut eat-off with her, she was like a raging bull. She was jumping around and saying, "I'm fueled by hate, Jeff! I'm fueled by hate!" You're missing a lot of the over-the-top Tashaism that goes on out there. Personally, I would've loved to go to the end with her. It's just off-putting when someone behaves in that matter. After that food challenge — a lot of people were very disturbed by her behavior; even her own tribemates.

Even if Kass doesn't like her, I doubt Kass would describe things that happened very specific like that if it didn't happen. Varner said mostly the same thing about Tasha in his own exit interview.

Man, I liked Tasha in Cagayan but I never thought she would come back acting like this. Makes me think that she does go far ahead if she's getting such a good edit.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2

I finally got around to watching RyanO's (Andy's castmate from Pearl Islands) on Max Dawson's podcast. RyanO called Andy out on lying during pregame casting calls after they supposedly made a pact to let each other know. Andy lying? Why, that's immoral, disgusting, and diabolical! Oh wait, that's only if others do it.

Anyhoo, the really funny part was that Andy's perfect supermodel wife started texting RyanO while he was still doing the podcast bc Andy was PISSED that RyanO had called Andy "cocky" and "arrogant".

Andy is such an insecure, cantankerous POS. <flashes creepy chicklet smile>

• Love 2

So now he's letting his wife fight his battles for him?  Lol you know I love Andrew but I wish he could come back every season just to read the comments on here. I had more fun doing that than watching someone I had hoped to see back for however-many-years ago PI was.  Glad he got the chance, too bad he was more old school than Wigles.  

That said, I'm not sure what good Andrew telling Ryan about the pre-game casting calls would do, if Ryan means he missed out.  What was he going to do, bug TPTB until they considered him?  BTW, are Max's podcasts any good?  I couldn't stand him and couldn't sit through listening to him, even if he's had some Survivors on I liked.  

Edited by LadyChatts

The latest Ponderosa videos continue the confirmation of Andrew's deep-seated jerkiness. I've never been the biggest Probst fan, but I'm judging him hard for his friendship with Andrew. I also like Wigles less now, too. 

• Love 4

It's bad enough he was so self-righteous in the game but he continued it right to Ponderosa. Savage must be a joy to hang around with in real life <eyes roll>. Of course, I wouldn't be able to be "in his life" because I'm a nobody and I have no moral values. LOL!!!!

• Love 4