Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E00: 100th Episode Special

• Start Topic

Kelly on a rampage claims all will be explained about how Bethenny has damaged her and her family on September 17th http://www.allabouttrh.com/kelly-bensimon-goes-off-on-bethenny-frankel-claims-bethenny-owes-her-an-apology/

Holy Gummie Bears!

This was just another one of those meaningless HW's claims that "the truth will come out" statements.

Maybe the Gummie Bear that someone slipped Carole was one of Kelly's.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Bethenny actually said, "I am the most successful housewife." I am pretty sure she was speaking about all of the housewife shows, not just NY. Wow.

Well, as braggy as she was admittedly being, she has a point---she legitimately is the most successful housewife from this show, at least professionally/economically.

Granted, NeNe Leakes, Teresa Guidice and Lisa Vanderpump might argue with her on that one, but Bethenny was the first HW to actually launch a hugely successful project from her time on the show, she was the first to not only garner other television show appearances but she got both a spinoff AND her own talkshow, she's had some successful dieting books and she's probably made more money than any other housewife as well, if her Manhattan and Hamptons homes are any indication. Damned shame she lost so much on that divorce though.

• Love 18

Maybe they're grooming her to take over Andy's television duties. If she could learn to let the guests speak, she might be good at it. At least I think she'd ask the questions that Andy doesn't and when she tones down the 1983 witticisms, she can be funny.

As much as Andy loves the limelight, he's not getting any younger. And assuming he still holds an executive/day time gig with Bravo, doing the nightly club house, in addition to trying to have some kind of life - maybe he's looking to let some of it go.

Or maybe not. Just trying to figure out why Beth is holding so many cards.

Andy has a new radio show on Sirius now too.

I'm not so sure that they feature Bethenny because she's "holding so many cards." What "cards" could she possibly hold?

Bethenny actually said, "I am the most successful housewife." I am pretty sure she was speaking about all of the housewife shows, not just NY. Wow.

I can't think of another HW who started out with nothing and became as successful as Bethenny. I loved seeing the clip of Bethenny trying to give away her muffins in a supermarket and was glad to see her express gratitude to Bravo. The fact that her gig as a HW was instrumental in her success is likely the reason Bravo features her as much as they do.

ETA: Bethenny's quick wit is another reason.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 13

I'm not so sure that they feature Bethenny because she's "holding so many cards." What "cards" could she possibly hold?

They, meaning Bravo and Andy, clearly want something and think they can gain something from/out of Beth.  Why else would she be featured so heavily?

Maybe one of the cards that she holds is that Andy truly likes her.  And she likes him. There's no telling what these cunning, famewhores could do if they really put their heads together.  Andy and Bravo want a piece of Bethenny.  That's a card.

• Love 9

They really need to bring on a new lady that is not afraid to challenge her or next season is going to be a snooze. 

OR....I think Andy was right when he talked about how the viewers enjoyed the friendship between Jill and Beth and then missed it when it was gone.  I'll admit I enjoyed watching the scenes, last night, of their friendship.  Which surprised me because I've always disliked Bethenny, a lot.  Moreso than Jill.

So, for next season, why not try to find someone who gets along with Bethenny....oh wait....that would only be Andy.

• Love 11

Maybe one of the cards that she holds is that Andy truly likes her.  And she likes him. 

That I believe.  

It's so much easier to work with people you like than those you don't.

Which surprised me because I've always disliked Bethenny, a lot.  Moreso than Jill.

So, for next season, why not try to find someone who gets along with Bethenny....oh wait....that would only be Andy.

I've always liked Bethenny.  She's smart, quick and makes me laugh so Andy isn't the "only" one.

• Love 13

Yep, she may as well have just hosted that special. Just like on the reunion she seemed to have more control than Andy. I don't understand why he is giving her so much power! Despite what he and B are trying to get viewers to believe, her return really did not set the ratings on fire. They really need to bring on a new lady that is not afraid to challenge her or next season is going to be a snooze. 

Absolutely.  But it's just no win -- for anyone to challenge Bethenny.  Heather knew it & took off quick when she saw this situation.  I don't think Bethenny came off here as well as she & Satan Andy wanted her to.  I didn't care for the way she explained her behavior with Kelly, but the flashbacks spoke volumes.  And so did Kelly.  She revealed a lot.  And that & that alone made this thing worth watching.

Kelly finally, finally, finally revealed the effect this show had on her life.  Hardly surprising.  I mean really, how could anyone come away from watching the Scary Island eps or any of Kelly's later seasons & not think this woman is deeply disturbed -- or at the very least, had some kind of breakdown?  First thing I thought was, how is such a seemingly insane woman responsible for the care of young children.  Seemed outrageous to me.  So I wasn't surprised Kelly brought that issue up -- and yet, I totally was, because she never has before.  

Kelly was angry here.  But she's never shown being all that angry before.  I remember her being angry at the reunions, but wow, not like this.  Usually (when she pops up on the show or elsewhere), Kelly always seems to show herself as a happy carefree loon -- and that's about it.

I thought Bethenny's comments about her past behavior toward Kelly were very, very cold.  She clearly has no regrets. Now, don't get me wrong, I have just about zero sympathy for Kelly.  She put herself on this show & stayed by her own choice.  She's the one who pretended a dude hooker was her boyfriend.  She's the one who said that vile "I'm up here & you're down there" remark.  Oy, it's so many years later & Kelly is on here still offering lame explanations (nobody is buying) for what she meant by that remark.  She doesn't need to re-explain it.  We all knew then what she meant & everyone applauded Bethenny for pouncing on Kells for making that awful remark.

Bethenny was absolutely right when she said everyone who was a nerd or not cool could empathize with her, when Kelly said that bullshit.  So yeah, she really should be thanking Kelly for using her as a springboard to establish herself as an audience favorite.  The prob for me is, Bethenny was just relentless about squashing Kelly like a bug.  I just thought she was extremely cold in the way she discussed it here.  

And we saw definitively from the flashbacks, Bethenny was absolutely the one who jumped on Kelly first.  And it looked pretty clear to me she only did it for Kelly & the audience to notice her.  I've never bought the "systematic bullying" babble from Kelly.  But for the first time, after watching this, I thought maybe she has a point.  It sure as fuck drove home what a cold-as-ice woman Bethenny is & it made me like her less.  Exactly what Bethenny & Satan Andy don't want.

Aviva's presence was strange.  Just strange.  Satan Andy was not friendly to her -- altho he wasn't unfriendly or mean.  Did anyone notice how sarcastic she was & how she was taking pot-shots at him?  WTF?  OK, she's still a nasty, mean woman.  Interesting to see she was planning on using the "Sonja is Anna Nicole" line before she even started.  Whatevs.  Be gone, hun.

Something is going on with Jillzy.  We all know she takes any op she can get to have her mug on TV.  So what gives?  Why wasn't she here?  Did she figure Bethenny is running the show now & she'd get slaughtered?  Nah, I don't think so.  Jillzy is pretty fearless, especially when it comes to taking any op for camera time.  I think she woulda used Bethenny's "revenge mode" & venom & tried to turn it on her.  Mighta been fun to watch.  Anyhoo, what's goin' on with you, Jillzy?

This show shoulda been called Bethenny's Revenge Tour.  And Satan Andy is either just along for the ride or to merely serve to prop her up & ONLY ask the questions which serve her purposes.  In this thing, her only purpose was to get back at anyone she wanted to get back at -- Kells, Moaner, Lu, whoever.  Guess the words "get over it" are not in Bethenny's vocab, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

I still am surprised that Heathers talking head calling bethenny a bitch made it onto the show. It wad hilarious cause it was true..Bethenny is a bitch. And I'm wondering..wad bethenny bullied growing up? If so, it could explain so much about her..cause those that are bullied have a higher likelihood of being a bully later on..if they don't deal with the effects of being bullied.

• Love 5

I really thought that Kelly didn't mean the up/down thing with her hands and was more trying to show that they were just different people from different worlds and used her hand gestures wrong.  It got way blown out of proportion and Kelly is no match for Bethenny in the wits department.  She was never going to win.   Kelly is a loon for sure as much as Sonja is or Ramona is but something happened to that woman on Scary Island.  And say what you want about the bullying, Kelly, you were dishing it out to Bethenny pretty hard too when they were talking about one night stands and whether or not B was a chef or a cook.  She was harsh.

One thing that bugged me last night was when Ramona talked about regretting what she said on the bridge (good for her) and said it was her regret.  When Bethenny was asked for a regret she had NONE.  Then she gave Ramona props for being able to dish it out and apologize for it when she, herself, cannot do that.  If Bethenny offends, she's just being real or saying it like it is.  Be damned the person she's crushed.  It really drives me nuts.

And I had to fast forward through Bethenny's crying jag.  Is there any housewife who cries more than this woman???

• Love 19

First off the superficial:

I loved, loved, loved Kristen's shoes.

Dorinda's short hair is great on her, but damn that was a lot of boob.

Ramona has gone too far with the plastic surgery. Her body is on point but now her face looks like the typical woman trying to roll back the odometer via fillers, botox and other procedures and Father Time ain't having it.

Whatever Bethenny did to her face is award winning. She looks the best she ever had with that cut and her face. She looks like herself but not. I can't even figure out what she did (which is why it is so damn good) but her jaw and cheekbones look way less .... harsh? Her face just seems less wide.

WTF was going on with Carole's hair? The color is good but the way she wore it back from her face was no bueno. Kinda reminded me of the 80s wall of hair in a way.

Now for the meat:

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. When I first saw it recorded on my DVR, my 1st inclination was to delete, especially since it was freaking 2 hours long. However, after pressing play after a few minutes I really liked the stroll down memory lane.

The audition tapes were fun.

I get Kelly wanting and the show wishing to give her equal time but I am tired of seeing and hearing her try to justify or minimize her nonsensical erratic behavior, especially on Scary Island. 

I kinda respect Jill for refusing to participate. She wasn't gonna win. It seems that her sense finally won out over her famewhore thirst. Brava! She would have come out looking bad no matter what especially with Bethenny back on the show and pretty much in the cat bird seat on the show to the point where the show should be renamed Bethenny ... and the rest, in the City. It would have just amounted to Andy interviewing Jill and then going to Bethanny and saying "You know Jill said this; Jill said that; Jill's big regret is this' blah, blah, blah with Bethenny sitting there righteously getting the last word and given the final opportunity to tap dance all over Jill AGAIN and put one more nail in her coffin. I say none of this to mean that Jill was done wrong or made to look bad when she wasn't. Jill is a trip and did some awful things but I think for one the horse is dead - stop beating. Secondly, I think B is horrible in her own special way and uses and throws away people when they are no longer of use. YMMV. 

I agree with all who have said that the power dynamics of the show are way off, which was what I was afraid of when B's return was announced. Dorinda being afraid to imitate B after B imitated her speaks volume. No one feels they can clap back at Bethenny. 

• Love 17

Kelly has been tweeting all day.  It's very sad.  

There are times she makes sense, on Twitter isn't one of them.  I do believe Bethenny said she wanted to  destroy her and Bethenny gets away with anything she wants to do.  I think if Kelly were allowed to intelligently address Bethenny without Bethenny shifting her mouth into verdrive there might become a time that Bethenny gets where Kelly is coming from.

Bethenny may be the most successful money wise but as a person I think she is pretty near the bottom.  All of last year's returning cast of RHOBH seem to have better marriages and relationships.  I didn't realize the RH franchise was about who could make the most money off their exposure on the show.  To me, that is how Bethenny came off in last night's show.

• Love 4

That I believe.  

I've always liked Bethenny.  She's smart, quick and makes me laugh so Andy isn't the "only" one.

You and Andy aren't the only ones.....I've been a Bethenny fan since day 1.  I get her.  She would fit right in with my and my girlfriends.  

• Love 13

Andy wanted her to pay her own way to fly to New York.  I guess they were testing the "thirst" level.  She wisely said no and said logistically it did not work in Australia.

Wow. That's just... in one way, unsurprising, since it's Andy Cohen we're talking about. But on the other, that Bravo wouldn't even foot the cost of a plane ticket (and I do realize flights from NYC to Australia aren't cheap, but then again neither are flights to St. Barth's or Turks and Caicos) is just... wow, Bravo, really?

• Love 12

I really thought that Kelly didn't mean the up/down thing with her hands and was more trying to show that they were just different people from different worlds and used her hand gestures wrong.  It got way blown out of proportion and Kelly is no match for Bethenny in the wits department.  She was never going to win.   Kelly is a loon for sure as much as Sonja is or Ramona is but something happened to that woman on Scary Island.  And say what you want about the bullying, Kelly, you were dishing it out to Bethenny pretty hard too when they were talking about one night stands and whether or not B was a chef or a cook.  She was harsh.

One thing that bugged me last night was when Ramona talked about regretting what she said on the bridge (good for her) and said it was her regret.  When Bethenny was asked for a regret she had NONE.  Then she gave Ramona props for being able to dish it out and apologize for it when she, herself, cannot do that.  If Bethenny offends, she's just being real or saying it like it is.  Be damned the person she's crushed.  It really drives me nuts.

And I had to fast forward through Bethenny's crying jag.  Is there any housewife who cries more than this woman???

I'm thinking her crying jags are very, very purposeful -- with the sole intent to grab viewer sympathy/empathy & make her appear less cold.  Did it work?  Not to me.  She's over-doing it.  Way over-doing it.  And maybe she shouldn't have cried 2 seconds after she said Jillzy's apology to her at the last reunion they appeared together was "theatrics".  That description stuck in my head when I saw her cry for the billionth time.  Enough with the fucking crying already, Bethenny.  Get the message yet, Miss Calculating?  The crying doesn't work anymore.  You've played it out.  Try something else, hun.

OK, Satan Andy, we get it.  You've handed the show over to Bethenny, leaving everyone else terrified of her & irrelevant.  So what now?  Guess next season will be SkinnyGirl just being repeated endlessly.  Ugh.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

Absolutely.  But it's just no win -- for anyone to challenge Bethenny.  Heather knew it & took off quick when she saw this situation.  I don't think Bethenny came off here as well as she & Satan Andy wanted her to.  I didn't care for the way she explained her behavior with Kelly, but the flashbacks spoke volumes.  And so did Kelly.  She revealed a lot.  And that & that alone made this thing worth watching.

Kelly finally, finally, finally revealed the effect this show had on her life.  Hardly surprising.  I mean really, how could anyone come away from watching the Scary Island eps or any of Kelly's later seasons & not think this woman is deeply disturbed -- or at the very least, had some kind of breakdown?  First thing I thought was, how is such a seemingly insane woman responsible for the care of young children.  Seemed outrageous to me.  So I wasn't surprised Kelly brought that issue up -- and yet, I totally was, because she never has before.  

Kelly was angry here.  But she's never shown being all that angry before.  I remember her being angry at the reunions, but wow, not like this.  Usually (when she pops up on the show or elsewhere), Kelly always seems to show herself as a happy carefree loon -- and that's about it.

I thought Bethenny's comments about her past behavior toward Kelly were very, very cold.  She clearly has no regrets. Now, don't get me wrong, I have just about zero sympathy for Kelly.  She put herself on this show & stayed by her own choice.  She's the one who pretended a dude hooker was her boyfriend.  She's the one who said that vile "I'm up here & you're down there" remark.  Oy, it's so many years later & Kelly is on here still offering lame explanations (nobody is buying) for what she meant by that remark.  She doesn't need to re-explain it.  We all knew then what she meant & everyone applauded Bethenny for pouncing on Kells for making that awful remark.

Bethenny was absolutely right when she said everyone who was a nerd or not cool could empathize with her, when Kelly said that bullshit.  So yeah, she really should be thanking Kelly for using her as a springboard to establish herself as an audience favorite.  The prob for me is, Bethenny was just relentless about squashing Kelly like a bug.  I just thought she was extremely cold in the way she discussed it here.  

And we saw definitively from the flashbacks, Bethenny was absolutely the one who jumped on Kelly first.  And it looked pretty clear to me she only did it for Kelly & the audience to notice her.  I've never bought the "systematic bullying" babble from Kelly.  But for the first time, after watching this, I thought maybe she has a point.  It sure as fuck drove home what a cold-as-ice woman Bethenny is & it made me like her less.  Exactly what Bethenny & Satan Andy don't want.

Aviva's presence was strange.  Just strange.  Satan Andy was not friendly to her -- altho he wasn't unfriendly or mean.  Did anyone notice how sarcastic she was & how she was taking pot-shots at him?  WTF?  OK, she's still a nasty, mean woman.  Interesting to see she was planning on using the "Sonja is Anna Nicole" line before she even started.  Whatevs.  Be gone, hun.

Something is going on with Jillzy.  We all know she takes any op she can get to have her mug on TV.  So what gives?  Why wasn't she here?  Did she figure Bethenny is running the show now & she'd get slaughtered?  Nah, I don't think so.  Jillzy is pretty fearless, especially when it comes to taking any op for camera time.  I think she woulda used Bethenny's "revenge mode" & venom & tried to turn it on her.  Mighta been fun to watch.  Anyhoo, what's goin' on with you, Jillzy?

This show shoulda been called Bethenny's Revenge Tour.  And Satan Andy is either just along for the ride or to merely serve to prop her up & ONLY ask the questions which serve her purposes.  In this thing, her only purpose was to get back at anyone she wanted to get back at -- Kells, Moaner, Lu, whoever.  Guess the words "get over it" are not in Bethenny's vocab, eh?

I really thought that Bethenny and Ramona TBH should've had some sort of empathetic epiphany WRT Scary Island and realized that in retrospect they could've handled it a little better or at least regretted not handling it better in retrospect.  They are just cold.  And please, I think Ramona only regrets saying that to Bethenny AT THAT TIME (Ramona's qualifier - she just regrets saying it at that time, not saying it) because Bethenny is so powerful.

First off the superficial:

I loved, loved, loved Kristen's shoes.

Dorinda's short hair is great on her, but damn that was a lot of boob.

Ramona has gone too far with the plastic surgery. Her body is on point but now her face looks like the typical woman trying to roll back the odometer via fillers, botox and other procedures and Father Time ain't having it.

Whatever Bethenny did to her face is award winning. She looks the best she ever had with that cut and her face. She looks like herself but not. I can't even figure out what she did (which is why it is so damn good) but her jaw and cheekbones look way less .... harsh? Her face just seems less wide.

WTF was going on with Carole's hair? The color is good but the way she wore it back from her face was no bueno. Kinda reminded me of the 80s wall of hair in a way.

Now for the meat:

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. When I first saw it recorded on my DVR, my 1st inclination was to delete, especially since it was freaking 2 hours long. However, after pressing play after a few minutes I really liked the stroll down memory lane.

The audition tapes were fun.

I get Kelly wanting and the show wishing to give her equal time but I am tired of seeing and hearing her try to justify or minimize her nonsensical erratic behavior, especially on Scary Island. 

I kinda respect Jill for refusing to participate. She wasn't gonna win. It seems that her sense finally won out over her famewhore thirst. Brava! She would have come out looking bad no matter what especially with Bethenny back on the show and pretty much in the cat bird seat on the show to the point where the show should be renamed Bethenny ... and the rest, in the City. It would have just amounted to Andy interviewing Jill and then going to Bethanny and saying "You know Jill said this; Jill said that; Jill's big regret is this' blah, blah, blah with Bethenny sitting there righteously getting the last word and given the final opportunity to tap dance all over Jill AGAIN and put one more nail in her coffin. I say none of this to mean that Jill was done wrong or made to look bad when she wasn't. Jill is a trip and did some awful things but I think for one the horse is dead - stop beating. Secondly, I think B is horrible in her own special way and uses and throws away people when they are no longer of use. YMMV. 

I agree with all who have said that the power dynamics of the show are way off, which was what I was afraid of when B's return was announced. Dorinda being afraid to imitate B after B imitated her speaks volume. No one feels they can clap back at Bethenny. 

Too much boob is right Dorinda.  Did she get a boob job?  And Ramona your eyes are not slits.  Bad job.

Bethenny lost the home plate look on her face.  She looks so much better.  She has a good surgeon.

ITA that it was enjoyable watching Jill and Bethenny scenes last night.  I didn't realize how much I liked the two of them together because I have grown to dislike them each separately. 

I wanted to see more of Cindy Barshop and her creepy scenes.  She was such a bad mother and bad person.  Sonja knew how to annoy her to no end.

• Love 10

What bugs me about Kelly is that she can't seem to own or admit that her behavior on Scary Island *was* crazy. Was Bethenny rude, did she yell at her and call her crazy? Yes....but that was not what damaged Kelly's reputation. The way Kelly acted damaged her reputation. Everyone sees this but Kelly....and Kelly can't see this because she's fucking crazy. It's a vicious cycle.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 15

What bugs me about Kelly is that she can't seem to own or admit that her behavior on Scary Island *was* crazy. Was Bethenny rude, did she yell at her and call her crazy? Yes....but that was not what damaged Kelly's reputation. The way Kelly acted damaged her reputation. Everyone sees this but Kelly....and Kelly can't see this because she's fucking crazy. It's a vicious cycle.

So many housewives have this problem.  They blame the person calling out their behavior for ruining their lives, as though viewers would never ever have noticed their atrocious behavior otherwise.  Kim from BH is a prime example, as though we'd never have noticed how high and drunk she was all the time.

We see you, Kelly, and it has nothing to do with Bethenny or any of the other Ho's calling you crazy.

• Love 12

Wow. That's just... in one way, unsurprising, since it's Andy Cohen we're talking about. But on the other, that Bravo wouldn't even foot the cost of a plane ticket (and I do realize flights from NYC to Australia aren't cheap, but then again neither are flights to St. Barth's or Turks and Caicos) is just... wow, Bravo, really?

Keep in mind, both Alex & Simon were a thorn in the side of Bravo & Satan Andy.  Oh, he played it real cool & acted like he couldn't care less about their activities.  I didn't believe that for a second.  Simon had a blog where he followed the ratings of Bravo shows closely & he extremely accurately predicted which shows would & would not be renewed.  His insights were interesting & often more on target than what was in the entertainment trade pubs.  

And Alex recapped Bravo shows (as well as reality shows elsewhere), but she would repeatedly reveal a ton of insider stuff (about being on a reality show & particularly about NYC Housewives & the cast & Bravo), which was not common knowledge.  Satan Andy & Bravo couldn't have been thrilled about this stuff -- in particular, what Alex would regularly mention in her recaps, about producer intervention.  I'm certain they were happy to see Silex move far away & these "anti-Bravo" activities of theirs completely stopped.

So is it surprising Bravo would not pay to fly 'em back?  Well, no.  Alex has said before they asked her to come back, but offered little dough, so she passed.  We see Satan Andy has his favs & it never seemed like Simon & Alex were among that group.  They didn't appeal to his fame-ho sensibilities, they lived in Brooklyn, they're not cool or good-looking or rich enough -- on & on & on.  

Anyhoo, maybe I agree with not paying their way back here.  Was it really so necessary to shlep them both back here from Australia?  Not so much.  Neither of them ever did anything against Bethenny, so they didn't especially fit in with the Bethenny's Revenge Tour theme going on.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

ITA, Bethenny looked great here.  Not everyone is a fan of molded hair.  I'm not, but the color & cut looked really good on her.  To me, she doesn't look like she's had anything done to her face & yet she looks noticeably better than in the old clips.  Hmmm.  Has she used the SkinnyGirl millions for the handiwork of NYC's best surgeons?  Could be, could be.

Dorinda looked pretty good, but please put on another dress that doesn't serve your boobs on a tray, Dorinda.

Carole?  Oy, Carole.  You are looking mighty strange, hun.  The hair.  Man, I wish my sis would let me post the cute pic of her from 1987 when she was a junior high cheerleader.  She looked adorable & had the exact same hair Carole was sporting in this thing.  But that was in 1987 & sis was only 13.  Get the message, Carole?  Maybe not.  I'll be more clear.  We know you're dating a guy 800 years younger than you, but even he'll appreciate a hairstyle switch.  And please, please, please ease up with those injectables, Carole.

Lu looked like Lu.  At least she finally ditched that hideous HSN dress.  Oh, that thing was fugly.  But Moaner, oh Moaner.  Her eyes now remind me of the slot machines in Atlantic City.  The poor thing has nickel slots for eyes.  What the hell?

• Love 9

You and Andy aren't the only ones.....I've been a Bethenny fan since day 1.  I get her.  She would fit right in with my and my girlfriends.

I get her too!

Considering the train wrecks we've seen on the other HW's shows, it makes sense for Bravo to feature Bethenny and her success. The New York show hasn't been tainted by criminals, tragedies and trailer park trash. NJ gave us famewhores and felons. BH gave us a suicide, a drug/alcohol abuser and trashy Brandi. The OC gave us dead beat dads, grifters and more trailer park trash.

• Love 8

I could easily have this wrong but my understanding is that Andy has his own production company that Bravo houses (leases to Andy?) in their compound. Bravo purchases programs from Andy's company and Andy's company finances the production costs of his shows. So it would seem to me that Andy's company would be responsible for costs incurred for filming etc. Be it renting space for reunions or flying Alex to NYC so she could be a participant. Andy no longer works for Bravo.

I wouldn't mind seeing the supreme awkwardness that was A&S but with this shiny new overbearing Betthhenny factor? I don't want to see them enough to suffer through the Bethy ShitShow to see them. Or really, anyone.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

So many housewives have this problem. They blame the person calling out their behavior for ruining their lives, as though viewers would never ever have noticed their atrocious behavior otherwise. Kim from BH is a prime example, as though we'd never have noticed how high and drunk she was all the time.

We see you, Kelly, and it has nothing to do with Bethenny or any of the other Ho's calling you crazy.

From what I saw while watching the show and when I read everyone's accounts of it later, Kelly acted HORRIBLE for that entire trip. She was accosting all the ladies in a rude fashion, constantly creating stupid petty drama throughout every group outing, butting into every conversation and event with her random and off-putting commentary, and had called Bethenny a "hobag" repeatedly. She also kept yelling at the women to "zip it" and was acting like a crazed harpy for the entire stay before Bethenny finally lost it on her the last night and shrieked "GO TO SLEEP! YOU'RE CRAZY!!!"

Bethenny and the gals had had enough of her theatrics and had been trying to deal with Kelly's antics for far too long by then. I couldn't blame Beth one bit for losing it on her finally, especially being pregnant and stuck with this insane child-woman repeatedly coming at her and claiming Beth was trying to "kill her."

I might've been more sympathetic to Kelly if she had simply been mellow and kept to herself on that trip, but she just kept bugging the other women with her constant insane rants and was a giant ball of need and darkness. She had no one to blame but herself for ruining that trip and came over there with a giant chip on her shoulder. She appeared far more bullying to everyone else on that vacation than them towards her, especially with her glaring lack of manners and decorum.

• Love 22

I thought it was interesting that Heather admitted that she came on the show to (use the viewers) increase Yummy sales.

i guess it worked

I noticed that, too. I had never heard of Yummy before and I'm not really in the market for shapewear, but this makes me wanna buy some Spanx. Holla!

• Love 3

That I believe.  

Me too. I love Bethenny's wit and am thankful that it's back. I'd take hours of Bethenny over most of the airheads on the other franchises. But, then again, I also think Andy is pretty funny most of the time, so god knows there must be something wrong with me. I'd hang with both of them, and I think we'd have a great time. Incidentally, I've worked with 4 network people who worked with Andy for years and the only bad(ish) thing they've ever said about him was that he was ambitious. 

I get her too!

Considering the train wrecks we've seen on the other HW's shows, it makes sense for Bravo to feature Bethenny and her success. The New York show hasn't been tainted by criminals, tragedies and trailer park trash. NJ gave us famewhores and felons. BH gave us a suicide, a drug/alcohol abuser and trashy Brandi. The OC gave us dead beat dads, grifters and more trailer park trash.

I'm with you.

Speaking of train wrecks, I wasn't thrilled to see Kelly. She looks god awful and she never has a thing to say that is interesting to me. Mostly she just makes me feel uncomfortable. Though - it was fantastic to see her running through the streets again like a lunatic.

I loved this special and it really made me appreciate this cast. Kristen bores me a little, but I'd be happy if they all stayed, the balance is nice and none of them are idiots. I'll miss Heather quite a bit. :(

It also made me realize how much I have hated certain HWs from this franchise - Kelly, Aviva, Cindy. Don't let the door hit you on your asses on the way out. I would have LOVED some Alex time though. I really miss both Alex and Simon. I liked it that the ladies all said nice things about Alex. 

Lu on the camel - I need that on my dvr for whenever I'm in a bad mood. Instant antidepressant. 

• Love 13

OR....I think Andy was right when he talked about how the viewers enjoyed the friendship between Jill and Beth and then missed it when it was gone.  I'll admit I enjoyed watching the scenes, last night, of their friendship.  Which surprised me because I've always disliked Bethenny, a lot.  Moreso than Jill.

I thought Carole was auditioning for the job of Bs sidekick. Lots of mentions of them together post season without Heather.

Me too. I love Bethenny's wit and am thankful that it's back. I'd take hours of Bethenny over most of the airheads on the other franchises. But, then again, I also think Andy is pretty funny most of the time, so god knows there must be something wrong with me. I'd hang with both of them, and I think we'd have a great time. Incidentally, I've worked with 4 network people who worked with Andy for years and the only bad(ish) thing they've ever said about him was that he was ambitious. 

I'm with you.

Speaking of train wrecks, I wasn't thrilled to see Kelly. She looks god awful and she never has a thing to say that is interesting to me. Mostly she just makes me feel uncomfortable. Though - it was fantastic to see her running through the streets again like a lunatic.

I loved this special and it really made me appreciate this cast. Kristen bores me a little, but I'd be happy if they all stayed, the balance is nice and none of them are idiots. I'll miss Heather quite a bit. :(

It also made me realize how much I have hated certain HWs from this franchise - Kelly, Aviva, Cindy. Don't let the door hit you on your asses on the way out. I would have LOVED some Alex time though. I really miss both Alex and Simon. I liked it that the ladies all said nice things about Alex. 

Lu on the camel - I need that on my dvr for whenever I'm in a bad mood. Instant antidepressant. 

Lu on the camel can be found at any time on YouTube.

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that Heather admitted that she came on the show to (use the viewers) increase Yummy sales.

i guess it worked

Yup, this worked out pretty well for Heather.  She got the Yummie name really out there & now she can sell a ton of her stuff by going on HSN now & again.  Hey, Moaner pointed it out the other nite when she was on WWHL, that Heather just had no storyline this season.  And she didn't.  Her presence was so different than last season.  I don't mean her personality changed in any way.  It didn't.  But she was shoved aside to make room for Bethenny & her bullshit.  It didn't seem obvious at the time, but now I'm thinking Heather's OTT hysterics about The Naked Guy was her pitch to get some camera time.  Maybe?

What about Lu crying over the Count?  She strikes me as not all that different than Sonja -- in so many ways.  I suspect she really misses her fancy-shmancy lifestyle she was enjoying with the Count.  Man, that Count always seemed to me like such an unpleasant character.  And in so many of the scenes of them together (alone, not with the kids), Lu looked absolutely miserable.  We know now he was cheating on her like crazy & she had her own extremely active sex life, while the Count was away in Europe.  Hmmm, yet another thing Moaner pointed out all-too-correctly.  So was Lu crying about that icky Count -- or is she missing traveling all over Europe & living the luxe life, which she sure can't afford to do now?

• Love 6

Oh and what about Kells whining that she's a single mother & implying (er, actually outright saying) she's financially responsible for her children?  I'm thinking her wealthy & famous ex, Gilles, would not exactly be thrilled about her implying he does not financially support his children.  For years, Kelly would not acknowledge that just about everyone around thinks she's crazy.  By refusing to acknowledge this, it made her seem crazier.  She took a step in the right direction by talking about how people see her -- directly because of the show.

I've mentioned in other threads I have a good friend who was an editor at AM New York, where Kelly has been a "columnist" for years.  He said she was totally fine to deal with, but he was extremely nervous at first to interact with her, & nobody else there wanted to have any connection to her or to even speak to her.  He said everyone who worked there was really frightened of her.  But she was never anything other friendly & nice, so she was able to get past the initial feelings of anxiety toward her, but it took some time.  I suspect she's had to deal with this a lot.  And it's certainly because of the show.  Is she blaming Bethenny for this?  I don't buy it, if she is.  She acted pretty nuts on Scary Island all on her own.

I wonder if Bethenny saying Kelly is "not suited for reality TV" & how she's "fragile" is her warning to Kelly -- that if she's dumb enough to come back again, she will absolutely (without any hesitation) slaughter her.  Is she dumb enough to come back?  Idk.  Satan Andy would have her back in a second.  And I could so see Bethenny salivating over the op to slaughter Kelly & serve her up to us in pieces.  Stay far away, dopey Kelly -- enjoy your oddball daily coverage in the Daily Mail, but stay far, far away from what is now The SkinnyGirl Show.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I thought Carole was auditioning for the job of Bs sidekick. Lots of mentions of them together post season without Heather.

Lu on the camel can be found at any time on YouTube.

I really think Heather's and Carole's friendship will stand the test of time even though Heather left the show. They still tweet each other and they have tweeted photos of themselves, together, since Heather announced she quit the show. I also don't think Heather cares if Carole and Bethenny are friends, I just don't see her as a jealous type of person, not able to share friendships, IMO, she, Heather is more mature than that. (Unlike Ramona and Luann LOL)

• Love 14

Jill Zarin refusing to be a part of this?  I am shocked she didn't want her mug on tv.

Where was Alex?

Andy wanted her to pay her own way to fly to New York.  I guess they were testing the "thirst" level.  She wisely said no and said logistically it did not work in Australia.

But there wasn't any reason why A&S had to fly 1/2 way around the world to be part of the reunion show; they have this new thing called satellites now. They could have participated from their living room.

Oh and what about Kells whining that she's a single mother & implying (er, actually outright saying) she's financially responsible for her children?  I'm thinking her wealthy & famous ex, Gilles, would not exactly be thrilled about her implying he does not financially support his children.

Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing when she came out with that bit of idiocy. Of course her ex is paying support, and I suspect quite a bit. Didn't she also get (or have enough $ to buy) what looked like a quite nice place in the Hamptons to go along with her NY apartment or condo or whatever she has? I doubt that her writing career is going all that far to finance those places along with her and her two daughter's upkeep.

• Love 10

But there wasn't any reason why A&S had to fly 1/2 way around the world to be part of the reunion show; they have this new thing called satellites now. They could have participated from their living room.

Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing when she came out with that bit of idiocy. Of course her ex is paying support, and I suspect quite a bit. Didn't she also get (or have enough $ to buy) what looked like a quite nice place in the Hamptons to go along with her NY apartment or condo or whatever she has? I doubt that her writing career is going all that far to finance those places along with her and her two daughter's upkeep.

Didn't Kelly's ex own the apartment she was living in?

• Love 2

It was fun watching all the clips from past seasons since I wasn't following this show during those early years. I think I turned it on once when Jill Zarin was a cast member and couldn't stand her for more than five minutes and never watched again for a couple of years. I watched a season when Alex and Simon McCord were cast members. I include Simon as one of the housewives since it seemed he was there a lot. I couldn't stand either one of them. Her laugh alone made me want to slap her. And Simon, what else can I say about him other than he creeped me out totally. I always felt Simon and Alex had some kind of sado-masochistic dungeon in the basement of their Brooklyn home. A room that was well insulated and sound-proofed so their kids couldn't hear the nasty things going on there. I was so happy when Alex and was replaced by Heather. Then Heather started getting on my nerves with her 'holla' and 'hi baby' and I'm glad she's leaving after 3 seasons.

I found Ramona more likable and she appeared more sane this season. Getting rid of creepy Mario seems like it was a step forward for Ramona because she seems less toxic and angry. Either that or she switched her meds around and found something besides Xanax that works for her.  I still like Dorinda, Bethenny and Kristen. I'm lukewarm on Sonja, Carole and LuAnn.

Nearly each of the women has been able to increase her fortune by way of RHoNY. Heather with her underwear line, Bethenny with her Skinny Girl booze, Carole with her books, Sonja with her multi-brands. The franchise has made them all richer than rich including Andy Cohen. Who the hell ever heard of him before Real Housewives? What did he do for a living anyway?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

I'm with you.

If there's something wrong with you, I have it too and so do quite a few posters.  I post about liking both Bethenny and Andy regularly but don't bother responding to the negative posters.   If they want to love to hate someone or something, that's their right.

I laughed so hard when I saw the clip of LuAnn on the camel.  I just may keep this episode forever too.  It would have been nice to see Alex.  I always enjoyed her and Simon.  They were a little "out there" but that was part of their charm.

I know some people with USA network (part of the same network family) and they've had nothing but good things to say about Andy.  

I stopped watching NY the season after Bethenny left (wasn't that the one with Cindy?).  I just couldn't stand her or get into it and then I skipped both seasons with Aviva.  

This season was my homecoming to RHONY and Bethenny was the reason.  The cast is unique and it's always been my favorite franchise.

• Love 6

I really think Heather's and Carole's friendship will stand the test of time even though Heather left the show. They still tweet each other and they have tweeted photos of themselves, together, since Heather announced she quit the show. I also don't think Heather cares if Carole and Bethenny are friends, I just don't see her as a jealous type of person, not able to share friendships, IMO, she, Heather is more mature than that. (Unlike Ramona and Luann LOL)

I didn't say anything about B coming between Heather and Carole and I agree with you. I think Carole may well like B and also be making a business decision to favor her position and story for next season. Carole likes to hook up with people in a more powerful position than herself.

• Love 4

As others have stated, this was not a case of Kelly getting to a point of frustration or anything else with the women.  Kelly had no problem dishing out her opinions on the other women.  This was not a women who was reacting to a situation.   The other women were reacting - and she wasn't 'used' to that.  This is a person who probably has been placated all her life.  Well, then there's the boyfriend she punched. 

I can't stand watching her because she is just so damn disturbing.  There's something very wrong with her.

• Love 11

Note to Andy:  Andy, one of your most popular questions is asking housewives about 'work' that they have done.  After watching the 100th episode and seeing Beth in former seasons, why have you never asked Beth about what work 'she' has done?  Because it's so obvious that something has changed with the jawbone.

• Love 13

Bethenny actually said, "I am the most successful housewife."  I am pretty sure she was speaking about all of the housewife shows, not just NY.  Wow.

She actually said "People say I'm the most successful housewife," which is a sliiiiiiight distinction.

What about Lu crying over the Count?  She strikes me as not all that different than Sonja -- in so many ways.  I suspect she really misses her fancy-shmancy lifestyle she was enjoying with the Count.  Man, that Count always seemed to me like such an unpleasant character.  And in so many of the scenes of them together (alone, not with the kids), Lu looked absolutely miserable.  We know now he was cheating on her like crazy & she had her own extremely active sex life, while the Count was away in Europe.  Hmmm, yet another thing Moaner pointed out all-too-correctly.  So was Lu crying about that icky Count -- or is she missing traveling all over Europe & living the luxe life, which she sure can't afford to do now?

I wonder if she was crying because the footage was of her kids when they were younger. (That clip was kinda funny, too. Young Noel: "Let's name him Aston." Young Victoria: "No, that's a horrible name. Everyone will hate it.") They're adults now. It may have been a unexpected wave of nostalgia. And maybe they gave away the dog to somebody.

Sometimes on the boards people have been critical of Carole for outing Sonja's, erm, activities with the Johnny Depp pirate ("I don't want to say butt-fuck! It's so rude!"), so it was interesting to find out that the only thing Carole regrets is that confessional -- and that she had written Sonja a personal letter after that episode aired. The Sonja/Carole dynamic has alwas been an interesting one to me. I remember an interview where Carole said she perfectly likes Sonja, but that she can't deal with people who are unwilling to live in reality.

I know Jill had her own bullshit reasons for boycotting the show, but I wonder if she would have done it had it been like the OC 100th special (talking heads versus interviews with Andy). Didn't ATL use the talking heads format? I wonder if Andy chose this format because it would be easy to get everyone to the clubhouse (well, not you, Alex McCord).

With the footage of Aviva throwing her leg, I'm so bummed they didn't show all the reactions. LuAnn laughing hysterically while everyone else looks on in horror absolutely made that scene for me.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 2

I enjoyed seeing Alec and Simon again.  They are so very odd that to me they were always entertaining.  all of the audition tapes were fun, but I really liked theirs.

When I first saw Kelly, I immediately noticed that she still has incredible legs.  Wow.  Then they focused on her overly-tanned face and yikes.  I actually do feel bad for her because of how horribly scary island was shown.  The women attacked, she attacked too, and then she fell apart quite spectacularly on national TV.  She was right about one thing - it is hard to recover from that.  

I could have done without ever seeing Aviva again.  At least she admitted she had planned to throw her leg. That whole scene was so ridiculous.  

• Love 6

When I first saw Kelly, I immediately noticed that she still has incredible legs.  Wow.  Then they focused on her overly-tanned face and yikes.  I actually do feel bad for her because of how horribly scary island was shown.  The women attacked, she attacked too, and then she fell apart quite spectacularly on national TV.  She was right about one thing - it is hard to recover from that.  

My theory on Kelly is, there's definitely something going on with her, which she's not sharing.  We're not getting the whole story on her.  Moaner said maybe she was on meds on Scary Island.  That could be.  Maybe she is on meds & she took too many.  Or maybe she went off them -- and the result is what we saw on Scary Island.  Lots of people have severe mental health conditions which can be greatly helped & controlled with meds.  Maybe Kelly is one of those people.  And maybe she's still in denial that she made an extremely poor decision to go on this show & to continue with it.  She should just stay away.

I'm still struck by Bethenny's cold demeanor/attitude when it comes to how she dealt with Kelly.  Her attitude was that Kelly put herself on the show so it was fine & dandy for Bethenny to crush her.  She said that's just who she is (snarky, abrasive & whatever else she said).  Um, that's her justification for crushing Kelly?  Really?  And yet she acknowledges Kelly is fragile.  Is it possible Bethenny may have gone overboard with her snark on Kelly?  Oh, she ain't EVER gonna admit to that.  At least Moaner said she regretted the cruel shit she said to Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge.  Would Bethenny do the same for Kelly?  No way, no way, no way, no way.  Bethenny sets the rules now & she ain't gonna do that for anyone.  

Let's get this straight, here & now.  I do not hate Bethenny, but man, she keeps doing all this stuff (particularly on this 100th thing) which makes me like her less & less & less . . .

• Love 9

Alex said the logistics didn't work out in Australia for a taped feed.  My guess is Andy wanted a consistent format in his clubhouse.  He basically wanted Bethenny with a few moments from Luann and Ramona.  To me, it became all about Andy and WWHL and the RH were just guests.

The first Reunion Kelly was on Jill said she had a $15 million dollar house in the Hamptons.  According to this article she sold it for far less than the 5.5 million asking price.  I am sure there was a mortgage.

http://hamptons.curbed.com/tags/kelly-bensimon

Unfortunately, I think Kelly has probably stopped receiving spousal support.  Her ex was demoted when there a change of ownership at the magazine he is also now 71 years old.  Her daughters are 15 and 17 so child support is not for much longer.  I think Kelly was truly trying to make something work with one of her product lines.  Kelly writes for a Hamptons paper and gets invited to all the right parties but after almost 10 years of being single it just doesn't seem to be able to find true love.  Maybe after slugging her former fiancé the guys are scared of her.  I don't know what her monthly maintenance fees are or what her apartment is worth today but I don't see a strong income stream for Kelly.

I don't think the purpose of the RH shows was solely to be a vehicle for RH and the present, developing or future product development.  That is where I differ from Andy and Bethenny.  As a viewer I wanted to see their lives, loves, children and some business.  Andy is all about the opportunist and I think the family and their relationships have taken a backseat to the product placement.  I am liking Dorinda so far because she doesn't have product to push, it is refreshing.

• Love 5

I think Bravo would love it if the housewives only came on the show to share their fabulous lives. Problem is there is a very high price to pay for the way Bravo edits the Real Housewives, so the only reason anyone would sign up is if the perks out weigh the negatives. That's a scary tight rope walk for all of them.

Eta: Dorinda promotes John's dry cleaning business.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 6