Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I went to Vikings night practice last Saturday and only one quarterback was available (Browning) because the other three (Cousins, Kellen Mond-second draft pick and Bannion(?). I can't remember his name. I don't know of it was exposure or positive tests, but they are unvaccinated. Mike Zimmer was mad.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I went to Vikings night practice last Saturday and only one quarterback was available (Browning) because the other three (Cousins, Kellen Mond-second draft pick and Bannion(?). I can't remember his name. I don't know of it was exposure or positive tests, but they are unvaccinated. Mike Zimmer was mad.

I believe one was a positive test and the others exposure.  

Coach should be mad.   Teams should be 100 percent vaccinated every one of them, no excuse.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

He injured his foot in training camp in a routine practice.  

If I understand the report I just heard correctly, he had a broken bone in his foot dating back to high school that became dislodged and needs to be repaired surgically. He'll be out 5 -12 weeks.  Which is a very interesting spread. Not sure why it's such a wide range.

If he does end up missing 12 weeks, at least Colts won't have give up their 2022 R1 pick, as he won't hit the percentage of plays that trigger the 2nd round pick becoming a first round pick. 

15 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Oh Lord, his wife's not pregnant again, is she?

Well, the youngest is two now, and they only have the nine - they're due for another one, since they churn one out every couple of years on average.

its-a-uterus-not-a-clown-car.jpg

As for the Giants, all I can do is laugh at the image of Joe Judge making them do 100-yard sprints, then push-ups, then more sprints, then more push-ups, all while screaming cuss words at them in between blowing his whistle.  It's like the R-rated version of the training camp scene in Remember the Titans.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

Do you ever hear an athlete’s name on TV that’s the same name as your kid and you and your kid think “hey, that’s kinda cool”?

Yeah.  I had the exact opposite reaction to finding out the Bucs have a receiver named Tyler Johnson.  Sigh.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Oh Lord, his wife's not pregnant again, is she?

Nah, he just realized what staying home all day with NINE kids entails.   He wants the fuck out of the house.    He should stay home with the kids and his wife can go work now.   It's her turn for a rest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/2/2021 at 11:23 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I believe one was a positive test and the others exposure.  

Coach should be mad.   Teams should be 100 percent vaccinated every one of them, no excuse.  

Yes, the positive was Kellen Mond, the Vikings' 2nd draft pick. But he was already vaccinated. Cousins and the other quarterback are not vaccinated.  Vikings have a chance to be really good this year and losses due to game forfeiture because of Covid are making steam come out of Coach Zimmer's ears.

Looks like Kirk Cousins continues to do Kirk Cousins things. Sigh, if you were vaccinated you wouldn’t have to miss 4 days of practice because of protocols, even if you agree with those protocols. 

• Love 4

Jeez, sometimes football players, coaches and (especially) owners make it really hard to like this sport. The god-bothering evangelicals seem to be slowly taking over, and bringing their anti-science beliefs with them. Give it a few years and teams will be drafting based on how often a player thanked god in their post-game interviews.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 11
On 8/4/2021 at 2:45 AM, mojoween said:

Do you ever hear an athlete’s name on TV that’s the same name as your kid and you and your kid think “hey, that’s kinda cool”?

No, but I worked with someone whose kid was named "Adam Thelin"

I was actually travelling to the pro football hof ceremony by car today, 7 hour drive.  I happen to hear a brief interview with Josh Allen this morning before his contract was announced but when he obviously knew it was a dine deal, just in that narrow window.  He was asked about his contract negotiations and he downplayed it saying 'oh I'm not worried about it' basically.  

Yeah I guess not.....

Nothing to worry about when you're getting $260 million, 150 guaranteed 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Useful 2
On 8/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, merylinkid said:

Football is BACK.   Now we can talk about play on the field, instead of literally everything else.  

And, yet, no one is.  Sure it was only pre-season and I don't like either team, but... it's football!  and it's back!

Loved all the speeches.   So many of them talked about the duty of HOFers to give back to the community and continue to lead on social justice issues.   Peyton's speech also focused on the history of the NFL and its future.   Find the clip of him talking about the busts in the Hall playing 7 on 7.   Calvin Johnson called for the legalization of marijuana.   

But, Charles Woodson should not sing.   Great player, great person.   TERRIBLE singer.  

• Love 3

Alan fanecas speech was the most bland, generic, cliched filled speech ever.  It was like a mad lib speech where he filled in a few things of his own 

All the others were great.  The crowd went crazy for manning, even by hall standards, was unreal.  And I liked his speech the best, most polished, can tell he worked on it. 

For woodson raiders fans held up a sign 'it was a fumble'.  Raiders fans a crazy and dedicated. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, mojoween said:

No matter how many wins and losses any team will have this year, it’s going to look dumb.  13-4?  Dumb.  9-8?  Dumb.  2-15? Dumb.

You know what else is dumb? That the next Super Bowl (56) will be on February 13th. Plus, my NFL summer vacation will have to be postponed for another week. At least the Cowboys won't be playing in it. Another stupid thing that is just as irritating as that is these not worth a damn or my time Power Rankings. What is the point of these Power Rankings? Its means absolutely nothing & its flat out migraine-inducing just tolerating that.

19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

well, at least we won't have the dreaded 8-8 this year .......

Yeah a 17 game season is not what anyone wanted.   32 teams, 16 game season.   It was perfect.   

It was perfect. Someone going for 0-16 is always something to get excited about. Now, that is ruined & there is no way in hell that anybody is going to get 0-17. 

Thanks for nothing again Rams (for last season), Roger Goddell, Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, Daniel Snyder, & the rest of those wretched NFL Owners.

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

well, at least we won't have the dreaded 8-8 this year ....... 

Good point.  You either have a winning or a losing season.  I like it.  I don't mind a 17 game season.  Frankly, an additional game that means something and one less preseason game works for me (added injury potential aside).  Change doesn't always mean dumb.

And, yes, I'm the person that liked 7-inning double headers and starting with a runner on 2nd base in extra innings in baseball.  Sorry that they are probably getting rid of it next year.

I just wish there were two bye weeks with this new 17 week season.  It's a long season and if I could only have two breaks where I didn't have to worry about my team's outcome.*

*Even though I try not to watch to keep my peace of mind.

• Love 2

I just watched the Vikings/Broncos game and Vikings didn't do very well (33-6). Broncos' first score was a safety when there was a penalty that put Vikings into the end zone. But I wasn't too surprised. I was at training camp on Thursday. It was a joint practice with the  Broncos. Right in front of me on one field were Vikings offense vs Broncos defense and we did OK. The first string was practicing (they did not play at all in today's game). On the other practice field the Broncos offense was against the Vikings defense and the Broncos' offense did quite well against the defense. So I had a feeling Broncos would do well today.

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ok and another thing this chaos with the uniform numbers has got to stop.

Last season (and probably this one) the Steelers did not have a single receiver with a number in the eighties. They were all in the teens.

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ok and another thing this chaos with the uniform numbers has got to stop.  Put them back the way they used to be so I can figure out who’s playing what position for cod’s sack.

ITA.  I guess it was a nice gesture to allow for it, but it was really unnecessary

8 hours ago, xaxat said:

Last season (and probably this one) the Steelers did not have a single receiver with a number in the eighties. They were all in the teens.

Thinking about it, that’s been a thing for awhile.  But receivers in single digits?  Linebackers in the thirties?  I don’t agree with Tom Brady on much of anything, but on this, he and I are simpatico.