Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Quotes: "What the hell goes on at night in this house?!"

• Start Topic

On 3/7/2020 at 7:52 AM, BigBingerBro said:

Whenever I see that episode, I always say that Dorothy wore it best.

Agreed! I love when she walks out to model the dress for Sophia, who says "Pussycat, you look sensational!"

• Love 4

Blanche; Now Rose, he's going to ask you if you're seeing other men. Now do you know what you're going to say?

Rose: I'm not sure..

Blanche: Just be bold, be brazen, be brutal! Now what are you going to say?

Rose: *assertive tone*  I'm not sure! 

Blanche: Rose, if you're going to be my lump of clay, you're going to have to be a *little* bit smarter..

Edited by Eri
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, Eri said:

Blanche; Now Rose, he's going to ask you if you're seeing other men. Now do you know what you're going to say?

Rose: I'm not sure..

Blanche: Just be bold, be brazen, be brutal! Now what are you going to say?

Rose: *assertive tone*  I'm not sure! 

Blanche: Rose, if you're going to be my lump of clay, you're going to have to be a *little* bit smarter..

Lmao I just watched that one! Season 6 is fantastic for the banter and one liners. I’m watching the episode where Rose is dating The Cheeseman and Blanche finds out her great grandmother is Jewish.

”Well, I’ll be damned. The black guy is prejudice!” 

“Wow, you find out you’re a Jew with a dilemma and these Rabbis just start coming out of the woodwork!” 

• Love 3
(edited)

{I'm wearing a caftan} Girls, I'm devastated, just devastated. I live in the tri state area and have tickets to the Rod Steward concert. My BIL just told me all concerts were cancelled.  

Well, maybe I'll call Mel Bushman and we could to go bike riding.  Or see if Merrill is still on parole

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

{I'm wearing a caftan} Girls, I'm devastated, just devastated. I live in the tri state area and have tickets to the Rod Steward concert. My BIL just told me all concerts were cancelled.  

Well, maybe I'll call Mel Bushman and we could to go bike riding.  Or see if Merrill is still on parole

If those ideas fail, I suggest you call the Flying Finelli Brothers.

• Love 1

I hate you, I hate you,I hate you drop dead {Blanche}

{I'm paraphrasing this} when Blanche works out with her trainer:  Don't let it out but Derek is 5 younger years than me and Dorothy's booming voice comes out with "In dog years?'

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, One Tough Cookie said:

when Blanche works out with her trainer: 

Another good one is after Blanche realizes Derick's intentions - to the waiter - "Scratch the Watercress - bring me the duck and a double Jack Daniels on the rocks"

• LOL 3

From the episode where Kate tells Dorothy Dennis had an affair. 

Dennis: Mother Dorothy, please

Dorothy: And don't call me Mother Dorothy. I always hate it when you call me that. I feel like I should be selling rice in Calcutta. 

From the episode when Dorothy won't pass the football player.

Blance: I don't see what the big deal is in passing this boy. Why in my neck of the woods we practically gave A's away.

Dorothy: Blanche in your neck of the woods, men named Bubba get into law school.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

In the episode when people were gossiping about Blanche and the politician, she started getting harassing phone calls. On one such phone call, she rants at the caller that she hates them and lose her number and to never call back. After she hangs up, she says "Dorothy, call Stan."

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

In the episode when people were gossiping about Blanche and the politician, she started getting harassing phone calls. On one such phone call, she rants at the caller that she hates them and lose her number and to never call back. After she hangs up, she says "Dorothy, call Stan."

Reminds  me of the one when Stan comes over to tell Dorothy about his bypass surgery. Blanche to the men she and Dorothy were supposed to go out with, "Oh that's Dorothy's ex-husband Stan. Biggest loser you'll ever meet. Hi, Stan!" And Stan goes, "always good to see you too doll face".

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

OK, help me out.  I recently watched "Mrs. George Deveraex and I thought "Sonny Bono get off-my lineai {sp?}but it wasn't on the DVR . What  episode what it on? 

It sounds like the channel you recorded edited it out. The dvds and Hulu have the full episodes while everyone else edits them.

When the girls are talking about the Seven Dwarfs and Dorothy says “and they all had jobs” Blanche responds “in a DIAMOND mine”. I think Rue’s delivery was perfect. Such a very Blanche thing to say. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Ria said:

When the girls are talking about the Seven Dwarfs and Dorothy says “and they all had jobs” Blanche responds “in a DIAMOND mine”. I think Rue’s delivery was perfect. Such a very Blanche thing to say. 

YES!  And the look on her face and the way she turns toward Dorothy.  100% perfect Blanche.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

One of my favorite Rose quotes😄

Dorothy: You just have to learn to live each day just one day at a time

Rose: Well of course you do Dorothy. I mean if you took them two at a time, you'd end up constantly changing your underwear..

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

You don't even know the thrice of them are sitting on the sofa.

Miami is nice, so I'll say it thrice. You are the reason that is stuck in my head.

I liked it a bit better than Miami, Miami, you've got style.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2

One of my favorite moments is when Sophia and Dorothy come out dressed as Sonny and Cher. Sophia says "Do I look like the mayor of Palm Springs?" Rose says Doug Henning is the mayor of Palm Springs? Then Dorothy walks in dressed as Cher. The looks Betty White throws are so funny.

• Love 5

Wal-Mart is selling GG quote pens. Every time you click, a new quote pops up. I was tempted to buy, but trying to live a simpler life and not buy stuff that I don't need. I saw them in the Valentine's aisle if anyone is interested.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Dorothy from the lanai: "Shady Pines, Rose!"

Rose, looking confused: "This shouldn't work on me"

Also, when they are looking in the paper and Rose reads about an explosion breaking windows and Dorothy says: "Rose, that's an article about an earthquake in Guatemala!" I always crack up at the way Bea says Guatemala.

Edited by MaggieG
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Dorothy and Sophia are playing Scrabble and Sophia comes up with Disdam.  Dorothy checks the dictionary and tells her it is not a word.  Dorothy challenges her to use it in a sentence.  Pause.  You're no good with Disdam game.  I'm no Sophia fan, but I thought this was great.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Dorothy and Sophia are playing Scrabble and Sophia comes up with Disdam.  Dorothy checks the dictionary and tells her it is not a word.  Dorothy challenges her to use it in a sentence.  Pause.  You're no good with Disdam game.  I'm no Sophia fan, but I thought this was great.

Because of that episode, when my mom and I play Scrabble, "disdam" counts as a word.

• LOL 8
13 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

There is an interview with Bea Aurthur where she talks about how that was not the original word that Sophia had come up with.  Apparently the censors made them change it.  I don't think she said what the oriignal word was though.

• LOL 3
On 3/24/2021 at 5:37 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Shrimp????

I've been re watching episodes, and the way Rue says "Shrimp?" and then exits is so funny.

• Love 5