Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Quotes: "What the hell goes on at night in this house?!"

• Start Topic

"You have the time. You have the paper. Why don't you sit and write a long letter to your senator."

People can be so angry these days that I'm determined to find an opportunity to use this except I don't know if they'll get the reference 😄

Blanche: If you take away the gruff exterior, the badge and the gun, what do you have?

Dorothy: A naked policeman.

Blanche: EXACTLY! 

So very Blanche. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Blanche: Mel makes me feel young and beautiful and special. When we’re together we laugh a lot.

Sophia: Why wouldn’t you? You’re both naked.

Dorothy: Wait. Blanche, why should you do it?

Blanche: Because we'll have a better chance. I happen to be a wonderful orator. And two of the commissioners can verify that.

Dorothy: Blanche, "orator" means "speaker".

Blanche: Really? Oh. Well, somebody else do the talking.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2

Rose:
Don't be silly Dorothy. They're delicious. You just have to know how to eat them. You hold your nose with one hand [holding nose] and you pop a krispie in your mouth with the other. Mmm! That tastes like cheesecake, fresh strawberries, and chocolate ice cream.

Blanche:
[tries one] My gosh, you're right. That is the best thing I have ever tasted!

Dorothy:
[eating a krispie] This is delicious!

Sophia enters kitchen Hey, give me a break. You can't smell that from the hall!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/2/2021 at 3:11 PM, Hiyo said:

Blanche: Mel makes me feel young and beautiful and special. When we’re together we laugh a lot.

Sophia: Why wouldn’t you? You’re both naked.

Dorothy: Wait. Blanche, why should you do it?

Blanche: Because we'll have a better chance. I happen to be a wonderful orator. And two of the commissioners can verify that.

Dorothy: Blanche, "orator" means "speaker".

Blanche: Really? Oh. Well, somebody else do the talking.

Question- let's say orator is an innuendo suggesting something sexual, why would Blanche think it's appropriate at a neighbourhood meeting?

• Wink 1
  • Love 1

I had assumed that Blanche thought her "oral" abilities could sway the decisions of the two commissioners she was involved with. This was further verified for me when Frieda Claxton threatened pictures and one of commissioners nervously asked if there were any recognizable faces and Blanche told him to shut up lol.

Edited by Eri
  • Useful 2
On 3/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, Prairie Rose said:

I don't know if this technically counts as a quote, but it always cracks me up!! 😂😂😂😂😂

801489.gif

That reminds me of when Dorothy said Blanche "Your initials spell B.E.D.?"

• Love 1
On 3/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Jim shoe? :) 

Dorothy begins to laugh and says very funny Jim Shoe

Then the Japanese  guy gets up and says I am Jim Shu and Dorothy said I am sorry I thought you were pulling my leg,

then he says, I don't think that I can drink that much Saki

and Dorothy says sit down Shu..

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Dorothy begins to laugh and says very funny Jim Shoe

Then the Japanese  guy gets up and says I am Jim Shu and Dorothy said I am sorry I thought you were pulling my leg,

then he says, I don't think that I can drink that much Saki

and Dorothy says sit down Shu..

But he's more than happy to help Rose earn the sheep skin he keeps in his wallet if she'll meet him at Benihana after class.

• LOL 5

I checked out email here at the newspaper where I work and we received a dean's list from St. Olaf College. I can just imagine Rose saying, "I never made the dean's list. Only people named Dean could be on the dean's list in St. Olaf."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

In The Case of the Libertine Bell

Dorothy: she slipped a knife into her purse

Sophia: Big deal; I took a whole place setting

Dorothy: NOT NOW, MA!

I will literally watch this episode just for that exchange.

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I will literally watch this episode just for that exchange.

For me it's Dorothy yelling "although daughters frequently murder their mothers!"

I also like when Dorothy grabs Sophia's head to pantomime the slitting of the throat. Sophia: "Not part of the show people, no part of the show!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The Case of the Libertine Belle is my favorite episode of the whole series. So many gems.

Blanche: I'm from the South. Flirting is part of my heritage.

Rose: What does that mean?

Dorothy: Her mother was a slut too.

*Rose nods in agreement*

Sophia: C'mon, Pussycat, you figured out that mystery at dinner

Dorothy: Oh Ma, that was a game; this is life.

Sophia: Oh yeah, you've never been very good at life.

Dorothy: In the first place, it is unlikely that Gloria murdered her father. Statistics show that patricide is overwhelmingly a male crime, although daughters frequently murder their mothers!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 2/12/2023 at 6:10 AM, nokat said:

Rose getting her HIV test and the Druid priests. "I don't know why I raised my hand."

That whole scene is a master class in comedic line delivery and timing. As she's saying the above line, she's shaking her head at herself. Plus: "And you're not gonna believe this..." The whole freakin' story is absurd! Why would that be the part we don't believe? 

Every time this scene comes on, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and watch it. Bravo, Ms. White.

• Like 2
  • Love 2