Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E27: Episode 27

• Start Topic

Too much Austin tonight. And way way too many Austin DRs. He's so damned annoying in there, too, with the way he slows down his speech and widens his eyes ever-so-slightly and tries to sound honest and earnest.

And screw off with the Judas thing, dude. Judas is a top hat and a name. There's no developed character behind it. It's just him acting like a douchcanoe. The nomination ceremony was particularly annoying, except for Julia cracking up in the middle of it.

• Love 17

Can't say I didn't see that coming. After all of Austin's handwringing I new he wouldn't have the cajones to put Vanessa on the block for the simple matter he woudn't want to spend the time from nominations till Thursday having to deal with her moody breakdowns over it. Worse yet he truly seemed to be backpeddling in his last DR in that he may not backdoor her at all if the opportunity doesn't present..."The time may not be right" which is exactly what LIZ said last week. When will the timing be right? She could be the final two and her opponents save 1 in the Jury because nobody can pull it together and get her out.

How quickly after finale night does Liz's 93% like of Austin evaporate to zero. The real world has a way of killing showmances.

Anyway James and Meg appear safe so I won't be upset if Johnny or Steve go home.

• Love 3

How quickly after finale night does Liz's 93% like of Austin evaporate to zero. The real world has a way of killing showmances.

If he wins I give it 6 months.

If another person wins the relationship is done. And If she wins its "who the fuck are you? Never met ya."

• Love 7

Just watching now.  Liz is rocking the red lipstick.  Meg, give it to her, not a good look on you.  

When Austin won, Vanessa was cool.  She did not even smile.  She is working it every minute, as we know.  oy

What the fuck are Austin's white pony tails ties?  Adhesive tape?  No feeds here. 

ETA, I now see they are white pony tail ties, clearly from the blondes.  And that is good, why?  Don't answer. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

The speech cracked me up only as its bleak existentialism was juxtaposed with the imagery of a lunatic with rubber bands in his beard and a tophat saying it to a bunch of goofballs (epitomized by James in that kitty-cat hat).

• Love 14

At the 00:47 minute mark, after ALL the blathering about his Judas moves and his "nobody runs my game but me" bullshit, Austin says:

"I don't know what to do.  Someone tell me what to do.  Could I have a few minutes alone with Vanessa, please?"

FOAD, Austin.

• Love 12

Austin didn't bother me, but damn, enough of Vanessa and her annoying voice!!!

The nom speech was funny.

I can't tell which is worse, Vanessa's voice or the twins' voices. They all make me cringe.

I'm so sick of these wussy players who don't want to make anybody mad. I miss the old days when making big moves and actually playing the game was the norm. I'm so sick of hearing "blood on my hands".

These guys talk a big game about getting people out but when it comes down to it, they always take the easy way out.

This is the first season since the first one that I'm just not really into it.

Candall, what does FOAD mean?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

They played BB on the CW in Sacramento (the Niners were on) and I don't think there is a CBS replay. Maybe that happened in your market?

I wonder if Austin lives in the Imagainarium or whatever he was saying, because a universe where his alter ego character is amusing to anyone must be in a land of make believe.

• Love 5

These guys talk a big game about getting people out but when it comes down to it, they always take the easy way out.

Yeah and the cycle just repeats itself... if it wasn't for people backing down from their "big moves" Austin wouldn't be around to back down on his own plan! Ugh.

I loved when "Judas" was giving his grande speech and at the end threw the hat and Austin had a look like "whoa what just happened??" It's really too bad Austin didn't fall dramatically down to the floor after the speech and we ended with the twins holding him and trying to fan him back to consciousness.

Do ya think the big red lipstick mark on his cheek was payback for the hickey?

• Love 3

The only reason Austin won that HOA is because his arms are longer than James; it looked to me as if James got to the end before Austin, but Austin was able to reach out and press the buzzer before even reaching the end.

I am really curious, did these people know that they were picked to play the game of "Big Brother"?  You hear them talking about being 'super fans' and rattle off stats and previous players but they are all terrified to nominate the people who NEED to go.  Austin talked a big game, acting all tough wearing no shirt, his disgusting vein tattoos down his arms and his dirty hair (on his head and face) with that stupid 'Slash' tophat, announcing that this was "His" HOA and no one was going to tell him what to do.  Then he chickens out and, as all other HOA's before him, puts up who Vanessa tells him to. Or actually, who Vanessa told the twins to have Austin put up.

What was that with Vanessa belittling Steve for not wanting to be the pawn, telling him that's what you do when you are in an alliance and if you do not want to, then that means you don't have trust in your fellow team mates.  She is doing the same exact thing.  I would have said to her 'then you go up as the pawn!'.  I am so sick of that face she makes, like she is so confused.  I just cannot stand her. 

I about died laughing when Liz told Austin he was an 'ok' kisser.  You can tell she is totally turned off by him, when he tries to kiss her, she just gives him a motherly peck.  When he tries to go in for a deep kiss, she stops it right away.  She does not even like him 93%, she is not fooling anyone.  She is using him to keep herself safe in this game.  I just cannot wait until the show is over and they see they are not the showmance that America is cheering on. 

On finale night, when Vanessa is sitting in that chair with the $500,000.00 check in her lying little hands, I hope the rest of them are happy that they do not have blood on their hands!

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 9

While Vanessa may be playing a pretty good game each week, she is playing a terrible game from the game theory standpoint for the final prize.  She has managed to come off as the biggest threat of her alliance, so she'll probably be the first to go.  If she does make it to the final 4 with her alliance, then there is absolutely no one who will take her to the F3 or F2 (never ally with someone in a showmance with a twin).  The fact that floaters don't see the need to break up that trio is not surprising.  The fact that Vanessa, a supposed game theorist, does not see that need is incredible. 

• Love 1

What was that with Vanessa belittling Steve for not wanting to be the pawn, telling him that's what you do when you are in an alliance and if you do not want to, then that means you don't have trust in your fellow team mates.  She is doing the same exact thing.  I would have said to her 'then you go up as the pawn!'.  I am so sick of that face she makes, like she is so confused.  I just cannot stand her. 

The difference is that Vanessa isn't close to John, so of course she'd vote to evict him over Steve. However, Steve literally admitted in that conversation that he's closer to John than he is Vanessa. So, if Vanessa and John are on the block together, despite the alliance, they can't count on Steve's vote, because why would he vote out the person he's closest to in the house (John)?

While Vanessa may be playing a pretty good game each week, she is playing a terrible game from the game theory standpoint for the final prize.  She has managed to come off as the biggest threat of her alliance, so she'll probably be the first to go.  If she does make it to the final 4 with her alliance, then there is absolutely no one who will take her to the F3 or F2 (never ally with someone in a showmance with a twin).  The fact that floaters don't see the need to break up that trio is not surprising.  The fact that Vanessa, a supposed game theorist, does not see that need is incredible. 

Vanessa has no other options. James, Meg, and John all want Vanessa out ASAP. The returning HG will probably target her too. If she doesn't stick with the Austwins, then she has no alliance to even get her to the Final 4 or 5. And without the Austwins, she would have been evicted last week. 

• Love 1

Lord, Austin...what a clusterfuck of a useless HOH. So much dithering. So much whining. So many stupid decisions. Meg and James aren't even a consideration because they're "fun to hang out with". What the fuck is that? Is this summer camp, or what? I get leaving Meg in the house. She has zero game play and isn't a threat at all. But James? He's certainly more of a threat than Steve or Johnny Mac, as far as I'm concerned. He's won quite a few comps, has made big moves, and has a great social game. As evidenced by you refusing to nominate him. 

Oh well, whatever, because I love James and I hope he wins. But Austin is just a moron. 

Hoping Johnny Mac can win Veto and pull himself off the block. Hoping somehow Vanessa will get sent home, but it's not likely. She keeps manipulating the hell out of these people and they're just too stupid to realize it. 

• Love 7
I am so sick of that face she makes, like she is so confused.  I just cannot stand her.

Oh my gosh, YES! Vanessa's bewildered face. She just cannot fathom that people aren't tripping over themselves to listen to her and play the game the way she says to. Well, probably because half of them are. But yea, that face. I hate it.

While Vanessa may be playing a pretty good game each week, she is playing a terrible game from the game theory standpoint for the final prize.  She has managed to come off as the biggest threat of her alliance, so she'll probably be the first to go.  If she does make it to the final 4 with her alliance, then there is absolutely no one who will take her to the F3 or F2 (never ally with someone in a showmance with a twin).  The fact that floaters don't see the need to break up that trio is not surprising.  The fact that Vanessa, a supposed game theorist, does not see that need is incredible.

Right. The only way Vanessa is going to F3 is if she wins every single comp. People are all worried about these duos, but no one has seriously considered breaking up this trio. I would have put the twins up the minute Julia walked into that house.

• Love 7

That was just a worthless hour of television, wasn't it? I knew they were going to drag out the HoH comp as much as possible (I was surprised how many people accidentally self-eliminated though, that was funny), but as soon as Austin won, I knew nothing was going to happen. Especially once he basically agreed he wasn't putting up Meg and James. At that point, his only options were Johnny Mac and Steve. Because there was no way he was putting up Vanessa.

So since that was pretty much a given from the moment he made the deal with James, the entire rest of the episode was a complete waste of time. This show always frustrates me when they spend a lot of time showing people saying "I may have to think about making a big move." Thinking about and actually making it are two completely separate things. And all these people ever do is think. If James had won HoH, Vanessa and one of the twins would be up there. Easy. James and Becky were the only ones who are willing to actually do anything. Austin was NEVER going to do anything major.

The thing is, we're running out of houseguests, so at this point, you pretty much HAVE to put up people you like or are aligned with. There's no way around it. Although if Austin really is as aligned with everyone in the house as he claims, maybe winning HoH wasn't really a good move for him. He should've thrown it at the end or something. This is why you shouldn't try to be EVERYONE'S friend.

Also, yes, Vanessa's wide-eyed "What? You don't totally agree with me?" look is THE WORST. And when she turned on the waterworks in private with Austin? Pathetic. She couldn't even really get it going that time. And when she was all, "You have to be willing to be a pawn sometimes," I was like, "Yeah, everyone but you." Sigh.

Austin's completely BSC nomination speech was almost ridiculous enough that it made up for the boring hour that preceded it, but yeah, not really. 

Though thinking long-term (by at least one more week) it's actually a good idea NOT to get Vanessa out this week. Because it looks like this Thursday's evictee will join with the others to compete for a chance to get back into the house. You don't want to give Vanessa that opportunity. Better to wait one more week until that chance is gone, and boot her next Thursday so she's 100% out of the game.

• Love 8
Austin's completely BSC nomination speech was almost ridiculous enough that it made up for the boring hour that preceded it, but yeah, not really.

I'm thinking production told him to stretch out his speech because there was too much time left in the hour and they had nothing else lined up to fill it.

Geeze, when there's really no strategy going on at all, we get a crap ton in the episode that's just a bunch of filler.  And Austin's nomination speech was a bunch of wtf?  If they had so little to put into the episode, why not another look at the jury house?

Had to laugh at V's speech to Steve that he needs to be a pawn for the team, yet she's never the pawn.

I can see why Austin would rather hang with Meg and James a bit longer because they are fun, when the rest of the house is boring as shit.  But yeah, James is such a threat in the physical comps, its risky.  Clearly the HOH comp was all about the "false starts", I mean they couldn't even flex a hand or foot 1/4 inch.

Yes!  I once had a coworker who would passively-aggressively say "I'm confused" every time she meant "You're wrong - let me explain why."

• Love 10

I feel like Austin could have put James up, telling him (and meaning it) that it's so he's guaranteed to play Veto, has a good shot of winning, and then taking himself off. That gives Austin the ability to either stick to evicting John or swapping out for Vanessa (which clearly will never happen). 

I really don't understand having to convince the nominees to "agree" to go on the block, but I guess it is the result of everyone having some level of deal with everyone else. What ever happened to "I'm not here to make friends!"??

• Love 1
And Austin's nomination speech was a bunch of wtf?

His liberal arts education was definitely coming through. I think he was saying that he  couldn't figure out what he should be doing and wasn't sure it mattered anyway (so he couldn't give the customary explanation), but his duty was done and he was putting it behind him (punctuated by the hat toss).

• Love 2

I really don't understand having to convince the nominees to "agree" to go on the block, but I guess it is the result of everyone having some level of deal with everyone else. What ever happened to "I'm not here to make friends!"??

To paraphrase Daniele Donato, it's so frustrating. You're the stupid HOH, nominate whoever the hell you want! If they don't want to be nominated, they shouldn't throw comps!

Ugh. If BB is going to keep being like this, where people throw comps ALL THE TIME, the nominees have to AGREE TO BE PUT ON THE BLOCK and veto comps are pre-planned as to who should win, BB won't be any fun at all any more.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 13

As much as I dislike Vanessa, for ALL of the reasons pointed out in this thread, I'd really like for a woman to win and she's the best choice at this juncture in the game. The twins annoy the crap out of me and I'd hate for them to win the whole thing, and then we have Meg, who is just NO. I think she's probably even more useless than that Jordan Lloyd (and I actually LIKE Jordan). I'd totally change my mind about Meg if it turns out that this is all an act and she manages to start winning shit left and right soon.

• Love 2

I am so over Vanessa going to every newly nominated HOH and saying, "Okay, here's who you have to nominate next, and here's my foolproof plan so I - I mean, YOU - don't get any blood on my - I mean, YOUR hands."

I only have to listen to her three times a week for about 10 minutes.  How is she not driving that entire house BSC?  And LOL at her trying to cry for Austin and not quiiiite being able to get there...valiant effort, though.  I cannot stand how she turns on the big, sad puppy-dog eyes when someone starts to see through her BS.  My dream plan is for Jackie to get back in the house, team up with James, Meg, Steve and/or John (whichever one is left) and somehow send Vanessa packing.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I gotta get me a hat like that, where you rest it on top of your head for a few minutes and become someone else, and aren't held responsible for anything the "other " you did while under the hat. Oh, the places I'd go, the things I would say, the things I would DO.

• Love 12

Sorry, board.

Don't die, Austin.

No, Austin, don't die.

But you can fuck off, though.

Fuck off as many times as you like.

This show always frustrates me when they spend a lot of time showing people saying "I may have to think about making a big move."

Every time I hear this I am immediately transported back to the wonderful world of Twin Peaks, and hearing FBI Special Agent Albert Rosenfield utter one of my favorite lines:

"Hey, look - it's trying to think."

I'm thinking production told him to stretch out his speech because there was too much time left in the hour and they had nothing else lined up to fill it.

I just figured Austin stretched it out himself to use as an audition piece once he gets out of the House.

• Love 3

The thing is, we're running out of houseguests, so at this point, you pretty much HAVE to put up people you like or are aligned with.

I wonder who Austin thinks he's going to the final 2 with. Does he think he and Liz will be the final 2? Does he honestly believe that Liz would take him, over her own sister? Or that Julia would ever vote for him over her own sister? At this point they need to be thinking about the end game and so far as we've seen, nobody is.

It's almost laughable (if it weren't so pathetic) that Austin thinks this "Judas" persona is an actual thing, like the audience is wild about it or thinks it's got people talking or whatever. It's so not even a thing to anyone but Austin.

Johnny Mac and Steve are just idiots. Neither of them deserve to win this thing. And here again - what does either one of them envision as their end game? Nobody seems to have a plan here beyond "get out Vanessa."

Vanessa isn't still around because she's such a sharp player, Vanessa is around because people want to keep her as a bigger target than themselves. I never, ever bought into this idea that just because she played poker for a living she'd be some awesome manipulator or liar or strategist. She rants a mile a minute and makes no sense. She sounds desperate and paranoid. I don't know how she was ever a successful poker player, but it just goes to show that skill doesn't mean dick in the BB house.

It really looks like BB is finally going to get its wish for a "showmance" to make it all the way to the end together after 16 years. Too bad for them it's Austin and Liz, not exactly the showmance they were hoping for, but I'm sure they'll take what they can get. 

• Love 5
I wonder who Austin thinks he's going to the final 2 with. Does he think he and Liz will be the final 2? Does he honestly believe that Liz would take him, over her own sister? Or that Julia would ever vote for him over her own sister?

I'm sure Austin believes it will be HIM making that call - and of course he'll take Liz. 

• Love 2

It's almost laughable (if it weren't so pathetic) that Austin thinks this "Judas" persona is an actual thing, like the audience is wild about it or thinks it's got people talking or whatever. It's so not even a thing to anyone but Austin.

It's always hilarious to watch this show and see the things the hamsters think are going over like gangbusters with the audience. Like Austin's "Judas" persona, Brendan and Rachel's true love, or Frankie Grande… ;)

• Love 8

It's always hilarious to watch this show and see the things the hamsters think are going over like gangbusters with the audience. Like Austin's "Judas" persona, Brendan and Rachel's true love, or Frankie Grande… ;)

I guess to be fair, they only have each other to entertain themselves (that sounds icky but I don't know how to fix it), but I agree.  Since they don't know how the viewing audience is receiving them, they sometimes play up their characters to a ridiculous level, as if we are all sitting on our couches, high-fiving each other over their brilliant personalities.  I'm sure Austin must think that steamy chapters of Judas fan-fiction are streaming all over the interwebz right about now.

• Love 1
I just figured Austin stretched it out himself to use as an audition piece once he gets out of the House.

Audition for what? He came across as barely coherent. I guess he could try out as the understudy for Hodor on Game of Thrones.

Beast mode cowboy.

• Love 8

I about died laughing when Liz told Austin he was an 'ok' kisser. You can tell she is totally turned off by him, when he tries to kiss her, she just gives him a motherly peck. When he tries to go in for a deep kiss, she stops it right away. She does not even like him 93%, she is not fooling anyone. She is using him to keep herself safe in this game. I just cannot wait until the show is over and they see they are not the showmance that America is cheering on.

If you want some additional info on this, head over to the episodes v. feeds thread- I'm about to go comment.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

WWE. He honestly thinks they are watching and will see what a great character he is.

And to be fair, Hodor would probably do pretty well in WWE....

ETA: ...better than Austin/"Judas", at least.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

WWE. He honestly thinks they are watching and will see what a great character he is.

I'm not sure of this but wasn't he let go from them? And then wrote an angry/candid letter critiquing the trainer they gave him? If this is true and what I read is he has professionally wrestled in a while and is now a personal trainer.

Of course there's many other professional wrestling organizations then WWE so he could still be doing this or get other opportunities.

Theoretically, being a good poker player means you know how to read your opponents. Vanessa is still in the game, in spite of herself.

The Austin/Judas thing tells me that Austin plans to betray those closest to him (I'm guessing he's read the source material).

• Love 1

On one of the sites that follows the live feeds, Austin was happy he'd won HOH because it meant he'd get more air time and that Sunday was when the WWE was going to see his entertainment value.  Then last night, Liz and Julia were talking and Liz said that Austin wasn't a very good kisser - "he doesn't know what to do with his tongue" - and that she was more attracted to "Ryan."  Later in the evening, Liz and Austin were enjoying a special dinner in the HOH prepared by James and served by Julia.  Austin formally asked if Liz would be his girlfriend.  She, of course, said yes.

You can only imagine how the rest of the evening went.  It's very difficult to top how delusional and disgusting those two are.

Edited by Stinger97
Hid spoilers.
  • Love 1

It means Fuck Off And Die.

Sorry, board.

Don't die, Austin.

Now Judas, on the other hand, can and should die myriad horrible deaths.

Lord, Austin...what a clusterfuck of a useless HOH. So much dithering. So much whining. So many stupid decisions. Meg and James aren't even a consideration because they're "fun to hang out with". What the fuck is that? Is this summer camp, or what?

Mind-boggling, that's what that is.

That was just a worthless hour of television, wasn't it? I knew they were going to drag out the HoH comp as much as possible (I was surprised how many people accidentally self-eliminated though, that was funny), but as soon as Austin won, I knew nothing was going to happen. Especially once he basically agreed he wasn't putting up Meg and James. At that point, his only options were Johnny Mac and Steve. Because there was no way he was putting up Vanessa.

So since that was pretty much a given from the moment he made the deal with James, the entire rest of the episode was a complete waste of time. This show always frustrates me when they spend a lot of time showing people saying "I may have to think about making a big move."

This is a house full of Helens from BB15.

In the second week, I was sure Austin was going home right after Jace.

In the third week, I was impressed that he wasn't a target at all (because Audrey made herself a bigger one, but whatever).

By the fourth week I was sick and tired of him, but was sure he was going home before jury.

When he made it to jury, I was sure he wouldn't make it to Final 4.

Last week, I was hoping he wouldn't make it to F4.

This week, I just want to see him on the block once before the show is over.

He can't be killed. He's the BB17 cockroach. An oversized, grubby, tattooed, cockroach.

• Love 4

I'm not sure of this but wasn't he let go from them? And then wrote an angry/candid letter critiquing the trainer they gave him? If this is true and what I read is he has professionally wrestled in a while and is now a personal trainer.

Of course there's many other professional wrestling organizations then WWE so he could still be doing this or get other opportunities.

You are correct.  I believe he wants them to notice him out of spite.  But he would also accept them coming back to him with an opportunity, I am sure!

• Love 1

Theoretically, being a good poker player means you know how to read your opponents.

The difference is, in poker you don't have to manipulate your opponents. Vanessa may have a "good read" on the other players but that doesn't translate into well played game on her part, unless her intention was to paint such a huge target on her back her alliance would want to keep her around just to keep a target off themselves.

• Love 2