Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: New Beginnings, My Ass

• Start Topic

Watching this a bit late and without enough attention ... But Carole says "Adam and I"--ugh. I haven't read "What Remains" yet (hoping to find it as an ebook at my library in Brooklyn) but am increasingly wondering if she really did write that book. Her tweets are juvenile and illiterate. She was a TV producer ... not perhaps a writer. Plus, I really, really hate her cutesy persona. That is not what is really hip in NYC. She is an irritating, pretentious wannabe.

• Love 18

This episode should have been titled "Places we are required by contract to go, and the people we are supposed to annoy when there".

And this series can be retitled Girls a Behaving Badly. Actually, that may have been a hidden cam prank show starring Chelsea Handler back in the day.

• Love 2

Since the reunion was taped a few weeks ago, does anyone know if the ladies are given copies of the rest of the episodes that hadn't yet aired prior to the reunion taping?  I really hope so because I so want to see Carole call out LuAnn on her cackling childless dig (not that Carole necessarily needed a tape to remember that, but obviously no viewer would have seen it yet to send in a question or a comment to Andy/Bravo about it), and for Kristen to make Sonja grovel for forgiveness over the fact that not only did the reporter asked her about the toaster oven, but she even said something that was rather positive about it!

I've been thinking all along how much of a bad sign it's been that the show has shown so little of Kristen and Heather's personal lives, but man, it really can't be a good sign that Heather's ending blurb/summary had pretty much nothing to do with her actual life.  Not even anything about whether or not her son had the surgery yet?  Damn.  At least Kristen's had info about her nail polish line and how well it has been doing.

• Love 10

She is an irritating, pretentious wannabe.

And again, with the open mouth chewing.  It would be hard to sit across a dinner table from her.  Dorinda, too.  I think with Carole, it's a mostly a mechanical issue (her severe overbite).  With Dorinda it's that she can't stop talking long enough to chew and swallow.

I understood and enjoyed Bethenny's reasoning on why she can't stay mad at Ramona - being so past the point of tired, hungry, crazy.... But it really is hypocritical. 

I'd have no problem staying mad at Ramona.

• Love 9

I've been saying it all along, and LuAnn's epilogue proves it - the show decided to revolve the entire season around stupid "girl code," so they deliberately played up the Chef Adam/Carole issue even though LuAnn was originally ok with it, they played up LuAnn's part in NudeDudeGate, even though it was really about Ramona (they left those scenes on the cutting room floor), and they did everything they could to play up the song "Girl Code" and make it a hit. I'm so glad it bombed.

• Love 21

A lot of us have wondered all season why LuAnn got so nasty about Carole and to a lesser extent Heather on twitter, WWHL and in the press and I think we just saw/heard why. IMO, LuAnn, with Dorinda's help, went after Carole and Heather like they did because of what LuAnn said to/then laughing about her, Carole, not having any children. IMO, It was a preemptive strike to turn fans away from Carole/Heather before we saw/heard LuAnn's nasty comment/laugh! LuAnn is such a pig and Dorinda keeps her nose up LuAnn's butt so much it is turning into a snout now as well!

• Love 11

I wonder if this was my last episode of RHONY ever?

If you're anything like me, Ottergirl, probably not. I've bowed out of and returned to RHONY, RHOOC, and RHOBH. They all have such active revolving doors that any time I can't stand it another minute, the cast changes and I'm back in.

• Love 7

I'd have no problem staying mad at Ramona.

Thank you! I've been saying this all season. I never understood why it was so easy for Ramona to love-bomb her way into everyone's good graces after exhibiting jerkass behavior. Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 11

Watching this a bit late and without enough attention ... But Carole says "Adam and I"--ugh. I haven't read "What Remains" yet (hoping to find it as an ebook at my library in Brooklyn) but am increasingly wondering if she really did write that book. Her tweets are juvenile and illiterate. She was a TV producer ... not perhaps a writer. Plus, I really, really hate her cutesy persona. That is not what is really hip in NYC. She is an irritating, pretentious wannabe.

She talked about this last season and said that is why she needs an editor for her books.

Since the reunion was taped a few weeks ago, does anyone know if the ladies are given copies of the rest of the episodes that hadn't yet aired prior to the reunion taping?  I really hope so because I so want to see Carole call out LuAnn on her cackling childless dig (not that Carole necessarily needed a tape to remember that, but obviously no viewer would have seen it yet to send in a question or a comment to Andy/Bravo about it), and for Kristen to make Sonja grovel for forgiveness over the fact that not only did the reporter asked her about the toaster oven, but she even said something that was rather positive about it!

I've been thinking all along how much of a bad sign it's been that the show has shown so little of Kristen and Heather's personal lives, but man, it really can't be a good sign that Heather's ending blurb/summary had pretty much nothing to do with her actual life.  Not even anything about whether or not her son had the surgery yet?  Damn.  At least Kristen's had info about her nail polish line and how well it has been doing.

Yes, they are given all remaining episodes before they film the reunion.

I think it was/is insulting what they used for Heather's summary and I am sure they knew after or even right before the reunion filmed that Heather wanted out of the show. IMO, that summary, or lack of, was an intentional slap in her face.

• Love 15

I feel like Kristin didn't have that much screen time so she and Josh sat at home and wrote her some one-liners she could throw in during the group fights.

And in doing so, he neglected to polish his own one-liner. Did you catch that remark he made to Adam (about Kristen) when he asked for an invite to their next dinner party, saying he'd clean his plate b/c he has such a huge appetite? Kristen laughed and said it's ironic that he married someone who has probably only cooked about five meals in their twelve years together, and Prince Josh said: "yea, five shitty meals." Back to douchebag territory, Josh.

• Love 13

That was a rather pathetic finale.  Bethenny is a lot like Aviva, neither one of them can let an argument go.  She made the decision to go to Ramona's party, found her in the crowd, and the argument started and didn't stop for what seemed like hours.  Farbissinah punim indeed.  Just stay home next time.  Christ.  The look on that man's face when Bethenny was doing her little freak out to him at the end of the show was just hilarious.

Team Kristen.  Sonja's an idiot.  

I don't care about the Luann/Carole/Adam thing at all, not even a little bit.  I don't personally think he's worth all the fuss but whatever.  If they want to go 10 rounds over him, fine.  It's boring though.  I still think that it's producer-driven, or at least it all started out that way.

If this show loses me as a viewer, it's because it's fucking boring and tired.  I think they need all new people. 

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 9

OK Lu, so help me to understand your mindset here, hun.  Carole dating Adam makes you ill, but you chasing after that pirate, who was the same age as Adam, is just A-OK?  Oh, and bringing married guys back to your room when you're on vacay is also fine & dandy too, right?  That does NOT make you ill, right Lu?  Just checking, Lu -- cuz I really wanna get this right.  OK then.  Volumes spoken about who you are, Lu.

Idk if I'm alone here, but I just don't get the physical appeal of Adam.  I never see him as anything but scruffy, scraggly, unkempt & possibly unclean.  And that topknot thingie?  Ew.  Look, he seems pleasant enough, if enormously dull & unopinionated.  I know, I know, it's personal preference.  Seems like every thread on each ep, there are a bunch of comments from those who say he's sexy.  Shrugging hard cuz I'm just not seeing it.

What the hell was Heather's comment to Bethenny on choosing to act like bitch about?  Guess I have to watch again cuz I didn't understand her point at all.  Bethenny looked baffled.  I was too.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

She made the decision to go to Ramona's party, found her in the crowd, and the argument started and didn't stop for what seemed like hours.

Well Bethenny had no choice when it came to the going to Ramona's party because it's the season finale party, right? And Ramona is the one who approached her as soon as she got off the elevator to have the discussion about the fashion show. And I say this as somebody who doesn't enjoy Bethenny.

• Love 12

I guess Kristen can't cook. I'm sure Josh knew that before he married her, so he should be quiet.

No wonder she loves a good toaster oven. All the better to heat up a Hot Pocket now and then.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 4

Waittttttt. Sonja--the same woman who can't help talking about how she used to model (and run in circles with all the aristocracy of the world)--called Kristen a model past her prime? And then she added some shade when talking to Dorinda when Carole showed up with Adam.

Sonja said that she didn't want to sit next to Adam because he's so hot. Then she went on to tell Dorinda that she'd sit next to John. Oof!

There were so many other oof-like moments like:

- Ramona looking right out of her mind when she ambushed Bethenny out the elevator, and, in trying to agree (?), had her hand up in that high-five position while frantically blinking and nodding. I couldn't figure out what was going on with her.

- Sonja looking dumb because she told the world about toaster oven that was never going to make it to market. Also, her reading comprehension skills (when she was finally forced to look at words on a screen) are non-existent.

- LuAnn being her usual hypocritical self. That she would hold another woman to her own standards is just abject stupidity. No, Carole, YOU shouldn't date a younger guy because EYE wouldn't since EYE have children that EYE would never introduce my younger man to. But I shouldn't be surprised in the slightest. LuAnn expects to make the rules that everyone else should follow. (Oh, and you don't have children, Carole. Hahahahaha! LuAnn? Is an asshole.)

- Dorinda proving once again how fucking ridiculous she was in Turks and Caicos going on about the word "fuck."

Oh, this is so tasty and delicious!!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

I've been getting pretty tired of Ramona, Luann, and Sonja this season, and this episode just underscored that for me.  Ramona has nothing "new" for us, and I can't stand the person that she chooses to be.  Luann is and has always been a snake, and it's become more transparent and uninteresting.  Sonja is still a mess and I can't with her interns and her frauds.  I don't care to see any of them on my screen again. 

• Love 11

OK Lu, so help me to understand your mindset here, hun.  Carole dating Adam makes you ill, but you chasing after that pirate, who was the same age as Adam, is just A-OK?  Oh, and bringing married guys back to your room when you're on vacay is also fine & dandy too, right?  That does NOT make you ill, right Lu?  Just checking, Lu -- cuz I really wanna get this right.  OK then.  Volumes spoken about who you are, Lu.

Idk if I'm alone here, but I just don't get the physical appeal of Adam.  I never see him as anything but scruffy, scraggly, unkempt & possibly unclean.  And that topknot thingie?  Ew.  Look, he seems pleasant enough, if enormously dull & unopinionated.  I know, I know, it's personal preference.  Seems like every thread on each ep, there are a bunch of comments from those who say he's sexy.  Shrugging hard cuz I'm just not seeing it.

What the hell was Heather's comment to Bethenny on choosing to act like bitch about?  Guess I have to watch again cuz I didn't understand her point at all.  Bethenny looked baffled.  I was too.

I think Heather was drunk and trying to joke around with Bethenny.

Adam is ok looking but nothing great IMO.

LuAnn has 1 set of rules for everyone else and a different set for herself!

• Love 4

I think that was Heather's last ditch, Hail Mary attempt to start something. Before the cameras stopped rolling for the season. I almost wished she would have succeeded.  Anything would have been better than Beth's verbal assault on that unsuspecting, innocent man who was absolutely clueless about what she and Heather were going on about.  I felt like I needed a Xanax after watching that mess.

• Love 13

I've posted a lot of likes here so I won't rehash. 

Wow.  John is trying to talk to you about your relationship and the next step but you're more interested in eating.  Very revealing.  And can anyone translate what she was saying in that one scene at the party????

I don't know what Beth is with Ro.  She's mad.  She's not mad.  What's the point here?

Team Kris with Sonja.

Team Carole with Lu. 

Ro - you've run out of passes.  I just can't stand you. 

Josh - dump the hat.

WWHL - I guess Beth is already trying to grow her new haircut out - too bad.  It looked great - not liking what you were trying to do to hide it tonight.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 16

I think that was Heather's last ditch, Hail Mary attempt to start something. Before the cameras stopped rolling for the season. I almost wished she would have succeeded. Anything would have been better than Beth's verbal assault on that unsuspecting, innocent man who was absolutely clueless about what she and Heather were going on about. I felt like I needed a Xanax after watching that mess.

This. I could not figure out WHAT Beth was doing, picking on that poor guy because she was mad at Ramona? Heather? I can't remember. Awful.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 11

I don't know if Heather was drunk when she talked to Bethenny and Ramona about not being a bitch, but I thought it was kind of weird, and I understand the two of them wondering where it was coming from, and the "drive-by therapy" jab was funny. It's weird to just approach someone and tell them they're this or that, or should be this way or that way. But here's the thing -- Bethenny did the exact same thing to Ramona when she walked into the party! I know she framed the whole thing as clearing the air from the other night and scolding Ramona for calling her a cheater, but then she went on and on about how the "new beginnings" party was inappropriately named. She's right, of course, cuz Ramona's always full of shit, but she didn't ask Bethenny for her opinion. Yet Bethenny felt free to give it, and really go hard on it, over and over again. It was weird and inappropriate, just like Heather's remark. They really are a lot alike.

• Love 10

And again, with the open mouth chewing.  It would be hard to sit across a dinner table from her.  Dorinda, too. 

And how is she ever going to start bringing John to the south of France when he can't tell a piece of burrata from a boiled egg?  What a boorish yahoo he is.  All as a steady stream of pasta sauce goes drooling out her mouth.  

At least she's lucky her barbarian of a boyfriend is a dry cleaner.

• Love 22

Idk if I'm alone here, but I just don't get the physical appeal of Adam.  I never see him as anything but scruffy, scraggly, unkempt & possibly unclean.  And that topknot thingie?  Ew.

I'll cop to thinking he was sexy at first.  But the publicity and his social media killed it for me.  He seems a little dull. Or dim. Or stoned.  Maybe all three?

I also didn't like that he didn't stand when Doris fell all over the place to meet the 'famous Adam'.  I like men to stand to greet someone, especially the first time.  She was stretching and reaching and bending at the waist to shake his hand and he sat there like a pre-teen boy at his first grown up cocktail party. I say pre-teen because even at 13, my son knew to stand up to shake someone's hand when addressed. 

• Love 17

Those epilogue title cards for the season have always been shady. I don't think Heather's was particularly mean, given one year Porsha from Housewives only got that she and her husband were getting divorced. That was it for her card.

• Love 2

I don't know if Heather was drunk when she talked to Bethenny and Ramona about not being a bitch, but I thought it was kind of weird, and I understand the two of them wondering where it was coming from, and the "drive-by therapy" jab was funny. It's weird to just approach someone and tell them they're this or that, or should be this way or that way. But here's the thing -- Bethenny did the exact same thing to Ramona when she walked into the party! I know she framed the whole thing as clearing the air from the other night and scolding Ramona for calling her a cheater, but then she went on and on about how the "new beginnings" party was inappropriately named. She's right, of course, cuz Ramona's always full of shit, but she didn't ask Bethenny for her opinion. Yet Bethenny felt free to give it, and really go hard on it, over and over again. It was weird and inappropriate, just like Heather's remark. They really are a lot alike.

I think Heather was drunk and in fix-it mode. Wasn't there some earlier comment about Ramona and Bethenny being back at it again? It seemed like the party had been bickering, walking away, and reengaging with multiple pairs of women. I think Heather decided to drunkenly ramble over there and bossily tell them to stop fighting, but joke's on her. They weren't.

• Love 6

I actually enjoyed tonight's episode and I'm a little sad that the season is over but looking forward to the reunion. I have to go to work in the morning but I may stay up long enough to try and get a screencap of Dorinda speaking Swahil. She must have been really hammered again. Damn! That woman just can't keep food in her mouth.

The MVP of insanity tonight had to be Sonja. I wonder if her vet prescribed some new meds for her.

How many adjectives can Sonja use to describe her fashion line?

SonjaMorganNY2_zpsx3r1icse.jpg

ETA: Damn! There's a typo in my caption. I'm in bed in my iPad so I'll have to fix it tomorrow.

ETA AGAIN:  I fixed it!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 23

This is probably pretty mean of me, but I hope folks tweet Luann about how rotten she was to Carole.

If it's mean of you, then I'm epically fucking evil because I need Twitter to light her shady ass up.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 21

I think Heather was drunk and in fix-it mode. Wasn't there some earlier comment about Ramona and Bethenny being back at it again? It seemed like the party had been bickering, walking away, and reengaging with multiple pairs of women. I think Heather decided to drunkenly ramble over there and bossily tell them to stop fighting, but joke's on her. They weren't.

Yea, I see what you mean. More than anything, I think all the ladies knew it was a season finale party, so they were there to resolve things or get into it, certainly not to celebrate Ramona's "new" anything. Bethenny went to a party she was openly mocking b/c she "can't stay mad at Ramona?" No, because she was contractually obligated.

• Love 5

Was Luann's date a journalist? He's familiar.

Thomas Roberts is an MSNBC mid-day show anchor,

He does or did appear on MSNBC's Morning Joe too.

Wait, it said Lu's "date" was Thomas Roberts.  Was this the sorta-journalist Thomas Roberts?  Er, huh?  I heard he was supposedly a fame-ho, but sheesh.  WTF?

He'd be known as a 'walker' in LuAnn's world.

From the way LuAnn was acting IMO, she comes off as more jealous she didn't get Adam.

Didn't the reunion teaser clip shown on WWHL show during the Carole & LuAnn confrontation about Adam  Lu saying... "and you don'r sleep with the help"?

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4