Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Andria & David

I saw the part about the guy really being a girl coming a mile away. Who doesn't want to meet for that long? And she got Andria to quit school???? Poor girl thought her Prince Charming was coming to get her. I'm glad Max told that crazy girl that she was full of shit.

I wonder how many other people she's done this to? I don't think she'll settle for just one.

Andria... change your phone number, change your email.

• Love 5

Exasperated Max is the best Max. I know it was a bad situation, but I laughed at the frozen look on Nev's face when Max put down the camera in frustration.

I wonder how many other people she's done this to? I don't think she'll settle for just one.

Apparently neither does Nev, since he tossed in a quick "Maybe we'll see you soon" to the nutty woman when he was saying his good-bye during the last video chat.

• Love 9

I'm sorry, but I really can't feel sorry for Andria. 10 years she put up with this shit? I can see it happening for a while, but at some point intelligence has to kick in & you have to realize you're getting played. 

• Love 3

I wasn't surprised  it was a woman, but more than anything this episode had me asking where in the heck were Andria's parents/guardians?  She was online looking for guys at age 11 or 12? (they changed what they said a few times) I have a hard time with the "we've been in a relationship for 10 years" for the same reason. I realize kids seem to grow up faster these days but sheesh - they 'met' online at an age where some kids are still just barely past the cooties phase.  She's lucky she didn't end up finding herself a child molester who was all too eager to meet up with her.

(edited for typo fix)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

How could she afford that house?  Unless it was a fake house.  And a recent miscarriage?  this "guy" is the love of your life, and you hooked up with someone else, got pregnant, and he "was there for you"?!?!?!  give me a break...

• Love 4

I have an issue when I hear, "how can they afford...."  The truth is, you'd be surprised at what people can and can't afford.  I once knew an ignorant woman who asked me how I can afford an HDTV when I lived in the neighborhood I lived it, I told her, "the same way you can afford it, with money."

My problem with this show is, you can't say you're "dating" someone if you've never, you know, actually met them.  You're not in a relationship with someone if you're just emailing, texting and calling; what that is, is a pen pal.

• Love 5

I wasn't surprised  it was a woman, but more than anything this episode had me asking where in the heck were Andria's parents/guardians?  She was online looking for guys at age 11 or 12? (they changed what they said a few times) I have a hard time with the "we've been in a relationship for 10 years" for the same reason. I realize kids seem to grow up faster these days but sheesh - they 'met' online at an age where some kids are still just barely past the cooties phase.  She's lucky she didn't end up finding herself a child molester who was all to eager to meet up with her.

Particularly since she said he was older and that's what made it exciting. Yeesh.

"I mean every fuckin' word that I said to your ass." How romantic. And did she get a drawing of the outline of his dick? (Or a dick, as it turns out.) Lord, have mercy.

I love, love, love when Max gets mad. ("I can see how talking to you is frustrating. I think you're full of shit. I don't think she deserves someone like you in her life." I fell out.) I love that Andria sent Christina's texts to Max. Christina is a lying liar who lies, and Andria is better off focusing on school and the real world. Andria's face when Christina said it started as a $25 bet was gif-worthy.

• Love 4

Yeah they kinda glossed over the Andria being in love with "David" and wanting to be with him and the hooking up and miscarriage thing.

I agree, it's been 10 years, wake up and realize it ain't going to happen. Plus when she called "David" out about going on catfish she was finally told the truth. Why couldn't she just accept it and move on at that point? Did she really have to make sure "David" wasn't 100% real?

Faux "David" was f-ing crazy though.

• Love 1

Nev needs to come up with a better explanation for why the catfish needs to meet up with them immediately. I know he can't say anything like "we had you scheduled for this week", but something like "ten years is long enough" isn't very compelling.

• Love 2

I agree, it's been 10 years, wake up and realize it ain't going to happen. Plus when she called "David" out about going on catfish she was finally told the truth. Why couldn't she just accept it and move on at that point? Did she really have to make sure "David" wasn't 100% real?

Faux "David" was f-ing crazy though.

At that point, I think Andria had already contacted the show and was just giving "David" a head-up. Plus, she may have called in and said "Uhh, I don't want to waste your time, but David is a chick!" and Nev jumped all over it. Sprang for the nice hotel room, let her friend be on the show with her, etc.

These people are just so ignorant and seem to have very little education and/or any decent adults with good senses around them. This is a video record of how America is failing our children. Good grief, this show makes me sad.

Edited by CalicoskiesNC
  • Love 4

But, but...WTF is Bebo? Somewhere, Mr. Bebo hopes he gets an $0.18 royalty check from the mention of his shitty software. Meanwhile, the U.S. Postal Service still works. Write a convict, kids! Same time investment, same payout! You, too, can be on Catfish in 10 years!

• Love 3

Christina was such a manipulative, emotionally abusive liar, I could see how she could string along a vulnerable person for ten years with her seductive web of lies, retractions, recriminations, and ability to flip her wrongs around onto the other person.  Like when someone does something horrible to you, but throw a  fit, trying to make themselves into the victim of your 'accusation' in order to cover themselves...  So Christina hurts her, says she is nothing to her and it's all her fault, then a few days later starts to 'love bomb' again.   And of course, she lies about it, she changes her story and her truth every five minutes to what suits her best. Change your phone number!

Edited by Glade
  • Love 4

Was anyone else hoping for an explanation of what "Geo Stain" meant? Nev even referred to her as "Geo" a couple times. I never stop rolling my eyes at the ridiculous handles/nicknames people give themselves on this show.

On another note, Geo/Christina/David sounded like Snoop from The Wire when she talked. 

• Love 6

I found this episode to be so frustrating. Why didn't anyone call Christina out more throughly on her asking Andria to leave school? There had to be 10 years of lovey Dover texts! Pull them out! I don't even understand what she was saying about Andria lying to her? It was annoying because nothing was clear ...I feel like we didn't get the full story somehow.

Edit: just read Tara's recap. Exactly Tara lol. Exactly.

Edited by lightbeam

Was anyone else hoping for an explanation of what "Geo Stain" meant? Nev even referred to her as "Geo" a couple times. I never stop rolling my eyes at the ridiculous handles/nicknames people give themselves on this show.

On another note, Geo/Christina/David sounded like Snoop from The Wire when she talked. 

Ha! I totally said IT'S SNOOP! when she came out! She had the same vibe. The only thing I can say about the whole why ten years why quit school is that maybe Andrea's home life was really sad and terrible so she not only wanted to escape it but she had nobody really looking out for her. A concerned friend can only do so much.

Not saying that this doesn't boggle the mind as much as any other Catfish ep but the extreme levels of destruction that Christina was able to bring to her life makes me think there were probably pretty significant levels of neglect and disfunction in Andrea's home life. 

"I was in sixth grade, how'm I even finna know how to make up somebody picture and put it up here," says Andria

Didn't Andria originally say she was studying to become a pre-school teacher?  That scared me more than anything else about the episode.  

• Love 1

Didn't Andria originally say she was studying to become a pre-school teacher?  That scared me more than anything else about the episode.  

Preschool teacher most likely means works at a KinderCare or something similar like a day care center. I wouldn't be too worried. 

How could she afford that house?  Unless it was a fake house.  And a recent miscarriage?  this "guy" is the love of your life, and you hooked up with someone else, got pregnant, and he "was there for you"?!?!?!  give me a break...

I live in St. Louis, and am familiar with the area she was in. That area is filled with houses that are now apartments. That was pretty clearly one of those "houses". The outside looks like a house, but there are three or four separate apartments in there. 

• Love 1

Days later and I'm still stumped as to why nobody on the show pointed out that Christina did reveal herself to Andria, and Andria stayed in some sort of bizarre denial. Why did nobody ask her why she was such a willful idiot? On what planet is an actual driver's license a thing to shrug off?

It made me wonder if maybe after Christina revealed herself, that Andria cooked up this idea to pretend like she ignored all of that so she could go on the show. Or she'd already applied for the show before Christina came clean, but once Catfish contacted her she resumed chatting and pretending like she believed it was still David so she could be on TV.

• Love 3

I think that even after David revealed himself as that Andria thought perhaps David was still playing w/ her perhaps by having a friend pretend to mess with her mind.  She wanted definitive proof that David wasn't actually real, or at least interested in her.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that in reality Andria is still keeping in contact with "David" just in case he might be real and she was just being tricked for tv.

I'm actually getting tired of this show, I just want to slap some of these people and tell them to wake up and move on.

I'm still stumped as to why nobody on the show pointed out that Christina did reveal herself to Andria, and Andria stayed in some sort of bizarre denial. Why did nobody ask her why she was such a willful idiot? On what planet is an actual driver's license a thing to shrug off?

Same here. The catfish already confessed a long time ago, including with photos and a DRIVER'S LICENSE, so what exactly are we on about here?

• Love 1

I just ran across this episode and am/have been in a catfish situation for like a year.

If someone shows you their driver's license is that a for sure way you know it's them or just like how catfishes steal pictures - will they be willing to also steal copies of someone's driver's license?

I have a feeling that the catfish presented me with the driver's license he may have obtained by some guy doing handiwork for him having to show it to him...or, maybe by catfishing some guy for a copy of his driver's license. 

I just ran across this episode and am/have been in a catfish situation for like a year.

If someone shows you their driver's license is that a for sure way you know it's them or just like how catfishes steal pictures - will they be willing to also steal copies of someone's driver's license?

I have a feeling that the catfish presented me with the driver's license he may have obtained by some guy doing handiwork for him having to show it to him...or, maybe by catfishing some guy for a copy of his driver's license. 

did they email you a copy of their DL?  what is the situation?

No, he sent me a picture of it via text. He laid it on a table or something, took a picture of it, and texted it to me. 

I've asked to talk on video chat in real time (i.e. Skype, Facetime, Messenger), but he claims his phone can't do that. He also hasn't sent me any selfies and/or posted selfies on the profile he has on the message board we both frequent. He did put a picture of a guy, but it just seems to "professional" but sorta matches the picture on the driver's license.

No, he sent me a picture of it via text. He laid it on a table or something, took a picture of it, and texted it to me. 

I've asked to talk on video chat in real time (i.e. Skype, Facetime, Messenger), but he claims his phone can't do that. He also hasn't sent me any selfies and/or posted selfies on the profile he has on the message board we both frequent. He did put a picture of a guy, but it just seems to "professional" but sorta matches the picture on the driver's license.

sounds fake, if he can take a picture of a DL, why can't he take a picture of himself?  Does the DL have his name/address on it?

you should call the show if you want to be on TV though!  

Well, he did put pieces of tape where the address should be.

I'm scared to contact the show because the guy I suspect is doing this is a neighbor of mine who is recently married and expecting his first child. I just am trying to understand "why" he's doing this and for what end. It would devastate me to hurt their family. 

But, I'm also very upset cuz he's done so many silly things to like get my attention while engaged, married, and pregnant with his wife - on top of the catfishing.

For example, sometimes I can catch him staring at my house. Sometimes he follows me in his car. Sometimes through the catfishing online, he'll find out like what my favorite perfume is and go buy it for her and blast it on social media. If I'm taking a selfie, he'll run and get her and take a selfie...it is just weird.

The guy that's texting me (him I suspect) if he doesn't see me online for a few days, he'll reach out to me - especially late at nite - as if he's checking on me or something. 

But yeah, I've thought about contacting the show, but on top of wanting to protect his wife and his privacy - I am also a private person.

Thanks though for your response/input :)

If he works as a real estate agent or in leasing for an apartment community or sales for a new home builder, he would have access to the driver's licenses of any of his customers. Also if he works at the desk of a rental car company.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2015 at 6:28 PM, coolchick30 said:

Well, he did put pieces of tape where the address should be.

I'm scared to contact the show because the guy I suspect is doing this is a neighbor of mine who is recently married and expecting his first child. I just am trying to understand "why" he's doing this and for what end. It would devastate me to hurt their family. 

But, I'm also very upset cuz he's done so many silly things to like get my attention while engaged, married, and pregnant with his wife - on top of the catfishing.

For example, sometimes I can catch him staring at my house. Sometimes he follows me in his car. Sometimes through the catfishing online, he'll find out like what my favorite perfume is and go buy it for her and blast it on social media. If I'm taking a selfie, he'll run and get her and take a selfie...it is just weird.

The guy that's texting me (him I suspect) if he doesn't see me online for a few days, he'll reach out to me - especially late at nite - as if he's checking on me or something. 

But yeah, I've thought about contacting the show, but on top of wanting to protect his wife and his privacy - I am also a private person.

Thanks though for your response/input :)

This is a mad old thread and I'm sorry for bumping it but I just watched this episode again and was looking up "where are they now" type stuff and stumbled on your story. If you by any chance see this, how did it play out? It's been 4 years and I hope it was resolved for you.