Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

I think it was Lu who said you can't say the 'f' word in Europe but I loved hearing Dorinda say mf - hypocrite preacher.

The scene with Carole in the church and back at the hotel were very touching.  I know many of the things Dorinda said were heartfelt but all I see is this nasty person.  And once again, we get to watch Dorinda talk with food in her mouth.  Ugh.

I thought the Skinnygirl party was fun.  Ro really needs to get over herself (and on WWHL as well).  You may look great for your age but a successful guy who only wants looks is going to go for a much younger woman.  If he's going for someone his own age, he's going for someone with good looks, intelligence, a sense of humor and class.  You don't have that.

And hey,  in Beth's blog:  Everyone looked spectacular, the fun ones in our group are definitely Sonja, Heather, and Luann hands down, but Sonja took the cake AND the cufflink at this party.  I guess Beth didn't get the 'Heather' memo.  Good for her.

• Love 16

Ms. BackThatShitUp also used Heather's favorite "motherf***er" when she was talking to Carole at the hotel in London.   I don't think they teach geography in school anymore but IIRC London is in England which is in Europe and at the FU dinner in TC, Dorinda emphatically informed us that you can't say that in Europe.

ahhh....but here's the exception to that rule - you ARE allowed to say that in Europe, as long as you are with another American woman!!  LOL

• Love 7

Ms. BackThatShitUp also used Heather's favorite "motherf***er" when she was talking to Carole at the hotel in London.   I don't think they teach geography in school anymore but IIRC London is in England which is in Europe and at the FU dinner in TC, Dorinda emphatically informed us that you can't say that in Europe.

You misunderstood her. She really meant that you can't say that on the European continent, but on the British Isles, the Azores, Crete, and Sardinia it's totally OK. Can't use the f-word on the continent, but go fucking crazy on the islands.

• Love 16

I'd like to think this is who they both actually are.  And that Carole isn't the giggling idiot she's been acting like for most of this season.  

The most authentic part of the episode for me, was her reaction the moment Father Darius showed her the urn.  Her THs felt pretty real,too.   I enjoyed them mostly because of their seriousness and that she didn't do that guffaw through her teeth like she normally does at the end of her THs.

Speaking of giggling:  Though I loved the church scene I didn't love when she was laying on the bed afterwards.  It must have been uncomfortable to, probably, be directed to lie on the bed, caress the urn and cry.  I appreciated when she almost giggled because I want to believe she recognized the ridiculousness of having the camera guys there.  But then whatever she was listening to, and thinking about, while touching the urn took over and I do believe the tears were real. 

• Love 13
(edited)

IMO Ramona would have better luck finding a new friend or possible romance if she enrolled in a few college courses, volunteered for a political campaign , charity, or the school board. Took a few painting, sculpting, cooking classes. She has enough money what she needs is a loyal friend her age.

Right now she's looking for love in all the wrong places...HW parties, vacations filmed for TV...big mistake. She's portraying herself as a desperate, dog in heat...very sad. What decent guy would be interested in her...ugh!?!

Edited to add: On WWHL 90% of the audience calls voted that Ramona just "doesn't have game!" :D She needs help desperately...maybe Bethenny will give her an autographed copy of her new book loaded with advice, lol!

Edited by talula
  • Love 8

I thought the church scenes were all kinds of awkward, but probably true to life. You could tell Carole felt awkward. I was expecting her to show up, someone would hand her the urn, and she'd leave! OMG, I have to TALK with someone! Once she had the urn, I could feel her emotion -- so difficult.

• Love 16
(edited)

Aw man! This episode is tough for me this week! My cousin's ashes are being spread this weekend and we just spend this past at a music festival she and my sisters and I went to every year. Feeling veklempt.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Attending the music festival as usual is a nice way to keep her memory alive.

My mom LOVED the carnival ride the Tilt A Whirl. Every year of my life we went to the fair to ride it. Eventually we took my daughter with us. After she died my daughter and I went as usual and rode it for my mom. 13 years later, we now take my granddaughter and ride for Nana every year.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 24

It was nice to have some genuine moments between "Doris" and "Carole" without screeching, fighting or other producer-manipulated drama. Even the editing seemed toned down as entire chunks of the conversation were shown without any strange or rapid cut aways.

That being said, how much "real" is too much? The scene of Carole tearing up on her hotel bed after Anthony's ashes were returned to her seemed inappropriate--like we were intruding on a highly personal moment.

How much was Father Darius paid to appear on TV? He didn't seem all that comfortable with Carole divulging the details of her former life with all the cameras in the room. Perhaps he's not one of those clergymen who sees members of the congregation in a one-on-one setting?

I wish some fame hungry dentist or oral surgeon would just permanently fix that friggin' tooth already - he can do it on TV, and get his 15 minutes of fame!!  But, hey, maybe Sonja doesn't want her tooth fixed because she can impart some interesting sexual pleasures by removing that tooth?  I know...ewwwwww!!!  

Sonja has a fame hungry dentist. She's proclaimed him a member of her "team." I must say though--Sonja's incessant dental issues are not a ringing endorsement for his work.

• Love 9

Constantine Maroulis from American Idol and the Broadway production of Rock of Ages just introduced himself to Ramona, and she couldn't care less!

I wouldn't care either. Have no clue who that is. Maybe she didn't either.

• Love 10

My real life experience has taught me to be wary of people like Bethenny who choose to entertain by mockery and mimicry.  Those I have known have will turn on a dime and use anyone as a subject if it will give them more attention.  No one is spared and it's never in a good natured spirit of laughing with, but always mean spirited and laughing at.  Bethenny was going at at full force in this episode.  This week her subject was Ramona, next week it will be someone else. It's all fun and games until you suddenly find yourself as the target.

It was nice to see Trinny at the the cocktail party.  I remember the original, British, What Not to Wear.  She and Susannah gave genuinely good advice.  The whole London segment was a nice change of pace. 

• Love 21

That tooth that keeps falling out of Sonja's mouth is a crown.  They showed a close up of it the first time it came out.  Obviously, she had it recemented.  It coming out again is probably because it wasn't fitted right in the first place and she's too cheap (aka can't afford) having a new one put in.

• Love 6
(edited)
My real life experience has taught me to be wary of people like Bethenny who choose to entertain by mockery and mimicry.  Those I have known have will turn on a dime and use anyone as a subject if it will give them more attention.  No one is spared and it's never in a good natured spirit of laughing with, but always mean spirited and laughing at.  Bethenny was going at at full force in this episode.  This week her subject was Ramona, next week it will be someone else. It's all fun and games until you suddenly find yourself as the target.

It was nice to see Trinny at the the cocktail party.  I remember the original, British, What Not to Wear.  She and Susannah gave genuinely good advice.  The whole London segment was a nice change of pace.

Thank you for articulating what I felt about Bethenny tonight! Her mocking of Ramona was out of line, IMO. As much as Ramona annoys, I do believe she is looking for a relationship, not a hook-up. Edited by Lisin
Fixed quote
  • Love 14
(edited)

It was nice to have some genuine moments between "Doris" and "Carole" without screeching, fighting or other producer-manipulated drama. Even the editing seemed toned down as entire chunks of the conversation were shown without any strange or rapid cut aways.

That being said, how much "real" is too much? The scene of Carole tearing up on her hotel bed after Anthony's ashes were returned to her seemed inappropriate--like we were intruding on a highly personal moment.

How much was Father Darius paid to appear on TV? He didn't seem all that comfortable with Carole divulging the details of her former life with all the cameras in the room. Perhaps he's not one of those clergymen who sees members of the congregation in a one-on-one setting?

Sonja has a fame hungry dentist. She's proclaimed him a member of her "team." I must say though--Sonja's incessant dental issues are not a ringing endorsement for his work.

Lol, I thought Sonja said she had a veterinary doctor she can call on? :D Sonja has been very entertaining the last two episodes. Edited by talula
  • Love 2
Right now she's looking for love in all the wrong places...HW parties, vacations filmed for TV...big mistake. She's portraying herself as a desperate, dog in heat...very sad. What decent guy would be interested in her...ugh!?!

Honestly, I think Moaner's faking us out.  Look, she said what actually was going on with the dudes she & Lu brought back that night in T&C.  The guy with her was just a friend of the guy Lu was interested in.  It all started with Lu's slutty interests.  As usual.  Well, Idk why Sonja didn't hook up with anyone that night, but I guess that's another story.  Anyhoo, I agree with the results of the WWHL poll.  Moaner has no game & she's extremely awkward, prudish & seemingly quite skeered when it comes to dating.

Much of it, if not all of it, is intrusive.  Extremely intrusive.  My hunch is it was Carole's idea to do this on the show.  She seemed OK with it.  And it was clearly a producer driven set-up to pair off the widows.  The idea of it sounds grim & exploitative, but it really didn't feel that way.  Both Dorinda & Carole seemed fine discussing their husbands dying.  If they were OK with it, seems OK to me.  Was it uncomfortable for viewers?  Maybe, but it coulda been worse.  

I'm wondering if Carole is gonna be going all over Manhattan shlepping the urn around with her.  Will she introduce Adam to the urn?  Will he cook for the urn?  Will Bethenny do a stand-up routine with the urn -- like she did with Coconja?  Oh my.  Er, how many eps left till the reunion?

• Love 6

The bigger question is -- will Bethenny endlessly scream STFU at Urnthony?

Wait, how do you break a tooth ripping a random dude's shirt off?  Am I the ONLY one who doesn't know how to do this?  Guess I really should get out more.

• Love 5

IMO Ramona would have better luck finding a new friend or possible romance if she enrolled in a few college courses, volunteered for a political campaign , charity, or the school board. Took a few painting, sculpting, cooking classes. She has enough money what she needs is a loyal friend her age.

You have to be a loyal friend in order to have loyal friends.  Ramona is not a loyal friend to anyone.  Why would anyone want to be her friend, especially if they have seen her on this show?  She would suck at doing any of those things you suggested, and she would make everyone around her miserable in the process. 

Way too much Dorinda for me tonight.  I appreciated what she and Carole had going on, but I dislike Dorinda immensely by this point, so I can't listen to her talk anymore.

I guess Sonja decided to drink tonight.  I wonder who helped see her way home tonight.

Bethenny was way too loud and too manic at her party, much more so than Sonja.  That was either super-fake excitement on her part, or she's on something.  Or maybe she doesn't eat so all that SG went straight to her mouth.

• Love 9
(edited)

Doris was giving me a minor headache because I was wary of her interrupting Carole during their heart-to-heart. I want to hear both their stories but am more interested in Carole's refections and Doris kept cutting her off.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 17

Doris was giving me a minor headache because I was wary of her interrupting Carole during their heart-to-heart. I want to hear both their stories but am more interested in Carole's refections and Doris kept cutting her off.

She did this to Carole at the airport too. It drove me crazy.

• Love 11

You have to be a loyal friend in order to have loyal friends.  Ramona is not a loyal friend to anyone.  Why would anyone want to be her friend, especially if they have seen her on this show?  She would suck at doing any of those things you suggested, and she would make everyone around her miserable in the process. 

Way too much Dorinda for me tonight.  I appreciated what she and Carole had going on, but I dislike Dorinda immensely by this point, so I can't listen to her talk anymore.

I guess Sonja decided to drink tonight.  I wonder who helped see her way home tonight.

Bethenny was way too loud and too manic at her party, much more so than Sonja.  That was either super-fake excitement on her part, or she's on something.  Or maybe she doesn't eat so all that SG went straight to her mouth.

I agree except for the Beth part.  I actually thought she was pretty funny and I stopped liking Beth after she got her own show. 

Ro was ridiculous...so what else is new.  She wants a sophisticated man.  Honey, a sophisticated man would have no interest in you cause you don't have an ounce of sophistication. 

• Love 9

Both Dorinda & Carole seemed fine discussing their husbands dying.  If they were OK with it, seems OK to me.  Was it uncomfortable for viewers?  Maybe, but it coulda been worse.

Yeah, it could have been way worse.  It could have been them filming someone as they just learn that their mother has passed away and showing their reaction over and over ad nauseum!  smh   I must say though that I kind of admire how these women can expose their underbellies for the camera the way they do.  There is no way I would have lain there and stroked my husbands urn in front of those cameras.

• Love 7

I am not a Carole fan, but damn........my heart hurts for her to have to retrieve her husband's ashes and revisit all those emotions. Wow, that was not fair at all for her to have to go through that. I started to cry as soon as they showed the urn and I didn't even know Anthony. I cannot even fathom the depths of emotions Carole must have been experiencing. Damn.

• Love 13

The whole time it seemed like Carole would have rather had one of her real friends with her on the trip. I watched last week's episode before this one and the part where Dorinda was talking about her "crayons of chaos" was kind of bizarre. It seemed like she was saying she had some kind of emotional disorder-- flew off the handle at people easily before Richard died and she's mellowed since then but now it was coming out again? Then when talking about wishing for forgiveness Heather was like "Forgiven, it's that easy" with the subtext that she cared more about Dorinda than the stupid behavior and wanted it behind them- ie friendship more important than a petty argument. But then Dorinda trashes her again. I'm glad there was not anymore of that tonight. Kristin was funny this episode irt her asides on Bethenny and Ramona. Sonja cracked me up. She really is a party girl. Ramona... oh boy. Doesn't she know that man she thinks she wants does not exist? That man is prowling women like Meghan King Edmonds, Kristens and Cynthias.... Ramona has too much baggage. I am totally sympathetic to the poster here who wants to set fire to a boat filled with Vicki, Ramona, Kim (and Brandi.....) just to make the world a better place. And no, I'm not reading her book.

• Love 10

Years ago I had what was called a Maryland bridge. I was working for a Congressman and was in a meeting. I went to say something and my bridge flew across the room. You better believe I had that tooth replaced with a permanent, old fashioned bridge ASAP. Try it Sonya. It works! I kind of doubt Ramona had had sex with anyone since Mario. I think she wants to appear as a player, but, in reality is looking for a companion. I don't think she'd do anything that would possibly deter Mario from coming back to her. JMO.

• Love 8

I'm totally biased because I've like Carole since her first season on this show, but I have to say that while I loved these quiet moments of her being reflective in London, I don't think it's totally accurate to say that only those moments are the "real" Carole. She's a multifaceted human being. It's just as real for her to flirt with a man she finds attractive, and to be giggly and silly while flirting, as it is for her to look back on her years with Anthony and wonder what may have been.

Dorinda, on the other hand? I can appreciate her moments of reflexion as well, but she still irks me. She's so very crass, and like Ramona, it seems to be happenstance that she ended up in the circles she ran with the men she married and dated. What her friend revealed when Dorinda told her when she first started dating John made Dorinda come off money-hungry. It was something about how Dorinda was recently dating a "fat, rich, Armenian..." and the other stuff was muffled, but I'm going to hazard a guess that Dorinda said "A fat, rich, Armenian with a big dick" (or something). 

• Love 21

How so? 90% of the respondents agreed with Beth and Carole that she's got no game.

I think the poll was about whether Ramona had game.  On the show Carole said Ramona has no game, however, in a real life situation, Ramona did manage to end up with the man that Carole and Bethenny were interested in.  i mean Crole even went so far as to cry foul and insist on giving Ramona the cold shoulder.  Although I agree that Ramona is just awful at Bethenny's party and several other situations shown last night on WWHL-she did end up with the guy at the conch restaurant.  I don't think the other women should be talking about her game-that is more of a viewers' discussion.

The scene with Carole in the church and back at the hotel were very touching.  I know many of the things Dorinda said were heartfelt but all I see is this nasty person.  And once again, we get to watch Dorinda talk with food in her mouth.  Ugh.

I thought the Skinnygirl party was fun.  Ro really needs to get over herself (and on WWHL as well).  You may look great for your age but a successful guy who only wants looks is going to go for a much younger woman.  If he's going for someone his own age, he's going for someone with good looks, intelligence, a sense of humor and class.  You don't have that.

All of this. I just wanted to yell SHUT THE FUCK UP! /Bethenny

Ramona looks good, but - especially after her WWHL appearance and the recent redone THs - I ain't buying the Dr. Gliese filler line and TruRenewal no more - bitch has had actual work done. Small and what passes for subtle with plastic surgery, but along with those tits (those Scary Island repeats made it VERY obvious "Cameron Diaz" had a boob job), she's been under the knife recently, for real.

Speaking of WWHL, Ramona+Michael Rappaport = way too much manic energy for me. I've enjoyed his roles in the past, but I was giving him serious side-eye on all that "player-hating" bullshit. He was coming off extra thirsty IMO. Let's not make him a RHONY "thing," Andy. (Which of course means he'll be a thing, because Andy likes nothing more than a new toy and MR is just the rabid monkey the evil doctor ordered.)

Urnthony

Oh, I hope we're not going to do this. :(  I'll just be the party pooper asshole on behalf of the many for whom "what remains" of a loved one IS that urn and say this makes me very uncomfortable. Sometimes snarking a ho'w can ricochet. I sure can't stop anyone, but figured maybe I'd go ahead and voice it and hope some take it on themselves to understand.

Looking forward to next week when Bethenny finally (hopefully) calls Ramona on her shit and her fake hysterics to get out of what she does. "Fine, slit my wrists!" "No, that's not going to work anymore."

• Love 20

I was hoping they would unearth that scene with Lu walking in on Carole when they were in England.  I honestly don't think I remember it, but someone else mentioned it the other day, and I thought it would be all kinds of awesome if they showed it again.  I will assume it gets discussed at the reunion. Makes Lu look ridiculous. Yes, Carole didn't like her walking in her room followed by a camera crew without being invited, but she didn't go crazy and accuse her of having evil motives, write a song about it, and just generally hold a grudge for months.  And that was back when Carole didn't like Lu. 

• Love 18

I also found the conversation between Carole and Dorinda very real and touching.  I don't think it should need to take death as the subject for us to have some genuine, heartfelt moments from these women, but it seems to.  It raised my opinion of both of them.

That was me, and thanks for the kadooz!  That post went to moderator hell, so anyone who blinked missed my brilliant observation about how Kristen could be the next Lucille Ball if she played her cards right.  I'm so glad you see that, too!  She's really a very physically funny person, isn't she?

The dentist who was on a few seasons ago, when Jill Zarin was telling him how to do dentistry?  That was my old dentist, back when I still lived in NYC.  I'm surprised they haven't recruited him to do Sonja's tooth.  I loved him, but he was the only dentist I've ever heard of who had his own PR person.  His name was in the gossip columns constantly.  Maybe he's just afraid of putting his hands in Sonja's mouth--you never know what was in there earlier.  But she has a vet who's willing, so it's all good. (???)

From the shallowest end of the pond (or across the pond, actually), I have to admit to loving Carole's blue leather gloves.  Don't know why she had two pairs of them with her, though.  Did not love that pink sweater on her, however.  I'm not taking fashion advice from Dorinda.  Carole's coloring is all wrong for shocking pink.  And I really hated all the fur we've seen her wearing.  I'm not believing that white shrug was faux.  Cut it out, would you?

One of Sonja's dentists was on WWHL with Sonja as a bartender.  Apparently, Sonja is getting bone grafts so she was able to make a lot of "boner" comments.  Sounds like she is going the implant route.

I think the poll was about whether Ramona had game.  On the show Carole said Ramona has no game, however, in a real life situation, Ramona did manage to end up with the man that Carole and Bethenny were interested in.  i mean Crole even went so far as to cry foul and insist on giving Ramona the cold shoulder.  Although I agree that Ramona is just awful at Bethenny's party and several other situations shown last night on WWHL-she did end up with the guy at the conch restaurant.  I don't think the other women should be talking about her game-that is more of a viewers' discussion.

I couldn't figure out which guy you were talking about. You mean the guy at T&C? It is nothing but speculation that either Beth or Carole were one bit interested in that guy. Neither one of them said as much, and that didn't look like flirting to me. The only way to honestly measure that would be to have sent them up to the guy one at a time, the same as Ramona, and let them have a chance at trying to lure him to their web. It certainly didn't look like that was what they were doing, so I don't think we can say Ramona "won" anything.  Well, she did win the title for looking the most ridiculous. The WWHL deal was awesome. 90% of the audience agreeing that Ramona has no game is pretty significant. I would assume that the interaction with the guy in T&C was part of the reason for her hysterical score. 

• Love 7

Absolutely.  This was touching, moving & really so beautiful. Not at all what I'd expect to see on a Housewives show, but a very nice surprise.  And I thought, what a difference from Vicki's self-absorbed whining, wailing & crying -- which I could barely stand to watch once & refuse to ever watch again.  Watching both Carole & Dorinda reveal so much of what they had to deal with as their husbands were dying makes me cry as I'm typing this.

Goddamn it, I am NOT defending Icki. But, Carole & Doris have had years to go through the grief process. Vicki's mama passed while they were filming their current season.

• Love 9

I was hoping they would unearth that scene with Lu walking in on Carole when they were in England.  I honestly don't think I remember it, but someone else mentioned it the other day, and I thought it would be all kinds of awesome if they showed it again.  I will assume it gets discussed at the reunion. Makes Lu look ridiculous. Yes, Carole didn't like her walking in her room followed by a camera crew without being invited, but she didn't go crazy and accuse her of having evil motives, write a song about it, and just generally hold a grudge for months.  And that was back when Carole didn't like Lu. 

I agree with you, but, geez - don't these women know how to turn a lock on a friggin' door?  

If you don't want someone to walk into your hotel room from the hallway, then keep the door locked!!!  On the other hand, if that entry by Luann was pre-planned (and, of course it was, because a camera was following), then they shouldn't be pissed that someone used that unlocked door!!

At the house in Turks and Caicos, I can give them some leeway, because you shouldn't have to lock your door in a home, but unless it was a major emergency, I don't think I would have entered a bedroom with a closed door.  I may knock really, really loudly and repeatedly until the person inside answered, but I don't know if I would enter.  

• Love 3

oh sigh. . . why Heather should NOT be involved in Sonja's business:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-718/videos?clip=2885943

One season of Project Runway makes a person in the know of how designers want models whose body type works with the cut of their clothes.  Sonja is saying that her clothing line is more for a curve than a straight up and down.  Laughable, "Skinny Girl" Bethenny is worried about giving someone an eating disorder-she has made millions selling eating disorders. Telling someone they are beautiful but too thin through the waist should not put a model on the ledge.  It is called expediency-something Sonja is often criticized for not having.  Sonja is expressing to the agent from the agency what she needs.  Kristen, Carole and Heather just can't help themselves for going after Sonja.  All jokes are fair game when they are at Sonja's expense. 

It may be wrong but I am hoping Bethenny mops the floor with Ramona-I was so glad to hear Bethenny say she will not let Ramona get away with her usual crap.

First Looks Sunday at 8:30 pm? I only see RHOC and the block of time is a half hour slot.
  • Love 1

Eventhough I loved this episode, it left me with more questions about Dorinda's past.  Why did she and her late husband spend so much time in London?  Was he British? (Same question about her first husband as well.) Did she relocate to London for a career move as a young woman?  Is that why she ended up living there? 

IDK, the information is a little sketchy to me...I need/thrive on details.  Thanks!

• Love 3

I fell asleep twice watching this. So boring.

The only points I have to add are that

Bethenny disgusts me sending a $500 individual invitation (roses, stationery, chocolates and paid models) to a party for that crap "liquor". Give it to cleft palate kids or something instead of trying to prove something to your dead father Bethenny by winning in business and being over the top. It still won't get his attention. He's dead. Let it go. Go enjoy the great life you have.

Ramona, he's a bartender. Asshole.

The best people I've had in my life to talk to about loss are acquaintances who have experienced it, they've been way better confidants than close friends or family. I'll ID w Carole on that.

Great Sonja lately!

• Love 5

Ramona has it all wrong.  She wants to appear like she's attracting men to her in droves - not because she wants the men, but because she wants Mario to see what he threw away.  Problem is, I reeeeeeeally doubt Mario watches or cares one bit.  Then, on WWHL when she was asked if she's concerned about her daughter seeing her antics she says that her daughter doesn't watch.  Wrong.  I'm sure she does, and is hopefully mortified - I say "hopefully" because I seriously hope she hasn't inherited her mother's moral compass.  Oh how I wish someone would have really slapped her HARD when she said "He's a bartender" as if it were below her.  I would have done it had I been there.  I think my hunky man invitation got lost somewhere on his way from New York to my Midwestern address!  I never get invited to such fabulous parties!

I was fascinated to hear Dorinda and Carole's discussion about their husband's deaths.  I could imagine it was therapeutic for others who have lived through such moments.  I laughed at how awkward Carole was with the priest/minister, not knowing what to say or how to act.  I cringed for her discomfort!  Her hotel room was magnificent!

At the end of Carole and Dorinda's cocktail party, they are wrapping up their conversation and Dorinda says "I'm gonna have one more drink" and I couldn't help but think "Oh here we go, ugly mean Dorinda comes out".  I'm glad that I was either wrong or the editing monkeys spared us. 

• Love 10

I agree with you, but, geez - don't these women know how to turn a lock on a friggin' door?  

If you don't want someone to walk into your hotel room from the hallway, then keep the door locked!!!  On the other hand, if that entry by Luann was pre-planned (and, of course it was, because a camera was following), then they shouldn't be pissed that someone used that unlocked door!!

At the house in Turks and Caicos, I can give them some leeway, because you shouldn't have to lock your door in a home, but unless it was a major emergency, I don't think I would have entered a bedroom with a closed door.  I may knock really, really loudly and repeatedly until the person inside answered, but I don't know if I would enter.  

I agree.  If you're not locking your hotel room door, it's because production told you not to.  And that would tell me to expect that someone is going to come in.  Because production told them to.

I think the situations also differ because Lu and Carole had a scheduled croquet date. Lu thought Carole would likely be up and getting ready because everyone else was up and waiting. She knocked, called her name and entered.  Then walked down a hallway, through a sitting area and into the bedroom.

Carole and Heather had no idea what was going on in Lu's room.  To be honest, I wouldn't really care if someone knocked and then stuck their head in, even if sound asleep and said, "Ryebread?  Are you awake?"  But if 2 of you come into my room, ranting and pointing before the sleep is out of my eyes then, yeah, I'd take issue with that.  Unless the house was on fire.

• Love 10
(edited)

Constantine Maroulis from American Idol and the Broadway production of Rock of Ages just introduced himself to Ramona, and she couldn't care less!

I wouldn't care either. Have no clue who that is. Maybe she didn't either.

Lol.  I walked past him on 8th Avenue a couple years ago. You ever see somebody who's so physically impactful that they make you teeter?  It might not come across on screen but he's over 6', ripped, long wavy white Jesus hair and walked like he had a good one.  Pity that, like so many other things, she might not have been aware the potential she was dismissing.

Wait, how do you break a tooth ripping a random dude's shirt off?  Am I the ONLY one who doesn't know how to do this?  Guess I really should get out more.

Nope.  But two notables right here.  a. I'm guessing our teeth are made of...teeth and b. this probably isn't how we'd choose to disrobe a stranger.   Actually I'm not sure she was trying to disrobe him as, I believe, the button was on his cuff.  Lol. 

Ramona.  Should we really still be surprised when shitty people say shitty things?  Really ya'll?   She's an asshole for sure, but what I think she was getting at was something she elaborated on in her description of her ideal bachelor.  It's important for her to be with a man who's not only financially independent enough to care of himself but, if necessary/preferable, take care of her as well, but either way she made it pretty clear, she's not here to take care of him.   She's a snob and a dick and a selfish bastard but realistically, she's probably right about her larger point if it was the ability of a bartender to be at or above her income level.  Or, OR, I could just be reluctantly giving her too much credit and she's an asshole.

Call me a sucker I cried when Carole was listening to music on the bed and her mouth started puckering.  A lot of this shit is super fake, but that ugly quivering thing your lip does before your sob gets loud and chokey is something that's hard to pretend.   Rahul, I wholeheartedly agree with you about how intrusive it felt right then.  I wish they would've left her alone with that, we'd seen enough of her journey up until that point to conclude the rest. 

Kristen's "is she dumb" TH. Lmao!  Girl:

kenya-fan.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 15

I do have to mention that Bethenny's jumpsuit was amazing, and she looked fantastic in it!  It was unfortunate when her boob popped out, though!  LOL

It's not a real event until a boob or Ramona pops out.

And Sonja's tooth pops out.
  • Love 6

What a weird (and somewhat awful) thing to get your dead husband's ashes back after 15 years and you had already said goodbye.  However my 1st plan for Mr. Mytmo if he had passed away before me was to take his urn to all the places he refused to take me when he was alive as he is is a big homebody.  I'd take pictures too, Niagara Falls, Bahamas, any casino.  Our dearly departed dogs would be added.  Our family vacations.  This was shot down by Mr. Mytmo.  Party pooper. 

• Love 13

Beth goes after Ramona hard in her blog. It sounds like she is saying that Mario and Ramona are actually still living together?  And I guess she has completely changed her tune on Heather after getting to know her. She calls her one of the 3 fun ones in the group:

"It was a bittersweet journey for Carole and Dorinda in London. I’m glad they were able to get through it together and be stronger because of it.

While the ladies were away, the crazies certainly did play. I laugh out loud watching Ramona and Sonja recap the trip. Ramona is attempting to convince Sonja that she wasn't kissing anyone and Sonja is saying “I see," aka bullsh--. Ramona holds onto a bullsh-- lie until it is on its last legs dying and begging for mercy.

Ok, well Ramona has only been with one man in her life. Let's go with that for now. Those guys who delivered the invite were HOT. They were at the party along with a whole other slew of eye candy. My name isn't Heidi Fleiss, and I do try to work when not trying to get Ramona laid.

The men are to have fun with and dance with. If Ramona wants me to marry her off, moving her or her ex out of her apartment is a good start.

When she called out the bartender for his profession, I almost passed out. I wouldn't say what she said to anyone. 

Ramona is painfully awkward, and if she isn't getting exactly what she wants, she pouts and stomps.

Moving on...all the girls had fun, and this will be an annual red party for me. Seeing us in the confident colors of luck and prosperity make me proud and happy. Women rule. Everyone looked spectacular, the fun ones in our group are definitely Sonja, Heather, and Luann hands down, but Sonja took the cake AND the cufflink at this party."

So I guess the argument (from the preview) between Beth and Ramona at Sonja's show has to do with something Ramona said in the press about Beth? That she had cheated on Jason? Does anyone remember Ramona doing that? I cannot remember it, but maybe I have it all wrong. 

• Love 7
(edited)

oh sigh. . . why Heather should NOT be involved in Sonja's business:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-718/videos?clip=2885943

One season of Project Runway makes a person in the know of how designers want models whose body type works with the cut of their clothes.  Sonja is saying that her clothing line is more for a curve than a straight up and down.  Laughable, "Skinny Girl" Bethenny is worried about giving someone an eating disorder-she has made millions selling eating disorders. Telling someone they are beautiful but too thin through the waist should not put a model on the ledge.  It is called expediency-something Sonja is often criticized for not having.  Sonja is expressing to the agent from the agency what she needs.  Kristen, Carole and Heather just can't help themselves for going after Sonja.  All jokes are fair game when they are at Sonja's expense. 

Here is another clip of Heather and Beth with Sonja looking at the models. I wonder how Heather comes to be part of the process?  I wonder if this is a place where production tells them this is what is going to happen. I agree that Beth talking about giving someone an eating disorder is beyond funny. I also don't think that anything Sonja said would do that, since she was saying the girl is thin already. 

For me, this is what I've been waiting for, and my heart is happy. To see Beth and Heather - two smart savvy women in their respective careers who are not just "talkers" but actual "doers" is awesome. 

I am sure that the person there who works with Sonja was all kinds of bent out of shape that she had to have Beth and Heather there. The look on Beth's face when the girl said that the clothes were "not what's on trend right now" said it all. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-718/videos?clip=2885944

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I got so excited when I saw Trinny at the party, I texted a friend (one who also watches this, thankfully) and said "OMG Dorinda is friends with Trinny!!!"  Luckily, she also knew who Trinny was.

• Love 4