Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: FrAmed

I don't think the show is going to retcon or try to redeem Charles.

Personally, I hope you're right, but Marlene King and others have been quoted saying that when A is revealed, you'll feel sorry for them. Which, fine, I love layers, but I'm not invested in turning A into a sympathetic figure, especially if A turns out to be one of the many older dudes who have been filming/lusting after/boning our teenage heroines.

• Love 3

You know if Wren turns out to be A, the reveal would be so goddamn hilarious. He takes off his mask and everyone is like OH MY GOD except for Aria who'll be like: "I'm sorry who are you? " and then everyone will be awkward and try to explain who Wren is and she'll be like "no, no, doesn't ring a bell."

There's actually a popular post similar to this on Tumblr, theorizing that Aria will see A (who will be Wren) but be unable to name him to the other girls because she's never interacted with anyone besides her family and Ezra!

• Love 3

You know if Wren turns out to be A, the reveal would be so goddamn hilarious. He takes off his mask and everyone is like OH MY GOD except for Aria who'll be like: "I'm sorry who are you? " and then everyone will be awkward and try to explain who Wren is and she'll be like "no, no, doesn't ring a bell."

How about Ali too? They've never shared a scene. Aria at least might have met him when he was Emily's doctor. 

• Love 1

How about Ali too? They've never shared a scene. Aria at least might have met him when he was Emily's doctor.

Ali's looking for her bother, she'll be shocked about it either way. Aria has absolutely no connection to Wren!

Does anyone else think this was intend to set up Hanna and Ali as the two competing mindsets for the Lairs, i.e. "poor mentally ill Charles" verses "we need to stop that bastard"?  Just a thought.

I don't know that, but the fact they were sitting across from each other might have just served that purpose.

I noticed A targeting Aria so much more this season. I mean Aria's the only one getting screwed left and right. Is it to make up for the previous seasons?

I feel like whatever A has thrown at Aria this season is still pretty mild compared to everything else the other girls have endured. I am sure she's upset about what happened at the gallery but that was more of a "let's give all the girls flashbacks to Nam in a very public way" (as opposed to specifically targeting Aria).

Marlene King and others have been quoted saying that when A is revealed, you'll feel sorry for them. Which, fine, I love layers, but I'm not invested in turning A into a sympathetic figure, especially if A turns out to be one of the many older dudes who have been filming/lusting after/boning our teenage heroines.

How terrible could A's previous experiences have been that would justify targeting a group of teenage girls for years, spying on them, blackmailing them, gaslighting them, humiliating them, trying to murder them, kidnapping them, and torturing them?
  • Love 7
(edited)

This episode almost managed to literally put me to sleep. Hanna telling Ali to stop shut her trap about the brother she is suddenly so fond of was the only moment I'll remember. So many utterly cheesy lines,  "dramatic" music and nonsensical plotlines.

So Spencer and Hanna apparently do think that this Rhys fellow has a boss whom he is calling but at the same time suspect that he is Charles? Illogical much?

Why were the other three so hesitant to tell Aria about Clark? She barely knows him.

Why would Ali give a shit what info the Rosewood PD had on Charles? They didn't even know who he was until she told them and they can't do anything right, ever.

I am 100% certain the writers feel so proud of those "homemade (stupidly retro) movies" showing Charles as a kid and think it was genius move to make the viewers symphatise with him. It's not. It's one of the cheapest tricks in the book. No one behaves as a murderous psychopath 24/7, especially at that age. Doesn't mean a thing. Of coruse, maybe the writers think they are being really clever and the idea is "See, Ali and Jason were right, after all!", which would even sillier.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 3
Why would Ali give a shit what info the Rosewood PD had on Charles? They didn't even know who he was until she told them and they can't do anything right, ever.

Accurate, but I think she doesn't give a shit about Rosewood PD, just the recordings of what her father told them. It irks her that Mr D seems to be earnestly collaborating with the police (is that an inglorious first in the family or what?) while telling her nothing. Sadly, the show didn't go far enough with this, imo, and have Ali try to get the information out of her need for control, with a bonus of spite. For me, it's not dead Ali that was the best, it was old Ali, just like old Mona was better than current Mona (in terms of consistent characterization too...). In fact, except for a few bits of dialogue, I don't even recognize the show. Such a mess.

• Love 2
(edited)

I totally laughed when Aria asked Ezra if he would go to prom with her and then she backtracked and threw out a bunch of reasons it would be weird including the fact that he used to teach there. How awkward would that prom have been? "Hi, former colleagues and coworkers! Even though I am clearly in my 20s and no longer work here, I am at a high school prom with a high school student. Yes, the one I was accused of dating when I worked here. Yes, the one I denied dating when I worked here. But we are just here are friends. Totally not dating! Just friends platonically going to the prom together!"

(I know that some people do go to prom just as friends, but come on - how many people go to the prom with their former students who ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL?!)

I think she doesn't give a shit about Rosewood PD, just the recordings of what her father told them. It irks her that Mr D seems to be earnestly collaborating with the police (is that an inglorious first in the family or what?) while telling her nothing. Sadly, the show didn't go far enough with this, imo, and have Ali try to get the information out of her need for control, with a bonus of spite.

ITA - this is not about the police, They just happen to be the ones in possession of something she wants. Despite all of her "but Charles is my long lost brother and he might not be a total monster even though he has tried to kill us multiple times" talk, I think that hearing those interviews is less about getting information about Charles and more about wanting to know what her dad won't tell her. Remember that old Ali (the one who existed before Porch Ali) thought secrets were power and currency, so it's driving her crazy that her dad has all of these secrets about Charles that he still refuses to tell her. Even worse, he is willing to tell Tanner and have it made part of the police record. It's really no different than little Ali being told she can't have a cookie and then sneaking into the kitchen to steal one when she thinks her parents aren't looking. She wants what she wants and being told she can't have it just makes her want it more.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

So I'm alone in thinking Hanna was out of line? (it's rare I don't agree with Hanna)

I'm not sympathetic towards Charles. And I think Tanner is likely correct in that Charles collects trophies..not that he wants to be a part of their family. 

But I do feel bad for Ali. She's trying to digest all of this, to make sense of it all. She never knew she had a brother..but now..she knows he likely is the one who tried to kill her, who has been stalking her and her friends, who set her up for murder, who kidnapped and tortured her friends, who killed her mother. But he's still family. He's still blood. Digesting this..and wondering how the person in her memories can be THIS person..is normal. Being confused and feeling a lot of different emotions is normal. Ali wanting to confront Charles..to talk to him..that's understandable. Ali hoping that there is something good in her brother, despite all that he's done..that's understandable. (I mean really, think about how fucked up her family is..)

Hanna's right in that Charles is a bad guy and needs to be put away. But Ali's emotions and feelings are valid and there was no needs for a "smackdown."

I don't think the show is going to retcon or try to redeem Charles.  The show went too dark for that. But I do think it's going to try and get the viewer to understand..which is different than redeeming. 

I thought Hanna was a little out of line, too. And her comments about Charles using Mrs. D. to fertilize Spencer's yard or whatever was insanely insensitive. I mean, that's her friend's dead mother, and no matter how terrible Ali's mother was, she was still her mother and Ali still loved her. Hanna would never make a comment like that if it was one of the other girl's whose parent had been killed by A.

But I definitely understand Hanna being angry. She's been through a lot and it seems no one can stop the person who's been hurting her and her friends and she's had enough. So it's a realistic response and everyone handles trauma differently, but it would be nice if she could at least try to understand that Ali has shit to deal with too and is just trying to make sense of it all. And for Alison, the situation and her emotions are more complicated. It's her family that's in the middle of all this... her brother tried to kill her, her mother buried her alive, her father lied to her for her whole life, and now her brother is torturing her and her friends and she wants to know why this is all happening. I don't blame her for trying to find a connection to Charles, even if there isn't much of one there, because it must be hard to think that a family member, someone who is supposed to love you, can do all these terrible things. 

So I have no problem with Ali feeling torn, or somewhat sympathetic towards Charles... just don't expect me to, because I don't. Not even a little bit. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I kinda get Alison's reluctance to see Charles gunned down. Psychopath or not, he's still her brother. So even though she didn't know him all that well, she still might feel connected to him because he's her blood and it's hard to let go of that connection no matter how horrible the person acts towards you. It's not as black and white for her as it is for the other girls.

I think it's just a lot for Ali to digest.

Obviously this "villian" has tortured her and her friends and likely killed her mother.

But at the same time, apparently he's her long lost brother..she has some memories of him..and he was sent away because of something he did to her.

It would be a roller coaster of emotions for anyone..

This but also one of the things I feel the writers are trying to send across is that Alison doesn't see herself as better than Charles and has a twisted sense of responsability for his crimes. It seems to me she feels they're one and the same: they've both done terrible things and if he doesn't deserve forgiveness than she doesn't either. Imo, that's the root of her empathy towards him.

So I'm alone in thinking Hanna was out of line? (it's rare I don't agree with Hanna)

You're not alone. I did think Hanna was harsh. That said, it was absolutely awesome to watch. I kept feeling sorry for Alison because I definitely think her feelings are valid and I wish Emily had spoken up. But at the same time I kept thinking back to Hefty!Hanna who was a doormat and a scaredy cat. Who knew that girl would become the kickass Hanna we know and love? I kinda sorta think that was the inspiration to have her act like that. And i'm calling it right now: after the time jump Hanna will be working in law enforcement.

Aria was awesome in this episode and no I don't expect to ever repeat those words in this lifetime. I definitely dug this more steely acting Lucy Hale is doing and the monologue at the end. Aria comes off terribly fake and calculated way too much to the point it tires me, so it was a nice break. To see something real. Now...AriA's other personality totally put on that show in order to ruin Ezra's date, didn't she? Glad we cleared that up.

Also, I want to make a special mention of Aria's adorable black dress with the green ballerinas which I coveted like you don't understand. I see you black swan theme!

Evil!Red Coat is obviously fucking Cece. Or fucking Sara.

I'm with most of you in that I definitely enjoyed this episode. It had a very season 2 feel to it, back when things weren't so plot heavy and more character oriented. The fact that Ali dressed liked her mother seems to have been put firmly behind us and she's slowly but surely becoming recognizable again only added to it!

Also, before I forget, did anyone else catch that beneath the box on the police board with the list of the dead (Bethany, Ian, Darren, Maya, Garret, Jessica) you can clearly make out: Wilden besides Jason Dilaurentis?

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1

I thought Hanna was a little out of line, too. And her comments about Charles using Mrs. D. to fertilize Spencer's yard or whatever was insanely insensitive. I mean, that's her friend's dead mother, and no matter how terrible Ali's mother was, she was still her mother and Ali still loved her. Hanna would never make a comment like that if it was one of the other girl's whose parent had been killed by A.

Yeah, I was definitely on the "Way harsh, Hanna" train. It's one thing to be pissed at the situation you're in but she was just nasty. I usually love her bluntness but Ali has been through just as much, if not more than these girls and it was caused by her family that she still somehow loves. Talk about conflicted. I was kind of disgusted with the fertilizer talk. That's her mother (who buried her alive but still).

• Love 3

There is a difference between Alison wanting to believe the best in Charles and the show redeeming him. I think Alison has been thrown for a loop with the whole A might be her brother and she is looking for a reason other then him being a psychopath. I thought the scene with Aluson and Tanner were really well done. Alison believing Charles keeping her things meant one thing Tanner believing they meant another.

• Love 5
(edited)
I did think Hanna was harsh. That said, it was absolutely awesome to watch. I kept feeling sorry for Alison because I definitely think her feelings are valid and I wish Emily had spoken up. But at the same time I kept thinking back to Hefty!Hanna who was a doormat and a scaredy cat. Who knew that girl would become the kickass Hanna we know and love? I kinda sorta think that was the inspiration to have her act like that.

I agree that seeing the contrast between the Hanna who used to bite her tongue and get bullied by Ali and the Hanna who has no problem expressing major disagreement with Alison is great. She isn't the same girl who Ali constantly shamed and bulldozed. She is not going to let Alison's feelings stop her from having her opinion heard, which I love.

It's also interesting to see how much Alison has changed. I am not a fan of Porch Ali, but at least in this scene I can understand why she said so little. She is processing a lot of conflicting feelings about herself, her dad, and her long lost brother. I'm not saying that I want Hanna to become Ali 2.0 but it was really interesting to see how much their roles have reversed. Old Ali would have responded to Hanna with bitchy remarks, but this Ali did not. I don't want Porch Ali 24/7 but I would like to believe that not snapping at Hanna's outburst might be some good character development.

I am glad that Emily didn't speak up to defend Ali though. I am sick of Emily being Ali's defender. It was one thing when Ali had disappeared and Emily was (stupidly) holding onto her memories of Alison as her One True Love, but in this instance Ali was sitting right there. If she wants to speak up for herself, fine, but I don't want Emily doing it when Ali is literally five feet away from her and perfectly capable of speaking.

I thought the scene with Aluson and Tanner were really well done. Alison believing Charles keeping her things meant one thing Tanner believing they meant another.

What I really liked about that scene was Tanner being the truth teller. Usually Ali is pretty aware about being in danger but this time she was like, "Awwwwww, my secret brother had my rattle so he must still love me even though he's been torturing me and trying to kill me!" and Tanner was like, "Giiiiiiirl, no."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

I don't really get Alison anymore. Even her current upswing on old Ali is booooring. Its like old Ali has been transplanted by a new Ali that looks exactly like her but is boring as fuck.

Since when does Ali care about anyone but herself? Since when does she feel empathy? She used to be a little sociopathic bitch and now I just can't even. #literally

• Love 3

One thing I noticed last night but forget to mention was the deliberate closeup of the alarm code/keypad when Spencer and Hanna were walking down the hallway after they left Christian Grey's office. It just said "The Carissimi Group" at the top and "restricted" at the bottom so there was nothing given away but it seemed weird that they zoomed in on that and then nothing came of it.

• Love 2

I'm literally the only person here who doesn't hate Ezra Lol. Oh well, I like Regina on OUAT too and that doesn't go over well online either haha.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I noticed last night but forget to mention was the deliberate closeup of the alarm code/keypad when Spencer and Hanna were walking down the hallway after they left Christian Grey's office. It just said "The Carissimi Group" at the top and "restricted" at the bottom so there was nothing given away but it seemed weird that they zoomed in on that and then nothing came of it.

I actually noticed that too! I was trying to fankwank a little that that's where the control room A and Redcoat were in, but I couldn't make it work without it being in the actual gallery. So I don't know what the point of that was, unless it was something we'll come back to next week or the week after....but more than likely on this show, the camera man fell asleep and no one cut the shot.

Edited by Amelia
  • Love 2

So what are the odds that one of the C's in Cece stands for Carissimi?

I get the Ali thing to a degree, she and Jason were both involved in some really shady stuff, and their own relationship was strained at best up until he told her that he believed that she didn't kill Mona. Now Jason and Ali actually seem pretty close (well, when he's on screen, they ignore that he exists for the 2 out of 3 episodes that Drew doesn't appear in), and the whole Charles reveal has probably made her realize just how screwed up their parents were.

I think they're both holding out some hope that Charles is a sick person who needs proper psychiatric help, because Ali wants to believe that she (and Jason) actually deserves a second chance as well.

(edited)

Ezra is a danger to all girls. Because he's a sexual predator. 

Seriously. WORD. Ezra always has been a creep. He was also stalking the girls for a year and obviously knew they were being stalked by someone else, someone who was causing them harm, and this man did not help them in any way, no he collected this information for a BOOK. And then afterwards, he hangs out with them during Thanksgiving and Christmas? WHAT THE HELL. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

Co-sign to everyone saying they have really neutered Ali. Dead Ali was best Ali. She should really never have come back.

Porch Ali's been pretty boring but i thought back-from-dead Ali up until she was being framed for Mona's murder/imprisoned was pretty intriguing, you know when the other Liars actually thought she herself might be "A".  The girl who spent a whole season premiere episode explaining what happened during her time away and yet as a viewer you couldn't help wonder how much she was revealing were lies and what was she still omitting.  Such a world of difference between Christmas Ali, being belle of the ball with a new masked posse, kissing Santa Holbrook and having some kind of odd relationship with (that we still don't know all the real deets of) and having Cindy/Mindy divert Team Liar as Ali decoys in Alison masks; this girl seemed to have an innate sense of how to "think and act" like the enemy that she's been hiding from.  Compare that to about four to five months later where all that fire and chess-like mindset is nearly extinguished.  Even the contrasts between her "cop buddy" relationships between Holbrook & Lorenzo are so dramatically different that even when she uses Lorenzo to gain access to Tanner's room, her actions still pale in comparison.

• Love 4

Also, before I forget, did anyone else catch that beneath the box on the police board with the list of the dead (Bethany, Ian, Darren, Maya, Garret, Jessica) you can clearly make out: Wilden besides Jason Dilaurentis?

And just below that "Wilden" & "Jason Dilaurentis" is a mugshot photo of someone who's hard to make out - either Cece or Mrs. Marin.

I'm literally the only person here who doesn't hate Ezra Lol. Oh well, I like Regina on OUAT too and that doesn't go over well online either haha.

I love e the Ezra character also. He isn't a predator, yeah he made mistakes but you can't help who you fall in love with. The word predator really upsets me bc my husband is 30 years older than I am and people assumed he was a predator as well. :( Ezra can be shady but him and Aria were amazing together and I'd love to see them together again.

• Love 1

For me, the squick factor in the Ezra/Aria relationship stems from his meeting her when she was a teenager and he was a teacher in the school she was attending.  That is an inherent power balance and that troubles me greatly.

I also think Hanna was being intentionally harsh to Ali because she wanted to push her out of this daydream about her brother Charles who shared his icing with her.  This obviously troubled boy has come back a very dangerous grown man who is out for revenge and if her friends getting kidnapped wasn't bad enough, then Ali needs to be reminded that her mother is dead by Charles' hand and he also seems to want their dad and brother Jason dead as well.

I also like that Spencer understands Hanna's need to stare down what's frightening them--that's why they make such a good investigative team.

Nice long humorous post gets eaten by the computer.  Oh well.

I appreciated that Hanna snapped a picture of the Jason Doppelganger.  Now take it to Tanner.  "Yeah, I got this mysterious scholarship from a shady company that Jessica DiLaurentis used to give money to.  The dude who works there is the spitting image of Jason, almost like he could be his older brother or something.  Might want to check that out."

Personally, I hope you're right, but Marlene King and others have been quoted saying that when A is revealed, you'll feel sorry for them. Which, fine, I love layers, but I'm not invested in turning A into a sympathetic figure, especially if A turns out to be one of the many older dudes who have been filming/lusting after/boning our teenage heroines.

I'm sticking with my theory that Charles is a patsy for Uber-A (potentially Red Coated Limo Driver).  I could feel some sympathy for him if it's revealed that he has been manipulated into doing all these horrible things to the girls for the past 2 seasons.  I still want him locked up though.

I blurt laughed at that bolded part, though I'm referring to him as Rhys Herring.  Introducing a new character in the last 15 minutes of the movie who turns out to be the villain is just bad writing.

• Love 5

I love e the Ezra character also. He isn't a predator, yeah he made mistakes but you can't help who you fall in love with. The word predator really upsets me bc my husband is 30 years older than I am and people assumed he was a predator as well. :( Ezra can be shady but him and Aria were amazing together and I'd love to see them together again.

While every relationship is different, I feel that we can safely judge Ezra for manipulating Aria for the sake of a book.

Regarding this episode, I thought they ramped up Clark's shadiness a bit. He didn't seem like a bad guy until this episode, though he did ask at least one pushy question every scene he was in. I'm thinking undercover cop, or maybe he's another reporter. That'd be hilarious.

I can see both sides of the Hanna issue. On the one hand, Hanna was right about how Charles isn't just some misunderstood guy. On the other... Jessica died like a week ago in show time, that line about fertilizer was, in the words of one Ms. Mars, "classy with a capital K."

Rhys definitely has the Targ-uh, I mean the DiLaurentis look. I'm glad this is actually convincing, unlike the masks we're supposed to recognize as specific people. There's no way he's actually Charles, though. Unless that's the twist: the girls are actually right about something before the mid-season finale.

• Love 1

I thought Clark might be an A team right up until the moment he showed up at the creepy abandoned doll factory (or whatever random warehouse that was) after "A". That was the moment I knew he was a red herring. lol That's what this show has done to me. I mean, the boy wasn't wearing a hoodie or a red coat for his clandestine meeting. My guess is, he's going to be killed or tied to railroad tracks by A so the girls will see that this is real!

Ryhs was excellently cast. Damn he looks like Jason. So is this Cassimi group A? It would be interesting if the girls were being tormented by an organization, complete with 401K plan for the minions and paid leave. LOL "Boss, I can't change out Aria's photos for the fake morgue shots this week, my aunt just died." No worries A 2.8 I'll ask A 2.9 to fill in for you"

• Love 4

I thought Clark might be an A team right up until the moment he showed up at the creepy abandoned doll factory (or whatever random warehouse that was) after "A". That was the moment I knew he was a red herring. lol That's what this show has done to me. I mean, the boy wasn't wearing a hoodie or a red coat for his clandestine meeting. My guess is, he's going to be killed or tied to railroad tracks by A so the girls will see that this is real!

Ryhs was excellently cast. Damn he looks like Jason. So is this Cassimi group A? It would be interesting if the girls were being tormented by an organization, complete with 401K plan for the minions and paid leave. LOL "Boss, I can't change out Aria's photos for the fake morgue shots this week, my aunt just died." No worries A 2.8 I'll ask A 2.9 to fill in for you"

I figured he was going to be on the A Team all season, right up until he couldn't form a sentence in front of Aria when they met at the photography contest gala. Like, dude, be any more shady! There's no way you're buddies with Charles/A, Now, colour me shocked if he ends up to know who Big A/Charles really is.

Also, despite Ezra being rightfully concerned about Clark, he doesn't know the guy and Ezra is the one who stalked and used Aria when they first met, just to get material out of her and her friends. And he's the one who is concerned about her safety? Maybe it's because he knows from experience, but was he that way to, let's say, Jake? I know Aria was just recently kidnapped and all, but come on man! Pot, meet kettle.

Eh, I've accepted that Jason/Aria (I forgot how much I liked them until I recently saw a gif of them kissing) ain't going to happen and Ezra/Aria is endgame. Which, whatever. As long as we get as few scenes of them as possible and have more solo Aria scenes, then I'll grudgingly accept it.

• Love 2

Also, despite Ezra being rightfully concerned about Clark, he doesn't know the guy and Ezra is the one who stalked and used Aria when they first met, just to get material out of her and her friends. And he's the one who is concerned about her safety? Maybe it's because he knows from experience, but was he that way to, let's say, Jake? I know Aria was just recently kidnapped and all, but come on man! Pot, meet kettle.

I was cracking up at all that. Like, "yes Aria, actually listen to Ezra! He knows ALL ABOUT creepy stalkers"! Sometimes I feel like this show is just almost self-aware about some of the creepiest aspects of the Ezra/Aria thing, but then it always pulls back. 

• Love 1

The Aria and Ezra thing is upsetting for many reasons. First, the teacher student is NOT okay. That will never be okay, as someone said above, the power balance is screwed up. Then we learn that it wasn't random. He planned to meet Aria so he could gain information for her for a book. A book that he then kept writing about her and her friends. It's disgusting. And yet, they are meant to be together? Whatever. 

I don't have a problem with Hanna yelling at Ali about Charles. Was it out of line? Eh. I mean, I guess it was but in Hanna's place, I would do the same thing. When Charles was a little kid, he was nice but then he grew up and started to mastermind a plan to torture people and that's not okay. Its also why I don't think I will ever have any sympathy for Charles because I don't know if Charles is really mentally sick. Like I said earlier, I think what happened with Ali was legitimately an accident but Mr. D flipped and forced Mrs. D to put Charles away in Radley. For some reason this makes sense to me. I don't think I will feel bad for Charles, so Hanna is okay for me for smacking Ali down. It was needed. 

Dead Ali was so much better than alive Ali. The only brief moment of intrigue she had was last seasons Thanksgiving episode and the Christmas episode. Now she's just sort of there. Plus I don't think she adds much to the group and she certainly messes up the dynamic of the show. I feel like the friendship between the four girls has been off-kilter since she returned last season. I don't know if this show meant this to be a choice or not but I notice it consistently and it makes me mad. 

• Love 1

It was bad enough when Ali made soup, but then when she said she would stay to do dishes and fold laundry, I was about to stab myself in the eyes with the nearest sharp object. My eyes were saved at the last second when Ali saw the card and took it - finally something underhanded! And then she admitted that she knew if she'd just asked, he would've said no and then she would've gone right ahead and done it anyway.

It's just a shadow of her old self, but I'll take it - I'm desperate for anything at this point. It was bad enough when Ali was just sitting forlornly in her house and/or church, but being turned into a housewife is ridiculous.

I did not appreciate Emily's threat of inflicting Sara on us for prom. It was nice to see Emily being involved in the mystery instead of being shoved out onto the island that Aria occupied for the first few seasons.

• Love 2
(edited)
i thought back-from-dead Ali up until she was being framed for Mona's murder/imprisoned was pretty intriguing, you know when the other Liars actually thought she herself might be "A".

ITA! Actually, the second half of season 4 (when Ali was revealed to be alive) all the way through S5 will go down as one of my favorite periods of the show. I really, really dug what they did with Alison's character there. It's s6 that's ruining her for me, not bringing her back from the dead. That said, Dead!Ali remains the best. 

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was cracking up at all that. Like, "yes Aria, actually listen to Ezra! He knows ALL ABOUT creepy stalkers"!

Even though I agreed with Ezra that Clark was asking a lot of nosy questions, I was like yeah, takes one to know one, creepy stalker!

It was bad enough when Ali made soup, but then when she said she would stay to do dishes and fold laundry, I was about to stab myself in the eyes with the nearest sharp object. My eyes were saved at the last second when Ali saw the card and took it - finally something underhanded!

I guess the pastel cardigan should have been our first hint that Ali had been turned into a Stepford wife. I was wondering when she learned to make soup and fold laundry. Maybe Cyrus taught her! Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
I have delurked to say Ali did nothing but laundry in prison so it must have been there she learned her folding skills.

Which she used to put Lorenzo in a state of false sense of security to steal his card. You know Ali used to be a bad bitch when using her prison learned skills to fool a cop is lame for her.

(Yes, i'm joking.)

I seriously think she is like Emily being bad i.e. swipe her mom's work keys to sneak into Wilden's and get her fired. Wide eyed annoying bad, not devious bad. Old Ali come back! Did Emily give you this in the sack?!

I guess the pastel cardigan should have been our first hint that Ali had been turned into a Stepford wife. I was wondering when she learned to make soup and fold laundry. Maybe Cyrus taught her!

I thought Ali looked really nice in that sweater until she turned around and I saw the old-lady lace back.  It looked like one of those doilies my grandmother used to have on the arms of her couch.

Finally, FINALLY, has Alison realized this church going home soap making girl just isn´t her. She´s tried so hard to be this new reformed Alison, but deep down she is still the old manipulative Alison DiLaurentis and it´s time to embrace that. When the chalenge was big enough she couldn´t just stay away. Absolutely loved her honest answer at the end and thankfully that forced relationship with Lorenzo AND her home girl phase are both finished.

All the other Aria´s dates are always so bland or sacharine sweet I actually have no problem with her and Ezra anymore. I quess they will end on a friend basis for now so they can have their last epic and final reunion after the time jump. There is no point to fight it anymore. 

Spencer and Hanna just continues to be the best comedy detective duo on television. Love all their scenes together.

That guy was blond and charming but no way Jason´s doppleganger. Emily has to be blind. Speaking of, please stop with this Sara obsession. She is getting worse than Aria and I hate seeing her so torn about this bland nobody.

So only two episodes to the big finale? If all the episodes dealing with "A" were like this one, I would actually don´t mind if the mystery was stretched for another season. I´m still not sure about the time jump. Will they introduce another "A" or attempt some completely new mystery? The last time they tried that was season 3A and IMO It´s still the most weak and pointless half season ever.

• Love 1

For me it's not really the number of years they're apart in age; it's the fact that she was 16 when they met, plus the fact that he was her authority figure AND that he seduced her knowing full well that she was 16 and that he was going to be her authority figure. Then you add in the fact that he knew someone was stalking and psychologically torturing her and he didn't tell her anything about it because he wanted more material for his book, and the whole thing is toxic.

Heather Hogan wrote a good thing about it a while back, and she revisited it today: http://heatherannehogan.tumblr.com/post/125526356803/i-wish-you-understood-that-i-am-on-your-side

Edit: She just added another entry: http://heatherannehogan.tumblr.com/post/125540107988/im-not-an-ezria-shipper-im-a-sparia-shipper-and

• Love 6