Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: FrAmed

After their latest run-in with Charles, tensions are at an all-time high with the PLLs and the town of Rosewood. Aria’s big moment of seeing her work displayed in an art gallery is in jeopardy as Ella is determined to keep her safe at home. Hanna is still uncomfortable with the unexpected scholarship money and is determined to give it back, even if that means ruining her chances at going to her school of choice. And to top it off, the one normal high-school rite of passage the girls are looking forward to is in danger as Rosewood High is considering not letting the PLLs attend prom due to security issues. Meanwhile, the more Alison learns about her brother the harder she finds it to connect a deranged murderer to the young blonde haired boy she sees in the photos and in her memories.

Promo:

Two more clips, each featuring a shady guy/potential love interest/A accomplice! Clark really needs to stop asking such nosy questions. At this rate I expect him to have a closet full of hoodies. Ha and Lorenzo was so wounded by tennis balls that he has his arm in a sling!

Ugh that Ali/Lorenzo scene felt like it was straight out of a daytime soap opera. She looked good though.

And Ezra spying on Clark and Aria was way creepier than Clark's nosy questions.

• Love 1

I want to like Lorenzo, I really do, he's hot and I think Ali needs to put herself out there eventually and start dating like a normal teenager because she's never been in a real relationship, but why does it have to be an older cop? It needs to be someone who's not in a position of authority and who doesn't think he knows what's best for her.

Also I think it might have been baseballs, not tennis balls that wounded Lorenzo because they were white, and those would hurt a lot more, but I'm gonna stick with the tennis ball thing because it's funnier.

Did Ali say her friends were mad at her? For what? Not wanting them and Jason to get murdered?

I see Ezra's up to his usual creepy ways, spying on Aria and her new potential love interest.

Jesus what happened to Ezra's hair? He looks almost as creepy as Ian.

And ugh Lorenzo. I'm glad Ali is finally being proactive again. Of course she chooses to make soup for a creepster, but at least she chose to do it you know?

(edited)

Hanna has been really working on sensitivity training. Then again everyone should really listed to Hanna...ALWAYS.

A giveth A taketh away.

Aria had has been downright likable lately. Three great moments . I love her line "Things got hairy fast." Understatement. Then there was her scene with Emily. I sooooo want to see her prom dress. Twinkle light? Oh the possibilities. Then her monolougue with Ezra was beautiful.

"Superficial Charm". That could be Ali too. Actually that description fits the Whole Dilaurentis family.

A and Red Coat my OTP.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Once again, the PLLs should just be thankful that those photos substituted by Charles/A/whoever had sheets covering them.  Because they could have been much, much worse.

New guy that looks like a DiLaurentis just happens to be lurking outside this gallery and just happens to go to an abandoned doll factory (Rosewood has an abandoned doll factory -- how have the PLLs not looked into that before now ?) where he just happens to meet Clark.  FFS !!

Is Rosewood near a train switching yard or a main railway line (despite the fact you never see any train tracks) ?  Because you could hear the sounds of trains in multiple parts of the episode.

• Love 1

So in two years we'll find out that Nicole is Redcoat and Rhys is hooking up with Clark? 

On a serious note though, this was easily the best episode of the season. Not because of the creepy pictures, but because of you know, we got some more insight how the girls feel and more believable parental reactions. 

Was anyone else wanting Ella to tell Hanna's mom that she was a charmed one and they needed to start working on getting some of A's flesh for a vanquishing potion?

• Love 5

Is it bad that I was happy to see Ali using Lorenzo? I mean, I know it's not nice and all but I like seeing these little flashes of old Ali...first drugging her father last week and now stealing a cop's security badge and sneaking into a precinct. Sitting around on her porch waiting for stuff to happen wasn't working so I'm glad she's finally being proactive. And the scene with all 5 of them actually sitting and talking together was great too. Wish we got more of that.

Of course Clark is shady. Poor Aria.

Was hoping Aria would have more of a horrified reaction to finding out Emily is dating Sara though. Because how can anyone think that's a good idea? Not that Aria could judge anyone for having horrible tastes in love interests but she's been pretty on point this season so I was hoping she'd be the voice of reason. Maybe Hanna will come through next week.

Spencer and Hanna's antics continue to be the highlight of the show.

• Love 6

Well, it took 8 episodes for Clark to show his creep. New record for a non Caleb Rosewood Male. 

I don't like Lorenzo. It's really not fair that I don't like Lorenzo though. He might be the same age as Toby, so it's not that. He's been relatively nice. So it's not that. I don't know, something about him screams predator. 

Aria..don't be silly, Ezra wasn't interested in the adult.

Speaking of, if we're going to be subjected to Rosewood men...at least give us Caleb. 

Ali has got to be one of the most complicated characters on television. 

Hmm..Kenneth isn't dead. Damn. 

So Reese is A's Jason doll? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I do love that Ali's defense from why she feels for Charles is all, "we shared frosting at his birthday! There was cake!" it's like when Ezra flipped out when he told Maggie he knew Malcolm wasn't his kid, "we went to movies and bonded over his stuffed animals! IT WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED!" Ah, sometimes this show has laugh out loud moments.

I'm glad the Moms are somewhat coming together and realizing what a cracked out team of police Rosewood has.  Yeah, Tanner, why do you sound so excited that Charles is finding out info about you? Thats not a good thing, at all, if you ask me. You should be the one in charge here and not waiting to find out his next move.

Hanna is still the best. Emily still continues to be worst. And why didn't Aria ask more about the fact that Sara didn't seem to have a chip? Spencer and/or Hanna would be all over THAT bit of news.

ETA: Because I'm still trying to figure out how to use a tablet touchscreen keyboard, even though I can work my iphone one just fine.  

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
(edited)
Aria..don't be silly, Ezra wasn't interested in the adult.

Why is Nicole still in town, and hanging out with Ezra at the Brew ?  She popped in to town to try and recruit Emily for another Habitat for Humanity project in Thailand -- and just stayed ?  I think we have found Uber-A, gotta be Nicole.  </snark>

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Is it bad that I was happy to see Ali using Lorenzo? I mean, I know it's not nice and all but I like seeing these little flashes of old Ali...first drugging her father last week and now stealing a cop's security badge and sneaking into a precinct.

Ok, yes! This episode really brought into high relief how much more amazing this season would be if we were seeing Old Ali - they could have her saying cryptic, vitriolic, pithy things and doing shady deals and we could STILL see the scared, vulnerable, layered girl behind it all, because they've taken us to that point, and it would be juicy. But instead we've just gotten this watered down nothing of a character this season. I wish she'd been super vicious with Lorenzo and told him she was using him all along, but we'd still KNOW that that was just her putting on her survival skills and lashing out before someone could lash out at her. She baaaaarely, kiiinda put that on here and there in this episode, and it just made me wish so much more that she'd been in full, potent Ali mode this whole time.

Also, I can't tell if it's just my lack of empathy or nonsense characterization, but her extreme empathy for this never-before-seen brother who has tortured her and her friends, kidnapped and psychologically terrorized her loved ones, tried to kill her multiple times, probably killed her mom, presumably almost killed Jason last week, made her go into hiding and in the process get attacked and assaulted by unsavory fairweather friends and live on nothing but her wits and her secret caches of pocket money and Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired passports for years of time - IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. I don't just mean logical sense - I mean it makes no EMOTIONAL sense. I could see not wanting him to die before you get answers from him, but this like, "but he's my brooooother!!!" sob story is just not landing for me in a way that feels real, even within this allegory of a show.

• Love 15

I do love that Ali's defense from why she feels for Charles is all, "we shared frosting at his birthday! There was cake!" it's like when Ezra flipped out when he told Maggie he knew Malcolm wasn't his kid, "we went to movies and bonded over his stuffed animals! IT WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED!" Ah, sometimes this show has laugh out loud moments.

Hanna is still the best. Emily still continues to be worst. And why didn't Aria ask more about the fact that Sara didn't seem to have a chip? Spencer and/or Hanna would be all over THAT bit of news.

I kinda get Alison's reluctance to see Charles gunned down. Psychopath or not, he's still her brother. So even though she didn't know him all that well, she still might feel connected to him because he's her blood and it's hard to let go of that connection no matter how horrible the person acts towards you. It's not as black and white for her as it is for the other girls.  

I don't think Sara not having a chip means anything. I know it's been brought up a few times as a reason why she might be sketchy, but why would Charles want to track Sara? He was never actually interested in Sara herself, he was using her and Mona as a real life Alison dolls because he couldn't get his hands on Ali yet. He wants Ali and the liars. They're the 5 who had their bedrooms recreated in the Dollhouse, they're the ones he wants to play with and therefore keep an eye on. I think Charles is pretty much like the rest of us in not caring about Sara Harvey.  

I still think Sara might be an A sympathizer though and turn out to be shady after all, but I don't think her not being chipped proves anything. I wouldn't expect Mona to be chipped either because they were never who Charles wanted in the first place. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The actor looked like a perfect mix between Wren and Jason. Pretty damn good job to casting/make-up. It was apparently Patrick Schwarzenegger but I totally didn't recognize him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

Yeah, whatever. Ali hardly knows Charles though and she's now aware of all the things he has done to her friends and he's clearly not after her to share cake with her today.He wants her to hurt her. I don't think he wants her for a big family hug. It's obvious. And it makes me mad that Ali would probably let him go free if she gets to him before the cops because she knows that they will hurt him if need be. I bet Ali would let him go. And thats messed up.

• Love 2

Yeah, whatever. Ali hardly knows Charles though and she's now aware of all the things he has done to her friends and he's clearly not after her to share cake with her today.He wants her to hurt her. I don't think he wants her for a big family hug. It's obvious. And it makes me mad that Ali would probably let him go free if she gets to him before the cops because she knows that they will hurt him if need be. I bet Ali would let him go. And thats messed up.

I don't think Ali wants Charles to go free, she just doesn't want the cops to kill him. She got upset because they were planning to use lethal force once they found him... which, would they really have that down in writing? Isn't the goal usually to take a suspect in alive? Deadly force is supposed to be a last resort. But it is the Rosewood PD so who knows. Also it's not exactly uncommon for victims not to want to see the person who hurt them punished when it's someone they love or care about. I wouldn't say Ali loves Charles because she doesn't even really know him, but I do think she just might feel connected to him and doesn't want to see any more of her family murdered. I also think she's sympathizing with him a bit because she knows what it's like to be viewed as a villain. But she used to call people mean names... he stalks, tortures, kidnaps, and murders people so they're not really on the same level. 

• Love 2

She got upset because they were planning to use lethal force once they found him.

Didn't Tanner just say they would use lethal force if they HAD to? Not that they are straight up on a murder mish. But she seemed to have assumed that's how things would go down?

• Love 2

I just can't.. only because the things Charles did to the liars before the Dollhouse and then when they were in The Dollhouse and now, he keeps doing things to them.. it's hard for me to feel any sympathy. I know I should take into account that he has a mental issue, but he also seems very smart. He knows how to trigger the girls. It's awful. And I know he has mental issues which I will get into. 

And the Ella and Ashley scene kind of broke my heart. Only because sadly they are powerless in this situation and all these resources in which are supposed to help their daughters are kind of useless. 

Maybe it's hard for me to find sympathy because honestly.. I don't know what the show wants us to feel with Charles. I feel like turning main "A" into Charles, long lost brother of Alison and Jason may have been the worst thing ever. Only because the added backstory makes it a lot less harder to look at it at a classic villain tale now. Because that adds a layer of sympathy to the story that I honestly think shouldn't be there, at all. I don't want to feel bad for the person who did all those awful things to Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily. I'm sorry, but I don't. And I understand good stories are complex, I just feel like this is all too much. Is Charles no longer the villain because he was mentally sick or because maybe when he hurt Ali it really was an accident and yet Mr and Mrs. D put him away unfairly-if thats the case, then it's even worse. But if he is mentally sick is he still not the real villain? Even though he did all those things? It's getting to be too much and I'm not a fan. Perhaps that's just my opinion, it's just becoming too much to swallow because this show complicated things. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Did anyone notice the jumping extras behind Spencer and Hanna at the gallery? There was an Asian girl in green and a black girl in blue that would be behind Spencer and then they'd be behind Emily/Hanna when the camera panned. So distracting. I had to watch those scenes five times because I was so distracted.

I thought for a second that Clark might be an undercover cop trying to get more info from Aria just in case the girls know more than they're letting on. I knew we were supposed to be suspicious of him from the start but the way he was dodging questions at the gallery made me think that he was an undercover cop or someone who set this whole thing up for Aria specifically. The show wants us to think he's bad so I automatically think the opposite.

Ezra was a piece of work tonight. How is he going to be suspicious of Clark and his questions when he started dating Aria for information so that he could finish a book? Am I even supposed to remember that?

Also, isn't it so funny that we didn't see Sara at all this week but Red Coat suddenly shows up again?

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4

Also, I can't tell if it's just my lack of empathy or nonsense characterization, but her extreme empathy for this never-before-seen brother who has tortured her and her friends, kidnapped and psychologically terrorized her loved ones, tried to kill her multiple times, probably killed her mom, presumably almost killed Jason last week, made her go into hiding and in the process get attacked and assaulted by unsavory fairweather friends and live on nothing but her wits and her secret caches of pocket money and Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired passports for years of time - IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. I don't just mean logical sense - I mean it makes no EMOTIONAL sense. I could see not wanting him to die before you get answers from him, but this like, "but he's my brooooother!!!" sob story is just not landing for me in a way that feels real, even within this allegory of a show.

I don't get it either, & it seems like Jason (from last week) feels the same way. She didn't even remember him, why is she so emotionally attached now? It's annoying listening to constantly whining about it, & now she's breaking into the police station & contaminating evidence because "he's my brother!" I was happy Hanna called her out on it, but I wanted to smack the other girls.

Loved seeing Ashley & Ella sitting down & talking about what was happening, I wish they had let us hear the whole thing instead of cutting away. It's about time we got to see some actual parental concern.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the big "reveal"

• Love 3

Tanner is such crap. Between her reaction tonight and Daddy DiLaurentis making it all about himself the other day, seriously, this is exactly why these kids don't tell the adults anything. Because apparently Daddy DiLaurentis is the REAL victim, and Tanner is the one Charles is ACTUALLY stalking. OBVIOUSLY.

Is it just me or are there a lot more part timers than usual this season? And way more boring ones than usual... or perhaps the usual formula is just so stale at this point it's just deader than Cousin Nate?

So, Aria has her prom dress that's going to fit into the fairytale theme of the prom...

My guess: the theme will be Into the Woods and Aria is little red riding hood?

Those AriA hints just won't go away.

• Love 1

I think it's just a lot for Ali to digest. 

Obviously this "villian" has tortured her and her friends and likely killed her mother. 

But at the same time, apparently he's her long lost brother..she has some memories of him..and he was sent away because of something he did to her. 

It would be a roller coaster of emotions for anyone..

• Love 2

Ezra was a piece of work tonight. How is he going to be suspicious of Clark and his questions

Clark and his questions were shady. He was fact finding and prying with his questions, he obviously had an agenda so Ezra was right to be suspicious. 

I missed Caleb. 

Tanner's ridiculous, she has no plan to keep the girls safe and she knows very well she can't based on her track record. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe I'm a stone, but brother or not, if someone had been torturing me and my friends for years, had likely killed my mom, and forced me into running and hiding, I wouldn't be so forgiving.

That's how I feel. I also stand by what I said in my post above, the fact that the show has made the choice to make Charles BIG A, the long lost brother is the worst thing. I feel like the show wants us in some way to be sympathetic to Charles because of the fact that he is Ali and Jason's brother. I also have a theory that Charles isn't mentally disturbed. I think he did something to Ali by accident and Mr. and Mrs. D put him away. I personally don't think Mrs. D was that much for it but went along with it to save her marriage. She did a lot of things to keep that marriage afloat.

Anyway, the reason I don't buy Charles being mentally disturbed or ill is because he seems way too aware and smart and able to figure out how to track the girls, how to trigger them wna the what have you. It doesn't seem like he is out there as much as other patients at Radley had been. It also makes sense that he would be out to get Ali so much. He was unfairly put away. Maybe he killed Mrs. D because she didn't fight harder for him to take him away and instead only took out  a few times but knew he wasn't sick. That's the only theory I have I can get behind as it paints A as the true villain, because I don't think I can stand behind the show making him into a faux villain by adding the mental illness. That bugs me because to me it gives an excuse to all the things he did. 

Also, yes, please send Ezra away SHOW! Ezra is a piece of work, whoever said that first. You had an agenda when you "met" Aria too, Fitz. Stop pretending like you didn't. Its just..ew. There's so much wrong with that relationship. There always has been and I'm getting real sick of the show glossing over it. Its the one relationship I can't get over how gross it's been. Always and keeps getting worse. Spencer and Toby suffer from stupidness that I don't understand but it's not as bad and while Emily mostly just suffers from boring ness, Ezaria are GROSS. I don't understand. And the more the show has tried to make a "thing" and okay, it's just..bad. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Clark and his questions were shady. He was fact finding and prying with his questions, he obviously had an agenda so Ezra was right to be suspicious.

Yeah, Clark's questions were shady but so was Ezra's pseudo A bunker, complete with timelines and pictures. A spade knows a spade, pot, kettle, etc.
  • Love 3

Yeah, Clark's questions were shady but so was Ezra's pseudo A bunker, complete with timelines and pictures. A spade knows a spade, pot, kettle, etc.

Heck, the two of them should pool together and have Clark provide the photos for Ezra's book.

• Love 3

Heck, the two of them should pool together and have Clark provide the photos for Ezra's book.

Andrew's manifesto could be the forward. I'm down.

• Love 3

So did anyone else notice that Hanna and Alison, the two blondes, where wearing the same shade of blue in the opening scene?  Does anyone else think this was intend to set up Hanna and Ali as the two competing mindsets for the Lairs, i.e. "poor mentally ill Charles" verses "we need to stop that bastard"?  Just a thought.

As for the rest of the episode I agree with everyone up thread who liked this episode better than normal.  The mystery is still a mess but at least we got some nice scenes with the Lairs.  Spencer and Hanna's detective agency is still as awesome and barely functional as ever.  Also Aria and Emily might be the two least favorite Lairs, but they are good together when they are behaving like actually teenage girls (and away from pointless/gross love interests).  Plus Lucy Hale did a really good job with the monologue about being trapped in the doll house.

Lastly I really liked Alison this episode.  She wasn't amazing, but at least we got to see some of the old Alison.  I particularly liked that when she got caught, Alison said why she is trying to find Charles but not that she is sorry, because we have seen way to many scenes of Alison feeling bad about stuff she did.

• Love 2

I'm with Hanna - if Charles is A (and of course that's a big "if" since, duh, Marlene King and the #SummerofAnswers!), why should the girls be having warm fuzzy feelings about him after he has tormented them and tried to kill them?

I'm sure that even serial killers have feelings, but when Ali brought up his birthday party and how he shared his frosting with her, I was totally on Hanna's side. How does sharing frosting turn into vicious, Ali? Well, considering that you don't know your brother AT ALL and haven't seen him since you were somewhere between the ages of 4 and 10 (again, MK & #SoA), are you really in a position to defend him just because he gave you some cake at his birthday party? Apparently he didn't go from frosting to vicious because according to your dad, he was vicious all along which is why he was sent away FOR TRYING TO KILL YOU WHEN YOU WERE A BABY.

I also rolled my eyes when Emily said how terrible it would be if Charles was the one who killed Mrs. D because she was the only one who visited him at Radley and knew he existed. Uhh, hello! The reason no one else visited him in Radley is because Ali's parents kept his entire existence a secret from the entire world. The fact that his mother bothered to visit him doesn't make her some kind of saint. She's the one who put him in Radley in the first place (not that I'm saying that was necessarily wrong).

I can understand Jason having feelings for Charles because he has lots of memories of Charlie. Ali, on the other hand, was a year old (or was she two?) when he was sent away so her only memory of him is that ONE birthday party.

Man, Clark needs to STFU. He wasn't concerned. He was nosy! I almost never agree with Ezra or trust his judgment, but I agree with his suspicion of Clark and his general feeling of suspicion.

I was totally cracking up at Alison's scene with Lorenzo. "I thought I was doing the right thing calling the police. Charles threatened [my dad] and now he's treating me like I'm the threat." Maybe because you drugged him? And why do I get the feeling that this "homemade" soup she gave to Lorenzo was Campbell's chicken noodle soup that she just dumped into a Tupperware container?

Tanner: You have an eye for detail, Aria. Every one of these pictures are so...

Me: Creepy?

Tanner: Declarative. Succinct.

Aria's snake top is not the weirdest thing she has ever worn but I laughed every time I saw that snake around her neck.

I have to admit that Alison stealing Lorenzo's keycard so she could look at the evidence at the police station was the kind of thing I expect from her and have missed.

The actor playing Rhys was so terrible that I knew he must have been hired for his looks! But good job casting someone who looks like a DiLaurentis.

I thought the hashtags during Twisted were terrible (to this day, just the thought of #poorjo makes me laugh and cringe at the same time) but now ABC Family is just putting dumb questions on the screen. "Are A and redcoat the same person?" Considering that you just had a scene where redcoat was sitting next to someone in a black hoodie (who is presumably A), I'm going to go with no.

No one on this show make sense anymore. First Lorenzo tells Ali that he doesn't have access to the transcripts of Tanner talking to her dad and that he can't ask his friend to stick his neck out to get them for. But after she steals his keycard he says, "I just wish you would have asked."

More Mom Meetings, please! Preferably without Redcoat creeping around outside.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm afraid Sara Harvey isn't going away...after watching the security tape of the gallery switch out, I'm certain she's working for A. Or is this season's A reveal. They gave her that awful haircut so we could see footage of her doing A business, like switching out the art, and assume it's the new faux Jason with the same hair who works at the foundation. Misdirects on this show usually get the Scooby Doo obvious villain treatment, like Clark and Rhys are getting now, while A is supposed to be a shock. I think tracking chip-free Sara (they mention it every episode) is the big bad this season. I'm sure they'll take away the sting by explaining that she was traumatized and scared and didn't want to play along.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 1

I miss Caleb and Mona in this ep but I really like when the Liars' moms get together and you know, TALK, about what is happening to their daughters. And ITA with those that would like to see Ali use her shady skillz more often, THAT is the Ali I want to see, not the shadow of a girl sitting on her porch and doing nothing.

Hanna and Spencer are still made of win, they get more shit done than Rosewood PD ever have. Ezra still annoys to no end. Aria and Emily talking about actual teen girl stuff like prom, dresses, etc was endearing.

Great casting job on Rhys, he looked like he oozes a path of slime behind him wherever he walks. :-D

• Love 2

I just started a new job this week and I'm in a big shared space so I can't watch the show in the morning like I used to. Anyway, I just wanna say that it's more difficult to stay off this forum than to have to wait until I get home to watch the episode.

It's 4pm here and I finally cracked.

I'm not sure I understand what happened but it seems like a solid episode. Good to know we don't have to wait until the finale to get a good one!

• Love 2

The only good things about this episode: Hanna, Hanna and Spencer on a mission (the team-up that keeps on giving!) and Ali doing stuff (though she is doing this to protect her brother, which almost ruins it...) The reveals? Laughable. Of course it's the guy with the obviously DiLaurentis face that meets Hanna. I couldn't care less about Clark because he is obviously small fry at best, and Aria didn't even trust him enough to be crushed (not a bad thing, given her track record). Whoever that was in the gallery, it was obviously not one of the main players; A wears a hoodie and gloves even when alone. I'd be more impressed with the Red Coat reveal if we had any sense which Red Coat this one is.

now ABC Family is just putting dumb questions on the screen. "Are A and redcoat the same person?" Considering that you just had a scene where redcoat was sitting next to someone in a black hoodie (who is presumably A), I'm going to go with no.

This. I laughed at it in disbelief. Best of all is that the question would have been legit in other circumstances, and they totally wasted it. Though I do hope in the finale both Hoodie and Red Coat throw away their clothes stripper-style again and again and are wearing an infinite number of alternate Hoodies and Red Coats, with masks of Ali's face.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ha, kind of like when Joey wore all of Chandler's clothes on Friends, but the PLL version will be comprised entirely of alternating layers of hoodies and red coats. I hope the striptease includes slowly pulling off the gloves and swinging them overhead before flinging them at each other.

Was anyone else wanting Ella to tell Hanna's mom that she was a charmed one and they needed to start working on getting some of A's flesh for a vanquishing potion?

And then Ashley would say, "I am Sydney freaking Andrews! I am smarter than everyone in Rosewood PD put together! Let's get to scheming!" Bonus points if she then pulled off a red wig Kimberly style.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

This episode was so laughable. First off, Clark's shadiness came in full force. His conversation with Aria ("This isn't your first show?" "No" "But you said you've won before" "Oh, um...uh...I mean...uh....my first BIG show...oh look, BUTTERFLY!") and him meeting up with Rhys just made it 100% positive that he's shady as hell, but it probably isn't even A related. Watch it be some stupid reveal, like "Rhys is my foster brother/parent and he's helping to pay for my art stuff". I know they said this is the summer of answers, but I could see this happening, and then Sara being revealed to be working for A. I mean, it IS Emily's turn to find out her girlfriend is an A minion, right? Spencer with Toby, Aria with Ezra (ok, he was A'ish) and even Hanna with Mona have all had their 'A' betrayal/reveals. Emily hasn't, as far as I remember. So...Emily, you're up, girl. 

Ali wanting to save Charles because he's her brother? No, I don't buy it. Ali wanting to save Charles so they can interrogate him relentlessly for answers? Absolutely, I could see that. And then I could see Ali telling the police to kill him dead right after. I really, really miss the old Ali. She was fun, and I'm sure Sasha had tons more fun playing mean girl Ali than crying Ali. On the plus side, Sasha looked gorgeous this episode. 

Finally, two mothers coming together to talk about stopping A for good. Granted it's between the best A mom and the worst A mom, but if these two women could channel their inner Halliwell and Andrews, then they would be able to defeat A in no time flat. It's better than Detective 'I'm gonna wait and see what happens' Tanner.

I thought redcoat was Ali. I will never get all of this right, will I? Too many timelines and contradictions for me. 

• Love 2

Hanna's smackdown to Ali is pretty awesome. Also, I love Ashley and Ella's scene so much. That's some fine acting from Holly Marie Combs.

I noticed A targeting Aria so much more this season. I mean Aria's the only one getting screwed left and right. Is it to make up for the previous seasons?

And what's up with Ian Harding's face? He looks so err... old lately?

• Love 1

So I'm alone in thinking Hanna was out of line? (it's rare I don't agree with Hanna)

I'm not sympathetic towards Charles. And I think Tanner is likely correct in that Charles collects trophies..not that he wants to be a part of their family. 

But I do feel bad for Ali. She's trying to digest all of this, to make sense of it all. She never knew she had a brother..but now..she knows he likely is the one who tried to kill her, who has been stalking her and her friends, who set her up for murder, who kidnapped and tortured her friends, who killed her mother. But he's still family. He's still blood. Digesting this..and wondering how the person in her memories can be THIS person..is normal. Being confused and feeling a lot of different emotions is normal. Ali wanting to confront Charles..to talk to him..that's understandable. Ali hoping that there is something good in her brother, despite all that he's done..that's understandable. (I mean really, think about how fucked up her family is..)

Hanna's right in that Charles is a bad guy and needs to be put away. But Ali's emotions and feelings are valid and there was no needs for a "smackdown."

I don't think the show is going to retcon or try to redeem Charles.  The show went too dark for that. But I do think it's going to try and get the viewer to understand..which is different than redeeming. 

• Love 3

Hanna's smackdown to Ali is pretty awesome. Also, I love Ashley and Ella's scene so much. That's some fine acting from Holly Marie Combs.

I noticed A targeting Aria so much more this season. I mean Aria's the only one getting screwed left and right. Is it to make up for the previous seasons?

And what's up with Ian Harding's face? He looks so err... old lately?

You know if Wren turns out to be A, the reveal would be so goddamn hilarious. He takes off his mask and everyone is like OH MY GOD except for Aria who'll be like: "I'm sorry who are you? " and then everyone will be awkward and try to explain who Wren is and she'll be like "no, no, doesn't ring a bell."

• Love 4

Ezra never was/is a danger to Aria or the girls. In fact was and is the opposite trying to always save them. Unlike what Clark could be, so Ezra is right to be suspicious. They're no where close this same if Clarke is part of what ever is going on with the scholarship people/Charles.