Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: The Final Rose / S11.E13: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kaitlyn introduces her family to both Shawn and Nick. After two final dates, Kaitlyn struggles to choose between the two bachelors as Season 11 concludes.

Kaitlyn recaps the season in a live interview with host Chris Harrison; and Top 2 finalists Shawn Booth and Nick Viall give their take on the outcome of the show. Also included: a sneak peek of "Bachelor in Paradise."

Edited by OnceSane
locked topic until after show airs

That moment where the runner up gets rejected always makes me think that the leads on this show have to be the most self-centred, egocentric, inconsiderate jerks around. Signing up to do that to someone just seems wrong.

• Love 11

Thank god my cable went out. Poor Nick, all bugs bunnying, while Kaitlyns mother dissected their sex life and proclaimed her daughter a "big personality". Which is grown up speak for "insufferable asshole".

• Love 14

That 2 hour finale seemed so low budget compared to all the seasons prior. Like the show didn't even want to bother put any effort into it. They used the mansion as the final rose location and proposal spot? LOL

There was no personal touches to this season at all, no hometowns. Just hotels for everything. 

I did feel bad for Nick, having that happen a 2nd time. I think he has every right to be confused and upset.

• Love 18
(edited)

Is Chris Harrison going to demand Nick's call logs next? Chill, CH.

Every time I see Nick I just think "what a sap." I guess that's mean. Still, what a sap.

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 2

UGH, for the producers to have Nick's family sitting right in the front row with cameras in their faces while watching the whole episode and already knowing the result, and then parading Kaitlyn & Shawn in front of them? NOT COOL, producers. Just gross.

• Love 13

Oh man, I wasn't aware of just how much I really liked Nick until that happened. Poor romantic sap.

Seriously, I'll take his scarves and plaid shirt any day of the week over Shawn's boxer brief ad. I cannot stand Fake Gosling.

Nick, you won. Those two tools deserve each other. I enjoyed how he shut down Kaitlyn's platitudes.

How did the narrative magically morph into two guys hating each other? Shawn hated Nick for no reason at all. All Nick did was try to explain and defend himself.

Nick is also way better looking and more eloquent. I'll say it: Nick for the next Bachelor! No one deserves to be the bridesmaid twice.

• Love 19

Um, Shawn?  Merriam-Webster defines "Jealousy" as:

: an unhappy or angry feeling caused by the belief that someone you love (such as your husband or wife) likes or is liked by someone else

So.  Yeah.  I think we can call you "Jealous".  You dummy.

• Love 12

I find it hilarious that BOTH Shawn & Nick agree that the producers messed with the show & that Shawn seemed annoyed that the show wasn't about their love story but involved into a feud.

• Love 4
(edited)

Shawn can't even be a gracious "winner", he seems to me like a bullying asshole. I never cared for Nick but this season is making me feel bad for him. I think Kaitlyn was telling Nick she loved him all along, she is an insensitive boob so her and Shawn deserve each other.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 18
I find it hilarious that BOTH Shawn & Nick agree that the producers messed with the show & that Shawn seemed annoyed that the show wasn't about their love story but involved into a feud.

Love how Harrison had to jump in and cut them off at that point.  Can't criticize the editing!

• Love 14
(edited)

So Ick has gotten exactly what he wanted.  And it was NOT Kaitlyn.  It was visibility, TV time and his 15 minutes.  I think he enjoyed every minute of this whole fiasco and can't wait until he can worm his way onto another show.  He is not heartbroken, he's still on the hunt. 

He constantly referred to his previous season and tries to come off as the voice of reason among the irrational, over-emotional crazies he's been with.  I don't buy it. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11

So here it is, the final rose, and after watching all season (and complaining every week), I think I'm actually going to skip it tonight.

After reading the comments here, I felt kind of ill. I've seen it all before, of course, the heartless dumping of an F2, the callous feelings about it as one moves on to "the one I REALLY was in love with all along!"  But this time, I just can't STAND Shawn and I don't know how he got a "pass" all season for the (imo, near-crazy) feelings he had toward Nick. I even kind of loved JJ for tweeting that Shawn lied about "all the guys hating Nick in both seasons" and saying that he, JJ, actually "loves, yes loves" Nick, and thinks he's "kind, witty and a loyal, good friend." Thank you, JJ. He seemed that way to me, too, and I didn't understand why the show seemed so bound and determined to make us hate him.

I like him and I think his feelings are very open and real. I don't understand Kaitlyn, just like I didn't understand Andi. There are so many ways to subtly hint to someone, especially when you're alone together.  And reading that the show brought on his family and placed them in the front row? That's brutal and inexcusable. We already saw them break down when they met Kaitlyn and remembered how upset Nick was (and they for him) after the way Andi behaved toward him. Now this? What did they do to deserve this?

I think Kaitlyn is cheap and stupid and Shawn is a bully and stupid. I hope they have great sex for a few months because that's all I think the relationship will last. I've never seen a couple that I liked or respected less. I -am- used to TB as background-to-work-by on Monday nights, but there must be something else on. I guess I'll discover it tonight.

• Love 13

Nick can't get a single phrase out without a "you know", "like", or "right?"  I can't stand the way he talks.

And I'm not sure Kaitlyn understands what "love" means if she now claims she was in love with Nick, Shawn and Ben, H.

• Love 9
(edited)

Still no sympathy for the Leprechaun Nick from me.

It seems to me that Nick described a much more involved "relationship" pre-NYC than Kaitlyn ever copped to.

Well if you believe US Weekly's story that came out this week, he's the one telling the truth and she's downplaying but considering the possessive, jealous oaf she's "engaged" to, can you blame her? According to US Weekly, not only were things very intense prior to Nick coming on the show and her filming for the Bachelorette but they may have had sex more times during filming than was shown and "I love you's" was exchanged. 

All that said, as a person who was all Team Nick during Andi's season and still am (I thought the "villain" crap during Andi's season was bullshit and I think greasy Shawn is completely batshit crazy in his hatred for Nick), I can't feel too bad for him because he foolishly put himself through this again, ESPECIALLY with how things went the last time. Like if Nick had had a decent season on Andi's season where he left mid-season or something, I'd maybe understand. But after that big dramatic dumping, you put yourself through this again?

It's also why I fully believe him that there was definitely something very intense between him and Kaitlyn prior to her becoming The Bachelorette. In my opinion, there had to be a significant reason that would convince him to come back and that's probably because he probably believed, and the show producers likely pushed it even more because that's what they do, that it was a done deal. At first I felt bad about his family being there because I can't imagine he wouldn't tell them what happened but now I'm thinking, they're there because after last year's ATFR, they decided to show up as moral support in case stuff goes down or something. 

Kaitlyn actually looked happy with Shawn, really happy during their segment together so I actually think this will go longer than the last few seasons couples.

Andi looked really happy with Josh and they broke up. Hey, maybe they'll prove the naysayers wrong - Chris and Des sure did when everyone called him sloppy seconds (although I personally believed they had a chance because they seemed like two truly decent and kind people, something I can't say for Kaitlyn and Shawn, him more than her) but I didn't think Andi and Josh would last based on the red flags I saw during her season, namely that they were both very strong, bossy personalities who wanted everything to be about them. Similarly, I see too many red flags between Shawn and Kaitlyn, namely that he's a creepy, possessive douche whose attitude towards Nick made me think of an overgrown man-child and bully. But hey, maybe Kaitlyn digs that so it'll last forever. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

When they were with Kaitlyn's family, Shawn spoke so easily and beautifully.  Nick just garbled a bunch of nonsense word salad, full of saliva. 

Do you think the producers might have worked with him on that ahead of time? I do. Because he's usually completely uninteresting and inarticulate (and arrogant--a bad combo imo). I'm sure the questions from the family were predictable enough to producers (if they didn't actually prompt them to say things they could edit around). I really question Shawn's transformation there since he has seemed incapable of even keeping up with Kaitlyn's simple level of conversation this entire season.

Thanks to all who posted and saved me from watching tonight--and who made the viewing up till now bearable. On to B-I-P for what will hopefully just be cheesy, good-natured fun!

• Love 2
(edited)

Reality Steve has been live tweeting since the beginning, and I must say he's been pretty hilarious.  

Is he still claiming he chose nobody and there's no winner?

Nick was gracious wishing her well, but he was high tailing it out of there before they even went to commercial. lol

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

It was visibility, TV time and his 15 minutes.

I think they are all there for those reasons, yes?

I never watch this show and only ended up seeing the last couple of weeks of this edition because of my nieces (thanks a lot nieces!). Having said that since Kaitlyn knew what happened with Nick last time - why didn't she just drag some other dead weight into the final? Cupcake or someone like that? Why have this dude get dumped again?

Ugghh. Despite finding Nick tiresome, I found Shawn's jealous, possessiveness far more grating. Plus his whole hating Nick for no apparent reason thing.

I'm glad I won't ever see this show again.

• Love 7
(edited)

Some of us feel the same. 

Ha!  Touche...  yeah, but you probably would've cut him loose before the big proposal show, given the choice...and if they haven't spoken since that night, what the hell did he do to merit that much disdain...?  She looked like she was pissed that he dared exist on her happiest of happy nights...just weird.  I think all these folks are suspect, frankly, but thought that was pretty cold.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 5

Kaitlyn's sister questions whether Nick is "There for the Right Reasons" and toasts to "An Amazing Journey," and Kaitlyn's mom hates Nick because of Andi's season. They are obviously card-carrying members of Bachelor Nation. Kaitlyn's mom was pulling out the hardball questioning...but tears are her kryptonite. Damn it, apparently they're my kryptonite, too--I finally believe he's There for the Right Reasons and they have a genuine connection. I might need to change my vote to Team Nick.

Is Sean holding a huge jar of maracino cherries?! Personalized gifts, huh? Perhaps step-mom drinks Shirley Temples like they're going out of style. Mom is selling Kaitlyn out as a massive flirt, prone to causing jealousy. And somehow Sean managed to not Hulk out and throw the furniture over the balcony: "Jealous of Nick? Oh, of course not. I understand this is part of the journey and it's made us stronger." Huh?! They're going to see this show! Kaitlyn's family is Team Shawn--someone jot down 3 votes from sis, mom, and dad. Who knows about step-dad and step-mom? Guess they're just sitting back popping maracino cherries.

Yeah, Nick "Got a quick ride there!" She said it, Harrison; I'm not cyberbullying!

Kaitlyn is wearing shorts and a t-shirt and a long sweater and boots; Shawn is wearing long sleeves and shorts. The clothing for mixed weather is a metaphor for their relationship, which is also running hot and cold. Brrrr. Better wrap up that sweater, this date is chilly! Awkward! This is SO edited that Kaitlyn is about to send Shawn home on this date and Nick's date was so positively edited that she has to end up picking Shawn...unless they've pulled the bait and switch so many times that they're going full circle here. Could be Kaitlyn is freaking out because she's thinking of being engaged to Shawn tomorrow and she just wanted to get as many last kisses from Nick as she could. Yep, the evening portion of the date implies that's the case.

OMG. The still silence of the audience and the look on that one woman's face of sheer despair over Kaitlyn crying. Bwhahaha!

Damn! I voted I wanted Nick to get dumped again, but the way he turned it back around on Kaitlyn was even better! He slams her for doing fiance-type stuff with him if she didn't really love him! Ladies, do NOT have sex with Nick Vial unless you're planning on putting a ring on it!

Well, my kids talked through the proposal, but I'll presume it was the typical, "From the moment I stepped out of the limo...our amazing journey...yadda-yadda."

Aw. That picture Shawn sent to his friends was cute.

What?! We get 5 minutes with Kaitlyn and Shawn and we're already on to Nick?! Tell me this show doesn't focus on the drama! Romantic journey? Who cares! Tell us about your video chats with Kaitlyn! Yes, after 20 minutes (!) of Shawn and Nick, Shawn says exactly what I'm thinking: "...so much focus on Shawn vs Nick, can't we just focus on the love story." This season turned me, a long-time Wrong Reasons viewer, into desperately wanting to see some Right Reasons for a change. No Amazing Journey whatsoever! Now Nick is talking to Kaitlyn. Yes, this is an ATFR like we've never seen before--the entire damn show is about the F2! 

Only 2 more minutes w/ Kaitlyn and Shawn? That's all they get? The Bachelor in Paradise promo was longer... Oh, hell, yeah! That show is going to rock! Back to being a Wrong Reasons viewer!!

• Love 4
but they may have had sex more times during filming than was shown and "I love you's" was exchanged.

I believe that.  

When Nick mentioned Kaitlyn having said "I love you", the look Kaitlyn gave him was the same as the one Andi gave when he said "fiancé stuff".

• Love 11
(edited)
I'm in love with her final rose dress. Best thing she's worn all season

I liked the red dress she wore when her family met Nick, though it looked like it could be itchy. The final rose dress was beautiful but she could have used some help in the boobage department.

I also think Kaitlyn is playing down her connection to Nick preshow and during the show because of Shawn's jealousy. When they do breakup I bet he gets nasty!

Having said that since Kaitlyn knew what happened with Nick last time - why didn't she just drag some other dead weight into the final?

Because she is an insensitive narcissistic twit

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 7

I think Nick acted just like Nick.... Seriously cannot stand that guy. So manipulative and practiced. Reminds me of my narcissistic ex. At least Shawn, while somehat over the top, is honest in his emotions (though he needs to chill a bit).

Please for the love of god, spare me of more Nick on my TV! I love to snark this show but couldn't handle more Nick.

What's the bid deal about Nicks folks in the first row? They could have declined coming and I'm sure they already knew he lost, so I'm confused why it's an issue.

• Love 10

Oh brother, so angry when Shawn said he was happy the show was over because now he can defend his women against bullying.

So wait, bullying is wrong Shawn? Why did you spend the season bullying Nick and telling him he deserved it for the way he "came across on TV"? That dude is an idiot!

• Love 23

Did I hear Nick correctly that his last "serious relationship" was with Andi?  Because that "relationship" consisted of, what?  Two or Three one-on-one dates and an embarrassing Fantasy Suite date that you got dumped after?

And now you have some sort or post-traumatic stress that everytime the doorbell rings it's going to be a woman dumping you instead of a product placement?

The only thing I find more annoying than Nick is the fact that they didn't announce the next Bachelor (and the camera time they gave Nick tonight) makes me fear they're actually considering him!

• Love 8

I give Kaitlyn & Shawn 3 months tops.   Maybe shorter.

So with that, I'm done with this season.    See everyone over in the Bachelor in Paradise thread!!   Can't wait for the multiple meltdowns!

• Love 6
(edited)

Forgot to ask, what made this the most shocking ending ever? It was the same old, same old - one gets picked and the other rejected.

Oh come on, they say that "most shocking ending" crap every season. I mean they have to try to give the viewers a reason to watch, even when nothing actually happens. I don't think they'll ever have another Mesnick, or Brad 1.0 or hell even a Juan Pablo - pity.

Oh brother, so angry when Shawn said he was happy the show was over because now he can defend his women against bullying.

Also, why would he have to wait when the show was over to defend her? While the show is airing, the contestants all presumably give the impression they're still madly in love with the lead until they're eliminated or they're the one picked in the end. So considering he was on screen competing for and declaring his love for her, he could have defended her online if he wanted to. Nick did many times and he's the one who got dumped. 

Did I hear Nick correctly that his last "serious relationship" was with Andi?  Because that "relationship" consisted of, what?  Two or Three one-on-one dates and an embarrassing Fantasy Suite date that you got dumped after?

I don't take that stuff seriously. I think it's all part of story this franchise tries to sell about these all being such meaningful relationships. It's like the stupid, "20 of my ex-boyfriends/ex-girlfriends" nonsense the lead always says when doing the MTA/WTA. Nick was spotted for months with Julie Berry, a former Survivor contestant and DWTS producer. I highly doubt he hasn't been with anyone since Andi but it makes for a better story with his being dumped at F2 twice. I do think it's hilarious that everytime Nick ends up sucking up most of the screentime from the engaged couple, at the ATFR. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Worst season ever. Chris Harrison interrupted every conversation that got near the "Show told me to do that" explanation. Shame on all of them. They all knew what they were going into. Kaitlyn could of course have let Nick know off-camera that he wasn't F1 ahead of time even if he had to go through with the final rose ceremony--if she had told him she would do that and then didn't, shame on her twice.

Her bitchface when Nick was explaining at Chris H's request what he felt at her rejection was hilarious--she says she wants honesty but not really. Loved that he threw back "in the moment" in her face when he said his feelings were more than in the moment.

Please Shawn you don't need to defend her for a bullying controversy she and Show created. Stay off my tv screen. Please DWTS do not have any of these people on. Ever.

Thank God that's over.

• Love 16