Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: The Final Rose / S11.E13: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

Personally, I like Nick and would love to see him as the Bachelor even though I don't think TB producers like him enough for that. (But...considering the show...maybe they hate him enough for it.)  He'd be very controversial, ratings-wise it could go either way.

Personally, I think he has a lot more personality than Ben H, seems nice, fun and interesting esp. compared with CS and JP. And I'd love to see Andi and Kaitlyn (and Josh and Shawn's) heads explode when he really finds a great woman who adores him and gets married --televised on ABC's dime-- unlike any of them. I'd love to see "what goes around comes around" and Nick wind up as the "good guy" because I can't stand any of those above (except Josh, who seems boring and self-centered, but nice enough otherwise).

But... even if Nick's taste in women continued to be bad--and his judgment right along with it--and F1 rejected him even when he was the lead... so be it. It would still, from ABC's point of view, be good entertainment which equals ratings & money--the latter being all they care about.  

But I don't think Nick has a chance. Maybe it will be Ben Z.

• Love 6

I actually think Nick might have a legit chance. The ratings this season went up when he showed up. He was also out on stage during most of the ATFR special and it had great ratings. Ratings are what TPTB care about. Controversy is what brings them. I'm sure Nick as the Bachelor would be ratings gold despite him being disliked by many. They would watch him in the hopes of girls turning him down, while people who like him would watch to see him finally find "true love". He's also been through the "process" twice, fell in love both times and managed to come out on top despite being rejected both times. TPTB can rest assured that he will fall for someone and that he can handle any public reaction coming his way.

Ooh yeah! 2 years in a row of that "national controversy" Chris Harrison kept telling us about, and the fact that Nick *falls in love* completely irrespective of actual personality traits or compatibility! 

I wish they would get totally new people every time. UNLESS...they just ditch the whole franchise and replace it with a show that consists entirely of us watching Juan Pablo tell women ees okay behind assorted concession stands! Then he kicks a soccer ball and it hits Shawn in the nose, because he's too busy watching Nick underhand toss a coconut. I'll watch that show. ...So I guess what I'm actually saying is that I'm glad BiP is about to start!!

Reading another forum about Kaitlyn and Shawn, it seems like all they do is snapchat, periscope, instagram and tweet(twitter). I don't know who said it on here but I think they were right they are looking for a reality show. Maybe they can become YouTube celebrities, vlog about their life and make money that way. They don't seem to be searching for employment. They are all about "party all the time party all the time" and taking so call cute photos and videos looking like college students 

• Love 4
But... even if Nick's taste in women continued to be bad--and his judgment right along with it--and F1 rejected him even when he was the lead... so be it. It would still, from ABC's point of view, be good entertainment which equals ratings & money--the latter being all they care about.

Girl the producers would be salivating over that ending and the promos for "THE MOST SHOCKING FINALE EVER" would be out of this world. Trust, the producers would not see that as a fail. 

• Love 2

I just want to see what they would tweet or if they would tweet at all if Nick was the Bachelor. Like would they be afraid to tweet anything negative as to not get on ABC bad side and keep the money train going?

Isn't it called "cyberbullying" when someone tweets negative things? I think that term perfectly fits Kaitlyn and Shawn.

• Love 3

Girl the producers would be salivating over that ending and the promos for "THE MOST SHOCKING FINALE EVER" would be out of this world. Trust, the producers would not see that as a fail.

It would definitely be the central theme of the season regardless of the actual ending. The narrative is there and with editing it would be scripted to make the viewers think that's going to be the eventual outcome. Nick actually predicted having the F1 reject him during one of his interviews, so I can see the show actively working that angle with the cast, and/or selling it to the audience in the unlikely event that it doesn't go as planned. Personally, I don't think Nick should do it, but if I were an ABC executive or a show producer, it seems a no-brainer to pick him. 

• Love 2
Kaitlyn on DWTS with a hot, single male dancer with jealous, insecure Shawn on the sidelines...that is an US Weekly dream come true! Give her Maks or whoever else is known to get involved with partners. Whitney always had a forced smile on her face during that show and she didn't even have Shawn's documented history of jealousy, so I think he would lose his mind.

I have tuned into DWTS for a total of two minutes in the entirety of its existence, but I would be there every week, glued to my television, just to watch Shawn's head explode from jealousy.  Can't stand that guy.

I don't think TPTB liked Vienna much either. I recall her being from a rural area in Florida, and the way the hometown visit was edited you would swear the family was barely one step above Deliverance...if not a step below!

Ahh, good times from a classic Bachelor season. Seriously, Jake and Vienna's televised breakup was one of the best moments in reality tv ever. And to think Ali Fedotowsky fell down in a hotel hallway and cried over him.

Although I wish ABC was considering him just to see Kaitlyn, Shawn and Andi reaction. Also Josh reaction since he was trying so hard on social media to get support to be the next Bachelor. That would be hilarious.

Yes it would but I fear that the producers would pay the girls to reject Nick at the end just for the hilarity of it. I think the best outcome would be for Nick to be offered the gig and then turn it down, saying something like the quality of the women that he has met on the show just isn't worth the effort. LOL.  It would burn everyone, including Josh.  

• Love 4

I think Kaitlyn and Shawn will make it. I think they're equally mid-smart, not attractive enough to have lots of outside competition, and their "connection" is enough to satisfy.

I think I would like Nick in real life. Maybe (maybe?) even as a boyfriend. But he famewhored himself out so bad I see him as a fake. In no time, place, or universe would Nick seriously like Kaitlyn. The lame Ivy Leauger was dead on-she's all fart jokes. Full stop. Nick isn't and that he came back and worse, professed love, makes me see him as a TV seeking tool.

I think Ben Z (who's name will forever be Benzee to me) would be the best pick. That guy is smoking. I remember when he spoke of his moms death I found it not typical cheesy bachelor style. Of course K could only do a "oh no, I'm so sorry". He just seems....cool. A catch. I'd want him on top of me too, er, think he would be an awesome Bachelor bc he didn't exhibit lameness. That I can remember. Full disclosure I allow myself to get half lit on Mondays for this so keep that in mind.

• Love 2

What if they chose Nick as the Bachelor and then a former contestant who had a crush on him came to join mid-season? And what if the other women hated her and bullied her? And what if Nick then ended up with the biggest bully as his F1??? OMG, it's an enigma wrapped in a paradox!!! The storylines abound people. (TPTB please don't read this.)

• Love 5
What if they chose Nick as the Bachelor and then a former contestant who had a crush on him came to join mid-season?

At the wedding....Minister:  If anyone can show just cause why Shawn and Kaitlyn should not be pronounced man and wife, let him speak now or forever...."

Nick:  (Interrupts with a whine)...I just want to speak to Kaitlyn for a few minutes.................................

• Love 1