Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Awfully Charitable

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bethenny is hardly one to point out the biases of others. The ENTIRE show has promoted her bias behaviors towards both Kristen and Heather.

As far as Dorinda, I stated very early on this forum that her nasty self perceived elevation to/over John at the restaurant demonstrated an ugly character.

I hear ya...but people tend to not be aware of their own biases...you know, they don't always practice what they preach. Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

Somewhere out there is a construction worker wailing, "Stud shamed! I've been stud shamed!"

LOL.  A far worse scenario is a wife out there saying I want to beat the skinny bitch's ass.  Keep your blow job away from my husband.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was answering why Dorinda was still angry at Heather not necessarily if she was justified.  Much like Ramona getting such a whopping pass over having the guy over, Carole seems to be getting a giant pass over her treatment of Doringa during the inquisition.  The problem is with Carole/Heather they go down as a team and refuse to see or acknowledge the other's behavior toward a third party may be offensive.  I personally thought Carole was offensive towards Dorinda.  Carole seemed more concerned with plying a clearly clueless Dorinda with questions and insulting her than Heather who was more interested in getting to the bottom of things.  If they want to support each other unconditionally then they have to take the good with the bad.  At the point they approached Dorinda she was in a fairly vulnerable place-in a swimsuit and without visual orientation and pretty much hungover and half awake.

I do think Dorinda was exhibiting some strange inner anger toward Heather.  I initially speculated that Dorinda had befriended Heather for housewife politics, then dumped her when she saw Heather was being written as the villain of the season.  Now I'm wondering if Dorinda felt a special close connection to Heather, then flipped when she saw she wasn't Heather's bestie.  I'm one of those horrible Scorpios that are very difficult to get to know.  Once or twice I've hit it off with someone and thought we were pretty good friends, only to discover that the other person was just super friendly, and had one hundred good friends.  It sounds childish if this is Dorinda's motivation, but she's pretty irrational and paranoid when she's drunk.  She's like that relative you're afraid to have for Christmas dinner.  One too many cocktails, and she's spilling every dirty secret (and bitching about every imagined slight) in front of the children.

Now I disagree about Dorinda not knowing what was going on.  Other than a full-on drunken black out, there's just no way Dorinda didn't know who was in the vehicle she drove home in.  And I wouldn't particularly want to be caught on camera, wearing an unflattering bathing suit while squatting with legs spread, but that's why I'm not on a reality show.  And if wearing said bathing suit makes Dorinda feel vulnerable, she should be wearing a cover up.

"At the point they approached Dorinda she was in a fairly vulnerable place-in a swimsuit and without visual orientation and pretty much hungover and half awake."  If Dorinda was too blind, hungover, and sleepy, to handle answering a simple question, I'm surprised she was able to navigate an unfamiliar home without falling down the stairs.  And she certainly shouldn't be trusted to exit the home in a bathing suit, because she's not lucid enough to avoid falling into the pool and drowning.  I think Dorinda was playing dumb, badly.  For a woman who prides herself on being straight forward, how about - "I'm not getting in the middle of this", or "I was so drunk I blacked out", or "I didn't bring anyone home, talk to the other ladies".  I'm not a Carole fan, but she seemed dumbfounded by Dorinda's dumb act.

I think it is much more interesting that Dorinda has a Purell love for Luann.

Cause I mean who knows where she has been?

Shame on you, you slut shamer!

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 5
(edited)

Now I disagree about Dorinda not knowing what was going on. Other than a full-on drunken black out, there's just no way Dorinda didn't know who was in the vehicle she drove home in. And I wouldn't particularly want to be caught on camera, wearing an unflattering bathing suit while squatting with legs spread, but that's why I'm not on a reality show. And if wearing said bathing suit makes Dorinda feel vulnerable, she should be wearing a cover up.

"At the point they approached Dorinda she was in a fairly vulnerable place-in a swimsuit and without visual orientation and pretty much hungover and half awake." If Dorinda was too vulnerable, hungover, and sleepy, to handle answering a simple question, I'm surprised she was able to navigate an unfamiliar home without falling down the stairs. And she certainly shouldn't be trusted to exit the home in a bathing suit, because she's not lucid enough to avoid falling into the pool and drowning. I think Dorinda was playing dumb, badly. For a woman who prides herself on being straight forward, how about - "I'm not getting in the middle of this", or "I was so drunk I blacked out", or "I didn't bring anyone home, talk to the other ladies". I'm not a Carole fan, but she seemed dumbfounded by Dorinda's dumb act.

Has it been determined that they all came back in the same car at the same time? Kristen didn't seem to have been in the car with LuAnn and Ramona, as she needed to get the scoop from Alisteir, and Heather and Carole were the only ones mentioned who went back to the house after dinner. It's possible that Dorinda really didn't know.

Or she was too drunk to know. Maybe the dumb was not an act.

Edited by shoegal

Now I disagree about Dorinda not knowing what was going on. Other than a full-on drunken black out, there's just no way Dorinda didn't know who was in the vehicle she drove home in.

Exactly. It was no inquisition. It might have sounded like one only because Dorinda refused to answer a simple yes or no question. She was covering for them, or didn't want to get involved.

• Love 6

I do think Dorinda was exhibiting some strange inner anger toward Heather.  I initially speculated that Dorinda had befriended Heather for housewife politics, then dumped her when she saw Heather was being written as the villain of the season.  Now I'm wondering if Dorinda felt a special close connection to Heather, then flipped when she saw she wasn't Heather's bestie.  I'm one of those horrible Scorpios that are very difficult to get to know.  Once or twice I've hit it off with someone and thought we were pretty good friends, only to discover that the other person was just super friendly, and had one hundred good friends.  It sounds childish if this is Dorinda's motivation, but she's pretty irrational and paranoid when she's drunk.  She's like that relative you're afraid to have for Christmas dinner.  One too many cocktails, and she's spilling every dirty secret (and bitching about every imagined slight) in front of the children.

Now I disagree about Dorinda not knowing what was going on.  Other than a full-on drunken black out, there's just no way Dorinda didn't know who was in the vehicle she drove home in.  And I wouldn't particularly want to be caught on camera, wearing an unflattering bathing suit while squatting with legs spread, but that's why I'm not on a reality show.  And if wearing said bathing suit makes Dorinda feel vulnerable, she should be wearing a cover up.

"At the point they approached Dorinda she was in a fairly vulnerable place-in a swimsuit and without visual orientation and pretty much hungover and half awake."  If Dorinda was too blind, hungover, and sleepy, to handle answering a simple question, I'm surprised she was able to navigate an unfamiliar home without falling down the stairs.  And she certainly shouldn't be trusted to exit the home in a bathing suit, because she's not lucid enough to avoid falling into the pool and drowning.  I think Dorinda was playing dumb, badly.  For a woman who prides herself on being straight forward, how about - "I'm not getting in the middle of this", or "I was so drunk I blacked out", or "I didn't bring anyone home, talk to the other ladies".  I'm not a Carole fan, but she seemed dumbfounded by Dorinda's dumb act.

You bring up a great point about the friendship not being all that Dorinda expected it to be.  I think the turning point was the argument between Heather and Bethenny at dinner.  I think it bothered Dorinda Heather kept at it with Bethenny.  Dorinda did go so far as to say it was her birthday dinner and didn't appreciate the elevated discussion.  This is on the heels of Ramona and LuAnn arguing at a Dorinda birthday celebration. I think Dorinda liked Bethenny and probably wasn't supportive of Heather's position regarding Bethenny's troubles.  I also think in T&C Heather went after Sonja shortly after Dorinda told her to stand up for herself. 

I stand by what I said-Dorinda was obviously unwilling or unable to offer answers to Carole and Heather and Carole needed to carry on. Heather did.   Dorinda told her right off the bat-I went straight to bed.  She didn't bring the man upstairs.  Sometimes no answer is the best answer.  I will say write this with a straight face-say the situation was far worse-a man's body floating in the pool or a stolen $100,000.00 watch. If it were me I would rather know what was going on before commenting.  Oh and I would also want to put on a cover up and my contacts. I don't think Carole wanted to stop and explain the situation.

Has it been determined that they all came back in the same car at the same time? Kristen didn't seem to have been in the car with LuAnn and Ramona, as she needed to get the scoop from Alisteir, and Heather and Carole were the only ones mentioned who went back to the house after dinner. It's possible that Dorinda really didn't know.

I don't think it's been mentioned or blogged, but I can't imagine Kristen accompanying L/R/D/S out to party.  First of all, she already seemed put off by Lu/Dorinda's drunken arguments, and she knows how out of control Sonja usually gets when drunk, and how Sonja/Ramona act like her "two drunken aunts" when they get together.  But also because Kristen seems to be the early bird of the group.  Even in the Berkshires at Heather's, it seemed that Kristen was the first one up.  There was a shot of her drinking coffee and just enjoying the view.  I was disgusted by how beautiful she was just fresh out of bed.

Kristen is boring, and I've come to appreciate that.  I've stopped holding her friendship with Brandi against her, and I like her occasional comical moments.

You bring up a great point about the friendship not being all that Dorinda expected it to be. 

Going with the assumption Dorinda thought she and Heather were better friends than they actually were, people are often angrier and more hurt by their friends vs. acquaintances.  Although I think this in no way excuses Dorinda's irrational anger, I prefer to think there was at least some motivation (beyond insane paranoia) for her behavior.  Otherwise, she's crazy unpredictable and irrational, and I would want no part of her. 

• Love 2

I definitely get the anger-the hashtag crap about her mother being proud of her now and saying that her daughter drops f-bombs. Dorinda said she didn't like to be humiliated and Heather humiliated her to the point she left the table. Just because Heather apologized doesn't make it right. I also think after the apology the storm trooper routine did not work with Dorinda.  Dorinda was on vacation not a hostile witness in front of a grand jury.

I think the humiliation was tit for tat.  Holy Crow - can't stand the heat Dorinda honey? Back that shit up and get out of the kitchen!

I hate defending Dorinda but I think what she means by a pure friendship with Heather is that she considers/considered her an actual friend, not just a Housewives "friend". Pure = real.

Do you think that maybe they started getting together when she found she was going to be on the show and bonded before they started filming?  Or knew each other before that?

I am so trying to figure out where in the Berkshires their houses are!  Did Ramona fly out of Great Barrington airport last season?  I was on vacation last week and we rode through the Berkshires and I swear on my mother's grave I though I saw Dorinda getting out of an SUV heading into the Ergemont MA (sp) Dunkin' Donuts!  We had just gotten back on the motorcycles and this SUV pulled in and I nearly fell off the bike trying to swivel around to get a better look.  Didn't help that I did not have my glasses on!

Sonoma, I was going to say pure to Dorinda means innocent, but I think your "real" is more likely. I don't get anything sketchy about her saying pure.

Love Carole saying what I thought: Painting the foyer storage area SG red. I get branding your product. But b is really taking it to a whole other level with splashing SG and red on everything. It was at the Hamptons home prominently and now her apartment. I don't get it. I posed the theory that she uses the homes as tax write offs, somehow making them a business expense. I also recognized that she is using a lot of stuff from Restoration Hardware, just going by all those boxes with RH on them. Loved Carole saying, in a kind of bewildered or baffled voice [about Bryn and an extravagantly expensive chandelier in her bedroom] "She's four..."  

RedheadZombie, were they YT leggings or YT jeans? I thought it was in keeping with the diamonds [fancy dress] and denim [jeans] theme. If that helps you love it again.

Anyone ever read the blog Suburban Turmoil?  She does a post every season or so on the Restoration Hardware catalog.  Hi-freakin-lirious!

Shame on you, you slut shamer!

I laughed so hard out loud!  I think she was playing dumb because possibly she didn't want them to know how drunk she got as the night progressed!  I'm a big liar liar pants on fire person about that too.

You bring up a great point about the friendship not being all that Dorinda expected it to be.  I think the turning point was the argument between Heather and Bethenny at dinner.  I think it bothered Dorinda Heather kept at it with Bethenny.  Dorinda did go so far as to say it was her birthday dinner and didn't appreciate the elevated discussion.  This is on the heels of Ramona and LuAnn arguing at a Dorinda birthday celebration. I think Dorinda liked Bethenny and probably wasn't supportive of Heather's position regarding Bethenny's troubles.  I also think in T&C Heather went after Sonja shortly after Dorinda told her to stand up for herself. 

I stand by what I said-Dorinda was obviously unwilling or unable to offer answers to Carole and Heather and Carole needed to carry on. Heather did.   Dorinda told her right off the bat-I went straight to bed.  She didn't bring the man upstairs.  Sometimes no answer is the best answer.  I will say write this with a straight face-say the situation was far worse-a man's body floating in the pool or a stolen $100,000.00 watch. If it were me I would rather know what was going on before commenting.  Oh and I would also want to put on a cover up and my contacts. I don't think Carole wanted to stop and explain the situation.

Wish I knew why I tagged this to quote....Oh well, I'll keep it in just for the heck of it!

• Love 3

Surprisingly, Dorinda didn't express that at her birthday dinner in The Berkshires. She actually said she wanted them to get it all out and say what they needed. She was incredibly supportive of both. She said she wanted Heather to express whatever she needed to express, and she wanted Beth to do the same. She said that Heather's intentions were "so good", and that she was a "fixer". This was the episode that was so frustrating to me, because it is the very best example of how she said one thing during the show and in her TH, but Tweeted very mean things about the exact same interaction when it was happening.

• Love 7
(edited)

Two things that I can think of that explains Dorinda's anger at Heather are, she' has an underlying issue with Heather unbeknownst to Heather or she decided to fued with Heather in order to keep her apple.

I think the former is less plausible because if she does have issues with Heather, it would have manifested earlier than it did. And whatever her issue with Heather might be, it couldn't have been that deep since they'd become close a short while ago. It takes a long time for the level of vitriol she has for Heather to boil to the surface.

That leaves her playing the housewives game by bringing as much drama as she can to the table. She's chosen anger at Heather to facilitate her desirability to the suits for whatever reason. The thing she didn't think about is that being overly nasty is not always rewarded with a contract renewal. The latest example is Brandi whom I think was valuable to the suits because of her willingness to instigate. She proudly stated it was her contribution to the show at her last reunion. However there is such a thing as too much even for these shows , I can only hope Dorinda is proving to be too much to be asked back. These kinds of tactics only work, for a short time, when the person they are engaging is willing to get down and dirty with them. Like Lisa keeping Brandi at arm's length, Heather's buffleness to Dorinda's behavior is indirectly causing Dorinda's plan to fail. You need likewise engagement to lessen the gaint asshole you'd come off as if you go this route.

Another reason Dorinda might have picked a fight with Heather is if she thought it safe since she and Heather are suppsoed friends in real life and she could make amends to Heather offscreen. Except that she's continuing the nasty attacks off season.

Heather and Kristen's fight last seaon was one of the most genuine discord I've seen on this franchise. It wasn't pretty and could've gotten nasty but it didn't because Kristen and Heather are actual friends. Their relationship made the fight interesting but unlike most Housewives fights, it stopped short of being a nasty dragged out event.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 7
(edited)

I just watched the preview and imo it sucked! We are now back to square one with it being all about Beth and her products. UGH! Does Andy think we really want to see her unfinished condo and waste 5 minutes of our time? Why is Beth hating on Heather so much? It's annoying and all it does is make me like Heather even more.  I am wondering why Carole even hangs out with Beth.  

Regarding Beth's comment re:naked stranger sleeping over well there is no middle! That was very dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 9

I just watched the preview and imo it sucked! We are now back to square one with it being all about Beth and her products. UGH! Does Andy think we really want to see her unfinished condo and waste 5 minutes of our time? Why is Beth hating on Heather so much? It's annoying and all it does is make me like Heather even more.  I am wondering why Carole even hangs out with Beth.  

Huh?

Are you talking about the First Looks?

I enjoyed seeing the conversation between Bethenny and Carole at the condo.

• Love 2

Huh?

Are you talking about the First Looks?

I enjoyed seeing the conversation between Bethenny and Carole at the condo.

sorry I said preview and not first looks, but I did post in right spot. You may enjoy watching the convo, I did not.

• Love 1

The practical "mother of boys" in me cringed at the chandelier in Bryn's room. I can only imagine that thing being broken into a million pieces all over the floor after a play date with friends. However, Bryn is probably not allowed play dates with friends and her room will always be prim and proper so I guess a chandelier is ok.

I liked Kristen's look at the charity event. It reminded me of Lucille Ball's look on I love Lucy. She always wore a beautiful long over shirt like that with her pants. I liked it.

A play group of four year old girls would break a chandelier? Seems unlikely to me.

• Love 3

Yes. Although I "like" Heather, every bit of negative nuance, shade,...adds to the complexity of the underlying reason for my support of Heather.

I certainly do not believe Heather to be without fault, yet this insistent Bethenny's House and Garden and Heather antipathy by ...encourages me to be MORE entrenched and forceful in support of Heather.

• Love 8

sorry I said preview and not first looks, but I did post in right spot. You may enjoy watching the convo, I did not.

OK

I do enjoy watching Carole and Bethenny.  They're more fun than watching Drunken Dorinda, Hypocrite LuAnn or riding the RamonaCoaster.

• Love 3

Then she could have said she was in a different car

• Love 3

A play group of four year old girls would break a chandelier? Seems unlikely to me.

LOL, You have never met my 3 year old Granddaughter! She is a very active little girl who loves to rough house, just as much as her Daddy, our son, did at that age, so I can see 3 or 4 little girls like her breaking an expensive chandelier by accident. LOL

• Love 5

Yeah I think the likelihood of kids breaking a light fixture attached to a ten foot ceiling are pretty remote.  I would exclude the Giudice children because I do believe they would be inclined to swing from one or two chandeliers around the house.  The kid also had an expensive bed.  Carole came from a poor family bit I am quite certain her husband and his sister had exquisite furnishings in the homes they grew up in. .  

• Love 2
(edited)

Long handled umbrella + jumping on the bed = broken ceiling light fixture.  Been there, done that, freaked out my dad when he ran in after the crash and saw the shards of glass on the floor.  Yes, I was trying to fly.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

Yeah I think the likelihood of kids breaking a light fixture attached to a ten foot ceiling are pretty remote.  I would exclude the Giudice children because I do believe they would be inclined to swing from one or two chandeliers around the house.  The kid also had an expensive bed.  Carole came from a poor family bit I am quite certain her husband and his sister had exquisite furnishings in the homes they grew up in. .  

Sorry, OT but also OT! LOL When our son was 1 year old, he still needed to hold onto things to walk but he would crawl into our dinning room, push a chair back, climb up and then onto the dinning room table and stand up to grab the chandelier and swing from it! LOL, we moved the chairs away from the table and he would push them back and climb up! He would also climb the trees in our yard and the laundry line poles! We swore he was born part monkey and his daughter is just like him! Yes, little kids, girls or boys can break chandeliers at Bryn's age by accident because well, kids don't think about consequences all that much at her age. That said, Bethenny can afford it and afford to replace it if needed. LOL 

• Love 7

I stand corrected about the chandelier. Wild times some of you have had. Was seriously nerdy myself.

When I was 3 and my sister 1, she broke her collar bone jumping from her crib to our dresser because I was jumping from my bed to the dresser and she wanted to do what I was doing! LOL Oh, I guess I just realized the monkey part my son/granddaughter have is from me! LOL

• Love 6

I would exclude the Giudice children because I do believe they would be inclined to swing from one or two chandeliers around the house.

It's a good thing LuAnn isn't on RHONJ.

I'd bet real money that Milania could take LuAnn.  LOL

• Love 4

Question, when are "first looks" on and how did my DVR not tape it? Are they the social episodes or something Andy shows on his show? Missed anything showing Bethany's apartments etc.

They are either shown on Saturday or Sunday evening. This week, and last week, it was Sunday night.

• Love 1

Question, when are "first looks" on and how did my DVR not tape it? Are they the social episodes or something Andy shows on his show? Missed anything showing Bethany's apartments etc.

This week they are at 8:00 pm Sunday night.

Bidding is closed and here are the final results.......

Items per page:

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Kristen Taekman, Real Housewive...

$255.00
35 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Luann de Lesseps, Real Housewiv...

$152.50
25 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Ramona Singer, Real Housewives ...

$152.50
44 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Bethenny Frankel, Real Housewiv...

$610.00
36 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Heather Thomson, Real Housewive...

$600.00
24 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Carole Radziwill, Real Housewiv...

$510.00
21 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Dorinda Medley, Real Housewives...

$205.00
36 Bids

sold
out
Yummie Jeans Decorated by Sonja Morgan, Real Housewives o...

$152.50

• Love 1

This is why I cannot get behind Dorinda anymore. I liked her in the beginning, but she has just lost all credibility to me. Carole was clearly the one doing the questioning of Dorinda. She was the one who was pressing her for answers. Yet Dorinda seems to be fine with Carole. I mean, if it was all so traumatic for her, if she felt like there was a need for an apology, why go to London with her? On Twitter, during her play-by-play of the action, all of the criticism was for Heather. It just makes no sense to me, because Dorinda has never explained her crazy behavior regarding Heather at this point. 

Hi motorcitymom65

I still think All Roads Lead To Rome-moana.

The Troublemaker Turtle has some sort of hand in the hostility Dorinda feels for Heather.

The Noodle has never forgiven Heather for NOT inviting and intentionally NOT inviting her to London.

If Ramona and Dorinda really had some sort of relationship before Dorinda was signed on....I can see her going to Dorinda to plant the seed of to be careful of Heather. She is not a nice person etc.

In the Berkshires, after the dinner party - I'm sure someone pointed out the Peter interrogation to Dorinda. If I were a "friend" to Ramona, I would see Heather's intent was not friendly dinner party conversation but a means to embarrass my friend and her guest in MY home during my Birthday party. I am also still puzzled by why that has not been addressed again on the show the Peter/Mario Mistress connection.

I also think some may have whispered to Dorinda - the weekend was your event - how come Heather kept trying to "take over" hostessing?

She might also have received further whispers from Sonja about Heather talking about her antics during off camera time...and not liking it being brought up on the show.

I can easily see Dorinda swaying towards a bias against Heather.

I can even see some time during the show, Ramona pulling Dorinda aside to say that Heather has been talking smack about John & Hannah.

Now fast forward to too many Dirty Dorinda Martinis, paranoid Dorinda is out, and the minute Heather said Hannah curses all the time...she went Aha! it really is true she does bring up negative stuff up about her coworkers that occurred off camera/off season.

I am not justifying Dorinda's behavior. She might just be a mean drunk. She might just be a mean person underneath and it is revealed whenever she has too much too drink. I do think however there could be a "reason" for the hostility...aka shit stirrer Noodle whispers

Overall I still like Dorinda, their petty bickerings still entertain me

• Love 3

I don't think Ramona has anything to do with it. I think Dorinda is just that person. Perfectly nice, fun to be around, rational and yet, quick trigger temper that lashes out. I put all of it on her, not Ramona. 

Also, it has been mentioned before, Heather tried to take over hosting at Dorinda's. I just didn't see that happen and don't understand the talk about it. Not calling out anyone, I just didn't see it. 

Actually Heather said it.  I think it is okay to help the rookie and I can see Heather doing it.  It just so happened Bethenny's surprise appearance went south.  I do think Heather honestly thought she was bind helpful trying to find Bethenny alternative food. 

• Love 3

I don't think Ramona has anything to do with it. I think Dorinda is just that person. Perfectly nice, fun to be around, rational and yet, quick trigger temper that lashes out. I put all of it on her, not Ramona. 

Also, it has been mentioned before, Heather tried to take over hosting at Dorinda's. I just didn't see that happen and don't understand the talk about it. Not calling out anyone, I just didn't see it. 

I think it's kind of a combo of both Ramona whispering in her ear and Dorinda being that person who snaps in a heartbeat. Dorinda yelling at Heather for walking ahead of her into the restaurant but not yelling at anyone else made me think she has a personal issue with Heather that she doesn't have with the others, and that has to stem from somewhere. And we know Ramona does this shit all the time, she tried it with Luann (telling Dorinda that Luann was trashing John), she tried it with Sonja and Bethenny, so no doubt she does it with everyone. She's a shit-stirrer, but that IS her role on this show so I can't get too mad about it. 

Heather said in a TH that she saw herself as co-hostess because she's from the Berkshires. Which was ridiculous, but Heather is a little ridiculous in needing to be the mom type all the time. I think I'd enjoy someone like that in my life, cause I could use someone organizing shit and taking care of me, but it doesn't work for everyone.

All these ladies are a little ridiculous at different times, which is why I'm never on any team. 

• Love 3

I think it's kind of a combo of both Ramona whispering in her ear and Dorinda being that person who snaps in a heartbeat. Dorinda yelling at Heather for walking ahead of her into the restaurant but not yelling at anyone else made me think she has a personal issue with Heather that she doesn't have with the others, and that has to stem from somewhere. And we know Ramona does this shit all the time, she tried it with Luann (telling Dorinda that Luann was trashing John), she tried it with Sonja and Bethenny, so no doubt she does it with everyone. She's a shit-stirrer, but that IS her role on this show so I can't get too mad about it. 

Heather said in a TH that she saw herself as co-hostess because she's from the Berkshires. Which was ridiculous, but Heather is a little ridiculous in needing to be the mom type all the time. I think I'd enjoy someone like that in my life, cause I could use someone organizing shit and taking care of me, but it doesn't work for everyone.

All these ladies are a little ridiculous at different times, which is why I'm never on any team. 

I really believe that it has been LuAnn in Dorinda's ear since right before they went to T&C and ever since, not Ramona. Although Ramona may have tried in the beginning to influence Dorinda against Heather, Carole and Kristen, IMO, LuAnn was the 1 that actually got Dorinda to side with her against Heather. They, LuAnn/Dorinda are still tight, still up each others butts and courting the likes of Aviva and Jill Z since filming ended.

• Love 2

I really believe that it has been LuAnn in Dorinda's ear since right before they went to T&C and ever since, not Ramona. Although Ramona may have tried in the beginning to influence Dorinda against Heather, Carole and Kristen, IMO, LuAnn was the 1 that actually got Dorinda to side with her against Heather. They, LuAnn/Dorinda are still tight, still up each others butts and courting the likes of Aviva and Jill Z since filming ended.

Was LuAnn mad at Heather for something before they left for T&C? I could totally see LuAnn doing this I just didn't realize she had a problem with Heather earlier. 

• Love 3

Was LuAnn mad at Heather for something before they left for T&C? I could totally see LuAnn doing this I just didn't realize she had a problem with Heather earlier. 

I don't think they had any issues. They were dancing together and having fun at that one bar, and they were the two tweeting pictures of themselves together when they first arrived. I think all was good with them when they got there.  

• Love 2

I think LuAnn made a decision to go against Heather and Carole to a lesser degree just to save her Apple for next season, not that she was really ever mad at Heather/Carole, and advised Dorinda to go along with her. They have 8 HW this season and I would think they all realize someone will be let go next season and Heather and Kristen were the easiest choices.  Kristen is no threat to any of them, she doesn't say squat about their horrid behavior most of the time but Heather tells them like it is, so Heather has the biggest target on her back followed by Kristen. Also, they knew that Bethenny, despite saying she and Heather are fine, does not like Heather or Kristen and she, Bethenny, has the closest ties to Andy of all  of them. and she will be asked back next season. Sooo, long story short, the old guard and Dorinda are attaching themselves to Bethenny to insure their own return to the show next season and are praying that Heather and Kristen either quit or get fired. It is all about saving their own skin even at the expense of someone else. Just my own theory! LOL

• Love 6

Anyone who has on camera made dicey comments about minorities and disabled people shouldn't be ranting on film about how her people are pure and she's pure.

I'm saying this as a German American that has been giving Dorinda the side eye already and is aware how certain language sounds very sketchy. JMHO!

• Love 7

I think all was good before they left for T&C.  There was a general displeasure with Sonja for her drinking behavior but the rest seemed to be getting on just fine.  Ramona had everyone a little ticked from the get go and Bethenny ignored Kristen.  I think it was maybe Heather being fed up with the constant party and Luann  being oblivious to the others concerns.  I have a problem when someone asks for my opinion and I give it and then they tell me I am wrong or slam me.  There was a faction that seemed pretty exhausted.

• Love 1

Kristin's blog says she and Dorinda were upstairs watching the "events" that night. So while I can agree Dorinda was probably too drunk to process the questions the next morning, she knew the guys had come back.

Funny stories of chandeliers and children!! Too bad the HW can't be that light-hearted.

I can imagine Bethenny photographing her various Skinnygirl products on those red shelves, and trying to take a tax deduction for home office with that as evidence.

• Love 3

Anyone who has on camera made dicey comments about minorities and disabled people shouldn't be ranting on film about how her people are pure and she's pure.

I'm saying this as a German American that has been giving Dorinda the side eye already and is aware how certain language sounds very sketchy. JMHO!

I am loathe to defend Dorinda because I really do not like the woman.  BUT. I took her weird "pure" comments to mean "authentic." As in, when she and Heather are in the Berkshires, they are themselves- their true "pure" selves.  Like, non of the NYC and Housewives BS that distorts people's friendships, lifestyles and/or intentions. 

But idk, this is just speculation. 

• Love 1

Normally, when all the Housewives turn on another Housewife, I think "where there's smoke there's fire" - like with Lisa V. a few seasons ago on RHBH.  (Note - I'm not taking sides on that one, I'm just saying, there had to be something going on for all of them to be feeling a certain kind of way.)

So normally, if I saw all the HWs turning on Heather, I would think "smoke, fire."

And I do think that Heather attracts controversy over someone like Kristen or Carole, the same way a tall tree attracts lightning.  Heather is forceful and dynamic, and that's going to get a response. So I think it is easy to fight with her.

But in this case, what makes it feel somehow more icky, to me at least, is the Bethenny/Andy dynamic.  At this point the subtext, TO ME, is stronger than the text.  And the subtext is:  

1.  Ratings were failing.

2.  Bethenny was brought back to save the show and be the new alpha female.

3.  If you want to be on the show, you better be on Bethenny's team

4.  Bethenny doesn't like Heather.

Ergo... things like Luann turning on Heather (but not Carole) over naked man gate, or Dorinda absolutely losing her marbles at Heather about "who walked in first to the restaurant."  Or Ramona, apparently in this episode, picking a fight over Heather not featuring Ramona's necklaces equally to her Yummie jeans.

I also remember reading a gossip report during filming where Bethenny was refusing to film certain scenes (we saw that with Kristen at the restaurant), and we also read several reports of Bethenny telling people on set, "If I don't like you, you're getting cut, don't cross me."

I am picking up that dynamic in subtle ways on screen - there's a sense of Bethenny dictating to the group How Things Will Be, like telling Heather she can't talk about her to Carole (but breaking that rule herself by immediately gossiping about Heather to Ramona/Sonja), or telling Kristen "if you want to be my friend, you can't talk about me to the press" even though Bethenny talks about ALL of them to the press BECAUSE OF HOW IT'S PART OF THEIR JOB.  I see Bethenny very clearly trying to take charge of the dynamic of the group.  And I see the OG plus Dorinda jumping right on board that train with her.

It just makes me feel kind of gross, because I feel like none of this is about anything as much as it is about everyone wanting to secure a spot on the show, and deciding that the way to do that is to turn on Heather and to kiss Bethenny's rear end.

Literally, if you're Ramona on a surf board.

If I had one wish for this franchise, it would be for them to replace Andy.  I think his hold over the housewives has become toxic, his personal favoritism is driving way too much of each show's storyline, and it's become just way too inbred.  And if they're not going to replace Andy, I wish another production company/network would realize the opportunity - for a show about real women that is NOT dictated by the weird personal preferences of one messed up man -- and fill the void.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Love 8

One thing that would work wonders is just replacing Andy as host of the reunion shows. Wendy Williams would do a much better job (and she was excellent doing the reunion shows for A-List and A-List: Dallas).

• Love 2

Normally, when all the Housewives turn on another Housewife, I think "where there's smoke there's fire" - like with Lisa V. a few seasons ago on RHBH.  (Note - I'm not taking sides on that one, I'm just saying, there had to be something going on for all of them to be feeling a certain kind of way.)

So normally, if I saw all the HWs turning on Heather, I would think "smoke, fire."

And I do think that Heather attracts controversy over someone like Kristen or Carole, the same way a tall tree attracts lightning.  Heather is forceful and dynamic, and that's going to get a response. So I think it is easy to fight with her.

But in this case, what makes it feel somehow more icky, to me at least, is the Bethenny/Andy dynamic.  At this point the subtext, TO ME, is stronger than the text.  And the subtext is:  

1.  Ratings were failing.

2.  Bethenny was brought back to save the show and be the new alpha female.

3.  If you want to be on the show, you better be on Bethenny's team

4.  Bethenny doesn't like Heather.

Ergo... things like Luann turning on Heather (but not Carole) over naked man gate, or Dorinda absolutely losing her marbles at Heather about "who walked in first to the restaurant."  Or Ramona, apparently in this episode, picking a fight over Heather not featuring Ramona's necklaces equally to her Yummie jeans.

I also remember reading a gossip report during filming where Bethenny was refusing to film certain scenes (we saw that with Kristen at the restaurant), and we also read several reports of Bethenny telling people on set, "If I don't like you, you're getting cut, don't cross me."

I am picking up that dynamic in subtle ways on screen - there's a sense of Bethenny dictating to the group How Things Will Be, like telling Heather she can't talk about her to Carole (but breaking that rule herself by immediately gossiping about Heather to Ramona/Sonja), or telling Kristen "if you want to be my friend, you can't talk about me to the press" even though Bethenny talks about ALL of them to the press BECAUSE OF HOW IT'S PART OF THEIR JOB.  I see Bethenny very clearly trying to take charge of the dynamic of the group.  And I see the OG plus Dorinda jumping right on board that train with her.

It just makes me feel kind of gross, because I feel like none of this is about anything as much as it is about everyone wanting to secure a spot on the show, and deciding that the way to do that is to turn on Heather and to kiss Bethenny's rear end.

Literally, if you're Ramona on a surf board.

If I had one wish for this franchise, it would be for them to replace Andy.  I think his hold over the housewives has become toxic, his personal favoritism is driving way too much of each show's storyline, and it's become just way too inbred.  And if they're not going to replace Andy, I wish another production company/network would realize the opportunity - for a show about real women that is NOT dictated by the weird personal preferences of one messed up man -- and fill the void.

Just my opinion, of course.

I agree with all of this except for 1 thing.....I don't think it is "subtle" in any way. IMO, the writing on the wall was done in day glow neon orange, the size of a billboard! LOL When you give 1 HW 4 THs to another's 1 TH, you are yelling to the viewers that the 1 HW rules and the other barely exists. The NY HW show is, for all intents and purposes, the New Bethenny Ever After Show IMO. A show where Bethenny controls the narrative without having to show/share anything about her real/personal life.

• Love 9
(edited)

Except the first time she said it, the time she was drunk (in vino veritas), in her rambling she said: "Our people are good. Our people are pure." I think she was talking about their families, their mothers, where they grew up in the Berkshires...

I think it's this initial use of the word "pure" that now has me cringing each time she uses it.

I know that different meanings are sometimes applied to different words by different people and that language can be fluid but it seems a stretch, to me, to attempt to assume that Dorinda decided that pure means something other than:

Pure

Every source I checked (from the OED to the Urban dictionary) shows much the same definition.

Makes me really uncomfortable. And then some.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

One thing that would work wonders is just replacing Andy as host of the reunion shows. Wendy Williams would do a much better job (and she was excellent doing the reunion shows for A-List and A-List: Dallas).

Very true, but I think they'd have to pry that hosting job out of Andy's cold, dead hands.  He likes the spotlight way too much and will do anything to stay in it, despite the fact that he has no discernible talents.  Witness that clip of himself on Lip Sync Battle that he showed on WWHL last night.  Beyond embarrassing, but he was clearly proud of himself.  He loves the access to celebs, which he wouldn't have if he didn't keep thrusting himself into the limelight. 

And now I'm sorry I wrote "thrusting."  That clip was really icky.

• Love 8
(edited)

I responded to this since some people discussed Dorinda's pure comments in this thread yesterday and I wanted to reply to their posts....if it needs to be moved ill do it or a mod let me know.

My point was a woman who already said and did things publicly that could be interpreted as prejudiced on multiple occasions should choose her words less idiotically. Especially using a term and phrases associated with white supremacists and the Nazi regime.

I'm not saying she is prejudiced. I am saying she has made some dicey comments and behavior before and those statements were extremely fucking stupid and made me uncomfortable. I have never assumed a well dressed man in a restaurant passing my table was a coat check man since he was black or that a person in a wheel chair must automatically be homeless. However I'm a blond German woman and can't fathom saying "my people are pure. My background is pure." And then ranting about some superior set of values and traits. Since that's extremely fucking ignorant and weird and it sounds very BAD....just these are phrases no one ever needs to say.

I really liked her initially... but I think sometimes drinking and getting comfortable around people brings out truth and realness. And her nasty side and outlandish opinions are coming out.

About Andy hosting the reunion. Damnit he never asks the tough questions and he takes too much shit off the HWs. When Wendy hosted the reunions of other reality shows she'd actually ask who slept with who, said if someone seemed like they fronted or was full of shit, called people out for being rude or lying.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6

Holy Mother of Conspiracy Theories.

Bethenny hated Heather since the get go so she set up the tone for all the other HW to hate Heather too? LOL

The problem with that theory is that Bethenny and Heather didn't get along for the first half of the season while the other HW did. Bethenny despite some banter in T&C with Heather finally connected, even Luann made fun of Heather because Bethenny texted her, so when Bethenny got along with Heather that is when the other ones started to have problems with her, so much for following Bethenny's lead, these minions sure are weird.

Of course to even entertain the possibility that Heather has conflicts with every other HW because she is a buttinsky, arrogant, judgemental, meddlesome is out of the question I guess.

• Love 5

Wendy would be a good host doe the reunions..even Vivica A fox (except atlanta for her)..since she hosted the big rich Texas reunions..and was pretty objective and called out the women on their pettiness...anyone over Andy lol

• Love 2