Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Awfully Charitable

• Start Topic

Also, Dorinda really reacted badly to being described as "gangsta" by Heather. So glad that Carole used it again to Bethenny!

"We have a new gangster in town ... and she's blonde-haired and blue-eyed" was one of my favorite quotes from this season!

• Love 5
(edited)

Sonja's blogs apparently flip-flopped. The post today is about the "Uncool" episode and the post from YESTERDAY is about "Awfully Charitable".

Dorinda may be going after Heather needlessly, but she also goes out of her way in her blog to wish Jax a belated happy birthday. Little stuff like that goes a long way, I think.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sonja's blogs apparently flip-flopped. The post today is about the "Uncool" episode and the post from YESTERDAY is about "Awfully Charitable".

Dorinda may be going after Heather needlessly, but she also goes out of her way in her blog to wish Jax a belated happy birthday. Little stuff like that goes a long way, I think.

Thank you! I didn't realize she had submitted two of them. That makes more sense.

My favorite part from the one about this episode is this, which makes me doubt even more that Sonja actually has any experience fund raising, or handling any events at all:

"Kristen did a great job with her Denim and Diamonds party benefitting Smile Train. She had wine, so she was already has the basics down!

Ramona was rightfully upset that her product wasn’t sufficiently advertised at the Smile Train party. Heather had Yummie Tummie everywhere, so she should have made sure Ramona was represented. It’s not her first rodeo--she knows how it goes. But it’s not appropriate for Ramona to bring up the issue at the event with the hostess and other guests. Typical unfiltered Ramona. Bottom line: Every donation, whether $10 or millions, has to be acknowledged. Especially if you want your charity supported again by the same generous people. I have the Sonja In the City experience to know that!"

It's amazing to me that as someone who apparently handles events herself (yea, whatever), that she would see no problem with someone expecting formal recognition in the form of signage at the last minute, or without requesting it.  Even more amazing that she thought this was Heather's job. It just follows along with every one of Sonja's blogs this season, where Heather is pretty much to blame for everything. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

From Sonja's blog:

This fight between Heather, Luann, and Dorinda is about what exactly? That we shouldn’t curse? Who are any of these women to tell each other whether or not they can say the F–bomb, or get bombed, or do anything else for that matter?! One of the biggest problems this group of ladies needs to overcome is self-righteousness and the misconception that every argument has a winner and a loser. The fact that we could have had a beautiful elegant dinner that night and instead we ended up causing a scene means that we all lost. Friendship is not about telling others how to behave. Friends accept you the way you are. Yes I do not think that saying that F-bomb left and right is an inelegant way to present yourself, but I also don’t think that it’s my place to tell anyone else how to behave.

Who are 'these' women - Lu, Heather and Dorinda?  How did Heather get included?  That was Heather's point.

Who put Heather on safety patrol? She was going on and on about how she felt unsafe and violated when the guy wasn’t even in her room! He was in Bethenny’s old room which was connected to Heather’s room by the bathroom. The whole thing seemed silly to me.  But then she states:  She should have walked her gentleman out, like Luann did, or she should have put him on the matelasse outside.

Wait so she's saying that Ro should have walked her 'gentleman' (gotta love it) out but Heather was wrong and 'silly'.

If the ladies think bedazzling is hard, they should try designing an entire fashion collection!

Doesn't Heather do that?

I understand why Luann is upset with Carole and Heather. I was annoyed they barged into my room, too! They obviously weren’t going to catch me with a man since I was dating Dominik. Even though Ramona was supposed to be sharing a room with me, she still managed to get lucky! I for one am relieved that Bethenny left so Ramona had a spare room to explore her single side. Heather doesn’t understand the concept of doors or boundaries.

Heather doesn't understand the concept or doors or boundaries?  Hm.  Apparently neither does Ro.

Let’s not forget that she stormed into my house unannounced before we were supposed to go to Atlantic City demanding to speak with me while I was on the phone with my sister whose best friend had just passed away.

Let's not forget that you left your guests out in the rain and told them to lug their luggage to Starbucks.  

I foolishly let Heather into my life, and then she turned around and tried to make a fool out of me.

Sorry Sonja, you did that all by yourself.

• Love 9

And in Kristen's blog, she says the decorating party was TWO DAYS before the event. Take a walk, Ramona.

But I am going to quibble on Heather's "Bye-bye, Felicia". I have no problem with her using street or gay vernacular, but she didn't do it right in this particular instance.

"Bye, Felicia" comes from the movie "Friday", which came out ... 20 years ago? Ice Cube says it to his ex-girlfriend or something. And then this weird thing happened where drag queens and gay men kind of co-opted it within the last five years and it made a comeback (specifically in "Blurred Bynes", a spoof song/video by the now defunct DWV, consisting of Vicky Voxx and Willam and Detox of RuPaul's Drag Race fame). It still means the same thing -- I don't want you here, you're an idiot, go away -- Bye, Felicia. But it's not BYE-BYE.

• Love 5

Thank you! I didn't realize she had submitted two of them. That makes more sense.

My favorite part from the one about this episode is this, which makes me doubt even more that Sonja actually has any experience fund raising, or handling any events at all:

"Kristen did a great job with her Denim and Diamonds party benefitting Smile Train. She had wine, so she was already has the basics down!

Ramona was rightfully upset that her product wasn’t sufficiently advertised at the Smile Train party. Heather had Yummie Tummie everywhere, so she should have made sure Ramona was represented. It’s not her first rodeo--she knows how it goes. But it’s not appropriate for Ramona to bring up the issue at the event with the hostess and other guests. Typical unfiltered Ramona. Bottom line: Every donation, whether $10 or millions, has to be acknowledged. Especially if you want your charity supported again by the same generous people. I have the Sonja In the City experience to know that!"

It's amazing to me that as someone who apparently handles events herself (yea, whatever), that she would see no problem with someone expecting formal recognition in the form of signage at the last minute, or without requesting it.  Even more amazing that she thought this was Heather's job. It just follows along with every one of Sonja's blogs this season, where Heather is pretty much to blame for everything. 

I didn't see the second blog until you mentioned it.   It was Heather's job to make sure Ro was represented?  OMG.  Seriously?  Just when I thought, "How ridiculous can you get?" Sonja states:  The pants I made for Kristen’s party are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my designing capabilities.  Yeah, that's why they went for so much more money than everyone else.  Not....

• Love 7

I feel the need to apologize to the mods. Every single time I scroll on my IPad, I hit report post a ridiculous amount of times. Hopefully you need to fill in the comment box before it's taken seriously. Sorry mods.

• Love 1

Yes, whoever is writing her blogs now must not realize they are an episode behind. This started at the same time she hired this person to write her blogs. I've never seen such a huge contrast in writing styles as has been apparent in hers over the last 4weeks or so. Astonishing really. They use to be so rambling and confusing I was exhausted by the time I finished reading. Now it's pretty easy to get through. Still crazy, but easier to follow.

Maybe she's gotten her medication adjusted?  I can't figure her out.  It's possible someone has taken over writing her blogs.  But it's not possible that someone has taken over her body and voice these past couple eps.  She's been a voice of reason.  And funny.  And almost a pleasure to watch.

I don't often read the blogs so I'll take your word that it's astonishing how they've changed.  Her behavior has certainly taken an astonishing change for the better since the first half dozen episodes so I'm thinking she's either knocked off the sauce or finally got the medicine right.  Or maybe if she really is straightening out her financial mess she's just...better.  Combination of tweaked medicine and less stress.

• Love 3

I wondered about the "misunderstandings and clashes" too. She better back that shit up! Like dates, examples...that kind of shit!

Editing?

I think Dorinda must feel insecure in some way around Heather.  Why else would she target her in such a way?

But I doubt it, given how hard the editing monkeys have worked to show Heather in a bad light, I doubt it.

Honest question:  Why have all the HWs, except Carole had problems with Heather? (Although even Carole agreed that Heather needed a 'talking intervention'.) 

And now, even the editing monkeys are working hard to make her look bad.

Is everyone insecure or jealous of her?  Is there any possibility, at all, that cast and crew are aware of more than we are and the monkeys have actually given her a good edit but not showing us all that they're really subjected to? 

• Love 1
(edited)

From Sonja's blog:

This fight between Heather, Luann, and Dorinda is about what exactly? That we shouldn’t curse? Who are any of these women to tell each other whether or not they can say the F–bomb, or get bombed, or do anything else for that matter?! One of the biggest problems this group of ladies needs to overcome is self-righteousness and the misconception that every argument has a winner and a loser. The fact that we could have had a beautiful elegant dinner that night and instead we ended up causing a scene means that we all lost. Friendship is not about telling others how to behave. Friends accept you the way you are. Yes I do not think that saying that F-bomb left and right is an inelegant way to present yourself, but I also don’t think that it’s my place to tell anyone else how to behave.

Who are 'these' women - Lu, Heather and Dorinda?  How did Heather get included?  That was Heather's point.

Who put Heather on safety patrol? She was going on and on about how she felt unsafe and violated when the guy wasn’t even in her room! He was in Bethenny’s old room which was connected to Heather’s room by the bathroom. The whole thing seemed silly to me.  But then she states:  She should have walked her gentleman out, like Luann did, or she should have put him on the matelasse outside.

Wait so she's saying that Ro should have walked her 'gentleman' (gotta love it) out but Heather was wrong and 'silly'.

If the ladies think bedazzling is hard, they should try designing an entire fashion collection!

Doesn't Heather do that?

I understand why Luann is upset with Carole and Heather. I was annoyed they barged into my room, too! They obviously weren’t going to catch me with a man since I was dating Dominik. Even though Ramona was supposed to be sharing a room with me, she still managed to get lucky! I for one am relieved that Bethenny left so Ramona had a spare room to explore her single side. Heather doesn’t understand the concept of doors or boundaries.

Heather doesn't understand the concept or doors or boundaries?  Hm.  Apparently neither does Ro.

Let’s not forget that she stormed into my house unannounced before we were supposed to go to Atlantic City demanding to speak with me while I was on the phone with my sister whose best friend had just passed away.

Let's not forget that you left your guests out in the rain and told them to lug their luggage to Starbucks.  

I foolishly let Heather into my life, and then she turned around and tried to make a fool out of me.

Sorry Sonja, you did that all by yourself.

Well Heather was included because she was in the fray.   She was #hastagging away at Dorinda.   What Sonja said that to me was perfect is every argument does not have a winner or a loser.  It sounds like Sonja has been reading the mods warnings from Previously TV.   She went on to say, Friendship is not about telling others how to be behave.  This is the essence of these ladies troubles in Turks and Caicos.  For this I give Sonja brownie points because she was out of the fray for most of the trip.

Regarding the waiting for the limo debacle -Sonja recognized her limitations,  She was not able to entertain and make very important arrangements regarding care for her daughter.  Remember last year if you missed events, you were taken out of the credits and I do believe they are still getting paid in short cycles so  missing  the trip could hurt Sonja financially.   The whole lot of them were given the vestibule to wait-it may have not been toasty warm or had beverage service but it was out of the rain.  If they wanted coffee or tea then there was a Starbucks -why the need to haul their luggage to Starbucks instead of leaving it in the vestibule is beyond me.  Clearly, Sonja feels burned by Heather and regardless of how others feel about Heather it is Sonja's house and she was not prepared to open it up and have Heather and her mouth add another level of stress.  Heather in the limo was excessive-regardless of how angry one may be-unnecessary way to start a trip and it certainly did nothing to endear Heather to Bethenny.

What I took away from this blog is essentially many of the RH feel Heather is overbearing and aggressive.  It doesn't necessarily mean she is a bad person but she comes on very strong and after demoralizing Sonja and the two of them agreeing to go their separate ways, Heather expressed being excluded and miffed when Sonja connected with Bethenny.  Sonja has every right to feel the way she does and we know Heather and Carole have very little good to say about Sonja.  However, after being essentially ostracized by a portion the group because of her misplaced concern, if one champions Heather or her sanctimonious behavior to a very large group Heather offered up one of the nicest apologies I have ever witnessed in RH history to Sonja. I think that is why Sonja didn't take sides in T&C after Bethenny left.

What Sonja has let these women know in no uncertain terms is they are not the only game in town.  I do believe her when she says her other cliques (and she does use that term) do not judge, argue or bicker the way these women do.  If we are keeping tabs-I think Sonja is a given for a return next year.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

This show is not designed for the participation of a castmate with a sense of NORMALCY and INTEGRITY so, Heather please leave as soon as possible. I can then enjoy the "menagerie of fools" in all their glorious churlishness, idiocy, narcissism, and imperceptiveness.

• Love 3

Editing?

Honest question:  Why have all the HWs, except Carole had problems with Heather? (Although even Carole agreed that Heather needed a 'talking intervention'.) 

Is everyone insecure or jealous of her?  Is there any possibility, at all, that cast and crew are aware of more than we are and the monkeys have actually given her a good edit but not showing us all that they're really subjected to? 

I think that's a good question, but I also think that all of the HW's for the most part will have at least some issue with most of the others at some point. Certainly in her first 3 years Beth had an issue with everyone, Ramona absolutely has had an issue with each one in the cast.  All personalities are different so it won't hold with everyone (I don't see Kristen ever being a person who has a lot of issues with lots of people), but for the most part I think it is true.

I think there is also a difference in someone having an issue with Heather, and in Heather having an issue with someone else. Ramona thought Heather talked a lot, but said she didn't have any issues with her to the point where she was shocked to not be invited to London. She didn't see why in the world Heather wouldn't want her there. Heather had the issue with Ramona, not the other way around. Same with Sonja in the first season. She thought she was getting along fine with Heather and never did understand why Heather got so irritated by her. Heather also had the issue with Aviva before Aviva had any issue with Heather. Clearly, all of the interactions that came after flow from the way they started. Ramona and Heather will always have a tension between them because of how things started out. Same with Sonja. The fact that Heather called her out as a fraud will forever taint their relationship. The deal with Kristen is the reason that I hope Heather leaves after this season. They had a fight. It wasn't pretty. It was far from Heather's finest moment, but Kristen was at fault as well. They moved past it very quickly and seem to be closer than ever, but that will always be tally in the "problem" column for Heather. Eventually, if Heather and Carole remain on the show, chances are that they will have a disagreement. It might not be pretty. One or the other might say something hurtful. After that it will always be the case that they had an issue, no matter how well they are able to move past it. I would hate to see that happen. 

• Love 7

Editing?

There's lots of conflict, much of it petty. Is Dorinda losing it at the restaurant Heather's fault? Heather wasn't the only one entering the restaurant before Dorinda, just the only one blamed. Heather wasn't the only one left outside Sonja's house on a cold, wet day, she's just the only one blamed by Sonja's new blog-writing intern weeks after the ep aired. (At the time even Dorinda thought Sonja had behaved badly, but I guess Dorinda's backed that shit up by now.) Heather wasn't the only one upset at Naked Man Gate, she's just the one toy one blamed. Heather wasn't the one screaming at Sonja to shut the fuck up.

And we have no idea of what other conflict sans Heather we've missed, although obviously there's been a lot of Luann-Carole friction, Ramona's never had a good thing to say about Kristen, Dorinda picked a stupid fight with Kristen, and everyone's done a lot of talking about Sonja's drinking.

• Love 9

I think there is also a difference in someone having an issue with Heather, and in Heather having an issue with someone else.

I see your point but Heather remains the common denominator.  I can't remember when 2/3 of the HWs have had issues with or been an issue with one HW like it happens with Heather.  I just feel like where there's smoke there's fire.

Whether she's got issues with them, or they with her, she's always in there somehow.  And they all have their turn but I guess what I'm trying to say is that she seems to be the one who has turned off the greatest number of her castmates at the same time. 

• Love 1

There's lots of conflict, much of it petty. Is Dorinda losing it at the restaurant Heather's fault? Heather wasn't the only one entering the restaurant before Dorinda, just the only one blamed. Heather wasn't the only one left outside Sonja's house on a cold, wet day, she's just the only one blamed by Sonja's new blog-writing intern weeks after the ep aired. (At the time even Dorinda thought Sonja had behaved badly, but I guess Dorinda's backed that shit up by now.) Heather wasn't the only one upset at Naked Man Gate, she's just the one toy one blamed. Heather wasn't the one screaming at Sonja to shut the fuck up.

And we have no idea of what other conflict sans Heather we've missed, although obviously there's been a lot of Luann-Carole friction, Ramona's never had a good thing to say about Kristen, Dorinda picked a stupid fight with Kristen, and everyone's done a lot of talking about Sonja's drinking.

No.  Dorinda totally started that.  That we know of, but like you said, it could be editing.

My question remains, though.  Why does it seem like it's always Heather?  Why are they always calling out Heather and not the others?  Why do many of us only call out Heather and when the others should be called out as well?  

I can only answer for me:  I think they're all putzes but I dislike Heather the most.  Well, maybe Ramona.  But I think Ramona is a dum dum whereas I think Heather is smart and should protect her image better.  And that doesn't mean I think she should bend over and let the others let her have it.  As much as I dislike her, I think much of her behavior, even when the others have been idiots first, is beneath her.  I don't feel the same way about Ramona - nothing is beneath her because that woman is just low.

That said, I'd rather see Ramona go than Heather.  Go figure.

I might not be explaining myself well.  All I know is that my dislike for Heather is...instinctive, for lack of a better word.  I feel very much the same way about Lisa Rinna.  And Brandi. {{Ducks and runs.}} 

• Love 1

I see your point but Heather remains the common denominator.  I can't remember when 2/3 of the HWs have had issues with or been an issue with one HW like it happens with Heather.  I just feel like where there's smoke there's fire.

Whether she's got issues with them, or they with her, she's always in there somehow.  And they all have their turn but I guess what I'm trying to say is that she seems to be the one who has turned off the greatest number of her castmates at the same time. 

That wasn't the case last year, the difference this year is 2 fold IMO. 1, the addition/return of Bethenny. A very close personal friend of Andy's and he is still in control of the HW shows for all intent and purpose. That is a big challenge for all of these women, who do they team with? Bethenny, who has the boss's ear or Heather, who Bethenny doesn't like? Simple logic says that if they want to keep their apple....go with Bethenny. 2, the mere fact that there are 8 HWs this season, clearly 2 too many so what is someone desperate to keep their apple to do? Go the safest route......Bethenny, again, she a personal favorite of the Boss. Once again, simple logic tells these HW to stick with THE chose HW.

IMO, their "issues" are fake and for the show only because they are desperate to keep their apples. They could care less if they hurt anyone as long as they keep their jobs. I do think Heather is done after this season, by her own choosing, and I think Kristen is a gone because she has little impact to/on the show and I am not sure that Carole will be back either, her own choice as well. That leaves Bethenny, LuAnn, Sonja and Ramona to return, all of them desperate to keep their Bravo jobs, including Bethenny. I see Bethenny going in on either Ramona or LuAnn next season with a vengeance.  JMO

• Love 5

Nobody has been a bigger bitch to Sonja this season than Beth. She ragged Sonja in the limo on the way to AC, at dinner in AC, and at the club in AC. Then, again on the first night in T&C, and on the beach the next day. (And, I don't believe that scene at the SG meeting was anything more than a way to feed Beth's ego and embarrass Sonja in the process.)

So, where's Sonja's ire for Beth? All I can figure is there was bonus pay for taking Beth's shit and shutting up about it. Or, it was Heather's fault.

BTW, did Dorinda ever comment about being mocked by Beth in a TH?

• Love 5

That is a big challenge for all of these women, who do they team with? Bethenny, who has the boss's ear or Heather, who Bethenny doesn't like?

So why not Kristen?  If Bravo or Andy wanted to just pick someone that Beth didn't like to give a bad edit to, why not Kristen?  She's less valuable because she's a doormat, than Heather is.  Heather could make a storyline.  Kristen struggles for one.  I think we agree on that.  For many of us, Kristen is expendable - and certainly more expendable than Heather is.  Unless, I contend, that IRL Heather is unliked more roundly than Kristen by the cast and crew.

I think Carole will be back because I think she needs the money and her boyfriend is digging the exposure.

A fun factoid:  When we first met Adam, he had 4,912 followers on Instagram.  Now he has 12,500!

• Love 2

So why not Kristen?  If Bravo or Andy wanted to just pick someone that Beth didn't like to give a bad edit to, why not Kristen?  She's less valuable because she's a doormat, than Heather is.  Heather could make a storyline.  Kristen struggles for one.  I think we agree on that.  For many of us, Kristen is expendable - and certainly more expendable than Heather is.  Unless, I contend, that IRL Heather is unliked more roundly than Kristen by the cast and crew.

I think Carole will be back because I think she needs the money and her boyfriend is digging the exposure.

A fun factoid:  When we first met Adam, he had 4,912 followers on Instagram.  Now he has 12,500!

I think it is about putting Bethenny on top and IMO, Behenny does not like Heather and wants her gone, Kristen is no threat to Bethenny but Heather is. I think Andy will do any and all to make Bethenny happy and keep her on this show. Just look at the TH ratio for the first half of the season, we really only heard Bethenny's side, not Heather's side and that IS putting the emphasis on Bethenny opinion/view while discounting Heather.

• Love 4

Nobody has been a bigger bitch to Sonja this season than Beth. She ragged Sonja in the limo on the way to AC, at dinner in AC, and at the club in AC. Then, again on the first night in T&C, and on the beach the next day. (And, I don't believe that scene at the SG meeting was anything more than a way to feed Beth's ego and embarrass Sonja in the process.)

So, where's Sonja's ire for Beth? All I can figure is there was bonus pay for taking Beth's shit and shutting up about it. Or, it was Heather's fault.

BTW, did Dorinda ever comment about being mocked by Beth in a TH?

I agree with you on Beth.

Dorinda did comment on Beth's imitation of her in a TH when she was on WWHL.  She thought it was funny.  Well, of course she did.  It was Beth so it was ok.  Now if Heather did the same spot on spoof, OMG, back that shit up......

• Love 5

Speaking for the masses?

I don't think Kristen is a doormat or expandable.

• Love 2

Speaking for the masses?

I don't think Kristen is a doormat or expandable.

I like Kristen. I picked her as my example because she's the one that Bethenny seems to dislike most.

I do think she's been a doormat because she's been walked on and over by several. She's even said herself that she often feels put to the side. As far as speaking for the masses, I guess I was. It seems the consensus here is that Kristen is boring, (fwiw, I don't think so) has no storyline and is free to go at any time. If someone were to say that Dorinda is a mean lush and shouldn't be re-signed, or that Sonja is delusional so 'bye Felicia (ugh, getting overworked LOL) is that also speaking for the masses? I see similar statements all the time. I don't think it's speaking for the masses as much as it is stating an opinion that is shared by many.

Rereading my post that you quoted, I do wish I would have worded the part about Kristen being less valuable than Heather better. Like I said, I like Kristen for the most part. Heather, not at all. But I think Bravo views Heather as a more valuable player than Kristen in the Bethenny game. Assuming there *is* one.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like Kristen and I really liked her in this episode.  Loved all her outfits, especially pairing the jeans with the gown.  Absolutely loved her facial expressions during the bedazzling, especially calling out Ramona about how this was all (partly) her fault.  I especially appreciated that her dedication to this charity seemed very genuine, not just a show for the cameras.

I know it was extremely rude and tacky, but I laughed out loud at Ramona putting food back into the little denim serving dishes.  This bitch just dgaf about anything, she's in her own little Ramona world and since I don't have to deal with her personally I enjoy watching it.  Love that even Sonja was like umm, I don't think you're supposed to put food back in there.

I really liked the little side scene with Jax's birthday dinner.  I actually wished they would show more of these types of "real" encounters.  I love the drama, but sometimes all the fake set ups and events grow tiresome and these little breaks even the show out a bit.

Still not feeling Dorinda and her hair is still always a mess.  She apologizes to Heather and then she doesn't like how Heather accepts the apology?  Bye Bye Felicia indeed.

Normally Carole really annoys me for some reason but I found her likable in this episode.  I think her relationship with Adam is sweet.  He's adorable.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6

Me neither and god willing, I never will! The day I purchase anything shilled by these women--be it a book or a bottle of wine--is the day I want to be put out of my misery.

I actually like the original SK Marguerita. It's a quick cocktail for those times when you don't feel like pulling out different mixes and mixing and only want "a little something". Now, though, there are a number of such premixed drinks on the market. SK, not bad IMHO.