Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Awfully Charitable

• Start Topic

Why would anyone be upset by that though, even if not reciprocated? It's a compliment. I just don't see that at all - I didn't see it on the show and the inference doesn't make any sense.

• Love 20

And they're painted Skinnygirl red.

When I heard that, I wondered if perhaps, Bethenny had been kinder to Kristen, she could have named one of her nail polish colors Skinnygirl Red...but, I don't think that's happening any time soon!

• Love 8
(edited)

Well, I actually liked an episode that wasn't totally Ro, Lu, Beth and Sonja centric.  I was actually able to tolerate Dorinda at the airport and psychic reading.  The airport was the best because we got a glimpse into Carole's life - one that truly  was interesting given the history of the Kennedys' and Bouviers'.   It's too bad we didn't have more of these episodes that don't involve man hunting and partying during the season. 

Regarding another therapy session for Beth, I really like Kris's comment in her blog:

Bethenny and her therapy all just feels a bit déjà vu and played out. I really do think that the therapist seems really good for her. I like how he calls her out.

Oh please Ro, give me a break with the I should have been mentioned as well. 

And really, what was wrong with Heather's acceptance of Dorinda's apology.  Dorinda says to forgive her.  Heather says I forgive you.  What the heck does this woman want?

(edited to correct my complete misspelling of psychic)

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 14
(edited)

According to what Ramona said at the charity event, she gave 4 necklaces that cost $80 bucks each, a total of $320.  According to Kristen, she donated them 2 days before the event!

Can you still even buy Ramona's jewelry?  I know her line was on QVC or HSN or something a few years ago.  Maybe these chains were just left over stock that even Ramona wasn't able to sell to the discount retail stores.

I guess Ramona drank all her Ramona pinot grigio, so she couldn't donate that!!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

Dag ... Bravo must have decided that LuAnn's "don't be uncool" moment didn't go over so well with the viewers after the fact, because she was totally excluded from this episode, other than the mortifying pirate flashback.

• Love 10

I was bored for most of it. The psychic reading was such bullshit!

I found the Dorinda/Carole scene interesting (Dorinda and her London history and Carole's sad past). I liked them talking and relating to each other.

• Love 6

Dag ... Bravo must have decided that LuAnn's "don't be uncool" moment didn't go over so well with the viewers after the fact, because she was totally excluded from this episode, other than the mortifying pirate flashback.

These episodes are cut, edited and sound mixed weeks before they make it to air. Early copies of the episodes are made available to and distributed to NBC affiliates as well as media outlets for promotion. I don't think there was any calculated last minute decision to give LuAnn any less air time in this episode. She was less heavily featured due to Carole's impending trip to London. That's what happens when you have eight Howives to juggle.

Why would anyone be upset by that though, even if not reciprocated? It's a compliment. I just don't see that at all - I didn't see it on the show and the inference doesn't make any sense.

Anyone? Well, people are unique in the way they react to things, just as they interpret things in different ways (case in point). I don't think there's as much of an underlying friendship between Heather and Kristin as Kristin seems to believe.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have raised my opinion of Dorinda since watching her on Watch What Happens Live. Even though I have liked Dorinda from the start, I like her even more now. She was a guest along with Shannon Beador on Andy Cohen's live show. I almost didn't recognize her. She was glammed up with full makeup, eyelashes and all and a stunning white jumpsuit that showed her amazing cleavage. A live caller remarked to her about how great her breasts looked. But the thing that really convinced me of why I like Dorinda was a remark she made at the very end of tonight's episode when they show the upcoming episode for next week. She was talking about taking care of her husband when he was ill and dying. She said 'It was never a burden, it was an honor".  I thought to myself, that right there shows what true love is about

. watch-what-happens-live-season-12-galler

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 11

I sort of feel compelled to reply when I'm quoted, but perhaps I shouldn't take the sarcastic bait every time.

I'm not commented on the veracity of Heather's tears, just the smile. In my estimation Heather was a little ticked that Kristin referred to her as "her bestie." I watched that particular scene more than once myself and I still come away with that estimation.

I didn't see this at all in Heather's reaction.  But you also have to consider that this may have not have been Heather's reaction at all.  The editors love to put in clips that have nothing to do with how another housewife reacts to something.  The best example was Dorinda's birthday party where there were all these clips of Heather 'reacting' but she's in a different seat at the table each time.  If a viewer was paying attention, you'd think Heather was jumping and running all around the table. 

• Love 14

I don't see Ramona's point at all. She donates about $320 worth jewelry, 2 days before the event, according to her, Heather donates, at a minimum, around $10K and Ramona wants the same recognition as Heather and she blames Heather for not putting her name on the sign when it was not Heathers event. The event was thrown by the charity and Kristen, not Heather. LOL

I stand corrected, then. I did not know that. I thought they just brought stuff to the craft party. Perhaps Ramona thought that too. Goodness, now I'm comparing myself to her!

• Love 3

I didn't see this at all in Heather's reaction.  But you also have to consider that this may have not have been Heather's reaction at all.  The editors love to put in clips that have nothing to do with how another housewife reacts to something. 

That is true. I don't always notice reaction shots that are retroactively chronologically juxtaposed.

I'm not saying Heather made a huge stink face. I just don't think she liked being called Kristin's bestie. If the editing monkeys didn't screw with the footage, there was a quick flash of disapproval on her face.

• Love 1

Kristin looked so beautiful at the SmileTrain event. Loved her hair.

Adam is very, very sexy.

Ramona is so ridiculously demanding, but never thinks that she should reciprocate even in the slightest in her consideration of others.

TrueFaith jewelry is ugly and cheap-looking. Are Ramona and Mario still working on it together? And I agree that it looks as bad as the jewelry at Claire's.

Lu was not wearing a necklace!

I hate that top Dorinda wears with the sequin serpent draped around the neckline.

But I think it's kind of cool that she has worn that red plaid sleeveless dress at least three times on camera.

• Love 7

I sort of feel compelled to reply when I'm quoted, but perhaps I shouldn't take the sarcastic bait every time.

I'm not commented on the veracity of Heather's tears, just the smile. In my estimation Heather was a little ticked that Kristin referred to her as "her bestie." I watched that particular scene more than once myself and I still come away with that estimation.

I was sarcastic, and I apologize for that. It's one of my worst traits and I could have made my point in a more polite way.

• Love 12

Can you still even buy Ramona's jewelry?  I know her line was on QVC or HSN or something a few years ago.  Maybe these chains were just left over stock that even Ramona wasn't able to sell to the discount retail stores.

I guess Ramona drank all her Ramona pinot grigio, so she couldn't donate that!!

It was on HSN but is no longer sold on it or any other shopping network that I know of. It was cheap jewelry that cost pennies to make to begin with! LOL

I stand corrected, then. I did not know that. I thought they just brought stuff to the craft party. Perhaps Ramona thought that too. Goodness, now I'm comparing myself to her!

No, Heather really did Kristen proud in what all she donated. There was no way that Ramona did not know this, as you walked into the event there was a "store" full of YT Jeans for sale, 100's of YT jeans donated with all the money going to the charity, not just a % or a portion but 100%, plus Heather had her employees helping "donators" buy the jeans. If they sold only 100 jeans, that meant Heather donated at the very least around 10K!

• Love 16

I was bored for most of it. The psychic reading was such bullshit! I found the Dorinda/Carole scene interesting (Dorinda and her London history and Carole's sad past). I liked them talking and relating to each other.

The psychic was unsettling to me. I hope that all that was just fed to her in advance, otherwise it's even more creepy. The details about Carole are pretty much common knowledge with a little bit of research. The same with Jax. Both the ear surgery and the doctor have been seen on a previous episode. BUT, the thing about the balloon and Dorinda's dead husband was something that only Dorinda would know about. All three of the women were visibly shaken by what this woman had to say.

I was sarcastic, and I apologize for that. It's one of my worst traits and I could have made my point in a more polite way.

Don't feel too badly for being sarcastic because we all are to a point, that's why we're here. A 'snotty remark' is what we love to do to the obnoxious people that are making tons of money in 'unreality-reality' shows that we like to watch. Okay, here's the sarcasm to beat all for the day. Although I find Heather barely tolerable, I like her once in a while. But she's just about the ugliest woman I've every seen. I don't mean on TV, I mean anywhere in my life. I tried hard to find something good about her face, I can't. She's just plain butt-ugly. There, I said it. Now can I have the sarcastic and snarky award for today, please?

• Love 4

Apology accepted. I'm quite sarcastic myself but the way this forum has been so polarized around Heather as of late, feelings and sensitives seem to be heightened. 

The psychic was unsettling to me. I hope that all that was just fed to her in advance, otherwise it's even more creepy. The details about Carole are pretty much common knowledge with a little bit of research. The same with Jax. Both the ear surgery and the doctor have been seen on a previous episode. BUT, the thing about the balloon and Dorinda's dead husband was something that only Dorinda would know about. All three of the women were visibly shaken by what this woman had to say.

Although the balloon incident was unbeknownst to us until now, I'm certain Dorinda shared that story with a line producer or someone else at Bravo. When they learned she still had footage of the incident, it was a no brainer to feed that story to the psychic and have Dorinda release the video to editing.

• Love 10

From Beth's blog:

Ramona was vintage Singer. She donates eight necklaces but wants to hog the press for her brand. FYI, I donated product for the gift bags but declined the need to be on the step and repeat sign and asked for nothing in return. You need to pick your spots. Ramona chooses them all. Heather was on point.

Yep.

Beth continues:

As far as Dorinda's apology and Heather's acceptance, I understand Dorinda's point. Accept it and move on, unconditionally. Heather had a vibe that was still hanging on to the apology. It seemed the acceptance had strings.

How so?  Dorinda asks for forgiveness.  Heather's reply:  "I forgive you.  It's that easy."  End of scene.  Then we have Dorinda's TH about Heather being 'arrogant' when accepting an apology.  Hm......  What vibe?  What strings?

• Love 16

I enjoyed the Carole and Adam dinner, especially the "first fight" story Carole shared. Adam forgot to say good bye in the morning, bet he'll try not to repeat that mistake again. I've been married a long time and remember telling my husband the same thing during our first year of marriage. Once we had our first son...I told him don't wake me if I fall asleep after the 6:00 AM feeding, lol.

• Love 9

Kristin looked so beautiful at the SmileTrain event. Loved her hair.

Adam is very, very sexy.

Ramona is so ridiculously demanding, but never thinks that she should reciprocate even in the slightest in her consideration of others.

TrueFaith jewelry is ugly and cheap-looking. Are Ramona and Mario still working on it together? And I agree that it looks as bad as the jewelry at Claire's.

Lu was not wearing a necklace!

I hate that top Dorinda wears with the sequin serpent draped around the neckline.

But I think it's kind of cool that she has worn that red plaid sleeveless dress at least three times on camera.

I know right.

I never really thought about him being hot or good looking, till this episode. You go Carole. Very hot.

Ramona is beyond ridiculous! As is Dorinda, Heather accepted your apology that's all, calm the hell down.

Geez, Bravo, finally Heather, Kristen packages. So freakin absolutely crazy that we watched a whole season of nothing of these 2 women. Now all of a sudden boom, real life family stuff that does not involve fighting and bickering about dumb stuff.

• Love 21
(edited)

I loved Jax' birthday, Carole and Adam shopping (which completely surprised me because up until now I'd been thinking of him as the fetus, they have a really comfortable lived chemistry), and Carole's dinner party. This is what actual friendship and relationships look like Bravo.

Ramona is an oblivious self absorbed toddler. It's funny because the previouslies showed Ramona stating that her True Faith jewelry were going to be free add ons. Additionally, if she wanted recognition she could have talked to Kristen beforehand rather than bitch to Heather during the event.

I find that I like Dorinda less and less after each episode. Now she's judging the sincerity of Heather's acceptance of her apology. Even if this woman stays, I'm probably out after this season. She really is pretty awful.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18
(edited)

Although the balloon incident was unbeknownst to us until now, I'm certain Dorinda shared that story with a line producer or someone else at Bravo. When they learned she still had footage of the incident, it was a no brainer to feed that story to the psychic and have Dorinda release the video to editing.

When Dorinda told the world that she still had video of the traveling balloon on her iPhone, I nearly fell off my chair. Does anyone else remember when Bethenny first met Dorinda and commented on her "ancient cell phone?" That was not an iPhone. Either that dinner conversation was total BS or there is no video on the iPhone that Dorinda did not have five years ago when Richard died.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11

Geez, Bravo, finally Heather, Kristen packages. So freakin absolutely crazy that we watched a whole season of nothing of these 2 women. Now all of a sudden boom, real life family stuff that does not involve fighting and bickering about dumb stuff.

I'm both surprised/unsurprised that Bravo Andy's instincts were so woefully off about Bethenny. She became a fan favorite in the early seasons largely on the strength of her ability to *comment* on the other HWs' antics, not when she was front and center in her own drama. If she DOES come back next season, they just need to plant her in the corner of an event and have her start reeling off one-liners and impersonations of drunk 'wives in the talking heads.

• Love 16
(edited)

I'm both surprised/unsurprised that Bravo Andy's instincts were so woefully off about Bethenny. She became a fan favorite in the early seasons largely on the strength of her ability to *comment* on the other HWs' antics, not when she was front and center in her own drama. If she DOES come back next season, they just need to plant her in the corner of an event and have her start reeling off one-liners and impersonations of drunk 'wives in the talking heads.

Maybe the footage with Dr. Amadour was testing the waters for yet another Bethenny spinoff? It's like what some network shows for with a back doors pilot. No need for any additional monetary expenditure on marketing or test groups when you can just gauge audience reaction on social media and the web.

I like Bethenny but her screen time with the shrink bores me.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

I always thought being referred to as someone's "bestie" was a good thing.  Has it turned into one of those opposite things where the meaning has turned into something bad?

• Love 11

When Dorinda told the world that she still had video of the traveling balloon on her iPhone, I nearly fell off my chair. Does anyone else remember when Bethenny first met Dorinda and commented on her "ancient cell phone?" That was not an iPhone. Either that dinner conversation was total BS or there is no video on the iPhone that Dorinda did not have five years ago when Richard died.

You can have your data transferred from one phone to another.  At least I did when my phone from my job that I had been using was returned after I left and I got a phone of my own.  Every bit of data (movies, pictures, etc.) as well as my phone contacts were transferred to my new phone.  Dorinda could have done the same.

• Love 9
(edited)

Geez, Bravo, finally Heather, Kristen packages. So freakin absolutely crazy that we watched a whole season of nothing of these 2 women. Now all of a sudden boom, real life family stuff that does not involve fighting and bickering about dumb stuff. {imjagain}

Now that the negative "pile on" missile (by Andy/Bravo/castmates) has achieved its target-- terribly undermining,and, sadly, maniacally accusing Heather of all that is wrong in the universe-- of course, it's okay to highlight Heather because the dirty deeds and narrative are an unfair "fait accompli".

☆☆Sorry, about the edit. Having technical difficulties with my tablet. The first paragraph is credited to 《imajagain》.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 11

This is what Kristen had to say about the charity event and Heather's donation vs. what Ramona provided in her blog. Ramona should be embarrassed that she said anything.

"Let me set the record straight! Heather and I had collaborated six weeks before the event to work out the details that her Yummie team had been in contact with Smiletrain about to set up the pop-up store and work out the logistics. Ramona--thanks so much by the way--of course came to the jean decorating party and brought some of her necklaces and said, "Here, maybe you can all use these to decorate the jeans." That was very nice of her, and I appreciated it. (Let's remember that this was two days before the event). Once again, Ramona is acting selfishly. Yummie donated hundreds of pairs of jeans, set up a boutique, and had staff to support the boutique. Ramona comes in, throws a few necklaces down on a table, and expects top billing?! I am so confused here. I would have been more than happy to have supported True Faith, but you can’t come in at the last minute and expect all of these demands at a charity event. Ohhh Ramona... for once, just sit back, and chill the F out!"

Reason #50 why Ramona should not be on the show.  This is perhaps the third or fourth time Ramona talked through someone's speech.  She is so incredibly rude.  I wonder if there was another "diamond" sponsor?  It would seem that there would be something on that side of the "Denim & Diamonds" and if so would be a huge slam if Ramona's crappy donation were to get some sort of equal billing.  Wire Wrap gave us the final tally for the sale of jeans which was over $2,000.00 or nine surgeries, which is great.  I have no idea what the total haul was but it was nice to see a charity event with a viable charity which is just not been the case since Heather's event a couple of years ago.  Ramona is just this ridiculously self entitled human being that is never held accountable except maybe by some scathing blogs after the fact.  The time to call Ramon out is when she deflects and claims she is not a morning person.  She started the huge pile of crap and now people who were once friends are now not speaking and everyone just shrugs their shoulders with an -oh that's Ramona moment.  I guess it makes for good drama but I am appalled.

• Love 20

Two shallow notes re tonight's show - at Jax's birthday, after Ella said she'd give Josh $20 for HIS birthday, she then morphed her cute little mouth into a kiddie version of Heather's toothy, shark grin - I'd always thought both of Heather's children resembled her hubby more than her, but that dentition must be a dominant gene!

I guess I'm a crazy, style-lacking old fool, but if Bethenny was so-o cold at her NYC therapist's office (& subsequent scenes showed a snowy city) why the hell was she wearing open-toed shoes & bare legs?  Another fashion victim, courtesy of Anna Wintour?  IMO, there must be some mighty pricey shoes reeking of foot odor since the elimination of hosiery from the modern woman's wardrobe.  I know I'm gonna get blackballed here, but I've hoped for a decade that this fad would end - it's always seemed unsanitary/declasse/unattractive to me.  Why don't men wear their dress shoes sans socks, I wonder??  Guess no woman's told'em how sexy (not) that is...

• Love 15

Then came the last 10 minutes of this ep -- with the widows talking about their experiences.  Man, I'm floored by how touching & beautiful that was.  Thank you, Carole.  I knew I wasn't nuts & there was a reason I liked you so much (once upon a time).  But it feels like a billion years ago -- way, way, way before Satan Andy forced you to take on these idiotic personas this season.  But in the last 10 minutes of this ep, you dropped being Carrie Bradshaw or Samantha Jones or Ariana Grande & you were yourself.  I wish you would only stay this way.  This is the Carole I really like & truly enjoy watching.

This 1000 times.  I actually enjoyed this episode and Carole (along with Dorinda)  was the biggest reason (much to my surprise because, like you, her Carrie Bradshaw act gets on my last nerve - it's so fake.) 

I think in reality she is a sensitive person and I am glad we finally got to see that side of her.  I also liked the dinner party with her, Heather and Kristen - they seem to genuinely like each other and were having real fun.

Interesting that Adam is reading her first book - am I right in remembering her saying she had not really talked about that part of her life with him?

I also enjoyed the little segment with Heather's son's birthday party.  But enough with the "psychics" Bravo.  Enough.

Changed the channel during Bethenny and her therapist. I have absolutely no interest in her sessions, so I can't comment.  I did like her apartment.

• Love 11

From Beth's blog:

Ramona was vintage Singer. She donates eight necklaces but wants to hog the press for her brand. FYI, I donated product for the gift bags but declined the need to be on the step and repeat sign and asked for nothing in return. You need to pick your spots. Ramona chooses them all. Heather was on point.

Yep.

Beth continues:

As far as Dorinda's apology and Heather's acceptance, I understand Dorinda's point. Accept it and move on, unconditionally. Heather had a vibe that was still hanging on to the apology. It seemed the acceptance had strings.

How so?  Dorinda asks for forgiveness.  Heather's reply:  "I forgive you.  It's that easy."  End of scene.  Then we have Dorinda's TH about Heather being 'arrogant' when accepting an apology.  Hm......  What vibe?  What strings?

i think dorinda is refering to the fact that heather started the whole thing, that heather is not innocent. she did storm around the villa. she did enter luann's room without an invitation. she might have knocked but it's customary to wait for the response, "come-in" before flinging the door open.

Two shallow notes re tonight's show - at Jax's birthday, after Ella said she'd give Josh $20 for HIS birthday, she then morphed her cute little mouth into a kiddie version of Heather's toothy, shark grin - I'd always thought both of Heather's children resembled her hubby more than her, but that dentition must be a dominant gene!

I guess I'm a crazy, style-lacking old fool, but if Bethenny was so-o cold at her NYC therapist's office (& subsequent scenes showed a snowy city) why the hell was she wearing open-toed shoes & bare legs?  Another fashion victim, courtesy of Anna Wintour?  IMO, there must be some mighty pricey shoes reeking of foot odor since the elimination of hosiery from the modern woman's wardrobe.  I know I'm gonna get blackballed here, but I've hoped for a decade that this fad would end - it's always seemed unsanitary/declasse/unattractive to me.  Why don't men wear their dress shoes sans socks, I wonder??  Guess no woman's told'em how sexy (not) that is...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad those days are over. :) My mother used to make me buy pantyhose (which would always snag because I'd get the sheer, skin tone pair from Essence or Ebony--one of those companies had hosiery).

I haven't worn pantyhose since high school (? Or maybe since the early years of college), and I'm still taken aback when I do see a woman--especially one younger than me--in pantyhose on the train. Monday here was unbearable. It was already 82 degrees when I left my house for work at 7:30. I cannot even imagine having hose on in this humid DC summer.

I will wear tights during the winter, though.

• Love 13

Reason # 1,487,296 I'm going to hell.... I watched the grocery store scene thinking "hmmm I wonder who whips out their debit card first at the checkout line."

When Amador asked about Bethennys social life we were totally cheated out of the goddamn truth. She planted a line about the housewives, which Bethenny my dear is NOT your social life it is your work. BS on her real ness she leaves out the boyfriend and comments like these women are her social life. Uh, no. How stupid does she think we are? Nice try for Bravo to add a scene to wrap up a war, and fuzzy edit with a big red bow.

• Love 16

i think dorinda is refering to the fact that heather started the whole thing, that heather is not innocent. she did storm around the villa. she did enter luann's room without an invitation. she might have knocked but it's customary to wait for the response, "come-in" before flinging the door open.

The what the fuck is Dorinda apologizing for?! Don't apologize if your only seeking a potential apology from someone else.

You apologized Doeinda and Heather forgave you. I for one appreciated the "you're forgiven" and not some "oh it's ok....blah blah, keep the ball rolling until their fighting again" comments.

• Love 19

Reason # 1,487,296 I'm going to hell.... I watched the grocery store scene thinking "hmmm I wonder who whips out their debit card first at the checkout line."

When Amador asked about Bethennys social life we were totally cheated out of the goddamn truth. She planted a line about the housewives, which Bethenny my dear is NOT your social life it is your work. BS on her real ness she leaves out the boyfriend and comments like these women are her social life. Uh, no. How stupid does she think we are? Nice try for Bravo to add a scene to wrap up a war, and fuzzy edit with a big red bow.

The one thing I did like about Bethenny's session with the doctor was when she described the housewives to him and explained that she, surprisingly, was having fun with them.  However, I did note that when Beth was going on about how crazy the HWs were when partying and what interesting (sad/funny) lives they all led, Beth left Kristen out.  I don't think it was intentional but I do think that's how most of us see that group.

• Love 5

I don't think that was at all what their conversation was about. It was about the other 2 events. The "Heather didn't wait to walk in with me" and "fuck-you" events. That was what Dorinda was apologizing for, because even she apparently realized when the Grey Goose fog wore off that she was indeed at fault. 

• Love 14

There are no words for Ramona. She is truly a piece of work in progress or something.

Kristen really looked very UES. Even the low hanging works. A character in "The Group" talks about that.

Odd windows in Bethenny's place. Is it in the basement?

Liked how Heather refused to entertain Ramona's crazy. And speaking of "bitch" edits, R has certainly reached new heights this year.

• Love 7

The Moaner has (or had) a clothing re-sale business where she bought up unsold lots or something and sold them to places like TJ Maxx.  So she must know prices.  Is she just stupid or throwing shade at Heather when she said "what do your jeans resale for  - $40 ? "  And Heather said - it depends on the style - $110 - $180 or something like that.  Moaner looked surprised and like a complete idiot but the scene may have been too quick to really feel the impact.     

• Love 14

The Moaner has (or had) a clothing re-sale business where she bought up unsold lots or something and sold them to places like TJ Maxx.  So she must know prices.  Is she just stupid or throwing shade at Heather when she said "what do your jeans resale for  - $40 ? "  And Heather said - it depends on the style - $110 - $180 or something like that.  Moaner looked surprised and like a complete idiot but the scene may have been too quick to really feel the impact.     

What was so funny to me was that she was talking about how they should all support one another and yet clearly she's not supporting Heather's clothing line, or she would have a general idea as to what her items retailed for. Where can you get a decent pair of jeans for $40? Don't Levi's cost more than that? I guess the pair that Ramona was wearing at the decorating deal must have been given to her by Heather, since she clearly didn't purchase them. 

• Love 15

What a godawful beyotch Ramona is!  (um, preaching to the choir here?)  Thank you Ramona for donating some necklaces, but the time to negotiate sponsorship signage is well BEFORE YOU SHOW UP AT THE EVENT!!!  How utterly stupid.  What did she expect Kristen to do, take a marker and write something below Yummie on all the signs?  How stupid.  Yeah, Heather can go too far at times, but I do love her ability to shut the shit down when appropriate.

If I was dating a published author, I would definitely want to read their work.  I started to get bored with Dorinda and Carole's airport convo but then realized how conditioned I was as a RH viewer to expect random inappropriate fighting at every turn.  I settled in to listen and was so touched by the vulnerable openness to discuss their painful losses.  Fresh Air!!!!

I, too, saw the Heather grin in her children for the first time at that birthday party.

P.S.  Anxiously awaiting receipt of my Yummie goodies from her recent HSN sale!

• Love 12
(edited)

I, too, saw the Heather grin in her children for the first time at that birthday party.

It was so cute. 

If only they knew now that they had a lifetime of people calling that grin "creepy" or "insincere", they would start working hard to change it now. 

This episode really highlighted how out of her depth Ramona is with someone like Heather (and certainly Beth) when it comes to business. She was so clueless of the work that it would have taken to put together something like that. Kristen said that Heather had a "team" helping to prepare the event and style a retail space for the jeans, and people there to work the event. I would assume that Ramona has nothing going on at this level, so she has no idea what is even involved. 

All the questions about her jewelry had me going to her website.  It looks a site that I would accidentally click on and quickly get out of.  

http://www.truefaithjewelry.com/fashion-jewelry.html

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 17

If she DOES come back next season, they just need to plant her in the corner of an event and have her start reeling off one-liners and impersonations of drunk 'wives in the talking heads.

YES to this!  That would be great!

Minor observation but Bethany's therapist looked liked he pulled his pants out of the lint trap.

Homoana strikes again with her ridiculousness.  Has anyone ever heard of True Faith or even purchased this jewelry?  I think she only had 1 show on QVC a long time ago and apparently did not go well as you never saw her again.

Not slut shaming but Homoana is so damn messy.  She needs to take a lesson (or 2) from Sonya.  Loved how Luann deflected her indiscretion to indignation on being walked in on

I like the airport scene.  I missed the birthday party though.

As for next week do I need to see another episode of the ladies squealing over men?

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think there's a much better way to accept an apology than the way Heather did. She simply said, "It's over." 

To me that means, "I accept your apology, all is forgiven, let's not talk about it, we're good."

Or does Dorinda speak a different language than I do?

Ottergirl: OMG, exactly! Thank you for capturing the TruEssence of Ramona:

It's like the little lizard part of her brain remembers "hey, I got attention when I did this before," and just does it again.
Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 20

Well, I actually liked an episode that wasn't totally Ro, Lu, Beth and Sonja centric.  I was actually able to tolerate Dorinda at the airport and psychic reading.  The airport was the best because we got a glimpse into Carole's life - one that truly  was interesting given the history of the Kennedys' and Bouviers'.   It's too bad we didn't have more of these episodes that don't involve man hunting and partying during the season. 

Regarding another therapy session for Beth, I really like Kris's comment in her blog:

Bethenny and her therapy all just feels a bit déjà vu and played out. I really do think that the therapist seems really good for her. I like how he calls her out.

And really, what was wrong with Heather's acceptance of Dorinda's apology.  Dorinda says to forgive her.  Heather says I forgive you.  What the heck does this woman want?

This is what's holding me back from liking Dorinda. And Bethenney. And LuAnn. 

Once again, Kristin knocks it out of the park with her style. She was positively stunning at her charity event. 

What ever happened to donating to charity simply for the cause? Why must your or your company's name be plastered everywhere for recognition? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of giving back to the community?  I guess Ramoner never heard of anonymous donors.  

• Love 14
LOL, Ramona claimed she gave 4 necklaces that each cost about $80 bucks, $320. total, and wants the same type of recognition as Heather who donated many $1,000's of dollars in Jeans and her employees time working the event! And she blamed Heather for it all! LOL

Agree that Ramona was being totally ridiculous about this.  They went to the denim party two days before to decorate the jeans. Ramona brought her necklaces to be the finding/decoration.  Then she wanted to use the charity function as her personal ebay auction?  LMAO Ramona!  Sonja used little pom poms on her jeans, so should her sign say "Authentic Michael's Store pom poms? "  Give me a break Ramona!  I loved how Heather was just like GTFO with that.  I really like heather - I honestly do not see what people find unlikable about her.  

I do not find Adam attractive, but I love that he is a chef!  I liked the dinner party, the shopping for it beforehand, and hearing about the dishes he made.

However, I did note that when Beth was going on about how crazy the HWs were when partying and what interesting (sad/funny) lives they all led, Beth left Kristen out.  I don't think it was intentional but I do think that's how most of us see that group.

I don't think she mentioned Luann either.  I interpreted that like she was just glossing over the group, not trying to name individuals specifically.

• Love 9
(edited)
BUT, the thing about the balloon and Dorinda's dead husband was something that only Dorinda would know about. All three of the women were visibly shaken by what this woman had to say.

There were other people there on that video, saying "hello" to the red balloon, who was "visiting" them. The psychic talked to the others at the party, or wherever the floating balloon was. Production must have done their research and interviewed the others Baloneys. I mean Balooneys. Nothing spooky about it. Any of it. It's all total BS. But very profitable, I'm sure. Call me! I'm a psychic! All major credit cards accepted; no personal checks, please.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3