Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Awfully Charitable

• Start Topic

I would rather watch Sonja and her nonsense, Luann swinging from the chandaliers and Ramona doing squats in hooker heels. Please bring back the crazy.

Sometimes i find Carole insufferable (mainly when she is with Heather) and sometimes she is relatable (away from Heather) , how is that possible?

• Love 5

I just don't get why Carole is perceived to be Heather's puppet. Is the concept of genuine friendship foreign to Ramona? If my best friend was the recipient of a non-sensical attack, I'd take up for her in a heartbeat. Heather was not responsible for any of the advertisements at the event. She donated thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, her time, and her staff so damn right she deserves to have Yummie Tummie plastered everywhere. Ramona has no business sense (or common sense). If she wanted posters advertising her janky jewelry line, she could have spoken to Kristen about it. It likely would have been too late since the promotional materials would have been approved and printed by that point, but she could have provided a poster of her own advertising her shit. Ugh. Ramona just gets on my nerves.

Kristen looked great at the event! I am glad it was a successful event.

I hope I can say this respectfully because I know some people believe in mediums and psychics, but I've done my fair share of research on psychics and a lot of them are experts at cold-reading. And Google. I know Carole and Dorinda still feel pain from their losses and if the 'psychic' is able to help them heal, then okay. I just don't like how certain psychics prey on people, particularly those who have lost loved ones.

• Love 13

I don't have a problem with Kristen or Heather...BUT being a watcher since season 1...I am starting to wonder if the Ramona coaster is being fueled by something other than Pinot..

I just cannot deal with her anymore..she is painful to watch.

• Love 11
(edited)

Loved Carole calling attention to Ramona when she accused her of being Heather's mouthpiece. Isn't is supposed to be Heather who protects and speaks for Carole? Ramona was all kind of confused. I so wished one of them would have just told her that is what real friendship looks like. You support, defend and protect each other. Funny with so many supposed friends, the concept is so incredibly foreign to Ramona. Instead of being a strength, it must be a weakness. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 19

Reason #50 why Ramona should not be on the show.  This is perhaps the third or fourth time Ramona talked through someone's speech.  She is so incredibly rude.  I wonder if there was another "diamond" sponsor?  It would seem that there would be something on that side of the "Denim & Diamonds" and if so would be a huge slam if Ramona's crappy donation were to get some sort of equal billing.  Wire Wrap gave us the final tally for the sale of jeans which was over $2,000.00 or nine surgeries, which is great.  I have no idea what the total haul was but it was nice to see a charity event with a viable charity which is just not been the case since Heather's event a couple of years ago.  Ramona is just this ridiculously self entitled human being that is never held accountable except maybe by some scathing blogs after the fact.  The time to call Ramon out is when she deflects and claims she is not a morning person.  She started the huge pile of crap and now people who were once friends are now not speaking and everyone just shrugs their shoulders with an -oh that's Ramona moment.  I guess it makes for good drama but I am appalled.

Heather donated 100's of YT jeans, not just the ones they decorated and they were "sold" at the charity event as well. I do wish they said how much was raised though.

• Love 12

I hate Ramona so much.  I truly could not hate her more.  The display at the charity was disgusting.  She has - fuck (motherfuck?), I need a thesaurus to find words beyond 'repellant, disgusting, despicable.'  She is so cheap, tacky, dishonest, such a user.  At an event where Heather straight-up donated high-value items and womanpower for something benefitting children with cleft palates who could not otherwise afford surgery, she contaminates hors d'oeuvres, tries to attack Heather because of her fit of pique, then Carole, just on and on and on.  She is fundamentally an intellectually empty, soul-free narcissist snatchy user. 

I am again thrilled that she's going to end up a miserable bundle of Adderall/whatever legal form of coke and fundamentally alone but for when her daughter visits.  Well-earned.  Well motherfucking earned. 

• Love 22

I just don't get why Carole is perceived to be Heather's puppet. Is the concept of genuine friendship foreign to Ramona? If my best friend was the recipient of a non-sensical attack, I'd take up for her in a heartbeat. Heather was not responsible for any of the advertisements at the event. She donated thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, her time, and her staff so damn right she deserves to have Yummie Tummie plastered everywhere. Ramona has no business sense (or common sense). If she wanted posters advertising her janky jewelry line, she could have spoken to Kristen about it. It likely would have been too late since the promotional materials would have been approved and printed by that point, but she could have provided a poster of her own advertising her shit. Ugh. Ramona just gets on my nerves.

It has been 7 damn seasons and to this day I still have no idea how Ramona is successful in business. I don't see how she can make one single dollar let alone hundreds of thousands if not millions with that personality. How is that possible?!?  Her people skills are non-existent, she is twitchy as hell, inappropriate and has poor impulse control. Bethenny characterizes her 100% correctly, she is a toddler in the body of a post menopausal woman. The only way it makes sense is if the people in the garment industry are just as messed up as she is, which is frightening.

I hate that top Dorinda wears with the sequin serpent draped around the neckline.

Me too. That top isn't doing her boobs any favors either and they are great boobs judging by her last WWHL appearance. However, I will say that in that particular TH, facially that is the best she has ever looked. Her hair and makeup are great there.

• Love 11

I know it's been said already, but just wanted to echo how gorgeous Kristin looked last night.  So elegant and graceful. 

And Adam is sexy as hell! And he seems so laid back and nice. You get it, Carole.

LOL, Ramona claimed she gave 4 necklaces that each cost about $80 bucks, $320. total, and wants the same type of recognition as Heather who donated many $1,000's of dollars in Jeans and her employees time working the event! And she blamed Heather for it all! LOL

Ahhh Moaner.  It's not very often you run across somebody who is both vapidly clueless and mean as a honey badger. She really is one of a kind (thank the lord...)

So Kristen can't wait to meet dead Anthony's ashes?  OK then.

Carole's chat with Dorinda made me wonder if anyone in this cast has read Carole's wonderful book.  Bet not.

Ha -oddly enough, the only one I know for SURE who did read it was Aviva.  She came at Carole like a "super fan" the first time they met and wouldn't stop talking about the book.  I feel pretty confident that Heather has read it by now, but as for the rest of 'em?  Hard to say. 

It really is such a lovely, sad book.  I completely forgot about the "emotional affair" part---I think I need to re-read it. 

i think dorinda is refering to the fact that heather started the whole thing, that heather is not innocent. she did storm around the villa. she did enter luann's room without an invitation. she might have knocked but it's customary to wait for the response, "come-in" before flinging the door open.

But Dorinda didn't really have anything to do with that fight? I thought she was apologizing more for the confrontation in front of the Fire&Ice restaurant and the "F" dinner, both of which Dorinda DID most certainly need to apologize.  HOnestly, Heather was more gracious about accepting her apology than I think *I* would have been. 

How is what you said sarcastic or snarky?  Its just plain mean.  Or are you "sarcastically" calling her 'butt-ugly'???

Yea, that.  Perhaps s/he is Canadian

• Love 4

I would rather watch Sonja and her nonsense, Luann swinging from the chandaliers and Ramona doing squats in hooker heels. Please bring back the crazy.

Sometimes i find Carole insufferable (mainly when she is with Heather) and sometimes she is relatable (away from Heather) , how is that possible?

I've noticed too, it's like Carole and Heather have a deal to defend each other absolutely. I really like Carole without Heather.

• Love 3

OMG, YES!  

Sonja can be very funny.  Her quick wit (and not being sloppy drunk) is why I could see men going for her.  Plus she's a handsome woman.

The Little House on the Prairie in me hearts you for this description.

Don't feel too badly for being sarcastic because we all are to a point, that's why we're here. A 'snotty remark' is what we love to do to the obnoxious people that are making tons of money in 'unreality-reality' shows that we like to watch. Okay, here's the sarcasm to beat all for the day. Although I find Heather barely tolerable, I like her once in a while. But she's just about the ugliest woman I've every seen. I don't mean on TV, I mean anywhere in my life. I tried hard to find something good about her face, I can't. She's just plain butt-ugly. There, I said it. Now can I have the sarcastic and snarky award for today, please?

Well.  Nobody said there'd be trophies.  When Dorinda and Carole were talking in the sky lounge and they showed pictures of Richard, my thought bubble read:  I thought he'd be more handsome.  Or handsome period.   Because of the way everybody who knew them as a couple now reacts to John, as though he's this shrek like thing that should never have even dreamt Dorinda was in his league, I really did think Richard was like Tom Selleck or something.   She's attracted to men who are beautiful on the inside and I dig that about her.   Shuttle to hell leaves in 51 minutes, please form an orderly line.

So Kristen can't wait to meet dead Anthony's ashes?  OK then.

Carole's chat with Dorinda made me wonder if anyone in this cast has read Carole's wonderful book.  Bet not.

I could use another good read Scoobs, what's it called?

Two shallow notes re tonight's show - at Jax's birthday, after Ella said she'd give Josh $20 for HIS birthday, she then morphed her cute little mouth into a kiddie version of Heather's toothy, shark grin - I'd always thought both of Heather's children resembled her hubby more than her, but that dentition must be a dominant gene!

I guess I'm a crazy, style-lacking old fool, but if Bethenny was so-o cold at her NYC therapist's office (& subsequent scenes showed a snowy city) why the hell was she wearing open-toed shoes & bare legs?  Another fashion victim, courtesy of Anna Wintour?  IMO, there must be some mighty pricey shoes reeking of foot odor since the elimination of hosiery from the modern woman's wardrobe.  I know I'm gonna get blackballed here, but I've hoped for a decade that this fad would end - it's always seemed unsanitary/declasse/unattractive to me.  Why don't men wear their dress shoes sans socks, I wonder??  Guess no woman's told'em how sexy (not) that is...

and

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad those days are over. :) My mother used to make me buy pantyhose (which would always snag because I'd get the sheer, skin tone pair from Essence or Ebony--one of those companies had hosiery).

I haven't worn pantyhose since high school (? Or maybe since the early years of college), and I'm still taken aback when I do see a woman--especially one younger than me--in pantyhose on the train. Monday here was unbearable. It was already 82 degrees when I left my house for work at 7:30. I cannot even imagine having hose on in this humid DC summer.

I will wear tights during the winter, though.

No tomato throwing from me but what is going on with your feet that they stink up your shoes if they're bare?  Lol!  Hose make it harder to walk in your heels, all that damn smooth silky sliding around in your shoe, eegads.  Most of the women I know go barelegged but wear undetectable peds as a skin barrier.  We escaped a heat "wave" per se, but this last week? 84-94 degrees and it's not even August yet, can you imagine all that trapped up in some non breathable mesh? Girl, no!  lol.  I don't know if NY is an anomaly this way but the women who are serious about fashion like that, aren't driven by season.  If the priority is to wear a label, they can't be.  Part of it is, if you can afford to dress like these girls in your everyday life, you're not getting on a bus or subway or exposed to the elements for any great lengths so the temperatures aren't really a factor in wardrobe choices. 

The what the fuck is Dorinda apologizing for?! Don't apologize if your only seeking a potential apology from someone else.

You apologized Doeinda and Heather forgave you. I for one appreciated the "you're forgiven" and not some "oh it's ok....blah blah, keep the ball rolling until their fighting again" comments.

I don't think there's a much better way to accept an apology than the way Heather did. She simply said, "It's over." 

To me that means, "I accept your apology, all is forgiven, let's not talk about it, we're good."

Or does Dorinda speak a different language than I do?

Ottergirl: OMG, exactly! Thank you for capturing the TruEssence of Ramona:

Ok, I got what she was saying here because I think Dorinda is stuck on the phrasing.   Dorinda didn't ask Heather's forgiveness, she apologized for her actions.  So *you're forgiven* sounds all queen putting a sword to each of your shoulders with "I pardon you"  than, it's all good girl, I accept your apology.    I see the semantic difference I'm just not sure it would've sent me into follow up pinball rant like that.

• Love 14

I just don't get why Carole is perceived to be Heather's puppet. Is the concept of genuine friendship foreign to Ramona? If my best friend was the recipient of a non-sensical attack, I'd take up for her in a heartbeat.

This is why I don't get the accusations about Heather being Carole's puppeteer (or is it that Carole is Heather's mouthpiece? It changes a lot so I get confused). Are friends supposed to act the way that Sonja and Ramona do? Yeah, they giggle and laugh and have a ton of fun with each other in loud gregarious ways, but in a heartbeat, the other will be snide (Ramona basically saying that Sonja lacks discretion when it comes to men; LuAnn's quip about Sonja not leaving her house for fear of repossession in her absence) or snarky (Sonja commenting that Ramona doesn't champion causes against domestic abuse but rather she performs it on the other women; Sonja making sure to have her turn with Tomas, the island pirate). It's like all the high pitched laughing hides the fact that they are snarky with each other. Or you can counter it with LuAnn and Ramona's frenemy situation where neither sticks up for the other.

That Carole and Heather are willing to have fun with each other AND stick up for the other (only to be called out on sticking up for each other) makes it seem like their version of female friendship is a problem. 

• Love 19

I now see why Skinny Girl is red. It's Bethenny's favorite color, obviously. Is Carol using Sonja's techniques of the black sharpie for her gloves? Ramona's rant reminded me of Jill Zarin at the season one charity. But I do see Ramona's point.

Ramona had no point. She brought a couple of necklaces to decorate the jeans the night before the party. Heather donated 100's of pairs of jeans. That would make her a sponser. Sponsor's get their name posted. Not crazy ladies.

• Love 16

Ok, I got what she was saying here because I think Dorinda is stuck on the phrasing.   Dorinda didn't ask Heather's forgiveness, she apologized for her actions.  So *you're forgiven* sounds all queen putting a sword to each of your shoulders with "I pardon you"  than, it's all good girl, I accept your apology.    I see the semantic difference I'm just not sure it would've sent me into follow up pinball rant like that.

I think you've nailed it!  I think Heather means well, and genuinely comes from a place of good and/or wanting to help, but her delivery sometimes comes off sounding condescending.  I think that's what Dorinda's issue with Heather is (I know it's one of mine).

• Love 12
(edited)

I could see Dorinda's point about Heather's acceptance of the apology, I think it's the response "I forgive you" as if she's the benevolent one. It would have been nice if Heather apologized as well for hurting Dorinda.

I enjoyed Carole and Dorinda in this episode and I'm looking forward to the trip to London. I will always have an affection for Carole after reading What Remains. I always saw her single, carefree girl in the city persona as an authentic part of herself and a result of dealing with tragic, unbearable grief and pain for so long.

Adam is hot, they make a nice couple IMO.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 7

Ramona had no point. She brought a couple of necklaces to decorate the jeans the night before the party. Heather donated 100's of pairs of jeans. That would make her a sponser. Sponsor's get their name posted. Not crazy ladies.

Someone please tweet this to Ramona!

• Love 5

The one thing I did like about Bethenny's session with the doctor was when she described the housewives to him and explained that she, surprisingly, was having fun with them.  However, I did note that when Beth was going on about how crazy the HWs were when partying and what interesting (sad/funny) lives they all led, Beth left Kristen out.  I don't think it was intentional but I do think that's how most of us see that group.

Perhaps the editing monkeys were up to their hijincks again, but I must admit I didn't notice Bethenny's omission of Kristin--even in an episode where she was the featured player hosting the event. That speaks volumes about what Kristin adds to the show.

What was so funny to me was that she was talking about how they should all support one another and yet clearly she's not supporting Heather's clothing line, or she would have a general idea as to what her items retailed for. Where can you get a decent pair of jeans for $40?

Century 21. :)

You definitely do get it, as did I. I think it was the word choice, as well as the power dynamic where Heather 'absolved' Dorinda that bugged the latter.

• Love 6

Oh boy...I can see I have a lot of catching up to do!  I've been on vacation for the last 12 days so I've missed quite a bit!  I did manage to catch last weeks' episode on repeat one morning in the hotel and all I can say is that Carole is right...The Countess is back!  For her to be so outraged at Heather and Carole is, IMO, ridiculous.  And Ramona is horrible.  I just have no words for her.  I usually like Ramona but I'm having a hard time with that right now.

• Love 4

Just a few comments --

I was really hard on Heather the first year she was on.  I like her now.  Would actually hate to see her go.  She needs to do what she needs to do and there is no doubt in my mind that the decision will be a family first one.  Jax, dear boy, here is to you hearing perfectly fine soon!  Also, she won't let Bravo do to her what they have done to the majority of HWs and make her look like an idiot.

The readings.  It truly seemed that all three women were really blindsided with what was said.  It's still reads typical Bravo bs but appears that the ladies had no clue what was going to be said.

Carole/Dorinda.  A true moment on a reality show.  Who knew!  I think that actually helped me.  Lol, again, who knew!  I took care of both my parents for almost 10 years and the loss of them both still affects me 10 years later.  Here I thought I was the only one that had trouble adjusting after illness.  You feel isolated and somehow like you failed when the inevitable happens.  And, getting started again isn't the easiest either. 

I wish Bravo would find a new formula for these shows.  They use the same one for every city over and over and over again.  Maybe if TPTB would collectively put their brain cell together they would realize that it's the honest moments, the fun moments that would make these shows better and not the 'talk to my face, not behind my back' moments or the created non-sensical fight moments. 

• Love 13

I will fully admit to being a denim snob, but I'm guessing you can get a pair of Yummie jeans at close to $40, I'm willing to bet they sell more at discount than full retail.

That said, Ramona was ridiculous. Is True Faith jewelry even still around? I figured she brought the necklaces because they were laying around from years ago.

• Love 4

I will fully admit to being a denim snob, but I'm guessing you can get a pair of Yummie jeans at close to $40, I'm willing to bet they sell more at discount than full retail.

That said, Ramona was ridiculous. Is True Faith jewelry even still around? I figured she brought the necklaces because they were laying around from years ago.

I'm sure you are going to find some closeouts or discontinued items at places like Marshall's, but Bloomingdales retails them for around $128.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I could see Dorinda's point about Heather's acceptance of the apology, I think it's the response "I forgive you" as if she's the benevolent one. It would have been nice if Heather apologized as well for hurting Dorinda.

I enjoyed Carole and Dorinda in this episode and I'm looking forward to the trip to London. I will always have an affection for Carole after reading What Remains. I always saw her single, carefree girl in the city persona as an authentic part of herself and a result of dealing with tragic, unbearable grief and pain for so long.

Adam is hot, they make a nice couple IMO.

Meanwhile Heather was the one to apologize when Dorinda went off on her walking into the restaurants even though Dorinda was in the wrong and owed, IMO, Heather the apology. Then Heather apologized once again in the F bomb fight even though LuAnn then Dorinda started that and both of them owed Heather an apology but that never happened either. Both times Heather apologized to Dorinda and although they were accepted, she, Dorinda, made sure she told Heather why she, Heather, was wrong. Heather accepted Dorinda's apology with out any comments about why she was hurt, upset or owed the apology. She let Dorinda know that she did not have to beg, for forgiveness, she did not need to prove herself to Heather but that she was forgiven, plain and simple, forgiven and that all was fine/well between them. Heather was upfront and more gracious than Dorinda has been to her IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 23

I thought the jewelry business was Mario's family business?  Doesn't his business make religious and other cheap jewelry and trophies and medals?  Why would Ramona be so hot on promoting Mario's business these days?

• Love 8

Keep reading. I said I didn't know that. I'm done...

I'm sure you are going to find some closeouts or discontinued items at places like Marshall's, but Bloomingdales retails them for around $128.

Even Bloomingdales has them on sale for $88. Heather got some good mileage out of this season for Yummie, especially for her jeans. I'm sure Denim and Diamonds was designed for that purpose. Well played!
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hate Ramona so much. I truly could not hate her more. The display at the charity was disgusting. She has - fuck (motherfuck?), I need a thesaurus to find words beyond 'repellant, disgusting, despicable.' She is so cheap, tacky, dishonest, such a user. At an event where Heather straight-up donated high-value items and womanpower for something benefitting children with cleft palates who could not otherwise afford surgery, she contaminates hors d'oeuvres, tries to attack Heather because of her fit of pique, then Carole, just on and on and on. She is fundamentally an intellectually empty, soul-free narcissist snatchy user.

I am again thrilled that she's going to end up a miserable bundle of Adderall/whatever legal form of coke and fundamentally alone but for when her daughter visits. Well-earned. Well motherfucking earned.

All of this!!! She really is a vile snob, who should not be. She is classless.

What was Ramona doing to the hors d' oeuvres? I couldn't figure out what she was doing.

I loved seeing the dinner (Kristen, Heather and Carole) and Heather's children are cute , I loved how excited Jax was about wrestling lol.

Jonathan seems to be a nice man. I loved that he offered to do dishes.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12

Just a few comments --

I was really hard on Heather the first year she was on.  I like her now.  Would actually hate to see her go.  She needs to do what she needs to do and there is no doubt in my mind that the decision will be a family first one.  Jax, dear boy, here is to you hearing perfectly fine soon!  Also, she won't let Bravo do to her what they have done to the majority of HWs and make her look like an idiot.

The readings.  It truly seemed that all three women were really blindsided with what was said.  It's still reads typical Bravo bs but appears that the ladies had no clue what was going to be said.

Carole/Dorinda.  A true moment on a reality show.  Who knew!  I think that actually helped me.  Lol, again, who knew!  I took care of both my parents for almost 10 years and the loss of them both still affects me 10 years later.  Here I thought I was the only one that had trouble adjusting after illness.  You feel isolated and somehow like you failed when the inevitable happens.  And, getting started again isn't the easiest either. 

I wish Bravo would find a new formula for these shows.  They use the same one for every city over and over and over again.  Maybe if TPTB would collectively put their brain cell together they would realize that it's the honest moments, the fun moments that would make these shows better and not the 'talk to my face, not behind my back' moments or the created non-sensical fight moments. 

Well said. When they just let these women be themselves "magic" can happen.

Maybe an end of season sale or when she is phasing out a design but I have never seen them, YT Jeans, below $80 a pair and that was as a "Todays Special Value" on HSN.

And the only place anyone can buy anything from Ramona's jewelry line is pretty much on her website only. She was only selling on HSN during 1 season. I don't remember seeing many favorable reviews about her jewelry back then either, it was not a good seller.

• Love 9

I hate Ramona so much.  I truly could not hate her more.  The display at the charity was disgusting.  She has - fuck (motherfuck?), I need a thesaurus to find words beyond 'repellant, disgusting, despicable.'  She is so cheap, tacky, dishonest, such a user.  At an event where Heather straight-up donated high-value items and womanpower for something benefitting children with cleft palates who could not otherwise afford surgery, she contaminates hors d'oeuvres, tries to attack Heather because of her fit of pique, then Carole, just on and on and on.  She is fundamentally an intellectually empty, soul-free narcissist snatchy user. 

I am again thrilled that she's going to end up a miserable bundle of Adderall/whatever legal form of coke and fundamentally alone but for when her daughter visits.  Well-earned.  Well motherfucking earned. 

Ramona talks about suicidal thoughts and medications:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/ramona-singer-reveals-she-contemplated-suicide-after-marios-affair/

• Love 1

From Beth's blog:

Ramona was vintage Singer. She donates eight necklaces but wants to hog the press for her brand. FYI, I donated product for the gift bags but declined the need to be on the step and repeat sign and asked for nothing in return. You need to pick your spots. Ramona chooses them all. Heather was on point.

Yep.

Beth continues:

As far as Dorinda's apology and Heather's acceptance, I understand Dorinda's point. Accept it and move on, unconditionally. Heather had a vibe that was still hanging on to the apology. It seemed the acceptance had strings.

How so?  Dorinda asks for forgiveness.  Heather's reply:  "I forgive you.  It's that easy."  End of scene.  Then we have Dorinda's TH about Heather being 'arrogant' when accepting an apology.  Hm......  What vibe?  What strings?

I think I know what it is. And mind you I completely disagree with the BS Dorinda was trying to sell about it but I think it's the way Heather was so quick to say I forgive you, it's that easy. First you can take it like she's saying "See how quick and easy it is for a grown up to accept an apology and move on?" or the other thing is because I think some people, when giving an apology think that the gracious way to accept one is to also reassure the person apologizing and soften the intensity by saying something like "Dorinda, it's okay, we're good, I'm sorry too" You know that sort of thing so when Heather sat there feeling completely justified in receiving that apology it seems a bit arrogant and I get that but I like how Heather doesn't muddy shit. She accepted an apology she felt she deserved and didn't water it down humbly by maybe trying to take some blame in the situation which was her right. Dorinda was apologizing specifically for her own ugly behavior and it didn't need to get rehashed or discussed again by Heather chiming in about her part in the matter. Dorinda didn't come in with that angle so it was smart that Heather left it alone however it does seem that Dorinda didn't realize she wanted a co-apology until Heather's response but that's on her.

Actually it sounded like Dorinda's apology had conditions because once Heather accepted it Dorinda had a problem with it. So it seems Dorinda's apology was based on whether Heather would graciously not let Dorinda accept full responsibility for it and maybe offer one up herself??... All I's gots ta say is that if you don't want to give an apology then don't and if you're only doing it so you can come off as the bigger person and you still end up feeling like the loser who needed to give an apology then that's your issue with you not your issue with Heather.

• Love 11

Keep reading. I said I didn't know that. I'm done...

I do think it was easy to miss how much or how many YT jeans Heather donated. I don't think a lot of viewers caught the racks of YT Jeans for sale for the charity so I don't fault anyone not catching that. What I thought was weird was that Ramona went at Heather because her name, "True Faith" wasn't listed but never said a word to Kristen! Heather donated but the event was hosted by Kristen! LOL

All of this!!! She really is a vile snob, who should not be. She is classless.

What was Ramona doing to the hors d' oeuvres? I couldn't figure out what she was doing.

I loved seeing the dinner (Kristen, Heather and Carole) and Heather's childnren are cute , I loved how excited Jax was about wrestling lol.

Turns out that Ramona is a "double dipper" and likes to finger through all the hors d' oeuvres! LOL

• Love 6

Well said. When they just let these women be themselves "magic" can happen.

Maybe an end of season sale or when she is phasing out a design but I have never seen them, YT Jeans, below $80 a pair and that was as a "Todays Special Value" on HSN.

And the only place anyone can buy anything from Ramona's jewelry line is pretty much on her website only. She was only selling on HSN during 1 season. I don't remember seeing many favorable reviews about her jewelry back then either, it was not a good seller.

Two responses.

The short one, WRT Ramona's jewelry, I still snicker remember her informing Mario of her fantastic idea for jewelry, back in an early season:  "Diamonds by the inch!!  Because there's a necklace, and there are diamonds every inch!! I was so specific, it had to be diamonds by the inch!!"  Ramona is living testimony to enthusiasm over intellect.  There is no way she is an actual intelligent businesswoman, but she IS a bulldozer.

More in depth, to your point, "when they let women be themselves magic can happen" - I agree.  I've been watching the show The Last Alaskans, which is like an anti-Housewives show (actually I don't know which is more anti-Housewives, Last Alaskans or Deadliest Catch) (and sidenote, around my house, we call these the "Deadliest Housewives" as in my husband asking me, "Are deadliest housewives on tonight?")

My point:  Last Alaskans is about four families who represent the last four families allowed to live in the Alaskan preserve.  The series was filmed with no interference and no amped up drama, just four families (one of whom is only ONE MAN talking to either the camera or his dog), each in total isolation, and it shows us their lives.  What I thought, watching it, is that everyone in the world is interesting, if you get to know them.  They didn't do a huge casting call for these people - they couldn't, they had to use the actual people who are there.  (There are actually seven families spread out over a wilderness the size of South Carolina; four agreed to do the show.)  These aren't people chosen for conflict or anything else.  They're just people in interesting circumstances, and the show does every episode what Bravo did for five minutes in an airport: watch them.  It's a fantastic show, by the way, and it's getting a lot of attention as a genuinely good example of what "reality TV" COULD do.  I even saw an interview with one of the producers who said, and I'm not kidding, "I'm freelance, so I could find myself back on a Housewives show tomorrow, but this show, I'm proud of."

This is probably not even worth discussing, because Bravo will never really do it, but I do wish they could have a bit more confidence in the women themselves, to be interesting.  The early seasons of OC were more like this, too - about women and their families, with no need for amped up drama.  Even the first season of NY, most of the show was about small things:  Bethenny trying to get commitment from a man who didn't really care, Jill trying to keep a healthy perspective on her daughters' weight, Simon and Alex struggling under the weight of their own delusions, etc.  Somewhere along the line they forgot that these are real women, and they forgot that what initially drew us to the show was WATCHING real women, and I wish they would remember.

• Love 13

Wow! Thanks for finding this site! I will end up ordering a few pairs! I do think they are last seasons jeans though, not her newer styles from the looks of them but I could care less, I love saving money more! LOL

Yeah, they are likely from previous seasons (still worth purchasing, IMO). 6pm is an outlet website. I may or may not have them to thank for my extensive leather boots collection. Ahem.

• Love 7

Wow! Thanks for finding this site! I will end up ordering a few pairs! I do think they are last seasons jeans though, not her newer styles from the looks of them but I could care less, I love saving money more! LOL

Amazon has them at similar prices as well. It should be easy to find them half off. Happy shopping!

• Love 2
(edited)

Even Bloomingdales has them on sale for $88. Heather got some good mileage out of this season for Yummie, especially for her jeans. I'm sure Denim and Diamonds was designed for that purpose. Well played!

Bloomingdale's has two of the five washes for sale at $88, and one of the five washes of the straight leg for sale at $88. But I think it's like some of the other women above said: They're likely last season's pairs that are on sale or discounted. Either way, Heather's jeans and positive talk of them is making me reconsider my feelings on buying HWs products. (Well, hers and Kristen's. If there were a Ricky's here in DC, I'd probably buy a bottle to try out.)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9
(edited)
I've been watching the show The Last Alaskans, which is like an anti-Housewives show

Completely OT, but I'll keep it brief. If anyone is looking for similarly thoughtful reality shows, I heartily recommend PBS' Frontier House and Colonial House series. Yes, really. (They're 10+ years old now but well worth seeking it…the friction between castmates that develops is real and not contrived, such as one couple's refusal to attend Sunday church services even though it was the period-correct thing to do. Some people did well and even flourished under the restrictive living conditions, and others, not so much.)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 7

Two responses.

The short one, WRT Ramona's jewelry, I still snicker remember her informing Mario of her fantastic idea for jewelry, back in an early season:  "Diamonds by the inch!!  Because there's a necklace, and there are diamonds every inch!! I was so specific, it had to be diamonds by the inch!!"  Ramona is living testimony to enthusiasm over intellect.  There is no way she is an actual intelligent businesswoman, but she IS a bulldozer.

More in depth, to your point, "when they let women be themselves magic can happen" - I agree.  I've been watching the show The Last Alaskans, which is like an anti-Housewives show (actually I don't know which is more anti-Housewives, Last Alaskans or Deadliest Catch) (and sidenote, around my house, we call these the "Deadliest Housewives" as in my husband asking me, "Are deadliest housewives on tonight?")

My point:  Last Alaskans is about four families who represent the last four families allowed to live in the Alaskan preserve.  The series was filmed with no interference and no amped up drama, just four families (one of whom is only ONE MAN talking to either the camera or his dog), each in total isolation, and it shows us their lives.  What I thought, watching it, is that everyone in the world is interesting, if you get to know them.  They didn't do a huge casting call for these people - they couldn't, they had to use the actual people who are there.  (There are actually seven families spread out over a wilderness the size of South Carolina; four agreed to do the show.)  These aren't people chosen for conflict or anything else.  They're just people in interesting circumstances, and the show does every episode what Bravo did for five minutes in an airport: watch them.  It's a fantastic show, by the way, and it's getting a lot of attention as a genuinely good example of what "reality TV" COULD do.  I even saw an interview with one of the producers who said, and I'm not kidding, "I'm freelance, so I could find myself back on a Housewives show tomorrow, but this show, I'm proud of."

This is probably not even worth discussing, because Bravo will never really do it, but I do wish they could have a bit more confidence in the women themselves, to be interesting.  The early seasons of OC were more like this, too - about women and their families, with no need for amped up drama.  Even the first season of NY, most of the show was about small things:  Bethenny trying to get commitment from a man who didn't really care, Jill trying to keep a healthy perspective on her daughters' weight, Simon and Alex struggling under the weight of their own delusions, etc.  Somewhere along the line they forgot that these are real women, and they forgot that what initially drew us to the show was WATCHING real women, and I wish they would remember.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of these shows! We have always been fans on DC and only discovered LA this summer and are watching all the repeats they have been showing. We are never bored, never fast forward or nod off watching either show. Real life IS interesting, more so than faux, producer driven drama. I agree, they need to get back to the original HW show formant  and stop with this forced drama nonsense.

• Love 6

Ramona reminds me of someone who would go as a guest to a caviar and champagne party, even though she hated caviar an then ask for a doggie bag to take some home.  Just because she feels so bloody entitled.  It was the same with the restaurant owner, she decided he was going to spend the evening entertaining her, forget about his other patrons or his opportunity to get more camera time and exposure for his business by say joining the group of ladies at the table.  Of course her excuse was she need to do double time in the flirting department, as if it is a required course or Olympic sport.  Aargh!!

I could be wrong bit I believe Ramona's Tru Faith jewelry is just an extension of Mario's family's business.  I agree I think it some samples she had laying around..

• Love 4

Yet another attack of the childish, rude, tactless, selfish, emotionally immature narcissist, Ramona.  The fact that she lacks the common sense to keep her from saying the shit she does out loud is just baffling.  She and Vicki G. have got to be related. 

More and more, I'm thinking that Mario was a saint to be able to put up with her for a week, much less for 25ish years.  He and David Beador should meet up and have a beer.  (Although I actually like Shannon, even though she drives me crazy) 

It's ironic to me that the word "faith" is even in the name of that disgusting woman's jewelry line.  She's spent so much time plugging the crap she's peddling, I wish she would plug her yapper instead.

• Love 14

Two responses.

In a couple of words whatever changed the RH dynamic:  Skinny Girl, just ask Bethenny.  Everything became a platform for launching a product or promoting an existing product.  Fan favorites interestingly enough are people like Dorinda and Shannon and I think that is because they are not trying to sell us something.  When I say fan favorites I am talking about outside this forum. 

• Love 6

I could use another good read Scoobs, what's it called?

Carole's book is "What Remains".  It's really beautifully written.  I could see how few of the present cast would have read it.  OK, I'm sure Heather has & possibly Kristen, but anyone else?  Doubt it.  Well, we know Bethenny ONLY reads her own useless books.  I can't imagine Sonja or Moaner or even Lu read anything that isn't about themselves.  And clearly Dorinda hasn't, but I was OK with that cuz it gave a set-up for Carole to talk about her past again, which I liked.

• Love 10

Bloomingdale's has two of the five washes for sale at $88, and one of the five washes of the straight leg for sale at $88. But I think it's like some of the other women above said: They're likely last season's pairs that are on sale or discounted. Either way, Heather's jeans and positive talk of them is making me reconsider my feelings on buying HWs products. (Well, hers and Kristen's. If there were a Ricky's here in DC, I'd probably buy a bottle to try out.)

Me too.

I don't buy HW products because I don't like or need cheap wine, cheap jewelry and whatever it is that skinny girl products are.

But everyone needs good fitting jeans.

• Love 5

Carole's book is "What Remains".  It's really beautifully written.  I could see how few of the present cast would have read it.  OK, I'm sure Heather has & possibly Kristen, but anyone else?  Doubt it.  Well, we know Bethenny ONLY reads her own useless books.  I can't imagine Sonja or Moaner or even Lu read anything that isn't about themselves.  And clearly Dorinda hasn't, but I was OK with that cuz it gave a set-up for Carole to talk about her past again, which I liked.

Bethenny doesn't even write her own useless books.  They are just part of one huge assembly line of products.

• Love 6

I don't buy HW products because I don't like or need cheap wine, cheap jewelry and whatever it is that skinny girl products are.

Me neither and god willing, I never will! The day I purchase anything shilled by these women--be it a book or a bottle of wine--is the day I want to be put out of my misery.

• Love 2