Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Bowling In Heels

• Start Topic

I also think Meghan has thrown herself gung-ho into moving, parenting, and all that is because essentially Jimmy let her know it would be her job as his wife to do these things while he's on the road earning the big bucks. He's probably quite the traditional man/husband. She's bought into it because she gets to be on a reality show and join the OC charity circuit as "wife of" a rich-and-famous MLB player.

And if she mentions being "young" or "30" one more time, my head will explode. It's one thing it say it a couple of times, but I really think we hear it at least once per episode. It doesn't earn you any prizes, Meghan. If fact, in a few years when you see your own behavior, I hope you've matured enough to be appalled at your stupid sense of superiority.

I hesitate to defend Jim.  I'm a huge Cardinals fan but I was neutral on him as a player, and have seen little to like on this show.  But, Jim's youngest children are in St. Louis, as well as his job.  Jim seems over the rich and famous lifestyle - we don't need expensive furniture, these girls all have expensive purses, etc.  While Meghan seems to be a name and label dropper.  I think Jim's lack of interest is because he didn't really want to do the show.  Hayley acts like she could care less, as well.  Whereas Meghan seems to think this show is how she will be discovered.  She couldn't be on the show unless she lived in the OC, so perfect excuse - poor Leann is dying, and Hayley needs me.  I'll take over her care and get her under control.  We must keep a home in the OC, so you will be flying back and forth, dear.

It would explain Jim and Hayley's attitudes while on camera.   It would explain why Jim seems completely over his new wife.  It would explain why they look so happy on her social media, but so sour on this show.  JMO.

I know the rumor is Jim's gay, but how many wives do you need to successfully beard?  He could have made an arrangement with #2, if that's the problem.  And frankly, I don't think Cardinals fans would have a problem with it.

• Love 3

Just caught up on last night's show.   Yes, Tamra fighting with Eddie is exactly the same as it started with Simon.   Except this time she can manage to say "I own this business" as many times as she can.  I wish Eddie would call her bluff and say "well, buy me out".   And I guess Heather is her new Vickie - tell her how awful it is with Eddie, expect sympathy.   If the business is doing so badly (no wonder, there are like 9 other fitness businesses within 10 miles), and money became an issue - then WHY did Tamra upgrade her wedding rings? 

• Love 2

But Jim almost did the show with his second wife. I don't think he minds the attention.

Maybe wife #2 wanting to be on the show put an end to that marriage.  He's just so completely different with Meghan on the show versus on her social media.  For a man who's been in the public eye for twenty years, he's supremely uncomfortable on camera.  I haven't seen one instance in which he prolonged his camera time.  He doesn't seem to like it.  In fact, Leann seems a lot more into it than Jim. 

• Love 2

Just based on what I have seen on the show, I doubt Eddie ever wanted to get married. Tamra's romance with Eddie, the big build up to the engagement, the grand wedding--Eddie never looked like he was into that at all.  He shut that baby storyline down hard.  It was mentioned that Shannon and David appear to have no sexual chemistry, I'd add T & E to that list.  There was a hilarious scene a few years back of her waiting in the bathtub like a spider to entice Eddie and it was cringeworthy.  If Tamra snags another man, especially one with some money, she's "Cutting" out.

Shannon looks like she is very small boned and has probably always been slim.  I think she is quite pretty and very fragile.  I wish she were not going through this with David because her anguish is hard for me to watch.  And i really wish they had left their daughters out of this!

Speaking of leaving daughters out of this--the scenes with Hailey really disturb me.  Who could think it was a good idea to put her on this show?  Daddy, Meghan O'Toole, Hailey herself?  It doesn't reflect well on any of them.

Every time I hear Heather's tagline about her perfect life, it makes me want to throw a monkey wrench into it.  I wonder how she would deal with a situation like Shannon's?

• Love 7
(edited)

Okay, who here tipped off Radaronline.  LMAO.  I'll send you a muffin basket. Are they married?  

“It’s unfortunate and I’m not happy with either one of them,” Judge reveals exclusively. “The reason they got into a fight wasn’t his fault, but he’s trying his hardest to work things out for their daughter,” five-month-old Ava.

“Ryan doesn’t know what to do” and is “in tears” over the incident, which has ended with police dismissing the charges, said Judge, 47. “He feels like he shouldn’t be around Sarah but he wants to be around his daughter.”  (Lab wants to remind everyone she didn't change her name to Judge, Eddie is appreciative of that, I'm sure.)

Who here is shocked?  Crickets.  Tamra better sell a home for that bail money.  Eddie - I was just rolling up your parachute.  I think I'll just dorp off u-haul boxes instead.  Child support.....for 18 years dude. 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tamra-judge-discusses-son-ryan-vieth-domestic-violence-arrest-charges/

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Every time I hear Heather's tagline about her perfect life, it makes me want to throw a monkey wrench into it.  I wonder how she would deal with a situation like Shannon's?

Well -- girlfriend would just whip out the ol' utility knife and castrate that bastard tut de suite.  And then clean out the bank accounts.

• Love 6

Okay, who here tipped off Radaronline.  LMAO.  I'll send you a muffin basket. Are they married?  

“It’s unfortunate and I’m not happy with either one of them,” Judge reveals exclusively. “The reason they got into a fight wasn’t his fault, but he’s trying his hardest to work things out for their daughter,” five-month-old Ava.

“Ryan doesn’t know what to do” and is “in tears” over the incident, which has ended with police dismissing the charges, said Judge, 47. “He feels like he shouldn’t be around Sarah but he wants to be around his daughter.”  (Lab wants to remind everyone she didn't change her name to Judge, Eddie is appreciative of that, I'm sure.)

All I can say is I feel so sorry for that baby. Sarah already had 3 little girls and she chose Ryan to knock her up again. What a surprise, they fight and don't get along. They both come with such good references too.

Who here is shocked?  Crickets.  Tamra better sell a home for that bail money.  Eddie - I was just rolling up your parachute.  I think I'll just dorp off u-haul boxes instead.  Child support.....for 18 years dude. 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tamra-judge-discusses-son-ryan-vieth-domestic-violence-arrest-charges/

I'm pretty sure Hailey lives with Meghan at a minimum of half-time; the entire premise of the Edmonds' return to CA was that Hailey was in their custody and wanted to be closer to her mom, right? Meghan suggests to Hailey, LeeAnn, and Jim that birth control is now appropriate since Hailey is 17. LeeAnn and Jim approve. If it was Meghan's idea, then I don't see anything problematic in the way in which Meghan articulated the scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if Hailey was more amenable to such manner of ideas and/or discourse as opposed to either of her parents. Meghan has a self-congratulatory streak that borders on mild delusion in terms of her responsibilities but I don't think it's any more notable or offensive than, say, everyone (including Heather herself) lauding Heather for "having it all" and achieving the awe-inspiring accomplishment of being able to take care of four kids with a multi-person staff . . . As for the preview of Vicki's financial "advice" to Meghan, I might be able to concede that she has something resembling a respectable point about women ensuring their own financial solubility were it not for the fact that her obsession with money comes down to jealousy. I can recall quite specifically how she practically seethed when Lauri landed her second meal ticket at 48 and George showered his catch her jewelry. Meghan knows enough to have her name on the deed to one or two houses so, while she's not going to be set for life if things go south, I'm pretty sure she's going to be okay. She's an adult even if she doesn't always act like it; she knows the game. She's also young and pretty. All things considered, pretty sure she'll be okay.

I am thinking LeeAnn and Donnie have the kid more than Megan. . . Leeann had Haley's meds.  None of this moving back to OC makes sense because two seasons ago Allison Edmonds was slated to be a RH and they obviously had a home in OC. We saw it. It sounded to me like Allison moved back to St. Louis and took over the home there and Jim gets to see his son and daughter during home games of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Meghan is no dummy but on the Meghan page there is a trail of properties Jim bought and sold pre-Meghan and a list of his closed businesses.

I'm left with one lingering question - HOW did Lizzie break her ribs????

I do not know how she broke her ribs, but I am guessing she is in 100% pain. I wonder if it included a three......no probably five......wait, make it seven day hospital stay?

• Love 5
Shannon was pissing me off by insisting that Brooks give her holistic doctor a try at treating his Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. While a cancer patient is undergoing treatment and dedicated to the regime establish by notable doctors in the field of Oncology it's not acceptable for someone to leap in and start insisting they change or deviate from the program just because they 'think' it would help his cancer.

I actually loved this. I've really liked Shannon, except for her bullshit alternative medicine stuff. In this case, she seemed to be encouraging him to integrate more of the Western medicine, not the holistic stuff. Those coffee enemas and that juice diet didn't come from a traditional oncologist. She thought he was being nuts and needed to be checked by a Western medicine practitioner.

At least, I hope.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Brooks might really be sick, sadly. He doesn't look that sick but losing all that weight isn't good and the other thing I've noticed is that he is quieter and more reserved. Just doesn't seem his usual over-the-top self.

I think he said he lost 42 pounds in four months.   That amount of pounds in that length of time sounds doable (especially for a man) on any diet that is cutting out bread (like Crooks) and juicing etc.   I hate doubting his illness but I've always thought this guy was a dirty grifter who targeted Vickis from Day One and I hated how he treated her; threatening to see other women, seeing other women, trying to get her to choose between her daughter and him, etc.  

This season he seems to really care about her and I'm guessing it's because  If he is sick, then he is really really lucky to have Vickie on his side.  Without her he could be throwing up in his Mississippi trailer waiting for Medicaid to approve his latest treatment.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know I should, but I just cannot jump on the Megan hate at this point. Even given that I thought her conversation with her stepdaughter on the beach was one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen. She seems to care about this girl. She seems to want to do a good job. It might all be to keep the husband, or to keep him happy, or whatever, but it looks like she is concerned about doing a good job and I just have to give her some credit for this. Even if it's all for the show (and I think most things are for the show, just in general) as least she is showing us something that is important. She might not be going about it all the right way, but I like that she knows what is going on with the kid and her schoolwork, that she knows what the expectations and assignments are. Even if she helps her finish it, it says something that she is involved/interested enough to be aware of what she is supposed to be doing and that it is important.  I guess I am surprised because I didn't expect her to even pretend to give two shits about something like a teenagers school assignments. I thought her only interest would be shopping and jewelry.  My judgement could also be clouded because she is going to go head to head with Vicki.  I will always be on the side of the person who does this. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I actually loved this. I've really liked Shannon, except for her bullshit alternative medicine stuff. In this case, she seemed to be encouraging him to integrate more of the Western medicine, not the holistic stuff. Those coffee enemas and that juice diet didn't come from a traditional oncologist. She thought he was being nuts and needed to be checked by a Western medicine practitioner.

At least, I hope.

Yes, I thought so too.  Or at least I hope.

Coffee enemas are bullshit.  They can be dangerous for someone perfectly healthy.  So for someone who has cancer?

But me thinks this is just the typical Bravo stunt.  You know, see a pyschic, see a holistic healer.  We've seen this a million times before.  Just a stunt so tht Vicki can be vulgar and say "You are going to shove it up my butthole?"  I certainly hope that if he really has cancer they aren't that stupid to think coffee enemas and juicing is going to help.

• Love 3

The very first season I thought she'd be happy as hell if he had a girlfriend so she didn't have to do the wifely duties as long as she could continue to live her life of luxury and he kept it on the downlow.   She seemed so annoyed at his very presence.  

• Love 9

Bwah ha ha, the Radar Online article says Ryan was "shirtless" when arrested. Where is the "Cops" camera crew when you need them?

I suspect the camera experienced "snow blindness" as soon as those camera lights came on.
  • Love 2

As someone with a chronic illness, one of my pet peeves is people giving unwanted medical advice. I know Shannon is truly well intentioned, but it would grate.

I can't doubt Brooks' cancer ... yet. What's more important, IMO, is that he has made Vicki, that bottomless hole of need, happy and therefore their relationship is no one's business but their own.

• Love 12

Shannon in the gym was the closest I've ever come to liking her. I hate working out too and just like Shannon have never felt the much hailed endorphin rush. A lot of studies have come to the conclusion that while that happens for many people, it's not a universal side effect of exercise. One of my closest friends is a total jock and I've just learned to smile and nod when she talks about the mood boosting effects of exercise. Personal clarity after a run? Nope, not happening. The spiritual bliss of yoga? Not even once. The high after a spinning class? God no, I want to die. Exercise is like filing taxes for me. I'm an adult and I know I need to so I do it with minimal fuss, but it is not fun. I totally feel Shannon on her "Hell No!" to the cult of exercise. Annnnd then she starts talking about birth control giving a 17 year old girl a free pass to have sex and screaming about how Vicki and Brooks need to "beat" cancer and she looses me all over again.

• Love 6
(edited)

I know I should, but I just cannot jump on the Megan hate at this point. Even given that I thought her conversation with her stepdaughter on the beach was one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen. She seems to care about this girl. She seems to want to do a good job. It might all be to keep the husband, or to keep him happy, or whatever, but it looks like she is concerned about doing a good job and I just have to give her some credit for this. Even if it's all for the show (and I think most things are for the show, just in general) as least she is showing us something that is important. She might not be going about it all the right way, but I like that she knows what is going on with the kid and her schoolwork, that she knows what the expectations and assignments are. Even if she helps her finish it, it says something that she is involved/interested enough to be aware of what she is supposed to be doing and that it is important.  I guess I am surprised because I didn't expect her to even pretend to give two shits about something like a teenagers school assignments. I thought her only interest would be shopping and jewelry.  My judgement could also be clouded because she is going to go head to head with Vicki.  I will always be on the side of the person who does this. 

I get what you're saying about Meghan seeming to sincerely care about Hayley and trying her best to fill her role of step-mom. I actually see that. It's just unfortunate that Meghan really has no idea how to do it properly and is basically doing a lot of wrong things that 1) must make Hayley dislike her or at least not respect her much, and 2) make Meghan look awful to the viewers. So many things Meghan is doing are clearly "for the cameras", and that would be ok if it were all about her own life. The thing is that a lot of her story has involved her interactions with Hayley. When a teenaged girl's real real life is shown and used as TV fodder by her brand-new step-mom, I just think there's a lot of poor judgement on the parts of all the adults around her.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

Ryan is a whole bag of crazy.   He doesn't want to work, and why would he if his mother always bails him out.  Now he has the baby to use against his mom.  Sarah isn't the most stable person either.  During the episode where she came to dinner at Tamra's house, she mentioned her father had killed himself.  What she left out was that this was after he shot another man, and left him for dead!!  This was after he set the guys house on fire.   He was a convicted felon.  She has been in/out of hospital for "mental health" issues, including suicide attempts. 

I can easily see Tamra and Eddie splitting up.  The condo/house they live in is Eddie's, so she won't get any money from that.   She will end up in another apartment, living with Ryan and having her grandchild part time.   Simon will go, again, for custody of the younger kids - citing Ryan's violence and him not wanting his children around him.   Somewhere in all of this Tamra will lose her new found religion.  She will coddle Ryan, blame Ava, Simon, and anyone else in the way.    She will have to sell that new "upgrade" wedding ring.      Eddie will close CUT because he doesn't want to buy out Tamra, then he will open his own gym, taking the clients from CUT and will be a tremendous success - because of all of them, Eddie is the only one who realizes you actually have to work for a living.  . . . well, besides on a reality show.  

• Love 7

Ryan is a whole bag of crazy.   He doesn't want to work, and why would he if his mother always bails him out.  Now he has the baby to use against his mom.  Sarah isn't the most stable person either.  During the episode where she came to dinner at Tamra's house, she mentioned her father had killed himself.  What she left out was that this was after he shot another man, and left him for dead!!  This was after he set the guys house on fire.   He was a convicted felon.  She has been in/out of hospital for "mental health" issues, including suicide attempts. 

Hokey smokes! I never heard that before now!

• Love 2

I can't stand Meghan's step-mother of the year act, but I'm going to cut her a little slack. I'm a step mom (kids grown and I have a child of my own) and many, many years ago I had to deal with a sullen teenager living with us while his mother went through cancer treatment (not terminal). It's quite possible that Hailey's mom has passed on dealing with a troubled teen to Jimmy and therefore Meghan. Even though she helped create this entitled teen. Unless things have changed, alternative schooling was the last step before dropping out and having to go for a GED. With Jimmy's travel schedule and LeeAnn's illness, Meghan just may be the only one trying to parent Hailey. It's not going to work, but she doesn't know that yet. Teenagers can be extremely narcissistic and I wouldn't be surprised if Hailey is pissed that her mother's illness is making her life more difficult. I can't believe the adults have allowed Hailey to be on the show. Bad, bad, bad decision.

• Love 5

My husband cheated on me several years ago so I can understand how Shannon feels, and it's true that in the beginning you think about it constantly. I knew I couldn't harp on him all day if we were ever going to get past it, but yet there was so much hurt that I needed to let out....so we came up with a plan. I was given a five-minute period each day where we would go off by ourselves and I could say anything I wanted - I could rant, yell, cry, call him names, ask questions, whatever I wanted, and he had to take it - then after that five minutes was over we didn't speak of it again that day - we only focused on the positives. It was great because it let me get it out and because - quite frankly - he deserved to get yelled at!

The best part was this....at first, I needed that five minutes almost every day. Then, after a month or so, I maybe needed it once or twice a week, then we would go months and I never asked for my five minutes. I felt like after the affair we worked on our marriage in a positive way, yet I always knew I could use my five minutes to be heard when I was hurting. After about a year we decided we didn't need the five-minute option anymore.

Every time I watch Shannon I think this is what she needs - a designated time each day when she can let it out, and then when that timer sounds put it behind her. I'm a cheated-on spouse, but I feel sorry for David....the guy must be walking on eggshells every minute of the day just waiting for when his horrible mistakes are going to be thrown in his face again - you can't fix things living that way.

I guess I could call Shannon and offer this advice, but, you know, she doesn't like unfamiliar numbers popping up on her screen ;-)

Bless your heart.  I too was cheated on in a previous relationship (not by a husband but a long term boyfriend/domestic partner) and it hurt.  Probably one of the worse things I have ever went through.  However, unlike you, I was unable to continue in the relationship.  I ended it b/c I KNEW that I would NEVER be able to let it go and not hold a grudge and rehash it every chance I got.  Maybe Shannon is the same way?  And if that's the case, her and David would be way better off by just divorcing and moving on.  For me, it took getting away from the person (even though I still loved him deeply) to even begin to heal.

I do want to say that I like the 5 minute "bitch about everything that's bothering me" rule.  Boy I sure could have found alot to bitch about in that 5 minutes. lol

• Love 6

And if she mentions being "young" or "30" one more time, my head will explode. It's one thing it say it a couple of times, but I really think we hear it at least once per episode. It doesn't earn you any prizes, Meghan. If fact, in a few years when you see your own behavior, I hope you've matured enough to be appalled at your stupid sense of superiority.

Y'know, last year I signed up to use the loca town pool. It's only available to people over 60--no kids or grandkids allowed, just us 'seniors'. I'm 61 1/2, the youngest by years, decades. Damn; I'm the kid! I guess that explains a lot...

Even given that I thought her conversation with her stepdaughter on the beach was one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen. She seems to care about this girl. She seems to want to do a good job. It might all be to keep the husband, or to keep him happy

You're a nicer person than I am (that wasn't sarcastic). My take is that, while Meghan may, indeed, hope the best for the girl, she's also making damn sure that their encounters and her version of parenting is caught on camera...which may, just maybe, not be the best for a stressed teenager. Her friends are seeing this, it will live on for eternity on the internet. 17 is still very young, close to legal adulthood or not and this will very possibly come back to bite her in the ass.

• Love 6

I agree. Dealing with infidelity is incredibly difficult and forces you to question yourself, your judgement, and every single interaction that you had during the time period.

When you first find out, it is LITERALLY all you can think about.

I have read that it takes 1/2 as long as the affair lasted to get over it. So if the affair lasted a year? It would take her 6 months for it to stop consuming her.

The most innocuous things can trigger a feeling or a memory and set you back. I understand Shannon wanting to learn details (restaurants he took his whore to) so she isn't blindsided in the future. She is empowering herself with painful information ... on her terms. It may seem counterintuitive to be trying to forget something while simultaneously asking for more details - but if she knows they went to McDonalds? Then she can choose to avoid it as opposed to finding out a year later that there was a date at McD's and now she feels betrayed again because she was there unwittingly.

I, personally, think her mistake is that it's playing out on TV - not that she's harping on it. David SHOULD have to deal with the aftermath of what HIS decision to cheat on his wife has caused. Should she shut up and deal in silence or in a therapist's office just to spare David's delicate sensibilities?

He made the decision to step out, so he should deal with the consequences - and one of those consequences is reassuring his wife EACH and EVERY time she needs it.

Amen.

• Love 7

I can easily see Tamra and Eddie splitting up.  The condo/house they live in is Eddie's, so she won't get any money from that.   She will end up in another apartment, living with Ryan and having her grandchild part time.   Simon will go, again, for custody of the younger kids - citing Ryan's violence and him not wanting his children around him.   Somewhere in all of this Tamra will lose her new found religion.  She will coddle Ryan, blame Ava, Simon, and anyone else in the way.    She will have to sell that new "upgrade" wedding ring.      Eddie will close CUT because he doesn't want to buy out Tamra, then he will open his own gym, taking the clients from CUT and will be a tremendous success - because of all of them, Eddie is the only one who realizes you actually have to work for a living.  . . . well, besides on a reality show.  

Well, if that happens, Tamra and Lynn Curtin can go trolling for guys together...maybe they can pay a parking attendant at the bar to watch the grandkids in their strollers...   :-)

• Love 4

Tamra says Eddie is grouchy and moody.  Hmmm, he's married to you.   I can imagine he would be.

Now comes the 'lay the foundation for Cut closing' crap.  CCC.  TM Lab.  She loves selling real estate now.  Look what happened to Shannon when she chopped David's nuts off.  She's 51% he's 49%.  We can't work together, blah blah blah, I need something of my own, blah *cough bullshit cough*.  He's probably tired of backpacks thrown in the hallways and now comes the grandkids/stepgrandkids.  They aren't his kids.  Tamra's setting up for next season, "CCC".

The woman who sits in the cubicle next to me at work belongs to Cut Fitness and takes Eddie's spin class 3 days a week. (She lives way out there in BFE -- I mean Rancho Santa Margarita.) She told me that she thinks Eddie is a great instructor and a genuine sweetheart, and everyone in his classes admires his technical knowledge and ability to motivate people to do their best effort.

She has said that Tams is jealous of any attention he gives to his female students -- whenever she's there.

My friend has been a member for close to a year now and said Tamra has only recently started acknowledging her "hello" when she arrives - Tams basically ignored the members completely.

So Tammy Sue's reawakened interest in selling real estate is not surprising, and I dont doubt she's doing her level best to sabotage Eddie's relative success with attracting members and keeping the place going.

• Love 12
(edited)

That stuff about Ryan and Sarah is terrifying. I knew that woman had screws loose just based on the fact that she a) chose to be with Ryan and b) have a child with him. Meanwhile she had three vulnerable young girls of her own at home that she should not have exposed to Ryan. Talk about horrible parenting. And ahem, the gun thing. All kinds of scary stuff going on. Poor baby Ava, another innocent victim.

I agree with the poster who said they would love to throw a monkey wrench into Heather's "perfect" life. Doesn't she get worried, bragging constantly, that something bad will happen to her? Laws of the universe and all-I would never brag like that (I'm not a bragger anyway). She has bragged since day one about her money, perfect kids, perfect life...nauseating. And she always has that self-satisfied smirk when others (namely Shannon) are going through rough times, like a superior "I would never have to deal with this stuff the peasants do." It's hard to imagine who would be friends with the Dubrow buffoons in real life. And I too wonder how she would handle hearing that Terry was having an affair (and yes, I know the consensus is that Terry isn't attractive enough but give me a break! He's just fine and women will throw themselves at any man with money).

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5

The woman who sits in the cubicle next to me at work belongs to Cut Fitness and takes Eddie's spin class 3 days a week. (She lives way out there in BFE -- I mean Rancho Santa Margarita.) She told me that she thinks Eddie is a great instructor and a genuine sweetheart, and everyone in his classes admires his technical knowledge and ability to motivate people to do their best effort.

She has said that Tams is jealous of any attention he gives to his female students -- whenever she's there.

My friend has been a member for close to a year now and said Tamra has only recently started acknowledging her "hello" when she arrives - Tams basically ignored the members completely.

So Tammy Sue's reawakened interest in selling real estate is not surprising, and I dont doubt she's doing her level best to sabotage Eddie's relative success with attracting members and keeping the place going.

One of my co-workers is now living in the LA area, joined cut, takes cycling classes there and said the exact same thing about Eddie and Tamra!

• Love 4

My take on Tamra wanting to go back to her illustrious career in real estate now is for two reasons, one is the fact that she is just a little more a "famous name" and two, she has the ability to meet a guy with more money than Eddie.  I never got the idea that Tamra liked the idea of having to go to work every day and if she is in real estate she can work from home, make her own schedule for the most part.

I remember watching the proposal, Eddie gave Tamra a nice ring and she loved it but after only 2 years later she had to upgrade?  That must have made Eddie feel emasculated, she loves to do that to him, ie: 51%/49%  I wonder if the upgrade is even real. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Shannon.. affairs are hard to get over..and reading comments on here and other places sadden me with the blaming of the victim instead of the cheater... irregardless of how not picky the victim is.

Agreed! Just goes to show that we live in a world where being held accountable for one's actions is a very frowned upon practice. People like the idea of doing bad and not having to deal with the consequences for too long which is why this whole "justifiable" frustration towards the victim is encouraged so. I'm all about not letting someone harbor something over you just for the sheer joy of it but this isn't some "he forgot her birthday" slight she and their marriage is trying to recover from. They've decided to stay together and try to work it out and this is what it looks like. If it were that easy to get over infidelity then I would think the divorce rate wouldn't be as high as it is now. To some people it's a deal breaker. No, ifs and or buts, however to a lot of others it isn't but just because it isn't doesn't mean that they've surrendered their rights to feel and act on emotions an affair will obviously cause.

All I see is Shannon sharing her hurt and her struggle. She isn't just barking nasty shit at him, making degrading quips in front of others and throwing him under the bus randomly humiliating him for her own personal pleasure.  In the past she expressed herself too emotionally and not as discreetly as she probably should have when it came to her issues with David but this season all I'm seeing is a very hurt wife who is reeling from the blow and is terrified that her family will be no more. I see her just as frustrated with herself as she is with the whole affair and I think it's fair to expect this sort of behavior from her. As much as I think that David isn't a bad guy HE hand an affair. As loony as Shannon was and still is, one thing I honestly believe about her is that SHE has been committed to her family through better OR worse, in good times AND in bad so go on with ya bad self Shannon. I hope you guys pull through!

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 11

I'm not sure anyone is blaming her, but she's made comments about the affair in every freakin' ep this season so far.  And she continues to humiliate the absolute fuck outta him on national TV.  Will it ever end?  She'll never get over it cuz she's a neurotic nutcase.

Look, don't get me wrong, he's no bargain.  Actually, I think he's a total shit-heel.  He can't even think to even give her a lousy card on Valentine's Day.  To me, that says he's a thoughtless prick.  But I feel absolutely no sympathy for her endless whining.  If she doesn't like this situation, end the marriage and be done with it.  Nah, Shannon is very calculated & cunning & manipulative.  She's getting even with him for the affair by endlessly nagging at him & torturing him & humiliating him on camera for the entire world to see.  I will never cease to be baffled why he's enduring this.

OK, he had an affair.  Does that give her the right to endlessly torture him, nag him & embarrass him in front of the world?  I've said it before & I'll say it again.  I don't like either of these 2 characters.

Endlessly? Working on a marriage after infidelity isn't some open and shut case. I mean the affair is still fresh during filming so I'm confused about the term endless. I've not seen Shannon use the affair as a weapon with David. I think she refers to it often because it's what's consuming her thoughts and yes an affair haunts you and does weigh your mind down about 99.9% of the time and for those that want to work through it the idea of going the alternate route (ending the marriage) has the same mind numbing affect especially when children are involved. Needless to say, people shouldn't cheat. It reeks havoc and opens doors to thoughts and emotions and anguish that's just best left closed. It's detrimental to one's sanity even to those of us who believe ourselves to be pretty together people.

Also, I think it's the stupidest idea to be on a reality show while dealing with this or having this in your past (talking to you Lisa Nicole).

• Love 6

I've seen a few comments blaming Shannon for the affair, but the majority of the comments are about how Shannon's gone about working on repairing their relationship. She seems to be dwelling on the betrayal and not on what was happening with David and their relationship that would cause David to seek something outside of his marriage.

But I think that sounds like instead of David needing to get Shannons trust back Shannon should be working on what made David cheat. First things first. Shannon needs to express her pain, figure out even for herself what she needs from David in order to feel the way she needs to feel about him in order to move forward. It was broken by him and her distrust, pain and hurt need to be validated to her satisfaction before she can feel like she trusts him. Basically he needs to prove that no matter what he doesn't want to hurt her again like that but if she feels that he is still perturbed by her behavior, how she treats him, how she acts then she'll never trust he won't stray again. She can try to do things differently but she can't change who she ultimately is and she needs to believe that he can take her as she is in order for her to even trust him again. If it turns into it being about Shannon needing to change they we are ultimately saying that David had a right to cheat and therefore I would expect Shannon will never get over it because it's established that her behavior was the reason and since she can't completely change who she is there is always the possibility that she will get cheated on again. I think once Shannon trusts that David is committed to her and their family then that's when she can move on to working on how she interacts with him and not before. One thing at a time but if that door is open, when David feels he has his own list of demands then it will just turn into a pissing contest where it takes on a vibe of looking out for oneself instead of working on the union.

• Love 3

I agree. Dealing with infidelity is incredibly difficult and forces you to question yourself, your judgement, and every single interaction that you had during the time period.

When you first find out, it is LITERALLY all you can think about.

I have read that it takes 1/2 as long as the affair lasted to get over it. So if the affair lasted a year? It would take her 6 months for it to stop consuming her.

The most innocuous things can trigger a feeling or a memory and set you back. I understand Shannon wanting to learn details (restaurants he took his whore to) so she isn't blindsided in the future. She is empowering herself with painful information ... on her terms. It may seem counterintuitive to be trying to forget something while simultaneously asking for more details - but if she knows they went to McDonalds? Then she can choose to avoid it as opposed to finding out a year later that there was a date at McD's and now she feels betrayed again because she was there unwittingly.

I, personally, think her mistake is that it's playing out on TV - not that she's harping on it. David SHOULD have to deal with the aftermath of what HIS decision to cheat on his wife has caused. Should she shut up and deal in silence or in a therapist's office just to spare David's delicate sensibilities?

He made the decision to step out, so he should deal with the consequences - and one of those consequences is reassuring his wife EACH and EVERY time she needs it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

• Love 5

One of my co-workers is now living in the LA area, joined cut, takes cycling classes there and said the exact same thing about Eddie and Tamra!

I'd say that she's always keeping score and she probably thinks, "well, he got his gym, what do I got?" and, looking to distract herself, she's taken on Ryan. Yeah, and Jesus.

I wonder if she would leave him. Not without a man in the offing. He might leave her.

• Love 3

I'd say that she's always keeping score and she probably thinks, "well, he got his gym, what do I got?" and, looking to distract herself, she's taken on Ryan. Yeah, and Jesus.

I wonder if she would leave him. Not without a man in the offing. He might leave her.

Hence the revisit to real estate...rich men.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hence the revisit to real estate...rich men.

Well, I guess if Taylor could do it,...

Botox, silicone and peroxide must contain pheromones or something.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 3

Megan's stepmother gig is her way of entwining herself very tightly to Jimmy--the more enmeshed in his life she is the more she has a hold on [him].

I find the way she involves herself with the spoiled stepdaughter really intrusive, and the way she talks about the ex-wife's illness on TV in her talking heads is awful.

Well if that's her strategy, she sure isn't driving that thought to its logical conclusion.  I mean, the existence of those kids certainly didn't result in his staying married to their own mothers, so WTF??

• Love 3

I've met Eddie a couple of times.  He is so nice.  So sweet.  Sincere.  That's why I never say anything negative or snark about Eddie.  I'm certain he can carry that gym all by himself.  Without evil eyes.  I just want to save him.  LOL  He's too sweet for her hot mess.  

• Love 7

I don't believe in mediums but a friend went to one hoping to contact his father who had died when my friend was in college. His father did not appear but he "heard from" his grandfather and it gave him great comfort. He said the grandfather told him things the medium could not have known. 

If it comforted Vicki and her brother, ok by me. I sort of wish she and Billy had met with the medium alone. Even though I thought the medium's reaction to Tamra was hilarious, I thought it was rude of her to try to trip him up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It is nice to know that LeeAnn got to see her daughter graduate.  I hope there is a full obituary.  This truly was a brave woman who put the needs and wants of others before hers.  How very nice of her to indulge her daughter's wishes to be on TV.  I am feeling very bad for her husband right about now.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
(edited)

So sad about Lee Ann Edmunds.

My first husband has his affair 23 years ago. Well, He had the one that I knew about the time. There were more, which I discovered later. I found the proof while 9 months pregnant. I went into labor that night and our son was born. I discovered later ,that he has his mistress. in our house, while I was in the hospital. He brought me cookies, which he passed off as his. Turns out she made them for him. He brought me home from the hospital, dropped me and my newborn off. He left me with that baby, and our 2 year old. He then went on vacation with his mistress.

Stupidly I tried to keep the marriage together. Now keep in mind this is the same man who gave me HIV. I stayed for many reasons. The main one being ,that he told me no one would ever want me because I had HIV, and I believed him.

The affair turned me into an ugly person. It consumed me. I did things I could never imagine doing, like chasing after that  **** in a parking lot.  Obviously it didn't work out. I've been with my awesome second husband for 20 years.  But still, 20 some years later, I feel pain when I think of the affair. Its effects you in ways that you can't imagine. I won't mention what it does to your self esteem. I won't tell you how foolish and stupid it makes you feel.

Shannon may not get past this for a while, even if they do split up.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 21