Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Bowling In Heels

• Start Topic

But having to "get away from all the stress in her life" while Brooks is so unwell tells the true story.  Tahiti is a lot farther away than Bass Lake.

Oh snap!  Good one.  

Speaking of Crooks, I have to say if I was fighting cancer, I would absolutely want Shannon Beador's contacts [not in place of a regular team but in addition to] because I'm thinking she knows the top people.  That said, Shannon should realize that unsolicited medical advice is rarely appreciated.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Shannon's remarks in the limousine made it seem like she was contending that providing an adolescent with birth control is synonymous with a communication of cart blanche vis-a-vis sex. I disagree with that premise; it's simply establishing insurance should the inevitability of sex occur sooner rather than later . . .

I agree with this one hundred percent, but  I thought Shannon meant she wouldn't just give out the pills without having multiple conversations about it and about sex.  Meghan didn't even know if Haley was having sex or not.  It doesn't seem like they have had those kind of intimate conversations. Meghan has probably  known Halely less than a year!  And unlike Meghan, Shannon is actually raising three (or is it two?) daughters. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
(edited)

Whoa.  Wo wo wo wow.  

Eddie, I will pack your parachute myself.   Actually, it's your house - kick her out.  

What a hot mess, but not surprised.  I'm just surprised I missed this ZoeyMom.  Her bullshit response is...BULLSHIT.  Simon, Sydney, aren't ya glad you are out of her mess?  Tamra, Laurie called, wants her story line back.  Why would Sara leave the baby?  I would have cocked a gun to get my baby out of there.  And speaking of guns, dang, all those guns in close proximity to Ryan?  Was he drunk?  Oh, Google is my friend, yes he was.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tamra-judges-son-arrested-for-alleged-domestic-violence-2015207

Anyone looking for an empty gym in Rancho Santa Margarita?  After tonights episode, and this, I wouldn't let her lease my RV yet alone sell my home or pass by 24 Hour Fitness.  Hmmm, my pyschic abilites are coming through again....."Eddie was controlling.  He just couldn't cope with having children.  He was always riding something and it wasn't me."

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 16
(edited)

Wow. I liked everyone tonight. For some reason I really enjoyed this episode! Loved seeing the women band together to cheer up Vicki. I was praying for no fighting during dinner. I wanted at least one supportive night where the bullshit was put aside. For once, God answered my prayers. I even thought that Tamra was funny this episode.

I thought that Megan looked beautiful tonight. But I am one that doesn't mind her looks. I understand her frustration. I know people think she's acting. She may be, but it was nice to see her be vulnerable for once instead of being arrogant or condescending. Hayley gets $100 a week for doing homework and putting away her dishes? Plus her own credit card? Sign me up for this gig. Nothing wrong with a 17-year-old on the pill, but I don't think it's fair to announce her pill use on camera! There are many benefits to the pill, one being the Seasonique days of four periods a day. Irresistible!

As far as Vicki forgetting her mother's death. I did the same thing. When my stepfather died, I came home from school and saw his car in the garage. I was so excited that he wasn't at work, that I ran through the house yelling his name over and over again before I remembered. I think it's pretty common. Whether Vicki was acting or not, I don't know- but it's a common phenomenon. I think its a defense mechanism of the brain or something.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 7

She likes to say how worried she is about Brooks, how worried she is about Brianna (what is to worry about with Brianna?  Did I miss something?), she just worries so much about everyone except herself!  But having to "get away from all the stress in her life" while Brooks is so unwell tells the true story.  Tahiti is a lot farther away than Bass Lake.

The supposed worrying is a classic narcissist move.  Implied is the other person is doing something that gives her a reason to worry.  Oh poor Vicks!  She is just worn out from worrying about others.  Why don't they think about her and help relieve her stress? 

• Love 7

Meghan continues to irritate.  She tosses $100 a week at the kid, and the kid is clearly not living up to her end of the bargain?  But,hey, she's a great step mom because she knows all about Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Am I alone in thinking that she probably did the kid's homework for her?   Yep, Stepmother of the Year.

I also thought the "My mom will watch the kids" scene was contrived.  It just didn't seem real to me.  Same for the medium scene. 

Tamara and Eddie  - gee what a surprise NOT.   It's been obvious Eddie checked out some time ago.  All last season I was waiting for him to hop on his bike and ride into the sunset. 

Shannon needs to give it a rest.  Continually harping on the affair in front of a national audience can't be helpful. David's no prize, but if she wants to keep him, she should really stop publicly shaming him.   How is that helpful? 

I did laugh at Vicki's comment about "Miss Fancy Pants" not knowing where Moorea was.  

• Love 5

Why did Vicki and Tamra's limo having to pull over, at the end of the episode, necessitate hysterics and calls to Heather and Brooks? Was it a driverless car, LOL?

I wasn't paying enough attention so I can't say for sure which highway they were on.  I know it was seventy-something, but I'm not sure if it was 73 or 74.  73 is the toll road and is nice and well lit and modern with wide lanes, shoulders, and call boxes, etc.  74 would be scary as shit to be stuck on at night.  It is dark and winds through trees and up and down a mountain and has little or no shoulder in most parts and people haul ass on it.  There have been a ton of fatal accidents on it and it is one of the most dangerous highways in the state.   

• Love 2

Shannon is an idiot. It's parents like her who produce teen mothers. She doesn't think a 17 year old should be on birth control or even be talked to about it?

Both my son and daughter knew about every form of birth control before they were even teenagers. It's not a free ticket to sex and they never thought it was. It was simply making sure they were prepared for the inevitable.

It's so important to be open and honest with kids about sex.

Like I said...Shannon is an idiot.

not sure if shannon is an idiot but i do know that you have to explain to your girls that even if they are on the pill they still have to use condoms. 

did maygain actually say: "I put her on the pill"??  doesn't hailey still have her mother??

what's up with maygain saying what a great step mother she is/will be just because she knows instagram and hashtags??

• Love 6

I thought Shannon and David's Valentines dinner was very touching and positive. She says compared to last year, she was sure this dinner would not have happened. They both worked really hard on their relationship and she was positive it was for the better. They do love each other, they have come through hell to the other side. She realizes that coping with infidelity is a process and she is progressing.  Maybe it was her talking head that made people think she was picking on David or something? I listened really closely and her message was a positive one.

On WWHL-- she says it is one of her best memories.

I think sometimes it is a little confusing with the talking heads. There have been quite a few of her wearing the red and black dress and that session has been spread over a couple episodes.

• Love 7

Regarding the bowling party, first I was glad that everyone got along so well and there wasn't any screaming or tantrums thrown.  But I've got a question, as a non bowler (haven't been in over 25 years).  This is the 2nd time on this show we've seen the ladies bowling and drinking champagne.  The first time was back in S7, when Heather had the bowling & champs party (and the deliciously insanity that Sarah Winchester brought).  At the time, I just figured Heather brought the champagne for the party.  Then in this ep, she's bowling with more champagne (at a seemingly different facility).  Is this some OC thing, simply a Heather thing, or is now bowling and champagne now a thing?  If it's the latter, and given how yummy the sliders (that weren't even touched by these women!) looked, I might just take up bowling!

All in all, I actually did enjoy this episode.  Despite some downer moments, it was still a hell of a lot lighter than the snipefest that RHoNY has become.  But yeah, what did happen with Heather's dogs?

• Love 5

I realize that Heather made the comment in her talking head and not at the table, I never said otherwise. If somebody is complaining about their weight while stuffing food in her mouth, or eating if you prefer, then stop eating so much and hit the gym.

I'm just saying that I don't think there is nothing wrong with Heather saying that.

I'm done with this now.

I have zero idea what would be wrong with someone saying this. It came after Shannon had put  herself down several times. And yes, she did seem to be really enjoying her food. I would say the same thing to someone who wanted to lose weight. Eat less and move more. 

• Love 4

Regarding the bowling party, first I was glad that everyone got along so well and there wasn't any screaming or tantrums thrown.  But I've got a question, as a non bowler (haven't been in over 25 years).  This is the 2nd time on this show we've seen the ladies bowling and drinking champagne.  The first time was back in S7, when Heather had the bowling & champs party (and the deliciously insanity that Sarah Winchester brought).  At the time, I just figured Heather brought the champagne for the party.  Then in this ep, she's bowling with more champagne (at a seemingly different facility).  Is this some OC thing, simply a Heather thing, or is now bowling and champagne now a thing?  If it's the latter, and given how yummy the sliders (that weren't even touched by these women!) looked, I might just take up bowling!

Bowling Alley's have come a long way! Well, some of them. We have a nice one around here with beautiful brick walls, leather couches, flattering lighting, nice tables, a full bar, and pretty darn good food delivered by your own server. A more upscale experience for those that wouldn't appreciate the typical experience. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Why why WHY does Lizzie dress like she does and spackle on the make up? She is a charactiture of a Fredericks of Hollywood catalog model. The talking head she did was disturbing. She needs a makeunder.

Meghan is playing stepmom in the Barbie Dream Home with the Elevator and Barbie Convertible with a real teenager's life. Feel bad for the mom and the kid.

Speaking of lay off Shannon is off the rails butting into the cancer business. Disturbing. Wish Vicki would say point blank to her face what she said in her TH. Thanks but we have doctors.

Another HW vaca on the heels of Turks and Chaos is delicious I'm looking forward to it! Woo hoo!

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8

Vicki is a very bad actress. When she "forgot" her mom was dead, it was hilarious to watch her try to play all shocked and sad. Oh puleeze. And as much as I don't like Brianna, she's just like her mom, she isn't a prisoner out in OK, and she doesn't need Vicks to save her. OTOH, why isn't Vicks more involved in Brooks treatment. I doubt it's because Brooks won't let her. Maybe instead of trying to rescue Brianna, Vicks should deal with Brooks. 35 lbs in a month is too much weight. But Shannon has no business interfering. Just because you are perpetual patient and cruise the interwebs regularly doesn't make you a medical authority. I d sympathize with Shannon, but the woman is a stick.

Tams calls out the medium, lol. I love how he only imposed the complete silence rule after Tams started needling him. Even Shannon, queen of everything alternative, was snickering. 

Oh Meghan, giving an overprivileged kid 100 bucks means nada, THe kid probably has a Lexus parked in the driveway. My take on her "independent study" is that she was failing school, so they told her she could homeschool because otherwise she wouldn't graduate. That BS about driving mom to the doctor was pure BS. These people have money. That's what car services are for. And the BC convo was out of line, totally. 

Bye Eddie!

Once again these bitches get rewarded for their bad OOT behavior by going on an exotic vacation. Let's play a new game with this trip. Let's count the number of locals each one of them offend (1 point), how many ignorant comments they make about the local culture (2 points) and how many penis comments they make (5 points)

• Love 10

I thought Shannon and David's Valentines dinner was very touching and positive. She says compared to last year, she was sure this dinner would not have happened. They both worked really hard on their relationship and she was positive it was for the better. They do love each other, they have come through hell to the other side. She realizes that coping with infidelity is a process and she is progressing.  Maybe it was her talking head that made people think she was picking on David or something? I listened really closely and her message was a positive one.

On WWHL-- she says it is one of her best memories.

I think sometimes it is a little confusing with the talking heads. There have been quite a few of her wearing the red and black dress and that session has been spread over a couple episodes.

I agree. Dealing with infidelity is incredibly difficult and forces you to question yourself, your judgement, and every single interaction that you had during the time period.

When you first find out, it is LITERALLY all you can think about.

I have read that it takes 1/2 as long as the affair lasted to get over it. So if the affair lasted a year? It would take her 6 months for it to stop consuming her.

The most innocuous things can trigger a feeling or a memory and set you back. I understand Shannon wanting to learn details (restaurants he took his whore to) so she isn't blindsided in the future. She is empowering herself with painful information ... on her terms. It may seem counterintuitive to be trying to forget something while simultaneously asking for more details - but if she knows they went to McDonalds? Then she can choose to avoid it as opposed to finding out a year later that there was a date at McD's and now she feels betrayed again because she was there unwittingly.

I, personally, think her mistake is that it's playing out on TV - not that she's harping on it. David SHOULD have to deal with the aftermath of what HIS decision to cheat on his wife has caused. Should she shut up and deal in silence or in a therapist's office just to spare David's delicate sensibilities?

He made the decision to step out, so he should deal with the consequences - and one of those consequences is reassuring his wife EACH and EVERY time she needs it.

• Love 18

Vicki, your mom is dead just as we all will be some day. Quit making it your story and all about you.

I guess you never lost a parent before.  The grief and overwhelming sadness takes a lot longer than a few days to get over.  Of course it's her story.......it's her life, and a very sad part of it.  I feel for her.

• Love 13

So have Heather's dogs been sent to the animal shelter yet or what? Because we've seen more of the nanny than we have the dogs.

Am I imaging Heather saying (at a reunion show?) that the new dogs "didn't work out"?

Am I alone in thinking that she probably did the kid's homework for her?   Yep, Stepmother of the Year.

Well, Meghan TRIED to do her homework for her, but it was too hard! Boo hoo hoo!

So why is Vickie going to Tahiti instead of watching over "juicing" Brooks? I understand one needs to get away from it all, but that seems like a bit far...

• Love 5

I kind of liked this episode. Although it seemed like all of the ladies were wearing a ton of make-up in this episode. Haley doesn't really bother me, she seems like a normal 17 year old to me. She's not an academic, where I do think Meghan did really well in school and was a high achiever. Haley just isn't geared that way, and that's fine. Not everyone is made for college.

Tamra and Eddie's scene was pretty planned out. Tamra's scenes with Eddie usually are usually "storyline." I think their relationship is fine. He's growing on me, I like him because he's very hard working and seems stable mentally. Tamra herself has become so much more chill and relaxed. 

Loved that dragon bracelet. That was gorgeous.

I wanted to smack Tamra when the were filming the "quickies" (barf) - everything he said was wrong but she didn't know what she wanted him to say. Then you talk, bitch. Ugh!

The bracelet was so pretty. But it didn't seem like something Shannon would wear.

I wasn't paying enough attention so I can't say for sure which highway they were on.  I know it was seventy-something, but I'm not sure if it was 73 or 74.  73 is the toll road and is nice and well lit and modern with wide lanes, shoulders, and call boxes, etc.  74 would be scary as shit to be stuck on at night.  It is dark and winds through trees and up and down a mountain and has little or no shoulder in most parts and people haul ass on it.  There have been a ton of fatal accidents on it and it is one of the most dangerous highways in the state.

I think she said 73. If I ever met Tamra or Vicki I would have to invest in some ear plugs to endure the inevitable screeching about (fill in the blank).

• Love 1

I have zero idea what would be wrong with someone saying this. It came after Shannon had put  herself down several times. And yes, she did seem to be really enjoying her food. I would say the same thing to someone who wanted to lose weight. Eat less and move more. 

I don't think she was confused as to how she gained weight or how to get it off we saw her going to the gym.  I think she was putting herself down and the other ladies were letting her know she was fine and should not be so hard on herself until Heather went on -at a later time and said what she said. I don't think it was a lack of knowledge on Shannon's part more of a lack of commitment.  People even when dieting should enjoy their food and it is not as if one can just stop eating.  Shannon was on WWHL last night and look great, perfect hair and make-up, she mentioned she had lost the weight grabbed her stomach and said she had less flab.  Last night Andy was pretty high on having both Shannon and Dorinda on and said they were an "iconic" coupling of guests.  Andy mentioned what viewers seemed to like about Shannon is she open and honest.  I will say this about Shannon and the weight loss, in the land of plastic surgery she did go about it honestly and I know from personal experience having twins is pretty taxing on the abdominal region in that the skin  has been stretched to seemingly the max.  I think this is why Shannon is liked  and gets voted most popular-she worked at losing her weight it wasn't a lot but she showed us what her personal consequences were for gaining 15 lbs. .  Granted the masses may not be able to afford a personal trainer but Bravo also offered You Tube work out videos courtesy of Eddie and Tamra this episode.  I don't think the Heather's slam registered with Shannon or she chose to overlook it.  All of her other co-stars have availed themselves to plastic surgery in the body area. 

• Love 10

So Shannon gained some weight during the fall-out from the affair. Not surprising. I'm a stress eater myself. Kadooz to her for trying to get back on track, but let me tell you - "taking a day or two and not really eating" isn't going to help. In fact, it will do the opposite. It will slow your metabolism way down and then when you DO resume eating normally, your body will not burn it off as quickly. It's simply not healthy, and I wish she would have had this discussion with her trainer, instead of it being some quippy remark in her TH. 

When Shannon's not being a sad sack with David, she actually cracks me up. I love how she orders like Sally Albright. "I want a Grey Goose and water, with a slice of lemon. But I want the lemon on the side. And bring the water separate, because I like to mix it myself. But it must be distilled water. If not, no water. Just the vodka. But then no lemon". HA! 

Also, it kind of amuses me how serious and passionate she is about Brooks's treatment. He's only juicing! No protein! Bad Brooks. I do find it interesting that he's just blowing off her Eastern-Western doctor, who apparently sees patients from all over the country. I wonder why that is. It couldn't possibly be because it would be too "kooky" for him. After all, he's taking nature showers and doing coffee enemas. So no, unorthodox treatment isn't the reason. I really just wonder WHAT it could be that's stopping Brooks from seeing a doctor that Shannon knows. Hmmmm......

That "seance", or whatever-the-fuck it was supposed to be, was drop-dead (pun intended) hilarious. That guy was so full of shit, and I hate people like that - preying on the grieving and vulnerable. Tamra is usually my most-hated on this show, but even a broke clock is right twice a day. When she called the "medium" out about the tattoo, I wanted to give her a big, ol high five. The funny this was, it didn't even seem like her original intention was to call him out. It seemed like she was just having a side convo, asking Billy what the tattoo was, maybe relating because Rapey Ryan was known for surprising her with heinous tattoos. But since Mr. Medium had to micro-manage everyone's behavior (because if others are talking he can't hear the deceased - ya right!), he decided to be all school marm and ask Gramballs what she just said. Thus alerting everyone to the fact that he has no fucking clue what tattoo Billy's son has, and was just taking a stab in the dark with that one. Classic! 

Also, Mr. Psychic, thanks for alerting a room full of people - and the national viewing audience - that Billy has a bowel blockage. Damn. That was uncomfortable. Oh well, call Dr. Moon!

But Tamra really is insufferable and she and Eddie should NOT work together. She's the kind of person that hates the way you do things, but gives NO solutions as to how things should be done. Just exhausting. And Eddie is simply dripping with contempt for her. I wonder how much longer the Judge marriage will last. 

I did love her saying she wants to be stuffed, though. I have told everyone I want to have my husband stuffed if he dies so he can just sit on the couch and it will be like he's not dead at all. Bah! 

Megan's scenes with Hayley just make me cringe. First of all, how about handing her the random $100 bill AFTER her work is done? And her dishes picked up? Give it to her at the end of the week, after verifying that she's done everything you expect of her. Because right now it looks like little miss took the Benjamin, dropped her homework like a bad habit, and hit the town with her likely equally obnoxious and entitled friends. You could tell that little speech was all for show. Hayley wasn't believing a word of it. 

And was it just me, or was Megan doing her homework for her??? I mean, I suppose she could have just been checking her work. But damn, she put her glasses on, got out her calculator, got into bed....looked pretty serious to me. 

But I just don't understand Megan's logic. "You know, You don't have to spend all the money right away. You could save it up and then you could buy something that's truly yours, and not bought with money someone just gave you". Even though that saved money would be compiled from money someone just gave you? What in the ever loving fuck? Megan, just drop the act. You're not a parent here, not even close. You've been on the scene a few months and this girl was raised long before you came waltzing in. You're not going to screw her up or improve her. So just leave it alone. 

I did think the one thing Megan did right was give Megan birth control. Or at least, I don't have a problem with it and don't get why the other women would. They're so outdated, all of them. What? If there's no birth control, girls just won't have sex? How's that working out for all the underage mothers out there?

I was seriously hoping that the women who opted to bowl in their heels would break an ankle. Get over yourselves. Personally, I think bowling shoes are adorable. Am I weird? 

I'm left with one lingering question - HOW did Lizzie break her ribs????

• Love 23

not sure if shannon is an idiot but i do know that you have to explain to your girls that even if they are on the pill they still have to use condoms.

I just hope Meghan explains that to spoiled step-daughter. Very Important To Use Condoms!!
  • Love 10

I was shocked that not one of them knew that Moorea is part of the Tahitian Islands (along with Bora Bora) - especially Miss Know-it-all Heather!!  And, of course, Tamra ~~ she and Eddie were only about an hour and half away from Moorea.

Loved how they all had to pull out their phones and start googling, and then, NO ONE knew how to spell it!!!  

These women really are stupid and ignorant!!  

Actually, Meghan was the only one who got the spelling right but apparently no one was listening to her.

• Love 4

Ghoulina said: (sorry I don't know how to make the quote function work on my phone)

"I did think the one thing Megan did right was give Megan birth control. Or at least, I don't have a problem with it and don't get why the other women would. They're so outdated, all of them. What? If there's no birth control, girls just won't have sex? How's that working out for all the underage mothers out there?"

I agree with your way of thinking Ghoulina EXCEPT that I think it is Hayley's MOTHER'S place to discuss birth control (or even Jimmy but he seems completely dis-interested). It irks me how Meghan keeps trying take over the mother role when the woman is still alive! If she was concerned that Hayley may be sexually active she could have had a PRIVATE conversation with the kids mother suggesting it was time for contraceptives

• Love 13

Actually, Meghan was the only one who got the spelling right but apparently no one was listening to her.

They are probably are hoping she gets it wrong, and books her flights for a different destination, so she isn't with them!!  LOL

• Love 7

Once again these bitches get rewarded for their bad OOT behavior by going on an exotic vacation. Let's play a new game with this trip. Let's count the number of locals each one of them offend (1 point), how many ignorant comments they make about the local culture (2 points) and how many penis comments they make (5 points)

How many points for Vicki having a meltdown about her dead mother?

Also, it kind of amuses me how serious and passionate she is about Brooks's treatment. He's only juicing! No protein! Bad Brooks. I do find it interesting that he's just blowing off her Eastern-Western doctor, who apparently sees patients from all over the country. I wonder why that is. It couldn't possibly be because it would be too "kooky" for him. After all, he's taking nature showers and doing coffee enemas. So no, unorthodox treatment isn't the reason. I really just wonder WHAT it could be that's stopping Brooks from seeing a doctor that Shannon knows. Hmmmm......

Have we heard Vickie say whether or not she attends Brook's treatments or does she drop him off at Chili's en route to her day spa appointments?

• Love 8

I think (hope) all this Meghan parenting stuff is just for the show...because if it isn't I'm going to be cranky.

This girl-almost woman has parents so she doesn't need a hot-minute step mother for anything except friendliness. Not for homework. Not for birth control. Nearly-woman (can't recall her name) does not need parenting from a 2 minute step parent when she has two parents.

If it isn't all for the show, well then shame on her parents. And because I cannot believe her parents have checked out that much I'm going to go with the ol' theory that it's all show...for the show. Therefore, I'm cranky! I don't like fake stuff on my reality TV.

• Love 11
I agree with your way of thinking Ghoulina EXCEPT that I think it is Hayley's MOTHER'S place to discuss birth control (or even Jimmy but he seems completely dis-interested). It irks me how Meghan keeps trying take over the mother role when the woman is still alive! If she was concerned that Hayley may be sexually active she could have had a PRIVATE conversation with the kids mother suggesting it was time for contraceptives

No, I'm with you on that. I just meant her stance on the issue was right, about the only "right" coming from Megan. 

Didn't one of the ladies ask about her mother's involvement and Megan said something about she was cool with it? In my mind, Hayley's actual mother took her to the doc and received the RX. Megan probably just picked it up from the pharmacy  and in her mind that means she "put Hayley on BC". 

• Love 3

I'm going to cut Vicki some slack about forgetting her mother is dead. I did the same thing. I'd been out to dinner shortly after my mother's death and wanted to tell her something that happened and then remembered that I couldn't. So it happens. Really liked Brooks when the medium thing was ending and he could barely contain his laugher.

• Love 12
Have we heard Vickie say whether or not she attends Brook's treatments or does she drop him off at Chili's en route to her day spa appointments?

I feel like she told someone last night that she has gone with Brooks to chemo, but not his actual doc appointments. 

• Love 5

The BC conversation-- someone asked Meghan what the girl's mother thought about it -- she says "she supports my decision"-- wtf. Dude, it should be the other way around. Megs does not get to make any decisions about her stepdaughter beyond allowing her to borrow clothes. The kid is 17 and can hang out at her Moms and do what she wants. I don't believe any of these OC 17 year olds have any fucks to give irt anything their father's trophy wives have to say. I think she gives more stock to the nanny/housekeeper her mother employs.

• Love 11

Nice bracelet David gave to Shannon as a shut the hell up gift.

So basically David was calling Shannon a dragon lady. 

BTW, I looked up the dragon bracelet on line but couldn't find that exact one but others were in the thousands.  Did he just Kobe Bryant her? LOL.

• Love 5

Megan's stepmother gig is her way of entwining herself very tightly to Jimmy--the more enmeshed in his life she is the more she has a hold on her.
I find the way she involves herself with the spoiled stepdaughter really intrusive, and the way she talks about the ex-wife's illness on TV in her talking heads is awful.

• Love 17

So how does Meghan as stepmom get to take a minor to the doctor and get her BC? Did Haley's mom give her some kind of legal guardianship? Honestly, I get that Haley's mom is sick and it's nice that Meghan has stepped up to the plate despite her motivation, but she has absolutely no idea what she is doing. Talking about putting a 17 year on BC on national television? OMG, if I had done something like that when my daughter was 17, she would have gone ballistic. Also the homework thing and the allowance thing. Holy crap, she hasn't a clue how to handle a 17 year old. That's why she looks so damn foolish when she does the "hashtag greatest mom ever' thing. 

• Love 6

Megan's scenes with Hayley just make me cringe. First of all, how about handing her the random $100 bill AFTER her work is done? And her dishes picked up? Give it to her at the end of the week, after verifying that she's done everything you expect of her. Because right now it looks like little miss took the Benjamin, dropped her homework like a bad habit, and hit the town with her likely equally obnoxious and entitled friends. You could tell that little speech was all for show. Hayley wasn't believing a word of it. 

And was it just me, or was Megan doing her homework for her??? I mean, I suppose she could have just been checking her work. But damn, she put her glasses on, got out her calculator, got into bed....looked pretty serious to me. 

But I just don't understand Megan's logic. "You know, You don't have to spend all the money right away. You could save it up and then you could buy something that's truly yours, and not bought with money someone just gave you". Even though that saved money would be compiled from money someone just gave you? What in the ever loving fuck? Megan, just drop the act. You're not a parent here, not even close. You've been on the scene a few months and this girl was raised long before you came waltzing in. You're not going to screw her up or improve her. So just leave it alone. 

I did think the one thing Megan did right was give Megan birth control. Or at least, I don't have a problem with it and don't get why the other women would. They're so outdated, all of them. What? If there's no birth control, girls just won't have sex? How's that working out for all the underage mothers out there?

I completely agree with this!

When I was 17 I didn't get an allowance.  I had a job AND I still had to do all the chores I did before I got the job. I also had to pay for my own gas. imo,  If Hayley wants spending money she should get a job working in one of the stores where she likes to shop (assuming they offer employee discounts).

I thought it looked like Meghan was filling in that homework chart too. I hope not, but somehow wouldn't be surprised. Maybe she thinks it helps make her a cool step mom. 

I hope Meghan explained to Hayley, that while the BC will prevent her from getting pregnant (assuming she uses it correctly), it won't protect her from STDs.

• Love 6

74 is Ortega Highway. My parents live in San Juan Capistrano off Ortega and you're right. Always hear sirens going out that way past SJC!

I say kudos for Meghan (and I believe she said this was discussed with Jimmy and LuAnn) for putting Hayley on birth control. One, just because Hayley says she's not having sex doesn't mean she isn't and two, we don't need anymore teen moms. Although, bringing it up on camera was strange #notcoolstepmom. I am curious with how much leeway LeAnn allows Meghan to 'parent' Hayley. The way Meghan tells it, they are all in discussion about everything pertaining to Hayley. I'm not a step-parent, so I do not know how much step-parents are involved in the decision making, especially one that's been around for a few months.

Y'all are spot on with Eddie and Tamera. Is that final cut of the video on their You Tube channel? Eddie totally wants her away from CUT. I agree that she went back to real estate because she needs the money.

Love that Tamera flustered the 'median'!

• Love 2
I do find it interesting that he's just blowing off her Eastern-Western doctor, who apparently sees patients from all over the country. I wonder why that is. It couldn't possibly be because it would be too "kooky" for him. After all, he's taking nature showers and doing coffee enemas. So no, unorthodox treatment isn't the reason. I really just wonder WHAT it could be that's stopping Brooks from seeing a doctor that Shannon knows. Hmmmm......

I think that it's completely possible that Brooks is faking it, but to play devil's advocate, when you're sick, everyone that you encounter will want to suggest doctors and therapies to you. It can get exhausting. I remember when a close relative was in the last months of her life suffering from cancer, and a well-meaning family friend was trying to convince her to fly out to another state to visit a center that he had seen on a television commercial. When my relative politely declined, this friend stomped away muttering, "I guess she doesn't really want to get better." It never occurred to the relative that my relative was just exhausted from trying every possible treatment and was finally coming to grips with the inevitable. 

I'm not saying that this is what's going on with Brooks, but that I understand if he doesn't jump at Shannon's suggestion. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I do enjoy Tamra when she's not picking on a castmate or stirring the pot. I laughed when she trapped the medium in his little game, and then again in the limo when she was said, "WHO'S HAVING SEX?" then looked at Vicki over the grandma comment. I might actually believe the tension between her and Eddie simply because he doesn't seem like he'd be a great actor. I do think that Tamra is getting back into real estate because Cut Fitness isn't cutting it moneywise.

Doesn't surprise me that Brooks is drinking fruit smoothies only. That's a rookie mistake. You have to limit the natural sugars in those otherwise it's all pointless. Get a Vitamix, add some greens, some fiber, some proteins (nut butters), some unsweetened nondairy beverage. You juice fruits only, you may as well go to the store and buy juice from the shelf.

I had no idea that David's affair went on for so long. It really sounds like he had a full-on relationship, not just a fling for sex. Wow. Did not KNOW. And no gift for Valentine's Day? That's just mean.

I can't help but think that Vicki is going to milk her mother's death for every ounce of attention that she can. She is so needy, it almost isn't real.

Meghan's teenager seems aimless, listless, unmotivated and spoiled. GREAT combination. That kid is going to flounder through life unless she gets some guidance asap. Meghan's bawling over it was weird, though. I didn't buy those tears for a second. She's really bad at this reality show thing.

Co sign on liking tamra when she isn't being a mean girl. Season 3 was her best season, imho. She was a little catty, but for the most part..she got along with the other women..and had a lot of stuff going on in her day to day.

I think not being allowed to film with her kids hurt her much like it hurt Brandi on BH. When not all aspects of your life can be filmed, it prevents one from being shown in a well rounded way.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/07/real-housewives-hazardous-to-health/

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 3
When I was 17 I didn't get an allowance.  I had a job AND I still had to do all the chores I did before I got the job. I also had to pay for my own gas. imo,  If Hayley wants spending money she should get a job working in one of the stores where she likes to shop (assuming they offer employee discounts).

It killed me when Megan revealed that the $100 didn't include gas money. She has a credit card for that!

• Love 13

Meghan is ridiculous, the allowance scene was stupid, she hands the kid $100 tells her she has to do the bare minimum to earn it then tells her it's her fun money and she can do anything with it even buy an expensive purse with it because it's her money and it's not like someone is just handing you money so whatever you buy is yours.  Um, Meghan just handed it to her...

Vicki and Tamara in the limo with a flat was funny but they acted like there was no chauffer.  Lucy and Ethel have to change a tire, hilarity ensues.

My husband has been travelling to Costa Mesa for business every week for a month straight maybe I need to go with him next week, I could have a Housewife sighting!

Will Tamara point a finger at Vicki about going to the Tahitian "Bass Lake" while Brooks is fighting cancer? Nahhh, then Tamara couldn't go on a fabulous vacation. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I realize that Heather made the comment in her talking head and not at the table, I never said otherwise. If somebody is complaining about their weight while stuffing food in her mouth, or eating if you prefer, then stop eating so much and hit the gym.

I'm just saying that I don't think there is nothing wrong with Heather saying that.

I'm done with this now.

As you said, you're underweight.  Presumably you have a high metabolism.  So it upsets you when someone thinks people who are underweight have an eating disorder.  But you're perfectly fine with someone just saying, "Stop eating, hit the gym" for someone who is overweight without considering that maybe they have a very low metabolism and a predisposition to gain weight.

It works both ways, darling!  For every "eat a cheeseburger" comment there are people who DO workout and don't overeat but aren't thin but they are told to work out and stop eating.

ETA:  Didn't mean to sound insensitive to your plight!  I have a SIL who is underweight and she gets irritated by people who assume she has an eating disorder.  She just genetically has high metabolism!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17

I tried Google to find out how tall Shannon is.  Couldn't find anything.  Anyone want to venture a guess? 

Next to Vicki (who I believe is 5'7) she looked a bit shorter.  (they were both wearing heels)    5' 6" ?   Obviously, I'm obsessed with height / weight ratios.  

• Love 2
(edited)

We all know that these ultra-rich, ultra-spoiled and ultra-narcissistic women are not living in the same world as the majority of the earth's population. Realizing this fact, I also came to understand that when life brings natural occurrences to loved ones like terminal illnesses and death, these spoiled rich women are far from being capable of facing these tragedies and deal with them. There is no natural resilience or inbred defenses to deal with life's tribulations. The most they contend with is a cheating husband, and children suffering from 'affluenza'. Being wealthy and privileged brings a considerable impact to the environment. Do they worry that the extravagant landscaping on their mini-estates also contributes to the severe water shortage? Do they care that the diamonds they adorn their bodies with were mined by child slavery? Does it matter to them if a wealthy big game hunter from Texas killed a black rhino that's on the endangered species list? They don't give a single thought to any of it.

I almost feel sorry for them living in their perfect world bubble when that bubble bursts and they have to rely on someone else for strength during hard times because they just aren't capable themselves. Life happens for everyone even the ultra-rich. We are accustomed to dealing with adversities on a daily basis, they fall apart and crumple up as Vicki did.

Vicki is mourning for herself, not her mother. She's selfish and can only be angry that she was cheated by her mother dying. Well, deal with it Vicki, and start appreciating every day what your boyfriend Brooks is going through. He lost 42 pounds and his prognosis is dire, he's going to die a painful death. She should appreciate what she still has, and accept what she just lost. And Tamra should learn how to be kind. It's such a simple thing but a person is either kind or they aren't and Tamra is not a kind person. She treats her husband like he's a pariah that's ready to snatch her gym from the clutches of her 51%. Treating him in a mistrusting way will surely bring problems into their marriage. Does she REALLY have to keep reminding Eddie that she owns the place? He owns 49% of that gym and she wouldn't have to close it up if Eddie wasn't there dedicated to it.

Shannon was pissing me off by insisting that Brooks give her holistic doctor a try at treating his Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. While a cancer patient is undergoing treatment and dedicated to the regime establish by notable doctors in the field of Oncology it's not acceptable for someone to leap in and start insisting they change or deviate from the program just because they 'think' it would help his cancer.

Nobody looks attractive when they have a cry-face going on, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone less attractive while crying than that dumbass Meghan. If I could find a screen shot of that scrunched up raisin face, I think it would go viral on the internet.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8
Tamra and Eddie's scene was pretty planned out. Tamra's scenes with Eddie usually are usually "storyline." I think their relationship is fine. He's growing on me, I like him because he's very hard working and seems stable mentally. Tamra herself has become so much more chill and relaxed.

I agree - this is all part of a story arc about the gym, and setting up her reasons for backing away from the gym full time.  Their arguing is staged.  Plus remember how last year Shannon got all kinds of good will for showing her marriage struggles?  Tams was probably like hmm yessss this is what I need to do and is modeling this into her storyline.

This is because they film the THs on a blue screen now.  They used to film them set up in the persons house ie. a real background.  But starting last season they do them on a blue screen and sub out the backgrounds, so you will see them in the same outfit, but different backgrounds, some appear to be daytime, some are night backdrops.  if you pay attention it is very noticeable and fake looking.  The lighting on the person does not match the background.  And sometimes the backgrounds look super fake, like last year the one they used for Lizzie had the ocean on the background, with the rolling waves that never changed, it was incredibly fake.

• Love 8

Megan is an idiot.  She did everything ass backwards last night.  You don't just hand $100 to a teen that isn't even doing the bare minimum and expect her to make good decisions.  In my area (different part of CA), only students that are having issues are allowed to go on the homeschooling program.  I'm not buying the whole "she has to take her mom to treatments, etc" bullshit.  First of all, that is completely inappropriate to have a 17 year old drive her parent to chemo and dr appointments when there are other people, such as LeeAnn's husband or even Megan for that matter, to do it.  Too much to put on the kid.  Secondly, if she can't even manage to do the assignments OR show up for a once a week check in, something is really wrong.  She has PARENTS, for fuck's sake!  Where the fuck is Jimmy if his kid is doing so poorly?  It is kinda still his responsibility.... just sayin.  

And later that night, when we see Megan wash her face and put on the studious glasses, she was SO doing the assignment for Hailey.   HOW is this helping anyone?  And where the hell was Hailey?  She clearly wasn't at home that night, so where was she?  At her mother's house?  If so, why wasn't her mom aware of this going on?  And why wasn't Megan on the phone with Jimmy filling him in?  So many questions... 

In summary, YES Megan - you are failing miserably. 

• Love 14

Except David's voice is not as low. David has a high pitch voice IMO. He is from Michigan.

He is 100% that "high talker" from Seinfeld!

Well, I'm sure phony-baloney Heather would never have ANY of her 10 billion nannies on camera at all, but I bet she can't stand to be alone with those screaming brat kids for more than one second.

I actually thought most of Heather's kids came off as fairly well-behaved.  But then there is Coco.  Good gawd, that little girl would try my patience.  I think that's why I'm one of the VERY few who didn't get all up in arms when Terry called her a little bitch.  Cuz.... she kinda is?  

While I am very suspious about "median's" I have experienced some bizarre things in my life. First was a little boy who was run over in the driveway of the house I stayed at with my ex. I didn't know anything about this until I told the owner of the property about a "blue" boy standing at the side of our bed staring at me. I asked him to please go away and he did. Second was my ex who died in a car accident and used to come and speak to me at night. My now husband confirmed also seeing him speaking to me (explained him in detail without ever seeing any pictures or descripition of him). Both experieces did not scare me but were "strange".

Oh boy - both of your stories gave me goosebumps for sure.  And you are brave.  I would have probably peed myself from fear!!

All in all, I actually did enjoy this episode.  Despite some downer moments, it was still a hell of a lot lighter than the snipefest that RHoNY has become.  But yeah, what did happen with Heather's dogs?

Yep, I've been to some "high end" bowling alleys in the DC area that most definitely serve "champs." lol

I guess you never lost a parent before.  The grief and overwhelming sadness takes a lot longer than a few days to get over.  Of course it's her story.......it's her life, and a very sad part of it.  I feel for her.

I've lost both of mine and I still think Vicki is being over-dramatic.  And I did not believe for one minute that her "I'll just have my mom watch them" moment was spontaneous. Just call me Coco! (a little bitch...)

I think that it's completely possible that Brooks is faking it, but to play devil's advocate, when you're sick, everyone that you encounter will want to suggest doctors and therapies to you. It can get exhausting. I remember when a close relative was in the last months of her life suffering from cancer, and a well-meaning family friend was trying to convince her to fly out to another state to visit a center that he had seen on a television commercial. When my relative politely declined, this friend stomped away muttering, "I guess she doesn't really want to get better." It never occurred to the relative that my relative was just exhausted from trying every possible treatment and was finally coming to grips with the inevitable. 

I'm not saying that this is what's going on with Brooks, but that I understand if he doesn't jump at Shannon's suggestion. 

Right on. Having been a vegan in the past (and doing a lot of research on how that way of eating can help cancer patients), I get how one might feel extremely passionate that a certain way of eating is THE way to go.  BUT, really, once you suggest something ONCE, you need to be done with it.  If that person doesn't take your suggestion - oh well, you might be disappointed.  But you don't keep hammering away at them. But, then again, that seems to be Shannon's m.o. in general.

Ok this is all assuming that Brooks DOES have cancer. I'm going on the (perhaps naïve) assumption that he does, but I guess time will tell...? 

I tried Google to find out how tall Shannon is.  Couldn't find anything.  Anyone want to venture a guess? 

Next to Vicki (who I believe is 5'7) she looked a bit shorter.  (they were both wearing heels)    5' 6" ?   Obviously, I'm obsessed with height / weight ratios.  

I assumed her to be between 5'4" and 5'6" .... of which 134 is still very much in a health weight range!  However, she did look to carry most of her extra weight in her stomach, which is the most dangerous type of fat. So, in short, good for her for being pro-active about it.  She did look pretty good on WWHL last night and mention that she'd lost some weight. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Why do I watch this mess these women are absolutely exhausting. All the crap, tears, drama!

I do not condone any bad behavior from their men but I tell you if I had to be married to one of them. I would probably be an alcoholic, cheating, work-a-holic, absentee, grifter douche bag all rolled ito one!

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 4

I was shocked that when the "medium" said Billy was the special one to their mother that Vicki didn't jump up and start shrieking, "NO NO NO! I AM THE SPECIAL ONE!"

It could not be more obvious that these people who claim to be mediums just train in telling people the generic things they want to hear.  Mom died with no pain.   Mom is so happy to have shed this mortal coil.  Mom has all her teeth in heaven. That one had  to be for Vicki, who I'm sure had been riding her mother about getting the tooth replaced.  If one of the perks of heaven is that we are free of these imperfect bodies, then WTF would she need teeth for???  I guess the medium picked up on Vicki's shallowness pretty swiftly.  The one thing I will give Vicki slack on is that I can understand why pretending a medium is actually talking to her mom and saying everything is okay would be a little comforting.  I have no problem with her needing and wanting to hear those words.  But I will never, ever believe her performance at the bowling alley was real.  Of course it's common for people to momentarily forget their loved one died, especially when they first wake up in the morning.  There will be little moments of habit that cause people to think of this person as still being around - 11 years later I still find myself starting to reach for the phone to call my mom, so I get it, I really do.  It's just that in this particular instance, I think that Vicki had one of those real moments of forgetting, but it happened off camera, so she made a mental note to reenact it later when people were around, for maximum effect and pity.

• Love 9

I believe that people do this because they think it's helping or because they themselves can't accept the fact that their loved one or friend will die. People with cancer are usually pretty educated on their own disease and course of treatment. They discuss this at length with their doctors and they research their disease extensively. They are aware of the options and the prognosis. It's a very sensitive matter suggesting to someone with cancer what they should or shouldn't do. The best approach to use when talking with someone that has cancer is to be supportive of any decision they make and to support their family.

• Love 6