Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Bowling In Heels

• Start Topic

Ha ha, Tamra yelling at Shannon to stop talking about herself at the dinner. STFU

Game night with Megan, no thank you.

Trip to Tahiti yes please and I would wander off on my own to have a great time in between filming "scenes.

Meghan here's a tip for you. At 17 your step daughter will be a legal adult in a year or less and doesn't really want anything from you except forwarding her dads money. A year from now you will probably be long gone and she will still be living off daddy's name and money.

• Love 9
(edited)

Being married to asshole Jimmy sounds awesome, right?  Anyone interested?  Send resumes to Satan Andy.  He's handling all of asshole Jimmy's future Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes arranged marriages.  True, you'll be guaranteed a sexless marriage to a dumpy unpleasant man with a horrible personality, but Satan Andy will guarantee you a spot on the show, so there is that to consider.

Wow, no Katie in sight?  So they had to drag personality-free dull ole Lizzie back in, eh?  Guess they realized by this point Katie's druggie hubby was giving her the boot & she was pretty useless to them?

Lizzie looked good the last time we saw her, but this ep she's back to looking like a drag queen, with Baby Jane curls & horribly exaggerated makeup.  Oy, Lizze, get hair & makeup help -- PLEASE!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

JennyMominFl, can you repeat that please? (LOL)

I feel bad for Shannon, but of course, I'm one of the rare ones who likes her.  Of course, if it was Tamra and Eddie, I'd be cheering him on.  (I'm evil like that.)

• Love 14

I feel bad for Shannon, but of course, I'm one of the rare ones who likes her.  Of course, if it was Tamra and Eddie, I'd be cheering him on.  (I'm evil like that.)

I can't say I really like her. But I can empathsize... Don't know what happened with my post, lol. I fixed it

• Love 2

I actually like Shannon too, but I do think she's neurotic as hell and probably not the easist person to live with.  But she can make me laugh and I'd love to get a drink with her and bitch about something!

• Love 16

I love Heather saying that if Shannon is worried about her weight to just "not eat and hit the gym". Wooow Heather, is that how you do it? The beans were already spilled about your eating disorder honey, and how you get that bony figure.

Bony figure...like Meghan and her skeleton legs in that photo. Disturbing!

Billy is so cute and I feel so badly for him and for Vicki. But really, a medium? Creepy. Ha ha for Tamra busting the guy with the tattoo question that he couldn't answer. What a joke.

I NEVER want to see Brianna dancing on tabletops.

• Love 10

Shannon just said that all of the women knew about the affair before she knew.

I always suspected as much, especially Heather and Terry, since they seem to have mutual friends.

There was some discussion of this on another thread, but some of us last season speculated that this was part of the reason for Terry's aggression towards David. I know that Terry is not well liked around here, but before last season he was well liked by many. I remember some ripping into Heather because she wouldn't get that nice man his onion rings. He was goofy and socially awkward, but not aggressive or mean. I always thought that was why he was so hard on David about the comments lobbed at Heather about ridding the bull. If they knew, as Shannon has said since, that he started the affair right after they began filming, others might have been shocked that he was doing something so reckless at the same time he and his wife opened their life to a reality show.

• Love 18

I don't think Terry gives a damn about Shannon being hurt by David's cheating. The DuBrow's didn't like competing with The Beador's lifestyle. They wanted to have the most money and biggest house. Heather also seemed to feel like she was being replaced by fancy Shannon because she immediately bonded with Tamra and Vicki.

As much as Hayley annoys me I have to wonder if this was a good time for her to be on TV. Is she in therapy or part of a support group? I can't imagine how difficult it would be to witness your parent dying before your eyes as a teenager. I can also see her being spoiled by her parents. Not attending school regularly, not doing homework, freedom and being given a large allowance is a disaster. In the earlier episodes she seemed okay but I cringe for her knowing these episodes will be re-aired for years to come.

I loved Tamra calling out the medium and him getting pissy about needing complete silence. Hahahaha.

The scene at the gym is one of the reasons I still root for Shannon. 

• Love 12

Eh, Shannon had a valid point. If Brooks is existing on fruit smoothies, he's not getting adequate nutrition. There's a reason why they prescribe Jevity and the like to cancer sufferers who can't otherwise manage adequate intake. And I think she was talking about medical doctors who are open to alternative therapies as adjunct therapies because she referred to them as doctors. At least, I hope that is what she was talking about.

I don't think it's right for people to push alternative medical advice on others, but I'm kinda enjoying it here, cuz it's exposing what I think is Brooks fake cancer storyline. He's drinking fruit smoothies? What oncologist or nutritionist would ever recommend this to a cancer patient? Shannon was right - those are full of sugar. And he's lost 42 lbs. in six months due to "juicing?" Not due to the cancer or chemo? And he seemed to say this with self-congratulatory pride. He's full of shit. *

* Speaking of which, I thought Shannon was funny when the median (also fake) told Billy to clean out his insides, and Shannon said - I can help with that...I can find you someone!

• Love 15

Shannon just said that all of the women knew about the affair before she knew.

Unfortunately this is collateral damage with affairs. Total (public) embarrassment for the betrayed person. Also shows why Shannon wanted to know places where David went out with the other woman.
  • Love 17

I don't think Terry gives a damn about Shannon being hurt by David's cheating. The DuBrow's didn't like competing with The Beador's lifestyle. They wanted to have the most money and biggest house. Heather also seemed to feel like she was being replaced by fancy Shannon because she immediately bonded with Tamra and Vicki.

Oh, I don't think he cared about Shannon, I just think he might have thought David was a dick. Or a penis.

• Love 8

So asshole Meghan is envious of Heather's er, "mothering skills" & how she can handle it all?  Very easy, asshole Meghan.  If you're phony-baloney Heather, you hire 10 billion nannies to handle the screaming kids, but only barely show one on camera.

• Love 21

I love Heather saying that if Shannon is worried about her weight to just "not eat and hit the gym". Wooow Heather, is that how you do it? The beans were already spilled about your eating disorder honey, and how you get that bony figure.

Spill, please! I'm always amazed at how tiny Heather is.

Re: Shannon and David - I was of the opinion he was totally over her, but I saw some caring there tonight at their dinner. If she could just get out of her own way, maybe she could have what she wants. It was a great opportunity for her to say thank you, leave it at that, and then focus on the two of them again, but she once again makes it about the affair.

I'm NOT excusing David. It's his fault. I'm just saying that if she wants to repair it, the constant obsession and punishment won't work.

• Love 19

Wow Meghan may have surpassed RHOBH's Taylor as my all-time most disliked "real" housewife!

Her step daughters mother is STILL ALIVE! Stop trying to rush the woman to her grave. You are not Hayley's "cool" parent and never will be.

And get some acting lessons because that "I'm so worried" attempt at fake crying was weak.

• Love 24

Eh, Shannon had a valid point. If Brooks is existing on fruit smoothies, he's not getting adequate nutrition. There's a reason why they prescribe Jevity and the like to cancer sufferers who can't otherwise manage adequate intake. And I think she was talking about medical doctors who are open to alternative therapies as adjunct therapies because she referred to them as doctors. At least, I hope that is what she was talking about.

And at least Meghan and step-daughter will have instagram and twitter to bond over, right? #divorcesucks

Shannon may have a point to a degree but harping on it will only cause resentment from Vicki and Brooks.

I am suspicious of Meghan's stepdaughter's "special ed" classes, or whatever they call them. I wondered if she skips school and made up a story? What is Meghan babbling about raising children? That girl's leaving in less than a year. #ShutupMeghan

"I'll get Mom to babysit for me. Oh, wait...". That brings back memories. :-(

Weren't these gals in Tahiti recently? Or am I thinking of another show?

They were in Bali last season. LOL

• Love 1

I have never seen two people who have less sexual chemistry than Shannon and David. They seem more like a brother and sister. Or an aunt and her nephew.

Well, I though the same thing until Meghan and Jimmy came along.  They have even less than Shannon and David.

• Love 23

I love Heather saying that if Shannon is worried about her weight to just "not eat and hit the gym". Wooow Heather, is that how you do it? The beans were already spilled about your eating disorder honey, and how you get that bony figure.

OK, so I wasn't the only one who laughed at that.

Weren't Tamra and Eddie in Tahiti for that staged proposal?

Why did Vicki and Tamra's limo having to pull over, at the end of the episode, necessitate hysterics and calls to Heather and Brooks? Was it a driverless car, LOL?

Yeah, that was odd!

• Love 3
Because we've seen more of the nanny than we have the dogs.

Well, I'm sure phony-baloney Heather would never have ANY of her 10 billion nannies on camera at all, but I bet she can't stand to be alone with those screaming brat kids for more than one second.

• Love 6

While I am very suspious about "median's" I have experienced some bizarre things in my life. First was a little boy who was run over in the driveway of the house I stayed at with my ex. I didn't know anything about this until I told the owner of the property about a "blue" boy standing at the side of our bed staring at me. I asked him to please go away and he did. Second was my ex who died in a car accident and used to come and speak to me at night. My now husband confirmed also seeing him speaking to me (explained him in detail without ever seeing any pictures or descripition of him). Both experieces did not scare me but were "strange".

• Love 19

OK, so I wasn't the only one who laughed at that.

Weren't Tamra and Eddie in Tahiti for that staged proposal?

Yeah, that was odd!

Yes, that was Tahiti but I thought the original post was asking about the HW trip last season, not the trip with just Tamra/Eddie. LOL

Where is that Chi Center in my hand? Is that real? The guy looked normal..and wasnt draped in crystals ...cone to think of it...why didnt Holistic Hanna know about it already?

• Love 1
(edited)

This alternative school thing sounds like bullshit. Taking a kid who is dealing with a sick parent and isolating her from her friends doesn't seem like a good idea. School could be a "break" for her; a healthy distraction. I don't think that this kid is mature enough to deal with taking her mom to doctor's appointments. Discussing the birth control situation on camera? Seriously, Meghan?

I missed the whole "alternative school" thing, so I'll have to watch again to catch up, but around here, if a student is attending an "alternative school", it is because they are having other issues besides emotional ones....drug or alcohol abuse, juvenile arrest records, multiple suspensions from mainstream school, etc.

But, again, I don't live in the OC, where I think most kids may be a bit more pampered than other places....

Vicks forgot her mom was dead? She's a horrible actress. That scene seemed so fake. Give me a break. She's been consumed by her mother's death. She did not forget.

Meghan is an asshole. She was trying so hard to push out some tears. Her ducts must be blocked. I hear there's a procedure for that. Maybe Terry can perform it pro bono as his human interest story on Botched.

I chuckled at the Shannon workout scenes. I think she looks great. I love that she weighs 134 pounds because so do I!

I agree that Vicki may have been acting during that scene, but I know that type of thing can happen.  It happened to me, after my Dad passed away.  It was about a week after his funeral, and I was really not in a good frame of mind.  I woke up one morning, went through the motions, and picked up the phone, dialed his phone number at the nursing home, and when someone else answered the line, I completely lost it and fell apart over again with the realization that he was really gone.

I also agree with the rest of your post, though....Meghan was trying just a little too hard to squeeze tears from those cold, calculating eyes of hers....I'm surprised she didn't cover her face with her hands and start fake sobbing, so no one could she wasn't really crying!!

I think Shannon looks great, but more because I am her exact size, as well.  And, I could probably use a bit of tightening up in the stomach area, too!    ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4
(edited)

Shannon may have a point to a degree but harping on it will only cause resentment from Vicki and Brooks.

Also, Tamra and Eddie went to Bora Bora for the engagement trip.  

I was shocked that not one of them knew that Moorea is part of the Tahitian Islands (along with Bora Bora) - especially Miss Know-it-all Heather!!  And, of course, Tamra ~~ she and Eddie were only about an hour and half away from Moorea.

Loved how they all had to pull out their phones and start googling, and then, NO ONE knew how to spell it!!!  

These women really are stupid and ignorant!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

Shannon is an idiot. It's parents like her who produce teen mothers. She doesn't think a 17 year old should be on birth control or even be talked to about it?

Both my son and daughter knew about every form of birth control before they were even teenagers. It's not a free ticket to sex and they never thought it was. It was simply making sure they were prepared for the inevitable.

It's so important to be open and honest with kids about sex.

Like I said...Shannon is an idiot.

• Love 23
(edited)

I love Heather saying that if Shannon is worried about her weight to just "not eat and hit the gym". Wooow Heather, is that how you do it? The beans were already spilled about your eating disorder honey, and how you get that bony figure.

Bony figure...like Meghan and her skeleton legs in that photo. Disturbing!

Billy is so cute and I feel so badly for him and for Vicki. But really, a medium? Creepy. Ha ha for Tamra busting the guy with the tattoo question that he couldn't answer. What a joke.

I NEVER want to see Brianna dancing on tabletops.

Heather never said to "not eat". She said stop eating and that was because the entire time Shannon was complaining about her weight she was stuffing food into her mouth.

I'd have said the exact same thing.

I'm underweight and get so sick of being accused of having an eating disorder. Some of us were just born that way.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10

I missed the whole "alternative school" thing, so I'll have to watch again to catch up, but around here, if a student is attending an "alternative school", it is because they are having other issues besides emotional ones....drug or alcohol abuse, juvenile arrest records, multiple suspensions from mainstream school, etc.

But, again, I don't live in the OC, where I think most kids may be a bit more pampered than other places....

I agree that Vicki may have been acting during that scene, but I know that type of thing can happen.  It happened to me, after my Dad passed away.  It was about a week after his funeral, and I was really not in a good frame of mind.  I woke up one morning, went through the motions, and picked up the phone, dialed his phone number at the nursing home, and when someone else answered the line, I completely lost it and fell apart over again with the realization that he was really gone.

I also agree with the rest of your post, though....Meghan was trying just a little too hard to squeeze tears from those cold, calculating eyes of hers....I'm surprised she didn't cover her face with her hands and start fake sobbing, so no one could she wasn't really crying!!

I think Shannon looks great, but more because I am her exact size, as well.  And, I could probably use a bit of tightening up in the stomach area, too!    ;-)

Meghan's explanation about alternative school was that her step daughter takes/drives her mom to the Drs and for treatment. Something that a 17 year old should not be doing, at least not by herself nor all the time IMO but I am not sure that Meghan was telling the truth.

• Love 8

Okay, this is off topic, but everytime I see Jill Kargman on the Odd Mom Out commercials, I want to slug her.

I don't think I'm shallow but her "look" is too distracting, her voice grates, and I tried, but I just don't like the show. I'm a bad person.

On topic, SHUT UP MEGAN! I knew I should've kept FFWDing through her segments. Headbands are not her friend. She needs to have many seats. I'm not a parent and I'm pissed at her. I'd take Jesus jugs' brand of cray over her. I want Vicks to put her in a cage ala the old SNL sketch about Debbie Matenopoulos.

I wish Shannon and David would just call it quits. They are painful to watch. I wonder if the kids would rather see them apart than hear mom and dad's anger-laced, passive aggressive comments to each other in that condescending "mommy and daddy need to talk in the pantry" tone because that's like totally normal.

• Love 4

Shannon is an idiot. It's parents like her who produce teen mothers. She doesn't think a 17 year old should be on birth control or even be talked to about it?

Both my son and daughter knew about every form of birth control before they were even teenagers. It's not a free ticket to sex and they never thought it was. It was simply making sure they were prepared for the inevitable.

It's so important to be open and honest with kids about sex.

Like I said...Shannon is an idiot.

I don't think Shannon objected to the education but the dispensing of the birth control to a minor who claims to not be sexually active.  I am hoping Hayley takes it because I don't think she needs to be reproducing in the near future for the good of society.  Again with this being a minor child I find it in incredibly poor taste that Meghan is discussing on camera that the girl takes birth control.  I think a lot of liberties were taking without the parents thinking things through. 

Heather never said to "not eat". She said stop eating and that was because the entire time Shannon was complaining about her weight she was stuffing food into her mouth.

I'd have said the exact same thing.

Heather made the comment in a talking head-not at the table.  I never saw Shannon stuffing food in her mouth.  I think she commented on all the food and the salad looked good. 

• Love 18

I kind of liked this episode. Although it seemed like all of the ladies were wearing a ton of make-up in this episode. Haley doesn't really bother me, she seems like a normal 17 year old to me. She's not an academic, where I do think Meghan did really well in school and was a high achiever. Haley just isn't geared that way, and that's fine. Not everyone is made for college.

Tamra and Eddie's scene was pretty planned out. Tamra's scenes with Eddie usually are usually "storyline." I think their relationship is fine. He's growing on me, I like him because he's very hard working and seems stable mentally. Tamra herself has become so much more chill and relaxed. 

Loved that dragon bracelet. That was gorgeous. 

• Love 3

Nice bracelet David gave to Shannon as a shut the hell up gift.

I found it online.  Not cheap either.  http://www.neimanmarcus.com/John-Hardy-Naga-Enamel-Ombre-Coil-Bracelet-with-Pave-White-Sapphires/prod172440293/p.prod

Weight loss isn't exactly the goal with cancer treatment...*eye roll*

And neither is someone's death.  Did anyone hear Shannon say to Vicki, "you're so skinny" when she was in her kitchen and Vicki said "thanks so much, I love you even more now."  Everything is about Vicki, isn't it?  

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Shannon objected to the education but the dispensing of the birth control to a minor who claims to not be sexually active. I am hoping Hayley takes it because I don't think she needs to be reproducing in the near future for the good of society. Again with this being a minor child I find it in incredibly poor taste that Meghan is discussing on camera that the girl takes birth control. I think a lot of liberties were taking without the parents thinking things through.

Heather made the comment in a talking head-not at the table. I never saw Shannon stuffing food in her mouth. I think she commented on all the food and the salad looked good.

I realize that Heather made the comment in her talking head and not at the table, I never said otherwise. If somebody is complaining about their weight while stuffing food in her mouth, or eating if you prefer, then stop eating so much and hit the gym.

I'm just saying that I don't think there is anything wrong with Heather saying that.

I'm done with this now.

Edited to remove double negative.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

I do enjoy Tamra when she's not picking on a castmate or stirring the pot.  I laughed when she trapped the medium in his little game, and then again in the limo when she was said, "WHO'S HAVING SEX?" then looked at Vicki over the grandma comment.  I might actually believe the tension between her and Eddie simply because he doesn't seem like he'd be a great actor.  I do think that Tamra is getting back into real estate because Cut Fitness isn't cutting it moneywise.

Doesn't surprise me that Brooks is drinking fruit smoothies only.  That's a rookie mistake.  You have to limit the natural sugars in those otherwise it's all pointless.  Get a Vitamix, add some greens, some fiber, some proteins (nut butters), some unsweetened nondairy beverage.  You juice fruits only, you may as well go to the store and buy juice from the shelf.

I had no idea that David's affair went on for so long.  It really sounds like he had a full-on relationship, not just a fling for sex.  Wow.  Did not KNOW.  And no gift for Valentine's Day? That's just mean.

I can't help but think that Vicki is going to milk her mother's death for every ounce of attention that she can.  She is so needy, it almost isn't real.

Meghan's teenager seems aimless, listless, unmotivated and spoiled.  GREAT combination.  That kid is going to flounder through life unless she gets some guidance asap.  Meghan's bawling over it was weird, though. I didn't buy those tears for a second.  She's really bad at this reality show thing.

• Love 9

This alternative school thing sounds like bullshit. Taking a kid who is dealing with a sick parent and isolating her from her friends doesn't seem like a good idea. School could be a "break" for her; a healthy distraction. I don't think that this kid is mature enough to deal with taking her mom to doctor's appointments. Discussing the birth control situation on camera? Seriously, Meghan?

I'm glad that Tamra called out the "median."

I like how Vicki pretended to choose the housewife trip. Vicki's participation was probably being included at the end of a long e-mail chain sent by production after they finalized resort sponsorship and obtained permission to film.

I'm wondering if Ryan's arrest will be featured on the show. They're still filming, right?

Gimi, I missed Ryan was arrested?  What for?

• Love 3
(edited)

"Oh, it's like just sooooo hard being a parent."  What was that sound I just heard?  Every parent in America slapping the absolute shit outta asshole Meghan thru their TV's?

Stepparents (like myself)  and step-kids are also getting in the "Slap Meghan line." 

Seriously, Meghan's been married to Jimmy for a hot minute; why does she think she needs to "parent" a 17 year old who is on her second stepmother?    Haley is doing "independent study" and not very well it sounds like, but I don't know why that would be on Meghan to monitor the teenager's homework or lecture her about expectations she has for Haley and her father's money.  She doesn't even live with Meghan and Jimmy does she?    Taking her mother to doctor's appointments?  Her mother has a husband for that, this girl should be in school and with her friends -not hanging out with her father's Wife of The Month. 

The birth control thing is crazy!  That's not Meghan's job.  Haley has a mother. Meghan needs to just be there for Haley, as a friend, she has parents. 

Vicks forgot her mom was dead? She's a horrible actress. That scene seemed so fake. Give me a break. She's been consumed by her mother's death. She did not forget.

I don't know, it didn't seem fake to me.  When someone dies abruptly that can happen.  It's happened to me, not with my mother but it happens.  I can be caught up in the moment and completely forget.  Then it hits you all over again. 

Meghan here's a tip for you. At 17 your step daughter will be a legal adult in a year or less and doesn't really want anything from you except forwarding her dads money. A year from now you will probably be long gone and she will still be living off daddy's name and money.

Haha!  True. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Shannon's remarks in the limousine made it seem like she was contending that providing an adolescent with birth control is synonymous with a communication of cart blanche vis-a-vis sex. I disagree with that premise; it's simply establishing insurance should the inevitability of sex occur sooner rather than later . . . I don't think Hailey is a good kid who's just not meant to go to college (though I agree it's not for everyone). She apparently literally not doing the work that's been assigned to her. I assume Meghan must be hesitant to lay down the law because it's really as simple as telling the kid that her ass isn't leaving the house until she completes her homework, a responsibility with which she should be well acquainted by her junior or senior year in high school. Take away the keys to her car, take away her credit cards, and tell her that she still has obligations to fulfill even with her mother's situation. She can even complete problem sets or reading at her mom's bedside, in waiting rooms, etc . . . I've never really understood the anti-Meghan consensus but I have to say - insulting her acting abilities? C'mon, that's just beyond the pale; she's been able to summon *some* moisture in all of the appropriate scenes. Old Faithful we're not but, hey, at least we're welling so it's not the bone-dry sniffling of Tamra or the New Jersey broads (some of whom had to resort to burying their faces in each others necks in order to mask the lack of tears when Tre got sentenced) . . .

• Love 4

Tamra says Eddie is grouchy and moody.  Hmmm, he's married to you.   I can imagine he would be.

Now comes the 'lay the foundation for Cut closing' crap.  CCC.  TM Lab.  She loves selling real estate now.  Look what happened to Shannon when she chopped David's nuts off.  She's 51% he's 49%.  We can't work together, blah blah blah, I need something of my own, blah *cough bullshit cough*.  He's probably tired of backpacks thrown in the hallways and now comes the grandkids/stepgrandkids.  They aren't his kids.  Tamra's setting up for next season, "CCC".  

• Love 9

Amen.  I absolutely believe that sometimes when a person loses a loved one there are moments that they forget, and have to deal with the realization all over again, which hits like a ton of bricks.   I also absolutely believe that this was not one of those times, because it's Vicki, and because it looked very much like she took a beat before she said it, and then went Full Drama afterward - all that was left to do was pretend to faint, but she probably didn't want to have to lay on the bowling alley floor.   Everyone was having way too much fun during the game of bowling that was meant to cheer Vicki up, she had to do SOMETHING to remind everyone that she can't be cheered up because her mommy died.  Yes, she needs their love and support now more than ever, so don't stop with the attention, just know that it's not enough and never will be, okay ladies?

She likes to say how worried she is about Brooks, how worried she is about Brianna (what is to worry about with Brianna?  Did I miss something?), she just worries so much about everyone except herself!  But having to "get away from all the stress in her life" while Brooks is so unwell tells the true story.  Tahiti is a lot farther away than Bass Lake.

• Love 19

I can't help but think that Vicki is going to milk her mother's death for every ounce of attention that she can.  She is so needy, it almost isn't real.

Andy should make a drinking game on how many times Vicki says, "My Mom!"  Sheesh!  Everyone participating would die of alcohol poisoning.

• Love 5