Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Two

Adam is offered an interesting proposal, with the final elimination ceremony right around the corner. Meanwhile, Rachel is pulled between Jeremy and Adam; and Chet makes a decision about his relationship with Quinn.

As a reminder - preview conversation for the next episode should not be discussed in this topic. Thank you!

• Love 1
(edited)

WTF Chet?!  I spent most of the episode feeling warm fuzzies towards him because not only was he legit leaving his wife for Quinn, he was willing to pay $50 mil to fast-track things so he could marry her ASAP.  I clearly forgot what show I was watching, because OF COURSE that couldn't last. That scene with Rachel in the car was really scary.  I'm still not sure what he was trying to accomplish with that. Was he trying to show Rachel that she was a kindred spirit with the same lust for thrill and power that he has or was he showing her that he would wreck her @%&$ if she didn't come through for him?  And then with the PA?! Ugh so gross.  I'm glad Quinn found out, though I'm not sure what she's planning on doing with that info.  Marry him and take him to the cleaners immediately?

Jeremy, too little too late dude.  He waited too long and Rachel ended up catching feelings for someone else.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 8

Thanks for reminding me of how awful Chet really is. Of course he would cheat on Quinn right after proposing. He cheated with Quinn. I knew the intern girl was up to no good. I also have this sneaky suspicion that she's also Quinn's long-lost daughter. That or I just read too many Jackie Collins novels.

Of course Shamiqua is dumped and Adam would keep Faith. They barely showed her at all. She was barely a character.

So Rachel slept with Adam on purpose so that Quinn could blackmail him with the tape, yes? There was no way the network was going to sign off on the deal she pitched him about the renovation and getting the winery back. I just wonder what Quinn's plan for Chet is. Why agree to marry him right away?

• Love 4

So Rachel slept with Adam on purpose so that Quinn could blackmail him with the tape, yes? 

It's possible, but I didn't take it that way.  I think Rachel really likes him.  Not love mind you, but more than lust.   Why else would she deliberately sabotage Grace and push him towards Anna?  Both are "her" girls, so she gets the winner bonus either way.  I thought she was siding with Anna because Adam doesn't really feel anything for her.  Plus, her facial expression when Adam was talking to Anna towards the end made me think Rachel felt uncomfortable listening to him schmooze another girl that way.   And then there's the fact that she choose to sleep with him instead of meeting Jeremy.   I think standing him up was a pretty big deal.

• Love 7

Loved all the manipulations. Rachel to Adam. Rachel to Adam. Chet to Quinn. Adam to Anna. Pick virtually any combination of two characters and you have no idea what their real motivations are.

Thought the Chet betrayal storyline was a little too telegraphed. It's unfortunate for the show that I don't care about Jeremy/Lizzie. It's bad for the show I'm not that interested in Chet/Quinn.

To everyone surprise especially Quinn, but I actually believe that Faith is going to win this whole thing. Unlike the other girls, Adam genuinely has fun with Faith and I could totally see him marrying his buddy if he is going to be stuck for the next year married to anyone. 

What was that flashdrive that Quinn has locked in her safe about?

• Love 11

So much wrongness by people this episode. Chet and the PA, Chet, Rachel in the car. Potentially Rachel with Adam, depending on if she slept with him to score the show deal, that could go either way, really. But the wrongness that actually made me laugh was Chet's ex about drinking while pregnant: "At my age, it's 50/50 it's a flipper baby anyway."

• Love 14
So Rachel slept with Adam on purpose so that Quinn could blackmail him with the tape, yes? There was no way the network was going to sign off on the deal she pitched him about the renovation and getting the winery back. I just wonder what Quinn's plan for Chet is. Why agree to marry him right away?

I don't know what Quinn could use to blackmail Adam.  He already has a sex tape out there.

Adam's ethics were kind of hilarious considering what he was willing to do to get Everlasting.  He should have thought of things to get in order to do the show. 

Chet sleeping with the PA was predictable.  I should have seen it coming last week but I definitely saw it coming this week.  I'm very intrigued by Quinn and Chet.  Why is he in such a rush after 8 years?  Is her plan to take him to the cleaners or once she's in is she in for a while? 

• Love 1

But the wrongness that actually made me laugh was Chet's ex about drinking while pregnant: "At my age, it's 50/50 it's a flipper baby anyway."

I gasped. I'm still shocked by that, but the actress pulled that off, and WOW these people are horrible!

I've said it before, I'll say it again...I can't look away. This show has me in it's grip.

• Love 14

So much wrongness by people this episode. Chet and the PA, Chet, Rachel in the car. Potentially Rachel with Adam, depending on if she slept with him to score the show deal, that could go either way, really. But the wrongness that actually made me laugh was Chet's ex about drinking while pregnant: "At my age, it's 50/50 it's a flipper baby anyway."

People were acting so horrible in this episod that drinking hard liquor and characterizing a baby with developmental disabilities as "flipper"doesn't even get the wife on the recap's list of monstrous people. I was so stunned by her, I didn't have any room left for outrage.

I'm wondering if Quinn becomes like Rachel last year and crashes Chet's car in the Everlasting finale.

• Love 2

This show seems to shift between an "insider" view of reality shows and being an actual soap opera. This episode felt super soapy. We also learn that yes, Rachel did know about Gace's claustrophobia.

The funny part about those spa dates is that the kind of selective editing that must have been used again reminds me of "Who Wants to Marry Ryan Banks?"

I knew as soon as that PA talked to Chet, she'd end up giving him a Grace.

Most of this episode was about wanting what you can't have or not wanting what you do have. Chet has Quinn, but he wants more. Jeremy wants Rachel and she doesn't want him. Adam wants Rachel and rachel wants a show. Apparently, Chet's wife wanted to trap him with a flipper baby.

• Love 1

No surprise that Adam and Rachel hooked up, that was pretty well telegraphed. As for Anna, she's an ambitious hustler herself, she just got outplayed by Rachel. Anna may still get to play the bride, but if she really believes there is any emotion involved, she is pretty delusional for a lawyer. After what, 8 weeks, she should be clued in by now that this is all about the deal, nothing more.

Chet is monstrous and amoral, but amusing...at least at a safe distance. And yes, PA with the braids has a game plan of her own...she just made her first move.

But even watching closely I am confused. Quinn ditched her wedding ring in the safe, and removed the flash drive...but how did she get the Adam/Rachel hookup on tape? Is Adam's bedroom on a monitor? And why keep the ring in the safe? Yeah Quinn will exact revenge, and Rachel may just be collateral damage, because these people are all loathsome, but insanely watchable.

Writers are doing a great job, so are the actors. 

• Love 2

To everyone surprise especially Quinn, but I actually believe that Faith is going to win this whole thing. Unlike the other girls, Adam genuinely has fun with Faith and I could totally see him marrying his buddy if he is going to be stuck for the next year married to anyone. 

Yeah I think so too. For one shes the easiest to blackmail. If Adam chooses Anna she could totally spill hell I could see her taking a knife to Adam if she figures out she being played.  Faith makes more sense because she has the most at risk she could never burn down the Everlasting house on her way out the door. Plus I could see the network loving a hillbilly in London society angle that Faith could bring to the show. 

• Love 6

It's possible, but I didn't take it that way.  I think Rachel really likes him.  Not love mind you, but more than lust.   Why else would she deliberately sabotage Grace and push him towards Anna?  Both are "her" girls, so she gets the winner bonus either way.  I thought she was siding with Anna because Adam doesn't really feel anything for her.  Plus, her facial expression when Adam was talking to Anna towards the end made me think Rachel felt uncomfortable listening to him schmooze another girl that way.   And then there's the fact that she choose to sleep with him instead of meeting Jeremy.   I think standing him up was a pretty big deal.

I do think that she's attracted to Adam on some level, and that sabotaging Grace had to do with that. But sleeping with him in the end seemed like her "manipulative bitch" mode. There's no way the show she pitched to Adam is ever going to come to fruition. She needs to deliver Adam for next season and the only way he's showing up is if he gets paid, and Rachel and Adam seem to be dealing in the same currency. I don't think she was picking Adam over Jeremy in that last scene, she was picking the show over her own happiness (I don't buy that Jeremy is what Rachel needs, or that he'll bring her happiness, only that Rachel seems to think that Jeremy is what she wants.)

• Love 3
(edited)

There have always been cameras in the bedrooms. That's how Rachel knew about Grace and Adam. They shut the cameras down when Mary killed herself but Rachel has to know the camera is back on in Adam's bedroom which is why I think the sleeping with Adam is part of the plan, not that she doesn't want to sleep with him anyway.

I'm now starting to wonder if the flashdrive has the footage of Faith coming out and Quinn is going to use that in some way.

I also agree with Rachel ended up a little jealous of Anna. She was probably already bothered by Grace and jumped on the excuse of Grace letting the spinoff slip (seriously, like five minutes after the meeting? Really, Grace??) and that's why she starting pushing Anna on Adam. Then Adam worked his magic and things looked a little too real.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 2

I don't know what Quinn could use to blackmail Adam.  He already has a sex tape out there.

Adam's ethics were kind of hilarious considering what he was willing to do to get Everlasting.  He should have thought of things to get in order to do the show. 

Chet sleeping with the PA was predictable.  I should have seen it coming last week but I definitely saw it coming this week.  I'm very intrigued by Quinn and Chet.  Why is he in such a rush after 8 years?  Is her plan to take him to the cleaners or once she's in is she in for a while? 

Yeah, I'm confused why Quinn sees the sex tape with Rachel as any sort of leverage against Adam. He's already had a sex tape released, was caught sexting his ex, and has been caught with hookers. If none of that embarrassed him then releasing another sex tape of him sleeping with a production crew member won't embarrass him either. 

Funnily enough, I was actually kind of shocked about Chet sleeping with the PA. I guess I should have seen it coming, but I thought he was really serious about wanting to make a commitment to Quinn. He chose to leave his wife for her which I never thought he'd do. I guess this goes show that Chet will always remain a cheating sleazebag no matter whom he's with. 

• Love 4

I don't think Faith's girlfriend would appreciate it if Faith spent a year married (or even faux-married) to Adam.

She made her choice. She didn't want to be out with Faith, so I don't think there should be any expectations. Besides, Faith seems incapable of even faking attraction to Adam.

Yeah, I'm confused why Quinn sees the sex tape with Rachel as any sort of leverage against Adam. He's already had a sex tape released, was caught sexting his ex, and has been caught with hookers. If none of that embarrassed him then releasing another sex tape of him sleeping with a production crew member won't embarrass him either. 

If Rachel is playing Adam, she's trying to use his hero instinct against him. His sex tape adventures are publicized, but Rachel's (with Jeremy) was on a much lower scale. Although if she is playing him, I think Adam will find out at some point, like after the wedding.

• Love 2

She made her choice. She didn't want to be out with Faith, so I don't think there should be any expectations. Besides, Faith seems incapable of even faking attraction to Adam.

If Rachel is playing Adam, she's trying to use his hero instinct against him. His sex tape adventures are publicized, but Rachel's (with Jeremy) was on a much lower scale. Although if she is playing him, I think Adam will find out at some point, like after the wedding.

It didn't occur to me that Rachel was playing Adam. I thought sleeping with him was her just finally doing something about her growing attraction to him. 

• Love 5

There have always been cameras in the bedrooms. That's how Rachel knew about Grace and Adam. They shut the cameras down when Mary killed herself but Rachel has to know the camera is back on in Adam's bedroom which is why I think the sleeping with Adam is part of the plan, not that she doesn't want to sleep with him anyway.

This just doesn't seem likely to me.  Not because I don't think Rachel could be that manipulative with Adam or that she'd be above using her body to make a deal, but because I can't see how having a sex tape with Adam would serve as leverage.  Adam's already voluntarily released one sex tape this year.  He might not be thrilled to let another one leak, but it's doubtful that that would be enough to make him sign up for the spin off that he didn't want to be on.  Plus, Rachel has to know that Adam's affection toward her is one of her strongest tools in her kit to get him to do what she wants.  Using sex between them as a means to trap him would likely kill that. Rachel's a smooth operator, and part of what makes her so good is she knows just how far to push her subjects.  She never makes the mistake that Shia always used to where she pushed so hard she ended up insulting the people she needed to help her.

And I just don't buy the idea that this video could inspire Adam to feel protective of Rachel if Rachel's plan is for Quinn to be the one doing the blackmail.  Rachel hasn't laid the seeds with Adam that she's the sort of person who needs someone to stick up for her, or that she's the sort of person who would be devastated by a sex tape getting out.

• Love 3

I'm 50/50 whether Rachel deliberately seduced Adam; there's plenty of evidence for either side.

Why is anyone, especially Quinn, surprised that Chet cheated? Hasn't he been doing blow with hookers all season and inviting various Everlasting crew along for the ride? That was the one thing that didn't ring true for me - there's no way Quinn didn't already know exactly how much of a horndog he is.

• Love 2

I'm 50/50 whether Rachel deliberately seduced Adam; there's plenty of evidence for either side.

Why is anyone, especially Quinn, surprised that Chet cheated? Hasn't he been doing blow with hookers all season and inviting various Everlasting crew along for the ride? That was the one thing that didn't ring true for me - there's no way Quinn didn't already know exactly how much of a horndog he is.

She's definitely aware that Chet's a horndog. Chet's soon-to-be ex wife is pregnant so she knows he was still sleeping with his wife while he was also sleeping with her. I think she got caught up in the moment when Chet proposed to her and hadn't had time to consider yet what their relationship would be like when they're married.

• Love 5

I keep thinking that, but I feel like the main reason that won't happen is that I would actually want it to, because it would be a happy ending.  I would definitely watch a show about Faith and Adam's fake marriage if Everlasting was real, though.

• Love 4

But the wrongness that actually made me laugh was Chet's ex about drinking while pregnant: "At my age, it's 50/50 it's a flipper baby anyway."

This will go down as one of the most memorable lines ever written by anyone on TV. I would love to sit in on the storyline development sessions with these people.

• Love 17

This is hands down the best show of the summer. I am not rooting for anyone. As a Shiri Appleby I am secretly rooting for her. I don't think she picks either guy. I just want to watch the last 2 episodes and read all the spoilers. I can't take all the waiting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Truth.  I laughed in shock.

It didn't occur to me that Adam would choose Faith but that would definitely allow them both to hook up with people outside the marriage.

Tara's post about the episode also made me think too.  It is interesting we never heard about the charges being dropped.  Is it possible she had the opportunity to leave but she chose to stay instead?  Quinn implied Rachel didn't have ethics before which would make her damn near flawless at her job.  I'm surprised she wants to stay after waffling all season but this came along just as she was completely sucked in.  Remember at the beginning of the season when she was getting therapy and really trying?  It looks like that's out of her system now.

Rachel pretty much told Jeremy to his face that they just had grief sex so I don't feel too bad for him.

That scene with Chet and Rachel in the car was on one level him giving her a pep talk that she was capable of doing anything.  The other level was that he was willing to hold down the gas pedal of a woman who was sure she could not keep them alive at that pace, just for the power and thrill.  It is the shortsighted, power crazed thinking of someone who would get a BJ at work, mere steps away from his fiancee.

@TiffanyNichelle if the PA is Quinn's daughter, that would be perfect.  Season finale stuff.

Edited by gpgurl50
  • Love 2

Would someone remind me of what happened with the ownership of the vinyard earlier this season? I thought Adam had sex with Chet's friend's wife to get investment money, but this episode Adsm said it was being turned into Everlasting Spa. So does Adam still own the vinyard or does it belong to Chet and/or his friend?

• Love 1

Love to read the comments, but re the ring...why stash that in the safe? Quinn's revenge should be epic, but if she is playing Chet, why lose the ring. Won't he notice?

Also, I am seriously grossed out...monitors in the bedrooms? Really? What person would sign up for that? Ok don't answer...there is nothing these folks won't throw on the table.

With the possible exception of Faith, if a meteor landed on the set, it would be no great loss...though have it happen when Chet's ex-wife is visiting.

• Love 1

Quinn should sell the ring and take the money and run. Though knowing Chet, it's probably CZ. Heh.

I loved the faces of the women when the host was giving them his hard-earned "wisdom." That guy is so great with the tiny amount he's given.

I don't quite get Adam's indignation at the show wanting him to marry one of the women. Isn't that the whole point? And frankly, I don't see how going on a terrible American reality show is such a step up for his reputation in the first place. He should have stayed in England and done charity work if wanted to rehab his hookers-and-blow image.

Shaniqua's parting comment under her breath was funny. I wish they'd done a bit more with her. 

• Love 5

Ah, Chet, the personification of the Scorpion story. It is indeed in his nature.

I'm not sure why the show is so hung up on an actual marriage. A proposal, followed by a season-long engagement should do the trick.

• Love 5

My DVR cut off right about the time Quinn was pulling the flash drive out of the safe. Could it be something she has on Chet? She marries him and then uses whatever is on that drive to keep him under her thumb? I could see Chet having big skeletons in his closet. 

• Love 1
I'm not sure why the show is so hung up on an actual marriage. A proposal, followed by a season-long engagement should do the trick.

Yeah, I'd think the tease of a marriage and its subsequent cancellation at the end would be more valuable to ratings than an actual marriage. 

(edited)

This show will do something shocking at the end. What that is I don't know? I am dying to find out. I did find something out about season 2 that I posted in the spoiler and news thread.

Edited by earlbny

Yeah I think so too. For one shes the easiest to blackmail. If Adam chooses Anna she could totally spill hell I could see her taking a knife to Adam if she figures out she being played.  Faith makes more sense because she has the most at risk she could never burn down the Everlasting house on her way out the door. Plus I could see the network loving a hillbilly in London society angle that Faith could bring to the show. 

I agree. And I do see a genuine friendship between the two of them. I think the only wrinkle might be that she was likely raised to think that marriage is forever, so even though she obviously doesn't love Adam, she might balk at the fraud aspect of the deal.

My DVR cut off right about the time Quinn was pulling the flash drive out of the safe. Could it be something she has on Chet? She marries him and then uses whatever is on that drive to keep him under her thumb? I could see Chet having big skeletons in his closet. 

I'm sure that's it. She seems to be letting go of the love aspect (and really, in 8 years he only said he loved her once and it was written on a cast?) and moving toward the "how do I get mine?" aspect. It's likely something that will secure her financially if she marries him.

My TiVo cut off right before the Adam-Rachel boning, but I knew that was coming.

Best line: "At my age, 50/50 it's a flipper baby anyway." Worst line: "Why are you letting Adam get all up in your vag?" Terrible line, terrible delivery.

• Love 4

Adam also believes in marriage which is one of the reasons he didn't want to do a fake marriage for a show.

BTW before I settled on the girl being Quinn's daughter theory I also wondered if she was Chet's. But that one scene blew that out of the water. I think that's a line even this show won't cross.

• Love 2
Chet is monstrous and amoral, but amusing...at least at a safe distance. And yes, PA with the braids has a game plan of her own...she just made her first move.

Chet is almost a cartoonish evil.  He is GREAT for fictional shows like this but I would never, NEVER, want to work or be in the general vicinity of anyone like that. 

Oh NOoo not....Madison (?) girl with the braids--she was the last innocent in my eyes, well except for Faith maybe.  I too think Faith will win this thing but I use the word win very loosely because what does she get?  A fake marriage with Adam?  More t.v. time?  Which all means more time away from her true love back home.

• Love 3

I always thought Madison was too young to work on a show like this. She looks like she is still in HS. I guess she is not as inocent as she seems.

I think she Rachel has to know but then maybe love got in the way and she forgot.

I think everyone is playing everyone.

I think were in for a surprise ending. This show does not play by the rules. I just want to find out already.

I'm doubtful that Adam would pick Faith, largely because he does like and respect her. I don't think he'd put her in that position unless he knew that was something she'd want. Faith joined Everlasting because she was hoping that meeting the right guy would "cure" her of her romantic thoughts towards Amy. Now that that's over, why would she ever agree to stick around for a spin off? She has a home she clearly loves, a grandmother not well enough to live on her own, and a relationship she's ready to take to the next level. She's got too much going on in her life for it to make sense for her to be willing to commit another year to being on reality television. I also think Faith's too honest to be comfortable faking an engagement, never mind a marriage.

Could the show blackmail her into it? Sure, but why would they do that when they have two other willing candidates who they seem to prefer to her? We've seen Quinn's disgusted reaction to the adorable mud fight between Faith and Adam. That's not the sort of romance she wants to build a show around, no matter how much the fake (and real!) audience likes Faith.

Would someone remind me of what happened with the ownership of the vinyard earlier this season? I thought Adam had sex with Chet's friend's wife to get investment money, but this episode Adsm said it was being turned into Everlasting Spa. So does Adam still own the vinyard or does it belong to Chet and/or his friend?

Adam does still own the vineyard, but branding it as the Everlasting Resort and Spa was one of the conditions for their investment for the property. Sex with the wife was to "seal the deal" and came up after Adam had already been pitched the Everlasting Resort and Spa idea.

No surprise that Adam and Rachel hooked up, that was pretty well telegraphed. As for Anna, she's an ambitious hustler herself, she just got outplayed by Rachel. Anna may still get to play the bride, but if she really believes there is any emotion involved, she is pretty delusional for a lawyer. After what, 8 weeks, she should be clued in by now that this is all about the deal, nothing more.

But even watching closely I am confused. Quinn ditched her wedding ring in the safe, and removed the flash drive...but how did she get the Adam/Rachel hookup on tape? Is Adam's bedroom on a monitor? And why keep the ring in the safe? Yeah Quinn will exact revenge, and Rachel may just be collateral damage, because these people are all loathsome, but insanely watchable.

Writers are doing a great job, so are the actors. 

I think Anna just wants to WIN. She may have the idea that she and Adam could really develop feelings for each other, but I think once she's out of the fishbowl she's the only one realistic enough to see things clearly, but still play the game. AND I think she's the only one who could pull off the charade of being "newlyweds".

I was on edge of my seat during the car scene. I believe I even let out a small scream. Holy moly.

I just knew that the intern was going to show that she was willing to go there. She's probably just what Rachel and Quinn were like when they were green. Observant, ambitious, ubiquitous; watchful, and taking it all it. She knew Chet was the power.

I don't know what's on the USB but I am content to wait and see what other seedy delights this show has to offer. I love every second.

• Love 2

Odd thought:

What if this is a plot and Adam/Rachel are trying to get caught? She knows they are on camera, and from last week's seemingly irrelevant piece of dialogue with Anna, we know that Adam has figured out how to turn off the cameras.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the release of this sex tape will be different because there's no way to spin it to be ok.  Adam went on this show to rehab his image and the release of this tape (banging a producer with only 3 women left) will show that he hasn't changed and the WHOLE thing was a lie.  It would likely also mean that the network and the investors could pull out of the Everlasting Winery and Spa idea and then he's back to square one - although possible in worse condition than the first episode.  That's my thought anyways.

Boy, Jeremy doesn't know how to put the brakes on, does he?  You had grief sex, dude...and maybe Rachel would have been willing to be the side piece for a while...but trying to get her into a relationship immediately?  Bad idea. 

ETA:  It's sad how totally addicted I am to this show.  It's like I"m Chet and this show is oral sex...can't get enough.

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 4

A Faith season of Royal Marriage would be perfect, and Rachel would make it great TV - Adam could agree to it because she'd be least hurt by a year of fake marriage (and probably most tolerable- they're both going into it knowing it's never going to become anything else.)

Then the front half of the season, you've got Faith doing the fish-out-of-water thing, as Adam becomes more absorbed by his winery. The second half of the season is about Faith "discovering" her sexuality, "coming out" to herself and Adam (bonus points if it starts with Faith's friend visiting and them having a threesome) and you get to end the series with them splitting up amicably and moving on to new possibilities.

Does Everlasting alternate male and female principals like Bachelor/Bachelorette? If so, then Grace gets to star next season.

• Love 7

I think the calculus as to who Adam will pick changed the moment the spin off came into play. There's no way Adam would pick, or be allowed to pick, someone who wasn't willing to sign up for the spin off, and while people have provided reasons why having Faith on the spin off would be great for Adam and/or Rachel, no one's said anything about why Faith would want to do it. Lesbian stuff aside, it was established in the pilot that Faith was one of the harder contestants to win over in the first place. Shia couldn't close the deal with her, and Rachel had to be flown in to convince her to do the show. Faith clearly has no aspirations to be a TV star and doesn't appear to have any sort of career that might be boosted by her celebrity, so what motivation would she have to star in a spin off with Adam? She's not invested in winning like Anna or Grace, and prolonging her time in the limelight is likely to make the process of coming out more public and frightening later on. Plus it seems unlikely that she'd want to prolong her separation from Grams and Amy. Barring some medical emergency happening to Grams in the next two episodes that leads to Faith needing a lot of money to pay for her care, I think Faith is the least likely candidate for the spin off.

Man. The whole time I was watching this, I found myself thinking that Bierko was really killing it as Chet, because he was just so positive and chipper and straight, but the overall sliminess was still right there under the surface. And I was wondering...what is he going to do? I knew he would do something, just didn't really expect the something to be getting a beej from the underage-looking PA.

Laughed out loud at the flipper baby comment, mostly because the esteemed Tara Ariano used that same term in the Again With This podcast this week. Not something I expect to hear twice in a week.

This show has definitely topped my must-watch list for the summer.

• Love 3

Haven't read all of the comments so sorry if any of this is repetitive. With as awful as almost everyone on this show is, my biggest take away from this episode is that Rachel slept with Adam as something to use as leverage over him to get him to agree to the proposal. I may be proven wrong next week, but that's the feeling I got. I don't doubt for one second that Rachel is attracted to Adam but at the end of the day, as much as she pretends to have a conscience sometimes and like she hates the things she has to do, Quinn is right in that they are no different.

I think we were meant to think at first that she took Chet's words about her simply not giving Adam enough motivation and something he wants, and channeling it to the offer about the winery. But the moment Chet was saying those words to her, I thought about the fact that Adam so clearly wants to bone her and was wondering how she'd use that to get him to do exactly what they wanted - him marrying one of the women. Incidentally, not that I think Adam is entirely innocent at all. He's fairly manipulative himself. His play on Anna and how smoothly he got her making heart eyes again at him, make that clear but I feel like he is a bit in over his head with these people and doesn't realize it. He thinks he knows and sees who Rachel truly is but I don't think he does which is probably why for as much chemistry as they have, I don't ship them at al. 

Which is not to say I ship her and Jeremy either. I honestly have been confused as to Jeremy's purpose since the first episode and I'm especially glad he and the fiance are splitsville because she was even more insignificant as far as I was concerned. The two of them were boring, no chemistry, uninteresting and seemed to exist only for the fiance to bitch about Rachel. Good riddance. I felt nothing about Jeremy looking for Rachel as she got it on with Adam because I haven't seen one reason I'm supposed to root or even like them. And it's clear Rachel was not here for Jeremy leaving his fiance for her. She looked totally uncomfortable and freaked out when she walked away from him after he told her he and the fiance broke up. 

The show is getting a little too cliche with the salacious stuff. I called a Chet hookup with that young girl the second they shared a conversation the last episode. When something is that easy to predict, it means it's a cliche and a bit of lazy writing so that was not shocking in the least. And gee the guy who cheated on his wife for years (and let's face it I doubt it was only Quinn he was sleeping with), is cheating on the new idiot willing to marry him - what a shocker. Will be interesting to see how she tortures that girl from here out. 

I find Anna's character a bit all over the place. This is a woman who took off when they wouldn't let her go see her father, basically called  Rachel on her manipulative bullshit when she was trying to convince her to stay with the show and was only convinced to come back after Rachel and Adam got her brother to convince her to go back. So I'm not sure why she's so willing to do these things for Adam. I think we're supposed to believe she really believes there is something real between them but as Adam himself said, they've had two dates so I'm not sure why she would think so. At least I can understand Grace thinking so as Adam's been hooking up with her practically since the beginning. But Anna doesn't make much sense and that's one thing I'll give the writers in that I'm not sure where they're really going with her. 

Right now I predict if Adam agrees to the marriage, he'll pick Faith who he clearly really likes as a friend and enjoys hanging out with and doesn't want him anymore than he wants her, because she's a lesbian. Thing is I'm not sure how they'd write Faith agreeing to something like that.