Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Episode 5

• Start Topic

Jace actually said "This is scarier than Y2K?" Hahaha! Maybe I'm hardened because I work down the street from the White House in DC, but, Jace, honey, random Tuesday's are scarier than Y2K.

• Love 10
(edited)

Jace went out pimping his Instagram page.  Blech.

Too bad for Jace that, Steve, Vanessa, Clay, Shelli, Austin, Liz/Julia, and Audrey didn't just get together, realize they had the numbers, and voted.  Jackie would've gone if they had.  But since Julie told Jace that Audrey was the sole vote for him, that more or less makes it official that he won't be coming back.

Julie clearly had the BB Takeover theme played, so why couldn't we hear it?

Jace's face upon the reveal of the Twin Twist was priceless!  I won't miss him, but I at least love that ending for him.

Even Kathy Griffin knows how BB women tend to self-destruct.  Surprised she likes Audrey and Da'Vonne, though.  Her twist sounds interesting.  If the right houseguest answers it, that could make for some interesting strategy.

Poor Da'Vonne.  Had a good start at that HoH Competition till she got one of her pieces snagged in the bin.  But I'll settle for Becky winning one of those spots since I'd like to finally see where her head is at.  But she'd better hope that her nominees lose to Shelli's, because that's not a good sign that she won the other one.

BB clearly hates Andy, which was why they put him on the "bad" poster.

Good episode.  Glad to see two women in power, something that never happened in BB16.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4
(edited)

That was pretty fun.

I have no idea what Becky/Shelli will do!   Becky especially seems  pretty independent.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

I'm good with this week's twist. With 12 votes, removing three is significant without being ridiculous. And it will make everyone extremely paranoid for awhile, which is always fun.

I have no idea what to think about Becky and Shelli being HOHs. None. Quite frankly, that's a good thing.

I did enjoy the HOH comp; we usually only get something like that during a double eviction, but I liked it; I wouldn't mind more of those. But I always giggle when Julie makes a point that she's only going to explain the rules once. Oh, Julie, production explained these rules at length. Hours ago. For a long time.

That's about all I got with this episode. Jace is a dick, no matter how well he presented himself at eviction. Happy to say good-bye to him.

• Love 4

Two minutes of the wrong mic, with the contestants totally silent, no audible Takeover song, and only Julie Chen talking. Then the camera people completely miss both of the HoH winners.

Go home, production -- you are drunk.

• Love 24
(edited)

I saw Frankie in the audience, jumping up and down in his chair like a five year old on Red Bull and Pixie Stix, clapping and shouting at the start of the show. I almost threw something at the TV. God, go away. Even from the audience he annoys me.

I also gave a very loud "Ugh!" at the picture of Andy. Why would you do that, BB? 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 19
(edited)

I think the Last Laugh winner should be required to keep their power a secret until Julie announces it on eviction night.  TPTB could threaten to take the power away if it's divulged before then.

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 3
(edited)

Earlier today I brought up the possibility of the twin twist being revealed to Jace and asked if that meant he won't be sequestered for a potential return. The answer is he probably won't, thank God. I hope tonight is the last time I ever have to listen to his douchevoice since it's unlikely he'll be asked a question on Finale Night.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 7

Jace's face upon the reveal of the Twin Twist was priceless!  I won't miss him, but I at least love that ending for him.

I will always love original Jace's reaction to the Twin Twist. I still say, "that's not from Jesus", when I see something that freaks me out.

• Love 4

Jace was a lot better in his exit interview than I thought he would be. Of course, he was saving face (and, embarrassment) but he could have been worse. Personally, I would be totally fooled by the twin twist. They look great but one looks to have extensions......I think. All in all, a good episode minus the live glitches. The HOH was a fast and easy challenge. Sort of like Survivor but on a smaller scale in a backyard. LOL!!!

• Love 1

Oh Jace, what a cry baby.  That beg-a-thon was pathetic, then Audrey just has to barge in.

Jace is right.  She's a big target now.  But he's dead right.  lol 

I'll give him credit for a good exit until he started pimping his instagram.  Please don't sequester him.  I don't want any chance of him coming back.

I don't understand the point of this twin twist.  It's like they are just throwing a bunch of stuff together hoping something catches on, but it's overkill.  Even if both twins get in the game, they become instant targets.

I smell Audrey throwing this hinky vote in there to try and demonize somebody else.  Watch it backfire on her.

Becky? Shelli?  Go figure.  Do they go after one of the guys; or is Audrey heading straight for back door.

She looked pretty glum in the closing scene,

The Kathy Griffin twist could be fun.  Not sure exactly how it works.

Good episode.  Glad to see two women in power, something that never happened in BB16.

Yep. These females came to compete and I love the casting this year.  It's unfortunate the last few episodes haven't been getting good ratings because so far this has been 10x better than last season.  And we're just at the first live/eviction show!

• Love 6

The HOH was a fast and easy challenge. Sort of like Survivor but on a smaller scale in a backyard. LOL!!!

Ha!  I am a die-hard Survivor fan, having seen every episode of every season.  When BB came out I scoffed and said it's just Survivor in a house.  I skipped S1 but by S2 I was hooked, of course.

• Love 3

Jace was a lot better in his exit interview than I thought he would be. Of course, he was saving face (and, embarrassment) but he could have been worse. Personally, I would be totally fooled by the twin twist. They look great but one looks to have extensions......I think. All in all, a good episode minus the live glitches. The HOH was a fast and easy challenge. Sort of like Survivor but on a smaller scale in a backyard. LOL!!!

Even if one has extensions, it's very easy to do the upkeep during the time she spends in sequester (having a hairdresser come in to touch up). Production is obviously helping them with appearance/clothing, so this is minor. I wished they could watch live feeds of their sibling (just their sister and her interactions with the houseguests) though... As long as Liz/Julia stays in the background and doesn't make waves I can see them coast through the first five weeks... But they can't get too close to anyone!

• Love 1

I'm a twin and love being a twin. I have tons od twin friends I don't even try to tell apart (its a twin thing) and I remember the casting call for twins in season 5. With all that said, planned joint speak creaps me out. I like it when it happens but planned is *shivers*

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to admit it was fun to watch the twins switch out on the live vote.

They wisely put them together during the break so there was extra time.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

I don't know how to feel about the Kathy Griffin twist. I think three votes is a lot, unless the house stays near-unanimous, and it potentially gives one person way too much power. But it also has the potential to create even more drama. I just don't know. I think my feelings will depend on who gets the power (yes, I admit it, I'm a huge hypocrite with double standards).

I have no idea why Becky and Shelli will do, and that's kind of fascinating.

• Love 5

So, Becky went from the invisible edit to HOH....I have to admit I am concerned about two "non entities" in the game so far being in charge, I'd prefer it were some of the prominent people because clearly they are the more interesting ones and get air time and I would hate to lose any of them.

Andy and Frankie...UGH! I could have gone my whole life without seeing either one of them but there they were...Frankie looking like a damn fool with that hair cut in the front row no less and a picture of slimy Andy. Speaking of Frankie..if there was proof positive Jace deserved to go it was his over the top excitement of seeing Frankie in the audience...enough said.

All hail Live TV! Julie Chen nervously repeating she has no programming in her earbud,...while the houseguests cavort in complete silence was priceless. If Kathy Griffin were worth her salt as a commedienne she would have improvised some joke around the technical difficulties.

Lastly I would LOVE to be privy to the backstage gyrations Grodner will be going through to ensure that the seventh call from Kathy is made precisely at the moment the houseguest she wants to save or one of their alliance mates is walking past the phone to make sure she can rig the next eviction in production's favor,

• Love 9
(edited)

Okay, right off with the voting... remember when it used to Mrs. Chen?? Now Day's calling her Julie Girl and Jason's calling her "Honey"?!?! WTF?

Jace: "I am myself" whoa... deep.

HoH: Why have the curtains to separate everyone's boards when you can just go to your pieces and look directly at anyone's board you want??

Even worse he added in his crappy band's Ig *shakes head*

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
(edited)

Lastly I would LOVE to be privy to the backstage gyrations Grodner will be going through to ensure that the seventh call from Kathy is made precisely at the moment the houseguest she wants to save or one of their alliance mates is walking past the phone to make sure she can rig the next eviction in production's favor.

This could be a twist that pays off even if production picks the contestant who gets it. It just depends upon how the twist is revealed to the other house guests, and if it actually turns around a vote. I'm interested to see how it plays out, I'm not yet sufficiently attached to any contestants so I just want it to blow some minds on eviction night.

Edited by dolphincorn

I kind of hope Kathy gives a big ole 'eff you' to Grodner and makes the call while watching the live feeds and seeing who walks by the telephone. I like Kathy Griffin and think she shares a lot of similar opinions with me. She wants a female to win, she wants to stop all these alliances and she wants Audrey to stop melting down. 

Becky and Shelli being HOHs? I have been super neutral on them, so hopefully this will create a lasting opinion of them.

From Jace's Y2K speech, to his pimping of his IG account to his squealing of Frankie, I am so glad he is gone and we will not have to suffer through him again until finale night.

I spotted Danielle and Dominic in the audience way faster than Frankie.

The twist could be interesting, overall. Three votes is a lot but if they have to reveal who won the twist, that'll cause MAJOR problems in the house. People are going to be super paranoid by the time next Thursday rolls around and I am here for it. This will be fantastic to watch the blowout.

• Love 3

I am surprised that in this day and age Julie hasn't put the kibosh on HG being loosely goosey with her name. Just say "Hi, Julie" and then STFU!! Show a little respect and dignity, please. This has nothing to do with her husband being the president of the network. LOL!!!

• Love 3

"Okay, right off with the voting... remember when it used to Mrs. Chen??"

It's usually just "Julie".  I remember when Dan called her "Mrs. Chen" and she quickly shot him down by informing him:

"Mrs.Chen is my mother."  

• Love 5
(edited)

Didn't they word it that whoever has the Last Laugh COULD choose 3 HGs to be left out of the voting? That makes me think it will be presented as an option. And it would probably be a smart option to turn it down if you're not on the block.

Edited by TimWil
(edited)

Kathy is embarking on a 80 city tour starting today. 

http://www.kathygriffin.net/

The phone calls have to be recorded jokes in Groedner's control.   So I expect to see someone who is on the block get 7th call.  It stands to have more impact that way.  But the next vote is going to be close to unanimous anyway so I am not so sure this twist will be all that interesting.  Seems most want either Day or Audrey gone.   

Kathy has been busy promoting her tour so I suspect she has no clue what is going on in the house and had to be briefed.  She said she was rooting for Audrey and Day.  She plucked the two most disliked people in the house.  I smell Groedner scripting.  She had to choose Audrey, of course but Day, a negative, angry woman?  Not her style.  

Edited by wings707

I'm happy to see HOH competitions that actually play out on the live show. Take note, Big Brother Canada.

Never mind Canada, this show has had an all-too-annoying "come back Sunday to see who wins HoH!" trend recently, especially last season.  Hopefully the tide is turning.

So that was a swing and a miss for me on the twin guess.  I mean, Liz (Lulia?) was my second choice, and my reasoning was good, but still.  It's true they don't look much alike, but they won't be side-by-side (at least not for a while) and people catching on that Julia's slightly taller (written off as shoes/posture), that her nose is thinner or that her eyebrows are more arched doesn't necessarily scream "obvious".  If they keep to the back, it should help.  (Of course, getting out of that house, even if it is only to sequester, has to help you stay cool, I'd think.)  Oh, and James?  Julia looks more like Taylor Swift than Meg ever has.  Just saying.

So what was the deal with Clay's neck freckles that only seemed to show up in his DRs, then?  Is he wearing concealer in the house?  Was it a trick of the light?  Is he twins, and BB is just bringing in the non-player to do DRs and throw us off the scent?  (Unfair, guys!) Huh.

"I have no programming in my ear…"  Holy Shit, she IS a Chen-bot!  Now that's a twist!

• Love 1

Kathy also said Vanessa though. Sure it could have been scripted but what she said must have been from feeds because she has barely been shown.

Thanks I missed that.  

D'Angles, I was just looking to see if there was another set of twins they might spring on us later, thus the freckle observation.  I am spoiled so I knew about Liz and Julia.  I don't think there is another twin.  I was on the couch in pain from a bulging disc trying to distract myself and guess twists.  

I noticed Liz was talking to someone on the couch before she voted and I so wanted when Julia came back for that person to say "hey Liz remember that thing we were just talking about?" and Julia would be like "uhhh."

• Love 1

I noticed Liz was talking to someone on the couch before she voted and I so wanted when Julia came back for that person to say "hey Liz remember that thing we were just talking about?" and Julia would be like "uhhh."

There are so many ways this can be exposed.  I have thought the same thing, as well.  One simple reference to a conversation that could be about the game or something from their lives, an anecdote, a boyfriend anything!  

I don't understand Audrey's reason for voting the way she did. I realize she's having a meltdown, but she spent all week trying to backdoor Jace. Did she ever explain this?

A LOT happened this week. The editors had a very hard job to do! 

• Love 1

While I don't doubt that Jace could have been legitimately voted out unanimously just for being an asshat, I fear we are in for another long boring summer of dull boring "house" votes. If a dunderhead like Jace can immediately discern that she threw the hinky vote, she's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is.

Since Grodner's addicted to twists, how about coming up with a twist that encourages independent voting. This "last laugh" business seems scary easy to rig who gets it, which annoys me. But, if it makes the hamsters reconsider alliances, since why bother when a twist could make them irrelevant, it might be worth it. Oh, who am I kidding. It just means the alliances will get bigger, with even stupider names. Might be time to resurrect the "suggestions for improvement; thread and then tweeting it to someone.

D'Angles, I was just looking to see if there was another set of twins they might spring on us later, thus the freckle observation.  I am spoiled so I knew about Liz and Julia.  I don't think there is another twin.  I was on the couch in pain from a bulging disc trying to distract myself and guess twists.  

(Your misspelling of my username cracks me up, so I won't correct it.  Just so you know.)

While I'm sorry to hear about your back pain (and glad to see you're referring to it in the past tense), I hope you don't find me too insensitive if I say I'm less concerned about why you noticed Clay's DR-only neck freckles and more about what the explanation of the appearing/disappearing freckles actually is.  Sunspots? Stigmata?  Clay is actually a lizard alien and the freckling is the first stage towards shedding his skin?  Production CGI'd them out of the other footage to mislead us? All of the above?

Because, seriously, I didn't see the neck freckles ("neckles"?) anywhere but in the DR during ep 4, once you pointed that out.  So, once again, I go with "huh"?

• Love 1

Jace being Brooooooooooos with the despicable Frankie Grande explains everything I hate about him in one fell swoop.

And yes, we got our Third Person. Because every douchebag does it. They just can't help themselves.

• Love 1
(edited)
It's usually just "Julie".  I remember when Dan called her "Mrs. Chen"

I thought Dan once tried to call her "Mrs. Moonves," and she shot that down even faster. I bet they put that in the contestant rule book now.

A LOT happened this week. The editors had a very hard job to do! 

And they celebrated by taking the live show off...heh. Get ready for an intern takeover :CBS starts screaming:

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 2

Really, if CBS doesn't want us to hate them, why do they fall prey to such incestuous casting anyway? Oh wait, ratings. They don't care if we hate them. Frankie was there in the audience for a reason. CBS was perfectly happy for us to find out that Jace only got on the show because he knows Frankie. CBS probably WANTS us ranting about it.

What? You thought the guy who got cast because he's Frankie Grande's even MORE annoying friend wasn't there mostly to pimp himself? His brand. It was inevitable we'd get some sales pitch, as well as that third person discussion of himself.

I don't understand Audrey's reason for voting the way she did. I realize she's having a meltdown, but she spent all week trying to backdoor Jace. Did she ever explain this?

My uninformed guess is that because she's shown some stupid ass tendency to overplay, that she had some "genius" idea (snerk) that if there was one obvious dissenting vote that she could spend the week tossing doubt around the house about who the rogue vote was (and cast shade on anyone she wants to).

Jace was a lot better in his exit interview than I thought he would be. Of course, he was saving face (and, embarrassment) but he could have been worse.

"Good" is relative I guess. I mean he didn't show sour grapes, sure. but he used third person and branded himself. He tossed out tons of social media info as a kind of sales pitch. He screamed like a banshee at the stomach turning Frankie Grande, and outted for the world how and why he got cast on the show in the process. I'd say, it was a terrible exit, although yes, it could have been even worse. At least he was consistent. A loud gasbag in the house, a loud gasbag on his exit.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not to mention his phenomenally over the top reaction to the 'Twin Twist' reveal which was on par with his losing his shit over freakin' Frankie being in the audience.

Oh and back to the houseguests calling the ChenBot anythign but "Julie" I'd guess that we won't hear anyone calling her "Honey" next week.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

Not to mention his phenomenally over the top reaction to the 'Twin Twist' reveal which was on par with his losing his shit over freakin' Frankie being in the audience.

That one I don't blame him for.  He'd just found out at that moment and, by his own admission, had never even suspected a thing, so I think the reaction to Liz and Julia's reveal was genuine.

• Love 2
I'd guess that we won't hear anyone calling her "Honey" next week.

IKR? Do they not all know who her husband is? You'd think the last thing they'd want to do is be overly familiar with the boss' wife.

My uninformed guess is that because she's shown some stupid ass tendency to overplay, that she had some "genius" idea (snerk) that if there was one obvious dissenting vote that she could spend the week tossing doubt around the house about who the rogue vote was (and cast shade on anyone she wants to).

That was my take too. It seems to me though that the only person who'd be believable as having voted for Jace is Austin. What good will it do her to try to pin it on him?

• Love 3