Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I didn’t like her for the longest time either. She was too much of a bitch, but I miss Theresa. I loved the character once they softened her some. Jen Lilley is also beautiful and talented. If only they’d soften her big sis Eve. Love KDP, but Eve constantly being a bitch is boring. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn’t like her for the longest time either. She was too much of a bitch, but I miss Theresa. I loved the character once they softened her some. Jen Lilley is also beautiful and talented. If only they’d soften her big sis Eve. Love KDP, but Eve constantly being a bitch is boring. 

Not really sure how its unpopular around here I'm one of the few that loathes Theresa and doesn't miss her at all. I also preferred her as an unapologetic bitch instead of the lame heroine they tried to push her as.

I do agree Eve being a one note bitch is boring. At least she used to have Paige and Shane balance her out a bit because they were weak spots and they weren't afraid to call her out if needed.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not really sure how its unpopular around here I'm one of the few that loathes Theresa and doesn't miss her at all. I also preferred her as an unapologetic bitch instead of the lame heroine they tried to push her as.

I do agree Eve being a one note bitch is boring. At least she used to have Paige and Shane balance her out a bit because they were weak spots and they weren't afraid to call her out if needed.

I just skimmed through many pages and saw multiple posts complaining about Theresa. I remember you aren’t a fan but didn’t check to see who posted what recently. If my opinion isn’t unpopular, I guess that’s good. 😂

I like to see the villains have a human side. It’s very difficult for me to root for someone like Eve when she very rarely thinks of anyone other than herself nor cares to be better. That’s where she and her sister are different imo. Theresa was definitely just like Eve for the longest, so I get if some people still can’t love her. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I just skimmed through many pages and saw multiple posts complaining about Theresa. I remember you aren’t a fan but didn’t check to see who posted what recently. If my opinion isn’t unpopular, I guess that’s good. 😂

I like to see the villains have a human side. It’s very difficult for me to root for someone like Eve when she very rarely thinks of anyone other than herself not cares to be better. That’s where she and her sister are different imo. Theresa was definitely just like Eve for the longest, so I get if some people still can’t love her. 

See I like Eve more than Theresa probably because I remember how Eve used to be and how she turned out the way she did. Her childhood wasn't great, she was a teen prostitute, had her daddy issues etc.  Its not like she just woke up, blew into town, and became a rancid bitch one day for no real reason. No that's Theresa's backstory. Until they decided to pair her with Brady and defang her in the process. 

Granted Eve had better writing back then and CR I think was much better at giving Eve those layers than KDP does(I preferred her as Blair). 

Edited by CanaryFan98

I only started watching Days around 2007-8 (and even then it has been on/off) so I don't have the same connection and nostalgia as others that have been watching for eons. That being said, I was never impressed with Stefano Dimera as a villain, however, if the spoilers are true about Stevano, I find it disrespectful to the deceased actor and the character.  Joseph Mascolo has been playing the role since the 80s and launched a thousand storylines. He made that role his in every way conceivable. He died - so should Stefano. Like in sports, I think they should "retire his jersey." No one should play him again, no transplanted consciousness or whatever the hell they claim Dr. Rolf is doing. 

Not only is it disrespectful, it is also lazy and unimaginative. The writers haven't been able to create a viable new baddie in ages. Deimos - fail. Stefan O. - fail, along with countless others. 

I don't like Dr. Rolf. Nothing against the actor but what he is for the writers. He is essentially a walking deus ex machina or plot device.  So basically the writers are like oops, our bad, we shouldn't have killed off these characters - lets have Rolf bring them back to life via a medical procedure that essentially amounts to magic as it is impossible from any earthly standpoint. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

See I like Eve more than Theresa probably because I remember how Eve used to be and how she turned out the way she did. Her childhood wasn't great, she was a teen prostitute, had her daddy issues etc.  Its not like she just woke up, blew into town, and became a rancid bitch one day for no real reason. No that's Theresa's backstory. Until they decided to pair her with Brady and defang her in the process. 

Granted Eve had better writing back then and CR I think was much better at giving Eve those layers than KDP does(I preferred her as Blair). 

To each his own. I feel for Eve regarding her childhood but don’t think it excuses how cruel she is.  She was terrible to her own daughter, the one person she loves. 

I don’t think I ever watched the show when the original Eve was on. KDP is one of the greatest talents on the show imo. I just hate the writing for the character. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

To each his own. I feel for Eve regarding her childhood but don’t think it excuses how cruel she is.  She was terrible to her own daughter, the one person she loves. 

I don’t think I ever watched the show when the original Eve was on. KDP is one of the greatest talents on the show imo. I just hate the writing for the character. 

I don't excuse the fact that she's cruel I get how she became that way it makes sense. Theresa didn't make sense to me. I don't mind bad girls but I need to see how it got to that point with them. They never really gave Theresa a backstory to justify her being a bitch for no reason.  Eve being a one note bitch now is boring but I remember when she wasn't always like that. Theresa OTOH doesn't have that going for her with me at least.

53 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I only started watching Days around 2007-8 (and even then it has been on/off) so I don't have the same connection and nostalgia as others that have been watching for eons. That being said, I was never impressed with Stefano Dimera as a villain, however, if the spoilers are true about Stevano, I find it disrespectful to the deceased actor and the character.  Joseph Mascolo has been playing the role since the 80s and launched a thousand storylines. He made that role his in every way conceivable. He died - so should Stefano. Like in sports, I think they should "retire his jersey." No one should play him again, no transplanted consciousness or whatever the hell they claim Dr. Rolf is doing. 

Not only is it disrespectful, it is also lazy and unimaginative. The writers haven't been able to create a viable new baddie in ages. Deimos - fail. Stefan O. - fail, along with countless others. 

I don't like Dr. Rolf. Nothing against the actor but what he is for the writers. He is essentially a walking deus ex machina or plot device.  So basically the writers are like oops, our bad, we shouldn't have killed off these characters - lets have Rolf bring them back to life via a medical procedure that essentially amounts to magic as it is impossible from any earthly standpoint. 

Stefano was a way better villain in the 80s/90s by the 00s they began to normalize him and make him like everyone else in Salem while dumbing down his victims in the process it went downhill from there. The problem with the baddies since is that they end up turning them into saps and redeeming them etc. Stefano was an unapologetic villain he stayed bad. 

Clyde in recent years has been the best villain and far scarier to me because you would know someone like Clyde in RL. I hope they don't try and soften him up either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1

I do wish they explained more why Theresa was such a nasty person, but the writing for her later on made me a fan anyway. 

I wish the writers would make up their minds more quickly about who they want as a villain in the first place. I hate that Ben is a serial killer. Love the actor and don’t hate him with Ciara the way many do, but they should have never made someone with RSW’s talent and looks a serial killer. 

• Love 3

Well there are serial killers that are considered attractive look at Ted Bundy... I don't think Ben would get a free pass if he was fat and ugly that's for sure. I would've preferred RSW play a Ben look alike dealing with the baggage of Ben but he wasn't him. He still could've fallen for Ciara and it wouldn't be nearly as gross. See Kevin/Lucy on GH. Instead we got this where Ben is like the other bad boys before him totally defanged. They want it both ways with him they want him palatable to the audience yet he has no self awareness for the terrible things he goes along with either. For some reason the show thinks you have to take away a character's edge/personality when they become reformed. A reformed character can't have a personality apparently...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well there are serial killers that are considered attractive look at Ted Bundy... I don't think Ben would get a free pass if he was fat and ugly that's for sure. I would've preferred RSW play a Ben look alike dealing with the baggage of Ben but he wasn't him. He still could've fallen for Ciara and it wouldn't be nearly as gross. See Kevin/Lucy on GH. Instead we got this where Ben is like the other bad boys before him totally defanged. They want it both ways with him they want him palatable to the audience yet he has no self awareness for the terrible things he goes along with either. For some reason the show thinks you have to take away a character's edge/personality when they become reformed. A reformed character can't have a personality apparently...

I get that serial killers don’t necessarily look like monsters. I just wish they’d decide more early on if someone is special enough to keep around for awhile and even have as somewhat of a heroine. Isn’t that what happened? They didn’t initially think they’d keep Ben around and reform him but decided RSW was too good to let go? I don’t hate Cin because I am a RSW fan, but I’m of the popular opinion that most nice, normal folks want nothing to do with a serial killer, no matter how dreamy looking he is. I also wish they cast him as a lookalike or something. I totally agree about the way the show has the “good guy” and the villain. The good guys tend to be boring and self righteous, and the bad guys get to be fun, compelling characters. You can be a good person and still be funny, sexy, and different. On days the cranky old bastard brings the comic relief. The guys with the sexy accents are killers/rapists. The good characters are so noble they leave town when they’re pregnant so as not to cause trouble for the person they love. Someone who’s got a unique story and stunning looks may start out as a good person but eventually be written as a scheming tart. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I get that serial killers don’t necessarily look like monsters. I just wish they’d decide more early on if someone is special enough to keep around for awhile and even have as somewhat of a heroine. Isn’t that what happened? They didn’t initially think they’d keep Ben around and reform him but decided RSW was too good to let go? I don’t hate Cin because I am a RSW fan, but I’m of the popular opinion that most nice, normal folks want nothing to do with a serial killer, no matter how dreamy looking he is. I also wish they cast him as a lookalike or something. I totally agree about the way the show has the “good guy” and the villain. The good guys tend to be boring and self righteous, and the bad guys get to be fun, compelling characters. You can be a good person and still be funny, sexy, and different. On days the cranky old bastard brings the comic relief. The guys with the sexy accents are killers/rapists. The good characters are so noble they leave town when they’re pregnant so as not to cause trouble for the person they love. Someone who’s got a unique story and stunning looks may start out as a good person but eventually be written as a scheming tart. 

That's also a problem they take it too far course they could've had Ben be a controlling abusive boyfriend without having him become a serial killer he could've gotten therapy, been redeemed. It would've been a lot easier to take and make his pairing with Ciara more palatable. However instead we got this....  

I know there are people who found Jack/Jennifer problematic and if they were created today rather than 30 years ago I would probably feel the same but back then they wrote those things better. Jack was considered a screwup, people hated him and weren't considered wrong for it, Jennifer didn't mindlessly defend him to everyone on sight. You know the total opposite of Cin.  

Yes you can be good and still be sexy and fun at least that used to be the case on soaps not on today's soap being nice and decent is boring so that's why I prefer bad edgy characters stay that way. You fade into irrelevancy otherwise.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's also a problem they take it too far course they could've had Ben be a controlling abusive boyfriend without having him become a serial killer he could've gotten therapy, been redeemed. It would've been a lot easier to take and make his pairing with Ciara more palatable. However instead we got this....  

I know there are people who found Jack/Jennifer problematic and if they were created today rather than 30 years ago I would probably feel the same but back then they wrote those things better. Jack was considered a screwup, people hated him and weren't considered wrong for it, Jennifer didn't mindlessly defend him to everyone on sight. You know the total opposite of Cin.  

Yes you can be good and still be sexy and fun at least that used to be the case on soaps not on today's soap being nice and decent is boring so that's why I prefer bad edgy characters stay that way. You fade into irrelevancy otherwise.

Yeah controlling, abusive boyfriend would have been so much better than what we got...

I am really curious about how Jack was a rapist but truly changed. I didn't watch the show when Jack/Jennifer were a new, young couple. 

Yup, sad but true. It's why I liked EJ (missed him as a rapist too btw), don't totally hate CIN, enjoy Kristen a lot of the time, the list goes on. 

18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah controlling, abusive boyfriend would have been so much better than what we got...

I am really curious about how Jack was a rapist but truly changed. I didn't watch the show when Jack/Jennifer were a new, young couple. 

Yup, sad but true. It's why I liked EJ (missed him as a rapist too btw), don't totally hate CIN, enjoy Kristen a lot of the time, the list goes on. 

Well to make this short Kayla married Jack because Steve didn't want her and he fell in love with her after nursing him back to health. Eventually Steve/Kayla had an affair while she was married to Jack he found out became enraged and raped her(she was putting him off where sex was concerned). Steve went postal and threw Jack off a roof.  Jack was humbled considerably after losing Kayla, her pressing charges against him he didn't instantly change the Bradys and Hortons both hated him at the time(Jack used Melissa to further his political career but she left him at the altar Jennifer was one of the bridesmaids.) Eventually Jack did want to change on his own but after meeting Jennifer he was attracted to her but didn't want to hurt her so he did everything he could to stay away etc.  She eventually wore him down. 

For me he truly changed because he was less selfish and ruthless and wanted to be better when he went from politics to journalism was. Sure Jennifer played a role but she wasn't the only reason it also helps for me at least that Jack didn't  threaten women etc after that.

Unlike Ben who has wanted his sister dead, even threatened to kill her. Jack never did any of those things its like he really became a different person. He also showed genuine remorse over what he did to Kayla. It helped that Jack wasn't portrayed as a can do no wrong hero he was always considered a screwup by everyone and while Jennifer adored him she wasn't afraid to call out Jack either. Something you won't see Ciara do with Ben. Plus it was a different era a lot of things that were acceptable back then wouldn't fly today.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Thats is why nobody is gon buy that a character is dead. 

I expect Adrienne to be revived anyday now . Perhaps Will or Sonny will beg Rolf to use his magic potion to revive Adrienne .

As for Villains ,there is no doubt that Stefan and Deimos were utter flops. 

Instead if Deimos ,they should have brought back Larry Welch  to terrorise Victor and his family . I wrote about this on the bitterness thread . 

When it was cLear that Joe Mascolo's health was declining ,They should have Begun preparations to groom Andre to takeover as the phoenix . They should have begun the Process of getting Andre out of Stefano's shAdow. for instance,When Andre returned in 2015 , Stefano sshould have reacted in a surprised manner because he thought Andre was dead . He could quip" hmmmm, I taught you too well Andre "  ,with Stefano referencing his own habbit of returning from the dead. Stefano would have made it clear that he is still infuriated that he murdered Benjy and Renee and contributed to Lexie's death . 

ThAt whole Andre and Stefano still being BFFs Was bulldust .

Especially after the things he had done.  Plus Stefano disowned him back in 2007 and even teamed up with John ,Bo ,Steve ,Hope and Roman to capture him during his reign of terror . 

Plus Stefano would have made Andre swear an oath to him. If Andre wants Stefano to bring him back to the fold and forgive him , he must swear to protect Chad ,Peter ,Theo ,Sydney ,Thomas etc 

However Stefano would make it clear that Andre wont get a lick of the legal DiMera businesses .

Stefano would say its Only logical that Andre Inherits the  Goon squad Because unlike Chad and Peter ,Andre is a shameless killer . Stefano figures that he night aswell hdrnesa Andre's ruthless personality to protect Chad and other remaining DiMeras because its highly unlikely that the DiMeras enemies would fear Chad. 

The DiMera mansion would be bequeathed to Chad and Peter. 

Andre would inherit the DiMera criminal empire . 

Andre would go on to buy the Martin house and turn it into his own mansion .

I still say they should have paired Andre with Ava Vitale . It would be Andre's way of solidifying his criminal empire's current standing . Plus the Vitale's are a crime family too.

The Vitale crime family ,headed up by Ava's cousins would merge with the DiMera criminal empire which would make Andre a powerful and formidable crimelord in his own right. But no ,lets turn a cunning ,charming and ruthless serial killer mobster into Chad's bitch . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

@CanaryFan98 Thank you for the information! It sounds like the writing for Jack and Jennifer was actually really good. I wish I could watch Days from the very beginning. 

I do think Ben has changed, but there is still darkness in him. Since I’ve watched Days, I’ve never seen Jack as a dark character capable of anything that horrific. I was shocked when I learned he raped Kayla.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

@CanaryFan98 Thank you for the information! It sounds like the writing for Jack and Jennifer was actually really good. I wish I could watch Days from the very beginning. 

I do think Ben has changed, but there is still darkness in him. Since I’ve watched Days, I’ve never seen Jack as a dark character capable of anything that horrific. I was shocked when I learned he raped Kayla.

Yeah Jack changed drastically from that time I don't think Ben has really changed beyond not being an SK apparently. He doesn't show genuine remorse and acts incredibly smug. Doesn't help they treat what he did as a total afterthought. Jack is constantly reminded over what he did to Kayla people act like him killing those three women and strangling Will is no big deal.  Since those three women weren't popular characters hey no big deal except it should be if you want me to think that the SK thing is a problem when the show treats it as no big deal everything else that's done on this show is no big deal and there are no stakes involved at all. Which kills dramatic impact on any show.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah Jack changed drastically from that time I don't think Ben has really changed beyond not being an SK apparently. He doesn't show genuine remorse and acts incredibly smug. Doesn't help they treat what he did as a total afterthought. Jack is constantly reminded over what he did to Kayla people act like him killing those three women and strangling Will is no big deal.  Since those three women weren't popular characters hey no big deal except it should be if you want me to think that the SK thing is a problem when the show treats it as no big deal everything else that's done on this show is no big deal and there are no stakes involved at all. Which kills dramatic impact on any show.

True! I personally loved Paige. The show doesn’t have a ton of truly decent characters, but she was one of them. I can’t stand Eve, but I feel awful for her seeing the man who killed her innocent young daughter living life in the same town as if he didn’t kill her only child and took other innocent lives too. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

True! I personally loved Paige. The show doesn’t have a ton of truly decent characters, but she was one of them. I can’t stand Eve, but I feel awful for her seeing the man who killed her innocent young daughter living life in the same town as if he didn’t kill her only child and took other innocent lives too. 

I didn't care for Paige but her death should be considered more tragic than it is. She finds out her boyfriend slept with her mom and then a few months later gets brutally murdered as she's entering the prime of her life instead its treated as an afterthought. I do appreciate Paige a lot more in retrospect compared to the other female characters around her age that came afterwards. She was genuinely decent and had career goals beyond getting a man to love her. Course there's no interest in a soap writing for those type of characters though.

• Love 5
On 11/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, RealHousewife said:

Me too, I loved Paige and I loved JJ's redemption storyline with her, as flawed and bumpy as it was.

I'm tired of pretty much only having flawed criminals and really flawed criminals to choose from.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, boes said:

Me too, I loved Paige and I loved JJ's redemption storyline with her, as flawed and bumpy as it was.

I'm tired of pretty much only having flawed criminals and really flawed criminals to choose from.

I'm tired of it too. Kind people can be entertaining if written well. Enough with the serial killers, rapists, and chronically bitchy people Days!!!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm tired of it too. Kind people can be entertaining if written well. Enough with the serial killers, rapists, and chronically bitchy people Days!!!

Except they aren't written well(tbh nobody is but at least if you're bad you have something to work with)

If all a character does is be kind=doormat in today's soap then what's there to watch.

I've enjoyed my share of decent characters, bad characters, bitchy characters etc but soaps don't write anyone beyond one dimension anymore if they manage to have nuance to them its because of the actor not the character at this point.

• Love 4
On 11/22/2019 at 1:50 AM, Rafael said:

Thats is why nobody is gon buy that a character is dead. 

I expect Adrienne to be revived anyday now . Perhaps Will or Sonny will beg Rolf to use his magic potion to revive Adrienne .

As for Villains ,there is no doubt that Stefan and Deimos were utter flops. 

Instead if Deimos ,they should have brought back Larry Welch  to terrorise Victor and his family . I wrote about this on the bitterness thread . 

When it was cLear that Joe Mascolo's health was declining ,They should have Begun preparations to groom Andre to takeover as the phoenix . They should have begun the Process of getting Andre out of Stefano's shAdow. for instance,When Andre returned in 2015 , Stefano sshould have reacted in a surprised manner because he thought Andre was dead . He could quip" hmmmm, I taught you too well Andre "  ,with Stefano referencing his own habbit of returning from the dead. Stefano would have made it clear that he is still infuriated that he murdered Benjy and Renee and contributed to Lexie's death . 

ThAt whole Andre and Stefano still being BFFs Was bulldust .

Especially after the things he had done.  Plus Stefano disowned him back in 2007 and even teamed up with John ,Bo ,Steve ,Hope and Roman to capture him during his reign of terror . 

Plus Stefano would have made Andre swear an oath to him. If Andre wants Stefano to bring him back to the fold and forgive him , he must swear to protect Chad ,Peter ,Theo ,Sydney ,Thomas etc 

However Stefano would make it clear that Andre wont get a lick of the legal DiMera businesses .

Stefano would say its Only logical that Andre Inherits the  Goon squad Because unlike Chad and Peter ,Andre is a shameless killer . Stefano figures that he night aswell hdrnesa Andre's ruthless personality to protect Chad and other remaining DiMeras because its highly unlikely that the DiMeras enemies would fear Chad. 

The DiMera mansion would be bequeathed to Chad and Peter. 

Andre would inherit the DiMera criminal empire . 

Andre would go on to buy the Martin house and turn it into his own mansion .

I still say they should have paired Andre with Ava Vitale . It would be Andre's way of solidifying his criminal empire's current standing . Plus the Vitale's are a crime family too.

The Vitale crime family ,headed up by Ava's cousins would merge with the DiMera criminal empire which would make Andre a powerful and formidable crimelord in his own right. But no ,lets turn a cunning ,charming and ruthless serial killer mobster into Chad's bitch . 

Wouldn't Stefano be concerned about Johnny as well as Sydney.

• Love 2
On 11/27/2019 at 5:39 AM, bobcat1946 said:

Wouldn't Stefano be concerned about Johnny as well as Sydney.

Yes . I kinda forgot about them. Still hate the fact that Johnny is EJ's . 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:34 PM, RealHousewife said:

Paige should Have been Frankie Brady 's daughter . 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Paige should Have been Frankie Brady 's daughter . 

I don’t know a lot about him, but yes!!! If Paige were a Brady, she would have been kept around and become a more beloved character. I remember speculation she’d be Frankie’s. I’ll be forever griping about this. I thought the actress was so cute and charming too. Paige reminds me of myself as a teen-innocent but drawn to a bad boy (though not at all consumed with chasing after boys). I don’t think most of us can relate to Claire, Gabi, Jordan, or saint Abigail. Paige was truly good. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1

I don't think Paige would've mattered even if she was Frankie's daughter I mean Frankie isn't around either. Although it would've made a better story than making her a Hernandez post death and nobody cares.... Kim was her stepgrandmother, she's a Brady and the show still didn't care about Paige...

Also would be weird to have Frankie and KDP's Eve together if CR was Eve it might've been better.

I haven't liked Marlena since the 80s from 1991 I have pretty much disliked her it doesn't help that they also seemed to turn her into kind of a  bimbo where John was concerned. I mean I get Jarlena's place in the show but beyond sex and high drama they don't seem to match intellectually to me. 

I mean Bo/Hope challenged each other, Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jennifer etc. I never got that with John/Marlena that they were ever on the same level..

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I haven't liked Marlena since the 80s from 1991 I have pretty much disliked her it doesn't help that they also seemed to turn her into kind of a  bimbo where John was concerned. I mean I get Jarlena's place in the show but beyond sex and high drama they don't seem to match intellectually to me. 

I mean Bo/Hope challenged each other, Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jennifer etc. I never got that with John/Marlena that they were ever on the same level..

True, I think  John and Marlena challenged each other when he was Roman. Also, Marlena became a prop in the never ending wars with the Dimeras and she lost her purpose other than loving John and fighting Stefano.  She was much more than that.  We got the old Marlena back during Will's coming out story.  That is the Marlena viewers fell in love with all those years ago.  Marlena was supposed to be a short-term character to fill the void after Laura Horton was written out but the viewers were so fascinated by her and they wanted more..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

True, I think  John and Marlena challenged each other when he was Roman. Also, Marlena became a prop in the never ending wars with the Dimeras and she lost her purpose other than loving John and fighting Stefano.  She was much more than that.  We got the old Marlena back during Will's coming out story.  That is the Marlena viewers fell in love with all those years ago.  Marlena was supposed to be a short-term character to fill the void after Laura Horton was written out but the viewers were so fascinated by her and they wanted more..

Speaking of marlena has she even mentioned will bring in prison which is weird since he's supposed to be her fav grandchild.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Speaking of marlena has she even mentioned will bring in prison which is weird since he's supposed to be her fav grandchild.

Yes; she visited him (off screen) on the day after she returned from her seminar. John had a conversation with Roman before she returned where he more or less admitted that Will was her favorite. I hope we actually get to see some scenes between them at some point! 😭

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don’t know a lot about him, but yes!!! If Paige were a Brady, she would have been kept around and become a more beloved character. I remember speculation she’d be Frankie’s. I’ll be forever griping about this. I thought the actress was so cute and charming too. Paige reminds me of myself as a teen-innocent but drawn to a bad boy (though not at all consumed with chasing after boys). I don’t think most of us can relate to Claire, Gabi, Jordan, or saint Abigail. Paige was truly good. 

IIRC ,the Bradys had thanksgiving during the time Paige and Eve came to salem. Paige was actually helping theresa,Kayla  and caroline To prepare The pub foR thanksgiving dinner . I thought she Did  fit in With the Bradys and that is why im still dumbfounded as to why she wasnt frankie brady's daughter. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

Im glAd Chloe got killed off. 

Atlast the character has been granted a quick mercy -kill death . 

And its about damn time becausE anybody with an elementary knowledge of the character knows that the Chloe who returned to salem circa 2007 is not Chloe. 

Dena Higley and subsequent Writers ruined the character beyond repair . They even made her and Nicole BFFs even though Nicole deliberately ssbotaged her facial recOnstruction surgery which resulted in chloe's face covered by hideous scars.  

And out of nowhere ,She became a hooker thanks to Kate. All chloe had to do was to tell her parents or Brady and Philip and Kate's blackmail game would have been over pretty quickly. 

What is even more disgusting is the fact that they Treat her marriege to Brady like its an afterthought . They act as if they were married for one night after a quick Las Vegas wedding .

They even have the nerve to forget the trials and tribulations they both faced together like when they were seArching for chloe's father , chloe's lieukemia , Chloe's facial scars ,Nicole and Philip . On top of that they were both loners angry with the world who discovered a mutual passion for music . 

Chloe should be the love of Brady's life and vice versa. 

Not  Daniel being the Love of her life.

IT Is sicKening  that she got killed off on the spinoff show instead of the main show. She has been part of this show since 1999 . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
On 12/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, Princess Consuela said:

I know I'm supposed to be on Eric's side in this whole Mickey drama but I think he's a sanctimonious prick.  I'm totally on Sarah & Xander's side (could be that I love them together though😋).   Everytime Eric opens his mouth, I want to punch him.

FRIEND!  😉

Agree with every word of this!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Im glAd Chloe got killed off. 

Atlast the character has been granted a quick mercy -kill death . 

And its about damn time becausE anybody with an elementary knowledge of the character knows that the Chloe who returned to salem circa 2007 is not Chloe. 

Dena Higley and subsequent Writers ruined the character beyond repair . They even made her and Nicole BFFs even though Nicole deliberately ssbotaged her facial recOnstruction surgery which resulted in chloe's face covered by hideous scars.  

And out of nowhere ,She became a hooker thanks to Kate. All chloe had to do was to tell her parents or Brady and Philip and Kate's blackmail game would have been over pretty quickly. 

What is even more disgusting is the fact that they Treat her marriege to Brady like its anafterthought . They act as if they were married for one night after a quick Las Vegas wedding .

They even have the nerve to forget the trials and tribulatiins tey both faced together like when they were seArching for chloe's father , chloe's lieukemia , Chloe's facial scars ,Nicole and Philip . On top of that they were bith loners angry with the world who discovered a mutual passion for music . 

Chloe should be the love of Brady's life and vice versa. 

Not  Daniel being the Love of her life.

IT Is sicKening though that she got killed off on the spinoff show instead of the main show. She has been part of this show since 1999 . 

This is Days are we sure she's been killed off and this isn't a dream? Or that she won't be resurected. That being said I wish it were true though because I don't like Chloe and thought Phillip deserved better and he had better in Stephanie Johnson.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

I dont knoW WHeRe To Post this but i figured i should write it on this thread. Me and one of my cousins got into a conversation concerning Ron Carlivati and his disastrous stint. She actually said that Carlivati's desperation to force us to love Ben Westen and his abs might lead him to take desperate measures to secure Ben's legacy on the show . 

Now ,i knOw she was joking aNd being sarcastic but her joke sent chills down my spine cos I know Carlivati is crazy enough to do it.

She reckOns that Carlivati will do a plot twist where we find out that Ben is actually not Clyde 's son and That BEns's parents are Marlena and Don Craig thus making Ben Will's uncLe and Sami's brother. 

I reckon Carlivati might go for it ...

Edited by Rafael
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

I dont knoW WHeRe To Post this but i figured i should write it on this thread. Me and one of my cousins got into an conversatiom concerning Ron Carlivati and his disastrous stint. She actually said that Carlivati's desperation to force us to love Ben Westen and his abs might lead him to taje desperate measures to secure Ben's legacy on the show . 

Now ,i knOw she was joking aNd being sarcastic but her joke sent chills down my spine cos I know Carlivati is crazy enough to do it.

She reckOns that Carlivati will do a plot twist where we findout that Ben is actually not Clyde 's son and That BEns's parents are Marlena and Don Craig thus making Ben Will's uncLe and Sami's brother. 

I prefer Don Craig be forgotten just like his exit when he went to get the mail and never return... than this coming to pass however I could totally see Ron doing this.... right after Jed Allan passed away last year so we will never see Don's reaction to this unless they actually *shudder* recast the character.

Dear Show: I will never like Ben Weston if you try and make me like him this type of forcefeeding doesn't work.

Ben's legacy is that he's the Necktie Killer and was engaging to watch when he was a total psycho before that most viewers didn't pay attention to a generic nondescript soap hunk.....

He's never going to be on the level of Bo, Steve, John etc 

• Love 7
On 1/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Rafael said:

I dont knoW WHeRe To Post this but i figured i should write it on this thread. Me and one of my cousins got into a conversation concerning Ron Carlivati and his disastrous stint. She actually said that Carlivati's desperation to force us to love Ben Westen and his abs might lead him to take desperate measures to secure Ben's legacy on the show . 

She reckOns that Carlivati will do a plot twist where we find out that Ben is actually not Clyde 's son and That BEns's parents are Marlena and Don Craig thus making Ben Will's uncLe and Sami's brother. 

Omg!!!! Ben as baby DJ? The internet would explode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

"P.S. If it weren't for the fact that DAYS' budget is so cheap, I would soon expect Gabi to become a dominatrix. She seems the type. Unfortunately, the leather straps would actually be velcro purchased out of the clearance bins at JoAnn Fabrics. "

LOL. I agree with this comment.

I just copied it from another Days discussion forum. Had no where to post it . But it is funny !!!

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

The time has come for Brady to take a hike .

Honestly, he is just so tiring to Watch . His love life is exhausting to watch . Enough is enOugh !!!

Just reunite him with ChlOe and give them both a happy ever after. 

With Brady gone ,Perhaps TIIC can try to delevop Eli as a character. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

It's not like Brady and Eli are similar characters that the show had decided to focus only on Brady. Eli and Lani have been on the show for a few years and the show has zero interest in developing anything interesting about them.

• Love 6

The time has come for Brady to take a hike .

Honestly, he is just so tiring to Watch . His love life is exhausting to watch . Enough is eniugh !!! Just reunite him with ChlOe and give them both a happy ever after. 

As Nilyank has stated Eli and Lani have been around for years and very little development but that's by design as they're the token black characters of the show. If they really cared they would develop them and make them a focal point... they don't so..

I agree Brady is useless at this point but so is everyone else on this show you could dump half the cast and it wouldn't be noticeable at this point because its that bad.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As Nilyank has stated Eli and Lani have been around for years and very little development but that's by design as they're the token black characters of the show. If they really cared they would develop them and make them a focal point... they don't so..

Ron has said that he does not understand Black people, so he cannot write for them. Eli and Lani were created by other writers.  Of the two, Eli has more potential, I would like to know more about his life with Valerie and his stepdad. They should not have killed David off, David should have come back and confront Valerie for keeping him from his son. David should have tried to reconnect with Eli and deal with his complicated relationship with Julie. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron has said that he does not understand Black people, so he cannot write for them. Eli and Lani were created by other writers.  Of the two, Eli has more potential, I would like to know more about his life with Valerie and his stepdad. They should not have killed David off, David should have come back and confront Valerie for keeping him from his son. David should have tried to reconnect with Eli and deal with his complicated relationship with Julie. 

This isn't really a Ron thing other writers don't write for minority characters on soaps the only ones that seemed to be able to were Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon who are long gone.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Shawn CHristian should have been cast as David Banning in the first place. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron Actually Said that ? Wow !!

He cleArly does not understand non-psycho And non-devious characters hence Why he is far More comfortable writing for psycho's and devious characters .