Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think Nicole should have remained a vixen and she should have been paired with Alexander Kiriakis played the actor who plays Xander. He can do an American accent. I also felt that Nicole should not have had a biological child with Doctor Tan. Doctor Tan should have been the necktie killer..

While I preferred Vixen Nicole after a certain age it gets kind of stale. I mean I can't imagine Nicole being as desperate etc as Gabi at this point in time it would be rather sad. Look at Brady pushing 50 and he still has the same story as he did a good decade ago has shown no real growth either. They could have not completely defanged her though. Soaps used to be able to write characters who evolved and managed to still  be interesting.

That being said I would've been fine had Nicole stayed dead back in Nashville tbh 

• Love 2
On 7/27/2020 at 5:57 AM, Pearson80 said:

I think Nicole should have remained a vixen and she should have been paired with Alexander Kiriakis played the actor who plays Xander. He can do an American accent. I also felt that Nicole should not have had a biological child with Doctor Tan. Doctor Tan should have been the necktie killer..

Dr Tan being the serial killer would have been off the chain !! 

• Love 5

Found the last Abigail storyline interesting.   JMHO KM did a good job with Abby being scared and not sure what was real and her hallucinations.  It was strange how the storyline kind of ended with her just being shipped off.  

• Love 3

I think now is the perfect time to bring back Trevor Donovan to reprise the role of Jeremy Horton. Why not? Right now he is only doing Hallmark flicks twice a year . I think there is a possibility that he could be lured back.

Yes ,the character was a bit of a bust back in 2007 but that is all on the late hogan Sheffer ,who had no clue on what to do with him exactly and just pretty much threw spagetti at the wall trying to see what sticks  . Why the heck not? Plus Trevor did put out a video wishing the show a happy 50th anniversary . Its clear that there is no bad blood between him and Corday.

I think there is a chance he could be lured back . 

He has improved as an actor and would be much better this time around. 

They can take it further and try to bring back roark Critchlow as Mike Horton.  Iv ways wanted to see Jeremy and Mike interacting . Mike could easily return to Salem to be the new Chief of staff at Salem Hospital and Jeremy could return after Mike has a healthscare .

Come on Days ,make it happen.

trevor-donovan-1545891614.jpg

roark-critchlow.jpg

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Trevor Donovan has history of kissing Freddie Smith.  Too bad Freddie will be gone.  😄

Trevor Donovan's Twitter page is adorable. It's mostly about puppies, 80's childhood nostalgia, and posting pictures of junk food that he fantasizes about eating. He'd definitely be game for coming back. His Hallmark gigs are nice but he probably only shoots about 32 days a year.

• Love 3

Oh please.... no offense, but I don't think we can attribute any single character's prevalence on the show to the ratings going down. I hate Ben and I think he's a complete vortex of suck, but even I can't say that Ben is the entire reason the show is going South. It's the writing. Run manipulates the characters into situations so he can get clips for these trailers that look compelling but ultimately amount to nothing. People are slapping each other and having arguments every other week but I don't feel like I'm watching a show where any of the characters are growing or progressing through life, at least not as I know it.

Ron has had a few good ideas of course, but there's just way too much plot happening and it all feels like it's flying by so quickly that you don't have to care about it.

...of course, at least we get a variety now. Under under Dena's reign of terror, it was only the characters she liked in the spotlight, with three plots at a time for months on end and it was boring as hell. The Hernandez Family? What the hell was that...?! It was nice to meet Gabi's mother, but I don't under why they suddenly forced all rhise characters under one roof. It was like a weird sitcom. Remember that stripper Mama H brought from Mexico? The one she tried to set up with Rafe? And *urp* Summer?!? Bleah. I didn't know what show I was watching. At least Ron tries to use legacy characters and remembers old plot points and occasionally does something interesting with them.

But still - he's partly the reason people are tunng out though this was also inevitable...young people don't really watch soaps now. I do think it would be better if it was better written of course, but they also have to cultivate a new audience.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh please.... no offense, but I don't think we can attribute any single character's prevalence on the show to the ratings going down. I hate Ben and I think he's a complete vortex of suck, but even I can't say that Ben is the entire reason the show is going South. It's the writing. Run manipulates the characters into situations so he can get clips for these trailers that look compelling but ultimately amount to nothing. People are slapping each other and having arguments every other week but I don't feel like I'm watching a show where any of the characters are growing or progressing through life, at least not as I know it.

Ron has had a few good ideas of course, but there's just way too much plot happening and it all feels like it's flying by so quickly that you don't have to care about it.

...of course, at least we get a variety now. Under under Dena's reign of terror, it was only the characters she liked in the spotlight, with three plots at a time for months on end and it was boring as hell. The Hernandez Family? What the hell was that...?! It was nice to meet Gabi's mother, but I don't under why they suddenly forced all rhise characters under one roof. It was like a weird sitcom. Remember that stripper Mama H brought from Mexico? The one she tried to set up with Rafe? And *urp* Summer?!? Bleah. I didn't know what show I was watching. At least Ron tries to use legacy characters and remembers old plot points and occasionally does something interesting with them.

But still - he's partly the reason people are tunng out though this was also inevitable...young people don't really watch soaps now. I do think it would be better if it was better written of course, but they also have to cultivate a new audience.

You can’t have a successful show unless you have good writers and actors who can play the characters that have written successfully.

Good writing will get you nowhere if the actors are just reciting lines. Good acting will get you nowhere if the writier is writing whack storylines .Actors have to take what is written and make it work. Anything less than that is going to be a disaster. Now when you got a pretty inept writer like Carlivati and mix that with "actors " like RSW , you get  a disastrous result. Hell, alot of the actors , and especially those who are being shoved down the audience's throats such as Ciara , Ben ,Gabi ,Jake are not leading actors whatsoever . They dont have "it" .

• Love 1

I disagree about Brandon Barash he's great not sure if I see him taking Days into the future(as there isn't much of one) but he's one of the best ones they have. He managed to make a character that was radioactive in Stefan and made him popular to the audience. 

That being said Johnny Zacchara (his GH character) was way better.

• Love 5
On 9/9/2020 at 1:45 AM, DisneyBoy said:

As for Ron remembering and using the shows legacy and history ,i think its been a miss. Look at the Diana Collville ,Rex Brady and Bill Horton debacle .  That sure as hell wasnt diana or rex at all . And the sami vs nicole where carlivati selects which aspect of history he gets to use and which aspect he either didnt know about or blatantly ignored with the Sami being Stan being the latter . I mean nicole was the one who put two and two tigether and figured out that Sami was Stan and she even told Kate this info and Kate crashed Lucas and Sami's wedding wearing the Stan mask and exposed Sami . Why didnt Nicole snap back at sami during the custody hearing about her being Stan ,the man who aided iraqi terrorists , was a drug dealer who supplied John with morphine , stole the same morphime from the hospital and so on. Nicole could have stated that Stan was so wicked that "he " gave nicole the idea to sabotage chloe's surgery and stan supplied nicole with the hospital gear she needed to sneak into Chloe's surgery procedure .And sami could have snapped back that Nicole was the one who ultimately went ahead and sabotaged Chloe's surgery . Carlivati left this aspect of history out of this nonsensical custody battle. 

And then the Bill Horton debacle proved that carlivati is a hack once and for all  . Instead of doing the sinsible thing and finally killing off Tommy Horton ,Jr , a character that is inexplicably still alive despite the actor who played Tommy dying in the mid 1990s . Carlivati should have given the character closure and killing him and having JJ and the Horton crew going to over to Hawaii to bury Tommy there .

The show wont get anything out of tommy at this point because the character is very old ,as he was born in 1931 which would make him 89 years old . Plus there arent many actors that age range around . Bill on the other hand still had plenty of legs . He is the last born Horton and being born in the late 1940s ,could have stepped up to be the patriach of the Hortons and we never ever saw him interact with Will ,Jeremy and Abby . 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Absolutely.  And her entire wardrobe.  She owns a successful fashion/clothing company?  No way, not looking like that!

I agree with you about her wardrobe but I like Gabi because the Hortons hate her.. Now they have a serial killer in their ranks so they can all shut the hell up, yes, I am looking at especially you Julie.  You can no longer throw Nick in Gabi's face while playing nice with the man that killed Will..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
On 9/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, Pearson80 said:

I agree with you about her wardrobe but I like Gabi because the Hortons hate her.. Now they have a serial killer in their ranks so they can all shut the hell up, yes, I am looking at especially you Julie.  You can no longer throw Nick in Gabi's face while playing nice with the man that killed Will..

Except that Gabi tried to kill Julie, so of course Julie can have any beef she wants with her.  I don't like Julie either, but I don't agree with you here.  Gabi is 100X more horrible than Julie.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Except that Gabi tried to kill Julie, so of course Julie can have any beef she wants with her.  I don't like Julie either, but I don't agree with you here.  Gabi is 100X more horrible that Julie.

She didn't try to kill Julie, she just threatened to kill her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

She didn't try to kill Julie, she just threatened to kill her.

I assumed the poster meant the time Gabi accidentally pushed Julie down the stairs of the Kiriakis Mansion. Personally, I loved the moment, and I'm someone who likes Julie.

I guess that brings me to my unpopular opinion, I loved the Julie/Gabi rivalry. Mainly because it was rooted in actual history that I saw develop and progress on the show and I thought both characters and the people around them responded in character and in a logical sense. It gave both characters fire and I thought the actresses worked well together and had great antagonistic chemistry.

On the other hand, the Gabi/Abby rivalry is a complete failure to me because they don't have any of that in their favor. Especially when Marci Miller is in the role.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I assumed the poster meant the time Gabi accidentally pushed Julie down the stairs of the Kiriakis Mansion. Personally, I loved the moment, and I'm someone who likes Julie.

Oh, I forgot about this time - thanks!  Then she has tried to kill Julie more than once! 

Because she most definitely tried to kill Julie at Eli and Lani's wedding.  Gabi used the app to control the pacemaker to try to kill her; Gabi just didn't know that Julie was on to her and had it switched out.  While it may not fit the legal definition of "attempted murder," it still showed that Gabi wanted to and was trying to kill Julie.  Counts for me.  Gabi is an evil wench.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Oh, I forgot about this time - thanks!  Then she has tried to kill Julie more than once! 

Because she most definitely tried to kill Julie at Eli and Lani's wedding.  Gabi used the app to control the pacemaker to try to kill her; Gabi just didn't know that Julie was on to her and had it switched out.  While it may not fit the legal definition of "attempted murder," it still showed that Gabi wanted to and was trying to kill Julie.  Counts for me.  Gabi is an evil wench.

Yep. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I guess that brings me to my unpopular opinion, I loved the Julie/Gabi rivalry. Mainly because it was rooted in actual history that I saw develop and progress on the show and I thought both characters and the people around them responded in character and in a logical sense. It gave both characters fire and I thought the actresses worked well together and had great antagonistic chemistry.

On the other hand, the Gabi/Abby rivalry is a complete failure to me because they don't have any of that in their favor. Especially when Marci Miller is in the role.

Gabi didn't push Julie down the stairs she accidentally fell.  However I agree with you about everything else especially the Gabi/Abby rivalry which on paper should be great but on screen its a total flop for a variety of reasons.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi didn't push Julie down the stairs she accidentally fell.  However I agree with you about everything else especially the Gabi/Abby rivalry which on paper should be great but on screen its a total flop for a variety of reasons.

The actresses have no chemistry together (Gabi and both version of Abby) neither as friends or enemies. Fighting over Chad? Pass. Fighting over Dimera Enterprises? Bigger pass.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The actresses have no chemistry together (Gabi and both version of Abby) neither as friends or enemies. Fighting over Chad? Pass. Fighting over Dimera Enterprises? Bigger pass.

That and the show had Abby and JJ be friendly with Gabi despite the whole Andrew thing and Jack's "death" when it should be a source of tension to begin with not Chad or Dimera. 

Sami/Nicole had better chemistry,  setup, and same energy to make their feud last decades. Plus they love the same people so there will always be something that brings them together. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That and the show had Abby and JJ be friendly with Gabi despite the whole Andrew thing and Jack's "death" when it should be a source of tension to begin with not Chad or Dimera. 

Sami/Nicole had better chemistry,  setup, and same energy to make their feud last decades. Plus they love the same people so there will always be something that brings them together. 

Back in the day, soaps knew how to set up complex rivalries that wasn't always about a man. Viki/Dorian from one life to live and Katherine/Jill were the best soap rivalries, followed by Brooke/Erica from all my children, the Natalie/Erica rivalry had some teeth as well.. Sami/Nicole could have been better but they were the best  rivalry during their era, plus, you have both ladies who were on the same level morally. It was not a standard good girl/bad girl with the good girl winning all the time. Both Sami and Nicole have done despicable things to others for their selfish reasons. The funny thing with Sami and Nicole is that Sami genuinely liked Nicole until Nicole betrayed her. Nicole seems to have a thing about wanting those closest to Sami, first her brother, EJ, her ex Lucas, Will (Yes, I know she married Lucas for money but it was also to get Will away from Sami in favor of Lucas) and finally her daughter Sydney. With better complex writing, they could have been on the same level as Viki/Dorian.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

Even though this is an UO, I'm sure I'll still catch flack for it. I'm tired of hearing how Stefan 'raped' a mentally ill person. Stefan and Gabby had been flirting for months before they slept together. Gabby was in total control of her body and mind at that time. Gabby practically seduced Stefan, and they wound up having consensual sex, regardless of whether it was right or wrong. IMO, if anyone is that mentally ill, then that person really shouldn't be roaming the streets, especially with MPD, unless that person is in total control of their faculties.

• Love 1

Why do people assume Jason Brooks actually wants to return? I liked Peter so I had no issue with him unlike most J&J fans(and it was easier to accept since Jack wasn't played by MA at the time) however he wasn't that memorable a character tbh. Kristen was the superior Blake sibling. I'm fine with the show ignoring the Peter years and its rather easy to do so considering by the end J&J were played by other people so it felt like I was watching something else.

• Love 2

No more Dimeras, enough! how did they become the most important family in Salem. Every writing regime has brought back a Dimera or in Ron's case created 2 new Dimeras..

How about bringing back some more Bradys, Kiriakis or Hortons. I may not be a fan of JER but I always loved it when he said that you can never have too many Bradys in Salem.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7

If it means Abby leaving town, I'm a-okay with a Dimera exodus. 

As much as I love Hope, I've been team Hope since KA took over the role in the early 80s, I'm not all that sad to see her go. Sticking her with Rafe was lame and gave Hope nothing to do. I just wish she had a proper send off. 

• Love 6

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but for all people complain about the randomness of Jake and Stefan, Kristen and Peter were the original recipe version of this.  They were connected to the Dimeras but only just because.  She could have been just as easily introduced as Tony's fiance and Peter her brother for all the importance they had to the Dimeras or the Dimeras to them.  Kristen was obsessed with getting John; Peter was obsessed with getting Jennifer.  Everything they did surrounded that.

Kristen's was the more interesting turn, in large part due to Eileen's performances.  But having Kristen still around hasn't done anything but turn a whole bunch of people into into hypocrites  as they bend over backwards to give her actions a pass because she's A MOTHER. 

There's nothing on this canvas that calls for Peter.  What would he be here for?  To torture Jennifer?  Create a love triangle with Jennifer (which would ruin her given the murder, frame up jobs and gaslighting of her mother he did in an effort to keep her)?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

No more Dimeras, enough! how did they become the most important family in Salem.

Because Stefano couldn't keep it in his pants.

4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

There's nothing on this canvas that calls for Peter.  What would he be here for? 

He could come back to help care for his niece when/if his sister goes to prison. If the writers are creative enough, I'm sure they could come up with a few scenarios.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

No more Dimeras, enough! how did they become the most important family in Salem. Every writing regime has brought back a Dimera or in Ron's case created 2 new Dimeras..

How about bringing back some more Bradys, Kiriakis or Hortons. I may not be a fan of JER but I always loved it when he said that you can never have too many Bradys in Salem.  

In a weird sort of way , I agree. However ,They should stop with inventing more  long lost kids for Stefano. That is my main issue .

Jake and Stefan should never exist and they should be outted as Con artists .  

I think from now on they should rather resurrect Megan or Renee or bring back Peter. Actual organic legacies of House DiMera unlike freaking Stefan and Jake.

And yes ,i am all for it to reduce the DiMeras to just andre/Tony(Recurring Status )  , Peter and Chad (contract) .

No need for Sydney and Johnny (make him Lucas's kid ) either.  They can return perhaps 5 years later. TIIC have failed miserably with the last two teen sets anyway. 

Edited by Rafael
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but for all people complain about the randomness of Jake and Stefan, Kristen and Peter were the original recipe version of this.  They were connected to the Dimeras but only just because.  She could have been just as easily introduced as Tony's fiance and Peter her brother for all the importance they had to the Dimeras or the Dimeras to them.  Kristen was obsessed with getting John; Peter was obsessed with getting Jennifer.  Everything they did surrounded that.

Kristen's was the more interesting turn, in large part due to Eileen's performances.  But having Kristen still around hasn't done anything but turn a whole bunch of people into into hypocrites  as they bend over backwards to give her actions a pass because she's A MOTHER. 

There's nothing on this canvas that calls for Peter.  What would he be here for?  To torture Jennifer?  Create a love triangle with Jennifer (which would ruin her given the murder, frame up jobs and gaslighting of her mother he did in an effort to keep her)?

Easy . There is no need to put him in Jen 's orbit at all.   

Have him return to Salem to help Chad run the DiMera empire .

Have him hook up with Jan Spears for her wealth in order to absorb her wealth into the DiMera fold . Afterall ,the DiMera empire is falling and not what it used to be under Tony 's leadership. 

Awkward moments with Abby when staying in the Di mansion afterall he was her step daddy while she was a kid and they actually got along , JER probably wanted  to create bigger odds for Jack's quest to reunite his family. 

Easy peasy .

Plus Jack is also on the canvas . Easily cause drama by demanding that Peter stay far from Abby . Easy peasy . 

You claim he is not necesaary. I disagree  . Kristen is the one who should have stayed gone after jumping off that castle .

Now That is a character who has totally  expired ,just like Nicole.

Atleast Peter would be somewhat fresh addition . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, JaneDigby said:

If it means Abby leaving town, I'm a-okay with a Dimera exodus. 

As much as I love Hope, I've been team Hope since KA took over the role in the early 80s, I'm not all that sad to see her go. Sticking her with Rafe was lame and gave Hope nothing to do. I just wish she had a proper send off. 

Me neither. Her appeal depended on her and Bo's pairing.

The character's shortcomings as a a single character were exposed . 

On top of that she never really managed to be a superstar character on her own like Marlena . 

I still think they should have just given her and Bo a happy ever after back in 2015 when Peter Reckell returned briefly and have her and Bo retire as cops and sail around the world . 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

He could come back to help care for his niece when/if his sister goes to prison. If the writers are creative enough, I'm sure they could come up with a few scenarios.

Kristen isn't going to jail and Rachel has a dad.  And the writers aren't that clever.

3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Easy . There is no need to put him in Jen 's orbit at all.  

It's not easy--not for these writers.  And it's not rooted in history.  It's making up stuff in order to bring back a 55 a character who existed but there was nothing really distinguishable about him other than that the actor was hot* and he's forbidden fruit because it's rumored the character was "banned" from the show.  It's not like Kristen needs a support system.  Almost everyone is supporting her.

*Not that they'd even bring back Jason.  They'd probably Diana him and bring him back if they needed to find a character for an actor they wanted to bring on the show.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

There's nothing on this canvas that calls for Peter.  ...  To torture Jennifer?  

I suffered through Dannifer so, yes, bringing back Peter to torture Jennifer would work for me. Jennifer would be a ton more interesting to me if she didn't skate on her mistakes. Peter & Kristen teaming up again could be fun. 

Although I would gladly trade every Dimera (including Tony!) to rid my screen of Abigail (or AbiWail, as she's known at Casa de Digby) there are enough theoretical and off-screen Dimeras and enough usable history to spice things up on screen. Megan and her ginormous hair! Renee! (Ok, I'm a little fixated on her. I was a child.) Benjy! (He's a Dimera, he can't be Isabella-dead.) 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, JaneDigby said:

I suffered through Dannifer so, yes, bringing back Peter to torture Jennifer would work for me. Jennifer would be a ton more interesting to me if she didn't skate on her mistakes.

But having someone come on to torture Jennifer, in the way he tortured her before, wouldn't make her "pay for her mistakes."  It'd just turn her into the innocent little victim.

The show could add a new and interesting angle if it were to focus on how Jennifer made mistakes in her relationship with Jack--i.e. always finding mostly unstable men more "stable" but every time the show has had the chance to do that, they haven't.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 4:49 AM, Irlandesa said:

Have you forgotten about the return of Larry Welch circa 2002 ? 

He was off the canvas since 1985 and returned after 17 years and yet he was a privotal character in Zack /Hope's kidnapping storyline ,which many regard as the show's best storyline in the early 2000s . 

Bare in mind that I started watching the show during the JER years circa 1994 and never ever heard of Larry or ever saw him in action. And yet via flashbacks and character exposition ,i was instantly invested in Larry and his plots and how they were affecting Victor , Hope and Bo because of their established history . 

Same thing with Steve , I never saw him in action and he left the show in 1990 and returned 16 years later and yet i was invested in him after the show used various character connections ,flashbacks and exposition to introduce steve to a whole new audience .

If these two can have succesful returns ,why not Peter ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
On 10/19/2020 at 1:40 AM, MsTree said:

Even though this is an UO, I'm sure I'll still catch flack for it. I'm tired of hearing how Stefan 'raped' a mentally ill person. Stefan and Gabby had been flirting for months before they slept together. Gabby was in total control of her body and mind at that time. Gabby practically seduced Stefan, and they wound up having consensual sex, regardless of whether it was right or wrong. IMO, if anyone is that mentally ill, then that person really shouldn't be roaming the streets, especially with MPD, unless that person is in total control of their faculties.

Sit at my table. If this were the real world, everyone in Salem having sex would be a rapist and a rape victim. Why? Because their IQs are so low there is just no way they can "consent" to a malted milkshake let alone sex. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Bare in mind that I started watching the show during the JER years circa 1994 and never ever heard of Larry or ever saw him in action. And yet via flashbacks and character exposition ,i was instantly invested in Larry and his plots and how they were affecting Victor , Hope and Bo because of their established history .

Larry's your best comparison to Peter, I think.  But he had a short term role to play a part in a specific plot---a plot that probably could have been told without him but he won the "let's make it be this guy from 20 years ago still upset over being dumped" lottery.  It was really short and specific.

Was it him that made the plot successful or was it the fact that it was about Bo and Hope?

So in theory, yes, Peter could fill a short term role like that. But I don't think the show needs him like that.

7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Same thing with Steve , I never saw him in action and he left the show in 1990 and returned 16 years later and yet i was invested in him after the show used various character connections ,flashbacks and exposition to introduce steve to a whole new audience .

Peter Blake isn't Steve.  Steve was a well-integrated member of the show with close ties to his family, friends, he was part of a supercouple and he had a child.  There was always a place for him. 

Peter wasn't that.  I just don't understand the feeling that Melissa's alleged "no Peter rule" was preventing the show from having one of its greatest characters and now that she's gone, they should bring him back.  That rule, if it exists, really isn't a hardship for the show.

• Love 3

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the EJ Abigail affair was worth it just for the material they provided Alison Sweeney. I have never liked Sami more than when she finally clued in to the fact that her husband was a creepy deadbeat who wasn't worth her time and then concocted a months-long plan to steal his company away and have him jailed for being a cheating asshole. I loved everything about Sami at that point, except for her ridiculous hair extensions at the wedding and the over-the-top way she called Abigail her best friend. That didn't make any sense. Abigail was never Sami's contemporary and they were never friends in the past, just at that time for the sake of her torturing Abigail. But ah, what beautiful torture! Her showing Jennifer pictures of Abigail having sex with EJ was genius. Her tormenting EJ behind bars was genius. Her high-fiving Kate in the mansion that they had taken away from Stefano and EJ was genius. I definitely think it was a high-water mark for Sami as a character and a great storyline to go out on, at least until they doubled back and had EJ worm his way back into her pants and her heart and go out some kind of Fallen Hero in her eyes. That was bull. And yes, the whole storyline made Abigail look trashy as hell, but I don't think that's out of step with her character. I just wish the show would own it and have Jack and Jennifer realize that their daughter is less than some perfect angel. Unfortunately that day has yet to come.

It just seems like so many of Sami's stories are about her overreacting or making wild decisions that hurt other people or being selfish. I think it was great to see all of her hurricane energy used to target someone completely worthy of destruction. Sami was The Woman Scorned and it was kind of amazing.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Peter wasn't that.  I just don't understand the feeling that Melissa's alleged "no Peter rule" was preventing the show from having one of its greatest characters and now that she's gone, they should bring him back.  That rule, if it exists, really isn't a hardship for the show.

Just to clarify, this is sarcasm, correct?  Because I've been an on-and-off viewer since the mid-90s, and I have no significant memories of Peter Blake being a great character. 

• LOL 1