Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

"You forgot the part where she challenges her customer to an IQ test. She did that to a commenter in an article I posted, lol." Edited to give credit to - gimipizzauoldtroll for the link to the article!

I read that article and it was so weird that she and her sister are arguing with commenters!

Edited by barbaralewis
  • Love 3
I know I'm late to the party, but i just watched the episode with meghans game night.damn those were some childish stupid moronic "games" they did with the "guess what your spouse would say" part of the evening. I would refuse to take part in that idiocy (not sure if that's a word). I would take my significant other, grab a cocktail and politely excuse myself from Meghans dumbass "party".

For someone who considers themselves so young and fresh...that was the lamest party I have ever seen on any of  the howives franchise.  Even though other ladies often hire party planners, they usually put some input into the get together so that everyone has a good time (example: Lisa Vanderpump, heck even rich Adrian used to at least check up on things).  It felt like some of the men where having to struggle to keep from falling asleep.

I think Meghan (or more likely Bravo) hired those lame hosts and called it a day.  It often feels like Meghan is very lazy and seems to want praise for minimal effort. She probably get quite irked when she is not celebrated for the smallest things. 

I am sure Meghan will attribute the party's failure to all the old people.  For some reason she thinks 30 is the new 16.

• Love 4

Now that we know more about what Shannon was going through last year, I think Meghan is a sociopath. She watched last season for sure. She immediately picked a fight with Shannon who seemed fragile and now we know why. I suspect Meghan knew why too, She was in the hoedown episode and if everyone knew about the affair , so did she. AND someone on here (I'm sorry I can't remember who) pointed out that the mistress is known for being "charitable" hmm so Shannon gets a call from an unknown number and Meghan picks a fight and calls Shannon uncharitable. What a mean psycho bitch!

Edited by barbaralewis
  • Love 9

Here goes Meghan laying on the charm:  Calling Vicki the "Old Grandma" of the OC.  Put on your thinking cap Meghan-before you tweet- http://www.allabouttrh.com/vicki-gunvalson-thinks-meghan-king-should-get-fired-meghan-responds/

Maybe I'd care about Vicki if she were a decent person. These two can destroy each other and it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Does Meghan realize that tweens don't watch this show?

• Love 3

I find Jim really unattractive. Probably moreso than any house husband on any franchise. I know he can't help it, but with the teeny little head that looks like a steeple, and the jutting lower jaw with the open mouth he just looks so cave mannish. Sorry Jimbo. I really noticed it in last night's episode.

• Love 7

That's unfair to NPH who is nicer looking, funnier, immensely more talented, human, etc.

I know, and I felt a bit of guilt posting it. Love me some NPH! Someone pointed out that she looks like the late Heath Ledger, but I can't remember who said it or where I saw it.  All of the above applies in that case too!

http://www.mashahir.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/resized_Heath-Ledger-Pictures.jpg

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 1

I caught the contrast between Meghan's blonde and Tamra's when they were lunching. I do love Meghan's color, the low lights are perfection.

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 1

Meghan has ruined this season for me.

I felt this for a few weeks.

I actually had an open mind. But quickly realized she isn't entertaining, funny, cool and is just an empty seeming person with no chemistry with the other HW. JMHO. I'm not trying to bash her or be a bitch. I think deep down her life is very sad. I wouldn't trade places with her. Other HW lives are sad, but at least they can be interesting or funny at moments.

Honestly if they X out Meghan and Tamra and bring back Lizzie and Lydia that would be so much better and at least make sense in the group.

• Love 7

Hereees   Meghan. . . . http://www.eonline.com/news/686812/meghan-edmonds-teases-real-housewives-of-orange-county-s-biggest-mystery-does-brooks-have-cancer

All I can say is LeAnn Rimes got her ass kicked for three years for referring to Eddie and his sons as "my boys" in a tweet. And LeAnn actually financially supports them.  Now here is Meghan calling Jim's children "my kids".

The picture with Meghan in the pink hair is absolutely terrifying.  She looks insane.  Meghan says:  "You can attack me and my marriage all you want, but when you attack my kids, it's war."  Well Meghan, most of the country wouldn't know enough about Hayley to attack her if not for you.  Off the top of my head, here are the things Meghan has told us (or shown us) about her beloved step-daughter:

Hayley couldn't hack it in ordinary high school in St. Louis, because she was constantly truant.

Hayley goes to an alternative high school in the OC, and can't manage to show up once a week.

Hayley is so dumb she can't answer simple math homework.

Hayley identifies with and finds it easier to confide in her step-mother.

Hayley gets $100 allowance but doesn't bother to go to school or put away her dishes.

Hayley is an ungrateful brat and treats her dying mother like shit.

Hayley is on birth control just because.

Hayley sides with her father in mocking her step-mother (I can't blame her for this one).

• Love 6

The picture with Meghan in the pink hair is absolutely terrifying.  She looks insane.  Meghan says:  "You can attack me and my marriage all you want, but when you attack my kids, it's war."  Well Meghan, most of the country wouldn't know enough about Hayley to attack her if not for you.  Off the top of my head, here are the things Meghan has told us (or shown us) about her beloved step-daughter:

Hayley couldn't hack it in ordinary high school in St. Louis, because she was constantly truant.

Hayley goes to an alternative high school in the OC, and can't manage to show up once a week.

Hayley gets $100 allowance but doesn't bother to go to school or put away her dishes.

Hayley sides with her father in mocking her step-mother (I can't blame her for this one).

Meghan's blog, there are no words.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season/blogs/meghan-king-edmonds/meghan-cancer-is-serious

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Going into meeting Vicki I was so relieved to know that I would have a friend and ally in the horrible cancer journey

What? Why? They have to be bffs because they both have a person in their life with cancer? And sheesh, Leanne's cancer is all about Meghan, how it affects her, her feelings...What a child.

• Love 6

Well, seeing pictures of Meghan as a child dispels the gender "rumors".

In her blog, Meghan said Vicki's after dinner text mentioned cancer. I thought it interesting since I believe Vicki had a clue what Shannon was about to say.

I kind of wonder if Tamra called Vicki offscreen and filled her in before the dinner.

I am guessing production filled her in. At least Vicki apologized for treating Shannon like pooh.

• Love 1

I think Meghan is very smart but also very naive. I think she is just trying to figure life out and is frantically trying to put all the pieces together. She see herself as a perfectionist and she's mentally working very hard to understand everything that's happening around her. I think her feeling lost is a new feeling to her and it makes her feel insecure. She's scared of people mocking her or them thinking she's beneath them, so she lashes out in anger, trying to "put people in their place". In this last way, she's not so different from Vicki.

I also think she has a huge ego and never thinks she's wrong about anything despite being lost. She has no idea how entitled she actually is and sees herself as a good person. But her huge ego and entitlement (and her meanness) are what rub people the wrong way.

• Love 3

This.

Spot on.

"My" kids...really Meghan? You expose her flaws, chastise any criticism and claim her as "yours" all at the same time? My favorite part were her comments that bio moms don't understand...well, in your case Meghan, Allison and the rest of the bio moms on RHOC don't care. Do you really blame them?

• Love 4

Meghan looks so much like an insect in her THs. I think it may be how her hair is styled so high on her head that it resembles antennae. Not to mention her pinched features and long spindly limbs. I keep imagining that she's going to sprout 2 more arms and eat the production crew.

• Love 5

Meghan looks so much like an insect in her THs. I think it may be how her hair is styled so high on her head that it resembles antennae. Not to mention her pinched features and long spindly limbs. I keep imagining that she's going to sprout 2 more arms and eat the production crew.

Yeah, her look in her TH's is awful. If I were a HW, I'd make sure I looked my best in my TH's. Many of them do.

• Love 2

In no way, shape, or form is speculating that Meghan is transgender or a hermaphrodite or anything an acceptable line of discussion.

This is exactly what I was trying to convey in my post that got deleted before this statement. In fact, I posted as such yesterday and it was deleted, and then this notice appeared. I was obviously on the same page. Glad it was brought to a mod's attention.

• Love 2

No, no, no. The giraffe comparison is incorrect and only applied because of her ultra-long neck. But, as noted, she has no spots or purple tongue. And besides, ET had an long extendable neck but no one ever called him a giraffe.

You need to look at the body shape in its entirety: the really long torso, the very long skinny legs that jut out akimbo at weird angles, the strange turns of the head when she detects a possible food source (literal or figurative). She's a praying mantis with a long neck.

• Love 4

Radar Online Exclusive: "Jealous Haters Gonna Hate!" RHOC's Meghan Edmonds responds to accusations that she is a giraffe

See also: Radar Online Exclusive: RHOC's Meghan Edmonds photographed eating the leaves of acacia trees with prehensile tongue

• Love 8

She reminds me of a character out of a Tim Burton movie.  I would like to see her with her natural hair color.  That might help.

... so, to speak out of both sides of my mouth, I am feeling kinda badly for Megan. Megan is not a bad person and I find her completely genuine in her desire to be a good wife and (step)mother.  I don't think she would intentionally hurt others...in comparison to Tamra and Vicki who I think do plot and scheme a bit.

The word "naive" was used above.  Megan's age and limited life experiences are showing.  I don't think that's a bad thing, though.  It's a good reminder that perceptions differ based on things like age.

• Love 1

I agree with OhGromit and ebkitty. I myself have pegged Meghan as a sociopath since the beginning.

A) The joy she took in reminding Shannon more than once that she wasn't "flirting" with David at the hoedown (yea, right). Why even bring it up and upset the woman with that image, esp. when you know they are having serious problems in their marriage? Strictly to cause insecurity and anxiety in Shannon!  To feel superior to her as well. Total sociopath move.

B) she sat on the beach with Hayley and reminded her that her (Hayley's) mother was DYING and how AWFUL it would be for Hayley when that happened. It was really, really sick. Just like with Shannon, she was only secretly trying to get a reaction out of Hayley, to see her face fall. THAT is textbook sociopath. Meghan gives me the full-on creeps. She is mean at her core.

I hate the idea of her as a stepmother to young kids. What kind of example will she set? She has ice cold blood running through her veins.

• Love 12

Megan is not a bad person and I find her completely genuine in her desire to be a good wife and (step)mother.  I don't think she would intentionally hurt others...in comparison to Tamra and Vicki who I think do plot and scheme a bit.

The word "naive" was used above.  Megan's age and limited life experiences are showing.  I don't think that's a bad thing, though.  It's a good reminder that perceptions differ based on things like age.

I'm not so sure i agree. Mehgan seems to target Shannon a lot for no real reason, that leads me to believe she is a bit of a bully. I definitely don't think she is naive so much as she wants us to believe she is. She seems to be trying to build this persona of the "spunky innocent being thrown to the wolves." But we all know this is not her first rodeo. She has two reality shows under her belt, and i would bet my right arm that she studied this show for a while before being cast on it. 

I think a large reason that she is so disliked by viewers is that we can see through her act. I really suspect she thought that she would come out a fan favorite by playing the "new young innocent wife who isn't afraid to speak her mind." She is disingenuous and audiences hate that. 

• Love 17

... so, to speak out of both sides of my mouth, I am feeling kinda badly for Megan. Megan is not a bad person and I find her completely genuine in her desire to be a good wife and (step)mother.  I don't think she would intentionally hurt others...in comparison to Tamra and Vicki who I think do plot and scheme a bit.

Well, with respect I'm not all that sure about this. I tend to believe that she had some vague visions of rose covered cottages when she married Mike, along with nice cars, plenty of spending money and some VIP treatment because of his likely fading fame. She may well even had fantasies of becoming Carol Brady but with better clothes.

But yes, as a poster above rightly points out, she's been around a few blocks before this and went in with eyes opened--or certainly should have. It seems to me that she cast herself as the new, young breath of fresh air who could breathe new life into a tired show. Unfortunately for her, she misjudged and comes across as a total bitch, an arrogant mean girl and occasional nasty jerk. She has not won over the fan base.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wish people would stop using her age as an excuse for her behavior. I'm younger than her and I think she's awful. I would never talk to people the way she does. She honestly gives me thE creeps.

This is not a smart group of women on this show. She ruined an opportunity to endear herself to the public and it would've been pretty easy had she not decided to be the villain.

I still don't understand how she claims to be able to take on the responsibilities of being a stepmom. She can't even introduce herself on the phone properly and she needs to call a stranger to pick out hor d'oeuvres.

She has no redeeming qualities or accomplishments on her own. Otherwise she wouldn't need to constantly being up her brother's career (sorry, Meghan, but there are no male supermodels, Valentino has many male model friends he mentors, and it's not a lucrative career) and Jimmy (whoever said he looks like a Ronald Reagan Halloween mask with improperly-lined-up eye holes wins the internet).

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll
  • Love 11

I started out hating Meghan but she's such a caricature of the bitchy new HW (ie. Claudia Jordan) that I'm now kind of numb to it and just take her as entertainment. She's definitely stirring the pot and keeping the drama interesting.

• Love 1

She reminds me of a character out of a Tim Burton movie. I would like to see her with her natural hair color. That might help.

Hmm, she does have those soulless button eyes like Coraline's creepy faux mom. (Not a Tim Burton movie, but almost)

• Love 3

I think Shannon should just give up the ghost and tell Meghan "Look sweetheart we are just not going to get along so I am going to wait for number four to make friends with Jim Edmonds wife. It will only be a couple of months after all."

• Love 3

I kinda wish Shannon would have started out with "I don't need to prove anything to a girl who's young enough to be my daughter!" Like gimmipizza said, it's not her age,it's her condescending attitude toward her "elders". We all get older if we're lucky! Plus, I can only dream she is forced to watch a montage of all her "i'm 30" "i'm young" "they're old" bullshit when she's 40. It's a damn short ten years!

OT- my phone auto corrects gimmipizza to sommelier? Weird. It makes me want pizza and wine!

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 4

My vitriol for this woman has forced me out of lurking. I have been a fan of the show (and everyone's comments!) since the good old TWOP days. Here is my theory on Megan: when she was trying to hook old Reagan mask Jimmy, she probably thought that the best way to prove her wife status was to pretend that she would love his kids as much, if not more, as their "real" mothers, women that Jimmy presumably dislike intensely. I think that at first Jimmy found it endearing and sweet, but now that it's become an integral part of her personality (i.e.- What about "our" kids? What are we going to do about your daughter?) it is beginning to grate. I think it is obvious that Jimmy does not like her. He is lukewarm at best and downright hostile during most of their interactions. Honestly, it seems like he is always desperate for her to stop talking. I am three years older than Megan, and I have been a stepmother for over 10 years. I love my stepdaughter, and I think the world of her, but I do not presume to call her mind. That is disrespectful to her mother (a woman that I don't particularly like, by the way) and their connection. In a nutshell, I feel like Megan's main problem is that she has no idea how to read a room. She is rigid, and unadaptable and downright obnoxious. Someone told her she was cute ones, and she has been hanging her hat on that ever since.

• Love 9

My vitriol for this woman has forced me out of lurking. I have been a fan of the show (and everyone's comments!) since the good old TWOP days. Here is my theory on Megan: when she was trying to hook old Reagan mask Jimmy, she probably thought that the best way to prove her wife status was to pretend that she would love his kids as much, if not more, as their "real" mothers, women that Jimmy presumably dislike intensely. I think that at first Jimmy found it endearing and sweet, but now that it's become an integral part of her personality (i.e.- What about "our" kids? What are we going to do about your daughter?) it is beginning to grate. I think it is obvious that Jimmy does not like her. He is lukewarm at best and downright hostile during most of their interactions. Honestly, it seems like he is always desperate for her to stop talking. I am three years older than Megan, and I have been a stepmother for over 10 years. I love my stepdaughter, and I think the world of her, but I do not presume to call her mind. That is disrespectful to her mother (a woman that I don't particularly like, by the way) and their connection. In a nutshell, I feel like Megan's main problem is that she has no idea how to read a room. She is rigid, and unadaptable and downright obnoxious. Someone told her she was cute ones, and she has been hanging her hat on that ever since.

Totally agree-- you nailed it.

• Love 2

well. i couldn't resist any longer!  in checked out andy's book.  he referenced megan  in 201 3 without naming her.  jimbo was at a cardinal game that andy was at.  according to andy, jimbo wanted to appear on wwhl.  apparently andy thinks her brother is HOT!  i wonder if we have to endure her because he has the hots for her brother.  andy mentioned jimbo's ex tried out for the oc.  interesting

• Love 2