Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

Edmonds is somehow creepier looking. Bellini just looked like a dorky dude trying to look cool. Edmonds...there's something really off about his face. Bad facelift, maybe? I don't know, but wrong. Somehow wrong.

• Love 4

Does anyone remember Meghan's entrée to the show?  It was strange, but so much happened in that episode,  I forgot.  Heather is inside the restaurant, and Meghan was outside walking down a street.  Some car horns honk and Meghan responds back as if she knew they were attempting to communicate with her.  She practically winks and shoot finger guns at them.  She also dropped something on the ground, and was digging around for it in the dark.  They made her look like she arrived drunk. She was also talking to herself.  It came off as very self-conscious of the cameras.

• Love 2
(edited)

Does anyone remember Meghan's entrée to the show?  It was strange, but so much happened in that episode,  I forgot.  Heather is inside the restaurant, and Meghan was outside walking down a street.  Some car horns honk and Meghan responds back as if she knew they were attempting to communicate with her.  She practically winks and shoot finger guns at them.  She also dropped something on the ground, and was digging around for it in the dark.  They made her look like she arrived drunk. She was also talking to herself.  It came off as very self-conscious of the cameras.

Course her earlier entree was last season, as Meghan the random girl at Heather's hoedown (at the bar with David).  That means she was still the girlfriend, not the wife... what the hell was she doing in the OC already?  So curious about the timeline of exactly when was the end of Jim's second marriage, and just when DID "Jim EDMONDS ask Meghan on a DATE!!!!!!" ??  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

Allison backed out of filming season 8 around September or October 2012 so I think it's safe to say that filing occurred around that time. They did not legally finalize the split until January 2014. According to Bustle's research of her Instagram, she and Jim began dating in 2013. The wedding occurred in October 2014 and apparently Lee Ann attended as a guest. I don't really think it's that odd that Meghan joined him in the OC in late 2013 since she was his girlfriend by then; he's apparently split his time between St. Louis and California ever since his marriage to Lee Ann and stint with the Angels. He himself is originally from California as well, I believe. The only thing that doesn't really make sense to me is Meghan's equipment sales career vs the Style Network show. It seems like she worked in the former for maybe about a year, or potentially prior to and after the latter? Also, in addition to RJ being a model, apparently her sis was on the Amazing Race. http://www.bustle.com/articles/93510-who-is-meghan-king-edmonds-ex-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-star-is-keeping-her

• Love 1

Her brother reminds me a little of Scott Eastwood.  You are cracking me up about her bike's history - SPOT ON!  That's too funny - what the heck was up with that post??

Mehgan is just odd here she is trying to convince the world how much she look like her brother, a model.  https://instagram.com/p/4pR5MZh9NG/   I don't see the resemblance.

Here is Jimmy on her bike with a complete history of her bike that he is riding.   https://instagram.com/p/4neY2xB9PY/

• Love 1

Edmonds is somehow creepier looking. Bellini just looked like a dorky dude trying to look cool. Edmonds...there's something really off about his face. Bad facelift, maybe? I don't know, but wrong. Somehow wrong.

"Smelly Dork" according to Vickie. LOL
  • Love 4
(edited)

Allison backed out of filming season 8 around September or October 2012 so I think it's safe to say that filing occurred around that time. They did not legally finalize the split until January 2014. According to Bustle's research of her Instagram, she and Jim began dating in 2013. The wedding occurred in October 2014 and apparently Lee Ann attended as a guest. I don't really think it's that odd that Meghan joined him in the OC in late 2013 since she was his girlfriend by then; he's apparently split his time between St. Louis and California ever since his marriage to Lee Ann and stint with the Angels. He himself is originally from California as well, I believe. The only thing that doesn't really make sense to me is Meghan's equipment sales career vs the Style Network show. It seems like she worked in the former for maybe about a year, or potentially prior to and after the latter? Also, in addition to RJ being a model, apparently her sis was on the Amazing Race. http://www.bustle.com/articles/93510-who-is-meghan-king-edmonds-ex-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-star-is-keeping-her

So if Jim and wife #2 were having problems in late 2012, they probably separated sometime late 2012/ early 2013 (they can't have officially separated *before* the late 2012 filming season b/c if that were the case, wife#2 would not have expressed interest in having her and Jim be part of that season of RHOC to begin with). Meghan was already the girlfriend as of late 2013, so Meghan must have been one of the first people Jim asked on a date following his separation in late 2012/early 2013.  Interesting.  I'm guessing he and Meghan must have started dating around early 2013.  Jim's divorce from wife #2 then comes through in early 2014, and later that same year, he's married to wife #3.  That Jim sure does like to be in a marriage!  Phew.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 4

So if Jim and wife #2 were having problems in late 2012, they probably separated sometime late 2012/ early 2013 (they can't have officially separated *before* the late 2012 filming season b/c if that were the case, wife#2 would not have expressed interest in having her and Jim be part of that season of RHOC to begin with). Meghan was already the girlfriend as of late 2013, so Meghan must have been one of the first people Jim asked on a date following his separation in late 2012/early 2013. Interesting. I'm guessing he and Meghan must have started dating around early 2013. Jim's divorce from wife #2 then comes through in early 2014, and later that same year, he's married to wife #3. That Jim sure does like to be in a marriage! Phew.

Ofc, Jim could already have had some sort of relationship going on with Meghan while still with wife #2. He's such a creeper and I wouldn't put it past him or Meghan.

• Love 4

One thing that makes Meghan's relationship with Hailey and LeeAnn as it is presented is Hailey has a sister who is going through the same thing as Hailey but because she apparently chose not to be filmed they don't talk about her at all. Meghan even managed to say that she missed the "little ones" in St. Louis, I mean it's good that they are respecting her apparent wishes but it is a hole in the story being presented.

(edited)

I am not talking about the boys with his second wife (though Meghan has referenced them), I am talking about LeeAnne and Jim's other daughter. Like I said since both agreed to have Hailey filmed, I imagine that it is Lauren that doesn't want to be involved with the show but acting like LeeAnne and Jim only have one daughter dealing with her mother's illness and Meghan is "raising" Hailey when there is another daughter going through the same thing as Hailey and doesn't live with Meghan and Jim means that we are not seeing the actual family dynamics. I mean I have no problem with that and Lauren is probably the smartest in the family for not wanting to be on this trainwreck, just it makes me wonder.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

I think the difference is the othe Edmonds daughter is not a minor. I'm not sure if she lives on her own, goes to college, whatever. So yes I agree it was her choice not to be on the show. Maybe they can't mention her either?

The thing is, I hate Meghan, but I don't even find it enjoyable to hate her.  She's not a love to hate; she's just a "hate."

So true.  For me that would be a Teresa Giudice, Kim Zolciak, or Tamara Barney. As for Meghan, eh...

• Love 1

Thing is, she was a fan before she came on so why doesn't she know how to play the game at this point?

Between her body language, her "relationship" with Jim, and her needling the step-kid about her mom, Meghan just creeps me out.

• Love 4

Thing is, she was a fan before she came on so why doesn't she know how to play the game at this point?

Between her body language, her "relationship" with Jim, and her needling the step-kid about her mom, Meghan just creeps me out.

I get the impression that Megan seems to think she's smarter than she really is. I'm guessing she is playing the game, at least in her own mind...positioning herself as the new, hot housewife who can put the others in her shade because she's younger, taller, thinner and married to Mr. Used To Be a Hotshit Pro Athlete. She seems to think she's the cat's whiskers.

• Love 8

I think the difference is the othe Edmonds daughter is not a minor. I'm not sure if she lives on her own, goes to college, whatever. So yes I agree it was her choice not to be on the show. Maybe they can't mention her either?

I believe she is a recent college grad (this past May I think) but I don't know where she is now. Maybe a new job is keeping her busy?

• Love 1

I thought I'd enjoy Meghan but she quickly grew annoying. She has that gung-ho, "ain't I great?!" attitude that she thinks comes across as enthusiastic and self-confident but instead reads as delusions of superiority. 

• Love 3

http://allthingsrh.com/meghan-king-edmonds-talks-experience-on-rhoc-and-relationship-with-shannon-beador/

Meghan and JIM (of course) are interviewed.  Jim just gets more and more unlikeable.

Thanks for the article.

I read the comments on that article, and with the exception of 1, they were all anti Meghan. I'm betting the 1 that said they liked her was one of Meghan's sisters or one sorority sisters...since I've seen Meghan commenting on other article, that's not a stretch.

They said Napa was heavily edited which downplayed Shannon's outburst. Yet, we have heard from Shannon & Tamra that what was edited out was not a positive light on Meghan. For example, they claim she also said Shannon was not that famous, and that Jim IS truly famous. Meghan is one of those people that have no clue that everything they do is not a good look! That's why her age keeps coming up, IMO. She is too inexperienced and Jim has his head in the clouds as a big man on campus baseball player and reality TV rookie, to realize they don't come off so swell either.

I'm sorry, but can it truly be a coincidence that: Meghan and David were flirting at the hoe down, Jim was divorcing and dating Meghan at this time, that Nov she was asked on the show after wife #2 of Jimmy didn't work out, and Meghan & Jim represent St. Louis, Satan Andys beloved hometown, a town discussed as a potential Real Housewives franchise...Not to mention Meghan was playing a salesgirl at a St Louis consignment shop just 2 years ago...under Rachel Zoe productions...who has a model brother...

This reminds me of the shady circumstances that some ladies are brought on to these shows...like Brandi, like Adriana on Miami, etc...Brandi was Cedric's friend, than referred to as Adriennes, than she befriends LVP after Cedric falls out with LVP...Adriana and Lea can't get their stories straight on their background either.

• Love 2

I got the impression Terry and Heather were trying to get both the Hamiltons and Jimmy on the show for awhile.  I think they want to show they run with the MLB crowd.

I do think Meghan has been auditioning for one show or another for the past several years.  My guess is she has made for more money off reality TV than selling pathology software programs to universities.

She talks about pharm software sales like it has the same reverence as a learned profession, which I find irksome (knowing what that industry entails). And it turns out she probably didn't work too hard or long at it anyway, given her dreams of reality stardom/marrying rich.

• Love 3

I knew I wasn't going crazy and recognized Meghan from somewhere! She was on Say Yes to the Dress when she was picking out her dress to get married to Jim!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4292300/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Not sure if that will clear up the timeline at all but I embarrassingly DVR repeats of that show and will be on the lookout for that one to pop up!

Yeah, I remember that episode. She was very proud of being engaged to Jimmy.

I can't decide which Jim is worse -- Edmonds or Bellino. So far it's a draw.

For me, it would be Bellino. Bellino is a smug, superior, condescending, misogynistic, BROKE, ass. Edmonds is an unpleasant, disinterested, well-off, ass. At least Meghan can get a car, house, and bag that won't be repo'd, foreclosed on, or returned to pawn shop.

• Love 4

For me, it would be Bellino. Bellino is a smug, superior, condescending, misogynistic, BROKE, ass. Edmonds is an unpleasant, disinterested, well-off, ass. At least Meghan can get a car, house, and bag that won't be repo'd, foreclosed on, or returned to pawn shop.

Across the franchises? RHNJ's Marchese for me, all the way. But here? Yeah, I think I'd agree with Bellino.

• Love 3

Across the franchises? RHNJ's Marchese for me, all the way. But here? Yeah, I think I'd agree with Bellino.

This is quite a game of fuck, marry, kill.

I'd kill Bellino because he's broke and obnoxious to his wife and everyone else. As odious as I find Marchese, he's pretty ride or die for his wife. It's a repulsive tie for fuck and marry between Marchese and Edmonds. I'd toss a coin.

• Love 4

Jim has the personality of a wet dish rag.

Why do they keep sticking ridiculously young women on the show next to 50+ year old women? Its not like 30 is a baby by any means, but I'm in my early 30s and I don't often hang out with the menopause crowd unless it is people from work and by no means do I have a group of menopausal BFFs. There is nothing wrong with transgenerational friendships (I have a very close friend in her 80s), but most youngish women don't actively seek out a social group of women who are their mother's age. That's just me though. 

• Love 4

Jim has the personality of a wet dish rag.

Why do they keep sticking ridiculously young women on the show next to 50+ year old women? Its not like 30 is a baby by any means, but I'm in my early 30s and I don't often hang out with the menopause crowd unless it is people from work and by no means do I have a group of menopausal BFFs. There is nothing wrong with transgenerational friendships (I have a very close friend in her 80s), but most youngish women don't actively seek out a social group of women who are their mother's age. That's just me though.

I think that the fact that the casts are getting older is a big problem for RHOC and RHNY.

• Love 5
(edited)

This is quite a game of fuck, marry, kill.

I'd kill Bellino because he's broke and obnoxious to his wife and everyone else. As odious as I find Marchese, he's pretty ride or die for his wife. It's a repulsive tie for fuck and marry between Marchese and Edmonds. I'd toss a coin.

I'd marry Edmonds because the dude would be in St. Louis half the time, and when he was around, he'd be more concerned with me leaving  the house early so that he could get to happy hour than he would with spending any quality time with me. And I'd sleep with Marchese because, based on the RHoNJ rumor circuit, it seems like he loses a lot of his type-A personality in bed and becomes more, um, submissive.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 2

I'd marry Edmonds because the dude would be in St. Louis half the time, and when he was around, he'd be more concerned with me leaving  the house early so that he could get to happy hour than he would with spending any quality time with me. And I'd sleep with Marchese because, based on the RHoNJ rumor circuit, it seems like he loses a lot of his type-A personality in bed and becomes more, um, submissive.

Oh jeez, I'd forgotten that last bit. Need brain bleach.

http://allthingsrh.com/meghan-king-edmonds-talks-experience-on-rhoc-and-relationship-with-shannon-beador/

Meghan and JIM (of course) are interviewed.  Jim just gets more and more unlikeable.

I can't take this story seriously as the writer uses one of my biggest incorrect grammatical pet peeves with "she was never testing or in talks with Bravo during the Dubrow’s hoedown where her and her husband had actually attended." It is NOT her and her husband attended, it is SHE and her husband attended.  Take out the words "her husband" and you would not say 'where her had actually attended.' 

Sorry, /rant.

• Love 11

Haha! I've loved you since way back into the "Starting Over"days PhilMarlowe2 but, I can't agree with you here. Marchese must be elimated. I'm pretty sure Edmonds will wiggle any way he's told to, probably Bellino too. :)

• Love 2

Haha! I've loved you since way back into the "Starting Over"days PhilMarlowe2 but, I can't agree with you here. Marchese must be elimated. I'm pretty sure Edmonds will wiggle any way he's told to, probably Bellino too. :)

Awwww "Starting Over" now those were some of my favorite housewives (and non HWs) ever!

• Love 3

I can't take this story seriously as the writer uses one of my biggest incorrect grammatical pet peeves with "she was never testing or in talks with Bravo during the Dubrow’s hoedown where her and her husband had actually attended." It is NOT her and her husband attended, it is SHE and her husband attended.  Take out the words "her husband" and you would not say 'where her had actually attended.' 

Sorry, /rant.

Ha! When I read the quote I yelled SHE and her husband you dumb idiot! Glad I wasn't the only one!

• Love 2

Aw, thanks! The mere mention of "Starting Over" brings a tear to my reality-TV loving eyes. That show really set the precedent for female ensemble casts. I don't think I will ever forget Nyanza's charity function for Cassie. Or Josie screaming, "Raaaaaaiiinnnn!" during their intervention. Oh man, I can't go down this road...

• Love 4

Shannon was on WWHL, and Meghan should be truly grateful to her.  When a caller asked Shannon's opinion of the Edmonds marriage, Shannon tastefully declined to answer other than to say Jim has been very sweet to her.  Could you hear Meghan in Shannon's place?  Andy would have to cut her off when he went to commercial. 

• Love 9

Shannon was on WWHL, and Meghan should be truly grateful to her.  When a caller asked Shannon's opinion of the Edmonds marriage, Shannon tastefully declined to answer other than to say Jim has been very sweet to her.  Could you hear Meghan in Shannon's place?  Andy would have to cut her off when he went to commercial. 

I also thought that was very gracious of Shannon. She also didn't go into Brooks' cancer stuff when the bartender tried to pry.

• Love 5