Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

So, one just buys clothes and stuff for their dorm one day, then just walks in and registers, sees a financial aid advisor, and buys books the next day, and starts school the day after,  just like that??

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

I'm more curious about the tweet she posted the day after the People piece came out. Is she implying now that she didn't speak to People and/or they just totally made it up? I might believe that's a possibility with some rags, but People? Not buyin' it.

@SherriEShepherd: You ever wake up to a crap-storm? Crap just swirling around. Untrue news all in your face? One of those Phil 4:6-7 days! "do not be anxious" 8/14/15 10:58 am

• Love 2

I made a comment under a recent article about Sherri that was linked to in this thread previously about how Sherri thought Sal would leave her if she didn't comply with his baby demands.......

Well my comment pissed someone off that had been taking up for her by commenting to just about everyone and this person told me I didn't understand how Sherri was manipulated by an unemployed freeloader like Sal. Then that person told me to eat some makeup because it might make me pretty on the inside. I could have sworn in one of the few interviews Sal has given he said something about Sherri not minding him being a househusband taking care of the house and etc. then he started to not like that as much and she didn't understand why.

If she hadn't gone on for years about wanting to find a "drama free uterus" her claims of being scared about Sal leaving her might be more believable. She always made it sound like she wanted another baby as much as he did because she wanted Jeffery to have a sibling. Even though he has one or more (I think) through his Father. 

I do wonder what would have happened to the baby in this situation had LJ turned out to be a girl. Would either of them have wanted her? 

• Love 4

I think they made sure the surrogate got a boy baby.

Before the wedding there was a video of Sherri and Sal on The View talking about their marriage to be and they wanted a baby - Sal made it perfectly clear that he wanted a boy.

Sherri knew exactly what she was getting. And he worked with (for) her on several projects and managed her FB.

IMO most celebrities would prefer not to have a spouse that works 50 weeks a year and unable to travel with them. But SS kept Sal home with the Nanny and Jeffrey while traveling for gigs and having lots of down-time to have fun with old and new friends.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

I'm more curious about the tweet she posted the day after the People piece came out. Is she implying now that she didn't speak to People and/or they just totally made it up? I might believe that's a possibility with some rags, but People? Not buyin' it.

@SherriEShepherd: You ever wake up to a crap-storm? Crap just swirling around. Untrue news all in your face? One of those Phil 4:6-7 days! "do not be anxious" 8/14/15 10:58 am

This is just another example of Sherri not taking responsibility for her own words and actions.  I absolutely 100% believe People quoted her accurately.  She is probably just taken aback that her ridiculous defense of her abandoning (and yes that is what I think she did) her son with Sal.  She can try to slice it any way she wants but the simple truth is she entered into a binding contract to bring a child into this world and be that child's parent.  If not for her actions (and checkbook) that child wouldn't exist. If she doesn't want to be a mother fine, no one can make her bond with that child.  But financially she is responsible for that child. 

I used to think Elisabeth was the most immature co-host who sat at the table but Sherri is proving herself to be just as childish.  So she doesn't like the way her life turned out.  Get over it.  Move on and learn from your mistakes.  Continuing to try to show herself in a good light regarding this whole divorce and surrogacy is not working.  And why on earth ABC would invite her back with all this negative press is beyond me.  For a show that was once upon a time supposed to be for women I do not see the logic in rehiring a woman who is acting so shamefully.

• Love 10

The way I see it is this -  If Sherri and Sal  wanted a baby, hired a surrogate, and got divorced before the birth -  and then SAL was the one who said he didn't want the  baby, leaving Sherri with another child to raise -  would all these people have the same attitude?  If Sal wasn't the biological father, and just said  "it's not my baby" , and sherri had to take HIM to court and declare him the legal father -  I think Sherri's supporters would not be saying "well, she tricked him into parenthood,"  but instead be saying he entered into the surrogacy, and needs to follow through and pay support -  and they would all be considering him a father who ABANDONED his child.  

It's no different.   Women "trick "  men into having children, men "trick"  women.  If you don't want to have a child, you have to take that control yourself and not have one.  Once you do - it doesn't matter the circumstances.   Sherri entered into an agreement.  She is responsible for the consequences. 

• Love 6

I am actually more appalled at her cavalier quotes about how Sal now has his own son, and I have my own son (I'm paraphrasing here.) And I resent her coopting the language of domestic violence - fear of leaving - to characterize her situation. Big difference between wanting to be married because of your messed-up views of what womanhood is, and fearing some man who wants to harm or kill you.

I think Sal is as shady as hell. It wouldn't surprise me if there was something underhanded about the whole thing (there were rumors that the donor egg was from an old girlfriend of Sal's). That said there is a little boy who didn't ask to come into this world, whose conception and birth was agreed to - indeed, initally welcomed -by Sherri, and she owes him - not his shady father - support. The best that Sherri could do is require a neutral trustee to manage the financial support so that it doesn't benefit Sal.

I don't know if Sherri has PR reps (IIRC, she fired her manager and replaced him with Sal when things were good) but they need to rein her in.

• Love 3

Totally agree that Sal is a shady person.  Of course I have no idea about the particulars, but I really believe her pre-planned fleecing Sherri.  He realized she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, rather desperate, and eager to do anything to have a partner.   And he was smart enough to know that certain laws are solid regarding child support etc.  For sure women do it too (more so)…not man-bashing at all, but he wanted a child and he doesn't want to get off his ass and work and make a fabulous life for himself and his son. 

• Love 8

For what it's worth, I think Sal has gone back to teaching on a part-time basis.  It would appear he has friends who help him & a well-rounded life with "his" son.  Just sayin'.  (I don't like him & think he played Sherri, but ... )

• Love 2

So, one just buys clothes and stuff for their dorm one day, then just walks in and registers, sees a financial aid advisor, and buys books the next day, and starts school the day after,  just like that??

Actually that kinda happened to me..... I sent to the local college to get some information.... by the end of the day I was eligible for finincial aid and enrolled..... started classes a week later

Plus, registering is usually done the first day of school. And often loans, etc need to be signed around the first day of classes so going to the financial aid office in the first few days would not be unusual. Nothing about Sherri's tweets about her niece in college struck me as odd.

• Love 2

Totally agree that Sal is a shady person.  Of course I have no idea about the particulars, but I really believe her pre-planned fleecing Sherri.  He realized she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, rather desperate, and eager to do anything to have a partner.   And he was smart enough to know that certain laws are solid regarding child support etc.  For sure women do it too (more so)…not man-bashing at all, but he wanted a child and he doesn't want to get off his ass and work and make a fabulous life for himself and his son. 

Not man bashing but let me tell you how horrible men are.

Im sure Sal wanted a child.... and so did Sherri..... she said it countless times on The View..... Also Sal didnt target Sherri.... her friend introduced them..... and he was not scamming her. He was a stay at home dad...... people talk about housewives all the time..... how is a "househusband" any different??  From all the public information, Sherri's first son is being raised more by a nanny than by Sherri..... and as we all know... Sherri is quite vendictive.... she wont let Jeffery be with his father.... even though she shows she doesnt have time to raise him.

We saw how Sherri would paw on men who were guests on The View.... and how she would tell us how horny she was all the time.... fondle her breast on the show.... on and on.. but she wanted us to believe she was being celebate after her divorce..... I have no doubt that she was screwing around when she was traveling around the country. I know it is a strange concept.... but women cheat just as much as men do

Yes I came over here to share this sad news.

I saw on TV that she has been missing for a week

• Love 8

Not man bashing but let me tell you how horrible men are.

Im sure Sal wanted a child.... and so did Sherri..... she said it countless times on The View..... Also Sal didnt target Sherri.... her friend introduced them..... and he was not scamming her. He was a stay at home dad...... people talk about housewives all the time..... how is a "househusband" any different??  From all the public information, Sherri's first son is being raised more by a nanny than by Sherri..... and as we all know... Sherri is quite vendictive.... she wont let Jeffery be with his father.... even though she shows she doesnt have time to raise him.

We saw how Sherri would paw on men who were guests on The View.... and how she would tell us how horny she was all the time.... fondle her breast on the show.... on and on.. but she wanted us to believe she was being celebate after her divorce..... I have no doubt that she was screwing around when she was traveling around the country. I know it is a strange concept.... but women cheat just as much as men do

Yes I came over here to share this sad news.

I saw on TV that she has been missing for a week

Nobody is saying how "bad men are."  Right or wrong, this particular man emotes sketchy vibes.  The end. 

• Love 10

"Rosie O’Donnell’s 17 year old daughter, Chelsea O’Donnell was reported missing. Nyack, New York police authorities have been looking for her in the Rockland County area since Sunday, August 16. She was last seen Tuesday, August 11. She was wearing a black sweatshirt hoodie, dark ripped blue jeans, women’s grey converse sneakers and a black backpack. Chelsea has a large tattoo on her right side of a dream catcher with the word ‘Breathe.’ She left home with her 6 month old therapy dog named Bear. The dog is a 9 lbs brown and black terrier. Chlsea stopped taking her medicine and is in need of medical attention. Any information please contact authorities at 845-358-0206 or 911."

If she was last seen on Aug 11, why would it take until Aug16 for the police to start looking? 5 days??

And why would it take a week to announce this?

I get why it was kept private for awhile, what I don't understand is why the police are still not considering her to be missing.  It appears that she went off her meds, had a freak-out, ran away and then... who knows.  The dates in the different reports are sort of sketchy - like Rosie might have gotten some texts from her or something.

NYC is such a big place, sigh.  And then there is her freaking money grubbing birth mother.  It all just breaks my heart.

• Love 3

What a horrible year for Rosie and her family.  Hopefully Chelsea is safe with a friend, as the CNN report mentioned she had no phone or money.   It was probably kept quiet for a while, as not to alert all the freaks that hate Rosie.

• Love 10

Oh thank goodness... off to wish her Yellow on twitter.

But I wanted to add that Rosie probably wanted to keep Chelsea's issues private, shame that now Chelsea will have this public knowledge to deal with on top of everything else. ♥

• Love 8

Interesting article, thanks. I think "comedic genius" is vastly overstating the case but I didn't know the extent of her work in the aftermath of Katrina. Like most interesting people, Rosie is complicated. And like most dull people, Bitsy is not complicated - she has no core values, holds no opinions that haven't been fed to her, and plays the role she was hired to play, even if it means being a nasty little piece of work.  But hey, she runs through the park waving the American flag so there's that.

Mumbles, that is an extremely insightful post. I have tried to express those thoughts but nothing close to as well as you have here.

• Love 1

I happened to catch a late night Access Hollywood that was taped before she was found. They also mentioned that Chelsea's biological mother had been in contact with Chelsea and apparently Rosie had told Chelsea that she was not to be in contact with her. They implied that might have been the reason for her running away.

And apparently the biological mother has a bunch of stuff on her facebook asking to please help find "her" daughter.

Yes, I think Rosie has her hands full. Her daughter is 17 and has to see the divorces of Rosie from both of her wives plus Rosie quitting The View and then her heart attack. This is a lot for a teenaged girl to experience all in a very short space of time. I am sure that Rosie didn't keep that turmoil under wraps around her kids and teen girls are notorious for internalizing every bump in the road. Mental health issues or not.

I know it is not nice to say and I understand if those here disagree with me but Rosie did not have a mother figure growing up and she does have a pretty volatile personality. I think it would be very difficult to be a teenager in her household. Rosie doesn't come across as someone who would give a kid the opportunity to express anger or independence before shutting down the conversation.

I also think that there will be more to come. True or not true about the running away and why Chelsea did it. If the biological mother is angry at Rosie, and they made it sound that way on Access Hollywood, she may come forward with all sorts of stories. And that will be what people will remember. Like when Paula Poundstone's foster daughter alleged a lot of terrible things about Paula that 99 percent of them turned out to be untrue. But what Paula went through was pretty awful and I can remember those sad photos of Paula looking like she was hit by a truck.

• Love 3

.  Glad Chelsea is OK but I couldn't find out if her dog is alright also.  Did anyone hear about Bear?  Terriers don't handle changes in their routine at all well...

Interesting info on Terriers- Wonder why would they be trained as therapy dogs.  

I am so glad this turned out safely but now all the detractors will come out and start in on Rosie again.  This has been such a hard year for her and I for one don't think she deserves such scorn.  Glad Chelsea is OK but I couldn't find out if her dog is alright also.  Did anyone hear about Bear?  Terriers don't handle changes in their routine at all well...

The comments on some of the articles about the situation were jaw-droppingly hateful, and since many sites just updated the same article so you could see that they were just as awful and worse before Chelsea was found.  Almost all of it had a right-wing tinge to it, I just don't understand that sort of hate.  I can't imagine spending my day hurling that sort of bile at anyone.

When I was looking (I'm not going to go looking again, there isn't enough bleach) there were mixed reports about Bear.

• Love 7

Some of the comments people post at TMZ and other sites are truly horrid.   And not just about Rosie.  The comments about Caitlyn Jenner are horrible too. I've never understood why people waste their time reading and then commenting about people they hate.

Poor Rosie.  On one side she has Michelle trying to take Dakota away from her.  And on the other side Chelsea's birth mother is interfering.   All that stress can't be good for Rosie's heart health.

• Love 7

Some of the comments people post at TMZ and other sites are truly horrid.   And not just about Rosie.  The comments about Caitlyn Jenner are horrible too. I've never understood why people waste their time reading and then commenting about people they hate.

Our society has done an enormous shift in the past decade.   Not long ago, late night tv show hosts had full monologues involving jokes about gay men and "butch"  women.  It was kind of a cheap go-to for Leno, Conan, Kimmel, to imply that two men were lovers, or that a female athlete was "hiding something".  Gay singers and actors stayed closeted because even rumors that they were gay impacted their careers. Gay marriage was something that was mocked not long ago, now it's accepted.

So - the segment of the population who enjoyed making fun of people who are different has to find a place to lash out.  People who feel threatened by the fact that there are alternatives to their own lifestyle. They're upset that it's no longer a big joke to imply someone is gay or transgender.   So they lash out on websites where they can do it anonymously.  They were raised with these prejudices, not only by their parents, but by society.  And it pisses them off and confuses them that it's no longer cool to mock LGBT people.    

I'm continually impressed by the younger generation coming up -  teens and people in their 20's, who don't have the same prejudices.  

• Love 18

Our society has done an enormous shift in the past decade.   Not long ago, late night tv show hosts had full monologues involving jokes about gay men and "butch"  women.  It was kind of a cheap go-to for Leno, Conan, Kimmel, to imply that two men were lovers, or that a female athlete was "hiding something".  Gay singers and actors stayed closeted because even rumors that they were gay impacted their careers. Gay marriage was something that was mocked not long ago, now it's accepted.

So - the segment of the population who enjoyed making fun of people who are different has to find a place to lash out.  People who feel threatened by the fact that there are alternatives to their own lifestyle. They're upset that it's no longer a big joke to imply someone is gay or transgender.   So they lash out on websites where they can do it anonymously.  They were raised with these prejudices, not only by their parents, but by society.  And it pisses them off and confuses them that it's no longer cool to mock LGBT people.    

I'm continually impressed by the younger generation coming up -  teens and people in their 20's, who don't have the same prejudices.  

I have a perfect-example-story about this.  You are right, it is not on children's or teen's radar the way it is for older generations.  One of my best friends is gay (male).  Naturally, my daughter has known him since the day she was born (the gay mafia were the first ones to show up at the hospital, lol) When she was in a phase of making bracelets with Rainbow Loom (kiddie craft thing), she decided that she was going to surprise him with a special bracelet at dinner that night, and she actually googled the gay pride flag so she could follow the sequence of the colors.  I'm still so impressed as I type this.  I had no idea until after the fact.  She wanted to show love and honour him without a second thought.  There is no weirdness or judgment until it is taught and repeated.  I'm looking at you Fox News Channel…..

• Love 10

Regarding terriers as therapy dogs. My cousin is an adult with diabetes type 1. She has gone into shock and comas from her diabetes being so serious. She is getting a Jack Russell terrier that is currently being trained to be an alert dog. It takes a year of specialized training. My cousin is really looking forward to living on her own for the very first time.

• Love 1

Yes, the biological mother is already saying that Rosie "stole" her daughter because, get this, she was in a heroin-induced stupor when she signed the papers. So here we have a child who was probably born addicted and a junkie who couldn't take care of herself let alone a child. Radaronline writes that she thought Rosie was "too close" to Chelsea. This woman isn't going away. She says that she wants her daughter back.

Well, the child will soon be 18 so she may just "get" her back. But let's just see how long it would be before the novelty wears off and she sends her packing.

Link from Radar:  https://www.facebook.com/dmicoley?fref=ts

• Love 1

Interesting to read that the police located Chelsea by pinging her cell phone. When they knocked on the door, the person who answered denied she was there. The police persevered and she came out.

First, not exactly a master criminal caper (thank God).  Second, it boggles my mind that with the whole country looking for the kid, they didn't call and say she was okay. Third, isn't that ... kidnapping ... to deny the missing minor is at your home when the cops come?

Poor Rosie. Her plate is full. And very little of it is good.

• Love 2

I did not know anything about Chelsea's birth mother drama.  Always thought all the children were adopted through private, anonymous avenues…no connection between Rosie and birth parents.  I just read that Chelsea was allegedly found with a 25 year-old heroin dealer she met on Tinder.   Sadness. 

• Love 2

I did not know anything about Chelsea's birth mother drama.  Always thought all the children were adopted through private, anonymous avenues…no connection between Rosie and birth parents.  I just read that Chelsea was allegedly found with a 25 year-old heroin dealer she met on Tinder.   Sadness. 

Chelsea was born addicted to heroin - the biological mother has actually stated this was the reason that Rosie "stole" her daughter because she was in a heroin haze when she signed the papers. So for the girl to be found with a heroin dealer is just so, so sad.

• Love 3

I'm glad Chelsea was found and all, but do you think if the View wasn't in repeats they would have mentioned this in order to get her picture out there and help her be found safe and sound?

I'm not sure Whoopi would have allowed it since it is basically her show now, but in the instance she did could you just imagine...."Rosie...maybe she just needs some time to cool off and vent or steam....we weren't there, we don't know what happened or went down....Rosie, just relax, calm down and give the girl some space, i'm sure she will come back when she is ready.

Like I said, i'm glad Rosie's daughter was found, i'm not sure about the safe and sound part...based off of the stuff Rosie has been posting now about who she was found with.  I really wish Rosie had more self-control when it comes to posting stuff out there quick like that, b/c I like Rosie and I hate when she seemingly sets herself up for public exposure like this.  To be honest when it was announced that Chelsea was missing all I was dreading was someone reporter asking Trump for his thoughts and for him to go off on Rosie's character as a mother now.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 1

I actually would have given Trump the benefit of the doubt about that. When Rosie had her heart attack, he actually sent out best wishes to her. I don't have much good to say about him, but he actually seems to love his own kids.

I actually would have given Trump the benefit of the doubt about that. When Rosie had her heart attack, he actually sent out best wishes to her. I don't have much good to say about him, but he actually seems to love his own kids.

yeah, he loves his kids.  especially one of them.  Here's what he said about his daughter:  

I don’t think Ivanka would do that [pose for Playboy], although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/90688-5-sexist-donald-trump-quotes-about-women-that-perfectly-prove-that-this-guy-should-not-be

http://www.bustle.com/articles/94152-10-donald-trump-quotes-about-women-that-help-explain-why-nbc-gave-him-the-boot

I think Rosie wanted the word out there about this heroin user/dealer, hoping that something bad might happen to him, or at least that he'd be on the radar of law enforcement.  There have been a couple of cases in the Chicago area where kids/young adults died or heroin overdoses, and the drug supplier was indicted for murder.   

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

I shudder to think about the possibilities of what went on while Chelsea was with this man.  I'm not sure that Rosie's instinct to put all this info out there is a good one.

Me too.  It's difficult to get certain images out of ones head.  How long was she there?  Was she in fact wired on heroin?  Did the drug dealer force himself on her? She must be a mess that poor girl…..

Rosie must be so heartbroken.

From ask Ro:

Do you know how much you are loved, truly loved, respected, admired, appreciated? I don't need you to provide me with answers, because your entire life has been a shining beacon of light and goodness. Thank you, Rosie. Triple love and may yellow light surround you and bring happiness. You deserve it.

RO: so sad these last weeks -

i need to fill up on yellow

started smoking pot again, after 36 year break. It has helped with depression, my self esteem and if most people knew I smoked they would freak. I can buy it legally and I see everyday every age and every sphere of society in the shops. Weed needs a second look for some. Im sorry that people have tried to shame you about this, wankers. Yellow xox

RO:  i feel no shame and have a prescription - only one person i know finds it so interesting and shameful - and she has her own twisted agenda

We know she is talk about Michelle as the person with her own twisted agenda.

This is all too much for anyone to handle.

• Love 3

I wish Rosie the best but there must be something weird and possibly warping when strangers call "your entire life...a shining beacon of light and goodness." Good grief, she's just a human being, and a celebrity at that; she's not working in a leper colony. She does a lot of great things, but she has probably done some not-great things (like all of us.) There is a cultish aspect to some of Rosie's fans.

• Love 6

The way I see it is this -  If Sherri and Sal  wanted a baby, hired a surrogate, and got divorced before the birth -  and then SAL was the one who said he didn't want the  baby, leaving Sherri with another child to raise -  would all these people have the same attitude?  If Sal wasn't the biological father, and just said  "it's not my baby" , and sherri had to take HIM to court and declare him the legal father -  I think Sherri's supporters would not be saying "well, she tricked him into parenthood,"  but instead be saying he entered into the surrogacy, and needs to follow through and pay support -  and they would all be considering him a father who ABANDONED his child.  

It's no different.   Women "trick "  men into having children, men "trick"  women.  If you don't want to have a child, you have to take that control yourself and not have one.  Once you do - it doesn't matter the circumstances.   Sherri entered into an agreement.  She is responsible for the consequences. 

I get your point backformore, but I think if the roles were reversed Sherri wouldn't be trying to get support from Sal, simply because he doesn't have any money.   The attorney fees to take Sal to court would cost more than she would get from him.  I don't know if she would launch a public shaming of him like Sal did with her but probably - she loves to tweet. 

Sherri does have a financial responsibility to the baby and it sounds like she's meeting it so I'm not sure why Sal feels the need to keep this story in the public eye.  I still think that Sal thought this baby would be his meal ticket (and it is - just not as much/big as he hoped) if the marriage didn't work out.  Even IF he has a steady teaching job, the child support doubles his salary. 

I shudder to think about the possibilities of what went on while Chelsea was with this man.  I'm not sure that Rosie's instinct to put all this info out there is a good one.

Except putting it out there is the way she found Chelsea.  I didn't read any of the tabs or the hate but I know that RO got a lot of love and support on her own site from people who want her to know how much joy and inspiration she has brought to their lives.  Sometimes it's not enough to shake your head at the hate; sometimes you need to actually counter it.  Yes, "shining beacon of light and goodness" is extreme but so is the hateful stuff. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6