Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

I wouldn't discount Bitsy's earnings from her gluten-free hawkings. It was just about that time that the market exploded with people who were gluten-intolerant and I read several boards where it's an issue today. I would think that FAUX only allowed more people to adhere to that because of her addition to the morning zoo.

JMO - I have not checked any sources.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 1

It depends on whatever deal Bitsy got. If she has a flat "endorsement" deal that's one thing. If she gets a piece of the action that's another. (It drives me crazy when people claim that Jessica Simpson or Bethany Frankel are multimillionaire genius businesswomen when it turns out they just license their brand/name to someone who makes the big bucks.)

That said, I know people who claim to have some sort of gluten intolerance and they have never heard of the crap she's shilling. I've seen them here and there at drugstores but they don't seem like huge sellers. Does anyone know if they're any good, or popular among folks with that intolerance?

ESPN is also notorious for being super-cheap if you're not a star. And Tim is not a star.

Interesting thing about the Zillow listing now is that it claims that the house was last sold in February 2000. Not true. I wonder if that is an attempt to mislead people about the Hasselblechs' ownership.

• Love 1

ESPN is also notorious for being super-cheap if you're not a star. And Tim is not a star.

Interesting thing about the Zillow listing now is that it claims that the house was last sold in February 2000. Not true. I wonder if that is an attempt to mislead people about the Hasselblechs' ownership.

You have to look deeper under the price and tax history section of both listings, the old and the new, to piece together the sales history on the house. It looks like it was in foreclosure when Tim and Bitsy bought it at auction in 2012 for $4.2M.

• Love 4

LOL! The Today Show just posted about Elisabeth's house for sale on their Facebook page. While the article is correct, the comment they wrote to describe the link was "Elisabeth Tallahassee and her husband, retired NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, have listed their Connecticut mansion for $4.795 million."

This was posted around 12:40am EST. Some NBC intern is half asleep and didn't check their autocorrect when it switched Hasselbeck to Tallahassee! 

Some of the comments under the article are hilarious! "Elisabeth Tallahassee....is that her stripper name?"

Edited by fl2dc
  • Love 8

LOL! The Today Show just posted about Elisabeth's house for sale on their Facebook page. While the article is correct, the comment they wrote to describe the link was "Elisabeth Tallahassee and her husband, retired NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, have listed their Connecticut mansion for $4.795 million."

This was posted around 12:40am EST. Some NBC intern is half asleep and didn't check their autocorrect when it switched Hasselbeck to Tallahassee! 

Some of the comments under the article are hilarious! "Elisabeth Tallahassee....is that her stripper name?"

Awesome!  I guess the NBC intern never heard of our Bitsy.  

I liked the comment that said, "I'd like to formerly apply for the social media editor position."  LOL 

The linked "story" is credited to someone at zillow.com    Nice marketing - I bet it sells quickly.  It looks like a great place to raise kids. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Elisabeth Tallahassee and her husband, retired NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck,

LOL - That even beats the Law & Order episode where the character was named "Elizabeth Hassenback"!  She didn't like the show's content, but at least her name was closer.  What's the old adage about publicity...They can write whatever they want as long as they spell the name correctly?  Fail.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1550333,00.html

• Love 3

LOL - That even beats the Law & Order episode where the character was named "Elizabeth Hassenback"!  She didn't like the show's content, but at least her name was closer.  What's the old adage about publicity...They can write whatever they want as long as they spell the name correctly?  Fail.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1550333,00.html

Ahh yes.  She called the L&O producer and he hung up on her.   Then she said she couldn't sit next to any L&O actors anymore on the show.  Not writers, actors.  Then Babs praised Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay as "favorite guests" of the show.  Good times. 

• Love 7

I'm curious to know the titles of those books that she felt compelled to cover up. Whatever they are, I feel fairly confident that the words "for dummies" are in those titles.

That's funny.  I just pictured a wall of built-ins with the entire library of "for dummies" books.   Being the lemmings that they are, I think the Hasselbecks probably copied the theme from a permanent exhibit at the G.W.Bush Presidential Library.  

• Love 5
I'm curious to know the titles of those books that she felt compelled to cover up. Whatever they are, I feel fairly confident that the words "for dummies" are in those titles

Why did she cover up the books?  Are the books not for reading but simply a décor choice?

And as far as her using "second amendment" to describe her fucking glue gun, grow the fuck up Elisabeth.  It's like she just loves to antagonize people just for fun.

• Love 8
And as far as her using "second amendment" to describe her fucking glue gun, grow the fuck up Elisabeth. It's like she just loves to antagonize people just for fun.

Seems like this is Bitsy's way of staying relevant.  After all, she was taught by that puppetmaster Bill Geddie to "make sparks" and, even though she is no longer under his tutelage, is carrying his teachings forward.  He really was her Svengali, wasn't he?  I wonder how much they are still in contact, because you darn well know they are.

Cutesy little postings such as her Instagram are just incendiary enough to keep her in the columns and keep us talking about her and her motives.  Yet they're also just innocent enough that she can claim it's just us ol' heathen liberals who are misreading and misinterpreting her intentions.  She's a sly one, that Bitsy, and I put nothing past her as she feigns her innocence.

• Love 7
Cutesy little postings such as her Instagram are just incendiary enough to keep her in the columns and keep us talking about her and her motives.  Yet they're also just innocent enough that she can claim it's just us ol' heathen liberals who are misreading and misinterpreting her intentions.  She's a sly one, that Bitsy, and I put nothing past her as she feigns her innocence.

You are right.  Elisabeth never positioned herself as a political commentator or analyst or whatever term Ann Coulter and people like her are called.  EH always tried to make it seem like she was just a talk show host who happened to be a conservative Republican.  IMO she was a conservative Repbublican who just happened to be a talk show host.  She always had an agenda.  And now she is pushing her agenda with pictures of crafts.  I mean seriously?  I might be a die hard bleeding heart liberal but I don't breathe fire about it every second of the day.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 8

According to this great article, Bitsy had *NO* political leanings or interests when she was on Survivor, just a year or two before the View. None. Nada.

http://nypost.com/2007/07/24/the-survivor/

She's an empty head in an empty poly-cotton sheath dress.

That is a great article, Mumbles.  I remember it from when it first came out, and I remember the time period it references with regard to her initial disinterest in politics.  Her being so rabid now doesn't really surprise me, because I equate it to a former smoker/drinker who attempts to destroy the enjoyment of those who wish to still partake, or the vegan/vegetarian who meat-shames their dinner partners on every possible occasion.  (I'm not saying this is true of all non-smokers/non-drinkers, or all vegan/vegetarians, so if you are one, please don't take offense.)  From experience, no-one sucks the life out of a gathering more than one of those "reformed".

Bitsy's dream would be for everyone to be just as pure, wonderful, smart, informed, etc., as she and Timmy are, and she's incapable of tolerating those who disagree.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5

http://nypost.com/2007/07/24/the-survivor/

I have always wondered if what we see of Elisabeth is real or if it's a face she puts on to get paid. The article said she liked to read the opinion section of articles--that would explain a lot. She likely read them so she could find the most offensive, inflammatory comments she could say on TV to get attention and make sparks. No place is more crazy that an article comment section. 

I really have no idea if she's somebody else under the veneer, and I doubt we'll ever know for sure about that. Either way, I think she's one of several who helped turn the word "conservative" into something so far right as to be insane. For me, Elisabeth is to Barbara what Dr. Phil is to Oprah. Just--what have you unleashed upon the world?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

I really have no idea if she's somebody else under the veneer, and I doubt we'll ever know for sure about that. Either way, I think she's one of several who helped turn the word "conservative" into something so far right as to be insane. For me, Elisabeth is to Barbara what Dr. Phil is to Oprah. Just--what have you unleashed upon the world?

I do think being the "conservative" cohost is what got Elisabeth attention.  It became her thing.  I mean what else did she have to offer?  Before Rosie came on Elisabeth kinda blended into the woodwork.  I can remember Regis Philbin referring to her as the young one.  But when she started shooting her mouth off about politics the media started reporting it and lo and behold here we are today with her ensconced at Fox News.  Does she believe what she says?  Maybe.  But in all honesty does it matter?  Whether she is being real or playing a part she is one nasty hateful shrew.

• Love 6

I have always wondered if what we see of Elisabeth is real or if it's a face she puts on to get paid.

In a "6 Degrees of Separation" kinda' way, I have friends who have friends who have neighbors who are acquaintances of Bitsy and Tim, and the answer if "Yup...what you see is what there is". 

• Love 5

When it comes to Elisabeth I remember reading long ago that her "conservative" ideas came from TIm's parents....... Personally I dont think she formed her own ideas about what is right and wrong..... but she was taught.... and Elisabeth learned well.... I doubt she could hold her own in a discussion with most people in this forum.... but she has learned the art of the talking point and sound bite.... she was always able to play the victim.

• Love 6

This one little tweet explains Sherri, imo:  https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/649914501551276032

Stay safe and dry all!!

I see our RogerFromOhio got in a couple of response Tweets!

RogerFromOhio ‏@RogerFromOhio  · 3m3 minutes ago 

@SherriEShepherd Dont you have 2 sons?

RogerFromOhio ‏@RogerFromOhio  · 2m2 minutes ago 

@SherriEShepherd Welcome back to The View

-----------------------------------

I sometimes wonder if Fox buys these dresses in bulk in different colors to dress their blond "bots".  Hell, they're all about the same size - they could even pull a Duggar and have a communal closet from which they could choose their Dress O' The Day!

but she was taught

ETA:  OMG, Roger, I distinctly heard Babs singing her l'il ditty "You've got to be carefully taught..."

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5

When Barry Goldwater ran for Pres in 1964, I hoped he'd try again in 1968 when I'd be old enough to vote for him. He was capital-C Conservative, but so much more educated & honest than most politicians (then or now) -- & socially liberal (women, blacks, & gays are entitled to equal rights), & he deplored the prospect of the "religious right" taking over the GOP.  He'd be appalled at the likes of Bitsy presuming to speak for true conservatives.  

• Love 5

The thing about the internet is things don't just go poof! The original listing: http://www.zillow.co.../57312626_zpid/ The way I even saw it in the first place is because there was an article with the headline that they were selling. Curiosity got me, and there you have it. So, the address is "undisclosed" now, but it was there. I wonder who is to blame for that??

Very interesting.... I remember when she sold the $3 million NY condo with  the baby blue living room walls.

The listing is here on realtor

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Greenwich_CT_06830_M39181-34085?row=2

just no address!!

Edited by Vinyasa

That's funny.  I just pictured a wall of built-ins with the entire library of "for dummies" books.   Being the lemmings that they are, I think the Hasselbecks probably copied the theme from a permanent exhibit at the G.W.Bush Presidential Library.  

And the books there are probably missing lots of pages too. 

Why did she cover up the books?  Are the books not for reading but simply a décor choice?

Have you met her?  Of course they are.  I suspect Bitsy and Books do not have a close relationship. 

Case in point, this is from the NYPost article linked above. Note there isn't one mention of an author or a book.

She says it took her a few years to build what she calls ‘a library of Web sites.’ What does she read every day? ‘Um . . . I think anyone in my – obviously now for news, if you need something flashy, some celebrity or social news – it’s TMZ. You go there first. Ummm . . . you know, I like National Review online, um, I’ll go to townhall.com, media research center – for pointed issues, you know? And not only those, because I love the New York Times, Sunday Styles, you know I love the opinion sections, because it’s a lot, a lot of the time things I’m not in full support of, want to get perspective on, or just want to hear – I just want to make sure I’m fresh on both sides of the issue.’
Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

EH does not respect books - whether children's book or adult books.

And this covering up books is old. Not new.

I'd love to see her crafts made on that tiny, perfect desk. Not a carft supply in sight other than her "gun."

• Love 3

Her reply to the NY Post's question about what she reads every day is longer than Sarah Palin's answer to Katie Couric's question on that subject, but it doesn't say much either. 

• Love 6

EH does not respect books - whether children's book or adult books.

And this covering up books is old. Not new.

I'd love to see her crafts made on that tiny, perfect desk. Not a carft supply in sight other than her "gun."

I am not defending her in any way at all, except to say that we have our house on the market and we had to "depersonalize" and all my craft/sewing items are not in the house anymore.  It is very bland and very boring to live here right now.  But it would have been fun to see a "before" picture so see what her crafting style is.  I'm guessing super neat.  Me, not so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Although she made the lame joke about the glue gun in her picture, I would bet Elisabeth is anti-guy. Of course she'd never admit it given her "conservative" role, but I can't recall her ever adamantly defending the 2nd Amendment. 

Here's a story you all will enjoy.  Today Matt Hasselbeck, big (successful) brother of Tim and BIL of Elisabeth, had to play the game as QB for the Colts since Andrew Luck is injured.  (And the 40yo QB won.)  But this morning, a few hours before it was announced that Matt would in fact start, Tim put Matt on his fantasy team.  As a result?  He is being investigated by the SEC for insider trading.

(* I hope this is true.  My son heard this.  I will recant should it turn out to be a false report.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

Yeah, that's the thing that didn't make sense.  I think he meant the FTC but I don't see anything on Google so I guess it wasn't true.  However, eyebrows will be raised when you act on insider info before it is announced to the general public.  These online leagues that are being advertised constantly make big money and need to maintain the appearance of being above board.

Edited by Haleth

Here's a story you all will enjoy.  Today Matt Hasselbeck, big (successful) brother of Tim and BIL of Elisabeth, had to play the game as QB for the Colts since Andrew Luck is injured.  (And the 40yo QB won.)  But this morning, a few hours before it was announced that Matt would in fact start, Tim put Matt on his fantasy team.  As a result?  He is being investigated by the SEC for insider trading.

(* I hope this is true.  My son heard this.  I will recant should it turn out to be a false report.)

Yeah Im pretty sure it is a joke..... another angle is the play on words... the SEC is also short for the Southeastern Conference in College Football.

Matt at 40 still plays.... Tim stopped warming benches years ago

But it does speak to his character (as Star Jones was so fond of saying).

And he is employed (still?) as an analyst for ESPN.  Should he even be playing Fantasy Football?  Especially if there is money involved.  One would think he would be privy to a lot of inside information not immediately made to the public.

• Love 1

Oh.... and just for the record..... I put Tim Hasselbeck on my Fantasy Football team because I heard Andrew Luck was going to be benched for his injury. Because of his age and not starting in a while... I traded him back out for Miami's Quarterback instead.

So my point is... they made it public that Luck was not starting before the game started..... it was a cute joke

Not to defend Tim, but a few Google searches reveals that Luck's injury and whether Matt Hasselbeck would be covering for him was a hot topic of discussion among fantasy sports afficiandos all last week. He might have known his brother was getting the call a few hours before everyone else, but this was something that people in that community were discussing for days and a lot of people put Matt Hasselbeck on their teams as a result. It just didn't happen out of the blue.

And if someone wants to be in a fantasy football league playing against a guy with ESPN connections, then they assume the risk. Caveat emptor.

• Love 2

But this morning, a few hours before it was announced that Matt would in fact start, Tim put Matt on his fantasy team.  As a result?  He is being investigated by the SEC for insider trading.

Somehow, I'm finding it difficult to believe the SEC would a) hear of it so quickly, b) act that quickly - a matter of hours, and then c) have it made public so soon.  I'm calling hoax.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2