Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

The Hasselbecks make a big deal about participating in "Team RWB"

They seem to talk about it, but I wonder how much they're actually "participating" other than walking around a park carrying flags.  Would like to know what they really DO, if anything.

• Love 4

For anyone who has read Sherri's Twitter, this made me chuckle so I'm sharing:

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 14h14 hours ago 
@abbysee @NancyLeeGrahn can tweet whatever she wants... As any1can - you just have to be okay w others' opinion of your tweet & any backlash

• Love 2

I don't understand why Rosie is getting involved with Tatum O'Neal. She seems like a whacko too.

So agree!  Rosie had a whacko last time and met her when she could have been stalking Rosie and followed her into a coffee shop then engaged her in conversation...man she needs to be careful.  Everyone knows Tatum had/has issues.  Rosie just spend time with your kids and stop borrowing trouble!

• Love 1

^^Unfortunately, The Daily Mail - while always reporting the juicy - needs to get their "facts" straight once in a while.  For example, this entry:

The adopted daughter of Rosie O'Donnell was photographed running errands with her mother-in-law on September 16.

• Love 2

Such a waste.  It's difficult to understand why a person with infinite options and access would choose such a dead-end.  Most teenagers have a rough patch, but she could do/have/explore anything in the world and this prize is her choice?  I think I was a bit of an a**hole toward my parents (mostly mother) for a couple of years, but by the time I was 17/18, I snapped out of it and had a plan….university, career aspirations, travel, adventures, etc.   It's hard to watch someone torch the enormous privilege that Chelsea has.  

• Love 5

This is kind of old news. Rosie confirmed a couple of weeks ago that Chelsea was back in New Jersey. It wasn't much of a mental stretch to guess that that meant she was back with the "boyfriend."

Unfortunately, it is what it is. Chelsea needs to learn her own lessons and sometimes all you can do is stand back and hope there isn't too much damage done in the process.

• Love 2

I don't understand why Rosie is getting involved with Tatum O'Neal. She seems like a whacko too.

I take your point, but I wouldn't call Tatum a wacko. Yes, she's had a very tumultuous life that started with very dysfunctional parents. She's an addict and the vast majority of her problems stemmed from that. Sadly, her brothers have also struggled with the same problem. But addiction is a chronic disease. You're never not an addict even when you're clean. Some addicts learn to successfully manage the disease. Unfortunately many don't. All indications are she's been clean for quite some time, has mended her relationship with her kids and has been doing pretty well for quite a while now.

I can't imagine living a life where you can't even enjoy a little relaxation in your own backyard without creepy strangers hiding in the bushes taking photographs of you with a telephoto lens and tabloids rumoring and gossiping and just making stuff up about everything you do. Can't two women in their 50s with a lot in common just be friends and enjoy each other's company on vacation?

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 10

I can't imagine living a life where you can't even enjoy a little relaxation in your own backyard without creepy strangers hiding in the bushes taking photographs of you with a telephoto lens and tabloids rumoring and gossiping and just making stuff up about everything you do. Can't two women in their 50s with a lot in common just be friends and enjoy each other's company on vacation?

And now those creepy strangers are also stalking her daughter and her new "friends".

Hey guys, Bitsy rode a stationary bike this weekend and dedicated her workout to Team RWB. I'm sure that helped out so many veterans!

Hey - I did my bit too to support the RWB runners by sitting on my couch watching football and snacking today in honor of all those RWB runners who were too busy to do the same.  (My team wears red/white/blue too!)       Suck it, Bitsy!!

One good comment was posted to her Instagram:

shug23@elisabethhasselbeck I'm guessing RWB means Right Wing Babe

Personally, I would have used a different "B" word...

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 13

LOL, Bitsy is a true patriot.  There is nothing she won't do to support the troops, except write a check to a veteran's group [see Rosie O and Fisher House] support instead of bash organizations like Joining Forces [a project of Michelle Obama and Jill Biden's] or volunteer any time to do anything actually helpful.     How do I know this?  Because if she ever had done anything beyond run around wearing red white and blue you can bet we would have heard all about it.   

What she will do is support sending troops back into the middle east [wait, we never really left all the way] only this time Iran.  She supported the invasion of Iraq then and now.  She apparently supports sending troops before diplomacy.   I can remember her going crazy one Veterans Day when Joy mentioned  the cost of the Iraq war both in dollars and lives lost because we should honor their courage "quietly" for crying out loud.  

Sometimes Bitsy is just gross.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Years ago on a 9-11 anniversary, Bitsy asked the audience to commemorate the day by engaging in physical activity and "dedicating" the activity to veterans, on behalf of Team RWB. Joy asked her point-blank how spending an hour on an elliptical was going to help anyone. Bitsy a hummina-hummina-ed but couldn't answer. Years later she's still sticking with this "dedicate your workout" crap.

• Love 12

Wonder why Bitsy and Tim are selling after only three years.  Maybe she's finding the commute into the City to be a drag, or perhaps the neighborhood has signed a petition to get them out.  I was born and raised in Greenwich, and we Greenwich-ites don't suffer fools easily!  Wouldn't want them (especially her) as my neighbor.

The house is just like her - sterile and no personality,  The overall blue is a carryover from their NYC apartment - not all that appealing.  I love that Tim's den has his football memorabilia - all that's missing is the bench that he warmed so continuously.

Gahhhhh - I'm still foaming at the mouth from that awful Jeopardy! game tonight.  It's left me in quite the mood!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6

... perhaps the neighborhood has signed a petition to get them out.  I was born and raised in Greenwich, and we Greenwich-ites don't suffer fools easily!  Wouldn't want them (especially her) as my neighbor. ... 

If she were to settle in my neighborhood, I can assure you I'd do anything legally possible to encourage her to leave.  Fortunately, I'm in Calif & she'd never want to be here among the Godforsaken Liberals.

• Love 5

Just for fun... here is Tim's NFL stats.... impressive is not a word Id use.... he played in 12 games in 7 years

6 seasons, 5 teams, 12 games. 5 TDs, 7 Interceptions...stellar career.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

What a chilly house, I know one is supposed to remove a lot for selling a house - photos, clutter, etc. But this house is not cozy. Where are the flowers (inside and out) kids play area, kitchen, at least one of 9 bathrooms, BBQ etc? LOL - didn't even see a Bitsy emmy or office - but Tim's den adorned with accolades. Oh, I guess there is a very small kitchen for a house this size.....

• Love 3

It's very puzzling why they are selling. I have no idea what her salary is, could it be that the mortgage payments are too high? They bought the house when she was still at the View, maybe they were counting on that salary when they purchased it? (Fwiw I poked around and apparently they sold their NYC apartment at a loss - I didn't think that was possible!) And yes I found the house garish and cold.

This is awfully early in the school year to try to sell a house.

Greenwich may be very wealthy and somewhat conservative - but it is NOT ignorant. I can't imagine her fitting in there. Frankly, I really don't know where she would fit in (and I don't want to stereotype parts of the country with a broad brush). It doesn't help that she comes off so angry and fearful all the time.

• Love 5

Oops - never mind...I had quoted an article claiming Bitsy was the highest paid host, with a net worth over $185M. but it turns out it was a spoof - Thank heavens!

However, this seems to be reliable:

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a well-known television personality with a net worth of approximately $12 million.

http://futureofworking.com/elisabeth-hasselbecks-salary/

According to recent reports, the average annual salary of Hasselbeck is about $1 million.

and that's not counting what Tim makes as a sports commentator.  If they can't afford that house with their income, they need some serious money management advice.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 1

Guess who is selling their house AND has an American flag hanging on the front of the house in one of the pictures. Oh who could it be?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/62-Brookridge-Dr-Greenwich-CT-06830/57312626_zpid/

According to this site, it was listed on 9/25, listing removed today, 9/28.   Not sure what's going on, looks like a great house  and yard for kids but I'm betting they are moving on up because I'm sure Bitsy's fifteen hour a week  job on Faux News pays more than her four hour a week job at The Spew.  These pics actually look like they have already moved out - the house seems staged.  Still, I wonder why they pulled the listing?  Looks like it sold in just one weekend. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Is that article for real? Sounds like The Onion type of article

The article linked should be legit.  Have seen it reported elsewhere and often that she's paid the $1M/year with their net worth being $12M.

These pics actually look like they have already moved out - the house seems staged.

It looks like that's still their belongings in there.  When you compare it to the listing when they sold their NYC apartment, many of the furnishings/rugs are the same.  It does, however, appear as though they've de-personalized it in anticipation of showings.

It's not that unusual for a property to be listed and then quickly de-listed.  It could be as simple as wanting a change in the listing contract with their broker, or perhaps their future plans aren't as concrete as originally thought and they need time to reassess.  They may, in fact, have decided to price it differently too. 

• Love 2

Maybe it's because I can't bear the idea of a pinhead like her making this much money, I still think we need to take these salary rumors with a grain of salt. If the rumors are to be believed, she barely got this gig and certainly was looking around for a job in the last few months of her View career.  Had she been a hot ticket, Fox would have snatched her up as soon as her contract expired. Plus nobody really knows how much people make in news. I saw some website that said Steve Doocy makes  $200k a year - which I think is a lowball. But Bitsy is one person of three on a basic cable morning show with horrifyingly low production values (just look at her wardrobe - one cheesy poly-cotton shift dress after another, in a different color). I do think she was making more on The View, which, deserved or not, as a "cache" of sorts and on one of the major networks.

And I do not think her husband is making loads of money at ESPN.  He's doing alright, but not bank.

And here's the bottom line. She's not a marquee name.  Her Fox News career has a shelf life.  Her predecessor Gretchen Carlson had degrees from Stanford and Harvard and when she hit a certain, er, milestone, they retired her to a mid-afternoon show. They couldn't even do that for Bitsy because there is no way she could handle a show on her own.

I guess we'll see where they end up.  If they go to a bigger house, then she's doing alright. But if they downsize, that will be interesting.

And I do not think the house was sold in 3 days.

• Love 4

Unless they've already moved out, along with all of their stuff, this does not look like the home of a person who claims to be a designer/artist.  It's beyond basic.  The outside space is great, but again, pretty basic when you claim to be such an artistic creature.  When you know people who are truly artistic (in whatever way), their personal space almost always rocks, and is leaps and bounds above basic.  

Dosen't a listing for a multi-million dollar home usually show every single room and feature the kitchen, washrooms, closets/storage? 

• Love 1

When did they buy this house?  When they bought it maybe they thought Elisabeth would continue to make money from endorsements (those gluten free bars) and her clothing line.  Or maybe they thought another book deal would be forthcoming.

I absolutely believe she took a pay cut when she moved from the View to Fox.  She is lucky she has the job she has.  Without this gig what would her other options be?  There are only so many broadcasting jobs available to morons who are prone to speaking in word salads. 

• Love 2

Maybe it's because I can't bear the idea of a pinhead like her making this much money, I still think we need to take these salary rumors with a grain of salt. If the rumors are to be believed, she barely got this gig and certainly was looking around for a job in the last few months of her View career.  Had she been a hot ticket, Fox would have snatched her up as soon as her contract expired. Plus nobody really knows how much people make in news. I saw some website that said Steve Doocy makes  $200k a year - which I think is a lowball. But Bitsy is one person of three on a basic cable morning show with horrifyingly low production values (just look at her wardrobe - one cheesy poly-cotton shift dress after another, in a different color). I do think she was making more on The View, which, deserved or not, as a "cache" of sorts and on one of the major networks.

And I do not think her husband is making loads of money at ESPN.  He's doing alright, but not bank.

And here's the bottom line. She's not a marquee name.  Her Fox News career has a shelf life.  Her predecessor Gretchen Carlson had degrees from Stanford and Harvard and when she hit a certain, er, milestone, they retired her to a mid-afternoon show. They couldn't even do that for Bitsy because there is no way she could handle a show on her own.

I guess we'll see where they end up.  If they go to a bigger house, then she's doing alright. But if they downsize, that will be interesting.

And I do not think the house was sold in 3 days.

My sister's house in East Windsor, CT just sold in 3 days.  Just sayin'.

Edited to add:  But it sold for less than $1M.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/(Undisclosed-Address)-Greenwich-CT-06830/2125584649_zpid/

Looks like it may be still listed for sale, just with an "undisclosed address". Because "stars " need their privacy! But from the pics it does look like they are not living there so may have already bought and moved elsewhere. If I had three kids in school I would have wanted to do that proportion to school year starting, even if we weren't changing schools.

Looks like it may be still listed for sale, just with an "undisclosed address". Because "stars " need their privacy! But from the pics it does look like they are not living there so may have already bought and moved elsewhere.

That would explain why the house was listed and then de-listed within a few days - merely a change in the listing itself.  That's how MLS works...any major changes to the listing and it shows up as "new".  They're obviously trying to hide the exact address, going so far as to not acknowledge in the new listing that the house is in the North Street School district, which it most definitely is (an excellent school, by the way).  I'd bet they're still living there, and they've just neutralized the interior - that's pretty standard, especially in this price range and style.

Full disclosure:  I grew up in Greenwich and know this area well, and am a former realtor.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 4

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/(Undisclosed-Address)-Greenwich-CT-06830/2125584649_zpid/

Looks like it may be still listed for sale, just with an "undisclosed address". Because "stars " need their privacy! But from the pics it does look like they are not living there so may have already bought and moved elsewhere. If I had three kids in school I would have wanted to do that proportion to school year starting, even if we weren't changing schools.

The thing about the internet is things don't just go poof! The original listing: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/62-Brookridge-Dr-Greenwich-CT-06830/57312626_zpid/  The way I even saw it in the first place is because there was an article with the headline that they were selling. Curiosity got me, and there you have it. So, the address is "undisclosed" now, but it was there. I wonder who is to blame for that?? 

• Love 2

The thing about the internet is things don't just go poof! The original listing: http://www.zillow.co.../57312626_zpid/ The way I even saw it in the first place is because there was an article with the headline that they were selling. Curiosity got me, and there you have it. So, the address is "undisclosed" now, but it was there. I wonder who is to blame for that??

^^^We're finding the difference in the listing because we're looking for it.  Someone walking into the broker's office today isn't going to ask to see how the listing looked last week.

There's nothing sinister about this, and probably no "blame".  It's probably a case where Bitsy and Tim saw the original listing and decided to be more anonymous to keep the "lookie-Lucies" from driving by or stalking them.

It's really not a big deal for the listing to be altered - people change their mind all the time.  Even this forum has an "edit" button.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

^^^We're finding the difference in the listing because we're looking for it.  Someone walking into the broker's office today isn't going to ask to see how the listing looked last week.

There's nothing sinister about this, and probably no "blame".  It's probably a case where Bitsy and Tim saw the original listing and decided to be more anonymous to keep the "lookie-Lucies" from driving by or stalking them.

It's really not a big deal for the listing to be altered - people change their mind all the time.  Even this forum has an "edit" button.

Any wackadoodles out there who saw the article with the link (or elsewhere) now have her address. That was my point. And Elisabeth not assigning blame?  Alrighty then.

• Love 2

Any wackadoodles out there who saw the article with the link (or elsewhere) now have her address. That was my point. And Elisabeth not assigning blame?  Alrighty then.

There are a lot of people who live in Greenwich who are infinitely richer and more famous than Bitsy - she's just a gnat at the picnic.  Besides, you can see more by viewing the pics on the internet than cruising past the house anyway.  They just have to protect themselves against the few "wackadoodles" who have nothing else in their lives to do, or against that one gun-totin' hyper-liberal that might want to do her in.  To the people who live in town, it's just another house for sale - no big deal. To those who'd actually travel to Greenwich, they need to get a life.  But if anyone were to go there, they'd see hundreds of homes way more luxurious and exciting than this one before reaching the Hasselbeck's home.

As far as "the blame"?  When one points his finger, three fingers are pointing back at oneself.  It's entirely possible they themselves forgot to specify anonymity on the listing.

• Love 3

They didn't do the best job in being private when they included a photo with a room of football helmets of the three teams Tim benchwarmed.

Property records are public records. Anyone who really wanted to track down where they live could have done so already.

• Love 3