Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

in my heart I don't think it's the best choice to boil a young lady in oil because she's a mess

I hope my posts don't come off that way.  Mine are about concern for her.  I am worried about a birth-mom that went running to the tabloids really having her best interests at heart, and even if that situation turns out okay, how Chelsea will do in her new very isolated environment.  I hope she likes to ice skate and ski!

• Love 1

I don't think anyone is boiling the girl, young adult, in oil, just expressing the opinion that she seems to be making decisions mostly out of rebelliousness, considering there isn't much--if any--sense to her actions. Running off with a drug dealer she didn't know, now running off to a birth mom she doesn't know: reads very plainly as rebellious teenager to me. Now that it's been said she actually is still in high school, it makes the choices look even more ridiculous. Her possibly getting pregnant and becoming a drop-out has nothing to do with class, but possible outcomes to, yes, stupid behavior.

Whether or not Rosie O'Donnell has divorced several times while raising her children, I don't think that indicates anything about her family life being "unstable." I'm sure she's not a perfect mother, but--who is?

• Love 7

In one post she doesnt know anyone... in the next one she is almost pregnant...... my ex was adopted and was obsessed at times about finding her birth mother..... she did find her years after we divorced... and to be honest I dont know if she is still in contact.

Of course that doesnt have anything to do with the current discussion... but oh well.... I guess what Im trying to say is there is so much drama being discussed that has no basis on what we actually know...... there was even a post saying the birth mother went running to the tabloids.... but it is more likely the tabloids found her and she approved the interview.

Boil in oil is a bit extreme.... but I do understand what MATCHALOVE is saying...... It is really nice that so many people are concerned.. but it will probably play out with a lot less drama than what we expect.

• Love 3

I hope my posts don't come off that way.  Mine are about concern for her.  I am worried about a birth-mom that went running to the tabloids really having her best interests at heart, and even if that situation turns out okay, how Chelsea will do in her new very isolated environment.  I hope she likes to ice skate and ski!

No, absolutely not.  Not aimed at anyone's comment in the least…sorry about that :).  I think most of us are in total agreement that she IS making a mistake and her actions prove it.  They are hers to make, but still.  The birth mother seems shady and hopefully the people in her actual life (Rosie, Kelly, siblings, friends, family) won't just throw up their hands because she's difficult, but will hover and let her know they are there.   She's going to need it.  That new environment she's in seems so depressing, isolated and a recipe for trouble for someone who has emotional issues.   It's a personal thing for me re:  the tiny town with nothing to do….can't imagine.  I live in a huge city, in the heart of downtown, in the middle of hustle and bustle and can't imagine an abrupt shift to a hovel in nowheresville.  

And if Chelsea and her mother are making this big public announcement of re-connection, why have they not taken or published a single photograph together?  Odd.

• Love 4

To change the subject, I am watching some reruns of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. It is detailing Nene Leaks stint on Broadway after Sherri finished the same role of the stepmother.

At the end of the performance, Nene goes outside and takes photos with the fans. This is opening night. Anyway, I am sure that one of the instances of the photos she has taken is with Sherri's son. But no mention of Sherri and I don't think she was in the shot.

• Love 1

I really don't see this ending well.

This is just the beginning. Chelesa now thinks she is a genius getting this order lifted. How long before she is back in NJ with him? Assuming he can't travel once out on bail, now that it has been reduced.

Edited by Vinyasa

I see it as this...she is 18 now and it is what it is.  Whatever happens from here on out is on Chelsea and nobody else.  Rosie did what she could, but at this point it just has to play itself out, hopefully w/o tragic consequences.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 9

I see it as this...she is 18 now and it is what it is.  Whatever happens from here on out is on Chelsea and nobody else.  Rosie did what she could, but at this point it just has to play itself out, hopefully w/o tragic consequences.

I agree with you. She is extremely lucky to have Rosie in her life even if right now their relationship is broken. I don't think that will last. Her biological mother does not have the history with her daughter and all the bonding that takes place when growing up. At most she can be a best friend of sorts. Roseanne Barr said once that she had a friendship kind of relationship with her biological daughter who she put up for adoption but not a mother daughter kind of thing.

Without that history, it will be much easier for her bio mom to dump her ass on the street if the going gets rough. And since she's only 18, no doubt the going will get rough. I know a child cannot be replaced but Rosie has her other children to occupy her time and be recipients and givers of love. I don't know if Rosie has talked about what has happened at any length lately so if she has been instead circling her wagons and been able to back off from the situation then it may make it easier for her to say 'no' to Chelsea. I wish them both well.

• Love 4

Without that history, it will be much easier for her bio mom to dump her ass on the street if the going gets rough. And since she's only 18, no doubt the going will get rough.

I think bio mom will do EVERYTHING possible to maintain ties with her and would never "dump her ass". By maintaining a relationship with the daughter she has the lucrative possibility that Chelsea, and any wealth she may receive or inherit from Rosie down the road, would would provide financial support for her as she gets older. When her daughter was adopted by a wealthy person she hit the jackpot!

• Love 3

SHERRI.   Thanks to some on this forum, I learned that I don't have to sign up for Twitter to read people's Tweets.  Here's one from Sherri:

Taking Jeffrey to classmate's birthday party...Jeffrey to a playdate... taking Jeffrey2 Skyzone... making Jeffrey dinner-I have lost myself!

Poor put-upon Sherri.  One child...no regular work schedule and she has "lost" herself.  And...OMG!  She has to make dinner for him.  She is one amazing and inspirational woman.

Actually, if Jeffrey were my son, I'd probably schedule only one of these events for him...not three. 

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7

SHERRI:   Thanks to some on this forum, I learned that I don't have to sign up for Twitter to read people's Tweets.  Here's one from Sherri:

Taking Jeffrey to classmate's birthday party...Jeffrey to a playdate... taking Jeffrey2 Skyzone... making Jeffrey dinner-I have lost myself!

Poor put-upon Sherri.  One child...no regular work schedule and she has "lost" herself.  And...OMG!  She has to make dinner for him.  She is one amazing and inspirational woman.

Actually, if Jeffrey were my son, I'd probably schedule only one of these events for him...not three. 

She needs to give him a little space (it may help her to find herself!)

She filmed and posted a video from the birthday party so fans are thinking its Jeffrey's birthday!

From Ro's "Ask Ro"

"Has Chelsea registered for school in Wisconsin, or is she dropping out? I hope you are in touch with her....

she is in nj"

Could she be back with the convicted drug dealer in NJ? Is he out of jail?

Edited by Vinyasa

From Ro's "Ask Ro"

"Has Chelsea registered for school in Wisconsin, or is she dropping out? I hope you are in touch with her....

she is in nj"

Could she be back with the convicted drug dealer in NJ? Is he out of jail?

Uh oh, that didn't take long. I know that about a week ago the judge approved Chelsea's request to lift the no contact order with the drug dealer, so they're free to see each other. In related news, it turns out Sheerer's father was arrested a few weeks ago in connection with an anabolic steroid drug ring operation. I guess the bad apple didn't fall far from the tree. That's a great crowd Chelsea has gotten herself involved with. Ugh.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2015/09/barnegat_man_charged_in_steroid-smuggling_operatio.html

I read that. The most interesting thing I read in the article is that there is another embryo and that if Lamar uses it, Sherri isn't on the hook for child support and that she wants that egg destroyed.

I wonder if she will now destroy the other eggs she had with her first husband.

• Love 1

From the DM

EXCLUSIVE: 'Sherri Shepherd betrayed me and worse, her baby.' Surrogate lashes out at The View star for turning her back on now one-year-old Lamar Jr who is growing up without a mom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230803/Sherri-Shepherd-betrayed-baby-Surrogate-lashes-View-star-turning-one-year-old-Lamar-Jr-growing-without-mom.html

Interesting. That's exactly what the surrogacy community was afraid of - that Sherri's bad behavior could do real damage by causing potential surrogates and donors to back away from participating in the process out of fear that they too could get left holding the baby, if you will, by irresponsible parents trying to back out of the contract after conception. I'd say Sherri should be deeply ashamed if I thought she had any shame at all.

• Love 7

Interesting. That's exactly what the surrogacy community was afraid of - that Sherri's bad behavior could do real damage by causing potential surrogates and donors to back away from participating in the process out of fear that they too could get left holding the baby, if you will, by irresponsible parents trying to back out of the contract after conception. I'd say Sherri should be deeply ashamed if I thought she had any shame at all.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact, if true (this is the DM, after all), that the surrogate had to pay child support. Something's off with this story.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact, if true (this is the DM, after all), that the surrogate had to pay child support. Something's off with this story.

Earlier (Jan, 2015) news on this issue:

http://jezebel.com/sherri-shepherds-surrogate-im-being-forced-to-pay-chil-1682672940

Bartholomew explains that although she was connected with the couple through a surrogate agency, she is listed on the child's birth certificate as a "noncustodial parent." Because of this, she says that she is also being pursued for child support. Apparently, Sally applied for Medi-Cal, which is a state program that provides free or low-cost health insurance, to assist with medical costs relating to a health condition plaguing the infant. This resulted in the state of California going after Bartholomew for child support.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

It is good to finally know the facts.  Once Sherry signed the contract to hire a surrogate, she didn't have the right to back out.  I don't  know if she was  too  stupid to  understand  the legal facts or was so angry that she didn't  care about the legality of the  case. but in the end, she was wrong, wrong, wrong!

• Love 5
It is good to finally know the facts.  Once Sherry signed the contract to hire a surrogate, she didn't have the right to back out.  I don't  know if she was  too  stupid to  understand  the legal facts or was so angry that she didn't  care about the legality of the  case. but in the end, she was wrong, wrong, wrong!

She was a STAR...and had all the power and clout that comes with that.  She knew all she had to do was stomp her little Louboutins and she'd get out of any contract she signed, girl!

The most interesting thing I read in the article is that there is another embryo and that if Lamar uses it, Sherri isn't on the hook for child support and that she wants that egg destroyed.  

I wonder if she will now destroy the other eggs she had with her first husband.

She can probably justify destroying the more recent egg (isn't it an embryo) by claiming it was the spawn of The Devil!

Those other embryos were gifts from God and they shall not be murdered.

• Love 2

From the DM

EXCLUSIVE: 'Sherri Shepherd betrayed me and worse, her baby.' Surrogate lashes out at The View star for turning her back on now one-year-old Lamar Jr who is growing up without a mom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230803/Sherri-Shepherd-betrayed-baby-Surrogate-lashes-View-star-turning-one-year-old-Lamar-Jr-growing-without-mom.html

Sherri retweeted  a tweet by someone which included a link to this article, earlier today. She has since removed it. Wonder who woke her up?

It's true. That's one of the risks of being a surrogate. State laws haven't caught up, and in some states the surrogacy contracts are in some ways not enforceable at all. Once the state of PA put her name on the birth certificate she was screwed. Sal and his attorneys asked Sherri to put LJ on her insurance temporarily without prejudice (meaning they would stipulate that doing so would in no way affect the then pending court cases or be an admission of anything on her part) but she refused so Sal had little choice but to apply for medi-cal coverage. Every step of the way Sherri went out of her way to screw over the surrogate who was completely innocent and blameless and was just trying help an infertile couple have the baby they both said they so badly wanted.

• Love 9

UGH!  Sherri's definition of "bonding" with Jeffery. (It's a video, click in the center of it)

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 2h2 hours ago 

Bonding thru boxing! This 10 year old just kicked Mommy's butt!

https://instagram.com/p/7oQdHhoLjb/

Matching outfits (with logos)- Is it a class offered by a gym?

The movements may be helpful to Jeffrey (improving his gross motor skills) but there has got to be a better way! 

• Love 1

Wait, whose egg is it? I know it's the ex-husband's sperm, but is it Sherri's egg? I don't think so from the looks of that baby.

Anyway, Sherri is an idiot because she's so desperate. Her inability to not act out of desperation will continue to screw her over. Now we have her talking up this twenty something year old flight attendant, which I first heard her talking about on black radio back in May/June. Oh lordy, when will this woman learn? Joy cracked me up when she told her to stop talking about him because she doesn't have the greatest track record. Yes, STFU Sherri.

And I'm with D.L. Hughley, can't stand that ex-husband, nothing but a loser, he saw Sherri's desperation a mile away and hit the jackpot. DL can't stand a man who can't pay his own way, man looking for a meal ticket, he can't stand it and I'm with him.  

What a mess.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

She was a STAR...and had all the power and clout that comes with that.  She knew all she had to do was stomp her little Louboutins and she'd get out of any contract she signed, girl!

She can probably justify destroying the more recent egg (isn't it an embryo) by claiming it was the spawn of The Devil!

Those other embryos were gifts from God and they shall not be murdered.

I think in this case, if Lamar Sally wanted to use this embryo via a surrogate he might stand a very good chance to since the embryo contains none of Sherri's DNA and is a full sibling to his son who he is raising. The frozen embryos that are so often contested are ones that contain the DNA of the divorcing or divorced couples. Would Sherri be on the hook for more child support? Depends on the contract that was signed I guess. But if Lamar truly did want a second child (and I've no idea if he does or doesn't) then I think that he would have the most success and Sherri not refuse to relinquish ownership if he also stipulated that he would not be asking for child support.

Incidentally, I am pro choice however I have a real problem with all the frozen embryos that are now languishing in freezers. Someone said that the number involved is well over 500K fertilized eggs/embryos that are now in limbo in labs.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 1

UGH!  Sherri's definition of "bonding" with Jeffery. (It's a video, click in the center of it)

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 2h2 hours ago 

Bonding thru boxing! This 10 year old just kicked Mommy's butt!

https://instagram.com/p/7oQdHhoLjb/

I'm failing to see the issue. I can usually get the eye rolling aspect or whatever, but, this, i'm missing something. Trust and believe that child is going to have to defend himself and it's something I am glad he is learning and hope he is being trained properly in how to do so. I honestly doubt Sherri is setting him up to be a Tyson or something. 

• Love 2

I'm failing to see the issue. I can usually get the eye rolling aspect or whatever, but, this, i'm missing something. Trust and believe that child is going to have to defend himself and it's something I am glad he is learning and hope he is being trained properly in how to do so. I honestly doubt Sherri is setting him up to be a Tyson or something. 

So, perhaps I'm seeing it wrong. I see  a mother and son who appear to hardly see each other. She refers to this video as bonding. She referred to taking him to see a movie as bonding. Perhaps it's the word "bonding" and choosing to put it out for the public to see, that got me.

• Love 1

So, perhaps I'm seeing it wrong. I see  a mother and son who appear to hardly see each other. She refers to this video as bonding. She referred to taking him to see a movie as bonding. Perhaps it's the word "bonding" and choosing to put it out for the public to see, that got me.

Oh okay, I got ya. They both seem to be having fun and getting a work out at that. I see that as bonding, but, I get where you're coming from. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll land a nice right hook to her mouth. *wink*

• Love 1

Oh okay, I got ya. They both seem to be having fun and getting a work out at that. I see that as bonding, but, I get where you're coming from. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll land a nice right hook to her mouth. *wink*

I have to admit, that's how I thought the video was gong to end.

• Love 1

I agree, sometimes posting things like that on Twitter, Facebook, etc. feels like the person is seeking approval by saying: "Look at ME! Aren't I a GOOD MOTHER!!!" *pats self on back*

Of course, there are people who're addicted to making their personal life public, and that may be more the case for Sherri Shepherd.

• Love 5

I

agree, sometimes posting things like that on Twitter, Facebook, etc. feels like the person is seeking approval by saying: "Look at ME! Aren't I a GOOD MOTHER!!!" *pats self on back*

Oh I agree with this.  It always seems to me Sherri wants props for simply doing what mothers do.  But then again Sherri seems to want props for everything she does.

• Love 7

I thought I remembered that Sherri's eggs and the ones she stored were no longer viable, and Sal talked her into using one from an old girl friend and his sperm? Am I all wrong about that? If it's true and I just didn't dream it, I think that changes all the custody arguments. I can certainly understand her not wanting anything to do with the guy...

I think the girlfriend story is just wholly unsubstantiated rumor. The "official" (and I use that term loosely) story is that they went through a donor agency and selected an egg donor with features similar to Sherri's. They originally tried to use Sherri's eggs, and she went through the process with hormone injections etc., but her eggs were not viable. (Further proof by the way that she was a full and willing participant in creating a baby with Lamar. If her eggs had been viable, even if they still needed to use a surrogate, her later failed legal shenanigans would have been shut down from the get-go.)

• Love 5

Plus, if LJ was conceived using Sherri's egg, no way could she have used the argument that she didn't have to pay child support because this wasn't her child, even if it was via surrogacy.  I think her argument was since there was no biological tie, and that she was "tricked" (or whatever argument she used--I don't know, I didn't read any of the articles except for one or two), so shouldn't be legally responsible, etc.

• Love 2

Sherri is a twit and thinks because she is famous (in her eyes lol) and has money ... She can get away with anything with her fantastic lawyers. Her eggs were no good ..they used a surrogate and Lamar spurm...she talked about finding a drama free uterus and how they wanted a boy.....she signed a contract for the baby ...now she thinks she can change her mind ...just like having another abortion for Sherri..disgusting

• Love 5

Once the state of PA put her name on the birth certificate she was screwed. Sal and his attorneys asked Sherri to put LJ on her insurance temporarily without prejudice (meaning they would stipulate that doing so would in no way affect the then pending court cases or be an admission of anything on her part) but she refused so Sal had little choice but to apply for medi-cal coverage.

Why didn't big Sal get a job with health benefits? instead of being just fine with tax payers getting the bills.

Why didn't big Sal get a job with health benefits? instead of being just fine with tax payers getting the bills.

Haters gotta hate..... He is a teacher... it took time for school to start for him to start working...... Personally I think all children should receive government insurance no matter the income level of the parents...... most substitution teachers dont receive health benefits

Oh... and California went after the surrogate for child support.

I have no idea why so many people defend Sherri when way too often she discards children/fetus when they become inconvenient. I have never heard of a man being defended for walking away from his child

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 8

Don't most jobs that offer benefits have a waiting period to be eligible for insurance anyway? LJ was a newborn and I thought it wasn't a good idea for newborns to go straight into daycare situations like that? I don't have kids so I'm only going by what I've heard and read. Not trying to say I know for sure.

• Love 1

Haters gotta hate..... He is a teacher... it took time for school to start for him to start working...... Personally I think all children should receive government insurance no matter the income level of the parents...... most substitution teachers dont receive health benefits

Oh... and California went after the surrogate for child support.

I have no idea why so many people defend Sherri when way too often she discards children/fetus when they become inconvenient. I have never heard of a man being defended for walking away from his child

Thank you Roger. I don't really understand the Sal hate either. Whatever his alleged motives for marrying Sherri, good or not, they're irrelevant where LJ is concerned. Sherri is an adult who made her own choices of her own free will. Nobody forced her to marry the guy. Meanwhile, unlike Sherri, he has by all evidence stepped up to be a responsible parent to that little boy. Isn't that a good thing and exactly what he should be doing?

Sal is a teacher, and apparently like just about everyone else in LA he also dabbled in the entertainment industry. His move back to California from the East Coast was unplanned and happened in the summer when school is not in session. After years away he needed time to recertify his teaching credentials before he could return to any teaching job, something that was likely not possible to complete prior to the August start of the public school year in LA. And of course there was no guarantee that the school district would have an opening or be willing to hire him after the start of the school year. Meanwhile he also became a single first time father to a newborn in August. Even if he wasn't in the middle of what should've been his paternity leave time, any temporary job that he might have been able to find in the interim was not likely to have included benefits, and as you pointed out Roger, substitute teaching jobs (which are pretty much the only thing he would be able to get after the start of the school year) likely don't come with much in the way of benefits even through the teachers union. So it's not like Sal had a lot of options and in the meantime he had a newborn who needed medical care. To my mind, once Sherri refused to put the baby on her insurance, he did the only responsible thing available to him at the time.

Sherri is solely responsible for putting the surrogate in the line of fire of the laws of the states of PA and CA. Had Sherri not broken her contractual obligations and attempt to abandon her child, the surrogate never would have been involved after giving birth and the child would have had healthcare coverage from day one.

It continues to be a mystery to me why so many people seem willing to give Sherri a pass for attempting to abandon her child, while they continue to hate on Sal for attempting to do right by his kid. I don't get it.

• Love 8

What really bothers me is how Sherri used abortion for birth control, abandoned the child she told View audiences  daily that she wanted, pushes her special needs child into stressful, over stimulating situations & has her fans bowing to her in reverence. Truly a sad example of how any untalented individual can brazenly get themselves in the media by making a complete fool of themselves & be worshiped for doing sick things...........

• Love 8

They used to say ignorance is bliss.  Nowadays ignorance is profitable.  Sherri has made a career out of being stupid and making jokes about it.

I honestly can't stand to look at her. She seems to not be a big enough celebrity for the whole surrogate thing to have made any real impact on her career.  People who know who she is know about the scandal but the public at large doesn't  have a clue.  And also part of this whole Sherri not getting a ton of backlash is a lot of her fans didn't like Sal before the scandal.  Before this happened I thought she was stupid for marrying him but I just figured it was just another one of her mistakes.  Wasn't her first and wouldn't be her last.  But after she walked away from that baby and declared she shouldn't have any responsibility for that child simply because she was no longer with the father made me change stupid to selfish.  My opinion of Sal didn't change though. 

• Love 3

Never too early to engage your kids in purely symbolic "patriotism":

https://instagram.com/p/7sTuWineeh/

I'm not being sarcastic:  How does the Hasselbeck family wearing country specific wardrobe colors, and walking with flags, support and contribute to members of the military? Or the VA?  Or their families?  Do they contribute money?  Do they include fatherless/motherless children of military in their family activities?  Do they visit the wounded  and provide a brief distraction from the physical pain and emotional hell they've been needlessly thrown into (waving to GW and Cheney)…...

• Love 10

The Hasselbecks make a big deal about participating in "Team RWB", an organization that purports to reintegrate returning vets to their communities via sports and physical activities (I guess if you don't like sports, or heaven forbid can't engage in them because of injury or disability, you're SOL.) Isn't it great that they found an organization that does stuff that they like and that they would probably do anyway? Nice when things work out that way.

I have never heard anything about them volunteering at Fisher House or other military-focused charities.

• Love 4