Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

From the esteemed Daily Mail...

Sherri's back in court

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3261392/Sherri-Shepherd-lawyers-court-ditch-effort-avoiding-paying-child-support-sick-son-born-surrogate.html

and Chelsea (RO's daughter) is talking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3260783/Rosie-O-Donnell-s-daughter-Chelsea-breaks-silence-reveal-star-locks-away-arts-crafts-house-blasting-Madonna-smoking-weed-left-View-feared-heart-attack-Whoopi.html

ETA: No need to worry for Sherri - she's going to smile her way through whatever may come and God's working things out for her.

https://instagram.com/p/8faehnILur/

Edited by Eire
  • Love 1

Ugh, Sherri is always going on about her "smiling" her way through adversity. I find it so unsettling and unhealthy. It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another to not own your frustration or anger or sadness. And it hardly counts as smiling when one's eyes betray one's true feelings.

• Love 2

ETA: No need to worry for Sherri - she's going to smile her way through whatever may come and God's working things out for her.

https://instagram.com/p/8faehnILur/

So she thinks God is working it out for her?  Really?  Sounds to me like the she is just waiting for the outcome she wants.  And if she doesn't get what she wants then what?  God did work things out just not in her favor?  She is going to lose this court case.  And I absolutely shudder to think if she does take this all the way to Supreme Court.  I can just see her now calling out to Ruth Bader Ginsburg "Hey girl".

• Love 3

Ugh, Sherri is always going on about her "smiling" her way through adversity. I find it so unsettling and unhealthy.

I absolutely agree and makes me wonder if this is what she teaches Jeffrey.  Life does not always work out the way you want.  It's one thing to have faith but to just simply think God is going to make everything alright is delusional.  IMO.  NO offense to anyone of faith. But for Sherri to think a kind caring God would be on her side is crazy. 

• Love 3

Maybe all the judge's rulings against Sherrie ARE god's attempt to make this all ok-- ok for society, not for self-centered Sherrie. The fact that she thinks that whatever God she believes in would prefer to protect her money rather than help take care of a child is simply laughable. Was her marriage a sham? Maybe. Is Lamar taking advantage of her deep pockets? Maybe. But when it comes down to it, Sherrie is fighting against the care and well-being of a child. If she'd let her anger at the failed relationship go, and would stop worrying about feeling like a fool for getting into this situation, she could stop seeing this situation as adversity for anyone other than the child.

Edited by marny
  • Love 7

I gotta say... that was a total negative article..... it sounds like sour grapes..... what I took from it was basically.... Chelsea had a wonderful life... but now her mother was terrible.... and it was her parents divorce which caused her depression.

Honestly I didnt finish reading it because so much of it just didnt ring true. She was upset because Rosie has a different personality outside the home then inside the home..... well pretty much we all do.... and she also seemed upset because Rosie didnt dress up and do her makeup when she was at home..... she also criticizes Rosie for being "raised by nannies" but she did not criticize Kelli for the same reasons... go figure

She seems quite shallow and entitled.... then again she is a teenager

• Love 4

Maybe all the judge's rulings against Sherrie ARE god's attempt to make this all ok-- ok for society, not for self-centered Sherrie. The fact that she thinks that whatever God she believes in would prefer to protect her money rather than help take care of a child is simply laughable.

So after Sherri loses her court appeal she can either believe God failed her or God did do the right thing it just wasn't the right thing for Sherri.  I'm going to take a wild guess and say she will just smile.

• Love 4

Wonder why Rosie would send her 12 year old daughter thousands of miles away to a "therapeutic" school if all was well and fine with Chelsea.  

And, yes, most people don't go through hair/make-up/wardrobe when we're in the privacy of our own homes/off-duty.  That was an odd thing to emphasize. 

• Love 3

Wonder why Rosie would send her 12 year old daughter thousands of miles away to a "therapeutic" school if all was well and fine with Chelsea.  

And, yes, most people don't go through hair/make-up/wardrobe when we're in the privacy of our own homes/off-duty.  That was an odd thing to emphasize. 

It always seemed that Rosie was trying to do what was best for her children..... and sometimes as children we dont see what is actually best for us.

Also, people with means make different decisions because of their money.... I wonder if Chelsea is gonna get a job or if she will continue to let others take care of her

• Love 2

Well, it [to make it about me] might be something that would be good for Chelsea? I know that as a kid, I was bullied, teased, and beat up on by both girls and boys. I know my parents got some brochures about sending me to a boarding school in South India, near a hill station, where children of all nationalities attended. I read over the brochure, and I'll be honest--I wanted to go.

But in the end, my dad didn't want me to be so far away from them. I sometimes wonder if I had gone, what kind of person would I be today? Maybe more self assured? Education so not in the U.S. bubble? But then I would have been deprived of the friends I did make here, and the wonderful teachers I did get here, in high school and college.

I don't know, that interview just bugged; especially her referring to her mothers by their first names and not "mom."

And not to be judgy, but suuuure, a person who has mental issues, is the perfect person to be able to tell the public whether she has mental issues. I couldn't finish the article, either.

And really, (I'm blanking on the phrase I'm thinking of--heads up? No that's not right. Clue? uh-uh, nope), Chelsea, your mother is a public figure, so she will have a public persona that is different from her private one.  Heads up! That's it! I think.

Talk about someone who is ungrateful.

And I don't have enough words for the stupidity that is Sherri's lawyer. That the surrogate should have given up the baby for adoption, so she wouldn't have to put her name on the birth certificate or whatever nonsense he was spewing.

No WAY would the Supreme Court even grant certiorari to hear Sherri's case. They'd deny it and throw it back to the Court of Appeals, if Sherri's lawyer is stupid enough to think they even have a chance.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

I had the opposite reaction, I read the whole article, and I believe Chelsea's version of events. I like Rosie, but what she did to Chelsea and her boyfriend was a shitty thing to do, and she no doubt harmed him and his family severely by tweeting about his prior arrests. Based on what we know about Rosie, she would be no dream to live with. And I think Rosie has publicly said her depression causes her to stop body maintenance and she picks her skin, so not taking care of her appearance around the house isn't always just normal.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

and Chelsea (RO's daughter) is talking

http://www.dailymail...ack-Whoopi.html

Wonder how much money Chelesa got paid for this?

Also, people with means make different decisions because of their money.... I wonder if Chelsea is gonna get a job or if she will continue to let others take care of her

She says she is going to finish high school online and move back to Wisconsin with the drug dealer boyfriend. Glad you have a plan there Chelesa and hope the money from this article was worth it.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

She's probably just pissed that her mother tried to put the kibosh on her star-crossed love affair with a drug user. She says her mother would eat all the cookies and ask her kids if they had candy? And her mother sent her to a therapeutic school to work through her emotions during the time her parents' marriage was falling apart? Gee, what a horrible thing to do! Some teens are depressing.  I don't think the police would lie about her pretending not to be at the boyfriend's place initially, so she's clearly lying about going with them willingly.

• Love 4

Well, it [to make it about me] might be something that would be good for Chelsea? I know that as a kid, I was bullied, teased, and beat up 

It always seemed that Rosie was trying to do what was best for her children..... and sometimes as children we dont see what is actually best for us.

Yes, I agree…that is my point.  Chelsea (or whoever is speaking with the Daily Mail) maintains that there was never anything wrong with her medically or emotionally, yet her mother(s) thought the best thing was to send her to a very specific environment on the other side of the country.  If Rosie and Kelly have joint legal custody of the children, Kelly would have to agree, in writing, for this to happen….Rosie is not permitted to make these decisions alone.  They sort of left that out.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 6

So, Sherri will smile through it. Good for her. A post thanking God accompanied by a picture of herself says it all. t's always been about Sherri and always will be. I really feel sorry for Jeffrey, really sorry.

• Love 3

There's probably some truth to what Chelsea is saying. There is also probably some adolescent exaggeration. I did note that she speaks warmly of her siblings, which is nice and gives me hope that some sort of repair of the relationahip could happen down the road.

I will say it annoys me when some people - not necessarily on this board - suggest or imply that adopted children should be grateful for anything they get. To the extent Chelsea *was* treated poorly (and again, in the words of Whoopi, I don't know, I wasn't there) for her to say that now doesn't make her an ungrateful brat.

• Love 1

There's probably some truth to what Chelsea is saying. There is also probably some adolescent exaggeration. I did note that she speaks warmly of her siblings, which is nice and gives me hope that some sort of repair of the relationahip could happen down the road.

I will say it annoys me when some people - not necessarily on this board - suggest or imply that adopted children should be grateful for anything they get. To the extent Chelsea *was* treated poorly (and again, in the words of Whoopi, I don't know, I wasn't there) for her to say that now doesn't make her an ungrateful brat.

If you notice in the article.... she shares different type of stories of the same issue between her 2 parents..... Chelsea was not just raised by Rosie.... Kelli was part of her life growing up too.... but she only blames Rosie for having nannies.... she only talks about Rosie in a negative way..... and that in my opinion... makes her an ungrateful brat.

• Love 8

Sherri is laying it on thick today!

https://instagram.com/p/8gT4nkoLol/

BTW: Niecy Nash is in a series called 'Getting On' - frickin hysterical and disturbing with Laurie Metcalfe as a doctor/ sex "researcher" at a women's elder care facility.

That's right! A doctor/ sex "researcher" at a women's elder care facility. Why is this show flying under the radar?

Niecy plays the straight woman to the other characters and is quite good.

• Love 4

If you notice in the article.... she shares different type of stories of the same issue between her 2 parents..... Chelsea was not just raised by Rosie.... Kelli was part of her life growing up too.... but she only blames Rosie for having nannies.... she only talks about Rosie in a negative way..... and that in my opinion... makes her an ungrateful brat.

Chelsea went to live with Ro in Chicago, which she didn't mention.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-06/entertainment/ct-ent-1006-rosie-odonnell-20111006_1_kelli-carpenter-harpo-studios-rosie-o-donnell/2

Sherri is laying it on thick today!

https://instagram.com/p/8gT4nkoLol/

BTW: Niecy Nash is in a series called 'Getting On' - frickin hysterical and disturbing with Laurie Metcalfe as a doctor/ sex "researcher" at a women's elder care facility.

That's right! A doctor/ sex "researcher" at a women's elder care facility. Why is this show flying under the radar?

Niecy plays the straight woman to the other characters and is quite good.

I notice in the explanation on who Niecy Nash is... Sherri did not mention that she introduced her to her last ex-husband who helped her create a son that she wanted to have aborted and still denies

• Love 2

I honestly thought  when Chelsea spilled it would be worse than that.  Pretty much everything she said about life with Rosie, I've heard before.   If anything, I think Whoopi was hit the hardest with Chelsea's revelation that Rosie came home everyday saying Whoopi was stoned on set!

• Love 4

As for Sherri -- I wouldn't go as far as to call her the baby's mother, but that child exists because Sherri and Sal arranged his conception. He would not have been born if Sherri and Sal hadn't paid a great deal of money and gone to extraordinary lengths to make it so.  In my mind, that makes her legally and financially responsible for him, "mother" or not. Take responsibility for your actions, Sherri!  As for her saying God is on her side, He is -- but He's not a gumball dispenser, where you pop in a prayer and out comes the result you want. If anything, God arranged this life lesson to try to teach Sherri about maturity, generosity, and responsibility.

(Poor baby, that's the first I've heard of his health issues. Sad.)

As for Chelsea -- laughable. Poor girl, she lived in a house that was "too big" and got sent to an expensive boarding school to deal with whatever issues she was going through. One of her parents doesn't cook well, so she grew up eating restaurant food and had two nannies and says that there was always someone there to give her rides to places she wanted to go. She has siblings she loves. Her mother wants to show her physical affection, but she doesn't like to be touched, so the parent respects her boundaries. The inhumanity! 

One parent smokes weed, but won't do it in front of the kids and in fact goes into a separate building to do so.  That parent also puts on a pleasant public face outside the home and doesn't always dress up and wear make-up inside the home. The parent also quit a great-paying job because she was concerned about her own health issues, which are considerable. The parent kicked out a spouse, partially because the spouse said awful things about the kids.  Horrifying!

I bet 99% of American kids would kill to switch places with Chelsea. I'm sorry she's so desperately unhappy, but seriously, it's hard for me to imagine what would make her happy. Apparently she thinks a druggie boyfriend is the path to healing all the abuses she's had to endure in her life with Rosie and Kelli.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 16

Did ya'll catch this part?  Taken from The Daily Mail interview with Chelsea?

Rosie cited personal health reasons as why she was leaving "The View" in February 2015.

"She and Whoopi really didn't get along and she'd come home every day and talk about how she was stoned on set and she was being really mean to her," Chelsea recalled.

"Rosie said 'I've already had a heart attack, I don't need this much stress.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3

Whoopi is smart. She lives in New Jersey where medical marijuana is legal. She has said on the show its because of her glaucoma. But I call total BS on this and say its totally for recreational use. But if the producers ever said anything she could claim the medical card. 

Edited by ilovethe90s
  • Love 6
I have to say ChicagoCita Sherri is the mother..... that is what the courts say... that is what the birth certificate says..... yes she is responsible for that boy... and yes she is the mother.

We agree she is responsible for him, both for his existence and for him financially. I personally have trouble calling someone who didn't adopt the child, doesn't want the child, and has no genetic ties to the child his "mother." But he exists because of her willfulness, and legally she is his mother. It's time for her to step up, accept these facts, and act like a responsible adult. But this is Sherri, and I don't know that any of that is in her skill set.

(Anecdotally:  I have friends, a lesbian couple, who have a child. One woman provided the egg, and the other gave birth. Yet they still -- after all that -- had to go to court to legally adopt their baby. The law is wayyyy behind the curve in this new age of medical miracles. We will see more convoluted cases as time goes on, and then when there's enough case law, legal precedents will be relied on. That may be Sherri Shepherd's lasting legacy.)

• Love 3

I honestly thought when Chelsea spilled it would be worse than that. Pretty much everything she said about life with Rosie, I've heard before. If anything, I think Whoopi was hit the hardest with Chelsea's revelation that Rosie came home everyday saying Whoopi was stoned on set!

Yes I felt the same way. I saw nothing in that article that anyone with slightly more than a passing knowledge of Rosie wouldn't know from Rosie herself via social media, her books and her blog etc. I thought the swipe at Whoopi was the most amusing, but even that revelation was hardly breaking news.

The rest sounded to me like fairly standard issue privileged teenage girl who doesn't get along with one or both of her parents melodrama. Granted, she has some decidedly nontypical life circumstances and she's been through and is going through some emotional and psychological challenges, but still...teenage girl pissed at her parents and pushing boundaries. I also suspect that the story of being thrown out of the house didn't quite play out the way she's claiming. Again, I suspect a healthy dose of embellishment and melodrama there too.

• Love 10

It is my sincere hope that the appeals court gives Sherri a big verbal smack down in its ruling for continuing to pursue her attempts to abandon her child, and that she also is ordered to pay ALL of the attorneys fees, not just Sal's. Perhaps if I just keep smiling like a fool Sherri's god will provide for me.

• Love 13

I saw nothing in that article that anyone with slightly more than a passing knowledge of Rosie wouldn't know from Rosie herself via social media, her books and her blog etc. I thought the swipe at Whoopi was the most amusing, but even that revelation was hardly breaking news.

So agree.  We know that Ro has a big house with regular furniture and a movie room with a big screen.

• Love 4

It is my sincere hope that the appeals court gives Sherri a big verbal smack down in its ruling for continuing to pursue her attempts to abandon her child, and that she also is ordered to pay ALL of the attorneys fees, not just Sal's. Perhaps if I just keep smiling like a fool Sherri's god will provide for me.

I agree.  The way I view it - what if it were the reverse?  A husband and wife agree to use a surrogate to have a baby.   During the pregnancy, the couple breaks up.   the husband, who is the main breadwinner,  no longer wants to be father to the child.  Doesn't he have the financial obligation to the child, whether or not he is the biological parent?   Wouldn't the guy be viewed as abandoning the child if he refused to acknowledge any responsibility? It would be seen as exactly the same thing as leaving a pregnant wife.   You started a baby, you can't just change your mind because the marriage fell apart. 

Sherri, honey, GOD is on the side of the baby, a child whom you and your then-husband agreed to bring into the world. Don't pray to god to change the outcome, accept what has already happened, and see that as god's decision.   You can divorce your husband, you don't get to divorce your child.   If you choose not to be there physically and emotionally for this child, then you are a terrible human being, but you get to make that choice.   You do NOT get to choose not to provide financial support.  

• Love 13

And really, (I'm blanking on the phrase I'm thinking of--heads up? No that's not right. Clue? uh-uh, nope), Chelsea, your mother is a public figure, so she will have a public persona that is different from her private one. Heads up! That's it! I think.

Were you maybe trying to think of "news flash"?

• Love 4

If Chelsea really is mentally ill, homeless, and doesn't even have a high school diploma, then I really don't agree with her rich parents kicking her out, cutting her off and making her do this stupid interview for money.  That is so irresponsible. Does she even have health insurance anymore to get the medications she supposedly needs?  I guess in a few years when she is on SSI and medicaid, she will be able to afford them again?

It sounds to me like the daily mail asked her all those questions about what Rosie looks like at home, etc. I don't think she would have brought them up otherwise.  Some of those "therapeutic boarding schools" are really abusive, and don't necessarily know how to help someone growing up with abandonment/attachment issues due to being adopted and born addicted to drugs.  I'm sure if she was really malicious she could have made up all sorts of things rather then just saying that she was unhappy being sent away and that her parent's divorce was really difficult. 

• Love 2

I'd love to blast Sherri on this.  https://instagram.com/p/8lt_o2ILqe/

I wonder if this is supposed to be funny or something?  Is she pretending she can't afford these shoes?    Geezus Sherri, cough up the $1500 and shut your yap.  Your salary from The View is old news*   and we know the pre-nup with Sal only gave him a lump sum of $6oK. 

*Last year ET reported she made at least *1.5 million a season from this show and her net worth around $10 million. 

• Love 2

On that DailyMail story, as a longtime RO fan,  I have to say that there wasn't one piece of new information in it.  In fact she used to video blog from her Arts and Crafts room/guesthouse all the time - where she blasted music,  wore t-shirts and bike shorts, and went without makeup.  The kids were in heaven in that craft space.  

To me, Chelsea sounds like a kid who had a hard time with her parents divorce/breakup which is not exactly unique.    Ditto for a teen girl who fights with her mother, again not exactly breaking news.  So RO actually would punish her children by sending them to their rooms without their electronics?  Gasp!  What a monster!   And waaaa waaaa waaaa about the nannies, and vacations, and general perks of being the child of a wealthy celebrity.     I didn't even finish reading that stupid story. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Some of those "therapeutic boarding schools" are really abusive, and don't necessarily know how to help someone growing up with abandonment/attachment issues due to being adopted and born addicted to drugs.  I'm sure if she was really malicious she could have made up all sorts of things rather then just saying that she was unhappy being sent away and that her parent's divorce was really difficult. 

Agreed, but I don't think that RO and Kelli would have sent Chelsea to any of those places since they could afford to pay for the very best.  A lot of the good ones are located in places like Utah because of the beautiful peaceful environment.  Chelsea doesn't claim that she was abused and speaks very positively of her experience, given what that experience is.

I was going to note that places like this generally don't just take a kid if there isn't a real necessity for treatment.  So Chelsea has had problems, I was thinking about attachment issues as well, since she was adopted.

Nothing about the interview surprised me either.

• Love 3

I'd love to blast Sherri on this.  https://instagram.com/p/8lt_o2ILqe/

One of my pet peeves is rich celebs showing off some luxury item they bought all the while saying how much this is going to hurt their bank account.  STFU Sherri Shepherd.  She was just tweeting about how she had to do gigs to pay for Jeffrey's many therapies.  But yet she spends a crazy amount of money on those shoes.  And let's not forget about all the money she is spending on lawyers to avoid paying for a child she spent thousands of dollars to create and bring into this world before she decided she no longer wanted that child.  It's her money and she can spend it however she wants but for her to act like she is struggling is an insult to the millions of people who are financially struggling.  This woman gets more unlikable with each passing day.

• Love 12

One of my pet peeves is rich celebs showing off some luxury item they bought all the while saying how much this is going to hurt their bank account.  STFU Sherri Shepherd.  She was just tweeting about how she had to do gigs to pay for Jeffrey's many therapies.  But yet she spends a crazy amount of money on those shoes.  And let's not forget about all the money she is spending on lawyers to avoid paying for a child she spent thousands of dollars to create and bring into this world before she decided she no longer wanted that child.  It's her money and she can spend it however she wants but for her to act like she is struggling is an insult to the millions of people who are financially struggling.  This woman gets more unlikable with each passing day.

Yes, I could not care less what Sherri paid for these shoes.  I'm not really sure why she felt the need to Instagram them rather than just wear them but all that bullshit about payment plans and going halvies with her friend was completely unnecessary.   I don't follow Sherri at all but it sounds like she posts about her money/expenses often.   I can't decide if that makes her out of touch or just classless.  Okay, she's both.  

• Love 7

If memory serves, Chelsea says several times in the DM article that she dislikes being touched.

We had a shelter in our community that took in abandoned or unadoptable children, and I remember they often put out the call for volunteers to cuddle babies who were born to addicts. The babies resisted being touched, and it was heartbreaking to be part of it. You would pick them up and they'd arch their tiny little backs trying to avoid being touched, and scream like they were being abused. It was hard to get volunteers to come in because it was just gut-wrenching to see wee babies with those issues.

So I really have to wonder if Chelsea -- despite her claims -- was born addicted to drugs and her inability to bond with her mothers and her dislike of being touched comes from that?

I just hope she doesn't make any silly decisions now that impact her life negatively for years to come.

• Love 5

If memory serves, Chelsea says several times in the DM article that she dislikes being touched.

We had a shelter in our community that took in abandoned or unadoptable children, and I remember they often put out the call for volunteers to cuddle babies who were born to addicts. The babies resisted being touched, and it was heartbreaking to be part of it. You would pick them up and they'd arch their tiny little backs trying to avoid being touched, and scream like they were being abused. It was hard to get volunteers to come in because it was just gut-wrenching to see wee babies with those issues.

So I really have to wonder if Chelsea -- despite her claims -- was born addicted to drugs and her inability to bond with her mothers and her dislike of being touched comes from that?

I just hope she doesn't make any silly decisions now that impact her life negatively for years to come.

I didn't know about the discomfort with touching re: addicted babies.  That's pretty heart wrenching.  

Seems to me that Chelsea is well on her way to making unwise decisions that will impact her future.  Even if she was having normal teenage frustrations with her parents, she could have chosen to go away to an amazing college/university and had her freedom while building her future.  She's so fortunate to have a very wealthy parent who would pay for her education and I'm sure a great apartment etc. with no worries of debt.  Choosing to live with a drug dealer (user?) is ridiculous and sad. 

• Love 7

I don't know if it was last Christmas or the one before, but Sherri posted a picture on Instagram of a "dressing table" that, upon research, I discovered was a one-of-a-kind (almost objet d'art) worth a fortune,  THAT really pissed me off -- how generous she was to herself -- but she wanted everyone to know!!!  IDIOT!!!

P.S. -- I've been known to indulge myself & don't judge, but that was really over-the-top.

• Love 3

This could be professional/personal so I'll just stick it here:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/tanked/videos/sherri-shepherd-wigs-out-brett/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Tanked

I wonder where she's living. It doesn't look like the house she bought with Sal.

I saw some of that episode before I fell asleep for a bit earlier and it looks like she purchased a more normal size house. It has space on the inside and doesn't look huge from the outside. DId it seem like it could have been in a wooded area somewhere to you? It kinda looked like that to me. I wish I could have stayed awake for the whole episode just so I could see more of that house. 

• Love 1

I didn't know about the discomfort with touching re: addicted babies.  That's pretty heart wrenching.  

Seems to me that Chelsea is well on her way to making unwise decisions that will impact her future.  Even if she was having normal teenage frustrations with her parents, she could have chosen to go away to an amazing college/university and had her freedom while building her future.  She's so fortunate to have a very wealthy parent who would pay for her education and I'm sure a great apartment etc. with no worries of debt.  Choosing to live with a drug dealer (user?) is ridiculous and sad. 

It's a pretty prominent sympton in adoption when the babies have been through trauma or come from addicted mothers.  

I can't even say how big it is that she could have gone to almost any school and not worry about debt.  Kids in college today have all their options squeezed out because they must be able to come out school able to make a salary that will handle the monthly payments.  The pressure is incredible, lord help you if you're planning on going on to a masters and you get a B in one of your major courses - it's beyond ridiculous how competitive and pressurized the situation is.  I thought it would let up after the high school craziness to get into a rigorous prestigious school - but it just amps up further.

• Love 3
One of my pet peeves is rich celebs showing off some luxury item they bought all the while saying how much this is going to hurt their bank account.

I accidentally saw a part of "Tanked," a show about custom aquariums built for celebrities.  Sherri Shepherd was the celebrity, so I DVR'd the show and watched some of it today.  She brought the aquarium designers into her NJ home so they could agree on placement.  She walked them into the dining room...a beautiful table and chairs, set for a formal dinner.  The designers commented on the table and Sherri told some story about seeing one of the Jonas Brothers' homes featured in a magazine.  I think she read that brother was selling his house, so she called to ask if his dining room furniture was for sale.

He said that he would sell it and then quoted a price that she felt was exorbitant.  Then she gives the designers the inside dope...that she pulled the struggling single mother card and the Jonas brother GAVE the dining room furniture to her!     She did get a decent (not ostentatious) aquarium.  Some of the colors were too bright for me (HOT PINK) for an aquarium.  

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · Oct 2 

Sherri Shepherd Retweeted All Things T Swift
Yes! I bought their diningroom set! You recognized it - good eye!

Sherri Shepherd added,

All Things T Swift @All_TSwift13   Just saw @kevinjonas and @daniellejonas old dinning room set in @SherriEShepherd house on #Tanked lol

That's all, everyone have a nice day, lol!

• Love 1

I accidentally saw a part of "Tanked," a show about custom aquariums built for celebrities.  Sherri Shepherd was the celebrity, so I DVR'd the show and watched some of it today.  She brought the aquarium designers into her NJ home so they could agree on placement.  She walked them into the dining room...a beautiful table and chairs, set for a formal dinner.  The designers commented on the table and Sherri told some story about seeing one of the Jonas Brothers' homes featured in a magazine.  I think she read that brother was selling his house, so she called to ask if his dining room furniture was for sale.

He said that he would sell it and then quoted a price that she felt was exorbitant.  Then she gives the designers the inside dope...that she pulled the struggling single mother card and the Jonas brother GAVE the dining room furniture to her!     She did get a decent (not ostentatious) aquarium.  Some of the colors were too bright for me (HOT PINK) for an aquarium.

Wait. So, Sherri shepherd , who gets acting jobs, is a tv celebrity, has a wig line, and can pay $1700 for shoes, is to be pitied because she is a SINGLE MOTHER?

While I work in social service, am not famous, and have never paid more than $100 for shoes, but I can't be struggling because I'm married to my kids father.

Yeah, ok. Struggling single mother who posts photos of Jimmy choo shoes.

• Love 10