Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

He probably wants to continue to tweet because it gives him exposure and makes him feel like a "personality". And some media outlet will probably offer to pay him for baby photos, interviews, he can be a pro-surrogacy advocate, etc. so he can use his situation and criticism of Sherri to generate income. His child support money would go a lot farther if he would move out of California......

He probably wants to continue to tweet because it gives him exposure and makes him feel like a "personality". And some media outlet will probably offer to pay him for baby photos, interviews, he can be a pro-surrogacy advocate, etc. so he can use his situation and criticism of Sherri to generate income. His child support money would go a lot farther if he would move out of California......

I think you are probably right about it making him feel like a 'personality" and hoping to make some money from it, which I find disgusting and really just helps make my point that he was a golddigger looking to lock down a lifestyle and income with this baby.     But as far as a pro-surrogacy advocate, I can't think of a worse person for that position.  The surrogate not only gave birth to a baby the legal mother rejected but damn near got stuck being named a parent.  I'm not sure that situation goes into the pro column.  

• Love 5

Oh, he'll be talking about how surrogates are angels and that is how he got the son he always wanted. Not saying anyone will pay him to be an advocate, but he will be positioning himself as someone who supports surrogacy.

• Love 2

didn't RO move back to her Nyack house?  The one she loved?  I am no Whoopi fan, but maybe she means by her "I don't care", is that she cares, but doesn't want to be confronted with even more facts that confirm Cosby's (or anyone else's) misdeeds.  She does annoy me and I wish she would take her toys and go home.

• Love 1

I'm with you Roger. I am fascinated by all of the Sal hate particularly given that it's not based on any factual evidence, but mostly pure speculation and judgmental assumptions. I'm not sure where the notion came from that he tweets 'shit' or much of anything at all about the situation. He really doesn't. Mostly he tweets about his baby and his first time parent moments, miscellaneous nothings and, yes, an occasional "pray for her" on the few occasions that he responds to other people tweeting to him about Sherri.

Sherri on the other hand has been bad mouthing Sal repeatedly on social media, radio, television and print for over a year just like she did to Jeffrey's father. Of course, Jeffrey's father was factually a cheating dirt bag so I understand the impulse even if it was tacky to badmouth him publicly and repeatedly. Among other things, she has accused Sal of fraud, deception and theft publicly and in court. The court did not agree and ruled against her, so one can presume that Sherri's accusations were at best not supported by the evidence (which of course doesn't necessarily mean some of them aren't true) or at worst outright lies and/or Sherri's delusions. Apparently she has appealed that decision, so it will be interesting to see if the appeals court sides with her or smacks her down again. I suspect it'll be a smack.

By contrast I believe Sal gave one quote to People Mag last year, in which he declined any comment on the divorce, but said only, "I'm happy to be a father." About six months later he gave a couple of "tell all" interviews right after the baby was born in which he basically responded to Sherri's months of public accusations against him by saying that she has issues that she brought into the marriage that he doesn't fully understand and that he was shocked and dismayed that she was trying to abandon their baby. It seems likely that he was paid for one or both of those and, while tacky, I can't completely fault him for it because he did, after all, need money to support the baby while he waited for his teaching credentials to come through. About six months ago (?) he gave one very brief comment to Inside Edition in support of the much more extensive interview they did with the surrogate who Sherri tried to screw over. And, I think he gave a brief comment to a reporter outside of the Pennsylvania courthouse in which he simply said the whole thing was heartbreaking. Meanwhile he got recertified for his CA teaching credentials, got a job as a substitute teacher and has been caring for their child alone while Sherri has never laid eyes on her nearly 1 year old son and continues to fight to disown him.

I too didn't have a particularly high opinion of Sal when he first came into the picture, but then I didn't have a particularly high opinion of Sherri either. Even if her bank account did make her seem more attractive to him initially, that doesn't necessarily make him a scheming, long con gold digger. Frankly, it just makes him kind of human if we're being honest about the human condition. I personally find any notion that he spent some 4 years scheming to coerce Sherri against her will to marry and make a baby pretty ludicrous if for no other reason than what we know from Sherri's own mouth about how much she wanted a huzzzbin and another child and how excited she was through every step of the conception process, including the search for a drama free uterus. Hell, the two of them publicly announced on a national radio show that they'd found their surrogate. That wasn't Sal's idea. The radio show host is a friend of Sherri's and in fact she now works on that same radio show one day a week.

Despite ample evidence to the contrary, Sherri is an adult who has not only been married before but has gone through the process of making babies before. She knew exactly what she was doing and is responsible for her own choices, good or bad. She's no victim. Sal may or may not have been an uninspired schlub who was happy with the idea of being supported by his well-paid wife. For the record, he claims that was not the case and that he was not happy with Sherri's insistence that he be a househusband who should stay home with the kids while she worked. He said that it was something they conflicted over and that she didn't understand why he would still want some sort of work that was just his outside the home. He may not be everyone's or anyone's idea of great husband material, but that doesn't make him an actual bad guy as Sherri would have the world believe. Unless there is compelling evidence that we the public are simply not privy to I don't think her claim holds up and the PA court has already said as much once.

Finally, as to surrogacy in general, what Sherri is doing is potentially extremely damaging to the entire practice and could have far-reaching ramifications. What woman is going to want to sign up to be a surrogate or a donor if the intended parents can back out of the contract on a whim mid-pregnancy leaving the surrogates on the legal hook for children that aren't theirs? And so what if Sal does publicly praise and support surrogacy or even become some sort of advocate for it? Why wouldn't he sing its praises and why would it be a bad or somehow unsavory thing if he did? I don't understand those comments.

Neither of them have behaved particularly well in this, but honestly my opinion of Sal has evolved. At this point if I'm forced to choose a side, I choose the side of the innocent baby and the one adult who has, by all appearances, tried to do the right thing, stepped up to their responsibilities and by all available evidence has been a loving parent to that little boy. Sal's far from perfect, as are we all, but the evidence the public has been privy to seems to lean toward the conclusion that he is not the bad guy in this. That title belongs to Sherri who tried to return a child as if he were a pair of shoes that she changed her mind about after wearing them for six months. Sal may well be a gold digger who was hoping for some kind of big payday out of Sherri. We will likely never know for sure, but what I've seen in the past year is a father who has been fighting for what is legally and morally right for his kid.

While I don't agree that Sherri has gotten a total pass on this in the court of media and public opinion, I do believe that if the roles were reversed and she were the father and Sal the mother, Sherri would have been ripped to SHREDS for her behavior in this thing. Just my own personal observation, but I do find it interesting that by all appearances the simple fact that she's a woman claiming her man 'did her wrong' does seem to have given her a much softer landing than if she were a man trying to walk away from his child. I also find it fascinating that if a woman chooses not to have a job and to be a stay at home mom running the house, cooking the meals etc. supported by her spouse, nobody blinks, but if a man makes the identical choice he's often viewed as a lazy good for nothin'. Interesting double standards that you'd think we'd be beyond by now.

• Love 12

TribbleTrouble

thank you for that post..... It gave a great rundown of the facts as we know them up to now..... and the question at the end is one I have been asking for years now.

I hope everyone reads it and it changes some minds.

:thumbsup:

• Love 6

I never liked Sherri but thought Sal was a loser at the beginning. I changed my mind completely and think Sal is not as bad as she made him out to be. I,m disgusted with her walking away from that baby like it was another one of her many abortions.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes, the double standard I continue to see about men vs women staying home while the other works sadden me in this day and age. Men shouldn't have to worry about being judged or called "lazy" if that what works for,the family.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 4

WOW, thank you so much TribbleTrouble, that was a superb post, you are very articulate & have covered all the issues.

Sherri's so called fans must have ear plugs & blinders on.............

• Love 4

I am not a Sherri fan and I still don't think Sal is an innocent.

I would have no problem with a man staying home and taking care of the family if that is what he was actually doing. But more times then not we have read many a time were Sherri was late going to work trying to get Jeffrey to school and taking him to work with her while she was married to Sal.

Also if he wanted Sherri to be in the baby's life from the jump, then why was he demanding full custody with her just having supervised visits but still trying to make her foot all of the bills.

Yes they both went in this with their eyes wide open. Sherri is now being forced to pay child support which she should do. But it will be better for the child in the long run for her not to be forced to play mom to a kid she clearly doesn't want. Not saying she will do it but this is how child abuse can start happening.

• Love 5

"Also if he wanted Sherri to be in the baby's life from the jump, then why was he demanding full custody with her just having supervised visits but still trying to make her foot all of the bills."

Just for the sake of accuracy, Sal's initial separation filing did ask for full custody of the unborn child but it asked for "reasonable visitation" for Sherri. That's a very different thing from "supervised visits." He also asked for invalidation of the prenup agreement based on fraud, which is pretty standard given that it was Sherri's decision to end the marriage after only a few years, and that she abide by the terms of the gestational carrier agreement that she signed on to which included prenatal funds to be put into a trust for the surrogate's care, something Sherri was already contractually obligated to do.

Presumably Sal already knew or strongly suspected at that point what Sherri's plans were regarding the baby, so it's not really all that surprising to me that he would ask for full physical custody and that she not interfere (aka cause a big ugly scene) at the hospital when he took custody of the baby at the time of the birth. Based on what I've read, Sherri's filing in New Jersey a day or so later didn't mention the child at all.

Obviously there's no way to know Sal's intentions, but typically this kind of initial filing is just a formality to get the ball rolling and start the clock with the assumption that details will be negotiated and change significantly as the dissolution progresses over the next six months or more.

http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sherribb.pdf

• Love 4

I never liked Sherri but thought Sal was a loser at the beginning. I changed my mind completely and think Sal is not as bad as she made him out to be. I,m disgusted with her walking away from that baby like it was another one of her many abortions.

I wonder what Jeffrey knows about this situation.  Was he told that a new baby brother or sister was coming and now...???  I'm sure this is incredibly confusing for him.  First losing whatever father figure he had in Sal and now a baby that has magically vanished.

• Love 4

I wonder what Jeffrey knows about this situation.  Was he told that a new baby brother or sister was coming and now...???  I'm sure this is incredibly confusing for him.  First losing whatever father figure he had in Sal and now a baby that has magically vanished.

:( :( :(  If this is what happened.

(edited)

:( :( :(  If this is what happened.

Pure speculation on my part, but Sherri doesn't strike me as the type of mom who would sit Jeffery down and explain the changes to him in terms he can understand.  Hell, I'm grown and I don't completely understand.

I just see her as the type who just goes around the house cussin' Sal's name every time some reminder of him (like a payment) comes up. Jeffrey is probably confused as hell.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

Since this is Sherri we are talking about WTF knows what she did but her and Sal split when the surrogate was 4 months pregnant I think.  So one would think they told Jeffrey he was going to have a new sibling.  And I seem to recall her saying something about that somewhere.  Now what she told Jeffrey after Sal left I have no clue.  And I also wonder if Jeffrey was aware of the custody battle between his parents.  I would sincerely hope Sherri has never badmouthed Jeffrey's father or stepfather in front of him.  Nothing good ever comes from that.

Jeffrey is getting older and even if he doesn't see things about his mother online his classmates probably do and at some point Sherri is going to have to answer Jeffrey's questions. 

• Love 3

Since this is Sherri we are talking about WTF knows what she did but her and Sal split when the surrogate was 4 months pregnant I think. So one would think they told Jeffrey he was going to have a new sibling. And I seem to recall her saying something about that somewhere. Now what she told Jeffrey after Sal left I have no clue. And I also wonder if Jeffrey was aware of the custody battle between his parents. I would sincerely hope Sherri has never badmouthed Jeffrey's father or stepfather in front of him. Nothing good ever comes from that.

Jeffrey is getting older and even if he doesn't see things about his mother online his classmates probably do and at some point Sherri is going to have to answer Jeffrey's questions.

Actually, the surrogate was six months pregnant when they split, so I think we have to assume Jeffrey must've been told something about a new sibling coming soon by that point. Poor kid, who knows what he's been told. He's had a very complicated family dynamic from the moment he was born given that his father was having a baby with another woman at the same time his mother was pregnant with him. Who knows what twists the future will bring, but I can easily imagine a scenario where Sherri chooses to never have a relationship with little LJ but Jeffrey having one of some kind. Given that both Sal and Jeff Sr live in LA, I can envision a scenario where Jeffrey and LJ spend some family time together as half brothers during his visits to his dad. Even with Jeffrey's developmental difficulties, kids tend to be pretty resilient even when their parents are behaving like horses' asses. For the sake of all the kids involved I hope the adults grow up, work it out and behave themselves.

• Love 2

.. I can envision a scenario where Jeffrey and LJ spend some family time together as half brothers during his visits to his dad.

I don't think this will ever happen.  LJ is not his half-brother & I'll would be willing to bet that Sherri will not want any contact with him, in any way, shape or form.

• Love 3

I don't think this will ever happen.  LJ is not his half-brother & I'll would be willing to bet that Sherri will not want any contact with him, in any way, shape or form.

Did Sal adopt Jeffrey?  Not sure I heard on that one.  If not, I'd bet a shiny quarter Jeffrey has seen the last of Sal.  No way Sherri keeps that relationship going.

• Love 1

Did Sal adopt Jeffrey?  Not sure I heard on that one.  If not, I'd bet a shiny quarter Jeffrey has seen the last of Sal.  No way Sherri keeps that relationship going.

I'd bet more than a quarter! 

Sherri already shares Jeffery with his father in L.A. who is also the father of Jeffery's half-sibling who I think is about Jeffery's age; no way is she going to cut her time even more so Jeffery could spend time with Sal and a child she regrets.  

• Love 2

Sherri must order eyeglasses for Jeffrey by the caseload

or (more likely)  she keeps sharing the same story over and over! (in preparation for her Funny Mothers show)

https://instagram.com/p/466xXYILtS/

The picture of the glasses is a repeat. She really has no clue about those dogs. I think she just likes naming their breeds, stating how high her heels are and just sounding dopey.

• Love 2

I'd bet more than a quarter!

Sherri already shares Jeffery with his father in L.A. who is also the father of Jeffery's half-sibling who I think is about Jeffery's age; no way is she going to cut her time even more so Jeffery could spend time with Sal and a child she regrets.

I was referring to LJ having a possible future relationship with Jeffrey, not Sal and Jeffrey. I can see LJ invited to attend family holidays or events, under the supervision of Jeffrey's father without Sal if Sherri wants to be that way about it, when Jeffrey is visiting his dad. The boys share a mother (unless the PA appeals court rules otherwise). Their paths will cross one way or another. They are extended family whether Sherri likes it or not. I see no downside in facilitating a positive relationship between them, but that requires that the adults behave like...well...adults for the sake of the kids. And who knows, once all the high emotion settles down Sherri may decide she actually wants a relationship with her second son, in which case the boys will almost certainly have contact. Better to make it as positive an experience as possible, no?

• Love 1
(edited)

I was referring to LJ having a possible future relationship with Jeffrey, not Sal and Jeffrey. I can see LJ invited to attend family holidays or events, under the supervision of Jeffrey's father without Sal if Sherri wants to be that way about it, when Jeffrey is visiting his dad. The boys share a mother (unless the PA appeals court rules otherwise). Their paths will cross one way or another. They are extended family whether Sherri likes it or not. I see no downside in facilitating a positive relationship between them, but that requires that the adults behave like...well...adults for the sake of the kids. And who knows, once all the high emotion settles down Sherri may decide she actually wants a relationship with her second son, in which case the boys will almost certainly have contact. Better to make it as positive an experience as possible, no?

You make a good point Tribble,  but that would require three parents to behave like mature adults - something none of them really have a great track record of doing so far even though they are well into their 40s.  

I agree, of course, ideally the parents involved should strive to make it a positive situation for the kids (all three kids really - Jeffery, his dad's other child and Sherri's child with Sal) I just don't see that happening.  I hope I'm wrong and things really do settle down.  The whole situation is a mess. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Rosie on Ross Matthew's podcast http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=709&pid=519427 haha I know Ross can be a lot to take but Rosie is good here I think and it just shows she should return to podcasts or radio.  She talks about gay marriage and completely ignores the mention that Raven is now a co-host of The View.

Thank you for linking!  Dammit, this is the Ro I want on national tv.  I know she's been moody and cranky and a perfectionist in her endeavors, but I still love this woman and I think I'd pay for stupid Sirius to hear her daily.

• Love 6

Thank you for linking!  Dammit, this is the Ro I want on national tv.  I know she's been moody and cranky and a perfectionist in her endeavors, but I still love this woman and I think I'd pay for stupid Sirius to hear her daily.

I loved Ross talking about her before she came on (and being so surprised that she would come on his show)

• Love 3
Sherri is the legal mother so they r half brothers.

"Legally," perhaps, but not biologically.

Did Sal adopt Jeffrey?  Not sure I heard on that one.

Sal did not adopt Jeffrey...and could not, without the permission of Jeffrey's father.  Jeff Tarpley (Sherri's first ex-husband) seems like a hands-on dad who spends as much time with Jeffrey as Sherri and the court allow.  I say adoption was never in question.

• Love 1

No, Jeffrey is Sherri and Jeffrey's son. She actually had twins, but 1 died at birth.

I still know in my heart Sherri is LJ's mother since she hired, paid for, the surrogate mother and signed all the contracts.

• Love 5
For the record, he claims that was not the case and that he was not happy with Sherri's insistence that he be a househusband who should stay home with the kids while she worked. He said that it was something they conflicted over and that she didn't understand why he would still want some sort of work that was just his outside the home.

Great comments, TribbleTrouble.  I think everyone was sold a bill of goods by Niecy Nash, Sherri, and (perhaps) Sal.  Initially, Sal was a "comedy writer" when Sherri introduced him to the world.  Then he was an executive producer on Sherri's "sitcom."   Of course, there were a few years before he was a (mostly) uncredited staff writer on a 2008 series and his 2011 marriage to Sherri.  I don't think either one of them expected him to run the household and take care of Jeffrey's needs and transportation.  When he didn't get any jobs, Sherri probably assigned "chores" to him that he felt were insulting.  There's also that oversexed persona Sherri presented to the world...and Sal hinted was not true in any way.

On the child support topic, I wonder if an amount has been set.  Sherri will have more (much more?) income next season when she's some sort of rotating co-host on The View.

• Love 1

On the child support topic, I wonder if an amount has been set.  Sherri will have more (much more?) income next season when she's some sort of rotating co-host on The View.

The amount reported upthread was $4100 a month.   That sounds pretty generous to me.  IF Sal is actually working a steady teaching gig that probably doubles his salary as a teacher without without a lot of years teaching on his resume.  

• Love 2

No, Jeffrey is Sherri and Jeffrey's son. She actually had twins, but 1 died at birth.

I still know in my heart Sherri is LJ's mother since she hired, paid for, the surrogate mother and signed all the contracts.

I haven't followed Sherri's surrogate case at all.  All I know is in media, she looks like a loser.  Were there legal proceedings and is she required to pay child support?

I haven't followed Sherri's surrogate case at all. All I know is in media, she looks like a loser. Were there legal proceedings and is she required to pay child support?

Long story short, there have been legal proceedings going on for over a year in multiple jurisdictions. Sherri tried to get out of the surrogacy agreement and disown the baby claiming that Sal somehow tricked her into making a baby with him against her will all as part of some crazy years long con to get money out of her. Allegedly, among other evidence, her own words from The View and other sources were used to refute her claims and show that she was a full and willing participant in the conception of the child. The court ruled against her several months ago and ordered that she was indeed the legal mother of the child with all of the rights, responsibilities and obligations that entails. Apparently she is appealing the decision. After that their divorce became final and they reached a settlement that allegedly includes $4100 a month in child support until LJ is 13, and then $4600 a month until he's 18, with the caveat that she can continue to pursue her claims against Sal and if her appeal is successful (which is HIGHLY unlikely I think) the child support payments would cease immediately.

• Love 2

This is a video Sherri posted of Jeffrey. (You have to point around the center of the pic to make it play, just saying cause I didn't always know that, lol) Such a good mother. Always ready. https://instagram.com/p/5IoG2PoLpb/

Tarpley needs to get the child away from Sherri.  No way in hell she should be posting things like that on Instagram!

In a totally different news story, someone dyed her hair pink.  Yeesh.  http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/07/14/jenny-mccarthy-dyes-hair-hot-pink-photos/

Oh dear lord.  She looks so harsh, rode hard and put up wet.

• Love 3

Tarpley needs to get the child away from Sherri. No way in hell she should be posting things like that on Instagram!

He tried to get custody last year and lost.

Oh dear lord. She looks so harsh, rode hard and put up wet.

She really, really does. She may think it's young and hip, but ironically it makes her look older and desperate.

• Love 1

He tried to get custody last year and lost.

He should keep trying.  You know what my kids would do to me if I posted anything like that online in a public way?  I have buried my online persona so that when I even talk about them they can't be connected to me, my daughter dances and I never post anything related to her dancing that isn't hidden behind a wall for family only.  And I did talk about my kids, a lot, because though their issues are nothing like Jeffrey's they had them, and I wanted to find a community that was safe to find support.  Sherri is an irresponsible ass of a mother.

• Love 8

He should keep trying. You know what my kids would do to me if I posted anything like that online in a public way? I have buried my online persona so that when I even talk about them they can't be connected to me, my daughter dances and I never post anything related to her dancing that isn't hidden behind a wall for family only. And I did talk about my kids, a lot, because though their issues are nothing like Jeffrey's they had them, and I wanted to find a community that was safe to find support. Sherri is an irresponsible ass of a mother.

I agree that posting that video was not wise or cute or funny, but I doubt a judge would be particularly moved by it.Tarpley had a whole list of things that evidenced her poor parenting choices and a sort of benign neglect of Jeffrey by Sherri. Meanwhile Sherri accused Tarpley of being an unfit "absentee" father. The court ruled that “there has not been a material change in circumstances” and Jeffrey would remain in Sherri’s care. That sounds to me bit like the court was saying Sherri has always been a neglectful, thoughtless and self absorbed mother and Tarpley is no prize either so nothing had really changed and Jeffrey may as well stay with her. With rulings like that, I'd say Tarpley has quite a steep uphill climb to convince a judge to change the custody arrangement, pull Jeffery out of his schools etc. and move him across the country. Poor Jeffrey did not exactly win the parent lottery on either side I'm afraid.

• Love 2

Am I missing something?  What was supposed to be funny about that video of Jeffrey?  That he didn't know he needed a key to start the car and that he wanted to drive the car?  I understand parents wanting to show off their kids but that video served no purpose. 

Still shaking my head that the View thinks it's a good idea to bring Sherri back.  If her return doesn't kill the show I don't think anything will.

• Love 3