Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

He should keep trying.  You know what my kids would do to me if I posted anything like that online in a public way?  I have buried my online persona so that when I even talk about them they can't be connected to me, my daughter dances and I never post anything related to her dancing that isn't hidden behind a wall for family only.  And I did talk about my kids, a lot, because though their issues are nothing like Jeffrey's they had them, and I wanted to find a community that was safe to find support.  Sherri is an irresponsible ass of a mother.

I always find it odd when parents post videos of their kids publicly.  Having a video of your kid is one thing, why put it online where it has the potential to embarrass him later?   Jeffrey will be a teen in a few years, he will try to fit in with other kids, join clubs, play sports, date, etc.   He should be able to re-invent himself, the way teens do, and not have videos of him as a younger child, on the internet for anyone to find. 

For the record, I feel the same way about families who go on TV shows like Dr Phil and talk about their kids' behavioral issues.   Go to a therapist, a REAL one.  don't put your kids worst moments on public view. 

• Love 6

Sherri thinks she understands how to raise her developmentally challenged child but continually messes up in the worst ways & does so publicly. Poor Jeffrey deserves & needs proper, loving, understanding care not humiliation

• Love 5

Sherri thinks she understands how to raise her developmentally challenged child but continually messes up in the worst ways & does so publicly. Poor Jeffrey deserves & needs proper, loving, understanding care not humiliation

She's a comic you know. It's all so funny, to her.

• Love 4

Am I missing something? What was supposed to be funny about that video of Jeffrey? That he didn't know he needed a key to start the car and that he wanted to drive the car? I understand parents wanting to show off their kids but that video served no purpose.

Still shaking my head that the View thinks it's a good idea to bring Sherri back. If her return doesn't kill the show I don't think anything will.

You're not missing anything...or rather, maybe we both are because I don't get it either. 10 year old doesn't know how to start the car and gets frustrated when mom won't tell him. Ha ha?? I guess in Sherri's world that's supposed to be a cute and funny parenting moment? I didn't see anything particularly cute or funny about it. Just another example of her publicly embarrassing her developmentally challenged kid. Sigh.

• Love 7
(edited)

If I were the parent of a child that I shared custody with the other parent, I would put in our custody agreement that neither party could share pictures, video or information about the child. I think this will eventually be a thing.

ETA: If I shared custody with Sherri, I would absolutely stop her from talking about him on national television.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 7

Long story short, there have been legal proceedings going on for over a year in multiple jurisdictions. Sherri tried to get out of the surrogacy agreement and disown the baby claiming that Sal somehow tricked her into making a baby with him against her will all as part of some crazy years long con to get money out of her. Allegedly, among other evidence, her own words from The View and other sources were used to refute her claims and show that she was a full and willing participant in the conception of the child. The court ruled against her several months ago and ordered that she was indeed the legal mother of the child with all of the rights, responsibilities and obligations that entails. Apparently she is appealing the decision. After that their divorce became final and they reached a settlement that allegedly includes $4100 a month in child support until LJ is 13, and then $4600 a month until he's 18, with the caveat that she can continue to pursue her claims against Sal and if her appeal is successful (which is HIGHLY unlikely I think) the child support payments would cease immediately.

Thanks, TribbleTrouble, for posting this recap of the situation.  Wow.  That is amazing that she tried to ditch the kid and now is obliged to pay child support etc.  This seems to be very bad PR and I cannot imagine why the View would want her back.  Maybe they can talk about it on the show.

• Love 4
(edited)

Still shaking my head that the View thinks it's a good idea to bring Sherri back.  If her return doesn't kill the show I don't think anything will.

The Spew, like a cockroach will survive a nuclear blast.    It's apparently indestructible.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Run Jeffrey! Run!

The post with the video:

sherrieshepherd Jeffrey decided he needed to get away from it all but realized he can't drive! No license for a 10 yr old

She thinks that's funny, I think it's sad. Get a clue Sherri.

• Love 4

I wonder if jumping in the car to "get away from it all" is something Jeffrey observes with his mother on a regular basis...and maybe with the stepfather he had for a couple of years.

The tweets after the car video are of Sherri wanting/ needing to get away and take time for herself. She is apparently making plans for Puerto Rico

Wonder if Jeffrey overheard discussion (or vents) of her plans

• Love 3

The post with the video:

sherrieshepherd Jeffrey decided he needed to get away from it all but realized he can't drive! No license for a 10 yr old

She thinks that's funny, I think it's sad. Get a clue Sherri.

When the time comes he will get away from it all.... and probably quickly and for good

• Love 2

I hope for Jeffrey's sake that she does have the same nanny and he has some consistency and routine in his life. I give her credit for hustling and taking all kinds of work to pay the bills, but Sheerie's work schedule is anything but routine.

• Love 2
(edited)

Seems to me that Sherri will do anything to not be home...and often isn't. Then complains in a joking way how difficult it is when she is. Except - it is harmful and not funny.

Then tweets constantly how much she misses Jeffrey.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6
(edited)

Sherri needed  a medical procedure on her ear 

Jeffrey takes on role of parent

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  6h6 hours ago
Was crying because the pain in my ear was so bad and Jeffrey says “Mommy don’t cry because I don’t know what to do. You are a big girl ok?”

Poor Jeffrey

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

If that were the only type of thing that Sherri tweeted about Jeffrey, I don't think I'd have such a problem with being inappropriate, that's a very sweet tweet.  It's just on the line, but it is something we all know, kids are at a loss when their parents start crying.

• Love 3

Sherri's been good at shutting down her dumb Bill Cosby supporting followers. When Sherri Shepherd has the moral high ground and is talking sense, you know her followers coming at her for calling Cosby a rapist are wrong.

She really did didn't she, and for an extended period of time. I have to say, it's pretty freaking unnerving to find myself reading tweets by Sherri Shepherd of all people and thinking "Yes, exactly. Well said!" Suddenly my world feels all tilty and wrong.....

• Love 8

She really did didn't she, and for an extended period of time. I have to say, it's pretty freaking unnerving to find myself reading tweets by Sherri Shepherd of all people and thinking "Yes, exactly. Well said!" Suddenly my world feels all tilty and wrong.....

Yup! And meanwhile Jeffrey is "screaming" because  he's hungry. Screaming seems to be a thing in that house.

• Love 2

Yeah, Sherri was dong stand-up comedy for a time.   Others who have done stand-up have  said that Cosby's reputation was well-known in comedy circles.  I have difficulty thinking that Sherri's opinion is based on what she's READ, I think she had heard about Cosby, possibly been warned about him, some time ago.   OR she knows it first-hand.

She's shutting down people on Twitter who are saying "you go to a man's hotel room, what do you expect will happen?" 

Which, if you think about it, is the kind of comment you would expect from the Sherri that we saw on The View.  But instead, she's arguing the other side - with multiple tweets, over a span of hours.  This seems to be an issue she is passionate about, and it makes me wonder  -WHY?

• Love 3

She's shutting down people on Twitter who are saying "you go to a man's hotel room, what do you expect will happen?"

Which, if you think about it, is the kind of comment you would expect from the Sherri that we saw on The View.  But instead, she's arguing the other side - with multiple tweets, over a span of hours.  This seems to be an issue she is passionate about, and it makes me wonder  -WHY?

I'm cynical enough to believe Sherri just wants to be on the right side of this.  She saw what happened to Whoopi and I think she wants to avoid that.  Not to say she doesn't feel the way she says she feels but I always look at her suspiciously when she has an opinion that is the same as mine.  LOL

• Love 3

Girl ... you so not know of what you speak. Take it from one who was young & dumb and would've gone into a hotelrm

So Sherri admits to being dumb when she was young...............what about now???

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm cynical enough to believe Sherri just wants to be on the right side of this. She saw what happened to Whoopi and I think she wants to avoid that. Not to say she doesn't feel the way she says she feels but I always look at her suspiciously when she has an opinion that is the same as mine. LOL

I always look at her suspiciously when she has an opinion, but it's usually because I'm thinking "she can't really be that dumb, can she?"

She also defended Whoopi with some gag worthy BS about W just having such a big heart, but I guess I can't really blame her for not wanting to throw W under the bus, especially if there's a possibility that Sherri might be returning to the show.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 3

Sherri is way too passionate and coherent about the rape topic for it to be something she's just saying to gain brownie points IMO.  Rape is common and Cosby was a prolific serial rapist, I wouldn't be surprised if she knows someone who crossed that creep's path.

• Love 5

Sherri is way too passionate and coherent about the rape topic for it to be something she's just saying to gain brownie points IMO.  Rape is common and Cosby was a prolific serial rapist, I wouldn't be surprised if she knows someone who crossed that creep's path.

Or, she found someone to tweet for her.  Nah, Sherri seems too cheap to hire a publicist - or at least a good one.   

• Love 3

Elisabeth instagramed a pic of her wearing her old McCain t-shirt and said he was a hero, haha.  I love that The Donald is now dividing the Republicans.

You mean the "AmeriCAIN"  shirt or whatever it was that she designed?   

I remember wondering if she was trying to get a job designing logos for the GOP. 

• Love 3

You mean the "AmeriCAIN" shirt or whatever it was that she designed?

I remember wondering if she was trying to get a job designing logos for the GOP.

You mean her "Great AmeriMcCain Hero" t-shirt? As I recall she got in some hot water for wearing that on air. McCain's website actually did try to sell them for like $30 as "as seen on The View collectors items." *eyeroll* I suspect they didn't exactly fly off the shelves and were no doubt sent by the caseload to someplace in Africa where T-shirts with dead logos usually end up to clothe the poor.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sherri went to the movies with Bone Hampton to see Trainwreck

There was a problem with the movie (able to hear parts of it- but nothing was shown on the screen)

Sherri shared the adventure on Periscope (If you hate folks that videotape vertically- it will drive you crazy)

(I'm not sure if the problem ever was resolved- I didn't watch for too long)

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aH6-SzUxNTEwNTN8NDQzODA0NzfCN-p3cGoBK9RugxQR-sMmi7S9wyB1L3QXqcToJ2lbQg==

ETA- Now she is doing a live Periscope video as her plane has some weather related delay..(a new venue for her stories!)

Feeling sorry for her plane seatmate

(and for Jeffrey as she is sharing too much information!)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just read that in 3 years there will be an over the counter cure for Celiacs disease, so soon Elisabeth will have to start pretending she has a different disease that stops her from eating.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 15

Sherri truly is unbelievable, all the "hands on" with male guests on the View & the constant rubbing up against male guests she eventually termed "twerking" & she calls guys creepy watching girls in pool. Two faced much Ms Sherri??? Alright when she acts disgusting!

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd Aug 1

@the hotel pool w Jeffrey & my nieces... teen girls w bikinis also in the pool -two older men who have no kids just sitting watching #creepy

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 2

I'd bet that the majority of hotel guests are men traveling alone.  What a horror if one or more of them wants to use the pool!   Perhaps some national hotel association should ask Sherri to be their spokesperson.  We'll stop all those males from using our pools!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 12m12 minutes ago 

In courtroom as potential juror- car accident & the plaintiff is an Asian lady. The Judge just called up all the potential Asian jurors #huh

Is she trying to be funny?  Sherri needs to just stop tweeting.

• Love 1

In courtroom as potential juror- car accident & the plaintiff is an Asian lady. The Judge just called up all the potential Asian jurors #huh

This feels like the time when it was trending on Twitter to post a picture of your voter's ballot.  Its seems like common sense isn't to common.

• Love 2

What is wrong with her??   You can't tweet about jury duty!   Ok, it's been a while since I've had it, but I remember strict instructions about not talking about any details outside of the court.   

• Love 4

What is wrong with her??   You can't tweet about jury duty!   Ok, it's been a while since I've had it, but I remember strict instructions about not talking about any details outside of the court.   

Correct.

• Love 1

I was on a jury last year, we were instructed to talk about absolutely nothing we saw / heard and not to chat on the internet about any details at all She could/should be charged..............

Wonder if she learned anything after reading this tweet:

@SherriEShepherd maybe u were dismissed for tweeting about what was happening in the selection. Good strategy!

• Love 3

IIRC the "No communications about the jury process" instruction comes even while the selection process is occurring, in case you are selected to serve.

If she was describing the litigants, she was seated in the jury box. She's an idiot.

• Love 2