Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Lord Of The Manor

• Start Topic

LOL, it was because Kyle/Bethenny and Kristen/Brandi are close friends and it was Kyle verses Brandi on BH and now it is Bethenny verses Kristen on NY.  There could be some connection/influence from the BH HWs to their respective NY HW friends that has had an impact on how the 2 NY HW react to each other. LOL

I get that, but I don't think it should be on the Firstlook thread. Maybe the mods could create a thread for BHNY connections? I quit watching BH after seeing Brandi's evening wear tampons.

• Love 3

We will just have to agree to disgree.

Kyle's name might have not been linked up the same way as the Faye and the Kardashians. But rumor has it she and Kim went to many OJ trial parties too. Again you are the company that you keep.

JMO.

So do you think the friends of the victims went to parties supporting OJ?  I am being sincere it is a tough rap to put on someone they supported OJ after they murdered their friend.  Granted Robert Kardashian represented OJ but I don't think what an ex-husband does with his career should be reflected on his ex-wife or her friend. .   I agree it was totally tasteless for Kathy Hilton to host parties for the prosecution or the defense during the trial out of morbid curiosity.  I don't  think Faye or the Jenners were courting the defense and attending parties.   I think the information was cobbled into a paragraph which would lead a reader to believe it happened.  Here is the quote from the book:  https://books.google.com/books?id=6pd84XvouoQC&pg=PT105&lpg=PT105&dq=kathy+hilton+oj+simpson+parties&source=bl&ots=FQaVRssVvf&sig=tmi-keSeUjFc1u_BbGA4omd9BmM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Mu2GVf7fA4TnoATd3oj4CQ&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=kathy%20hilton%20oj%20simpson%20parties&f=false  It is poorly written talking about parties at Kathy Hilton's, parlaying into OJ Simpson trial.  I really don't think Marcia Clark and Robert Shapiro were ever at the parties at the same time.  Since Faye and Kato Kaelin were proposed witnesses  attorneys whether they be the defense or the prosecution would be barred from attending an event where witnesses would be.  Ever get the opinion either the teller of the tale may be a bit a truth twister or the writer of the book?  I noticed Mr. Jackson didn't claim to be at the OJ Trial parties when the prosecution players were there just when the defense players were there.

This discussion has strayed from the Hilton connection was essentially about Bethenny name dropping.  At least Bethenny had the decency to keep OJ trial participants out of her name drop.

Yep, we've strayed pretty far from the point of the first look thread.  If you want to discuss BH housewives, go to BH.  Discussion of the friendships and similarities between housewives can be taken to one of the housewife-specific threads. If you want to discuss OJ, maybe find a crime forum? I don't think it's really relevant here, unless the OJ situation is directly brought up on the show.

Thanks!

• Love 5

I finally got a chance to watch the First Look -- during the Betheny/Kristin "conversation" I was silently screaming WALK AWAY KRISTIN! WALK AWAY!  Oy, it was painful and I wanted to punch Sonja in the throat because the B/K convo would never have happened if she didn't jump right onto them ugh.

I love Dorinda more and more every episode; Sonja was quite the bitch between the "for the masses, not the classes", that weird energy she and Ramona have together (they were like a couple of pre-teens with the guy at the bar) and her nastiness towards Kristin; and where the heck has Carole been?  

Oh, I'm looking foward to Tuesday - please don't let me down this week ladies!

• Love 8

Or it could be in reference to Carole dating Adam the chef.

I'm so ready for the "Bethenny in crisis" storyline to be over, so bring on the Twitter wars.

• Love 6

"Cyanide? Doesn't that kill you?" Oh Ramona! That was funny.

But using her hands breaking up Sonja and the guy she was flirting with? I found it awkward on a few levels. Just sayin'.

Bethenny calling out Kristens sourpuss face is a laugh! Bethenny has a bitch face of her own.

I thought Luann's clothes looked cheap. I don't identify with Sonja's statement that they are for masses not classes though. I just think they are a little more Mrs. Roper than Sag Harbor. The clothing on those cold white mannequins made them look dead and cheap.

I died when Dorinda asked where Sonjas dresses were!!!

• Love 6

Like she's Jesus (Andy's chosen one) and they are begging for Glory (Camera time)

Blech.

Um-hm.  Bethenny is a 'ho on the stroll, just like everyone else.  She is no better.  She is no better than anyone at all.

All these inferior castmates are supposed to 'bug' her like she bitchily 'bugs' everyone else (only she does it in her chickenshit behind the back way, in TH's and retconned blogs and WWHL appearances to sob about her life while being so bwave and not sobbing about it.) 

Kristen doesn't deserve Beth's shit.  She didn't do a fucking thing to her.  Asking calmly about some bullshit Ramona started shouldn't break down poor vulnerable can't provide a single home for her girl Bethenny.  And please, I am being facetious about the last part: people divorce and deal with custody all the time.  All the damn time.  Let's please not pretend that we oblige coworkers to deal with our grueling divorce battles in the same manner that we ourselves deal with that, eh?  That our burden is at the same intensity for a new work acquaintance who just wants to know what the eff is up?

Trooper York, love your take on Sonja and Ramona and their snobbery.  I know you've said you're a Brooklynite forever and ever.  ITA.  They are.  They are the worst kind of person around here.  So quick to look down their noses when they are total stupid shits who don't even have great style themselves.  Come at me when you develop an allergy to pooch-hugging satin and have a little more of a critical eye with your musty bejweled swimwear, dolls.

• Love 20

"Cyanide? Doesn't that kill you?" Oh Ramona! That was funny.

But using her hands breaking up Sonja and the guy she was flirting with? I found it awkward on a few levels. Just sayin'.

Bethenny calling out Kristens sourpuss face is a laugh! Bethenny has a bitch face of her own.

I thought Luann's clothes looked cheap. I don't identify with Sonja's statement that they are for masses not classes though. I just think they are a little more Mrs. Roper than Sag Harbor. The clothing on those cold white mannequins made them look dead and cheap.

I died when Dorinda asked where Sonjas dresses were!!!

I had wondered why Bethy says Kristen has a farbisseneh punim (sour face) and it made me wonder how one can read a face as being sour when all the HW's are so into the brow Botox treatments.  Even Kristen cannot furrow her brows to make a sour face.  I googled and came up with an article in Huff Post and the studies cited in the article surprised me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vanessa-van-edwards/how-botox-numbs-your-face_b_3714621.html

A quote:

"The conclusion: When you can't make the face, you have trouble understanding it.

This means that people who have received botox are going to have a harder time reading the people around them."

Another article discusses the ability of Botox on parenting:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/20/living/botox-moms/

A quote:

"At the root of the experiment, says psychologist and co-author of the study David Neal, is the notion that we read a person's emotions partly by mimicking their facial expressions.

Inject some good 'ol Clostridium botulinum, and Neal says you likely "subtly impair your ability to mimic other people's facial expressions.""

An article about Botox and depression/facial expressions :

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/can-botox-cure-your-depression-facial-paralysis-emotions-feeling-84227

This one was interesting as I have long heard that just the act of smiling can bring on a postive reaction in the brain so, I wondered, could not a frown bring on negative reactions.

Might Bethy (or any other HW) actually not be able to read Kristen's (or any HW's) face, really because they become numb to facial expressions.

Google is our friend lol

• Love 6

Apologies in advance wirewrap...I was trying to reply to your quote and I somehow ended up on your profile page...what the heck?

Kristen is really good friends with Brandi G?

Has she sent out any support tweets to Brandi about her not returning to BH for the next season?

lol happens to me, also.

No worries about me being a stalker.  Stalking takes time and effort and I am just too lazy!

• Love 4

I had wondered why Bethy says Kristen has a farbisseneh punim (sour face) and it made me wonder how one can read a face as being sour when all the HW's are so into the brow Botox treatments.  Even Kristen cannot furrow her brows to make a sour face.  I googled and came up with an article in Huff Post and the studies cited in the article surprised me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vanessa-van-edwards/how-botox-numbs-your-face_b_3714621.html

A quote:

"The conclusion: When you can't make the face, you have trouble understanding it.

This means that people who have received botox are going to have a harder time reading the people around them."

Another article discusses the ability of Botox on parenting:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/20/living/botox-moms/

A quote:

"At the root of the experiment, says psychologist and co-author of the study David Neal, is the notion that we read a person's emotions partly by mimicking their facial expressions.

Inject some good 'ol Clostridium botulinum, and Neal says you likely "subtly impair your ability to mimic other people's facial expressions.""

An article about Botox and depression/facial expressions :

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/can-botox-cure-your-depression-facial-paralysis-emotions-feeling-84227

This one was interesting as I have long heard that just the act of smiling can bring on a postive reaction in the brain so, I wondered, could not a frown bring on negative reactions.

Might Bethy (or any other HW) actually not be able to read Kristen's (or any HW's) face, really because they become numb to facial expressions.

Google is our friend lol

The reason Kristen has a farbisseneh punim all the time.

She went to the UES face spa to get Botox

While being injected, Kristen has twirlie birds floating in her noggins, when out of nowhere she realized the word BOX is in botox.

So she jumped up and screamed OH NO! NOT A BOX,.....wah, wah, wah....leaving the spa with the needle sticking out of her face and her face now botox frozen in farbisseneh punim form.

• Love 1
LuAnn hosts a launch party, but drama peaks when Kristen and Bethenny have another showdown. Later, the ladies journey to Turks and Caicos. The fun in the sun turns shady and dark when accusations fly about Sonja, leading to a fiery confrontation.

lol happens to me, also.

No worries about me being a stalker.  Stalking takes time and effort and I am just too lazy!

I'm new to this site...so I've been clicking all over the place...mostly by accident...sometimes impatiently waiting for the screen to refresh.

I clicked the arrow on the upper right hand side of a post...it takes you back to the post responded to...It's like an arrow back button.

I amazed myself - LOL....where's my parade for this discovery.

• Love 7

The reason Kristen has a farbisseneh punim all the time.

She went to the UES face spa to get Botox

While being injected, Kristen has twirlie birds floating in her noggins, when out of nowhere she realized the word BOX is in botox.

So she jumped up and screamed OH NO! NOT A BOX,.....wah, wah, wah....leaving the spa with the needle sticking out of her face and her face now botox frozen in farbisseneh punim form.

LOL  wabbit!

I snorted!  Woke up the dog and , I swear, he gave me a farbisseneh punim!  

I'm new to this site...so I've been clicking all over the place...mostly by accident...sometimes impatiently waiting for the screen to refresh.

I clicked the arrow on the upper right hand side of a post...it takes you back to the post responded to...It's like an arrow back button.

I amazed myself - LOL....where's my parade for this discovery.

How about an Aviva Banner? lol

YAY, Wabbit!  

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL  wabbit!

I snorted!  Woke up the dog and , I swear, he gave me a farbisseneh punim!  

How about an Aviva Banner? lol

YAY, Wabbit!  

Poor dog...SOL

Can I have a T&C Pirate Flag from the souvenir shop?

In one of the clips, they show Sonja on one level with Bethenny...and Ramona screaming to Sonja to come down to a room on the ground floor. Then Ramona says she and Sonja always share a room.

Ramona why?

Do you really want to be in the same room when Sonja brings home anonymous Luanne Leftovers?

Does anyone believe that Ramona will get her groove back in T&C?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6

Poor dog...SOL

Can I have a T&C Pirate Flag from the souvenir shop?

In one of the clips, they show Sonja on one level with Bethenny...and Ramona screaming to Sonja to come down to a room on the ground floor. Then Ramona says she and Sonja always share a room.

Ramona why?

Do you really want to be in the same room when Sonja brings home anonymous Luanne Leftovers?

Does anyone believe that Ramona will get her groove back in T&C?

lol

Gotta have had groove to git it back, yanno  ;)

• Love 2

lol

Gotta have had groove to git it back, yanno  ;)

Ramona likes to TRY to project herself as being ladylike and proper.

Even if she schtupps all of the T&C male inhabitants/tourists...I don't think she would want any footage of that.

I read somewhere...Heather gets mad at Luanne because there is a naked man in their T&C house. The article said it was Ramona who brought the guy there and that Luanne is getting the blame. Not sure if I believe that

• Love 3

Even if she schtupps all of the T&C male inhabitants/tourists...I don't think she would want any footage of that.

I read somewhere...Heather gets mad at Luanne because there is a naked man in their T&C house. The article said it was Ramona who brought the guy there and that Luanne is getting the blame. Not sure if I believe that

I can certainly imagine Ramona being the one responsible for bringing the guy, and letting Lu take the blame for it. That is pretty much what she does. Also interesting that this is something Lu called her out on earlier in the season. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I can certainly imagine Ramona being the one responsible for bringing the guy, and letting Lu take the blame for it. That is pretty much what she does. Also interesting that this is something Lu called her out on earlier in the season. 

I find myself entertained by the cattiness amongst the ladies...sometimes I think they may comment on something in a current episode but the antagonism is left over from a previous season.

i.e. Ramona telling Kristen she is dumb and then telling her she is insensitive. I don't think it had much to do with her and Bethenny going through a tough divorce as much as it is the glass in the face issue. Ramona telling Bethenny in the nail salon that Kristen has a hard on for her is really Ramona still has a hard on for Kristen.

Same with Lu bringing up Mario being on match.com...she was chomping at the bit to somehow put it on screen..but this is really about how Luanne didn't like the past comments Ramona made about her swinging life style or Victoria's wild years

If Ramona brought the guy home...and is letting Luanne take the blame..which really is her MO...how do you think they've (Bravo) been able to suppress this info from leaking out?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

In the season 7 trailer I think Lu mentions 2 men (gasp!) and "we" so it might be a couple of guys brought back by Lu and ??  Pirates of the Turks and Caicos (new Disney ride or new Lu ride?)   I think it is in the infamous cool, not uncool segment.  No backdoors were mentioned  in the trailer. ;)  ROFS not!  lol

• Love 2

In the season 7 trailer I think Lu mentions 2 men (gasp!) and "we" so it might be a couple of guys brought back by Lu and ??  Pirates of the Turks and Caicos (new Disney ride or new Lu ride?)   I think it is in the infamous cool, not uncool segment.  No backdoors were mentioned  in the trailer. ;)  ROFS not!  lol

T&C doesn't mean Tushies and Cabooses?

• Love 3

When Bethenny first enters LuAnn's party and starts talking to Sonja and Kristin, what is sticking out of Bethenny's head? Is that something to hold an extension in?

Bethenny has no right to accuse anyone else of displaying symptoms of Tourette's.

I like the philosophy behind LuAnn's line, but it does have a slight Mrs. Roper feel to it. Some of those patterns are not something LuAnn would wear.

Loved Dorinda for telling Ramona that yelling at Kristin made Ramona look bad, not Kristin.

Loved Kristin joking that Bethenny didn't even know that Kristin had been there and Heather's huge laugh in response.

• Love 10

Tuesday Night on WWHL Andy announced Luanne will debut her new song

"Girl Code"

I'm thinking this is in reference to what happenned in T&C.

I guess Heather breaks girl code

Another song from Lu???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Another song from Lu???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Yup.....she will perform it tonight on WWHL

Andy had the nerve to say the song has a Nile Rodgers flavor - the only thing Nile Rodgers has to do with it is Andy hopes the viewing audience won't Freak Out when they hear it

A first look from E Online

http://www.eonline.com/videos/237032/luann-de-lesseps-sings-new-song-girl-code

Edited by KungFuBunny

Yup.....she will perform it tonight on WWHL

Andy had the nerve to say the song has a Nile Rodgers flavor - the only thing Nile Rodgers has to do with it is Andy hopes the viewing audience won't Freak Out when they hear it

A first look from E Online

http://www.eonline.com/videos/237032/luann-de-lesseps-sings-new-song-girl-code

SOL !

Am I wrong  or isn't the subtitle of every housewife show "Breaking the Girl Code"?  lol

• Love 2

SOL !

Am I wrong  or isn't the subtitle of every housewife show "Breaking the Girl Code"?  lol

Yes Crikey:

Like there is a code of honor amongst them...ROFS!

List of Housewife Code:

1) Who do I throw under the bus today?

2) Whose secret can I reveal today so that the focus of my crap goes off the radar to another housewife...divert divert

WWCP reference Luanne and Kristen shoe store scene

Ben - I found it odd that Kristen asked the store clerk to take photos. Is Luanne that bad with technology that Kristen couldn't ask her to take them on the camera phone?

Ronnie - well we've seen Luanne use Technology in her songs....enough said Darling

SOL

• Love 1
And Ramona is an ass.

She is -- no doubt about that.  But I remember my mom doing the same thing on family vacays, to make a big stink about getting the best room available, with the best location & best views possible.  And you know something?  Both mom & Moaner were right.  A great room in the best location can make a vacay so much more enjoyable.

I can't believe Bethenny & nasty ole Lu making fun of Moaner in a bikini.  The meanness of those 2 is nuts.  And unfounded.  The woman is 58 years old & she looks pretty fuckin' incredible.  What are these 2 nasty assholes laughing at her & why are they laughing at anyone?  Nasty, nasty, nasty.

• Love 14

If there's ever a Real Housewives museum, I hope Ramona's roller ends up there.

I'm annoyed that Bethenny spent too much time talking to Sonja about bullshit and probably let that good ass looking food get cold.

• Love 19

No kidding, Zadalmo. Why doesn't Ramona unpack herself if she's going to stand there micromanaging? Does she really want an unknown man touching her dainties?

archer, I love you, I giggled. Lol. Girl this doesn't bother me nearly as much as the entitlement.  What?  this guy lives to be your personal butler? She doesn't even know his fucking name.  How'd she get her shit into the suitcase?  I can't.

• Love 18

Well that was way too much screaming and fighting for me! At least Bethenny didn't cry on this episode.

Agree about Bethenny bring a hypocrite. She did the same thing Heather tried to do to her. I don't think you can fix Sonja.

Moaner looks good for her age in the bikini. I have to agree with Lulu and B. About losing the hooker shoes though.

• Love 12

This vacation has all the makings of an epic shit show. I am loving it.

However, I *will* say that these bitches do not have an attitude of gratitude. Most of us will never be able to stay in a place that beautiful in our lives and they don't seem to appreciate it. And the poor staff ... ay yi yi ...

• Love 20
(edited)

Agree about Bethenny bring a hypocrite. She did the same thing Heather tried to do to her. I don't think you can fix Sonja.

I don't think it's the same, Sonja was upset. What was Heather trying to fix? Bethenny was not upset and didn't need help not eating a meatball. Sonja, it seems, is drinking like a fucking fish, trying to bed anyone and everyone in sight, and making a drunken, sloppy mess out of herself on the regular. That needs fixing.

I will give Sonja credit, she did hang on to the damn house. For better or worse!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 17

Weren't Ramona's hooker shoes Carole's? I found that funny.

I'm guessing Carole might have caught the Countess on camera doing something, hence the "she broke girl code" mantra going around the internet right now.

If you're going to argue like that do it in privacy. I didn't mind the girls interrupting the fight in that instance. They were in the middle of the kitchen during dinner service having a fairly animated argument. Move it elsewhere or shut up.

Ramona is bat shit. I hate how she puts her hands up to her head and starts rocking back and forth when she gets "stressed". Like she's about to start convulsing over someone else's argument. Dude! Smoke a bowl or something. Chill. Don't be all like, uncool! I really hate how they all oblige her. I've been a huge Bethenny disser here but I'd be acting even more straight up bitch about the room assignments than she was. Who died and made you God? Fuck off Moaner! Hence, I'm not a Housewife. I couldn't play along as well as some of these ladies do.

• Love 19

Wait -- did we see the end of the Sonja/B convo?  What horseshit.  Looks like B got nowhere with her.  So is this B's style?  To yell & scream at people?  That's how she expects to routinely communicate & make a point?  Yeah, real effective.  Fuck, the woman skeers the shit outta me.

Bottom line is Sonja is absolutely going thru a rough time & clearly must still be.  It was the hottest, humidest, most disgusting day of the year today here in NYC & yeah, she had all of her windows open.  Sheesh, if she had her windows open today, my guess is she's full of shit about finally being OK financially.  In any case, their comments on her drinking is none of their business.  It's pretty clear she's acting unstable, but approaching her about it is still not their business.  None of 'em.  Bethenny seems to think she's the expert about everything, eh?  Meh.

She's giving Heather business advice on areas she knows nothing about & when she knows little about Heather's business itself?  OK then.

OK, no crying from Bethenny, but this show sure does feel like The Bethenny Show now, doesn't it?  Everything, everything, everything revolves ALL around Bethenny, with a little bit of Moaner mixed in.  Everyone else is mostly lost in the sauce.  Wow.  Guess it pays for Satan Andy to luv ya, luv ya, luv ya.  Well, it pays a million bucks worth anyways.

• Love 23

Eww Ramona must been drinking a lot since she and Mario's split. Why was in a two piece. That gut was too out there. And that ugly fishnet dress and she had no bra of any kind.

Personally I think Bethenny is fighting a losing battle with Sonja. Sonja deflected all in her confessional and put it on Beth with their argument. Something tells me these are the type of arguments Beth had with her mother.

Thats why she's so dedicated.

Gosh Sonja is a bit more sweeter than Kim Richards but holy shits next week is going to be nuts.

AND UH OH BETHENNY CRIES NEXT WEEK.

• Love 7