Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

Kids are my hot button. I don't doubt it's a hot button for Beth and Heather, too. I haven't seen the episode yet but I am taking everyone at their word that Heather didn't take issue with Bethenny leaving T&C early. She's the mother of a struggling child, too. I don't care for Heather but she's not a monster. I can't imagine why she'd care.

Last night someone nipped me because I made a comment about how awful it is to compare children's struggles. I used sarcasm and it was misunderstood. Sarcasm is a thing, yo. If you know me even a little, if you read any of my posts, I'm 100% child advocate. Your kids, my kids. You might not like me but I looove your kids.

I understand what you are saying and I know I sometimes have trouble recognizing "sarcasm" in others posts, especially if it is late at night. We need a symbol to show sarcasm for those of us that have trouble seeing it. I need a "Sarcasm for Dummies" button, I admit it! LOL

• Love 3

I understand what you are saying and I know I sometimes have trouble recognizing "sarcasm" in others posts, especially if it is late at night. We need a symbol to show sarcasm for those of us that have trouble seeing it. I need a "Sarcasm for Dummies" button, I admit it! LOL

lol

For sarcasm, I just exaggerate and add in stuff that never happened ......wait....ut, oh!  Maybe Ramoaner is not douchy, maybe  she is just being sarcastic!  (see how that works?)  ;)

• Love 3
The housewives get caviar. and Skinny Girl Sea Salt Kale Chips!

Yeah, well, when I was on line at Marshall's, everyone in front of me made just-smelled-poop faces at the truckload of bags of SG peanut butter & sea salt cookies.  Ew, couldn't blame 'em.  I did too.

• Love 1
I understand what you are saying and I know I sometimes have trouble recognizing "sarcasm" in others posts, especially if it is late at night. We need a symbol to show sarcasm for those of us that have trouble seeing it. I need a "Sarcasm for Dummies" button, I admit it! LOL

I am a VERY sarcastic person, and I know I can be hard to read online. So I was employing a lot of "winky" faces on social media, hoping people would know I was teasing. Then a male friend told me it was making me look like a huge flirt, so I stopped. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So what was it -- the 400th time Carole has mentioned Bethenny is tightly wound?  Carole only made up the sex dream crapola to give her a laugh & try to "chill her".  I mean, who is more laid back than Carole?  She even stresses in her tagline this season, work is not a priority for her.  But Bethenny emphasizes defensively in her latest Bravo blog -- her intensity & her relentless drive is who she is.  And that's true.  It absolutely is.  And yet Carole seems bugged by her intensity.  Really bugged by it.  We're supposed to believe these 2, who are such opposites, are good buds?  I can see it for a short time, but not for the long haul.  No way.

Moaner is right about Bethenny.  She ultimately drives everyone away from her.  And Carole keeps saying over & over & over she's bugged about the personality trait that's at the core of Bethenny.  Her intensity.  Which is the exact opposite of the way Carole is at this point in her life.  Sometimes opposite types can mesh & become tight friends.  I'm not seeing that happening here.

So why has Bethenny chosen Carole, among everyone in this group, to become a "friend" to -- or whatever friendship Bethenny is willing to deign to anyone in this group?  Precisely because Carole is so laidback, and I bet Bethenny secretly wishes she could be that way, but knows she never in a zillion years could be.  And I also think the name-dropping fame-ho in Bethenny luvs, luvs, luvs Carole's Kennedy connections (just as Satan Andy does) & likes being around that.

Ultimately, I don't think these 2 will stay friends.  I'm curious if the friction between Heather & Bethenny continues cuz Carole made it pretty clear she's not thrilled about hearing digs on Heather.  And Bethenny acknowledged she knows Heather is her best friend, so she's gotta know this & Carole must have made it clear to her particularly.  Guess we'll see.  I suspect, between B's constant digs on Heather & her non-stop tightly wound shit, Carole will flee from Bethenny -- despite Satan Andy begging & pleading & trying to force Carole to be her friend.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

There was a number of Skinny Girl items at my Grocery Store but they're gone now. 

I thought Bethenny arranged the cup cake outting for her ongoing image rehab. It's been reported that she keeps Brynn on a strict diet. So I felt like she was trying to act like she was "just another Mom" by taking Brynn to decorate cupcakes with her friends. Yeah right. That girl's going to have a hell of a time if she ever gains weight and ruins the Skinny Girl brand. I fear what Bethenny will do as Brynn grows and her clothes are baggy on her. I wonder if she'll tweet those pics too.

• Love 8

All I can hope for is that Bethenny gets a little bit of self-awareness, should she watch the episodes.

If she feels she's been mis-represented or given a bad edit, then she should first take it up with Andy and then correct the perception on the reunion episodes.

If she hasn't been mis-represented or given a bad edit, then she should own it and make no apologies to anyone for anything. 

The last option won't win her any friends or influence people, but she is not about to win an award for most lovable housewife anyway and I don't think that's what she wants.

I truly hope she will watch the episodes though.  

• Love 1

Actually, I just pressed the quote button and this is what appeared. Unless provoked, I have absolutely no reason for intentionally slighting someone on this forum.

I didn't feel slighted. I just found it odd that you quoted my post but not the part where I had already volunteered an answer to the question you posed.

I didn't feel slighted. I just found it odd that you quoted my post but not the part where I had already volunteered an answer to the question you posed.

I think it may have happened because you edited your initial post and not because anyone tried to leave something out of your post. It has happened to me both when I edit my post and when I quote someone else's post after they edit it. LOL

(edited)

I didn't care for Bethenny's "hos & bros" comment.  I know, I know, it's supposed to be funny.  Er, except it's got the stink of misogyny running all thru it, so I bet Satan Andy luved it to pieces.  Me?  Not so much.  I could see Bethenny's asshole over-aged frat-boy boyfriend (you know, the one she never mentions, while continuing to imply she's single & will always remain so) thinking this way.  In fact, I'm sure that's where she got this vile expression from.  

So was Moaner being deliberate in her not understanding the comment & making Bethenny dissect & explain it so much that it couldn't be seen as funny in the least anymore?  I don't give Moaner too much credit for being so deliberately clever, but I'm glad she did that, whether she meant to or not.  Cuz it effectively extinguished the stench from this nasty misogynist crap.

Can't help yourself, eh, Satan Andy?  Always have to inject your misogynist shit into the show, right?  Yeah, I know Bethenny said it, but Satan Andy directed the edit monkeys to leave it in, so he gets full blame from me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
There was a number of Skinny Girl items at my Grocery Store but they're gone now.

Hmmm, did they sell or were they thrown away or given to the homeless?  They probably didn't want it either.

Is sea salt the latest trendy thing in food?  Just went to my nearby breakfast joint & all they had was sea salt.  So I put that on my eggs & nearly gagged.  Blech, it was horrible!  Really -- who in the fuckety fuck would want sea salt in a cookie?   Makes me wonder how SG is doing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think Heather's child's condition is life threatening, but I do think he is at risk for permanent hearing loss, or becoming deaf. At least that is what I understand.

Being on immune suppressors is serious business. My son is on them. He ended up in the hospital for a week because of impetigo. Craziness. Then he nearly died because of chicken pox. He cannot get vaccinations. It is really scary having a child on immune suppressors.

Edited by MollyBrown
  • Love 11

Hmmm, did they sell or were they thrown away or given to the homeless? They probably didn't want it either.

Is sea salt the latest trendy thing in food? Just went to my nearby breakfast joint & all they had was sea salt. So I put that on my eggs & nearly gagged. Blech, it was horrible! Really -- who in the fuckety fuck would want sea salt in a cookie? Makes me wonder how SG is doing.

I love sea salt! It's so salty! Much more so than table salt. Some claim it's healthier but it's not. That's probably why Bethenny used it, but the customers wised up.

• Love 4

I thought she went on to handle Bethenny getting upset pretty well, choosing to not get too involved and then trying to be upbeat saying what a good time they were going to have. I was so glad she acted the way I would have wanted my friend to act in that situation, because I really want to like Heather. Up until this season she was pretty much my favorite, and I need to like at least one of these women to be able to watch the show.

I thought Heather handled it really well too and it reminded me of why I like her so much. She took it in and moved right along.

I love sea salt too, especially when sprinkled in with something sweet like chocolate. Yummy.

• Love 10
(edited)

I found this episode seriously boring. I looked at the clock thinking it had to be over soon, but there was still 25 minutes left. How can they make New York City so boring? Cupcakes and pedicures? Seriously?

If it were not for the brief appearance by Carson Kressley the entire hour would have been a total waste.

The whole Sonja discussion made me queasy. Nothing about it was at all entertaining. If I want to watch a housewife go careening off the rails abusing alcohol, I will tune in to Beverly Hills.

And I couldn't give less of a damn about Bethenny needing to leave the trip early. Why does anyone care? If she needs to go home early, so what? Let her. I would think they would be glad to not have to deal with her emotions. And it would mean more screen time for the rest of them. Jeez, I am so sick of every one of them talking about her and having problems with her. Don't they have anything else to worry about?

When I saw Carson on the HW show I couldn't help but think back to Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Loved that show...wish Bravo would show repeats.

You can find some on Youtube but sometimes the quality isn't so good.

What I can't figure out is why we didn't see the footage of the night that Sonja, Ramona, Lu, Dorinda & John all went out. Sonja must've been totally shit-faced, maybe TPTB are showing her mercy? Either that or they'll show it later.

LOL...I don't think they have any (mercy that is) since the storyline for Sonja this year is being an out of control hot mess.

Wonder how much lipstick Luanne had on her chin and neck that night with Sonja slobbering all over her and did she have Snatch Guard duty again. Also wonder who got Sonja home.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3

I thought Carole's 'Trouble' shirt was cute.

ITA. We have two other people in the cast with young children and they have repeatedly changed their plans to accommodate Bethenny. Frankly, I don't blame them if they are sick of doing it. Bethenny does get special treatment and she knows it. The other cast members don't and when they say anything to Bethenny, she melts down and then they look like assholes. Heather is just as successful as Bethenny so I'm sure she has business and personal obligations that are a pain to reschedule, and yet, she does it.

Now it's true that a group of women would need to rearrange or arrange certain details around a trip in general but add the fact that one person has been the designated person to work around meaning that everyone else has to make it work while one person gets to avoid extra planning or workarounds? Bad set up to begin with.  So these women are adjusting and working stuff out based on particular dates they have no say in only to find out that at least one of those forced dates isn't even a factor because Beth will be leaving early now anyway?  That's fucked up cause maybe whatever plans they put into place would have worked out better or had been easier to arrange had the end date not been what was originally set? What if the finagling of certain plans or arrangements had a lot to do with the end part of the trip and what if the new date Beth is leaving on would have been a whole lot easier for the others and their coordinated efforts but they didn't because they had the original dates that had to be adhered to. 

My thing is, it isn't only about caring about Beth's schedule. It's about imposing specific dates on these women to begin with, forcing them to work around Beth, and then Beth not even participating completely. Also, it's about Beth being rude and unprofessional. I hate when people think that when "something comes up" that's a legit reason to break commitments, ready made plans, and schedules. Beth, it's called telling whoever is trying to insert themselves in the middle of an already planned day or week that you're not free, you're not available. That's how schedules work. I don't go scheduling someone on my boss's calendar in a slot where he's already committed to something.  It's a simple "sorry he's not available, what other times would be good?" scenario. Learn it!

I think a lot has to do with Beth making one commitment but feeling like she can blow things off if something better comes along. Her daughter is not a "surprise" or "something's come up" situation. Her custody arrangement should be pretty regimented so she can't be blaming her daughter for this one which it doesn't seem like she's doing. Sounds like she's got something else "going on". That's just all kinds of selfish, rude and petty. Disregarding other people's time and effort is never a good look and NOT okay. Just sayin'!

• Love 16

What a fun scene at Park Side. I can see my girlfriends and I playing the "How many looks did I get?" game. LOL, when B got one look and you can hear her complain, "That's bullshit."

Do they realize that the men might be looking at them for a number of reasons other than "wow, she's attractive" ?

• Love 6

I find it hard to believe that these trips come up all of a sudden as they are portrayed.    Even so,   if you can't go you can't go.

B is beginning to make me think that the melt-down every time she is invited somewhere is due to her disappointment that she can't go and not because it suggests a moment away from her daughter.  Is she being paid by the hour??  

"Sorry, Bryn's got a dance recital that week".  "Sorry, that's my week with Bryn"  .  Enough said!   Are you trying to make everyone look bad by feigning that you need to have a break down and a panic attack and say stuff like "take this anyway you want" in order to be excused?   You just (over and over) assume they don't understand??     You seem to be the only one who really cares if you go anyway Bethenny and I'm beginning to wonder why..

So Carol, your life is so cool and laid back  (boring) lately that you have been relegated to shit-stirrer?  You're not even bright enough to go in a little sideways on it like Ramona does.    :Please don't attempt to write a mystery or a suspense novel.

I will never get over how "Skinny Girl" anything ever got to market, just with the name alone. From what everyone is reporting it sounds like it's heading for the dollar store.  That;s a lot of shelf space.   

• Love 9
(edited)

I wonder if Heather has always had such a strong need to fix or if it was heightened with her son's illness.

I think many humans like helping others but not to the extent of trying to fix others.

We can likely understand a person's behavior by what has happened/is happening in their lives.  

For example, Bethy is so _________ (fill in the blank) because of her childhood. 

Maybe Heather goes overboard in the fixing department because she deals with her son's illness on a daily basis and, to me, she seems like a take charge person , not being able to fix her son's illness must chew up her heart.

Doesn't give her a pass in trying to fix other folks, just me wondering about her behavior.

I do like how she doesn't seem to try getting a free pass for her behavior by blaming her behavior on her pain over her son's illness.

You and I both laughed at the Watch What Crappens Podcast.

They did ask a question we both have on our minds....Heather is a fixer....what has she "fixed"

When Heather offered Bethenny a meatball..which was refused and then answered with  "then you get nothing:"

What was she trying to fix....Bethenny's hunger? Bethenny already had 3 edamame pods which is 2 over her normal 1 blueberry meal....she was full.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2

This idea that Heather and Kristen should have no issues with scheduling conflicts due to Bethenny because they are married and have access to their kids whereas Bethenny doesn't is absurd. Reading between the lines, it seems they should feel guilty for their marital success and have no ground to question the divorcee about anything simply because she is divorced. The hypocrisy and entitlement of this sentiment makes me dislike Bethenny when I started out being neutral about her.

Bethenny's failures is not their fault and the inconveniences that goes along with those failure  should not be their burden to bare. If they are being made to feel either, they sure as hell should be able to speak up without feeling like unfeeling bitches.

It should be repeated that neither Heather or Kristen have made a big fuss over this inconvenience. However, you wouldn't know that given how Bethenny reacts when it is brought up. Or Ramona did last night.

AWESOME!

• Love 6

ITA. I commented on this a while back, but I can't remember the topic. I suspected that connection might be related to how Bethenny approaches or interacts with Kristin. It's hard for me to believe Kristin & Brandi were buddies because their personalities, style of dress, manners are very different, but they were friends in their younger, modeling days. I would be apprehensive about having to work with a friend of Brandis!

It's weird though because first episode Beth seemed to pursue friendship with the new girls and not Ramona, but circumstances have changed.

I found sometimes the topic of discussions here get heated because some posters take the comments to heart? Sometimes they take offense because they take them personally?? Not sure. I remember saying I thought it was icky for 50 year old women to hit on 20 something's. (Example: Sonja & Derrick). I would feel the same about Mario if he hit on someone Averys age. I feel this way because I have 23, 22 and 19 year old kids. It's an Ick factor FOR ME that I voiced. It's just my OPINION. Feel free to discuss and disagree, that's why we are here. However, I felt some of the responses to my post were very mean spirited towards me as a person...a person you don't know. Like, how dare I say such things!! I disagree and may try to make a point as to why I disagree, but I think I have refrained from attacking others. Once, I got sarcastic in another thread, but that was after someone took issue with my opinion. I prefer to use my sarcasm snark ability on the housewives where it belongs, which is what I think makes this board really fun. Can't we all just get along?! Sarah Winchester reminds us, "Is this the kind of world we are living in?"

You mentioned Bethennys hair mop. I happen to think it looks pretty. We have different opinions, what's the big deal. That was your opinion and its your right to make that comment whether I agreed with it or not. Plus, sometime I and we may change our mind. One minute I hate Bethenny and the next, I love her. Same with Ramona Coaster. I fear when Theresa Guidici comes back on NJ!

I think I said this earlier on the first looks thread before the show aired. When they showed the clip of Bethenny walking away and crying...I thought her hair looked fab...I'm sure that wasn't just her hair but not sure what is is at this point...were those clip ins? I don't think those were extensions.

• Love 1

Maybe I heard wrong but...when Ro walked in to the nail salon she said "I am glad you ordered me eggs," um, first off, it was a nail salon and secondly I never saw that B had any eggs for Ro.  Did I imagine that?

You didn't imagine it...she did say it...if she ate them it was probably edited out.

At the place I go to there are multiple delis/stores nearby that deliver. I've seen women order food and eat while getting pedicures.

I've never done it myself cause I don't find it appetizing to eat while smelling nail polish and acetone

• Love 3

Heather probably feels the need to.comfort bethanny due to.bethanny wearing kid pjs..and is rightfully confused when.bethanny turns down comfort...and then throws tantrums like a four year old...

• Love 8

You and I both laughed at the Watch What Crappens Podcast.

They did ask a question we both have on our minds....Heather is a fixer....what has she "fixed"

When Heather offered Bethenny a meatball..which was refused and then answered with  "then you get nothing:"

What was she trying to fix....Bethenny's hunger? Bethenny already had 3 edamame pods which is 2 over her normal 1 blueberry meal....she was full.

LOL

Pishhh, 3 pods counts as an appetizer, entree and dessert.

I don't mean to imply she is good at fixing. lol

• Love 1

Do they realize that the men might be looking at them for a number of reasons other than "wow, she's attractive" ?

The guy who looked at all 3 thought bubble....is this my waitress, I need a refill on my drink

• Love 10

Sonja, take note: LuAnn summed up her clothing collection quite nicely in one paragraph in this week's blog:

I design clothing for real women that are chic-made-easy and affordable, and I just celebrated my one-year anniversary of The Countess Collection with Evine.com! My collection can take you from work to play with the kids, and then straight to a dinner party. The pieces are meant to go seamlessly from day to night and all are made right here in NYC (and cost below $60). You’ll see me wear my collection throughout the entire season. Look for my new signature statement jewelry collection this fall. For more on my new collection, go here.

Nothing fancy, no press releases, no vague "business associates." Straight to the point. Good for her!

• Love 15
(edited)
I love sea salt! It's so salty! Much more so than table salt. Some claim it's healthier but it's not. That's probably why Bethenny used it, but the customers wised up.

Man, Marshall's could sure use you!  They got hundreds of bags of SkinnyGirl sea salt cookies, piled up high as the sky & it looks like they're untouched & unsold.

I think your description of sea salt is pretty accurate.  It tastes like salt overload.  Too much for me.  So it's actually not healthy at all?  Oy, good move, B.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Sonja, take note: LuAnn summed up her clothing collection quite nicely in one paragraph in this week's blog:

I design clothing for real women that are chic-made-easy and affordable, and I just celebrated my one-year anniversary of The Countess Collection with Evine.com! My collection can take you from work to play with the kids, and then straight to a dinner party. The pieces are meant to go seamlessly from day to night and all are made right here in NYC (and cost below $60). You’ll see me wear my collection throughout the entire season. Look for my new signature statement jewelry collection this fall. For more on my new collection, go here.

Nothing fancy, no press releases, no vague "business associates." Straight to the point. Good for her!

That bolded part is what particularly impresses me.  I wonder how many other Housewife businesses can make the same claim.  Good for LuAnn.

• Love 13

Man, Marshall's could sure use you! They got hundreds of bags of SkinnyGirl sea salt cookies, piled up high as the sky & it looks like they're untouched & unsold.

I think your description of sea salt is pretty accurate. It tastes like salt overload. Too much for me. So it's actually not healthy at all? Oy, good move, B.

Nah, I'll pass. I don't want to be that skinny. It's not any unhealthy than regular salt but just tastes saltier. And if you limit salt, like I do, it just tastes better because you've deprived yourself. So yeah, not a good move on Bethenny's part.

Sonja should load up on the Sea Salt stuff when she runs out of guys with a Black American Express Card. She can be like Piper with Ramen noodle flavor packets on "Orange is the New Black."

(Two obscure jokes for the price of one)

So what was it -- the 400th time Carole has mentioned Bethenny is tightly wound?  Carole only made up the sex dream crapola to give her a laugh & try to "chill her".  I mean, who is more laid back than Carole?  She even stresses in her tagline this season, work is not a priority for her.  But Bethenny emphasizes defensively in her latest Bravo -- her intensity & her relentless drive is who she is.  And that's true.  It absolutely is.  And yet Carole seems bugged by her intensity.  Really bugged by it.  We're supposed to believe these 2, who are such opposites, are good buds?  I can see it for a short time, but not for the long haul.  No way

[snip]

Well it ain't that difficult to remain chill and blow off work when you smoke bowls of weed on the regular.

The only way these two end up as good buds is if they share bud, otherwise they're just friendly in socially and for work.

• Love 5

I think it may have happened because you edited your initial post and not because anyone tried to leave something out of your post. It has happened to me both when I edit my post and when I quote someone else's post after they edit it. LOL

C'est possible. We're all good, BookElitist. 

These women choose to believe what they want to believe--especially the matron of Grey Gardens herself, Lady Morgan.

• Love 1

When I saw Carson on the HW show I couldn't help but think back to Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Loved that show...wish Bravo would show repeats.

You can find some on Youtube but sometimes the quality isn't so good.

I loved that show too!

The scene of them moving the mannequins provided a welcomed respite from all the drama. 

• Love 1

I loved that show too!

The scene of them moving the mannequins provided a welcomed respite from all the drama. 

I think one of my favorite scenes from QEFTSG was when Tom the interior designer was talking to the guy who needed help...he saw his couch/sofa and said we are getting rid of that. I think it causes scoliosis

Luanne was super slick getting the guys to move her mannequins.

Before Luanne, I had never heard of EVine...did you know NBC used to own it?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think one of my favorite scenes from QEFTSG was when Tom the interior designer was talking to the guy who needed help...he saw his couch/sofa and said we are getting rid of that. I think it causes scoliosis

Luanne was super slick getting the guys to move her mannequins.

Before Luanne, I had never heard of EVine...did you know NBC used to own it?

I never heard of Evine or knew it was once owned by NBC until someone posted about Heather and Terry from the OC hawking their skincare line on it.  I happened to catch them on it too.  Their skincare line is mostly biotin which is the main ingredient in the Hair, Skin and Nails supplements that are so popular now.  I'm going to try and catch LuAnn's segment one of these days.  I'd like to see it but it's not high on my list.   LOL

Re:  Queer Eye.........the earlier shows were way more fun than the later ones when they tried too hard to branch out into serious decorating.  I think my favorite show was about a fireman.....not sure though.  It was a long time ago.

ETA:  I thought LuAnn looked great and did a good job showing her line.  She's a very attractive woman.......more so than any of the others IMHO.   I don't think Kristen is all that "pretty."  She has great features which is important for a model.  "Pretty" to me is much softer look.

Edited by AnnA

Thank God you said this.  I am a divorced woman and a working mom.  I resent the statement that any woman should have to stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of her child. The best thing for a child IMO is to see her parents living productive, whole and fulfilled lives.  Putting your happiness on the back of your child is dangerous.  Giving up your own possible fulfillment in order to do "what is best for your child" leads to resentment on your part and a sense of responsibility on the child's that is wholly unfair.

We don't have to like any of these women and while I enjoy Bethenny on the show, I don't disagree with other folks' reasons for not liking her/her inclusion in the show, but I don't think there's any call for cruelty.  Things like (and I'm paraphrasing), "Well, that's what she gets for divorcing" and "Her kid doesn't want her" are beyond the pale, y'all.

Lord have mercy, the way I worded that was beyond the pale. I am divorced with children myself. I apologize to anyone I offended.

• Love 6

I never heard of Evine or knew it was once owned by NBC until someone posted about Heather and Terry from the OC hawking their skincare line on it.  I happened to catch them on it too.  Their skincare line is mostly biotin which is the main ingredient in the Hair, Skin and Nails supplements that are so popular now.  I'm going to try and catch LuAnn's segment one of these days.  I'd like to see it but it's not high on my list.   LOL

Re:  Queer Eye.........the earlier shows were way more fun than the later ones when they tried too hard to branch out into serious decorating.  I think my favorite show was about a fireman.....not sure though.  It was a long time ago.

ETA:  I thought LuAnn looked great and did a good job showing her line.  She's a very attractive woman.......more so than any of the others IMHO.   I don't think Kristen is all that "pretty."  She has great features which is important for a model.  "Pretty" to me is much softer look.

I predict a year from now...besides biotin, their skincare will also contain Collette Sparkling Wine...they're gonna have to find some use for those unsold cases.

Luanne is striking..and her look is very versatile. I do think she will do well on both her clothing and jewelry line...well at least to make some cake. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Apparently, Sonja has indeed finally settled her bankruptcy case.  A judge signed off on what she owed.  So she does have 10 mil plus in assets?  Er, huh???  Something doesn't compute.  There is definitely stuff goin' on here we don't know about.  This also includes the bankruptcy docs.

http://www.eonline.com/news/667905/real-housewives-of-new-york-star-sonja-morgan-s-bankruptcy-nightmare-over-9-million-later-it-feels-great

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Apparently, Sonja has indeed finally settled her bankruptcy case.  A judge signed off on what she owed.  So she does have 10 mil plus in assets?  Er, huh???  Something doesn't compute.  There is definitely stuff goin' on here we don't know about.  This also includes the bankruptcy docs.

http://www.eonline.com/news/667905/real-housewives-of-new-york-star-sonja-morgan-s-bankruptcy-nightmare-over-9-million-later-it-feels-great

I think this means that the BK Judge signed off on the rest of her BK but she still has to pay the $9 million for the failed movie. It looks like that money will come from the sale of 2 homes but it might not happen as quickly as she thinks, her ex husband is suing her for part of that money last I read/heard, he has/had 50% ownership of the Colorado property. The documents were from when she filed BK but they do not contain any of the more recent numbers/amounts or the final court ruling.

I have to laugh, Sonja is still clinging to the BS story about Travolta making unreasonable demands and that is why she could not do/afford to produce the film. A few years ago, there was an article where the Film Company came out with their story/truth and according to them, Sonja never, ever had the money she claimed she did in the bank when she approached them about producing the film. She signed the contract, they hired all the crew members needed to film, secured locations...ect, ect and then Sonja bailed on them leaving the studio high and dry and still having to pay everyone because these people were under contract with them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks for posting that link ScoobieDoobs.  I'm happy for Sonja.  I don't think she has a mean bone in her body but she is pretty messed up.  Maybe finally settling her financial mess will help her get it together.

The article says she's hoping to go into "home goods and appliances" down the road.   Based on what we've seen of her townhouse, I'm not so sure that's a good idea.    She would have to compete with Martha Stewart on the home goods.  Maybe her "appliance" line would include the four vacuum cleaners she has for spare parts.   LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Apparently, Sonja has indeed finally settled her bankruptcy case.  A judge signed off on what she owed.  So she does have 10 mil plus in assets?  Er, huh???  Something doesn't compute.

I wonder if Sonja finally got Old Man Morgan to cough up more money. I notice she’s not trash-talking her ex the way she has in previous seasons, when she talked about suing him, getting her settlement.

Yes, it could be a stretch, but if it DID happen, I’m not surprised that Sonja would rather pretend that it’s because of her business acumen – not her ex finally throwing the mother of his daughter some crumbs - that she was able to resolve this.

Now I feel like an asshole for disliking Heather so much her first season. I feel like an even bigger asshole for only starting to like her when I saw her need to want to fix just one thing for him (his hearing).

I think I am just going to watch the show and skip the threads from now on. With this kind of heavy shit going on, I will always feel like an asshole for snarking on any of these women. They all have too much personal shit going on to make the show easy to make fun of for me.

Stay on MatildaMoody! You can still chat here with us. You can post on the positives! Be a cheerleader, nothing wrong with that.

• Love 7
(edited)
I read this entire thread before watching the episode the only thing Kristen says to Bethanny before she runs off and "cries" (because it didn't appear that any moisture left her eyes) is "we just heard that the dates might need to be changed" in a completely neutral voice and looks like "okay why was this brought up when Bethanny says it's not an issue". They then all kept saying to Beth when she was getting not hysterics "no, no,no" in way that seemed to be supportive as in that's not how it was intended Kristen is even the one who.suggests to Lu that she go check on her and both Kristen and Heather acknowledge that either one of them going after her would be a bad idea. No one other than Romana gave a Damon about Bethanny' s schedule.

I watched again (don't hold it against me!). LuAnn is the one who raised the topic to Kristen who replies gleefully that the seven of them will have fun. Ro relates it to Heather, who states she won't be able to go if they change the dates, but not in a hateful way. When Beth makes her dramatic Sonja-style entrance, Kristen mentions she heard Beth can't make the dates. The first response we're shown is Beth replying, "That's nine days away from my daughter ..." The close captioning says "voice breaking." Then she runs. It's possible that they all attacked her at length and it wasn't shown. Otherwise, she needs professional help ASAP.

The other interesting thing is that even thought Ramona brought her Pinot, Beth gave her a Skinny Bitch cocktail, saying "It's spicy! The spice is in the bottle." No one's getting away from her without some Skinny Girl merch!

As far as Ramona not understanding "bros before hos," she's always come off very naïve about sayings and sexuality issues. Which is odd to me, but apparently a "Ramona" thing.

Also, regarding giving the cupcakes to the doorman, I didn't see it as a class issue. It's a none-of-them-eat issue, IMO. Especially Ramona, who's on a fitness kick/divorce diet right now.

ETA: G'wan LuAnn with your bad self! Kadooz to her on her clothing line!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 5
(edited)

I watched again (don't hold it against me!)......................[snip]

....................... Kristen mentions she heard Beth can't make the dates. The first response we're shown is Beth replying, "That's nine days away from my daughter ..." 

Almost but not quite.  I just checked to see if my memory was failing me....again.   LOL

If you watch it again, you'll see that Kristen says she "heard the dates need to be changed."

Bethenny's immediate response was "The dates don’t need to be changed."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

And as she was explaining why, she broke down. While her custody schedule may be set and the trip set, she had no control over the recital setting, did she? And she didn't specify about the nine days. We can't assume that was "trip with her b/f"; it may well have been that J was taking Bryn away.

And she didn't specify about the nine days. We can't assume that was "trip with her b/f"; it may well have been that J was taking Bryn away.

This is one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to seeing the epi.  This thing Beth says about 21 days, I'm not clear on.  If she had to take the T&C trip with the HW for 5 days, and didn't come home early (thus missing her weekend with Bryn), then it's Jason's week + his weekend (that's 9 days) and then had to leave for a trip right before Jason and Bryn got home, I guess I can see how it would add up to  21 days.

I don't begrudge her the tears for thinking how bad that would be at all. But I'm also in agreement with a lot of you that she has the ability to let some things go.

• Love 3

Well, I didn't assume it that the time away the following week was for a boyfriend.  I didn't even think of that.  I thought it more likely for some other business promotion she was doing.  If it was Jason taking Bryn away, wouldn't she 'trade' that?  So, if they agreed Jason could have Bryn a few days more, he would have to return those days.

I also don't have that much of problem with Beth returning early for a recital.  I don't think it was ever specified what kind of recital it was and it could have been something that was announced after the trip was already planned. 

I think the problem here is that Ro made a mountain out of a molehill.  Ro comes in blasting at Lu's party about Kris asking about the dates to Beth and that she shouldn't have done that because Beth is in such a fragile state.  Heck, Ro, why did you bring it up when you knew Beth was walking in the door at the photo shoot?   It reminds me of the Berkshires when Ro introduces the Kris dancing with John subject and Dorinda walks in and Ro just sits there and lets Kris get all the blame from Dorinda.

• Love 7