Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

On 6/7/2017 at 0:09 AM, tofutan said:

Has really nobody made jokes about how they add a muslim character and then she's named Isis? And presumably gets her powers from a polytheistic deity? 

Nope.  We left that particular low-hanging fruit all for you...

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/7/2017 at 0:09 AM, tofutan said:

Has really nobody made jokes about how they add a muslim character and then she's named Isis? 

There was a discussion of that over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread in the Arrow forums.  It's funny, I didn't make the connection until someone pointed it out, probably since I've know about the Egyptian Isis connection for a lot longer than the extremist group.  There's a good argument on both sides on if to keep using Isis or not.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

^^ Thanks for the link! AD is such a talented guy I suppose we're lucky to get what we can of him on LOT.

You're welcome. Yeah, he's my second fave. So I'm glad he's coming back.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://www.tvinsider.com/258661/comic-con-2017-television-panels-list-tv-shows/

4:10–4:50 PM DC’s Legends of Tomorrow  — After crash landing the Waverider in a version of 2017 Los Angeles where dinosaurs roam the streets and the skyline is adorned with London’s iconic Big Ben clock tower, the Legends were quick to realize that “we broke time.” Last year, the loveable band of misfit heroes traveled throughout the timeline fixing a series of Aberrations. This year, they’ll be turning the crazy up to 11, as a wave of Anachronisms turns History on its head, leaving the Legends responsible for piecing it back together. What is an Anachronism you ask? For the answer to that, and many other questions, join cast members Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and producers at their annual Comic-Con panel. From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s season premiere airs Tuesday, October 10, at 9/8c on The CW. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season is available now on Digital and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on August 15. Become a fan of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWLegendsofTomorrow, and follow the show on Twitter at @TheCW_Legends.  Ballroom 20

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

Scheduling announced for the 4-show crossover; Arrow is on Monday night to accommodate.  They're promising a "true 4-show crossover," in that it will really start on Supergirl and not just be 2 minutes at the end.

• Love 1

If you don't DVR, but do have internet access, use OnDemand or the network sites.  Lucifer (and other FOX shows) will be on Hulu; the CW shows will be on Netflix (if you already have either of these), and the network sites do provide them (sometimes 8 days later, sometimes requiring that you login in to your cable service.

The only programs I have ever had a problem finding online immediately after broadcast were Deadliest Catch (not this year though) and The Mentalist, which apparently had a strange ownership thing, and for about a year wasn't on the CBS site.

Even soap operas are made available online and on demand.

As for the CW four show crossover event, I absolutely am watching that online, probably in one night.  And this time apparently I have to watch all of Supergirl as well.

The CW shows only go up on Netflix 8 days after the end of the season.  They don't offer in-season viewing.  You can watch via the CW website or app, however, and at least as of right now they don't require a log in.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

The CW shows only go up on Netflix 8 days after the end of the season.  They don't offer in-season viewing.  You can watch via the CW website or app, however, and at least as of right now they don't require a log in.

That's cool to know.  My cable service is kind of obscure and isn't listed as an available log-in.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

That may have changed; the CW shows were on Hulu in 8 days (I think), but contracts changed all around so Netflix might do it as the season proceeds.

No they don't.  I have a Netflix account, and they only go up after the end of the season.

On 8/4/2017 at 8:03 PM, Starfish35 said:

You can watch the CW show as of *midnight the night it airs on the app and yeah, no login required.  

* I think it actually goes up before midnight on the West Coast. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

You can watch the CW show as of *midnight the night it airs on the app and yeah, no login required.  

* I think it actually goes up before midnight on the West Coast. 

Yeah I live in the Mountain Time Zone and it goes up around 11:15 pm for me.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Victor Garber stayed with the show this long. I think that's another reason they introduced the daughter, either to give him a reason to leave or have her be the new half of Firestorm. Plus I'm all for having more women to even out the team. We have Sara and Amaya as fighters, the new girl as the hacker and Lily would replace her father as the scientist. I also think Amaya will be leaving after this season.

It would be interesting for Jax to get used to a new voice in his head. 

Originally this show was going to be an anthology with new characters every season. They decided to mostly keep the same cast and the actors can leave when they want allowing them to bring in new characters that way. It works better then bringing in an entire new cast. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Originally this show was going to be an anthology with new characters every season.

Was it? I know a lot of fans speculated that, but I guess I missed where they confirmed it.

I will be sad to lose VG whether permanently or temporarily, but I could deal if it meant they brought in Lily.  I really liked her, and more women on the team is always a plus.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Was it? I know a lot of fans speculated that, but I guess I missed where they confirmed it.

I will be sad to lose VG whether permanently or temporarily, but I could deal if it meant they brought in Lily.  I really liked her, and more women on the team is always a plus.

My thoughts exactly.  I've been a fan of VG since Alias (Jack Bristow is still one of my favorite characters) and I'd hate to lose him.  But the idea of Lily replacing him (if they are even considering that) as the other half of Firestorm would be intriguing.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No, Legends was never confirmed to be an anthology. It's just what people assumed. TPTB always said their  would be some cast changes every season but never anything as drastic as a whole new crew.

I don't see Lily replacing Martin. If Martin leaves I think it'll be for her so they can be together in present day. I wouldn't be surprised if Jax leaves as well. I can see some configuration of Martin, Jax, Nate, and Amaya leaving this season.

• Love 1

If Garber is truly leaving, who's gonna fill in as the wise old elder of the Waverider? At 47, Purcell's a little young for that. (Although the thought of Mick thrust into that role is hilarious.)

I don't see any reason why Drameh has to leave, though. Unless they plan to make Firestorm reoccuring on The Flash, of course. But Jax could have a meaty storyline on Legends with trying to cope as a "normal" after being a metahuman of sorts.

• Love 2

If FD doesn't want to leave I'm sure they will find a way for him to stay on the team. 

With Lily she's an adult she may want to go on the adventure of time travel and to maybe have a chance to be a super hero. Lily seemed to be liked by the audience so it would make sense to have her join the team on her father's place. She has Martin's DNA they can just magic science her to have what she needs to become Firestorm. 

54 minutes ago, Proteus said:

No, Legends was never confirmed to be an anthology. It's just what people assumed. TPTB always said their  would be some cast changes every season but never anything as drastic as a whole new crew.

Thanks.  That's what I thought but I thought maybe I missed something.

As of right now, Martin needs Jax to survive.  That was the whole reason for finding Jax in the first place - Martin was dying without Ronnie Raymond.  So for Jax to stay, they either have to kill Martin off or somehow write something happening that makes it so he no longer has the Firestorm matrix and no longer needs Jax to stabilize it.  

Or they could have him somehow be lost or taken or maybe just a vacation for the last few episodes and then he comes back once his other commitments are over.

Should we be discussing this in the Spoilers thread?

Yes, I remember seeing that article, but in that article they were using "anthology" in the sense of telling a different story every season (which they're doing), not getting a whole new cast every season.  Klemmer even alludes to that when he says "I mean not as anthological as ‘True Detective.'". The idea that they would get a whole new cast every season was always a fan assumption.

Further discussion about what may happen to the show/characters in light of Garber's Broadway gig can be taken to either of our speculation threads.  If you want your discussion to include spoilers, head here.  If you want it to be free of any hint of spoilers, head here

Thanks

• Love 2

Episode description for 301:

“Aruba-Con” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME — When the Legends realize that they broke the timeline, Rip Hunter (guest star Arthur Darvill) arrives with his new organization – the Time Bureau – to relieve them of duty.  The Legends are thrilled to get a chance to put the team back together but a new threat arises when Rory (Dominic Purcell) spots Julius Caesar (guest star Simon Merrells) in Aruba.  Sara (Caity Lotz), Nate (Nick Zano) and Ray (Brandon Routh) devise a plan to steal the Waverider back from the Time Bureau in order to try and stop Julius Caesar from conquering the modern world. Victor Garber, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Franz Drameh also star. Rob Seidenglanz directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim (#301).  Original airdate 10/10/2017.

By the way, if anyone has a source for these other than SpoilerTV, could you let me know what it is?  I really dislike SpoilerTV because I find the site very hard to navigate on mobile, but I don't know of another site that publishes these. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2017 at 1:04 AM, Starfish35 said:

By the way, if anyone has a source for these other than SpoilerTV, could you let me know what it is?  I really dislike SpoilerTV because I find the site very hard to navigate on mobile, but I don't know of another site that publishes these. 

The Futon Critic; but I couldn't tell you how well it works on mobile.

• Love 1

Press Release for #302:

“Freakshow” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
IT’S ALWAYS A CIRCUS — The Legends find themselves in 1870 to fix the anachronism which happens to be at P.T. Barnum’s fledgling circus. However, Nate (Nick Zano) and Ray (Brandon Routh) accidently free a saber toothed tiger, creating a bigger problem.  Meanwhile, P.T. Barnum (guest star Billy Zane) is on the hunt to capture Nate and Ray to make his show even more exciting for the crowd.  Caity Lotz, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Victor Garber, Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star.  Keith Tancharoen directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Grainne Godfree (#302).  Original airdate 10/17/2017.

• Love 2