Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

How happy did that shot of Cold make me, you ask? Really, really, really, really happy! I don't know if it's an old shot or a new one, but I'll take it! I liked the look at Vixen, and Sara's moment was kickass. (Also loved the Flash stuff.) 

Wouldn't call Jax one of LoT's top characters screentime- or popularity-wise (not to mention his writing), but at least they're trying (I'd prefer they tried with writing though).

I did love the promo, like I said on Arrow forum. So much better than last year's. And of course, seeing Sara be so prominent was all kinds of awesome.

• Love 1

I think those three are the only ones with actual superhero costumes, that's why there were in it. Rip and Mick just wear jackets.

I liked this one better than last years. It's nice to know that Cisco and Felicity created a danger room for them. 

• Love 1

I agree, also Rip and Mick aren't as flashy when it comes to fighting, gun and flamethrower are not as visually interesting as Sara's martial arts, Firestorm's powers, and Atom's suit.

I liked it, it's a cute promo.

(I am sad about the lack of Vixen, because it would have been neat to see her in action.  But I think she's one of those characters that they're trying to keep mostly under wraps for now.)

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1

That was really good.  I think every character included made sense, as did the ones left out.  And I loved, more than even my girl Sara kicking ass, Diggle's reaction to J'onn.  Even if I hated everything else I would give it all the stars for that moment.  I don't know if J'onn is in the crossover (do NOT spoil me) but, if he is, they need to recreate that moment.  It was epic.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2016 at 6:11 AM, MarkHB said:

Time and place, though :)  .  Maybe we'll see some in the crossover.

I think they'd have less time in the crossover, they take care off all the crazyness that comes with that. This would've been the perfect time to have Sara flirt with Kara and see Kara's reaction to that. 

More episodes:

The CW has added four episodes to the second season of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, TVLine has learned, giving White Canary and the gang a bit more time to fix all of those historical aberrations.

The latest order brings the Season 2 episode total to 17.

• Love 4

I had a good feeling this would happen since MG said some plans for this season weren't written yet and there's no way they don't know where the show is headed by now at least to episode 13. Very good news. This is my favorite comic book based show.

• Love 2

Good news. This season has been so much better than S1 so far now that they aren't tied down to the Hawks and Vandal Savage (although I do miss Rip). It's not got the best ratings but it does seem to be stable. 17 episodes is good because the SFX already look ropey sometimes so using the extra budget for that instead of 22 is worth it. I'm really just pleased we get more Sara onscreen but everyone else has also grown on me (including Ray which I would never have thought possible. )

• Love 1

I am honestly not sure that the extra budget can profitably go to improving the SFX very much, to be honest, at least not the CGI ones.  There are two main cost centers for CGI: labor expense in crafting the initial models, and rendering time to generate the finished product.  The more-detailed the models (example: the individual hairs bristling in Grodd's fur), the more work they are to create, and the longer the rendering time to bring them to life, and the rendering time HAS to follow completion of the model for obvious reasons (I've never worked with modern production 3D CGI stuff, but I'd be be very surprised if you can update a model during a render).  If you're going to throw more money into the effects budget, the time to do so is shortly after the renewal announcement so Armen can plan the project timeline; in the middle of production they might be able to tweak the existing models a little, but there's not going to be much time to create all-new ones and have them look good in time for this season (I'm assuming they're already working on an updated model for Ray's new suit if he's getting one, so if they are getting more SFX money that might wind up looking better than it would have otherwise).

• Love 1

Since this tv and the CW, I can forgive their crappy CGI. They don't have the budget and have to what they can. I'd rather they spend it on the heroes then one off bad guys. Nate's steel looks good to me. That's what matters. 

• Love 3
On 11/10/2016 at 6:43 AM, Sakura12 said:

Since this tv and the CW, I can forgive their crappy CGI. They don't have the budget and have to what they can. I'd rather they spend it on the heroes then one off bad guys. Nate's steel looks good to me. That's what matters. 

I agree for the most part but that was one extra crappy one off bad guy.  I want to believe that there were other mitigating circumstances to explain that crap beyond time and money.  They could have done better with creative camera angles, shadows and monster suits.

The only thing I am worried about is that it will be up against This Is Us, a ratings powerhouse, on Tuesday at that time. Hope that the live ratings don't take a hit because of that. Luckily I think streaming now plays such a big role a hit to live views isn't necessarily a death sentence.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 1

That is true.  I'm not sure what the crossover audience is between TIU and LoT, but yeah, it's  one of the season's biggest hits (I think maybe only Empire is getting better ratings in scripted shows, but I might be wrong on that).  So yeah, that could potentially be a problem. :(

• Love 1

No, I had no problem with that creature. It looked fine to me.

? Well, glad someone loved it.

The only thing I am worried about is that it will be up against This Is Us, a ratings powerhouse, on Tuesday at that time. 

LOT was going up against TBBT + Grey Anatomy +NFL on Thur, 3 ratings juggernauts, I think it will be fine against TIU. TIU might weaken a bit by spring anyway. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 2

I think it will be a good move for the show to Tues to hopefully retain some Flash audience. I'm just personally bummed because it will conflict with This is Us. And as much as LoT is a fun show to watch. There is something magical about TIU, that will almost always choose to watch it live over another show, including LoT.

But I'm not a Nielsen, so it doesn't really matter. Honestly, I'm  just glad to see it get more episodes, if they needed to move it so be it.

• Love 2

Tuesdays should give it its best chance at its widest audience.  I'm hoping the crossover shows off how fun it can be and how well it balances its large cast.  I remain impressed how LoT can have seven large personalities plus guest stars in every episode and no one on the show feels marginalized.    Team Arrow right now also has seven and it feels like a bloated mess where a third of the cast are barely doing anything.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

So I purposely didn't buy season 1 because I knew the Black Friday prices would be low and I'm cheap. I'm right as Target is selling for $10 but, naturally, it's sold out. Meanwhile there are plenty of copies of Flash and Arrow on the shelves so I'm choosing to take this as a good sign. 

• Love 4

I found it at a different location but that's also good to know!

On a different note, I picked up my White Canary Funko today and, as I walked around GameStop, I noticed a few others.  It was only after I paid that I realized I'd purchase Sara's and Cold's Funkos together.  Completely unintentional but it did amuse me.  Clearly I need to see the characters together again.

• Love 5